Time Warner Cable page on DSLReports

Review by sinaz See Profile

• Location: Encino,Los Angeles,CA
Good "Solid connection, reasonable speeds."
Bad "Lack of any other ISP choice"
Overall "It works. It's reasonably fast."

Well, It's been several years since I've done a review. I figured I'll just do one now since there is a lack of any in my area. This is less about my actual service with TWC and more about lack of competition in the Encino area.

I'll start off by saying that Time Warner here isn't bad by any means. Really I've had no complaints about their communication, their tech roll outs, and service. We've been with TWC for over 7 years and have probably only had outages once every other year (knock on wood) of which only lasted maybe a night. Recently, we called up to add another cable box separate to the living room and also ended up bumping our broadband speeds to the 30/5 tier for the same price we were paying before. Our connection consistently exceeds that by about 5/.5 and again have no complaints.

Most of the problem lies with lack of competition in this area. ATT is the only other provider, and for some reason lacks any competitive packages and connection speeds. Seeing as how U-Verse (VDSL) has been around for quite some time, you would think they'd have rolled it out to places that are somewhat populous. Their speeds max out at 6mbits (what is this 2004?), and their TV service is non existent. The disparity between TWC's packages and ATT's packages begs to question whether they even care about garnering any customers in this region.

Now you may be thinking why this sounds more like a rant/review about ATT especially when my service with TWC has been pretty good. Well, I can assure you it's not that I have a desire to switch over, but more along the lines that if my relationship with TWC does go sour for any reason, I have no where else to go with anything decent.

I understand that most of the country lacks competition and there are areas that are far worse off than I which i feel immensely for, but there is still no excuse for a multi billion dollar corporation with the means to deliver a comparable service in a demanding area to keep delivering archaic technologies. In a perfect world, I would like to see telco/cableco territories knocked down and have them overlap each other for much more competition, but that's not what we're given. Only a few minutes away the choices are somewhat comparable between these duopolies, but over here, it might as well be a monopoly.

Comments:

Review by pumpkinhead7 See Profile

• Location: Clarksburg,Harrison,WV
Good "22mb down and 1mb up"
Bad "Has talked about usage based billing for some time, this will kill the internet. Also might be bought by comcast"
Overall "Pretty good speeds, good reliability, decent price for internet"

TV Packages are priced EXTREMELY high! Comcast is wanting to buy them which will really suck

Comments:

Review by OpTiC See Profile

• Location: West Covina,Los Angeles,CA
Good "Speed, Unlimited, Reliable TV, Internet, and Phone"
Bad "had five billing issues and a technician that came, didn't do anything"
Overall "I'm probably staying this time"

·Charter
October 2014 update 3- I upgraded my DVR service to the Enhanced DVR (6 tuner) for $3 more. That was a better deal than the standard DVR so my bill is 157.98.

October 2014 update 2- Also found another way to lower my bill I found a promo from TWC's website for the same services for $20 less so I might as well switch I will be calling in will be giving DSLR an update.

October 2014- got a free extreme internet bump and my bill was also lowered to 155.53. I also started using my own Motorola sb 6183. My MAXX speed is 200/20

September 2014- Got TWC Maxx 100/10. I also upgraded my double play with starter tv to the better triple play for $169 preferred tv, all premiums, variety pass plus, a DVR (Motorola DCX 3510) the extra set top box (Motorola DCX 3200 P3) also have whole home DVR.
August 2014- got a second cable box. It's a DCX3200 P3

July 2014- Waiting for MAXX upgrade might upgrade to extreme or ultimate internet for better bang for the buck.

March 2014- Have the Turbo Tier. Still no speed caps which is great. Consistently get my speeds. Very few outages. I hope this isnt my last TW review update. Comcast may be taking over soon. This upgrade cost $10 more a month.
»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3390779019

January 2014- I upgraded to the Standard Tier with the same TV package for $10 more a month on top of Basic internet.And I also bought my own modem the Motorola sb 6121.
»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3325528071

July 2013- I upgraded to the Basic Tier with the same TV package for $10 more a month on top of Lite internet.

May 2011- I sign up for Lite Tier with El Paquetazo tv package

==============================================================

I have experienced several outages that were due to migrating the two networks together. Speeds have stayed relatively the same, and up until this point, have not been upgraded like much of Time Warners other markets around the country. Being the only game in town however, I feel lucky enough to actually have high speed internet so I won't complain to much.

Upload speed is a bit low, but when the speed increase is put into effect, I expect this to change.

Television service is great, and they have a growing number of HD channels, which looks like it will grow more in the Fall when several new networks are launched.

In the end, they are a decent choice amongst an area with very little to no other choices, except MAYBE Verizon Fios.

member for 230 days, 270 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
TechGuy007

join:2013-08-23
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
·exede by ViaSat

Time Warner Business Class

Service has been great overall. The initial technician was kind enough to replace the main cable drop from the street to the premises with a commercial grade cable. He disclosed he did not have any more of the newer modems and would leave me with an older model and to call in if there were any problems. The only concern that arose was between 9pm and 11 pm the speeds would slow. I called in the morning and had a tech visit later on in the afternoon. After the required testing, the signals were extremely strong and the tech did state the modem would be the issue. He swapped out the cable modem with the newest model available and left. Sure enough it was the modem because that evening between the times I was seeing slowdowns it did not happen again. Overall I am really satisfied with the service and it is well worth the extra money each month even though the speeds are not as high as residential service. Wondering if the merge goes through if Comcast will give Business Class customers a speed bump.

Uh

No body likes my review

Review by go_ahead_ed See Profile

• Location: Anaheim,Orange,CA
Good "reliable connection, consistent speeds"
Bad "took forever to get installed, not cheap"
Overall "pretty satisfied overall"

Used to have Earthlink MuniWiFi. Great when it worked, great price, but would go down for days at a time. RR 10/1 service has been much more reliable and satisfying. It took RR about a month to figure out where the nearest cable junction was before they could run the cable to my house. Once that was found installation was completed in a few hours.

Ambit cable modem, works just fine.

Update: Recently got upgraded to 100/10 service and at works great using my purchased Motorola SB6141 modem. Service/reliability has been great, no complaints.

member for 6.6 years, 270 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Packeteers See Profile

• Location: Forest Hills,Queens,NY
Good "all domestic sales and tier1 support"
Bad "a stuggle to get to tier3 support"
Overall "no contract means low risk trying"

Feb'2012 post install feedback;

After a lot of procedural headaches with Verizon aDSL, I decided to give TWCable a try. I was impressed how technically savvy they were in sales, and how easy it was to reschedule install appointments and get more info.

The installer came on time, but was kind of a jerk; instead of putting in a $3 video:data splitter on to my existing CATV cable, he spliced a coupler out in the hallway cable tray to run the new cable to my computer, left the old CATV cable without a connector - so he basically left a mess for the next guy who may later upgrade me for HDTV, and added more unnecessary DB loss on my line for future DOCSIS3 upgrading.

more bad luck as the first new RCA model DCM425 modem he tried had a DOA Ethernet port, and he got testy with me when i proved to him it was not my computer by showing a twinkling ethernet NIC card light while attached to my old Verizion Westell 7500 modem. I think these installers are so used to dealing with 80yo great grandmothers who just want to email their kids, that when a tech savvy customer comes along that questions their modus operandi, they can get easily flustered. I later discovered the working modem he left me was actually used for the past 6 Months according to the modems own EventLog.

My download order rating was 10mbps but I'm often seeing 12-16mbps during non primetime hours, and around 7-10mbps during primetime. my Latency to the 3rd Hop is 15-25ms, which seems impressive for a Broadband ISP.

* I knew on order I would get only 0.5mbps upload, but I'm pretty bummed out on how much that low latency bandwidth makes Video chat, VoIP, online games and even forum posting feel sluggish compared to the low Latency 0.8mbps upload I enjoyed with Verizon aDSL. I suspect the upload is compressed by the ISP, making it even more problematic for certain upload intensive applications.

Getting a new dynamic public IP is more cumbersome than it was on my Verizon aDSL modem, but at least it's possible if you have a router to alternate your mac address with your pc's mac.

wideband 30/5 DOCSIS3 is offered here for $20/mo more, so I may upgrade once I grow more confident in TWCable stability and reliably especially during primetime hours. I'll reevaluate in 3-6 months, and change my worst-best scores as they merit it: »testmy.net/quickstats/spypet

Mar'2012 first Month feedback;

* My upload seems to have been increased to 1mbps, download averages over 10mbps, and Latency is a respectable 20ms, so I'm very pleased with the performance and reliability thus far. I'm able to trip DHCP into giving me a new IP address by alternating between my PC's MAC and my extra Router's MAC address, and I find that ability comforting. now that my upload feels increased, I notice fewer upload compression symptoms, and upload intensive applications are more responsive.

I used online chat tech support for the first time, and am sad to report the live person seemed more interested in running through some unrelated diagnostic script that only demonstrated to me he had no real technical understanding of my question. I eventually found the answer I needed elsewhere just googling around for it.

Torrent users should be aware that TWCable seems very intrusive of such activity even if all you do is grab some TV episode you just missed, so a good third party Proxy/VPN or SeedBox is advised to protect your privacy and net neutrality. Since my 15/1 line cost me less than I was paying the far less intrusive Verizon, I don't mind paying someone else extra for a LeaseWeb based anonymizing service.

May'2012 deterioration:

My average speed has decreased from over 14/1 to 9/1 for no reason, but that is still near the 10/1 of Standard service speed. My area suffers a few hours of ISP service outage every 2 Months.

June'2012 intermittent:

I'm averaging 12/1 but my connection to the internet seems to lock up, and even though the activity lights look normal, i'm forced to power cycle the modem to get back on the web just about every other day.

Aug'2012 back on track:

I finally insisted TWCable do a premise visit by a Tech, not an installer. he could not find anything specifically wrong but swapped out my original install RCA modem for a Ubee. ever since then my line has been more consistent and I have not needed to power cycle my new modem.

Nov'2012 spotty routing:

I bought my own $28 factory reconditioned sb5101u docsis2 modem to avoid the monthly lease fee, and also benefited from a recent free speed increase given to all Standard plans.

I regret not getting a docsis3 but the few on their support list were over $100. It's a shame TWCable made us buy our own modems, since now it's far less likely I'll try their 30/5 wideband plan once my first year ends in

Feb'2013.

so now i'm enjoying 20/1 offpeak 15/1 peak with 2.0MB/s average instead of 1.2MB/s. routing issues continue to be TWCable's weak point, as I often get better connectivity to US sight while on my European VPN then I do right off my public IP domestically. with FiOS still a year away from being build up on my block, I'm glad for the speed and ability TWCable gave me to help keep things affordable.

April'2013 intermittent speed:

I suffered for a few weeks with poor routing and bad speed, so I called Tier 1 who escalated me to Tier 3, and all he saw as a just below threshold coax signal, so he ordered a premise visit. On my own volition, I changed the MAC of the device connected to my modem, power cycled and got a new dynamic public IP assigned to my modem. Sure enough that solved my problem as my speed and routing was back to normal, so I cancelled the premise visit - now I know to try this when I see similar symptoms. My guess is TWC somehow assigned two devices on their network the same IP, so we were both getting each other's packet traffic. I'm still tempted to upgrade to a docsis3 30/5 service - just waiting for confirmation from any local resident that my area enjoys 8/4 channel bonding. I continue to use a Romanian VPN provider for all P2P/Torrent traffic and regularly enjoy 1Mb/s transfer rates, so I can download an hour long 460p TV show in 6 minutes.

September'2013 intermittent modem resets:

My SB5101u docsis2 modem was rebooting every time I used over 60% of my bandwidth for more than 10 minutes. TWCable was willing to do a premise visit, but I suspected that a SB6141 docsis3 modem would fix the problem. my old docsis2 modem had out of date firmware that TWCable no longer would push updates to, and i suspected all the docsis3 upgrading to my local network was causing any out of date docsis2 equipment to grow unstable under stress. It seems my suspicious were correct as all my problem seem to clear up once my SB6141 was activated in it's place. After some brutal long duration download sessions the new modem stays on rock solid and I'm currently enjoying 8/4 down/up bound channels and low packet loss 16/1 speeds. The 20/1 speed I enjoyed for free 6 Months ago is gone as of July'13 as is all power boost caching. TWCable's CEO said we may all get a 10% speed increase to make it up to subscribers for their second lease fee increase from $4 to $6. when I notice that take effect I will update my review page here.

It's just a shame I didn't buy this SB6141 Oct'2012 when TWCable started charging lease fees, so I recommend anyone even if your service is 3mb or 15mb to still invest in a good docsis3 modem, since docsis2 equipment may no longer get up to date support by TWCable's network.

September'2014 IP & MAXX

In February Channels in use increase from 4:4 to 8:4, In June I agreed to pay more for 20/2 Turbo service. Early September TWC changed my IP and a week later I saw the MAXX increase: »i.imgur.com/0tST0LO.jpg but my firmware revision remains at Mar 12 2013, still no IPv6 support, and actual MB/s throughput is close to the 5x MAXX promised. I'm pleased with this free upgrade, but am worried it will cost me more next year once Comcast takes over - as I consume an average of 400GB per Month.

October'2014 minor changes

After extensive 100/10 real world application testing, I concluded I simply did not need all that bandwidth, so I downgraded to 15/1 standard now at 50/5 maxx and the re-provisioning call and actual change went smoothly »i.imgur.com/ZBmbisl.jpg I also saw the Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.14-SCM01-NOSH dated Mar 6 2014 got pushed out to my White SB6141, and I got IPv6 working on my TP-Link GB Router, so for $30/mo (coop bulk rate discounted) everything with TWC could not be better.

member for 9.3 years, 4058 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
xQim

join:2003-09-20

4 edits

Call Tech Support

Xtreme Package
Something is seriously wrong. I have a Residential Xtreme Package (30Mbps/5Mbps) which I get a steady 32Mbps/6Mbps + my expensive Business Package of (10Mbps/1.5Mbps) which i get 11Mbps/1.7Mbps. There is no reason that your speeds are that low. Are you using a 5MHz - 1000MHz splitter. How many splitters? Are you using an approved DOCSIS 3.0 modem? What gauge coaxial cable are you using to the modem and input line? Just trying to help.

Using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem for anything above Standard is a big no no. Bandwidth is all over the place plus tons of drops.

I am using a Motorola SB6141 and running 8 Downstream and 4 Upstream channels (Residential). Power Levels are perfect. Maybe check those? 192.168.100.1 and post the results.

Business Line is running a DOCSIS 2.0 Modem. Levels again are prefect.

And buy a Motorola SB6141 which can be had for $99 at Walmart. You will not regret it, plus you will save $8 in rental fees for a modem that is not suitable for your connection. Ubee is junk.

Here is a picture of what Xtreme should be.

Also attached is my Business Line, which seems to be well above advertised.

Re: Call Tech Support

He switched to a sb 6141 last year when his 5101 is dead

Packeteers
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY

Re: Call Tech Support

thanks, i asked a mod to remove xQim's silly post here, but no dice

Review by GEK See Profile

• Location: Woodridge,Sullivan,NY
Good "Once connected internet works"
Bad "There is no other option for internet other than dial up."
Overall "I'm Trapped!"

Ordered standard internet FOR 39.95 for 12 months. Took 5 days to get my modem onto the network. Most of the people that I talked to during the 5 day wait were clueless. Wish there were other options available.

member for 12.1 years, 1411 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by xQim See Profile

• Location: Standish,Cumberland,ME
Good "Get Slightly Above Advertised Speed"
Bad "Monopoly, Tech Support Is Terrible, Upload Speeds Are In The Stone Age"
Overall "Get What You Pay For"

*09/09/2014*

Upgraded once again because EDLP is so slow. Youtube buffering is unacceptable. I purchased the Extreme (30Mbps/5Mbps) as I could not justify paying $20 extra for 20Mbps download. Now if it was 50Mbps/10Mbps which it should be, then I would have bought it. Anyways, I am satisfied with the service. It is peak hours with (3 other users) and I got above 30Mbps/5Mbps. I've been busy and lazy but I plan to dual-wan operate my business and residential account. So 31Mbps/5.5Mbps + 12Mbps/1.7Mbps roughly, should give me a nice 43Mbps/7.2Mbps (Multi-Sourced only). Cannot wait to see the results. Good work TWC! You finally did you're job and didn't mess things up. And, I got to talk to a woman who was actually knowledgable and spoke fluent English. Amazing!

I know it will happen but please, for the love of humanity, and by some miracle, don't let Comcast merge with TWC! PLEASE!

08/14/2014 *Update*

Downgraded once again to the Everyday Low Price: 2Mbps/1Mbps @ $14.99/Month. I get above advertised speed (2.20Mbps/1.10Mbps). My modem is still using 4 downstream and 4 upstream channels even at this low speed. Somehow my latency has dropped as well. It is what it is, which is sluggish. Depending on the webpage you can tell that it is slow as some sites contain a vast amount of data which causes web pages to have prolonged load times. Youtube and Netflix buffer, and buffer even more if just one more person is using the connection. All in all, I am getting above advertised, but still wish there was some competition. I have a dual-wan router and a quadruple-wan router. In the next couple of days I will load balance this package with my 10Mbps/1.5Mbps Business Connection. I'll post the speed tests. The other picture is the Business Class Connection: 10Mbps/1.5Mbps. The Business Class pricing is ridiculously expensive for the speeds you receive, but what do you expect when TWC is a monopoly, soon to be a mega monopoly called Comcast.

07/28/2014

I recently dropped my internet package from Ultimate 50Mbps/5Mbps (56Mbps/6Mbps) to the Standard Package 15Mbps/1Mbps (16Mbps/1.21Mbps). I did so because TWC was overcharging me for the Ultimate Package. I was quoted $64.99/Month, yet I got charged $89.99/Month. Trying to fix any issue over the phone with TWC is worthless unless you can speak five different languages, enjoy being on hold for long periods of time, and getting hung up on. So I went to the nearest office to dispute the charges. I told the woman there that I was being overcharged and that I was told it would be $64.99/Month. She said, "There is absolutely no way possible that the Ultimate Package was $64.99/Month. I told her to go to TWC website and low and behold I was right. Since TWC is a monopoly around here, I would only be able to receive that $64.99 price once and then it would go up to $89.99. At this point all logics are thrown out the window. Apparently $89.99/Month is a great deal because it usually costs $119.99/Month. I would never pay that so I started asking the prices of every package to which she would tell me the non promotional price. I ran down the list until Basic and said I want to cancel my service then. In order to not lose a customer she finally offered the Standard Package at its promotional price of $34.99/Month, which I agreed to. On speed tests I get 16Mbps/1.21Mbps. I get above advertised speeds but it is still a premium price for junk speed. I realize it could be worse.

TWC launched Roadrunner in 1995 with a 3Mbps/0.384Mbps package and was available in my area shortly thereafter. The price back then was $44.99/Month. The point I'm trying to make is that after 19 years the speeds have slowly gone up as well as the price. It shouldn’t take that long to upgrade. Since there is zero competition, there is no reason for them to upgrade anything. The “South Park” episode regarding cable is pretty much spot on.

The only reason I have TWC is because the only other option is 3Mbps/1Mbps unFaipoint DSL for $59.99/Month. That is not competition at all. I feel bad for the people on unFairpoint as I have used it before and every time I did, I never received the speeds advertised and the connection would drop everyday and my bandwidth would be cut in half for no reason everyday.

The only reason for 3 stars on Install is because I did it myself with my own modem.

No competition = Terrible Service.

Comments:

an0nny

@reliablehosting.com

your $200

you wont ever see it unless you can prove the installer took 2 modems of yours. i.e. video of him taking them.

this if you ever even had 2 modems extra and are not just trying to bad mouth twc.

its your word against their's and w/o any proof you wont get $200.
xQim

join:2003-09-20

Re: your $200

I'm not bad mouthing TWC for the sake of it. I have three witnesses that saw them there and they were mysteriously gone after he finished. Also, Fairpoint had to come out to my house and install a new telephone box because the TWC employee destroyed the box. For what reason? Why would a cable company need to do anything with the telephone box? Umm gee, too stop the competition. So it is actually four individuals against one.
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

SA

I wasn't there to see what happened, but since when are you able to purchase an SA modem and use it on the TWC Network. Those modems are generally LEASED and are not for sale.

Bobkatt

@rr.com

Re: SA

Out of curiosity I did a search and SA modems are for sale all over the Internet so they are not only "for lease"

Review by TDOG See Profile

• Location: Louisville,Jefferson,KY
Good "Internet connection is fairly reliable"
Bad "TV picture quality goes bad randomly "
Overall "TOO EXPENSIVE"

I watch about 25% of the channels I'm paying for....The rest are CRAP! Classic TV package and 15/1 internet.

Comments:
OpTiC

Re: Review

It's your problem for paying for that tier you don't need

TDOG

join:2000-04-30
Louisville, KY

Re: Review

classic tier....It's that or basic . You sound like you work for TWC.
HA! What are you? 15?

Re: Review

You can cancel service and switch to Uverse or call up TWC for a better price. Vitality pays 114.99 for a triple play with Ulimate internet, preferred tv, and phone. A 5-30 minutes phone call can lower your bill.

West Covina, CA
Be a little specific what tier do pay and also be specific on your review. If you can afford this then you can't afford anything the same price for Uverse or Fios. I think my bill is expensive, but I have no problem paying it.

scottymead

join:2007-07-29
Post Falls, ID
Evidently you never had Comcast huh? They are expensive. But you are paying too much, I only pay 94.76 and that includes 1 set top box w/ DVR and every tier except movies and 15/1 internet.

Re: Review

I had Comcast before when Adelphia took over my area. Then it became TWC.

why60loss

join:2012-09-20
·Verizon Wireless..
said by scottymead:

I get a better deal on Comcast than I ever did on TWC.

I got 105/10, 3 set boxes with a DVR all HD and home phone for $130. TWC doesn't even have more than 50/5 in most places and it was like $99 standalone for that tier when I tried to order it.

TWC is a rip off in places that aren't like NYC or LA.
»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3794782155, »www.speedtest.net/my-result/3794784891

Time warner cables idea of $57.99 internet^ yea that's standard internet alright with the "upto" thing in full force.

scottymead

join:2007-07-29
Post Falls, ID

Re: Review

You are lucky, I have recently dropped our internet down to 3/1 for the simple fact I don't do much online anymore, 2 kids ages 3 and 2 and no time.

Re: Review

I pay $155 in LA for 200/20 extreme internet, Preferred TV, all premium channels, variety pass plus, phone, 1 DVR, 1 Set top, and a Whole House DVR. The triple play I have is the better triple play with extreme.

Tommmmm

@132.235.52.x

Time Warners Worst

Unbelievable customer service. They transfer me 10 times and final one got disconnected. Never buy Time Warners.

Re: Time Warners Worst

It depends who you speak to

Review by horacebork See Profile

• Location: 09001
Good "service, support, reliability, value"
Bad "price goes up. regularly."
Overall "basically good service. wish their internet-only rates were more competetive."

(note: i only use twc for my cable internet. i do not use them for tv as i receive good reception and am not interested in 95% of cable programming.)

originally was resold twc thru ny connect. ny connect was essentially a pass-thru company and offered no value-added services. twc handled all my technical and account level support, so ny connect was essentially of no added value.

we have had power or service disruptions on several occasions. in each instance, twc very supportive. nyc was working on the road in front of my building and cut the line at least twice. in both instances they were prompt sending out service staff to perform repairs. and when the repairs were not completed within a 24 hour period, they prorated my fees for the month.

this past december (2013) they offered a year-end deal. for $10 less they offered double the download and upload speeds. when i called in, they said this was for first time customers. however, the rep simply offered the discounted rate to me anyways. for that, i had to terminate my service with the essentially useless ny connect and directly subscribe with twc. perhaps that was what allowed them to offer me the discounted rate.

at one point they "changed" their service and were going to start "renting" the cable modem to me at $5/mo. i thought this was a little greedy so i bought a cable modem (listed on their approved list) for myself ($40 motorola surfboard). works fine. they even recognize it from their end.

they regularly increase their rates without increasing up/down speeds. this is really nervy. there is not much cost difference between 20mbs and 40mbs. but the price they increase my services far outstrips any difference incurred by greater up/down speeds.

oh well, i am hoping that i can renew my current monthly rate this december.

[update] converted my subscription form nyconnect to twc directly. ny connect offered no value added services. rates were higher than direct to twc.

member for 3.6 years, 756 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by rjbasye See Profile

• Location: Dry Ridge,Grant,KY
Good "Reliable, fast."
Bad "Sometimes it slows down in evenings. Wish it was cheaper."
Overall "Not bad but I wish there was more competition for broadband in my area."

·VOIPO
Still have the same Channel lineup as Insight Communications and not the national TWC Channel lineup. No start over and look back only the icon which when you select it it says sorry feature not available on all three of my DVR's. No DVR manager either as of this date. Would love to have more HD channels like TV Land, Oxygen and the full Encore HD suite also. Internet continues to be rock solid though in my area.

Updated 02/19/2014

Well, Nothing much changed in my area except price has increased for the same services I receive. My promo price has expired and I wish I could get internet a cheaper price since i am paying 79.99 for 30/5. Channel lineup currently is the same as it was with insight and I have lost Showtime 2 in HD for some reason it is only in SD since they settled their dispute with CBS. Don't know when that will return to the HD lineup. Reliability has been good since the TWC takeover with a few minor issues with pic freezing that were resolved in a short time. Overall I feel pricing should be cheaper but with little competition from Cincinnati Bell I don't expect that to change anytime soon. They need to offer more HD channels in my area also. Hopefully they will in the next few months when they finally offer the full TWC lineup in the former Insight Communications area.

It's been less than a month since Time Warner dropped the Insight name from their company and service has not changed from when it was Insight Communications. As I understand it, we have been on Time Warner's network since October 2012. They have went to 8 bonded channels download in my area, if you have a Docsis 3.0 modem that is capable of it. Time Warner has also updated the firmware of my Insight modem that they gave me.

Overall, I'm happy with the reliability of the service and speeds I get. I do notice every once in a while speeds degrade in the evenings but that is on a rare occasion. I have heard bad things about Time Warner but in my area things have not degraded from when it was Insight Communications. We'll see if that changes in the coming months and I will update this review if my service changes.

member for 14.4 years, 6602 visits, last login: a few hours ago