Review by jgalvin9 See Profile

• Location: Vero Beach,Indian River,FL
Bad "I hate Comcast. The connection sucks. It goes up and down, and there are outages all the time. Tech support has no clue!!!"

Comments:

Review by BlueC See Profile

• Location: Hopkins,Hennepin,MN
Good "Decent speeds compared to the ILEC provider"
Bad "Horrific internal coordination between sales and provisioning, rude tech support depending on who you get, it's a mess of staff"
Overall "Good lord..."

·Integra Telecom
The fact that Comcast Business sales never disclosed that you are required to lease their modem if you want to lease a static IP address, shows they have poor communication to start. Perhaps you can ask the sales rep for some sort of credit due to the miscommunication? Nope, they're done with you, have to call a different department to request that (after another department just told you to contact your sales rep for a credit request).

Once you do get their leased modem (did I mention it is $13/mo to lease?), pray it works appropriately from the start. Otherwise you will have to schedule another technician visit because they do not allow you to do a self-install, even with simply swapping out modems. Talk about efficiency.

Issues with the static IP? Be prepared to jump through hoops. Their support team will tell you one thing one day, and something different the next. There's no consistency. You have to cycle through tech support agents to request an escalation (if they even let you), and then pray it gets to the right person.

Latency isn't all that great for a business class service. If only there was better coverage with FTTB/FTTH providers, Fiber/Ethernet will always perform better than DOCSIS. No hassle dealing with unreliable DOCSIS modems.

What a mess.

Comments:

Review by yopoman See Profile

• Location: Hollywood,Broward,FL
Good "I do get a connection most of the time"
Bad "I am paying for 50 Mbps down, I get 1-2 Mbps down on a good day. "
Overall "Comcast is throttling me and capping me despite their contract terms. "

I am paying for Comcast "BLAST" 50 Mbps down internet. I use my own router (Linksys E3200) and modem (Motorola SB6121 DCS3.0). I am paying for 50 Mbps down, I get 1-2 Mbps down on a good day. I have called Comcast customer service 20 times in the past 3 months to try and get my speed unthrottled, or at least to 50% of advertised, they always say "it's fixed, it should work now" and it never gets above 8 Mbps. It is usually below 2 Mbps down, which is pathetic and frustrating. If you can avoid this ISP, I recommend it. Comcast is terrible and their "tech support" doesn't even understand their own services, technology, plans OR policies. Terrible.

Comments:
RobotNixon

join:2014-11-08
Highland, MD

same problem

I'm having the same problem with the same package and have been having it for months, called for my 10th time today. When I called last and said the words "you are throttling my upload", it magically got fixed the next day and was good for less than a week. Funniest thing is I'm in Maryland.

No Throttling

Comcast is NOT throttling you. You either have a provisioning issue or line/signal issues that need to be addressed. I suggest you post over the Comcast help forums at this site so the members can help diagnose your problems.

ccsucks

@75.151.40.x

Re: No Throttling

they also block port 25 only to admit it years later. Comcast is an Extortionist! They double dip and blackmail. Ask Youtube! We are paying for bandwidth and there is no way we are getting it. They hide and lie. Pass Net Neutrality!

tigerpaw509

join:2011-01-19

My Service

You need a technician visit.

Cumcast

@73.171.248.x

Re: My Service

Not bad if you have 50 meg service but if not this sucks. I think you are the one that needs the tech visits from a doctor.
said by tigerpaw509:

You need a technician visit.

Review by RobotNixon See Profile

• Location: Highland,Howard,MD
Good "When it is actually working, it runs very fast."
Bad "Pretty sure my upload gets throttled to the point where i cant use VOIP"
Overall "If you like doing things besides browsing facebook, stay clear"

So I went from living at my own place with FiOS in College Park (with no issues) to living with my parents until I find a job in August. They have comcast, when I first moved in there was serious upstream issues with no download issues. So I called on behalf of my parents (they don't notice the 90% packet loss because they dont use upload all that much), and after talking to five different people who instead of listening to my issue just reset the router over and over, Finally got an appointment schedules for a technician to come out a week later. He came out, replaced the modem but the problem persisted. So i call comcast again, get patronized by another 5 drones who restart my modem and tell me to clear my cookies and finally talk to a networking person who actually knows what they are talking about. I told him my speed test results (17ms ping, 85mpbs download and a times out upload), he sent a maintenance because apparently there was noise on the upstream line. In all, by the time the issue was resolved and the line was fixed it took two weeks of not being able to use VOIP, play any games, use skype or anything requiring upload. Now, several months later it is happening again and even with the confirmation numbers of my previous visits, no one in their support can find a record of me having an issue. I called them 4 hours ago with 50% packet loss up, and threatened to cancel service and go to FiOS, and now my upstream connection is working just fine. That shows me they are probably throttling upload speeds. I strongly recommend choosing another ISP over comcast, Worst customer service and reliability I have ever experienced.

Comments:

Review by nathill See Profile

• Location: Bloomington,Monroe,IN
Good "Service has been reliable for years"
Bad "FINALLY answered their phone, problem solved (I think)"
Overall "Nothing is easy at XFINITY"

UPDATE:

XFINITY decided to finally answer their phone.
Kendra did a magnificent job in straightening it all out.
Apparently, somebody had the idea to charge me for the Silicon Dust tuner (Cable Card) as a DVR.
She fixed the problem, and now we're good to go!

THANKS KENDRA!

Latest story now goes like this. Got my cable card (Silicon Dust) installed one year ago after hours wasted on the phone with Comcast "tech support." I have to admit that it has worked flawlessly ever since.

Now they want to charge me $17.45 for "additional outlet or DTA equipment." I thought cable cards were supposed to be free?

I am trying to figure out what the heck the new charge is for, but they refuse to answer the phone.
I have called XFINITY four times in the last half hour. They promise to call me back in a minute or two, which they do, then they immediately hang up on me.

I HATE $%^&* COMCAST. How can ANYBODY run a business like this?
And they want to merge and get bigger. HELP!

I am not normally a lunatic, but this company has driven me to the point of absolute rage.

Comments:
saratoga66

Saratoga, CA

Which number are you calling?

Have you tried calling Comcast dedicated Cable Card activation number instead of regular customer service? If not you should easily be able to find the number with the help of Google.

If these cards are for Tivo's you can also call Tivo support and they will do a 3 way call between them, Comcast and you.

You might also have bad cards. I have activated cable cards an 2 different houses. The first time I decided to pick one up myself but never could get it to activate. I finally had Comcast come out and they had to replace the card. The second house I needed multiple cards so decided to skip the self install and have Comcast do it. The tech brought in a stack of cards and said he usually has to try a few cards to get a working one.
nathill

join:2004-05-03
Bloomington, IN

Re: Which number are you calling?

I will try to Google a direct number. My first two calls were to Customer Service, who incorrectly routed me over to video activation, then finally routed me to cable card activation. That took an hour. The cable card guy got it authenticate, but not activate.
I'll let you know how I get along. Sounds like good advice.........

Got through after a mere 18 minute wait. Got in touch with a really nice lady, and I THINK we're good to go.
total time invested almost two hours. How hard would it be for Comcast to have a phone system that gives you options instead of making you wade through person after person to end up where you need to be? Is it the consumer's job to find the direct number for cable card activation?
My original position still stands.
Comcast assigns NO value to my time.

I must admit, your advice was great. Should not have been necessary, but it was great.

Review by Zenit See Profile

• Location: Purcellville,Loudoun,VA
Good "Fast & Reliable Connection, Good Digital Voice, X1 DVR has a slick UI"
Bad "Technical Support & Billing is beyond helpless. Any time your on the phone w CC expect 2+hrs of run around"
Overall "What choice? Comcast is the only provider offering 21st century speeds for anyone stuck in a VZ Non-FIOS area. "

·Verizon Online DSL
//Decided to rewrite the review as the old one was too lengthy//

We have had service for quite a while now (since 2011).

Package: "Starter XF Triple Play" - Performance Internet, Unlimited phone, 200something channels of HDTV.
Negotiated Details: HD Fee no longer assessed, free DVR.
Equipment: Arris TM722G (Leased, original from 2011), X1 DVR (installed July 2014, replaced plain Moto HD box) - Total Cost is $8.

Reliability has been very good, service outages have been very rare and only last for short periods of time. The longest outage was in the middle of the night but resolved before the next morning. Speeds are consistent - over the past years Comcast has increased the speed of Performance from 25mbps down to 30mbps down in this market. Digital Voice works well and has voice quality as clear as a POTS line. The added bonus Xfinity Connect app for iPhone or Android lets you take your landline with you anywhere, and use it or a second freebie number anywhere (great if there is no reception but wifi is available).

TV service is fine. Some channels have obviously better HD picture quality than others, it comes down to the amount of compression. The X1 DVR is the star of the TV product and its a nice DVR, very slick GUI, the automatic recording features and program search functionality work flawlessly. Note - we do not use the whole home functionality, only one cable box in this house.

Now, the problem with Comcast's service is entirely with Corporate. Support and Billing lack training and do not put the customer first - you will spend hours on the phone for a minor issue, and chances are the CSR will just screw up more than they will fix. The only people with real power to resolve billing issues seems to be the Retention department. Calling Retentions is the only way to keep the promotional rate.

As an example of how customer hostile Comcast's CSRs can be, I give you this gem of a quote:
"I'm sorry but promotions are intended as an incentive to allow new customers to experience the Comcast service for the first time and not intended as lifelong service reductions. It is our deepest hope that once the value of the Comcast service is experienced, the services that other companies offer will be less desirable."

...your service would be a hell of a lot less desirable if Verizon actually bothered to build out FTTP as they are legally required by franchise here, Mr. All-knowing Comcast agent. You have me by the balls for anything faster than 3mbit, this is not a pleasant experience. I would not be chasing promotional rates if you offered your services at a decent price! Your promotional rate SHOULD be the price, period. They offered me 3mbit for $99. I laughed.

Moral of the story: Totally ignore web chat support. Ignore phone support beyond the retentions department. I miss direct support here on DSLR very much, it was a massive error of Comcast to end it. That was the only place you could get actual help. Today? No more.

Techs - Contractors are absolutely useless. Every one I have encountered seeks to do the minimum amount of work to label the job as completed. Our initial install in 2011 was done by a Contractor and was totally unimpressive. He refused to run a quick line into the upstairs office as it would take "too much time" (negotiated at ordering time). As a result, he left the gateway modem in the living room far away from the ethernet-only PC's.

I ended up using a long coax cord to get the modem into the office, and I found out what a pile of junk the SMC gateway was. Called for a 2nd tech to come and complete the install. The 2nd tech was a Comcast in-house tech whom has been with them since the Adelphia->Comcast transition. He was great, ran the line to the office through the attic in 20 minutes, and supplied me with the Arris TM722G EMTA which has not failed after terabytes of data have been pushed through it.
The X1 Install tech (also in-house) did a good job as well, and was friendly. I could tell he was in a time crunch, as he could not replace the undersized house box with a larger one. So I ended up pulling a Verizon and placing a trash bag over it to protect the amp.

It is clear that Comcast specifies rapid job completion over neatness of work - this is a problem that they should seek to resolve. A little bit more time allocated to the techs will make a world of a difference.

Conclusion:

The service works. The HSI quality is above average and makes DSL look ancient. Their support is torture.
They are my only real choice and they know it.

member for 2.6 years, 794 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Comcast crap

@50.172.65.x

Comcast is crap

Comcast is the worst ever,never had to deal with such a bunch of morons in my life ,no communication within the company ,service is crap!,do yourself a favor don't ever get comcast anything

mzpammie56

@69.254.217.x

Billing issue

In April, I became a subscriber. Received bill. Many excess charges. contacted customer service for help. Talked with a rep who informed me that adjustments would be made. A new bill would be sent out in a couple of days.

By the way I was told the conversation would be recorded.It wasn't. I was given assurance that a new bill would reflect the changes.

On May 7, a new bill did arrive. Showing no adjustments. Same Amount for April. However May bill is only $75.17. Maybe this is reflecting adjustments. Then I called to speak with a rep about previous bill and she promptly informed me that no adjustment had been made. There was no record of my conversation with a CSR in April.

I spent about 30 minutes attempting to solve the issue for previous months bill all to no avail.believe me I know that the rep is only following rules, but why do they give false information. If the first guy couldn't make the necessary adjustments why not just say so.

I intended to discontinue the internet service in April after being given misleading information. The rep assured me that it would be straightened out and a new bill sent out. prompting me to keep the internet. Had I known it would only get higher, trust me, I would have ended this service sooner.

therefore, subscribers beware! That's all I got to say about that.Looking for a trustworthy internet service. where integrity still reigns.

Zenit

join:2012-05-07
Purcellville, VA

Re: Billing issue

I know your a guest...but try to get a hold of Direct Support here. Sign up for a DSLReports account.

Direct Support is the only way to get any help from Comcast. They are terrible indeed, but when my only alternative is 3mbit DSL from another bunch of lying crooks (Verizon) what can I do? :/
'
Most of these ISPs in the USA dont have any integrity, their only concern is how much money they can make. Keep that in mind.
sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
·Vonage
Check with you state laws.. Here in AZ.. It's a one party notification when it comes to recording phone calls.. I'm the only party that needs to be notified when I'm recording myself talking to lawyers, insurance companies, and other shady people like cable companies.

A lot of states are one party notification.
wmdwhitt

join:2006-11-27
Woodbridge, VA

Customers should know that isn't how it is supposed to look.

You should know a cable box shouldn't look like that. You as the customer have to hold the tech's and company's feet to the fire. If you are not happy with service, escalate it. Comcast will send tech's out.

Zenit

join:2012-05-07
Purcellville, VA
·Verizon Online DSL

Re: Customers should know that isn't how it is supposed to look.

I am aware that its very sloppy work, hence the jokes in the review directed at Verizon for using trash bags to "repair" their ancient copper network that they have lovingly abandoned. (I am the one who put the trash bag up, as the box was literally dangling open)

The reason I have not bothered to complain to Comcast is that its now much more difficult to even deal with them than it was in the past. Direct Support is gone. Even minor billing things take hours on the phone to get resolved.

The company has a very major support problem that they have done too little to resolve, but being a monopoly in many places they don't care.

I just don't have the time to bother sitting around all day for a Comcast tech to put a new house box up (or show up and say its fine)...so I will do it myself whenever I get around to it. There are plenty of sites selling the larger boxes for about $19 which is reasonable.

Review by Myu See Profile

• Location: Denver,Adams,CO
Good "When it works it is fast."
Bad "Support is extremely poor. Connection stability is very poor, disconnects several times a day."
Overall "Starting to consider other options for internet."

Fast internet is one forth of what I care about. My biggest concern is stability. Comcast does not have that. The service will disconnect several times in the day. Then their customer service is trained to always say it is customer equipment. Then to further make things frustrating the support for Comcast, none of them know a damn thing about networking. It takes hours of being transferred over and over and lower levels of support trying to argue with you saying it is your equipment. Eventually getting escalated to someone who understands basic things like what a DHCP is and why it is relevant for connectivity and diagnosting the correct issue with the Comcast equipment to fix it.

My advice is whatever equipment you get, make sure it logs. You are going to need those logs to prove what is happening when you have issues. Without that Comcast will try to brush you off. Their support is not helpful at all in helping you troubleshoot and will just have you reboot and then say it is your fault whatever is happening is happening. Make sure you have a good grasp for networking and troubleshooting because you will get zero help and have to fight uphill.

Comments:

NoComcast

@24.60.171.x

Comcast/ Xfinity internet stability is horrendous

Xfinity/ Comcast has (at best) Inconsistent Customer Service, Technical Support, and Internet Connectivity. A helpful experience with them is truly the Exception, and not the rule.

My Connection is not working- as in, completely disconnected more than connected. When it is connected, it is very poor, and sometimes has bursts of speed to 6 mps- Now, understand here- usually there is nada. Zip, Zero. Also understand, that the subscription is for 100Mbps. Absolutely pathetic.
I get a consistent 2.5 from Verizon Wireless on 4G LTE that blows away Xfinity/ Comcast on Every level.

Furthermore- they lie. Flat out lie, overcharge, lie some more and then after you cancel, send you to collections for money you actually do not owe them. A class action suit will eventually come from all of this... just a matter of time. Bottom line- They are the worst ISP out there.

Review by RustyDonut See Profile

• Location: Boston,Suffolk,MA
Good "Fast and reliable, No Caps"
Bad "A little pricey if you ask me. (contract)"
Overall "You get what is advertised in service, But its fairly overpriced. "

I have had the performance tier internet for about 10 months. It was part of a promotion $30 (2-yr contract) for 25/5. The entire installation took less than an hour. No equpment was supplied, I used my own modem and router. I'm no idiot. Buying my own modem has saved me enough money that it already paid for itself. The service is fast and reliable with fast latency (16 ms ping for youtube). Almost at all times, the speed is a little above 25/5. I probably only get a small hiccup in the service once a week. Still Comcast is a monopoly in Boston. The greedy f**ks sure use this to their advantage and charge fairly unreasonable prices for the service they give. I also dont like the vibe they give off. "xfinity!! its amazing!!!!!!!" they must think their customers are idiots who only react to ads intended for the lowest common denominator.

Still what choice do you have if you want the fast residential internet in boston? As this image wonderfully illustrates:

»polarvortextech.files.wordpress.···4902.png

Comments:

Review by mswares See Profile

• Location: Dumfries,Prince William,VA
Good "Nothing"
Bad "Very poor and unreliable service."
Overall "Don't buy into this service..."

I ordered xfinity blast plus. I was supposed to get >50MB down and 10 up. My normal speed ratings are at 9MB down and 11MB up. I've called on several occasions each time spending AT LEAST 1 hour trying to fix the issue. The speed would be fixed temporarily then in two days or less it would be degraded again. A couple of techs came to the house on a couple of occasions. They replaced the cable to the home and are now charging me for a cable modem that I don't have (I use my own Motorola Surfboard cable modem). Several times a technician was scheduled to come to house and did not show up. The last straw was when they rescheduled a tech (who did not show) and the next day they were not able to locate any ticket or notes saying that a tech was re-scheduled for the 2nd time around.... I've been too patient and have spent too many long hours troubleshooting over the phone with these fools.

Comments:
xQim

join:2003-09-20
·Fairpoint Commun..

Comcast

And this is why I don't want Comcast to merge with TWC. I do have to ask: Is there a local office around where you live? I have TWC and have felt your pain and frustration at times with the 1 hour+ phone calls that result with an individual who can't speak English and nothing gets resolved. However, there is an office about 45 minutes away from my location. I know it seems like a long drive but it is actually quicker to go to the office to dispute charges or fix issues, and to boot, they speak English. Anytime I have an issue, I go to the office. The problem is generally always resolved. Not sure if it is an option for you, but I would scrap the phone calls if you can and go to their office.
JohnShade

join:2009-03-07
Pearland, TX

Connection speed issues

have you tried the Comcast Direct forums on this site. The people there are actual Comcast technicians & enignners. They can check a lot more things than a phone agent. There may be an underlying issue that the phone reps can't see
Tap dancing through the minefields
xQim

join:2003-09-20
·Fairpoint Commun..

From Past Experience....

I agree with the above poster about trying out the Direct Forum. However, judging by your download vs upload speed, I would bet my money that your area is oversubscribed (Surprising, not). I have had this issue before where my download will be about 200Kbps and my upload will be 1Mbps - 5Mbps.

I could be wrong, but if you try a speed test during non peak hours; say 3am (not sure why you would be up unless you're an insomniac like me) and the download is considerably higher, then the problem is oversubscription. Not uncommon.

Hey, at least your upload is faster than mine, although your download is way below. Sorry for you experience. Corporations (Single Person Somehow), don't care about customers. Profits are the most important thing because the CEO making 8 - 9 figures a year simply is not enough money. How would they survive making 50+ million a year? They would be homeless.

Review by madrhino See Profile

• Location: Hyattsville,Prince Georges,MD
Good "reliable-which negates the horrible customer service"
Bad "overpriced,limited Usenet access,absolutly the worst customer service on earth"
Overall "Overpriced.I can get FIOS now.If Comcast doesn't increase the UL BW by March I'm gone"

I used to have Verizon DSL and this is much more reliable.This is important because the customer service is beyond atrocious,it is for all practical purposes non-existent.Email support tells you to call,the call center just tells you they don't know.Then,since most of the clueless CSR's are reading off scripts, they schedule a technician to NOT SHOW UP!!!!!(twice)

Another neg is my upload speed is 384 KB/s(768 available).Most of the surrounding counties have 16/1or2 but evidently my County Executive is taking his graft elsewhere(I think the outgoing Governor and his wife got most of the Comcast bribe budget) because we don't have it and evidently ain't gonna get it anytime soon.

The reliability is awesome though.If the price was more in line with the market I'd probably be a customer for life.But since I can get a faster FIOS connection with unlimited Usenet for less money I really have no choice but to leave in 2 months when my deal is up.

Edit 11-27-07 -I got rid of Comcast in September for 2 reasons

1) They don't seem to be concerned about speeds in my area, even though FIOS is available the most Comcast offers is still 8/768

2)The use of the evil Sandvine program.Sorry guys, if I send legal packets I don't want them being tampered with.

Comments:
briansgs2

join:2013-04-25

overpriced?

$19/mo for reliable 8 Mbps / 768 Kbps is an awesome deal. You consider that overpriced?

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

said by briansgs2:

Google Fiber: $70/mo for reliable 1000 Mbps / 1000 Mbps.
$0/mo (with one flat installation fee that will cost less for the year than his entire Comcast bill will after that $19 promotional price for 6 months ends) for 5 Mbps / 5 Mbps.

You tell me.

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

Re: overpriced?

I have no such expectation. He asked why that could be considered overpriced, and I answered.

Old Review

The OP said they canceled Comcast almost 6 years ago. I'm not sure why they brought this review back to life. Comments about what happened that long are not really relevant now.
madrhino

join:2004-07-03

Re: Old Review

said by saratoga66:

I switched back to Comcast earlier this year after Verizon left me hanging after an outage.I left a comment 49 days ago noting how much they have improved the customer service,but it is now missing for some unknown reason.
Get Verizon FIOS,The Anti-DIOS
madrhino

join:2004-07-03

I give up

chat id: ffce2012-774f-4baf-a4b2-a957f1f03a4a
Problem: Why don't you criminals allow robocalls to show up and added to the call screening list?%0AI got a call from 9143311884 and like most,it doesn't show up.How much are they paying you?
Girlie > Hello WAYNE_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Girlie. Please give me one moment to review your information.
WAYNE_ > My Issue: Why don't you criminals allow robocalls to show up and added to the call screening list? I got a call from 9143311884 and like most,it doesn't show up.How much are they paying you?
Girlie > I am here to provide you with excellent customer service today. Please be assured I will do my best to help you with your concern.
WAYNE_ > PLease block that #
Girlie > For that we need to activate Nomorobo call.
WAYNE_ > Do it
WAYNE_ > Although it's already been done
Girlie > You have reached the Phone department and our support is limited to troubleshooting phone service. I wil need to transfer you to the Voice2go department who can activate it for you.
WAYNE_ > ok
Girlie > The information you provided me will also be forwarded to them for reference.
Girlie > Will that be okay?
WAYNE_ > yes
Girlie > Thank you. I appreciate it. We are experiencing short wait in our Voice2go Department and you will see a message that says I have “left the room”; however, you will still be connected to the next available Sales agent. Please stay online and connected to the chat for the next agent who will assist you as soon as possible.
Girlie > Thank you for contacting Comcast – we appreciate your continued business.
WAYNE_ > I don't appreciate your crimina activity
Girlie > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
Armando Eleuterio > It is nice to have you on chat, Wayne! I am looking forward to help you with your concern today. Welcome to the Technical Support for Voice2Go
WAYNE_ > right,I know nothing will be doen,
Armando Eleuterio > I'm sorry, but it appears that you want to block or screen a certain number, is that correct?
WAYNE_ > WTF,cant you read?
Armando Eleuterio > I'm sorry, Wayne you just got transferred to me. I feel there's not a need for that harsh word.
WAYNE_ > 9143311884
Armando Eleuterio > I'm just trying to ask you a question and your phone service actually has a call screening without the need to use Nomorobo.
Armando Eleuterio > HAve you not activated your call screening feature yet?
WAYNE_ > I did that 3 days ago,it does not work at stopping these calls
WAYNE_ > Can I get a supervisor please?I've been through this enough times to know you can or wont help
Armando Eleuterio > No worries, I will bring you over to the Digital Voice phone services department for them to assist you in your present concern.
WAYNE_ > Supervisor please
Armando Eleuterio > Please stay online while I transfer your chat to the Digital Voice phone services department. You may see me leave the chat room, but please do wait for the next agent. Thank you for choosing Comcast, where we value your time and business.
Armando Eleuterio > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
WAYNE_ > Yes,e it
Aimee > Welcome to Comcast! How are you today?
WAYNE_ > Not happy
Aimee > I understand that you want to block this number; 9143311884
WAYNE_ > May I please get a supervisor?
Aimee > Let me assist you in blocking this number.
WAYNE_ > Why doesnt it show in the call list?
Aimee > What did you saw when this number called you, Wayne?
WAYNE_ > I said hello,there was no response
WAYNE_ > Why doesnt it show in the list?
Aimee > Because the caller might have enable there Caller ID block, Wayne. That is why.
WAYNE_ > BTW,Nomorobo does not work
WAYNE_ > If they ennabled call block,the # would not show
Aimee > For you not to have this caller go into your number we may proceed in enabling your Anonymous call rejection feature.
WAYNE_ > It's already enabled
WAYNE_ > It's already enabled
Aimee > Oh, Wayne. The nomorobo should be the key then for you not to have this call.
Aimee > The reason as to why Nomorobo doen't work because it is not being enabled in your account.
WAYNE_ > nomorobo does not work,I did that a few days ago
Aimee > I have to transfer to Voice2go for them to assist you in blocking this call, since the you have enabled the Anonymous call rejection already.
WAYNE_ > Clearly you do not want to fix this.I assume Comcast is taking bribes and you work for criminals.
Aimee > Nomorobo must be activated through Voice 2go, which is currently available only on Android and Apple iOS devices via the XFINITY Connect app.
WAYNE_ > OK goodbye.
WAYNE_ > Have a supervisor call me
Aimee > The reason why it didn't work because Nomorobo was not properly activated and set up.
Aimee > For it to work properly I need to connect you to Voice2Go for it to work.
Aimee > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
Marriam > I hope your day is going well. I look forward to helping you today, Wayne.
WAYNE_ > See They are calling back at this moment
Marriam > I hope you did not wait too long in the queue and that your day is going well. This is Bea Marriam. Please allow me two minutes to review your conversation with the previous analyst.
WAYNE_ > Ty
WAYNE_ > They called again while the previous analyst was transferring me to you
Marriam > Thank you for patiently waiting.
WAYNE_ > I'm losing patience
Marriam > Wayne, to confirm, I understand that you want to block a specific number on your home phone number, and you want to screen it entirely, but you want to know that the said number is calling you, right?
WAYNE_ > I just want it to stop!
Marriam > Wayne, I would like to set your expectations that Nomorobo is for blocking all telemarketing calls.
WAYNE_ > ]And for Gods sake,don't tell about nomorobo
WAYNE_ > nomorobo does not work or I wouldn't be getting robocalls
Marriam > I understand that you need to have a phone number blocked and it is being handled by our phone department.
WAYNE_ > ?
Marriam > It is called Cal Screening feature of your Digital Voice service.
WAYNE_ > ?
WAYNE_ > It's been on and does not work
Marriam > As a representative who seek for your satisfaction, I will be glad to connect you directly to my partner in the Phone Technical team to guarantee you that best resolution will be provided.
WAYNE_ > Can you have an American supervisor call me?
Marriam > My sincere apologies for being misrouted to our Department.
Marriam > This should be handled by the previous Department.
WAYNE_ > I'm tired of being transfed
WAYNE_ > Can I have an Anerican supervisor call me or NOT Yes or no,
Marriam > Wayne, for the supervisor, this needs to be under the Department that is specific to your concern which is for your phone service's call screening
WAYNE_ > OK- so you are refusing to have a supervisor call?
Marriam > No, Wayne, I am not refusing to have a supervisor call, we need to have this transferred first to the specific department, in this case our Phone Team to have this addressed. They will be the one who will process the supervisor call. Will that be fine with you?
WAYNE_ > Ty for your incredible lack of help.
WAYNE_ > Have them call.
WAYNE_ > When will that be?
Marriam > Wayne, I can proceed with the transfer now to our Phone Team, then, they can process it for you.
Marriam > I assure you it will be really quick.
WAYNE_ > yeah,I'm sure that will help,until they transfer me to someone else
Marriam > I want to get this fixed as well, Wayne, but since it is only one number that you want to be filtered, we need to have this addressed by our Phone Team. We are from the Voice2go team which handles the calls and text features on your mobile device. And Nomorobo is a feature which blocks ALL telemarketing calls without notifying you that you are being called.
Marriam > For the Digital Voice or phone service, blocking specific number is being handled by them.
WAYNE_ > nomorobo does not work,please have an American supervisor call me
Marriam > Is it okay if I proceed with the transfer to the correct Department? I will be completely noting it on your account for reference.
WAYNE_ > I want a supervisor on the phone,this is beyond ridiculous
WAYNE_ > I've been transferred 5 or 6 times now.It's clear you condone this.Thank you for your time.
Get Verizon FIOS,The Anti-DIOS
bmilone2

join:2001-01-26
Mays Landing, NJ

Re: I give up

WOW, you are rude. Why call the them criminals and bribe takers? I would have hung up on you instead of continuing to try to help you like they did.
JohnShade

join:2009-03-07
Pearland, TX
Do you even understand how the system actually works?? You have to put the number in Call Screening.