DSL EXTREME page on DSLReports

Review by BellaStorm See Profile

• Location: Milwaukee,Milwaukee,WI
Good "Fast, unlimited usage (no data caps), over provisioned"
Overall "If you have Att Uverse, you are MUCH better off going through trueSTREAM from DSLExtreme."

I ordered my service about 40 days before I wanted it installed, because of the free professional installation. The package ordered was initially 18mb, but the line would only support 12mb. The first install was labeled a "failed install". I left a message here on DslReports, and was contacted by support (on the same day). The very next day, an ATT Tech and supervisor come out to fix the problem. It wasn't quite fixed, (sync drops), but it was made right (after another phone call). Now, it's stable and fast.

Equipment is NVG 510.

Support went out of their way to make me a happy customer.

Thanks.

member for 333 days, 246 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by miampro See Profile

• Location: Woodland,Yolo,CA
Good "Connection works, no sales calls, self sevice website"
Bad "None really considering the compeition "
Overall "Great value for an ISP. "

I have been a customer with DSL Extreme since 2007, and have seen me through two addresses. Ordering was easy I remember entering my information into their website and then they gave me an activation date. I did have to call tech support to change a setting on my modem. They allowed the use of my old ATT Yahoo modem although they do provide rental modems to customers that do not have one. I started with their 1.5 mbs then moved to the 3.0 mbs service after we got a Roku player. We can stream two Roku's and have a couple of computers surfing the web with out much of a slowdown. The service as never to my knowledge has been down. I really liked that DSL extreme would send any email out a month before the contract was up and renewing was fairly easy. unfortunately for renewing we could not get the deal that new customers could get. However without any data caps the service was great.

Unfortunately this year will be my last with DSL Extreme. My contact is due to expire in Feb 2015 and I find that having an ATT landline at $35.00 on top of the DSL service not to be cost effective anymore. DSL Extreme does offer a Fusion service that I can not qualify for due to my subdivision being on a remote terminal. Also although ATT sells Uverse in my area I have checked several times with DSL Extreme to find out I do not qualify for their Truestream Service [Which is resold Uverse] nor their DSL Direct which is Dryloop DSL with out a landline. Now I am forced to decided on choosing either my cable company Wave Broadband or Uverse as being the more cost effective route since I will be ditching my POTS line and switching over to a Voip provider for landline service.

Overall I have been very happy with my service with DSL Extreme its a shame that ATT will not allow DSL Extreme to resell Uverse to me and now I will have to go an sign up with ATT to get internet with out a POTS landline service.

Update: After this review DSLX reached out to me, and found that their online tool was not listing my address as being available for truestream. I submitted a third order where DSLX stated they would notated my account to force the upgrade of service. I am now amending my review due to now I can get the services that I wanted from DSLX.

Update 02/11/2015:

It took a while to get my address added from Att's database to DSLX's but my Truestream service was just installed on 2/06/15 after waiting almost a month for Att to add my area. The good thing was that I was still under contract with DLSX from my old service. So far the new service has been great. I ordered the 12/1 plan and regularly get 15/1.9 which is over what my speed tier is. The only thing this connection added about 15ms to my pings but its still sub 30ms and is fine. I am very happy I ported my old ATT landline over to Basic Talk a voip provider and it works with out any issues. Although there was a delay in service I was not without internet and will recommend DSLX without hesitation.

member for 78 days, 103 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Jayd See Profile

Good "Not much"
Bad "Customer service"

Stay away from companies that don’t value their customers!

I have been with dslextreme for the past two years. It’s now time to renew my contract and they are expecting me to do so at a substantially increased rate.

As far as connectivity, not too much to say, there are occasional hiccups, but overall the service provides what I need. However, there are other options in my area that are substantially cheaper than dslextreme - half of what I’m currently paying - and after this rate increase I would be paying way more than double of what other providers are offering (and not only to first time clients). Therefore, I called billing to see if they were willing to at least renew my service at the same rate. The representative was rude and, without even making an effort to see if a better rate was an option, advised me on how to cancel service and threatened me with crazy penalties if I don’t return the modem (which was never in question). Do these people realize that they are paid by their customers?!

I guess dslextreme is doing very well if they can afford to lose clients like that.

Time to say goodbye!

Comments:

Demonfang

join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA

1 recommendation

worrysome

well this is worrysome only a day after the announcement of being bought back by the original company, hoping this isn't going to carry through and that it's just a transition hiccup.

Re: worrysome

No need to worry, we haven't changed anything because of the transition. We still work to provide the best service possible, and our pricing hasn't increased either.

Hi Jayd,

I'm sorry your experience with the billing representative went poorly. I'm in the Tech Support department but I do know that we don't have variable rates available for a given address and speed; it's not like a representative can assign you a custom rate or discount, so there wouldn't be any 'better rate' for the representative to look for. Regardless, he shouldn't have been rude about it. Similarly, our representatives are required to advise you about the non-returned modem fee when you cancel service (it's standard protocol, not an accusation that you weren't going to return the modem), but it should have been delivered as a cautionary warning, not a threat. Would you mind sending me a PM with some of your account information? I'd like to see which representative you spoke with to have their supervisor review the call and take appropriate action.
Jayd

join:2013-01-14
·DSL EXTREME

Re: DSL Extreme

Hello, Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify: when I wrote "see if a better rate was an option," I was referring to my previous sentence where I explained that I was asking to "renew my service at the same rate." I did NOT ask the representative "to look for" a better rate as you stated.

Being rude to a customer is wrong as well as not making an effort to accommodate reasonable requests, particularly when it is widely recognized that the cost of acquisition of new customers is greater than that of keeping an existing one. Bottom line: your representative has cost your company several hundred $$ a year for years to come. Equally significant, while before this experience I was recommending DSLextreme, I now tell everyone looking for an ISP to stay away from this company. As I said before, I guess DSLextreme can afford it... or maybe it's time they review certain procedures.

On a final note, when I called billing I also asked to talk to a supervisor about the rate, but your representative refused to let me speak to one!

I will PM you the requested info. Thanks

Review by koulnick See Profile

• Location: Morton Grove,Cook,IL
Good "They allowed me to purchase the modem instead of leasing it."
Bad "After the 12 months the price will go up, but not sure how much."
Overall "Solid service and speed"

Ordered trueStream Max 12Mbps-DL/1Mbps-UL, 5 static IPs.
The installation was painless and fast.

I tried ordering service via phone and was told that service is not available for my location.
But I had checked using the website and it said that it was available.
So I ordered thru the website and it went thru just fine.
The website also allowed me to purchase the modem instead of leasing which is why I was trying to order via the phone in the first place.

Comments:

Review by JOnderisin See Profile

• Location: San Diego,San Diego,CA
Good "DSLExtreme kept in touch and made sure the install proceeded."
Bad "AT&T Installers took 3 days and 3 different installer teams to get it working"
Overall "There were issues with clean lines into my home but DSLExtreme kept after the install team and got it done."

I ordered the new TrueSTREAM with 45 megabit down and 5 megabit up from DSLExtreme. Only had to wait a week for the installation window. My last mile carrier is with AT&T and they had to make sure that I had two clean copper lines into my home for the TrueSTREAM to ride on. It took AT&T three different install teams on three different days to get the job finished. The original install date was scheduled for a Friday and to my surprise they worked on Saturday and Sunday to get my installation finished. The end result is a blazingly fast 50 megabits down. Now everyone in my family is able to stream high-def content at the same time. We regularly have 4 high-def streams going at the same time and there is no buffering. DSLExtreme kept me in the loop with what the AT&T installation team was doing. I got regular calls from them over the weekend with status on the installation. I would recommend DSLExtreme to everyone. They are truly a class act.

Comments:

Review by segacorpceo See Profile

• Location: Reedley,Fresno,CA
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "Cheaper than Verizon"
Bad "Billing Support is a nightmare."
Overall "Will stay as"

I first signed up for a 1 year contract on the 3Mbps/768 package for about 28 with tax.May 2013. When Verizon came to install service they tried to con me by saying they were going to charge a fee to run a new line to my house(dryloop). This turned out to be false and service was installed a couple days later.

This is when I had a the trouble with billing. I was trying to get a prorated refund because billing said the service was installed the first time Verizon came out.Long story short billing said I was a liar and said Verizon couldn't install because of an inside wiring issue. Which was a total and utter lie. I had to resort to Nick on this website because that idiot rep just kept sticking to her annoying script. He cleared everything up. Lord have mercy on you if you have to deal with those people. Even though their U.S. based they are the worst of the worst.

At first the connection was better than my prevoius line, I was syncing at full 3megs but not full upload. I had to call a couple times for them to check it out, and the last time they removed some bridgetap and the connection has been stable ever since. After my one year contract the price went up $5. Will probably stay with them if there is no more price increases. I also, wanted to point out that they charge like $20 for modem rental fee (one time fee). The kicker is that it is a USED OLD modem with no router. At least Verizon gives you a NEW modem/router combo totally free when you sign up!!!

member for 4.1 years, 517 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by arruge4 See Profile

• Location: Riverside,Riverside,CA
Good "Nothing"
Bad "Tech support, billing"
Overall "It was a real nightmare with these guys"

I was a previous DSL Extreme customer in the past, and I had no complaints back then.

I recently ordered their DSL service for my second home. I planned to use it for light browsing and streaming. The fastest plan available on ADSL was 1.5/384, so I ordered that and service started about a week ago.

Immediately there were problems with web pages loading. At times web pages would load normally, and then a minute later they would not ("problem loading page" errors or incomplete pages with missing graphics, etc).

I ran a speed test and the reported numbers were 1.3/320.

On my own I tried different web browsers on different computers in the house, changed the DSL phone line filter, replaced the phone cable from the jack, swapped out the DSL modem (used a 2wire, netgear, and d-link), removed my wireless router, and switched to cat5 direct to the modem. I finally ran a new phone line from the outside jack less than 10ft to the modem. All that on my own and still no change. Web page loading was still a problem.

I emailed DSL Extreme tech support. I received a reply the next day and began the troubleshooting process.

A whole week of emails and phone calls, and here is what happened:
* Check the DSL signal each time and they do not see a problem -- one tech guy did mentioned that there were some drops on the downstream
* Attenuation was about 63db, SNR around 18-19, distance out just over 14,000ft
* Tracert checks -- lots of time outs and incomplete traces
* Change the profile from fast to interleave -- latency goes up
* Change the profile from interleave to fast -- latency goes back down
* Port change
* Change the profile from fast to interleave (2nd time)
* Change the profile from interleave to fast (2nd time)

All this and still no resolution.

Finally, DSL Extreme sent an AT&T technician to check the line at my house (and AT&T will charge a fee if there is any repair done inside the home, but outside work is free) He checked the wiring and equipment. He said the line readings from outside showed no errors. I showed him my laptop that I used for troubleshooting all week. He saw the web pages loading slow or not loading at all. He connected his Ipad to my home network and experienced the same problem. He said something like it was worse than dial-up.

He drove out to check the street terminal. About 45 minutes later he drove back and explained that he found the terminal and it was about 4,000 ft from my house, and because it was an older neighborhood it was still using a copper network. After that he closed everything up and left. I did ask for his business card in case I needed to contact him for information.

I contacted DSL Extreme again. I explained the technician left and nothing was fixed. Tech support said they would call me back that day (she had to speak to her supervisor about something). I never got a call back. I called the next day. Tech support read the technician's notes. He said he had to check something with the phone company so he was going to call me back. He did call back and his idea was to change the profile to fast (for a 3rd time!).

At this point I lost it. After a whole week of jumping through hoops I told him I wanted out of my contract and the service closed. They had a whole week to try to fix the problem, and now they wanted to start all over again from the beginning. And with these guys it is not really a "troubleshooting process" because if it were they would not be doing the same things over and over again. I am very sure that if I did not mention the previous profile changes or port changes or whatever these guys would keep doing the same things.

His final "guess" for fixing the problem was to change the DSLAM. I told him "if that did not work, what then?" He said something like "I guess we will try something else" and I asked "what else is there to try?" He had no reply. The obvious solution was that AT&T would need to do a major network upgrade in this area, and that is not likely to happen soon. I asked the agent if he could force AT&T to upgrade the neighborhood and he said "if that is what we have to do then we will do it." I just laughed at that.

*** Now the fun part. The billing department. ***

I spoke to billing and explained the situation. After a week of troubleshooting the problem is still unresolved. I was tired of it and I think it is best to just cancel the contract and let me go on my way.

She read the tech support notes and put me on hold to speak her supervisor. She got back about 10 mins later and explained that since I did not allow tech support to fix the problem (by changing the DSLAM) I would have to pay the $250 termination fee. I explained to her the basic problem I had with their tech support: they do not know what they are doing! After which she offered to switch me to month-to-month plan and charge me a $60 activation fee and a pro-rated monthly plan fee. That was the cheapest way to "buy out" of the contract. About $75 total for a crappy week of internet service.

After that I called the AT&T technician that came out and I asked him about the DSLAM change. He said all the line readings looked good when he checked it, so changing the DSLAM was unnecessary. So DSL Extreme tech support was wrong again.

I really should have checked if there was a 30-day satisfaction guarantee included. But with DSL Extreme it is all about milking the customer, so I am sure they would have stuck it to me either way.

Would I recommend DSL Extreme to others? Absolutely not. These guys are as bad as the big cable companies when it comes to support. They care more about $$$ then customer satisfaction.

Comments:

dslx_nick

Dear arruge4,

I'm sorry you had trouble with your connection and the support you received from us, and hope that you don't have that same difficulty with your next provider. For what it's worth, I can tell you from experience that changing the DSLAM was the correct action at that point. If you'd like, I can provide further technical information explaining this.

Also, if you haven't already I do recommend reading this BBR FAQ: »DSL FAQ »What is the 80% bandwidth / speed I do understand that your problem was an intermittent one ("At times web pages would load normally, and then a minute later they would not"), but 1.3/320 on an online speed test is actually very good for a line provisioned for 1.5/384 gross, so something to be aware of when running speed tests in the future, whether with us or with another ISP.

Sincerely,
Nick L.
DSL Extreme Tech Support

Review by zefie See Profile

• Location: Hudson,Columbia,NY
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Fast provision, full line speed, local US support here on BBReports"
Bad "Phone support overseas"
Overall "If you need tech support, come here, don't use their site"

·Verizon Wireless..
Ordered DSL Extreme 2011-09-06, I forgot to include my DSL #, so the delay was my fault. After providing the DSL number on 2011-09-08, my login was working for both email and PPPoE within an hour. Activation date was set for 2011-09-12

On 2011-09-09, I woke up to my new speed provisioning. 3360/704. The speed I been trying to ask Verizon for, DSL Extreme gives me before my order is even complete!

So far my experience with DSL Extreme has been pleasant. A special thanks to dslx_steve on this site as well!

(Original Plan: 3000/786, $28/m after fees)

~~

Note: For those reading my review, this is more the exception than the rule. I want to be fair and point out that DSL Extreme (or any other DSL Provider), in most cases, cannot give you more than your local telco. This is a technical issue, and not a company issue.

If you read my Verizon DSL review, you will understand that Verizon was cutting me short. Because of this, my line handles the faster speeds provided by DSL Extreme. I have a basic understanding of how DSL works.

~~

Update 08-15-2012: So my contract was set to run out next month, so I was kicking around the idea of trying to upgrade to 5mbit. Spoke to dslx_nick on here who was very helpful. My line just may handle it, so we'll see. We discussed ADSL2+ (can't get it, VZ issue), and downgrading (free if a tech determines my line can't handle the 5mbit plan), and contract renewal. So I went ahead and placed the order last night (8/14/2012). Got an email stating it was complete and should be active by 8/17/2012. Now I sit up refreshing my modem sync page hoping it comes early like my initial signup

(New Plan: 5000/786, $53/m after fees)

Long story short, still happy with DSL Extreme.

Update 08-17-2012: Early morning my DSL sync went up but my PPPoE login stopped working for a few hours, then it came back. Now I have this: »imgur.com/pAEBk.png

Update 02-26-2013: DSLReports' auto system is asking me to update my review, but I don't really have anything new to add. Have had no issues since my last update

~~

Update 03-28-2013: After speaking with dslx_nick and kicking ideas back and forth, I have opted to downgrade from my 5mbit interleave package back to 3mbit, but with fastpath. My line barely handled the 5mbit, and ever since Superstorm Sandy, the noise margin would bounce anywhere between 0.5 and 6.0 at any given time. The bleeding edge sync was starting to cause problems with low latency applications, such as gaming.

We ran a 48 hour test of 3mbit with FastPath, with no issues, and a decent margin (as well as super low latency). So now we are in the process of making the downgrade official. DSLX's billing department called me yesterday (03-27-2013) to verify and confirm the downgrade. The usual downgrade fee was waived for me due to the line quality.

I am still waiting for the re-provision, which is scheduled to take place anytime between now and 04-03-2013, but will likely occur sooner. The monthly fee for the 3mbit package is slightly higher now than it was when I first joined (by about $5), but this is likely due to Verizon raising everyone's DSL rates.

I am still very happy with DSL Extreme, because of the level of support provided by Nick. It is nice to be able to have a conversation with a tech that is on the same, or higher knowledge level as you, rather than having customer service treat you like you don't know anything, or an arrogant tech that knows it all. I will likely continue to be a customer for as long as I am in an area they service.

Update 2013-09-30: Some time ago (sorry, I don't remember) I went back to Interleave on my 3mbit ADSL1 line. This worked great, however on 2013-09-26, Nick managed to convince my local Verizon CO to switch my line to ADSL2+, something I have been trying to do since I got Verizon DSL, before I even switched to DSL Extreme. They used to give him the same excuses they gave me, but we got lucky on this day and they agreed to do it. VZ promised it would be ready on the 27th, but it was not ready until the 28th. I had no internet for 36 hours, but this is completely at the fault of VZ and not DSL Extreme, due to how my CO handled the upgrade. Ever since the 28th, everything has been fine, and my sync speeds have been better. I am now in the process of trying the upgrade to 5mbit again, now that I am on ADSL2+, and will see how it goes. I have renewed my annual contract with DSL Extreme, and am still really happy with them, and still give kudos to dslx_nick here on BBReports. If you have a problem, just calmly message him and he will get it fixed, if humanly possible.

In other words, still happy here

Update 2015-01-21: I upgraded to the 5mbit shortly after my last update, and got a second line a few months ago. The service provided by DSL Extreme was fantastic, but I had to switch to cable, not because of DSL Extreme, but because of limitations of Verizon's DSL. DSL Extreme pulled strings and tried everything they could to get me to the speed I needed, but it just wasn't enough with all the devices I have on my home network. If you are in an area where you can get DSL Extreme's newer plans, I would highly advise it. Unfortunately, I am stuck with copper lines here, and Verizon refuses to upgrade the infrastructure. I am sad to leave DSL Extreme because the support and service is beyond anything I have experienced in my 12+ years of dealing with ISPs. I would definitely join DSL Extreme again if I move to a better area.

member for 7.6 years, 609 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by richardhack2 See Profile

• Location: San Francisco,San Francisco,CA
Good "Fast installation, consistent speed."
Bad "None for last couple years; some DNS issues some years ago"
Overall "I recommend them."

Just want to report on the upgrade from regular DSLExtreme 3Mbps service to trueExtreme 6Mbps which just happened today.

I'm in a single room occupancy hotel in downtown San Francisco (Tenderloin district), so I'm limited to 6Mbps service, otherwise I might have gone for a higher speed.

Ordered the service a couple weeks ago. Initial installation date was Thursday, January 8, but that was pushed back to the alternate of Monday, January 12, from 11-1.

I was sent a couple emails over the next week including one on Friday reminding me of the installation date and what to expect.

The emails said I would be called a few minutes before the arrival of the ATT tech. This did not happen, however. Instead, the ATT installer showed up precisely - and I mean like one minute after - 11 AM. I was still shaving! I really hadn't expected them to show up so soon. But hey, the sooner the better.

The installer set up my jack, then went off to find my cable pair. He tested the phone cable and discovered that the pair I was using for my current DSLExtreme service was not good enough for trueSTREAM. So he attached it to another pair and that worked.

He got sync from the phone box near the elevator, and through another patch panel in the ceiling outside my room, and through the cable to the jack.

He plugged in the modem - a Motorola NVG510 - and it didn't sync. We were using the DSL cable from the phone jack to the modem that I had been using for my previous DSL. He suspected that cable, so he hooked up his own. That synced. Then he tried my original cable and it synced - but the modem still didn't sync. He went ahead and replaced the cable anyway. Modem still didn't sync.

So the modem was likely a dud. Fortunately he had one more in his truck, which he installed and it worked fine.

Rebooted my openSUSE Linux box to get an IP (had to do it twice because the modem ran an update in the middle of the first reboot, so the box didn't get an IP the first time). Ran Speedtest, got 5.8-5.9 Mbps download and .72 Mbps upload.

Installation took about 1.5 hours, with probably a half hour devoted to troubleshooting the modem.

The installer also gave me his card with a personal account number so I can call him on his cell over and above DSLExtreme support, which was very nice.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with this installation. We'll see how things go from here as to consistency of speed, any DNS issues, etc. But so far this has been very smooth. Kudos to DSLExtreme and the ATT installer.

I've downloaded the modem manual from Ron Berman's site as well as some additional info from a Google search, so I'm prepared for any issues. In conversation with the ATT installer, he said they have something like 7-8 different modems they use now. I'm aware the NVG510 had some issues in the past - 2011-2012 time frame - but this one was made in April, 2013, so I assume those issues have been fixed. We'll see.

I've been using DSLExtreme for several years now. Earlier there seemed to be periodic issues with DNS server downtime, but that hasn't occurred for me for a couple years now. Speed has been consistent, and I've been very satisfied up until now. We'll see how the rebranded-uVerse trueEXTREME works out.

Comments:

Review by pmilligan See Profile

• Location: Indianapolis,Marion,IN
Good "Price, low latency"
Bad "Delays and errors w/ new account setup, no static IP, and lower 'speed'."
Overall "Solid connectivity, but less functional than previous ISP."

My local ISP left the DSL market end of July, and DSL Extreme was mentioned as an ISP that was still in the business. This is for home use, but I previously have always had business level service so I could run multiple TCP/IP services.

I had multiple static IPs before, and the pre-qualification check said my line would only support one dynamic IP. I've tried to find out why, and was bounced between multiple support people without getting an answer. I also wanted to find out the policy for running web services. It appears it is allowed policy-wise even for home service.

Went ahead and order the 'faster' DSL of 5000/512 kbps as a home service. I chose to continue using my current DSL adapter. Will have to figure out later how to run the various TCP/IP services with a dynamic IP.

Started order on 30-July, and it was reported as activated on 12-August. The DSL adapter accepted my PPPOE log in, but then I lose access to the adapter once it shows WAN connectivity. I called DSLX support, and was not able to confirm my access initially. They didn't understand my non-Microsoft configuration, and also wanted me to give them my password. They recognized they weren't helping me, and said a higher-tier tech would call me back.

When the higher tier tech called back, they had me reset my adapter, and they found a configuration error with my account. After that was corrected, the DSL adapter WAN connection is working. About 4 hours from earlier call to fix.

As many other reviews reported the quality of tech support, I am not surprised with some of the confusion from that. I had hoped for better pre-sales info. I also hoped that since my adapter had worked before, it would be a simple change in account data to get back online. Obviously not that lucky.

After the account error was fixed, I was still having trouble reaching some web-sites, including DSLReports. After a couple of days of working with DSLX support, found I had a local firewall rule that was the problem. My bad on that.

[Had a death in the family, and so put the DSL reconfiguration on hold for four months].

Started switching to the new DSL. The bandwidth unfortunately has dropped since the initial setup. Also the dynamic IP is changing more often. I haven't been able to restore external access to my site yet.

So far, I'm paying less, but not getting the Internet access I used to get. I can tolerate the loss in bandwidth, but am still haven't developed alternates or workarounds. DSL Extreme probably would be sufficient for most users, so don't consider my problems as reason to not check them out for yourself.

Comments:

dslx_gm

Your connection...

Hi Pat,

Sorry to hear that you've had a little bit of a rough start. We would be happy to help you get back on track. I took a look at your account and show your line is in sync. That's great as it means the service is connected and you just need to enter your username and password into your router, computer or modem to authenticate and be able to surf the web. That's a very easy process and our support team would be happy to help. I show that your ticket has been picked up by one of our technicians and someone should be reaching out shortly to help. If you miss their call feel free to give them a call back at 866-491-7221 and one of our second level agents will have the call routed to them and will be able to assist. Confident we will be able to get you connected in short order.

Thanks for your business. We look forward to getting you connected and earning your trust. I am confident you will love the service.

Regards,

You're Connected...

Just spoke with the technician who handled your account and she indicated she was able to assist in getting you fully connected. Looks like your line is operating at full speed with solid line readings as well. You should be in great shape.

Enjoy the new service! We sincerely appreciate your business and support.

Regards,
pmilligan

join:2000-10-05
Indianapolis, IN

Re: You're Connected...

Thanks for providing an alternative to SBC.
I'm getting farther, but not in the clear yet. For some reason I cannot connect to www.dslreports.com:80 on the new connection. It times out.

Re: You're Connected...

Welcome you to visit us in our forums here on BBR.

»DSL Extreme

We have an active community of clients that support eachother as well as a a few official DSL Extreme technicians that provide support. dslx_nick See Profile who helps our valued clients there will be reaching out to see if he can help isolate the problem with connecting to DSL Reports.

Thanks
totalradio

join:2007-09-15
·Suddenlink
·Windstream
The fact that you can't get a static IP, is one of the reasons I don't jump to them. I've had two conversations with them asking about that very thing. First they tell me its not available, then they say its available, when I press for particulars, they retract and say that its not. I can't go back & forth like that, so that's why I stay with AT&T.

Re: You're Connected...

We do have static IPs available in most areas now via our new trueSTREAM product. Would recommend taking a look to see if you qualify. »www.dslextreme.com/truestream

Chatsworth, CA

New trueSTREAM service available at your location...

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your continued support of DSL Extreme. Since you ordered service we have launched a new service that I think would be a great fit for you to upgrade to. The new service is called trueSTREAM. It offers a couple of things that you are looking for:

1. Faster speeds with packages up to 75Mbps in select areas. I checked your location and you qualify for up to the 18.0/1.5 speed package. You are currently on the up to 3.0 package so this would be a nice upgrade for you.

2. Static IP service is now available at your location.

3. The ability to drop your phone line. If you don't need local phone service with AT&T you can now drop that service at with trueSTREAM it doesn't require underlying phone service.

4. Wireless gateway/router.

You can take a look at the packages and upgrade by going to our members section (existing clients) at »www.dslextreme.com/members. If you want to see details about the new service you can go to »www.dslextreme.com/truestream.

I think this will be a great fit for you and solve many of your needs. Look forward to having you on the trueSTREAM service.

Thanks!