Videotron page on DSLReports

Review by Hyrules See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "Télévision et cellulaire ok"
Bad "Cher comparé aux autres"
Overall "Ok pour la télé pour les autres il y a mieux"

·FreePhoneLine
Il me reste seulement 1 services avec videotron. La télévision. J'ai déménagé mon service internet avec ÉlectronicBox qui offre des meilleurs prix et plus de bande passante. Pour le téléphone, j'ai freephoneline.ca en voip. En tout j'économise plus de 100$ par mois.

member for 8.1 years, 1488 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Darnozz See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jerome,QC
Good "Connection stable et rapide."
Bad "Trop cher comme service. Service à la clientèle dépendant de l'agent."

Ça fait au-dessus de 10 ans que je suis avec Vidéotron et le service a toujours été extrêmement stable. Le nombre de fois que j'ai eu un problème technique peut ce compter sur une seule main. J'ai présentement le service tgv 60 et j'ai eu pendant quelque mois le cellulaire. J'ai du annuler le service mobile parce qu'il y avait un trou au niveau du réseau à ma résidence et le soutien technique ne pouvait rien y faire avant 2014. Donc j'ai seulement l'internet mais ça reste cher donc je suis en train de vérifier avec quel autre fournisseurs je pourrais aller.

Pour le service à la clientèle, ça dépend grandement de qui est à l'autre bout du fil. Si c'est un Québécois, les chances d'avoir un bon service est plus grandes. Si c'est un agent d'un autre pays, le service a de grande chances de diminuer.

Comments:

Review by tristanles See Profile

• Location: canada
Good "Good speed and excellent service"
Bad "Connection stability issues during the week-end, very expensive"
Overall "Expensive"

·ELECTRONICBOX
First I used a 20Mb/s connection with 90GB per month. I needed more data and went for the 30Mb/s with 150GB per month. Still not enough so I called the customer service. They offered me the 60Mb/s with 250GB for the same price as my 30Mb/s. So, good experience with the customer service.
The tech guys who made the installation were very helpful too.

However, I had some problems during the week-end (very slow connection with loss of signal sometimes). And for 75$/month, I expect more than an average connection.
Other ISPs offer more data (with less bandwidth, but do you really need 60Mb/s ?) for much less cost.

Comments:

Review by vitesse See Profile

• Location: Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu,QC
Good "Great speed, stable signal"
Bad "Really really bad billing departement."

I use Videotron Cell Phone since the start of the year.

I had problem with the billing departement. You have to go to the self service web site everytime you make a change just to be sure they get it right.

I had heavy problem with my first phone Nexus One (screen digitizer), after 4 exchange and 1 month of negociation I got a Nexus S free if charge. So far I love the Nexus S.

Internet service is fast and work well for streaming radio station (with my google nexus S) My speed average is 3.5mbps for download and 2.2mbps for upload

I'm pleased with the quality of their signal so far. It work on 95% of place I go Their not better than the Cartel (ROBELUS) for my village covering, but everywhere else is excellent.

Still with them for the cellular. One of the phone hs the new unlimited text/talk with 6gb, I called for the 3gb plan at 49.95, but for an unknow reason it was not possible to give this plan to me (probably because I have no other service with them). But instead he gave me the other plan for the same price. Can't complain the other phone is now only used for talk so we took the basic 25$ plan. The main phone is now a Google Nexus 4 bought in the google play store.

member for 11.7 years, 1999 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by morbidasperg See Profile

• Location: Quebec,QC
Good "Speed is as advertised most of the times, service is better than Bell"
Bad "Overpriced packages (WWW + Cable + phone) when compared to any other country"
Overall "Sadly, the only choice in Quebec City or Montreal if you want to combine many services and get some customer support."

I used to be with Bell (I stopped receiving 0$ bills 3 years after I switched) and, while the DSL speed was acceptable, tv was then too expensive with them and VOIP phone was just plain horrible and customer support was plain dumb at best.

After considering many options (most of which implied dealing with different providers for most if not all services) we decided to combine with Videotron.

So far the CS is not that bad and the Internet is always connected (there were several dropouts on Bell). The cable offering is outrageously expensive though and the phone service is to a bare minimum.

*** Updated connection reliability from 5 to 4 Since a new "unlimited" plan is available the network seems to choke at times. Netflix should never lag on a 20Mbps connection.

Comments:

Review by raphzugen See Profile

• Location: Quebec,QC
Good "Un service à la clientèle hors-pair, des gens courtois bien de chez nous"
Bad "Un des pires rapport Qualité/Prix que j'ai jamais vu de toute ma vie"
Overall "Sortez le chéquier !"

·Bell Sympatico
Vidéotron, c'est selon moi un très bon service. Des gens très courtois d'abord et avant tout. L'installation est très bien effectuée. La télévision fonctionne bien avec les terminaux Samsung mais les Cisco sont remplis de problèmes. La téléphonie est très bonne et l'internet lui aussi, sauf pour les vitesses en Upload et les capacités qui, selon moi, ne respectent pas les réels besoins des Québecois. Les prix sont très très élevés pour les services que nous avons. D'autres options comme la Fibre Optique sont à envisager pour la ville de Québec...

Comments:

Review by mfrimu See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Occasionally Fast"
Bad "Unreliable, Videotron can't service at all"
Overall "Not recomended"

·Callcentric
Hello,

Videotron tried to get my 30Mbit service working, and after 5 visits by tech they gave up and just 'boosted the signal'. This approach is typical of quebec (patch, don't fix).

As there is a bad connection, this works well on dry days and does not work well on rainy days.

But it seems videotron is unable to rectify this issue, any complaint starts an avalanche of 5 service calls that always have an excuse (we forgot the ladder) to leave the problem unfixed.

I find this disturbing and dishonest.

Comments:

Review by artictech See Profile

• Location: Lachine,QC
Good "30MPS"
Bad " ISP will not upgrade their DPC2505 DOCSIS 2.0 cable modem,they will not activate my surfboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 modem"
Overall "unflexiable"

Videotron implemented DOCSIS 3.0 in 2009 this new standard has channel bonding for up to 8 channels supports IPv6,enhanced security support, manage IP multicast.
I am paying for Ultimate Speed Internet 30 (speed test confirms it)but in real life a 14 mb driver file can take up to 4 minutes to download.
They will not activate my DOCSIS 3.0 modem because it's serial number is not in the data base (even if they scan the USP code from their modems) they must able to
manually input my customer serial number and MAC HP address so as old customer
I can't access the new enhanced security support or provisioning IPV6 (dual stack).
They also told me that on file my DPC2505 is a DOSIS 3 at this point I'm battling on.

Comments:

Gabi

@bell.ca

DPC2505

the DPC2505 is Docsis 3.0 compatible

Review by cbvmichel0 See Profile

• Location: Longueuil,QC
Good "Solid Internet connection."
Bad "Cost, Cap, Service ..."
Overall "I am out of there as fast as I can"

·ELECTRONICBOX
For the last four years, I have been with videotron, initially HV and now TGV15, plus cable TV, landline and two cell phones. Internet wise it has been solid as a rock, only problem was when an oversized truck ripped the cable going across the street. I have a few problems though ... the ever present price increase ... the low data cap ... the out of the country call centre ... I do not have a problem with the language but every time I have to explain the technology they are suppose to support and tell them how to do their job. And do not get me started on setting an appointment to get the cable TV guy to fix something ... At well above 200.00 $ a month before taxes, I deserve a better level of service.

Enough ... one cell has moved, Internet is in the process of going to Electronic Box, landline has been replaced by voip.ms, cable TV has been seriously trimmed and replaced other sources ... I'll probably be off Videotron completely by this time next year ... can't wait.

member for 3 years, 330 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
joey45454

join:2007-05-30
Quebec

Agreed - Videotron cable tv tech support outsourcing = BAD

I was recently surprised to hear Videotron using India outsourcing tv cable tech support.
This will cost them bigtime in customer-losses I'm guessing.
Terrible new policy.

Review by pldube See Profile

Good "TRÈS stable !"
Bad "limite de téléchargement ridicule !"

·Bell Fibe
·TekSavvy Cable
Vidéotron on toujours été le plus stable des ISP au Québec, mais avec leurs limite ridicule de téléchargement il faut éviter !