Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by mitchell See Profile

• Location: Darlington,Darlington,SC
Good "Fast! Low Latency, No Drops(so far)"
Bad "No support Locally for setup"
Overall "Ummmm??? Feeling like I'm being played"

I have been on Bellsouth (ATT) DSL for over 12 years. The pushed a upgrade to me from 3.0 to 6.0 and I knew it! The line was not stable and sucked eggs big time. I'm too far for that speed, but the new guy said its within specs. Well I was not happy and they would not take me back to 3.0, so I for the first time in over a decade actually entered a TW office and had Cable installed in my home..They were shocked I didnt have a cable drop from the road on my property!!! But its been soooo nice to have stable IP again and the powerboost is really nice I've seen speeds up to 12MB at times with most average speed at 6-8MB...

I am paying for a bundle (yep I've been bundled) of HDTV.DVR IP and Phone for 89.00/month with no contract!!! That's right no contract...probably because I dropped DirecTV at the same time...I dont know and I still have the direct system on standby just incase...

My modem is a Arris 5204 and I have a Dlink Router after that to provide Wireless and to plug my desktops into for IP access..all have been flawless

UPDATE DEC 31, 2014 ---

I have been feeling like I'm being played for my funds. I don't understand how 3 yrs ago I was paying 108.00 for Phone, DVR Digital tier and standard internet and today 3 yrs later the bill is running near $150.00 a month. AND its going up more Jan 1st !!!! I am about to the end of my string BUT what can a man do? I have two females that HAVE to watch HGTV and FOOD network and I admit I love the Internet. I am going in to try to talk them down some. My ladies may have to take a hit on the TV stuff and stream what they can on the innernets..

member for 12.7 years, 2790 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

anon

@reliablehosting.com

MAC address of router identifies brand/model

they can tell the brand/model of your router by looking up the MAC address of the router plugged into their modem, but they cannot see how many computers are running behind your router, as to the front side (world) of the router it just looks like one single MAC address form the router to the modem.

now if you used a switch (dummy router) and each computer plugged into the switch was getting a different IP address then for sure they would be able to tell how many computers you had plugged into the switch and on.

Review by jgkolt See Profile

• Location: Avon,Lorain,OH
Good "Cheaper than competition"
Bad "Poor processes, poor billing, random connection errors"
Overall "If i didn't need cable for my Tivo's i would switch"

Ordered the extreme internet package which should be 30 down 5 up and it generally beats those speeds. I ordered the internet as part of the cable tv so the pricing got a little meshed together. The order and install process went ok but very few reps new what the upload speed was for any of the plans. I choose the one with the highest upload speed. Originally we used a Motorola sb6141 modem had so many issues. We replaced it multiple times but it seems the time warner service doesn't work well with that modem. I spent 2 weeks of my Christmas break last year trying to troubleshoot it. I would lose connection after a few minutes of streaming content like netflix. 3 modems later we switched to an arris dg860a and exactly a year later we are having connection issues. i don't think it is the modem but we swapped out for a ubee modem/wifi and it is working better. It seems like every year i need to purchase a new modem in order to work with time warner. the techs are nice but commonly have very minimal knowledge of networking and what they are doing. Every time a tech is in the house they ask what is that device (thats a normal switch), which doesn't start establish a trusted relationship. The scheduling process for an onsite tech will cancel at any chance they get. Even though you are scheduled a time they will be there, they will call multiple times in the upcoming days and if you don't answer any time they will cancel it, like they don't want to help. In order to get a senior tech you need 3 house calls without resolution even if you know you need a senior tech to work on it (no other way to elevate, really). I literally spent over 80 hours troubleshooting problems with their network.My billing has been wrong for almost every single month until very recently. At one point billing spent 45 minutes talking to their supervisor and couldn't figure out how the bill got so messed up they just offered a blanket $20 credit. This is an internet review but i have had so many problems on the tv side getting working cable cards, tuning adapters etc. Upfront it looks cheaper to get time warner but with all the time and money i have spent to correct their issues i should have gone with another carrier for a couple ore dollars and spent more time with my family. I am writing this review after having time warner for 3 years (at this current house) and if i didn't need cable for my tivo's i would leave.

member for 11 years, 2268 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by CCat See Profile

• Location: Wonderland
Good "50Mb Down / 5 Mb Up"
Bad "Getting expensive"
Overall "Pretty consistant"

I switched from WOW in March. TWC offered a bundle with cable, internet, and voip.
Aside from a minor install problem (which was corrected the next day) everything went well. The turbo speed (15Mb down) is great. I only have 768K up but I really don't upload much so for me its not an issue. So far, so good.

Jan 2009 ISP has been very consistent with speeds. Aside from the usual slowdowns at peak times, and even these are not really a problem. At this point I am very happy with Roadrunner.

Sep 2009 Nothing has changed since Jan. A couple of outages due to weather but thats about it. The usual slowdown with cable at peak times but acceptable.
Just wish RR would increase the upload speed, 768 Sucks.

Mar 2010 Everything is still the same here. Speeds have been consistent and where they are supposed to be. Upload still sucks though.

Jan 2011 Nothing new to report. A few times the cable went out but was corrected in a reasonable amount of time. Speeds remain consistent with the occasional holiday slowdowns. Still stuck with the 768 upload, hopefully that will be changed sometime soon.

Oct 2012 RR increased their upload speed from 768 to 1000 a few months back. Better but still slow. In Dec I am getting the 50/5 package...looking forward to that.

Mar 2013 Finally got the 50/5 package. Only had it for a couple of days, but so far it is solid.
What a difference from the 15/1 package. It costs $30 more per month than the standard 15/1 package which brings it up to $59 per month with the TV and Phone bundle.

Oct 2013 Still running well. No outages or problems since March. Speeds remain consistent.
Would like to see a boost in the upload speed, especially for a 50 package.

June 2014 Have the 50/5 package now. Last month they had an upgrade. This upgrade totally screwed up everything. Problems with email and tremendous slowdowns with internet speeds. If this keeps up much longer I will be changing providers.
All they say is that they are aware of the problem and are working on it...Yeah right.

July 2014 Things are pretty much back to normal. Took a long time to correct IMO.

Dec 2014 I see its that time again for the below the line fee increases. For me TWC is just about at the breaking point. Just waiting to see what happens on this BS merger.

member for 9.2 years, 5544 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
ITGeeks

join:2014-04-20
Cleveland, OH

Email.

This is why you do NOT use your ISP's email addresses. Why do users still insist on using their ISP email? So when you change ISPs again you can change that addy? get a domain or a domain. $9.25 on name.com with a coupon code.

Review by .

• Location: Moreno Valley,Riverside,CA
Good "excellent speed"
Bad "the hook up process and having to change my adapter for ultimate speed"
Overall "TWC switch over was well worth it"

Initially I had problems with getting to the 300mbps speed (wired/wireless) until I did a little research on various sites. TWC was useless in the troubleshooting area. What helped the most was updating my adapter card in my laptop to Intel Wireless-AC 7260 Dual Band, updating my cat5 to cat7, upgrading my modem to SB 6183, and upgrading my router to a RT-AC87R/U. Once everything was in place, my speeds increased to the 300's and pings ranging from 1 to 19 depending on the what's going on in my household.

(review was emailed in)

Comments:

Review by Splendence See Profile

• Location: Moreno Valley,Riverside,CA
Good "excellent speed"
Bad "the hook up process and having to change my adapter for ultimate speed"
Overall "TWC switch over was well worth it"

Comments:

Review by korgman See Profile

• Location: Austin,Travis,TX
Good "Works as advertised"
Bad "Having to call to repackage every year"
Overall "Overall, I'm satisfied with the service"

I've been with TWC for many years and for the most part the experience has been positive. Very few interruptions and pretty much get the speeds that are advertised. I currently have Preferred TV, Variety passes, and Turbo 100/10 internet. No complaints there.

My gripes are pretty much standard, yearly repackaging and price. This last time the person quoted me a price minus equipment fees which cheesed me off. I do have other options in my area but I hesitate to switch from a service that has proven solid for me. Listed price is with taxes, fees, and STB.

Comments:

Review by rlj4214 See Profile

• Location: Austin,Hays,TX
Good "Speed"
Bad "Tech, Intrusive "
Overall "Strangulation would be a good choice for the NOC people. Looking for another ISP."

Price is "surf and view" with turbo speed.

There are no other ISP's that work here. It is a monopoly.

They talked me into "upgrading" to their new Arris router.
Since then, my internal network has been totalled.
Had most of it working with the exception of internal name resolution for my whopping 6 user network and they pushed something down that completely hosed the internal network. How dare me run a 2 user mail server. Don't even think about anything that resembles a web server or file sharing that can't be done via their email.
All of a sudden bizarre ip addresses and NO connectivity. Lost phones internal net everything. Every ping to a local hostname was sent to 198.105.244.228 a KNOWN MALWARE SITE or at least a PUP if you prefer to look at it that way.
If I could get my hands on the NOC manager, who apparently is in the Philippines, at least that is where the "tech" support dip is, it could be ugly.

I called tech, got this guy in the Philippines who knows NOTHING about Linux and his only answer for ANYTHING is to reboot the router. Pushed down another "update" in the process. Asked to talk to someone that could find their butt with both hands and a roadmap and got put on hold. 20 minutes later I hung up.
The ONLY thing that was decent about tech support is that the guy actually spoke English.

I am LIVID with these jerks.

Their pre sales hype sounds good and is almost like being ignorant enough to believe Obammy Bin Lyin'.
Their Install Co-ordination is they short of show up unannounced whenever they want and expect you to accommodate them, even if you are in the shower.
Connection reliability has to be rated very poorly because they destroy the network every 5 minutes with an "update".
Tech support is beyond the worst. I've met grade school kids that were smarter than the people I spoke with.
Services, well, in order to have service you have to have consistency. Not Happening. Unless you include the pre-meditated chaos and stupidity.
Value. Once again you have to have consistency, OOPS, not happening.

With this new router they have managed to become the most intrusive, manipulating ISP I have ever dealt with.

BTW I had run my extremely abusive 2 user email server for years, probably 10+ and nobody cared. New router, BAM nope you can't do that.

I have no earthly idea who to try at this point. There has to be somebody that will give me reasonable speed and an IP address and leave me the hell alone.

Unbelievably intrusive.

It states below that I can't have a profanity laces post. Too bad, since that is the only way I could possibly express my displeasure with Time Warner.

There is no other ISP is there?

Comments:

DrDrew

...answers.

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.dnsrsearch.com.west.twcable.com
Addresses: 198.105.244.228
198.105.254.228

That IP you're getting is TWC NXDOMAIN redirection to a Yahoo sponsored search site, same as many other ISPs have been doing. It's not malware and doesn't host malware. You can opt out of the redirection using the preferences on the webpage you're redirected to: »www.dnsrsearch.com/prefs.php or you could also use other DNS servers, not TWCs, to correct the problem. You'll have to change them in the gateway or every client on your network.

The gateway modem you've been given can be put in bridge mode, so you can use what ever router you want. You can also buy your own modem...

Gosh that's interesting DrDrew

I get the following

Trying to ping a host by name results in being sent to 198.105.244.228.
In the event that you are not familiar with that IP it is:

OrgName: Search Guide Inc
PostalCode: 80302
Country: US
RegDate: 2012-06-26
Updated: 2012-06-26

It is a known browser redirect malware operation.
That IP is no where that I can find in my configuration.

And that is from searching about the IP on the internet

When I do nslookup I get

Server: 192.168.0.1
Address: 192.168.0.1#53

** server can't find 228.244.105.198.in-addr.arpa.: NXDOMAIN

So tell me DrDrew
EXACTLY what does Time Warner do when they "provision" a cable modem / router that is brought to them.
Apparently they have to do something. At least that is what I was told, in order for it wot work AT ALL on their network.

3 edits

So tell me DrDrew

Cable ops enter the MAC address of the modem in their billing system so it is authorized when connected. When the modem is authorized and then connected to an active cable line for that provider, it goes through a signal sync process, it is sent a DHCP lease (which includes IP, DNS, etc.) and a configuration file (based on the services you're paying for) which specifies speed tier, number of public IPs allowed, basic port filters (for netBIOS and a few other security risks), router config (if it's a gateway model), phone config (if it's a eMTA model), and some other parameters.

Here's an old, basic, DOCSIS config file generator on Cisco's website, to give you an idea of what goes into the config files:
»www.cisco.com/support/toolkit/Ca ··· eate.htm

Austin, TX
Oh, and I did opt out and changed the name servers. Result was the same.

2 edits

said by rlj4214:

Oh, and I did opt out and changed the name servers. Result was the same.

After the change did you reboot the modem and clear your DNS/browser caches? If for some reason the opt out doesn't work TWC Tier 3 support has been able to force an opt out in the past. You'll have to wade through phone support for a bit to get to them.

When I do nslookup I get

Server: 192.168.0.1
Address: 192.168.0.1#53

Did you change the DNS servers in the gateway because that NSLOOKUP still shows you as using the gateway as a DNS forwarder, so what ever DNS servers the gateway is picking up through the DHCP lease are being used unless specifically changed.

Really if you want to know what »198.105.244.228 is, type it in a web browser. It'll take you to the TWC DNS redirect search page @ »www.dnsrsearch.com and you'll see the Yahoo logos on it as well.

The redirect IP won't show in your config. It's a reply from TWCs DNS servers in place of a NXDOMAIN reply.

3 edits

PostalCode: 80302
Country: US
RegDate: 2012-06-26
Updated: 2012-06-26

Search Guide Inc is a product of the Xerocole compay. They are a 3rd party DNS search service provider. You can find their description of it here: »www.xerocole.com/searchguide/ It originally came from a company called Simplicita which was bought up by a company called Sandvine and later spun off.

If you do a scan of their subnet 198.105.254.xxx, you'll find some of their customer's DNS redirect search pages:
»198.105.254.11 Level3
»198.105.254.228 Time Warner Cable
jarred125

join:2014-02-27

Re: ...answers.

Hats off to you DrDrew for keeping your cool.
Austin, TX
And one other question. What do you recommend for a wireless cable modem router?

4 edits

said by rlj4214:

I wouldn't recommend any combo devices. I recommend a stand alone modem like the Arris/Motorola SB6183. As far as the router the Asus RT-68U is a good choice unless you want to roll your own or have something better.

The combo gateway devices with included router and wireless receive a basic router/wireless config from the cable company and they control ALL firmware versions for them. They also control what features are available (Comcast has been turning on extra WiFi SSIDs) and can lock end users out at any time (Mediacom has been pushing "cloud" configuration utilities). It also creates problems when troubleshooting any problems since the two functions (modem and router) can't be separated. I recommend against them for any knowledgeable users.

Re: ...answers.

Thank you very much for your replies.

Confz

@75.80.242.x

You're Kidding right?

I'm sure you're post isn't over dramatic at all huh?
Being in a Maxx upgraded area, and having soooooo bad.
You have a choice to buy your own modem, as well as your own router. I'll give it to you about the tech support, that can be frustrating. Maybe they need to train them more in all operating systems, but their job is just to make sure you're online.
Austin, TX

Re: You're Kidding right?

No I'm not kidding and I really don't care if you think it's over dramatic
It's irritating as hell.

tyrone 2

@50.88.178.x

pc problems.

so many people try to get faster speeds with older p/c's or old g routers, which will not go over 25 mbs, or some customers put in there own outlets, causing ingress, or signal loss. there are many factors that cause problems, may be a bad drop, or self installed cables. etc, but most subscribers get 20 more mbs than what they pay for, if all is good on the cable, and customers equipment.

Re: pc problems.

Equipment is current. Speed is good. Tampering by TWC is not good.
Imasumak

join:2014-12-30
USA

Time Warner Has Scrambled All of My TV Channels!

I only have internet service with Time Warner. Up until last month, I was able to perform the automatic channel set up on my TV and it would find all available "Free over the airwaves" channels which tv owners have always had access to using a simple antenna.
Last month I suddenly could not get "Any" channels on my two tv's. They all showed "This channel is scrambled." When I called Time Warner which has cable lines running into the building I live in, I was told that I "Must" have their TV cable service to have tv access. Now unless I am mistaken, digital, HD or whatever, I am supposed to be able to access the above mentioned Free antenna airwaves without interruption as we all have always been able to do without cable service. This situation is affecting thousands of Los Angeles residents also. As areas of Los Angeles were divided up among Cable Companies some time ago, one has no options or freedom of choice and can only subscribe to the cable service available in your area. I think that's called a "MONOPOLY".
So now my TVs are "BRICKS" and I am enraged that TW has been allowed to do this. Can anyone advise me as to what possible recourse there may be?
There are thousands of Disabled, Seniors and low income families living on fixed incomes who cannot afford to pay for cable service as well as a multitude of TW customers who are disgusted with TW's bad service, constant price hikes and apparent ruthlessness. I don't understand how the Federal Communications Commission has allowed this situation.
I refuse to be held hostage by Time Warner! I am searching for any class action lawsuit related to this situation. If there isn't one , there certainly needs to be one in order to protect consumers. Please share your thoughts and any information that might be helpful. Many Thanks.

4 edits

Re: Time Warner Has Scrambled All of My TV Channels!

said by Imasumak:

You are mistaken. To get cable TV you have to pay for it. A big reason for the encryption was to stop the leechers just plugging into the system, getting service, and introducing problems doing it. Traditional cable was the last paid service where that was really possible; satellite, FIOS, UVerse, etc. all made their customers pay for all services years ago. There is nothing "free" on Cable and many of those free OTA (over the air) channels started charging cable companies a few years ago. If you want free TV, you have to use an antenna.

FCC page on the topic: »www.fcc.gov/guides/cable-system- ··· cryption

Review by n2ubp See Profile

• Location: Middletown,Orange,NY
Good "Faster than ADSL from Frontier"
Bad "online ordering was useless, multiple hand offs when calling help desk"
Overall "The fastest monoploy in my area"

·Frontier Communi..
Ordered the 15mb standard package online with free install. They lost my order record and I had to call them 4 or more times to get things straightened out. Got passed around to multiple departments until we found some intelligent life that knew how to handle the situation. Voice phone line quality for help desk extremely poor, full of noise, static, like you were in the middle of a lightning storm. More time on hold than talking to people. Speedtest shows 16mb download speeds during the day but it goes down to 5mb during the evening when everyone is home and overloading the local circuit, meaning they have over subscribed the area. Still way better speed than Frontier ADSL. I will revisit DSL when and if they upgrade the local plant for faster speeds. Not sure if the TW 15mb package is worthwhile once the promo price expires.

Update Nov 11 2014: TWC is definitely oversubscribed in my area. Speed during daytime hours is a solid 15/1, but once 7PM rolls around download speed can drop as low as 3 mbps until 11pm. Feb 2015 is renewal time. DSL has upped their game with 25mb/2mb service in my area for the same price as the discounted 15/1 Time Warner service. I just may switch if TWC plays hardball with pricing come the renewal date. Power went off down the block and internet was offline for two hours. Guess TWC has no battery backup for the gray boxes hanging on the phone poles. IPV6 seems to work okay.

Update Dec 12 2014: Chatting with TWC today about cost of 15/1 service after one year promo is over. Yes, it will go up. Then told them I could do better elsewhere and they ignored the comment. I guess it is time to move on.

member for 7.6 years, 663 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

frontierwins

@spcsdns.net

frontier is better

frontier has adsl and vdsl. their bottom dollar package blows TW out of the water!
brad152

join:2006-07-27
Phoenix, AZ

Re: frontier is better

If you happen to live somewhere Frontier has deemed profitable enough to upgrade, and being in NY it's most likely an ex-Verizon area.. aka good luck getting any upgrades there.
n2ubp

join:2007-07-13
Middletown, NY

Re: frontier is better

no, actually it went something like this: Frontier _> Citizens -> CONTEL -> Continental Telephone Company of Upstate NY -> GTE (pre 1980's). Middletown, NY was never Verizon.
bn1221

join:2007-07-13
Middletown, NY
·Frontier Communi..

Re: frontier is better

In my area Frontier offers 3.7mbps/.5 ADSL service only, as max from fridge size box on the street corner. The best it can chug out is 2.7/.4 mbps. Frontier help desk says no plans to update ten year + old technology. Maybe when they fix all the problems in West Virginia they will come back north.

Review by Ray422 See Profile

• Location: Adger,Jefferson,AL
Good "Speed is only fair for cable"
Bad "Tech support is terrible"
Overall "Growing more difficult to continue their service"

-TW/RR installed 1/24/02. This service started out as excellent, but as they add subscribers, the service and customer support continually gets worse. Every outage in the past 9 years has been blamed on my end. Only once was it ever really on my end, when the county tree-trimmer cut the cable line.

-Note: Be warned and advised that this is a Brighthouse networks area; pretty much a monopoly with a monopolistic attitude. In the beginning customer service was great, but has continually deteriorated.

-First level techs are not knowledgeable and will never, ever admit to an outage problem. I suppose this is their way of trying to avoid issuing a credit. Often times they are borderline rude. They always blame your computer, so I say: reckon why all 5 of my computers went bad at the same time? Duh...then they hunt something else to blame on the customer.

Brighthouse has typical standard responses and if you use a router, they will always blame it for any and every problem, count on having to disconnect it and prove it's not the router. Then if you beg an escalation to level 2, count on long hold times and disconnects, phony sympathy and possibly repeating the entire process.

If the line is down, in-house service will never admit that. They merely schedule a 3-5 day later service call. When the tech finally shows up and you tell them that their problem line came back on after a few hours or days last week, you get to sign their service-call ticket anyway. Me thinks they do this to avoid issuing a credit. What a waste of time and money.

My latency has always been high for 9 years now. It used to run around 80-110 average (monitored). But for the past year the latency has been a steady ( 95 ) with frequent connection losses, but of course they say nothing is wrong...grrrrrr.

-Brighthouse "here" always lags the country in speed updates. The national Tlme Warner cap was published at 8000/512 in 2007. In 2012, I still get more like 6,000/384. My Tcp/ip stack receive window is tweaked at 75,920. Now there advertising 21mb for DL speeds, yeah right !! I'm still getting the same old 5 or 6.

- A free month for customer referral is BS, don't fall for it. Played that game twice and they developed amnesia, even after the installer recorded the referee's (my) name and address on the new subscribers signed ticket.

-IP is dynamic, but seems to re-license the same IP for about 3 month periods.

-These people can't even keep their billing straight. How could anyone suddenly screw-up "direct bill pay through the bank" that has existed for several months?? Only Brighthouse could manage that.

-This customer support service compares to the arrogance of AOL during it's glory days of dial-up.

-My only other choice here was satellite, but I understand that AT&T-DSL is available this year. Now that I possibly have an option, that arrogant customer service may push me into switching carriers.

-Update 2-6-13. Well, they finally increased the speed slightly to 8,000/1,000, but I understand they're increasing the price by 5%. Whoopy, diddle. Update 12-9-14, at least my monitored latency has improved from 95 to 65, if it stays that way.

member for 13 years, 5693 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

N9ZN
Security Is A Community Effort

join:2001-03-29
Tampa, FL

1 recommendation

BrightHouse, A winner at what?

Constant issues with service delivery including TV, phone, and internet. Their ISP RoadRunner is severely lacking in area of customer respect, and knowledge. Service calls, too often used as a means of avoiding assisting customers, have excessive scheduling delays and most times result in nothing worthwhile until you get a service manager, and lead technician involved.

A few years back we were constantly being disconnected from service by Bright House. This occurred after our county 911 service reassigned street addresses in our neighborhood. 911 made a mistake and issued the same address to several different physical locations. We had 911 contact Bright House to explain the problem, via official E-Mail, and Bright House insisted that they would need their people to verify this information but made no valid attempt to get things moving. After contacting county commissioners, and local media, they changed their tune but continued to insisted on sending people out to verify what government had already told them -> "Addresses were initially assigned incorrectly". This took over 6 months, county commissioners, media involvement, and escalation to the V.P. of field service, to receive resolution. Not a single we are sorry for the interruptions was offered by Bright House.

As time marches on technology will catch up with this bunch and consumers will see more choices available. Choices which are as good and better than what Bright House and Road Runner offers. Many of Bright House services are currently outdated by competition and governments are beginning to re-visit the sole source agreements they have with this company that relies on its monopolistic existance to survive.

Bright House falls into the same classification as Bank of America in our household. A severely greed based company lacking in ethics. Like BOA, Bright House will also pay the piper, in one form or another!
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Review by scififan68 See Profile

• Location: Fremont,Dodge,NE
Good "Internet speeds are at or above what they should be. No bandwidth caps yet."
Bad "Its expensive, especially if you don't bundle. TV service leaves room to be desired."
Overall "It costed us less to upgrade to Ultimate 50Mbps internet, so we did."

I noticed that my old review was under old twc so I decided to add a review to the new page. Anyways, It costed less to upgrade from 30/5 Extreme to 50/5 Ultimate and we only lost Cinemax so we upgraded. We have Preferred TV with Variety Pass, HBO, Showtime, HD DVR service, and 50Mbps Ultimate Internet. I am still rocking the same customer owned SB6141 from two years ago and now I have a Netgear R7000 Nightawk Wireless AC1900 router. Initially when we got the 50Mbps plan we only had 4 bonded downstream channels which caused serious speed dips during peak times, I called and complained and less than two weeks later they upgraded us to 7 Bonded downstream channels which has helped keep the speeds at 50Mbps and above. It would be nice to get that 8th channel, although there is no exact date when that will happen. The TV service kind of sucks as we keep having to replace the box every 6 months to a year as it keeps bugging out and still some TV channels look fine while others look over-compressed and crappy. We also seem to get xx-HD channel is not available sometimes. Here is a speedtest: »www.speedtest.net/result/3963596 ··· 6060.png

member for 4.4 years, 2037 visits, last login: a few hours ago