Review by mswares See Profile

• Location: Dumfries,Prince William,VA
Good "Nothing"
Bad "Very poor and unreliable service."
Overall "Don't buy into this service..."

I ordered xfinity blast plus. I was supposed to get >50MB down and 10 up. My normal speed ratings are at 9MB down and 11MB up. I've called on several occasions each time spending AT LEAST 1 hour trying to fix the issue. The speed would be fixed temporarily then in two days or less it would be degraded again. A couple of techs came to the house on a couple of occasions. They replaced the cable to the home and are now charging me for a cable modem that I don't have (I use my own Motorola Surfboard cable modem). Several times a technician was scheduled to come to house and did not show up. The last straw was when they rescheduled a tech (who did not show) and the next day they were not able to locate any ticket or notes saying that a tech was re-scheduled for the 2nd time around.... I've been too patient and have spent too many long hours troubleshooting over the phone with these fools.

Comments:
xQim

join:2003-09-20
·Fairpoint Commun..

Comcast

And this is why I don't want Comcast to merge with TWC. I do have to ask: Is there a local office around where you live? I have TWC and have felt your pain and frustration at times with the 1 hour+ phone calls that result with an individual who can't speak English and nothing gets resolved. However, there is an office about 45 minutes away from my location. I know it seems like a long drive but it is actually quicker to go to the office to dispute charges or fix issues, and to boot, they speak English. Anytime I have an issue, I go to the office. The problem is generally always resolved. Not sure if it is an option for you, but I would scrap the phone calls if you can and go to their office.
JohnShade

join:2009-03-07
Pearland, TX

Connection speed issues

have you tried the Comcast Direct forums on this site. The people there are actual Comcast technicians & enignners. They can check a lot more things than a phone agent. There may be an underlying issue that the phone reps can't see
Tap dancing through the minefields
xQim

join:2003-09-20
·Fairpoint Commun..

From Past Experience....

I agree with the above poster about trying out the Direct Forum. However, judging by your download vs upload speed, I would bet my money that your area is oversubscribed (Surprising, not). I have had this issue before where my download will be about 200Kbps and my upload will be 1Mbps - 5Mbps.

I could be wrong, but if you try a speed test during non peak hours; say 3am (not sure why you would be up unless you're an insomniac like me) and the download is considerably higher, then the problem is oversubscription. Not uncommon.

Hey, at least your upload is faster than mine, although your download is way below. Sorry for you experience. Corporations (Single Person Somehow), don't care about customers. Profits are the most important thing because the CEO making 8 - 9 figures a year simply is not enough money. How would they survive making 50+ million a year? They would be homeless.

Review by madrhino See Profile

• Location: Hyattsville,Prince Georges,MD
Good "reliable-which negates the horrible customer service"
Bad "overpriced,limited Usenet access,absolutly the worst customer service on earth"
Overall "Overpriced.I can get FIOS now.If Comcast doesn't increase the UL BW by March I'm gone"

I used to have Verizon DSL and this is much more reliable.This is important because the customer service is beyond atrocious,it is for all practical purposes non-existent.Email support tells you to call,the call center just tells you they don't know.Then,since most of the clueless CSR's are reading off scripts, they schedule a technician to NOT SHOW UP!!!!!(twice)

Another neg is my upload speed is 384 KB/s(768 available).Most of the surrounding counties have 16/1or2 but evidently my County Executive is taking his graft elsewhere(I think the outgoing Governor and his wife got most of the Comcast bribe budget) because we don't have it and evidently ain't gonna get it anytime soon.

The reliability is awesome though.If the price was more in line with the market I'd probably be a customer for life.But since I can get a faster FIOS connection with unlimited Usenet for less money I really have no choice but to leave in 2 months when my deal is up.

Edit 11-27-07 -I got rid of Comcast in September for 2 reasons

1) They don't seem to be concerned about speeds in my area, even though FIOS is available the most Comcast offers is still 8/768

2)The use of the evil Sandvine program.Sorry guys, if I send legal packets I don't want them being tampered with.

member for 10.4 years, 1837 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
briansgs2

join:2013-04-25

overpriced?

$19/mo for reliable 8 Mbps / 768 Kbps is an awesome deal. You consider that overpriced?

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

said by briansgs2:

Google Fiber: $70/mo for reliable 1000 Mbps / 1000 Mbps.
$0/mo (with one flat installation fee that will cost less for the year than his entire Comcast bill will after that $19 promotional price for 6 months ends) for 5 Mbps / 5 Mbps.

You tell me.

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

Re: overpriced?

I have no such expectation. He asked why that could be considered overpriced, and I answered.
saratoga66

join:2002-08-22
Saratoga, CA

Old Review

The OP said they canceled Comcast almost 6 years ago. I'm not sure why they brought this review back to life. Comments about what happened that long are not really relevant now.
madrhino

join:2004-07-03

Re: Old Review

said by saratoga66:

I switched back to Comcast earlier this year after Verizon left me hanging after an outage.I left a comment 49 days ago noting how much they have improved the customer service,but it is now missing for some unknown reason.
Get Verizon FIOS,The Anti-DIOS
madrhino

join:2004-07-03

I give up

chat id: ffce2012-774f-4baf-a4b2-a957f1f03a4a
Problem: Why don't you criminals allow robocalls to show up and added to the call screening list?%0AI got a call from 9143311884 and like most,it doesn't show up.How much are they paying you?
Girlie > Hello WAYNE_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Girlie. Please give me one moment to review your information.
WAYNE_ > My Issue: Why don't you criminals allow robocalls to show up and added to the call screening list? I got a call from 9143311884 and like most,it doesn't show up.How much are they paying you?
Girlie > I am here to provide you with excellent customer service today. Please be assured I will do my best to help you with your concern.
WAYNE_ > PLease block that #
Girlie > For that we need to activate Nomorobo call.
WAYNE_ > Do it
WAYNE_ > Although it's already been done
Girlie > You have reached the Phone department and our support is limited to troubleshooting phone service. I wil need to transfer you to the Voice2go department who can activate it for you.
WAYNE_ > ok
Girlie > The information you provided me will also be forwarded to them for reference.
Girlie > Will that be okay?
WAYNE_ > yes
Girlie > Thank you. I appreciate it. We are experiencing short wait in our Voice2go Department and you will see a message that says I have “left the room”; however, you will still be connected to the next available Sales agent. Please stay online and connected to the chat for the next agent who will assist you as soon as possible.
Girlie > Thank you for contacting Comcast – we appreciate your continued business.
WAYNE_ > I don't appreciate your crimina activity
Girlie > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
Armando Eleuterio > It is nice to have you on chat, Wayne! I am looking forward to help you with your concern today. Welcome to the Technical Support for Voice2Go
WAYNE_ > right,I know nothing will be doen,
Armando Eleuterio > I'm sorry, but it appears that you want to block or screen a certain number, is that correct?
WAYNE_ > WTF,cant you read?
Armando Eleuterio > I'm sorry, Wayne you just got transferred to me. I feel there's not a need for that harsh word.
WAYNE_ > 9143311884
Armando Eleuterio > I'm just trying to ask you a question and your phone service actually has a call screening without the need to use Nomorobo.
Armando Eleuterio > HAve you not activated your call screening feature yet?
WAYNE_ > I did that 3 days ago,it does not work at stopping these calls
WAYNE_ > Can I get a supervisor please?I've been through this enough times to know you can or wont help
Armando Eleuterio > No worries, I will bring you over to the Digital Voice phone services department for them to assist you in your present concern.
WAYNE_ > Supervisor please
Armando Eleuterio > Please stay online while I transfer your chat to the Digital Voice phone services department. You may see me leave the chat room, but please do wait for the next agent. Thank you for choosing Comcast, where we value your time and business.
Armando Eleuterio > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
WAYNE_ > Yes,e it
Aimee > Welcome to Comcast! How are you today?
WAYNE_ > Not happy
Aimee > I understand that you want to block this number; 9143311884
WAYNE_ > May I please get a supervisor?
Aimee > Let me assist you in blocking this number.
WAYNE_ > Why doesnt it show in the call list?
Aimee > What did you saw when this number called you, Wayne?
WAYNE_ > I said hello,there was no response
WAYNE_ > Why doesnt it show in the list?
Aimee > Because the caller might have enable there Caller ID block, Wayne. That is why.
WAYNE_ > BTW,Nomorobo does not work
WAYNE_ > If they ennabled call block,the # would not show
Aimee > For you not to have this caller go into your number we may proceed in enabling your Anonymous call rejection feature.
WAYNE_ > It's already enabled
WAYNE_ > It's already enabled
Aimee > Oh, Wayne. The nomorobo should be the key then for you not to have this call.
Aimee > The reason as to why Nomorobo doen't work because it is not being enabled in your account.
WAYNE_ > nomorobo does not work,I did that a few days ago
Aimee > I have to transfer to Voice2go for them to assist you in blocking this call, since the you have enabled the Anonymous call rejection already.
WAYNE_ > Clearly you do not want to fix this.I assume Comcast is taking bribes and you work for criminals.
Aimee > Nomorobo must be activated through Voice 2go, which is currently available only on Android and Apple iOS devices via the XFINITY Connect app.
WAYNE_ > OK goodbye.
WAYNE_ > Have a supervisor call me
Aimee > The reason why it didn't work because Nomorobo was not properly activated and set up.
Aimee > For it to work properly I need to connect you to Voice2Go for it to work.
Aimee > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
Marriam > I hope your day is going well. I look forward to helping you today, Wayne.
WAYNE_ > See They are calling back at this moment
Marriam > I hope you did not wait too long in the queue and that your day is going well. This is Bea Marriam. Please allow me two minutes to review your conversation with the previous analyst.
WAYNE_ > Ty
WAYNE_ > They called again while the previous analyst was transferring me to you
Marriam > Thank you for patiently waiting.
WAYNE_ > I'm losing patience
Marriam > Wayne, to confirm, I understand that you want to block a specific number on your home phone number, and you want to screen it entirely, but you want to know that the said number is calling you, right?
WAYNE_ > I just want it to stop!
Marriam > Wayne, I would like to set your expectations that Nomorobo is for blocking all telemarketing calls.
WAYNE_ > ]And for Gods sake,don't tell about nomorobo
WAYNE_ > nomorobo does not work or I wouldn't be getting robocalls
Marriam > I understand that you need to have a phone number blocked and it is being handled by our phone department.
WAYNE_ > ?
Marriam > It is called Cal Screening feature of your Digital Voice service.
WAYNE_ > ?
WAYNE_ > It's been on and does not work
Marriam > As a representative who seek for your satisfaction, I will be glad to connect you directly to my partner in the Phone Technical team to guarantee you that best resolution will be provided.
WAYNE_ > Can you have an American supervisor call me?
Marriam > My sincere apologies for being misrouted to our Department.
Marriam > This should be handled by the previous Department.
WAYNE_ > I'm tired of being transfed
WAYNE_ > Can I have an Anerican supervisor call me or NOT Yes or no,
Marriam > Wayne, for the supervisor, this needs to be under the Department that is specific to your concern which is for your phone service's call screening
WAYNE_ > OK- so you are refusing to have a supervisor call?
Marriam > No, Wayne, I am not refusing to have a supervisor call, we need to have this transferred first to the specific department, in this case our Phone Team to have this addressed. They will be the one who will process the supervisor call. Will that be fine with you?
WAYNE_ > Ty for your incredible lack of help.
WAYNE_ > Have them call.
WAYNE_ > When will that be?
Marriam > Wayne, I can proceed with the transfer now to our Phone Team, then, they can process it for you.
Marriam > I assure you it will be really quick.
WAYNE_ > yeah,I'm sure that will help,until they transfer me to someone else
Marriam > I want to get this fixed as well, Wayne, but since it is only one number that you want to be filtered, we need to have this addressed by our Phone Team. We are from the Voice2go team which handles the calls and text features on your mobile device. And Nomorobo is a feature which blocks ALL telemarketing calls without notifying you that you are being called.
Marriam > For the Digital Voice or phone service, blocking specific number is being handled by them.
WAYNE_ > nomorobo does not work,please have an American supervisor call me
Marriam > Is it okay if I proceed with the transfer to the correct Department? I will be completely noting it on your account for reference.
WAYNE_ > I want a supervisor on the phone,this is beyond ridiculous
WAYNE_ > I've been transferred 5 or 6 times now.It's clear you condone this.Thank you for your time.
Get Verizon FIOS,The Anti-DIOS
bmilone2

join:2001-01-26
Mays Landing, NJ

Re: I give up

WOW, you are rude. Why call the them criminals and bribe takers? I would have hung up on you instead of continuing to try to help you like they did.
JohnShade

join:2009-03-07
Pearland, TX
Do you even understand how the system actually works?? You have to put the number in Call Screening.

Review by chgocolt See Profile

• Location: Chicago,Cook,IL
Good "It's available. TV doesn't go out too often."
Bad "Internet sucks. Not as fast as claimed. QOS is so bad that I had to give up my Voip service."
Overall "Only choose as a last resort. I'm almost ready to jump to DSL and Dish."

6mb down 1mb up + "Power boost" It rarely performs as advertised. My VOIP worked flawlessly on RCN until I moved here and had to get Comcast. QOS is so bad that I had to dump VOIP for POTS lines. Gave Comcast 1 year and 8 service calls to fix. They claim everything is within specs. Most their service guys don't know how to do anything other than cut off the coax plugs and replace them.

___ UPDATE 2014 ____

Ok. Foolish me came back to Comcast after 5 years with U-verse internet & DirecTV.

What they CLAIM they are giving me: ALL the TV channels to 3 HD TV's. (One with DVR that can be viewed on all), ALL channels, 2 - Digital Voice lines and "Extreme" internet (120mbps down, 20mbps up). Wireless Reouter has such bad range I had to buy a booster for it. for the 1st year promo cost of $149.94 + taxes.

What they delivered: The "X1" TV system that freezes up and needs to be rebooted for the 4th time in 3 months. Wildly unstable internet service. The data compression they use will give you false readings on speed test sites. I had faster file transfers with AT&T U-Verse. Digital Voice service that is so unstable that people are asking me to switch to my cell phone for a clearer call.

Customer service response, when you can actually get them, is the usual "reboot your modem/router", "reboot your X1 main DVR." Of course there was no change in the quality of service. Got them on a "chat" session and they claim to have made configuration changes to my router. The voice service is still bad.

It's going to be a VERY long 2 years until this contract is over and I can find a provider who will actual deliver acceptable service. Maybe Google Fiber will open up in Chicago by then.

Comments:
chgocolt
join:2004-07-10
Chicago, IL

Stupid me switched back to Comcast

Another move I regret. Took weeks for them to get my service moved. Almost lost my phone numbers in the port process. It took 3 attempts to get the port to complete.

The phone service itself is horrible. I have at least two to three times a day when the conversations are so garbled that you just give up.

The internet service is inconsistent. Some days I'll have 150mbps down and 20 mbps up. Other days like today, it freezes constantly. I watch my it stop and start every 5 seconds. (This is a WIRED connection to the Comcast router.) The wireless service from the router won't reach my kitchen. This is the only router I've ever had issues with here in 10 years.

Since installation in June, I have had 3 service outages. Nice when you're trying to work from home.

Customer service? Forget it. Endless circles of phone trees. If you're lucky enough to get a person, they transfer you back to the phone tree.

I got suckered in by a bargain price. The sour taste of the bad service will remain long after the sweet taste of a bargain has faded. I'm counting the days until my contract ends. Hopefully Google Fiber will be in Chicago by then!

Review by Immer See Profile

• Location: Grovetown,Columbia,GA
Good "The internet connection is reliable. HD Channels meet my needs."
Bad "Technical support, Customer service"
Overall "If they are the only option in town, there is no choice but to lower your expectaions of service beyond an internet connection."

9/17/2014: We paid an electrician to re-stub the house and the install was corrected after another visit from COMCAST. We've had intermittent problems during the day. Yesterday all signal disappeared from the house (cable and internet). After a day of my wife dealing with telephone customer service (to no avail) we are finished with COMCAST. At one point when my wife asked for a way to lodge a formal complaint regarding the customer service, the tech gave my wife a bogus phone number to call. We will be moving to AT&T U-Verse this week.

I built a new house and had to switch back to Comcast. Their new Xfinity modem/router is a nice upgrade since the last time I was a customer. Their new cable boxes are also a solid upgrade in most features (I do miss the instant "last channel" button. Now I have to use a menu). The connection is more reliable, but the speeds during the day don't match what was advertised or what we are paying for.

The local Comcast also chops up a great deal of local advertising. I don't pay for advertisement, so I don't know if the 5~8 seconds of commercials that are being played and then swapped to a different commercial are billed at full price. It is a very common occurrence, so buyers beware. This comment was part of my original review, and remains. I see at least one commercial chopped to only 5~10 seconds each day. Again, I don't pay for advertisement, and I don't know if someone is getting a free 5 seconds or cheated out of 25, but as a viewer it is annoying.

The installation team, the wire burial team, and the telephone customer service teams are completely out of sync and horrible to try to work with to get a repair, troubleshooting, or to think through a problem with. We had one very nice tech come to the house to install wire and an extra grounding wire, only to have the burial team (2nd visit) remove the grounding wire, shorten the coax line, and bury a line that was never grounded. The next install guy (3rd visit) cut the buried line, laid completely new coax and chose a completely different approach to grounding the connection. All of which has yet to be buried (will require 1 possibly 2 more visits) and the telephone customer service is utterly useless. They only "add notes to the ticket" and argue against you when you ask for a supervisor, even going so far as pretending none is around. After waiting on the line for 20-40 minutes, that implies extremely long coffee/bathroom breaks, or a refusal to serve the customer. My vote is for the latter. If there was ANYONE else in my neighborhood... fIOS, WoW, ATT, we'd switch.

member for 4.8 years, 1707 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
netwerp

join:2010-12-10
Evans, GA
·AT&T DSL Service

Comcast customer service

I know it's a pain, but try this and assert your position as a paying customer (you certainly pay enough!):

First, keep notes with date and time for each change. Write down the ID of the customer service person. Record the phone conversation if practical, but the notes are best. Note the times when you call, (you will be but on hold) the time when answered, the times when you are switched to another, (on hold again) each time you talk to a customer service person and when they put you on hold.

If there is resistance from the c.s. person, be assertive; it's better not to threaten. But if you feel you must threaten, let them know your options (and then follow through if necessary): you are recording all conversations (if so), you will report dissatisfaction to various agencies: (Grovetown if they control any franchise), County, State Attorney General, etc. You can also call their sales line and complain to them. Find a corporate link to the CEO, CFO, CTO; send him (them) email. Publish results here, facebook, twitter. Talk to or send email to state and national political representatives, senators.

Finally if you know someone personally who is empowered, tell them your dissatisfactions.

My experience with comcast: they don't pay attention to their online reporting system unless when it means they can charge you more money. I have filled out user requests to not phone me and not send me email when my kids push the bandwidth allocation over the limit. I don't care because the price is still competitive - until the bill reaches a certain limit and then I will research and consider my options.

It's not enough that comast is the largest ISP, they want to gobble up Time-Warner, too. Corporations tend to follow the morality of their founders, regardless of what they say. The founder of comcast is quoted as saying something to the effect that charging for cable TV is like taking candy from a baby. If that doesn't convince you then look up "Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy" (try Wikipedia).

Review by teddystacker See Profile

• Location: Philadelphia,Philadelphia,PA
Good "Speed"
Bad "Price , Arrogance of the provider , number of outages"
Overall "Poor customer service , way over priced"

Even in 2009 the number of outages were Six for the year - Totally Unacceptable in this day and age and the main reason I would not even consider their "Digital voice" service.
Customer service as poor as ever.You cannot even call your local office to see if they have a DVR in stock , if you need to swap out a faulty one.You have to stand in line for 25 mins , only to be told they do not have one - crazy when you are paying these guys $150+ a month...

Price - when your paying more to Comcast than you do for your car payment each month , then you know its time to look for a change.

Comcast have had my business for many , many years now , but we are looking for a change , how much worse could Verizon actually be?.

Edit Dec 20212

I still dislike Comcast , but still no other decent ISP here in Philly , so I wait for FIOS , Comcast you are too Expensive and still way to many outages each year..

Edit 2014:

Still dislike Comcast with a passion , still waiting for FIOS - This company just gets bigger by the day , and their prices get higher and their service poorer. Do NOT signup for Comcast unless you really have to - be warned!

member for 12.9 years, 2066 visits, last login: 1 days ago

Comments:

VerizonisCra

@74.98.34.x

-1 recommendation

Verizon not any better

Six outages in a year, I would be thrilled!!! I have more than that in a day with Verizon. If the damn politicians really cared they would do something about this duopoly of high cost and low, low quality. But they don't because they are paid off by these scum companies. Fortunately I switch my TV from Comacast to Dish seven years ago and I've received nothing but good service (I've had to call for service du to a lightening strike and an outside connector that went bad after seven years). Now if I could only have such a choice for Internet and voice.

teddystacker

join:2001-12-08
Philadelphia, PA

Re: Verizon not any better

Update Oct 2014. Still very much dislike Comcast , All these years and their customer service is nothing short of BAD. and the prices keep increasing , still feel ripped off every month. IF you have a choice people, shop somewhere else..

Review by sanka See Profile

• Location: Spring,Montgomery,TX
Good "reliable"
Bad "Exorbidant"
Overall "top of the heap"

This is a followup to a review I posted a few years ago as SANKA. I was
prompted to review our ISP and VOIP after trying to run a SpeedTest. I now
have a MacMini and evidently no Flash no Java no speedtest. Who knew?

Hi, Vonage is a placeholder for my 25 yr old land-line phone number. The
phone rings occasionally and works fine for about $12/mo.
Comcast ISP had been providing 25up and 5down as advertised, with no
troubles for 3 yrs, until the past weekend; 6-7 Sep 2014, just a trickle of
internet and Mon it came back slowly and then went on a tear; 85down, 12up.
Presently we're back to 30/4. Comcast boosted download from 10 to 25 a yr
ago, but I had to add basic cable and paid an extra $10/mo. Ttl = $85 now
and the cable box isn't hooked up. I tried Uverse when we moved to Houston
from Detroit 3 yrs ago and it didn't work out, for whatever reason. We had
decent service from Comcast ISP for 8 yrs in Pontiac, Mi. They scare me,
but I don't think I have any better options. Do you? Have a good one.

Comments:

Review by camper See Profile

• Location: Bethel,Fairfield,CT
Good "HSI service is very good, albeit expensive"
Bad "customer service is really poor"
Overall "I always hope nothing goes wrong as customer service is more destructive than helpful"

I've had Comcast as my ISP for about nine years now, as TV provider since well before Comcast came to town (going back to the TelePrompTer days). I moved to Comcast HSI from DSL. I have the "25mbps Performance Service" along with Digital Starter Service for my TV. The $135 price includes both of those services. The HSI portion is $54. I own the modem and I did the modem install myself.

The HSI service had been excellently reliable (even the IPv6 /60 prefix delegation). I do run my own caching recursive DNS server, so I am not affected by Comcast's DNS issues.

My experiences with Customer Service have been very poor, with a rare (very rare) ray of sunshine when I happen to talk with someone who is more interested in helping me than closing a trouble ticket or upselling me.

I have had a representative just hang up on me. I have had email Customer Support conversations just stop, waiting for a Comcast resolution that never happens. I have gotten bad and/or incorrect technical information from Customer Support.

On the plus side, any time a tech has visited my house, that has always been a very positive experience. Comcast Danbury seems to employ very good customer-facing techs.

Overall, currently I would rate Comcast's ISP service as "very good, but expensive".

The comcast.com website is ridiculous. Very little it shows to me regarding upgrade options makes sense. Even though I tell the site I am a current customer, it shows me offers suitable only for new customers. Maybe Comcast is trying to tell me that they want me to leave them? I wish I knew....

[update: 2014-09-10 - various updates to fix typos and clarify what I said]

member for 4.6 years, 1711 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by sdm1031 See Profile

• Location: Burlington,Burlington,NJ
Good "When it works it's great"
Bad "Overpriced. Slow internet. Indian call centers. Horrible tech support."
Overall "If it weren't for the fact they are borderline a monopoly and I have no other choice, I'd have left their asses many years ago."

I've been with Comcast since Comcast first came about. Way back in the day when cable modem technology was the new thing, I was on Garden State Cable in NJ and the cable provider was @Home if we can all remember those days. Comcast rolled into the area and bought everything up like most monopolies do. So by default I was with them since the beginning. In South Jersey there is no real option besides DirectTV and if you are lucky, FIOS through Verizon. I am no so lucky because that's only in certain towns / areas. If I had the ability to leave Comcast I would have many years ago. Their tech support staff is horrid. Back in the day you would at least get to speak to an American. Now it's blatantly obvious you are dealing with a call center in India. They are of no help at all. You get the normal run around about unplugging your modem, etc when we all know that's no solution. I've worked IT for many years and I can tell you right now, in my personal experience, the problems are generally from something they've done on their end. You sit on the phone for 30 mins while they run through their ordeal of unplugging and plugging in your modem. Hard resetting. All the things you know are not going to solve your problem only to have them schedule a tech to come to your house. That requires taking off work, and for what? A problem that was their fault all along. I'm mostly speaking about my most recent issues with them pushing firmware changes to my cable modem (purchased BY me mind you) and it breaking my connectivity. I could go on for days about my issues with Comcast's internet service. When it works, it's great. 20Mbit/sec is a decent speed but not for the price. These days, with Google, and people trying to compete with Google, the price is outlandish. I pay $170 a month and all I get is basic cable with some premium channels such as science, discovery, etc. I have two cable boxes and internet. That's an absurd price in my opinion but they know they can get it from me because there is no alternative where I live. I couldn't even get Direct TV if I wanted (not that I would) because I'm an apartment dweller and we are not allowed. So the monopoly that is Concastic steals that 170 a month off me knowing full well I have no real choice but to pay it. I could go on forever about how disappointed I am with Comcast, but would all the complaining really help? No. It's just a bunch of self serving venting while I sit here using my phone for internet service because my Comcast is down once again due to yet another firmware push by them. Thanks Comcast.

member for 1 year, 17 visits, last login: 72 days ago

Comments:

Review by Chuck66 See Profile

• Location: Mount Royal,Gloucester,NJ
Good "Fast, Fast"
Bad "Comcast support is awful"
Overall "It's my only choise for boradband service"

·Callcentric
Had a ton of random disconnects and packet loss when we first moved in to this new development. Myself and another neighbor lead a development wide assault on Comcast support. It was determined that our node was saturated and they scheduled us to be put on out node. Suprised the work was completed quickly and we couldn't be more happier. Our service it pretty rock solid and fast

member for 10.5 years, 2047 visits, last login: 1 days ago

Comments:

Review by IceCuban See Profile

• Location: Stockton,San Joaquin,CA
Good "Fast"
Bad "Disconnects often"
Overall "Unreliable"

While my Comcast connection may be fast it disconnects very often. For about a year it disconnected several times a week and in the past six months it has gotten worse; at one point I was being disconnected at least once an hour. I would also go from having 3 upstream channels to 1 after a disconnection. My problem is a very noisy upstream signal, it’s nearly always at 57dbmv. After about four phone calls to Comcast support (it took four calls because they kept disconnecting me, I should have figured) someone made a simple adjustment that seemed to fix everything, temporarily. Since that phone call I have only one 1 upstream channel and I get shorter disconnections, but they still occur, just not as frequently. Download and upload speeds have remained unchanged, but they’re both pretty useless when you have to start a download or upload over again. I’m currently submitting this over my phone because my Comcast connection is down once again.

member for 10.3 years, 3040 visits, last login: a few hours ago