Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by silverforte See Profile

• Location: Kannapolis,Cabarrus,NC
Good "When it works, it works okay."
Bad "It doesn't work often"
Overall "US will never have functional internet"

The US has never had decent internet services compared to the rest of the world. Places like Korea or Japan where decent internet is offered at REASONABLE prices, and it actually WORKS. I had to deal with Windstream's bullshit for years. Dozens of phone calls, usually lasting an hour or more at a time, techs with attitudes coming over and telling me there was nothing wrong with the line despite actual proof I had that there was packet loss and dealing with people on this website who refused to believe there was any packet loss in my network despite hours upon hours I spent producing results in the form of smokepings, tracerts, pathpings, screenshots of game latency meters and more. Eventually, they took remote control of a neighbor to fix a problem they had and noticed the packet loss for themselves, then admitted to me that it was an issue and still did not fix it. Now, I switch to Time Warner internet. 12 down, 1 up. Does it work?

No. I can just barely buffer the first 60 seconds of a youtube video and, sometimes, nothing at all. Not even Google. It spikes, it goes out just enough that it seems like I'm getting a trickle of bandwidth but it isn't 100% off. So, I go from this nightmare with Windstream to the same thing with Time Warner. I even bought a router recently so I could better monitor the traffic in the line and put better security on it as I try my best to track the issue down since the fucking companies can't do it. And then what happens? I get told by people on this website that I will be receiving a call from a tech at TW who would relay information about the checks they supposedly did on my line. The guy calls, BARELY speaks English and tells me there is nothing wrong with my line about 15 times as if he was reading a script.

I have proof in front of me from multiple sources that there are nodes on my network that have latency issues and dropped packets repeatedly, not just once or twice. Almost every time I ping a network, packets are dropped. I'm getting NOWHERE with this company! It seems like no matter what you get, in the US, you're going to have problems! The issues are across the board with these ISPs. People who say they don't have problems are just not aware of them. Perhaps they don't know enough about the systems to realize there is an issue, perhaps they don't use the internet hard enough or often enough to really test the system and bring the issues out to the surface, but they are there. This merger just makes this situation worse. This country needs to get its act together! You ISPs can only milk people for so long! When the tides turn, you'll be left high and dry if you don't get in shape!

Comments:
silverforte

Techs

I forgot to mention that the techs were extraordinarily rude and did not want to rip up the old lines from 5+ years ago and install new ones until we insisted. Then, the line is basically just sticking out of a hole in the wall about 2 ft off the ground, the disc that prevents air from getting through the hole around the wire is falling off and both the boxes outside the house were left wide open.

I was on the microphone over Xbox live with a friend in the same state as me about an hour away who also has TWC. He has packet loss as well. Both of us lost connection to the internet the other day at the same time and it came back. It has been happening repeatedly. It's not just me!

Re: Techs

Not all the US has total crap for internet. When I was on Time warner cable I thought that the internet must still be a beta product it was so bad. Century link also was total crap.

Comcast how ever does work and gives speeds at lest some what fitting for 2014. You can read my own reviews if you want.

Re: Techs

US is 10th in world ranking for internet reliability. Your one experience doesn't change the facts. Every single person I know has terrible internet problems. People I know in different states, people on different coasts. It doesn't matter if 'not all' of the US has bad internet. Enough of it does that it's a problem.

said by silverforte:

I never disagreed that the US has an internet problem. In fact I was trying to agree that the USA needs to get it's crap together.

Time warner cable doesn't care how high your packet loss is they won't fix it and century link well if it works at all then you hit the jack pot. Or if your only getting 1/10 of the upto speed, but hey you can "upgrade" to the next highest tier for $5 less for your "trouble".

Comcast is guilty of overselling there network to the point I only get 1/3 of the upto speed at any given time day or night.

I had a tech from TWC who didn't want to replace the cable out side the home that had split in half.

Trust me when I say I know the US has a real internet issue that needs to be fixed. Most of the US feels like they are still beta testing the internet in 2014 and that is just beyond reason at this point in the modern world.

Re: Techs

I'm actually barely able to get online at this point. I think the packet loss has subsided but now my modem resets itself randomly about 10 times a day, my phone doesn't work randomly and our TV channels sometimes don't come in or are distorted. A field tech replaced my modem, took the battery out of the new one and left without checking the box across the road. Nothing was fixed.

said by silverforte:

That sounds likely due to packet loss, good luck getting the time warner cable mob of NC to fix it. I know how much they suck due to living with TWC's crap for over 10 years.

I would get 404 more than %50 of the time even when TWC said "its working fine". Some web pages after trying to stay on to long like google thought I was DOS attacking them and lock me out for a few hours by IP address.

The issue is even worse here in NC than in other places like NYC or LA. They treat towns with no choice like dirt and the techs for the most part simply just do not give a dump. One tech even told me "It's not like you have a choice, be glad you get internet at all".
For those who chose there own fears over liberty will only dig them self's deeper into the pit of darkness. For those who chose to blame tools over each other for wrong doing, it will only lead to madness. -Unknown

Re: Techs

Dead on. NC is a terrible state for internet. I've moved 3 times since I got back in NC in 2008. All three residents, I went between Windstream and timewarner trying to get functional internet. Not one fucking time in my life since 2008 have I been able to accomplish that. The techs never know what to do, they get rude if you present them with a situation that they are not capable of dealing with and nothing ever gets done. Can you imagine how much time and money they could save themselves if they just fixed the issues the first time? If they actually put more effort into checking the lines and diagnosing problems?

Review by Snowy See Profile

• Location: Kailua,Honolulu,HI
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (month by month)
Good "Oceanic Cable Vision is the local provider for TimeWarner, this provides a more local avenue for problem resolution"
Bad "Customer perks are available, but not apparent to most customers"
Overall "Hawaii Telcom has become the new DSL provider in my area & I assume they'll give RR a run for the money."

·Clearwire Wireless
There's no question that in The State of Hawaii TWC (Oceanic Cable) is the go to ISP.
Their competitor's best speed is slower than TWC basic.
If you're not fast you're last.

Oceanic (TWC) finally has some competition in the Speed Dept.
hawaiiantel.com is offering:
Fiber 500
High-Speed Internet
Up to 500 Mbps download
Up to 50 Mbps upload
While TWC's fastest plan offers 100 Mbps/5 Mbps
Too bad the now faster speed is offered by hawaiiantel.com which IMO is plagued by incompetent service issues due to the unmotivated, under trained CSR's that don't give a shit about hawaiiantel.com & even less for it's customers.
If you enjoy over billing, extended outages, extremely long telephone hold times, missed service appointments then hawaiintel.com may be a good option to Oceanic.
hawaiiantel.com's 500Mbps/50Mbps is priced @ $345/month with the added value being the McAfee Internet Security Software it comes with

member for 11.4 years, 6474 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

ranchocal

@verizon.net

I dunno

Looks like Hawaiian Tel is turning their service around while TWC is letting the trainwreck that is Comcast absorb it. I sense a slight bias in this review.

Snowy
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
·Clearwire Wireless

Re: I dunno

said by ranchocal :

I sense a slight bias in this review.

I must have understated my total contempt for hawaiiantel.com.
An office move a few years back was planned to most miniscule detail for a seamless transition.
hawaiiantel.com took 2 weeks to move the phone lines which almost bankrupted me.
Considering the wiring was supposed to be completed a week prior to move in, not 2 weeks after the move, I am an acknowledged vocal opponent of hawaiiantel.com.

The CS support is humorous in retrospect.
Me: "You're 3 days late getting my phone service up & running - it's killing me - when will the service get installed?
Them: "You're service was installed last week - it must be the wiring within your office - we are not responsible for them once installed
Me: "That's the problem - no one has been here to install anything
Them: "Our records indicate otherwise..."
2 frigging weeks to convince them that their records were incorrect.

Review by DinnerOut See Profile

• Location: Columbus,Franklin,OH
Good "The price at 34.99 is OK"
Bad "Their customer service is awful"
Overall "I'm scared when and if it tuns into Comcast"

In a new place, own my own modem. The service has been alright.

Their billing and customer service is awful. Updated an auto pay credit card and they still billed my old card, took an act of Congress to get it refunded, and they refund the wrong card.

I am very close to calling WOW.

Comments:

Review by stopka See Profile

• Location: Charlotte,Mecklenburg,NC
Good "Very pleased with the service."
Bad "Can I get faster speed for the same price ? :)"
Overall "Performed very well and hope to see it maintain as such."

I moved into my apartment about 3 months ago and set up my Time Warner internet service over the phone. They came in about 2 days. I had purchased a cable modem at Best Buy and thus did not have to pay the extra charge to *rent* Time Warner's modem. I only had them install the internet service and the tech did it very well and I have been pleased for 3 months now. I usually run speed tests and am always pleased to see I get constant speeds of what they are advertising to me. No outages as of yet. We are heavy Netflix users on 2 separate televisions so we usually download about 300 GIG a month. (I hope there isn't a monthly cap because they haven't hit me up with one yet..)

Comments:
ernliz

join:2001-11-25
Albemarle, NC

TWC's service, for now...

Same here in Albemarle.....good, consistent service. But Comcast is on the horizon and perhaps we should worry about their soon-to-be monopoly in this area.

Review by Pacrat See Profile

• Location: Cortland,Trumbull,OH
Good "Seems to be very reasonable rates for performance realized"
Bad "RR rate tied in with SmartHouse digital cable TV pkg"
Overall "Very pleased with ease of use and pain-free installation! I recommend!"

We've waited for quite some time for RR to be made available and now that it's here, we're very pleased with the performance. Of course, nearly anything would beat the 56K dial up connection we had. I just figured my averages and the Speed Test Tool has revealed what seems to be a pretty consistent Up of 350-370. Downloads seems to vary quite a bit but still average 1682 (counting the day there was a general cable problem in our neighborhood. If I discount the readings on that day, I get an average Download reading of 1912 (1413-2689). Don't know if there is a cap on anything but it seems there might be on the upload side, at least. West Coast speed readings seem to be consistently higher, generally well over 2Mbps. It's still very early in the game.

.Installer took great pains to route the cable in the most inobtrusive manner, and made the modem split before any of the TV feed splits. Don't know if that makes any difference or not. I definitely recommend the service, even without the "all the bells and whistles" TV pkg.

I am using a Toshiba PCX1100U modem (USB), to a Dell Dimension 8100 (1.3Gb, P-4). I have heard that the USB slows things down, but I sure haven't seen it. I wasn't quoted a specific speed, but was promised performance at least 10X over my modem, and I'm certainly getting that. I did apply some "tweaks" and noticed something 200-400kbps improvement in the download. Kept tweaking 'til the program said to leave it alone! No problems yet, but I'll keep everyone posted!

Special intro rate for 1st 3 mos. (SmartHouse Pkg = $89.99) Forgot to mention before that because RR was just now made available... install was FREE!

Struck by my 1st outage!!!! EGAD!!! Thought I was suffering from withdrawal. RR Techie showed up right when they said he would and within 15mins I was up and running again... as good as ever! Only rap was that it took 24 hrs to get someone here. Tested the signal and went to the splitter to reverse the TV and Modem taps. He said something about one tap being 1db down while the other was 9db down. So he reversed the taps so that the modem would have the least signal drop out of the splitter. Seemed pretty knowledgeable and he gave me some other(local) test sites to check speeds. Could only test downloads but could break it up into text, graphics and multimedia. Three different tests! I told him about DSLReports and he wrote it down in his "little black book" for future reference. Overall... I'm still sold on NEO.RR and sure would try to talk anyone else around here into spending the few bucks extra to get it. Now if I could only talk my wife into bagging AOL....!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd Outage!!!!! All of our utilities are underground. That said, we've experienced our 2nd outage... my wife cut our cable while she was edging her flower bed. They don't put it very deep (the cable lies just under the sod layer) and when my wife was edging the flower bed around the side of the house, near the cable junction box, she very neatly cut the cable in two with her shovel. I sure can't blame the outage on TWC, but in the spirit of truth and complete reporting, I offer it for your amusement. TWC is coming next week to replace the whole line... operating with a temporary splice job 'til then.

3rd outage! This one definitely wasn't the fault of RR or TWC. Seems they're(city employees) digging up the existing curbing in our neighborhood in preparation for casting new curbing and repaving the streets. About 2:10pm. today, 7/11/01, everything went out... no TV no RR, no nuthin'! I called service and they said they'd send someone out to check on the situation ASAP. In the meantime, I had to leave the house for awhile and I took an alternate path leaving the house. This took me over one block and lo and behold... there was our cable trunk line sticking out of the ground about 5 feet. Or, rather, one end of the line was sticking out... the other end was still buried in the ditch. Our city employees had hooked the cable line with the back-hoe and completely severed it. I called TWC-RR back again and told them that I thought I'd found their problem, and it was going to take more than just one "techie" to fix it. I gave them the exact location of the break and they were very appreciative. At approximately 6:00pm my service(TV and RR) had been restored. And get this... the repairman stopped at the house to thank me and checked to make sure my service was up and running again, before he left the job.

So, in the past 3 mos. I've had 3 outages... only one of which could I blame on TWC-RR. I'm still happy with the service and the performance I'm getting.

[Update 1-26-03]

Still sailing along quite smoothly... construction has ceased, at least temporarily, and the lines have remained intact. One minor glitch that I should mention, though. Every week there seems to be a mandatory "test" of the emergency "broadcast" system for about 15 seconds or so... designed for the cable network. I have noticed and reported that during the "test" RoadRunner has a tendency to hang for those few seconds. When I called to report it, I was told they are aware of it and are trying to correct the situation. It seems that the test signal occupies all the available broadcast bandwidth and it's spilling over onto the bandwidth used for RoadRunner. It's really no big deal... lasts for only a few seconds, but it is noticeable when the cable status light on the modem starts blinking.

[Update 12-5-03]

Overall performance is still great... and per their ads, download speeds have increased.. but certainly not 50%. The only gripe I have is that they seems to be having some intermittent problems with their e-mail server. it seems to crap out every few weeks for several hours. Supposedly for "scheduled maintenance"...

[Update 3-13-05]

About two weeks ago, my connection speeds dropped off the table... right into the dumper. And then I lost all ability to connect to any site on the web, including RoadRunner's home page. Made a call to customer service on a Tuesday afternoon and got a service call appointment on Thurday at noon. It was a long two days! Techie showed up right on time, power-cycled the Toshiba PCX1100U modem and determined it was DOA. Went out to the truck, brought in a brand spanking new Motorola SURFboard (SB5100), and hooked it up via the NIC and all was well. I mean really well as it immediately improved my connection speeds from less than 2000/330 to 4754/375. I'm happy... The only gripe I had was that it took two days to get it fixed. But I guess I can live with that, considering it's only about the second time in better than 4 years that I've been unable to connect and it was their fault. The other couple of times it was construction crews digging up the cables all over the neighborhood.

[Update:4-6-05]

Experienced about a 3-hour system shutdown this moring. At first I thought it was just me, but a call to TWC confirmed that they were having a system problem(area-wide) and that it shold be up and running soon. Well, obviously it's been fixed or I wouldn't be here now. Not a huge problem, but it''s a little disconcerting to not be able to get online immediately. Still, overall, I think it's a good buy.

[Update:10-18-05]

Experienced a few very minor outages, but they were enough to convince me not to add their internet phone service. The whole area was out (both cable tv and broadband) on two seperate occasions, but each lasted less than an hour. I still think, even with the minor inconveniences that it's still the best available in this area. I can see how people get so upset when their service hiccups, though. We've become so accustomed to instant access that when it doesn't happen we go directly into "withdrawal".

[9-24-07]Added VoIP phone service a couple of months ago. Install went pretty-much without a hitch and TWC has made available Caller ID on the tv screen. So now we have the whole bundle...tv, high-speed internet & phone. I was reluctant to put all my eggs in one basket, for a variety of reasons, but everything has been working very well and we've got no complaints. Well, none except I'd consider that the package is a little on the pricey side. But it's still cheaper than than what we had before... unlimited long distance with our telco, with all the calling features we never used, plus Road Runner, plus way too many premium channels available on the tv. But Momma's happy... and you all know the story... when Momma's not happy, no one is happy. And Momma can talk to her heart's content to the relates across the country, so she's very happy. No significant outages, although it has "hic-cupped" a couple of times for just a few seconds. Overall, we're pretty happy with the whole setup. But I'm sure there are cheaper ways to go about it available somewhere. This may not be eveyone's "cup of tea", but it's working for us.

[04-24-08] Have noticed marked increase in my download and upload speeds over a year ago. Some general improvements must have been made. No significant problems... just a couple of minor hiccups due to power outages on their end due to severe weather. I'm still very-well pleased with the service we've been experiencing. As far as saying much more, I guess no news is good news!

[10-3-08] System has been rock solid for months. Awaken the computer and the net is right there. Downloads are very acceptable. Don't upload that much so it's pretty adequate for my needs. Besides... my wife is happy, so I must be happy, too!

[11-18-10] I don't monitor my speeds regularly, but it seems that in the last several months, my connections have been noticeably quicker. I'm of the opinion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and so far, it's worked quite flawlessly. There haven't been any appreciable outages, so I cannot complain about that. My wife loves it. She's big into Facebook games and has no patience, waiting for screens to load. She has no idea what "Please Wait" means. I'm still very satisfied with the connection, although our "bundle" price seems to be creeping upward pretty regularly. But then, so is the price of gasoline, milk, bread, and electricity.

[May 16, 2011] Now into the third day of sporadic outages of Road Runner net service and VoIP phone service. Two calls to Time-Warner have not resulted in any improvement in continuity of service. Outages seem to be random in duration and frequency. Sometimes, everything is fine... other times completely FUBAR-ed. Problem is evidently a system, or at least area-wide, as neighbors are experiencing the same symptoms. As much as I am annoyed by T-W's response, I have to admit this is the first time in years there has been a problem that lasted more than an hour or two. Am going to contact them again and request a billing adjustment for prolonged lack of service. We'll see what happens

[4-2-14] It works! Don't have to wait for pages to load. It's there when I need it. Not much else to say. We've had it for years and it's done nothing but get better. How fast is it? I don't know. It's certainly fast enough for our needs/wants. We've had a couple of small "glitches" over the past couple of years, but mostly they seem to occur in the "wee" hours of the morning so, for the most part, they've not affected my normal use of my connection. I probably wouldn't have noticed them at all if it weren't for occasional insomnia on my part. I don't test unless there's an apparent problem... and there hasn't been much of anything of that nature, with the exception of the aforementioned cases. And those may be due to normal system maintenance work being done during "off" hours. Is it perfect... no, but what is? For those who expect 100% performance all the time, it may be frustrating, but for my use, I'm totally satisfied with what I'm getting. The only dissatisfaction I can state is with the construction crews who, for whatever reason, tear the cables out of the ground from time to time. I do not attribute those types of outages to TWC. Just careless backhoe operators.

member for 13.5 years, 7137 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by aguypd See Profile

• Location: Silver Springs,Wyoming,NY
Good "Usually good bandwidth"
Bad "TV channels will jitter at times, because of the compressed bandwidth"
Overall "Good deal for the price, when you get their package deal"

·Frontier Communi..

(update 2014-2) After our fourth DVR stopped working in two years, we decided to just drop the cable TV and digital phone and keep only the Internet. We upgraded the Internet from Standard to Ultimate, so we will see how that does. It will be a price increase to $102, but with dropping the TV and phone, it will be a savings of about $50. Even with purchase of Netflix, we are still saving over $40. The few shows that we used to watch on TV, we can still watch online.

(update 2013-12) Looking over our cable bill from Time Warner Cable, I was struck by the extra charges.
We have their DVR service, so that we can record shows and watch them later. It is really nice for fast forwarding over all the commercials. We can watch an hour worth of news in just under 40 minutes.
The bill has the DVR service at $12.95, but there is another $8.49 for equipment charges for 1 DVR converter and 1 remote.
That's a total of $21.44 for having a DVR. Time Warner Cable will "nickel & dime" you to death.
We called Time Warner Cable and talked to one guy about "lowering our bill" and the guy instead tried offer us a deal that would "save money on our bill."
We declined and then called back and talked to a different representative, when told that we were looking at getting rid of the TV, possibly the phone, too, and just keeping the Internet, she offered us a better deal for one year. We will save $5.

(update 2013-06)Now, Time Warner has raised fees by creating new charges, such as a modem rental fee or you can buy your own. We bought our own, but since then, we have been struggling to get the former bandwidth of 15,000/1,000, we are usually getting about 5,000/300.

(update 2012-11)We have the three-in-one service and now we are going to be charged a modem rental fee. If we want to purchase one off of their approved list, we then have to put in a splitter to hook up our own and continue to use Time Warner's for the digital phone.
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, so we will probably just get rid of the digital phone, when we purchase our own modem.

(update 2012-01)Our Internet has been rock solid. We have been very happy with our service.

(update 2010-09)Our Internet service has been rock solid, except for one weekend, but they credited out account for the time it was down.

The bandwidth with Powerboost is consistenly around 17-19 Mbs and after Powerboost ends, it stays pretty consistent around 9 Mbs.
The latency is pretty consistent to NYC, at about 30 ms.

(update)Road Runner has just upgraded our upload to 1 Mbs and is pretty consistent at around .97 Mbs. It is a nice feature and we will see how the price of Road Runner does with their new rates coming out next month.

(update)After continuously comparing the bandwidth between my mom's dsl with Frontier and our Road Runner, Road Runner had consistently had three times the bandwidth and less than half of the latency.

(update)Even with the Powerboost added, you can compare large files, that overcome the first 10 MB Powerboost and show you your true bandwidth usually by using a java based bandwidth test.
Seeing the true bandwidth after Powerboost, it is still 3 times faster than Frontiernet.

(update)Time Warner has put their tiers and caps on the back burner, until they "educate the consumer." They have added some tier and cap terminology to their TOS, so it might not be too much longer before they decide to initiate it onto their plans.

(update)Time Warner announced that they are going to be starting caps and charging by a tiered program with overages at $1/GB. If they do start that, then the cable TV will be getting scaled back. If it still too expensive, then we might end up going back to FrontierNet, since they have said they decided to NOT start caps and a tiered program.

(update)Switched back after trying FrontierNet. The technician came out and installed the modem in just a few minutes and we were up.

The bandwidth is three times what we were getting with FrontierNet. It was a mistake to switch over to FrontierNet in the first place. Especially, now that they are talking about adding caps and tiered service plans.

However, when we had called to have Road Runner installed, again, we were NOT given the option for a self-install kit. In our next bill, they attempted to charge us for the install, in which we complained. They removed the charge.

(update)FrontierNet offered us a deal where the first year was free, plus a modem charge and then the second year was $30 plus modem fee, so we switched from Road Runner to FrontierNet.

Mailed us a self-install kit

Switched to Frontier, when they offered us a deal of the first year free and the second year at $30/month.

However, Road Runner is almost three times the bandwidth, so based on bandwidth to price, Road Runner was the better deal. Will probably be coming back to Road Runner, soon.

member for 6.4 years, 2480 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by tcarcur See Profile

• Location: San Antonio,Bexar,TX
Good "More Mbps per Dollar than U-Verse (in my zip code)"
Bad "Rates are not permanent. Need to call every 9-12 months to renegotiate."
Overall "The "better" ISP in my zip code. Not 100% good, but not terrible."

I picked up the modem from a TWC store, after 7 months I purchased my own online.

Had an outage that lasted 4 days because they "forgot" to enable the "port" at my apartment after their maintenance. Phone support was clueless as to what the issue was. Had to wait 4 days to have a service tech come over, and fix the problem without even getting out of his truck (he called in to enable the port). The tech was cool and explained to me what the issue was and what to tell the phone guys if it happens again.

Speed test on 3/23/14 at 12:51 central. Have Extreme 50 internet. Speed fluctuates between 30 - 55mbps throughout the day. No TV or Phone service. Own modem SB6141.

No news is good news. Haven't had to talk to them or anything in a long time. I do occasionally get phone calls from them trying to get me sign up for Cable TV or phone service.

Comments:

Review by sitallik See Profile

• Location: Lancaster,Los Angeles,CA
Good "Support Personal that comes out to the house"
Bad "Support Personal on Chat or phone"
Overall "I wish I could get another service!"

I am attempting to connect to a website that allows me to open an account for a new game that is scheduled to come out on 04/04/14 (it's Elder Scrolls Online) - I had a beta invite for the game and therefor am trying since a few months already to resolve this problem.

The website works, friends who live in different states and who don't have TimeWarner had no problems accessing the site. I also can access the site in a limited way if I use a proxy server.

I am sure that the problems are not caused by my set up (I did a lot of troubleshooting regarding that).

When calling TimeWarner I'm treated with disrespect (one Rep told me to 'click the Internet button', another one told me that the ticket was forwarded to the 'engineers' who would fix the issue and when I called 3 or 4 days later I was told that the rep had closed the ticket after we were done talking).

I think that TimeWarner restricts access to the website especially since Elder Scrolls Customer Service reps are telling me that other customers with TimeWarner also can not access the site.

I don't understand why they do that. There's nothing illegal or questionable about the site. I don't understand why they don't allow users to get to it. I also can not understand the terrible way the customer service is reacting to my inquiries.

I'm very disappointed with TimeWarner and have launched in the meantime a complaint with the Public Utility Commission, hoping that they are willing and able to do something about the situation.

Comments:
why60loss

·Verizon Wireless..

Is it just this one web site or are other web pages like this as well

If other web pages do/act like this as well it's likely packet loss, if not maybe they just don't like the web site. In both cases, well good luck getting them to care.

I think your rating is to forgiving to this ISP, but that's likely because I have gone though true CS BS. Both chat and phone support is just, well useless.

The only thing that is worse is DSL. That's when the CS reps pull out the F and S words out about how much they don't care your internet has been down for weeks and that you don't want to pay for non working service.

DrDrew
That others may surf
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

What website exactly?

I'm not having any problems accessing Elder Scrolls Online on my TWC connection.
»elderscrollsonline.com/en/
»account.elderscrollsonline.com
»www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/beta

Is it some other site? Can you post a tracert to it?

What kind of modem do you have? Some modems with built-in routers have been known to have problematic security settings which cause access issues or packetloss. The Moto SBG6580 for example, when it has the firewall or other packet processing options turned on.
I'll make it work.... hand me that BFR.

Anon6656

@rr.com

Re: What website exactly?

I am having the exact same issue with this, been trying for the last couple weeks. I am in LA using TWC.

aiden

@rr.com

Re: What website exactly?

said by Anon6656 :

There is no solution yet, I've tried changing DSN servers, and it still bounces me back to the signup page. I called zenimax and they created an account for me over the phone, but there is not telling if, when the game launches, that it will connect using TWC in Socal

Review by Anonymous_ See Profile

• Location: Littlerock,Los Angeles,CA
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (24 month contract)
Good " They suck you in with good service"
Bad "then it turns into crap"

They suck you in with good service,then it turns into crap.
30/5

outages happen at lest every other week for 8-12 hours

wished Verizon offered FIOS here.....

member for 10.2 years, 5002 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Maybe...

If you have 2.4 gHz phones and 2.4 gHz wireless that could be your problem. Try moving the phones away from the router and see if the problem iproves at all.
Razoul

join:2012-10-09
Crestline, CA
·Charter

As far

As I know, Littlerock has no new houses. Maybe the wiring inside your house is causing the issues? Or the line from the pole? Don't be quick to blame the ISP, the issue may just as likely be something on your end of the line, Time Warner has a done a really good job in fixing their cable issues in So Cal and I would not be surprised if it was an inside wiring issue or something on your end.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
join:2004-06-21
127.0.0.1

Re: As far

It's obviously not the modem since the issue is at the 3rd hop.

"72.129.26.177" jumps from 300 to 400ms at night upto 1,000 ms "jitter" to the east coast.

seems to be happening in the day time now as well.
C:\Users\******>tracert dslreports.com

Tracing route to dslreports.com [209.123.109.175]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     9 ms    11 ms    15 ms  cpe-75-83-224-XXX.socal.res.rr.com [75.83.224.XXX]
  2     8 ms    10 ms    11 ms  cpe-24-24-194-157.socal.rr.com [24.24.194.157]
  3   111 ms   102 ms   103 ms  tge8-1.pldlcabl-cer02.socal.rr.com [72.129.26.177]
  4   127 ms   126 ms   118 ms  72.129.26.174
 15   206 ms   166 ms   161 ms  ae-21-52.car1.Newark1.Level3.net [4.69.156.37]
 16   158 ms   147 ms   142 ms  NETCCESS.car1.Newark1.Level3.net [4.26.16.186]
 17   222 ms   216 ms   218 ms  0.e3-3.tbr2.mmu.nac.net [209.123.11.77]
 18   235 ms   235 ms   232 ms  0.e1-1.tbr2.oct.nac.net [209.123.10.21]
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20   154 ms   153 ms   149 ms  www.dslreports.com [209.123.109.175]

Trace complete.

Well, does your car at least turn into something else? Sometimes I turn it into a trashcan. Hmm...
Razoul

join:2012-10-09
Crestline, CA
·Charter

Re: As far

Hit up the TWC direct forum and let them know. Node could be overloaded then.

I do see a marked ping increase on Level3's network too however (4.69.132.82) of almost 100ms. Shitty routing could be possible. Try letting the lease expire and see if you pull an IP from a different range.

Selenia
I love Debian
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
said by Anonymous_:

It's obviously not the modem since the issue is at the 3rd hop.

seems to be happening in the day time now as well.

C:\Users\******>tracert dslreports.com

15   206 ms   166 ms   161 ms  ae-21-52.car1.Newark1.Level3.net [4.69.156.37]
 16   158 ms   147 ms   142 ms  NETCCESS.car1.Newark1.Level3.net [4.26.16.186]
 17   222 ms   216 ms   218 ms  0.e3-3.tbr2.mmu.nac.net [209.123.11.77]
 18   235 ms   235 ms   232 ms  0.e1-1.tbr2.oct.nac.net [209.123.10.21]
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20   154 ms   153 ms   149 ms  www.dslreports.com [209.123.109.175]

Trace complete.

Your pings seem fine on TWC's end. Don't let a few high pings earlier in the route fool you. Many routers deprioritize pings and trace routes to focus on their main job(routing) and to help protect against DDoS attacks via ICMP. Your ping looks good on the first Level3 routers, which is out of TWC's network. That being said, your ping to dslr is kinda crappy. Seeing the averages and ignoring the spikes(you can't have 60ms pings to level3 without TWC forwarding the packets to them that quickly), level3 seems to be your issue. There have been many complaints on this forum about them. Unfortunately, yours and TWC's hands are likely tied behind your backs. Sorry to say...

A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

Review by djm61 See Profile

• Location: Simi Valley,Ventura,CA
Good "Went with the 50/5 and was immediately upgraded to 100/5"
Bad "Tech support marginal, customer service less than marginal"
Overall "Fastest available HSI in Simi Valley, few outages, overall good connection"

I have had TW since they took over the Adelphia franchise here. (and Adelphia before that). I have always had the top tier of what they offer. I switched to Earthlink Cable, delivered by TW, to get a price break a year ago. I just switched back to take advantage of the Docsis 3 speeds. I bought an SB 6121 modem to use with Docsis 3 as I have always had my own modem even with Adelphia. The 6121 was nothing but trouble and I returned it for the SB 6141. The 6121 provisioned at 50mbps and when I hooked up the 6141 it provisioned at 100 and has been rock solid. 8 downstream channels and surfing the good life with TW.