Pioneer Internet page on DSLReports

Review by Nanoo1972 See Profile

• Location: Kingfisher,Kingfisher,OK
  • Telco party Pioneer Telephone Cooperative

Sorry, wrong Pioneer. Admins, please remove.

Comments:

Review by BoomerSooner See Profile

• Location: Apache,Caddo,OK
  • Telco party Pioneer Telephone Cooperative
Good "VERY few downtimes, great support response."
Bad "Static IP plans are rather pricey. $30 premium over Dynamic."
Overall "Great service for us"

Being 25 miles from the nearest "big" city, having any type of DSL is a plus. I've had Pioneer DSL for nearly 5 years now and it's only been down a handful of times in that period. Each and every time, they had us back up and runiing within 24 hours (most of the time within 8 hours). Phone support has always been responsive. They give you that "small town feel' but act like their entire business depends on you, the customer.

Only downside is the static IP plans are a bit pricey. 3 mbps down and 768 kbps up with a Dynamic IP is $49.95. If you want a single static IP, then it jumps to $79.95 a month. Four static IP's is $119.95 and eight is a whopping $149.95.

All in all, I'd have to give them a 4 out of 5. The 1 point taken away because of the price of the static IP plans. If you're not in need of a static IP address, then you'll most likely find them to be a 5/5.

UPDATED 06/27/09 - Pioneer recently informed static IP customers that their IP address was going to change. We received instructions with the new IP address and the timeline. The switch went absolutely FLAWLESSLY. No problem whatsoever other than the usual wait for the new IP adrdress to propogate to other DNS servers. In two days, all was normal. As I stated in my original review, I highly recommend Pioneer for DSL/Internet service in the areas they service.

Comments:

Review by Faell See Profile

• Location: Blanchard,Mcclain,OK
Good "None"
Bad "High Latency"
Overall "Pass if you have any other choice."

Wrong Pioneer! Some people who reviewed below me also posted on the wrong Pioneer. We are talking about the one in Oklahoma. Sorry!

If you are looking for the Oklahoma based Pioneer that operates out of Kingfisher go here:
»User reviews - Pioneer Telephone Cooperative Inc.

Comments:

Review by lokifz See Profile

• Location: Newcastle,Mcclain,OK
Good "You can do the pedestrian things like check your email"
Bad "Poor connectivity, poor customer service, poor tech support"
Overall "Please oh please let any other company enter this market area so i can switch"

If you want to game, or do anything other then check your email your out of luck.

They only care about your connection speed to Kingfisher Oklahoma, tech will check to make sure your speed to Kingfisher Oklahoma is good. Hate to tell Pioneer but Kingfisher is not even a happening spot in Oklahoma.

So if you want to access all the world has to offer with servers based in Kingfisher Oklahoma then this is your service.

If you want to connect to the rest of the globe its not your best choice of ISP.

Tech support is rather Orwellian in thier lack of care, or ability to even tell someone there is a problem with the service.

They have a horrible issue with poor service that is routed thru Dallas, but actually refuse to pass the word to anyone there is a problem.

paying customer -"so can you call them and tell them there is a problem"
Pioneer- "No"

I wish for a different provider to move into my market area, we only have the option of pioneer.

I also hope for pioneer to fall into the deepest pit of hades and burn for eternity.

Comments:

Review by imotep See Profile

• Location: Newcastle,Mcclain,OK
Good "for everyday surfing, this company works great"
Bad "For gamers, beware they have a problem with a router in TX"
Overall "If your a gamer, you might want to research this company before getting them as your ISP."

Pioneer Telephone Co-op is my only resource for internet where I live. I have complained for 6-8 months about latency issuses in World of Warcraft to no avail. They have me run the normal bandwidth tests and say that my connection is fine and it probably is, however, they are buying bandwidth from att it looks like and I have ran several trace routes to the server that I am playing on and every single time I get a big spike in Dallas TX (tbr2.dlstx.ip.att.net)(IP is 12.123.16.6) my latency goes from 56ms to 460ms when it hits that junction and climbs to 655ms at one point on down the line. Pioneer tells me that its not their equipment and will not try to get att to fix this problem. I did a google search on that url and found that people from all over the US that hit that point has the same latency problem. I don't understand why they can't at least make a call and see if att is aware of it and if/when it will be corrected. My latency continues to climb in game (over 1000ms now) and the game that I enjoy playing is now no more fun.