ACCELERATION.NET page on DSLReports

Review by wanman6400 See Profile

• Location: Boulder,Boulder,CO
Good "Great Service, Reliable Connections, Very Knowledgable Staff"
Overall "Best value and service for Business class DSL/Frame Hybrid WAN"

We currently have 31 sites with Acceleration and couldn't be more pleased with the service. Approximatley a year ago, Acceleration built us a hybrid network of DSL and frame relay connections that all aggregate back to their NOC in Florida. The connections all come back into Boulder CO on a large 1.5 Mb DSL connection that is backed-up by an Internet VPN tunnel in case the DSL gets dropped. We have not had to use the VPN yet!

This was all done using our existing private IP range so nothing had to change in the outlying offices except the routers.

This new network design or "Accelerated Private Network" slashed our frame network WAN costs in half and more than quadrupled the entire network bandwidth.

If you are afraid of leaving the comfort, percieved reliability and high costs of your existing frame relay network for a hybrid DSL/Frame network because your existing provider is telling you not to go or you think DSL is not reliable, don't listen to them and get the facts for yourself. Acceleration offers you the future of the WAN, now, with savings and great support to go with it. You won't be sorry you made the switch!

Misc information:

Connection speeds range from 56K (frame) to 1.5mb (DSL). More DSL than frame connections and as DSL becomes more available and the frame contracts end, we will be converting them to DSL.

Static IP's due to their Accelerated Private Network design. Prices are on their website.

Previously driven Cisco routers (old frame network) for frame and Speedstream routers for the DSL.

We have co-located our own proxy server that Acceleration manages for us for a small monthly price.

7/21/03- We recently sold off about 60 of our offices and 20 of these were part of this network. The other company integrated the 20 connections by connecting to Acceleration with a large DSL line. The cutover from us to them went very smooth as well.

Comments:

Review by scamner See Profile

• Location: Gainesville,Alachua,FL
Good "Excellent customer service (a rare thing in the ISP world)"
Bad "I will try to think of one, but won't have much luck."
Overall "Don't even think about using anyone else!!"

I am the IS Manager for a medium sized property management company with about 18 locations that are serviced by Acceleration.net. They have been the most responsive ISP I have ever had the pleasure to work with. They think creatviely, they care about what they do and they are very easy to reach for questions and problems. We are not using the best connectivity solution (because of financial constraints on our end) but they have given us a very stable solution for a very good price.

I have been working with Chris Hollinger who has stayed on the phone with me on a few late nights getting some new things running and has done a top job of it.

Not only are they technically proficient, but also very nice people to deal with.

Comments:

Review by allchem See Profile

• Location: Gainesville,Alachua,FL
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "Acceleration knows internet connections"
Bad "Occasional DNS problems"
Overall "Open and Up front about business"

If you know what you want and what you are doing you will realize that they do just enough to make things right with out adding unnecessary complications. If you don't know what you want or what you are doing ask as many and as simple questions as you want. They know how to communicate your options.

member for 13.7 years, 34 visits, last login: 12.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by darcsaint See Profile

• Location: Gainesville,Alachua,FL
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "No PPPoE, excellent reliability, good speed"
Bad "My line doesn't quite get 1.5Mbit down"
Overall "Worth every penny."

Ordered late july, went live mid-august. Even Bellsouth moved quickly on this one, which was a highly pleasant surprise. Did a self install, very simple and straightforward with an Alcatel Speed Touch Home, set in bridged mode, and an assigned IP/subnet. Since then, the only time the line has been down has been when I take it down during thunderstorms (a $150 DSL bridge turned into a doorstop by lightning is not a pretty sight). As far as speed goes, I get anywhere from 500-1300 Kbit, with the occaisional spike to 1.5 for short periods of time. I haven't used their news/mail servers (I run my own smtp/pop3 offsite, and I have a subscribed nntp service), so I can't comment on those. All in all, a bit more expensive than the other options in the area (BS/Telocity), but very much worth it.

member for 13.1 years, 37 visits, last login: 12.8 years ago

Comments:

Review by inspro69 See Profile

• Location: Fort Myers,Lee,FL
Good "Professionally presented, installed and serviced"
Bad "took a little longer to get in than I wanted"
Overall "Very happy.... service is exactly as ordered"

These guys were very helpfull in our transition from a failed service and getting us up and running. I have several other services including a T-1 and Acceleration rates up at the top in all categories.. Thanks Accelleration for all your help!

Tim Shaw, CIC, President
Tim Shaw Insurance Group, Inc.

Comments:

Review by waradmin See Profile

• Location: Gainesville,Alachua,FL
  • CLEC party: New Edge Networks
Good "Very knowledgeable and helpful staff, Personal customer service, Fast and Reliable Service"
Bad "The need for BellSouth to get service"
Overall "Solid ISP"

Our company has been with Acceleration for a while now and we just recently became in range for ADSL service through them.

I considered going to another ISP but after shopping around, I decided to stick with Acceleration.net since there would be less complications (considering they currently did our web hosting and ISDN connection). Plus, the deals around town were not much different from to the other.

We placed our order before the routing station in our section of town was completed. We ran into an issue with BellSouth because we happened to be changing phone companies at the time and found out that we needed to keep one phone line with BS so we could get DSL service with Acceleration. This caused some delays since our order had to get resubmitted.

Once the order went through, we were setup and running the next day. I had some issues with our router and the Acceleration.net support staff help me even though it wasn't their responsibility to do so. There are about 45 PC's on our network and we are getting great transfer rates. Our employees are pleased and so am I.

Comments:

Review by gitm See Profile

• Location: Gainesville,Alachua,FL
  • CLEC party: New Edge Networks
Good "Really awsome network design and line link speeds"
Bad "Bellsouth still owns my copper wires"
Overall "Best ISP out there, really capable, worth it"

I needed two offices hooked together in seperate cities, so the trick is to find a DSL ISP that can handle both. I also will be adding a Frame Relay third office where there is no DSL and they can handle that as well. Very nice and convenient and the connection rocks. I don't get any more !#@$@!^& complaints about accessing the server at the main office. I started out with Randall the sales guy and he busted ass to get the quote I needed, thats the first reason I considered these guys. The quote was higher than my boss wanted but she won't buy Crucial memory either.

The first office was three weeks, the second was amonth. Theyre both 384 SDSL and it works great. There was one outage on the first day for an hour but its perfect now (three months). Bellsouth (there's a reason the initials are BS) sounds like they screwed up.

I'm going to have them host the web site and exchange mail too, and I've got my order in for my house (ADSL for 59.95, I'm dropping telocity and they'll let me do a self install to save money since I know I'm DSL capable), a friend of mine has them and pings are awsome for Quake and Tribes. One of the tech guys said they even host some game servers.

I'll update when the frame connection is hooked in.

Comments:

Review by charon1 See Profile

• Location: Saint Augustine,Saint Johns,FL
  • CLEC party: New Edge Networks
Good "Most knowlegdeable tech people I could find, speed as advertised"
Bad "Really, none"
Overall "Best ISP if you need real business connectivity and your life depends on it"

I almost missed these guys when I was looking for business DSL. Finally found them on google and verified that they were for real on dslreports! I already had a bad experience with Megapath and a never ending order at another client's location, so I was looking for someone I could work with that had some kind of clue. I'm a technical consultant for a number of businesses and really hate having to figure out all the options myself. Just ask someone at wherever you want to get hooked up about NAT, port-mapping, VPN etc., and all they can tell you is 'yeah, we are compatible with all kinds of PC's!!!' Sheeeeeaaaaatttt.

I got 768K (and I measured it) for $399. I migrated to a bridged config because I have a PIX, it works great.

Anyway, these guys took care of me and I'm sending them all my business.

Not really bad points, but I do wish there were more hardware modem/router options (only Efficient) and the price could always be lower. The newsgroups are just OK, some binaries missing, but usable. In my case the price is really worth it cuz it ain't my money and I sleep better. They did say pricing may be changing soon. Hope its not up.

Charon - 'the Boatman'

Comments:

Review by ersatzn See Profile

• Location: Fort Myers,Lee,FL
  • Telco party Sprint
  • CLEC party: New Edge Networks
Good "Most knowledgable DSL company I found, speed awsome"
Bad "none really, could always be cheaper I guess, but its worth it"
Overall "Best bet for business DSL lines"

I ordered a 384K SDSL in March because of what I saw here at DSLReports, and sort of interviewing the available ISPs. Of the ones with at least DS3 network speeds (I didn't want any oversold bandwidth here), I settled on MPI, Atlantic, and Acceleration. The only people I got on the phone that knew anything was Acceleration, and the DSLReports reviews were real good, so I went for it. After a great deal of confusion related to Sprint trying their best to screw everything up, 50 days later I was up. Learned way to much about the process and all the issues from the Accel guys, but since I need to do this again soon with a branch office I'm glad I did. They were able to keep me informed about what was going on, and even called me when there was a schedule change. I know businesses that tried the other companies and they just get the hold queue. Basically this is the kind of company that you never heard of because I think not a penny is spent on marketing, its all about the technology and doing it right. Special thanks to Dslreports or I would have never found them. I'd recommend Acceleration.net in a heartbeat for anything DSL. They also host my website and fixed my problems there.

• CLEC party: BellSouth

Just a quick note regarding my residential DSL service provided by
Acceleration.net in Gainesville, Florida. I made the merge out of AOL
and into the local ISP scene several years ago. As a gamer, I filtered
through at least a half a dozen dial up providers in my area, before
finding the best service around- Acceration.net. Needless to say, when DSL
made its way into my area, about a year ago, I was anxious to get it. I
initially tried working with BellSouth who provided a cheaper monthly
rate than Acceleration, but I met with constant delays, problems, lost
wages, and ignorance for over six months. I finally got to the point
where I just wanted to talk to someone on the telephone who knew more
about DSL than I did. So, I turned to Acceleration and they QUICKLY got
me up and running. As a computer geek, I have probably overextended my
welcome in their office; but various staff members have still taken the
time to give me a tour, explain things (in person, on the telephone, and
via email), and even fix a hardware problem. These guys run the type of
company the consumer only dreams of finding. They truly are concerned
about quality of service. I have and will continue to strongly
recommend them to anyone. Thanks, Acceleration....
Morgan C. Ferguson

(review was emailed from domain acceleration.net)