Review by yopoman See Profile

• Location: Hollywood,Broward,FL
Good "I do get a connection most of the time"
Bad "I am paying for 50 Mbps down, I get 1-2 Mbps down on a good day. "
Overall "Comcast is throttling me and capping me despite their contract terms. "

I am paying for Comcast "BLAST" 50 Mbps down internet. I use my own router (Linksys E3200) and modem (Motorola SB6121 DCS3.0). I am paying for 50 Mbps down, I get 1-2 Mbps down on a good day. I have called Comcast customer service 20 times in the past 3 months to try and get my speed unthrottled, or at least to 50% of advertised, they always say "it's fixed, it should work now" and it never gets above 8 Mbps. It is usually below 2 Mbps down, which is pathetic and frustrating. If you can avoid this ISP, I recommend it. Comcast is terrible and their "tech support" doesn't even understand their own services, technology, plans OR policies. Terrible.

Comments:
RobotNixon

join:2014-11-08
Highland, MD

same problem

I'm having the same problem with the same package and have been having it for months, called for my 10th time today. When I called last and said the words "you are throttling my upload", it magically got fixed the next day and was good for less than a week. Funniest thing is I'm in Maryland.

No Throttling

Comcast is NOT throttling you. You either have a provisioning issue or line/signal issues that need to be addressed. I suggest you post over the Comcast help forums at this site so the members can help diagnose your problems.

ccsucks

@75.151.40.x

Re: No Throttling

they also block port 25 only to admit it years later. Comcast is an Extortionist! They double dip and blackmail. Ask Youtube! We are paying for bandwidth and there is no way we are getting it. They hide and lie. Pass Net Neutrality!

tigerpaw509

join:2011-01-19

My Service

You need a technician visit.

Cumcast

@73.171.248.x

Re: My Service

Not bad if you have 50 meg service but if not this sucks. I think you are the one that needs the tech visits from a doctor.
said by tigerpaw509:

You need a technician visit.

Review by RobotNixon See Profile

• Location: Highland,Howard,MD
Good "When it is actually working, it runs very fast."
Bad "Pretty sure my upload gets throttled to the point where i cant use VOIP"
Overall "If you like doing things besides browsing facebook, stay clear"

So I went from living at my own place with FiOS in College Park (with no issues) to living with my parents until I find a job in August. They have comcast, when I first moved in there was serious upstream issues with no download issues. So I called on behalf of my parents (they don't notice the 90% packet loss because they dont use upload all that much), and after talking to five different people who instead of listening to my issue just reset the router over and over, Finally got an appointment schedules for a technician to come out a week later. He came out, replaced the modem but the problem persisted. So i call comcast again, get patronized by another 5 drones who restart my modem and tell me to clear my cookies and finally talk to a networking person who actually knows what they are talking about. I told him my speed test results (17ms ping, 85mpbs download and a times out upload), he sent a maintenance because apparently there was noise on the upstream line. In all, by the time the issue was resolved and the line was fixed it took two weeks of not being able to use VOIP, play any games, use skype or anything requiring upload. Now, several months later it is happening again and even with the confirmation numbers of my previous visits, no one in their support can find a record of me having an issue. I called them 4 hours ago with 50% packet loss up, and threatened to cancel service and go to FiOS, and now my upstream connection is working just fine. That shows me they are probably throttling upload speeds. I strongly recommend choosing another ISP over comcast, Worst customer service and reliability I have ever experienced.

Comments:

Review by nathill See Profile

• Location: Bloomington,Monroe,IN
Good "Service has been reliable for years"
Bad "FINALLY answered their phone, problem solved (I think)"
Overall "Nothing is easy at XFINITY"

UPDATE:

XFINITY decided to finally answer their phone.
Kendra did a magnificent job in straightening it all out.
Apparently, somebody had the idea to charge me for the Silicon Dust tuner (Cable Card) as a DVR.
She fixed the problem, and now we're good to go!

THANKS KENDRA!

Latest story now goes like this. Got my cable card (Silicon Dust) installed one year ago after hours wasted on the phone with Comcast "tech support." I have to admit that it has worked flawlessly ever since.

Now they want to charge me $17.45 for "additional outlet or DTA equipment." I thought cable cards were supposed to be free?

I am trying to figure out what the heck the new charge is for, but they refuse to answer the phone.
I have called XFINITY four times in the last half hour. They promise to call me back in a minute or two, which they do, then they immediately hang up on me.

I HATE $%^&* COMCAST. How can ANYBODY run a business like this?
And they want to merge and get bigger. HELP!

I am not normally a lunatic, but this company has driven me to the point of absolute rage.

Comments:
saratoga66

Saratoga, CA

Which number are you calling?

Have you tried calling Comcast dedicated Cable Card activation number instead of regular customer service? If not you should easily be able to find the number with the help of Google.

If these cards are for Tivo's you can also call Tivo support and they will do a 3 way call between them, Comcast and you.

You might also have bad cards. I have activated cable cards an 2 different houses. The first time I decided to pick one up myself but never could get it to activate. I finally had Comcast come out and they had to replace the card. The second house I needed multiple cards so decided to skip the self install and have Comcast do it. The tech brought in a stack of cards and said he usually has to try a few cards to get a working one.
nathill

join:2004-05-03
Bloomington, IN

Re: Which number are you calling?

I will try to Google a direct number. My first two calls were to Customer Service, who incorrectly routed me over to video activation, then finally routed me to cable card activation. That took an hour. The cable card guy got it authenticate, but not activate.
I'll let you know how I get along. Sounds like good advice.........

Got through after a mere 18 minute wait. Got in touch with a really nice lady, and I THINK we're good to go.
total time invested almost two hours. How hard would it be for Comcast to have a phone system that gives you options instead of making you wade through person after person to end up where you need to be? Is it the consumer's job to find the direct number for cable card activation?
My original position still stands.
Comcast assigns NO value to my time.

I must admit, your advice was great. Should not have been necessary, but it was great.

Review by Myu See Profile

• Location: Denver,Adams,CO
Good "When it works it is fast."
Bad "Support is extremely poor. Connection stability is very poor, disconnects several times a day."
Overall "Starting to consider other options for internet."

Fast internet is one forth of what I care about. My biggest concern is stability. Comcast does not have that. The service will disconnect several times in the day. Then their customer service is trained to always say it is customer equipment. Then to further make things frustrating the support for Comcast, none of them know a damn thing about networking. It takes hours of being transferred over and over and lower levels of support trying to argue with you saying it is your equipment. Eventually getting escalated to someone who understands basic things like what a DHCP is and why it is relevant for connectivity and diagnosting the correct issue with the Comcast equipment to fix it.

My advice is whatever equipment you get, make sure it logs. You are going to need those logs to prove what is happening when you have issues. Without that Comcast will try to brush you off. Their support is not helpful at all in helping you troubleshoot and will just have you reboot and then say it is your fault whatever is happening is happening. Make sure you have a good grasp for networking and troubleshooting because you will get zero help and have to fight uphill.

Comments:

NoComcast

@24.60.171.x

Comcast/ Xfinity internet stability is horrendous

Xfinity/ Comcast has (at best) Inconsistent Customer Service, Technical Support, and Internet Connectivity. A helpful experience with them is truly the Exception, and not the rule.

My Connection is not working- as in, completely disconnected more than connected. When it is connected, it is very poor, and sometimes has bursts of speed to 6 mps- Now, understand here- usually there is nada. Zip, Zero. Also understand, that the subscription is for 100Mbps. Absolutely pathetic.
I get a consistent 2.5 from Verizon Wireless on 4G LTE that blows away Xfinity/ Comcast on Every level.

Furthermore- they lie. Flat out lie, overcharge, lie some more and then after you cancel, send you to collections for money you actually do not owe them. A class action suit will eventually come from all of this... just a matter of time. Bottom line- They are the worst ISP out there.

Review by RustyDonut See Profile

• Location: Boston,Suffolk,MA
Good "Fast and reliable, No Caps"
Bad "A little pricey if you ask me. (contract)"
Overall "You get what is advertised in service, But its fairly overpriced. "

I have had the performance tier internet for about 10 months. It was part of a promotion $30 (2-yr contract) for 25/5. The entire installation took less than an hour. No equpment was supplied, I used my own modem and router. I'm no idiot. Buying my own modem has saved me enough money that it already paid for itself. The service is fast and reliable with fast latency (16 ms ping for youtube). Almost at all times, the speed is a little above 25/5. I probably only get a small hiccup in the service once a week. Still Comcast is a monopoly in Boston. The greedy f**ks sure use this to their advantage and charge fairly unreasonable prices for the service they give. I also dont like the vibe they give off. "xfinity!! its amazing!!!!!!!" they must think their customers are idiots who only react to ads intended for the lowest common denominator.

Still what choice do you have if you want the fast residential internet in boston? As this image wonderfully illustrates:

»polarvortextech.files.wordpress. ··· 4902.png

member for 1.8 years, 193 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

Review by mswares See Profile

• Location: Dumfries,Prince William,VA
Good "Nothing"
Bad "Very poor and unreliable service."
Overall "Don't buy into this service..."

I ordered xfinity blast plus. I was supposed to get >50MB down and 10 up. My normal speed ratings are at 9MB down and 11MB up. I've called on several occasions each time spending AT LEAST 1 hour trying to fix the issue. The speed would be fixed temporarily then in two days or less it would be degraded again. A couple of techs came to the house on a couple of occasions. They replaced the cable to the home and are now charging me for a cable modem that I don't have (I use my own Motorola Surfboard cable modem). Several times a technician was scheduled to come to house and did not show up. The last straw was when they rescheduled a tech (who did not show) and the next day they were not able to locate any ticket or notes saying that a tech was re-scheduled for the 2nd time around.... I've been too patient and have spent too many long hours troubleshooting over the phone with these fools.

Comments:
xQim

join:2003-09-20
·Fairpoint Commun..

Comcast

And this is why I don't want Comcast to merge with TWC. I do have to ask: Is there a local office around where you live? I have TWC and have felt your pain and frustration at times with the 1 hour+ phone calls that result with an individual who can't speak English and nothing gets resolved. However, there is an office about 45 minutes away from my location. I know it seems like a long drive but it is actually quicker to go to the office to dispute charges or fix issues, and to boot, they speak English. Anytime I have an issue, I go to the office. The problem is generally always resolved. Not sure if it is an option for you, but I would scrap the phone calls if you can and go to their office.
JohnShade

join:2009-03-07
Pearland, TX

Connection speed issues

have you tried the Comcast Direct forums on this site. The people there are actual Comcast technicians & enignners. They can check a lot more things than a phone agent. There may be an underlying issue that the phone reps can't see
Tap dancing through the minefields
xQim

join:2003-09-20
·Fairpoint Commun..

From Past Experience....

I agree with the above poster about trying out the Direct Forum. However, judging by your download vs upload speed, I would bet my money that your area is oversubscribed (Surprising, not). I have had this issue before where my download will be about 200Kbps and my upload will be 1Mbps - 5Mbps.

I could be wrong, but if you try a speed test during non peak hours; say 3am (not sure why you would be up unless you're an insomniac like me) and the download is considerably higher, then the problem is oversubscription. Not uncommon.

Hey, at least your upload is faster than mine, although your download is way below. Sorry for you experience. Corporations (Single Person Somehow), don't care about customers. Profits are the most important thing because the CEO making 8 - 9 figures a year simply is not enough money. How would they survive making 50+ million a year? They would be homeless.

Review by madrhino See Profile

• Location: Hyattsville,Prince Georges,MD
Good "reliable-which negates the horrible customer service"
Bad "overpriced,limited Usenet access,absolutly the worst customer service on earth"
Overall "Overpriced.I can get FIOS now.If Comcast doesn't increase the UL BW by March I'm gone"

I used to have Verizon DSL and this is much more reliable.This is important because the customer service is beyond atrocious,it is for all practical purposes non-existent.Email support tells you to call,the call center just tells you they don't know.Then,since most of the clueless CSR's are reading off scripts, they schedule a technician to NOT SHOW UP!!!!!(twice)

Another neg is my upload speed is 384 KB/s(768 available).Most of the surrounding counties have 16/1or2 but evidently my County Executive is taking his graft elsewhere(I think the outgoing Governor and his wife got most of the Comcast bribe budget) because we don't have it and evidently ain't gonna get it anytime soon.

The reliability is awesome though.If the price was more in line with the market I'd probably be a customer for life.But since I can get a faster FIOS connection with unlimited Usenet for less money I really have no choice but to leave in 2 months when my deal is up.

Edit 11-27-07 -I got rid of Comcast in September for 2 reasons

1) They don't seem to be concerned about speeds in my area, even though FIOS is available the most Comcast offers is still 8/768

2)The use of the evil Sandvine program.Sorry guys, if I send legal packets I don't want them being tampered with.

Comments:
briansgs2

join:2013-04-25

overpriced?

$19/mo for reliable 8 Mbps / 768 Kbps is an awesome deal. You consider that overpriced?

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

said by briansgs2:

Google Fiber: $70/mo for reliable 1000 Mbps / 1000 Mbps.
$0/mo (with one flat installation fee that will cost less for the year than his entire Comcast bill will after that $19 promotional price for 6 months ends) for 5 Mbps / 5 Mbps.

You tell me.

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

Re: overpriced?

I have no such expectation. He asked why that could be considered overpriced, and I answered.

Old Review

The OP said they canceled Comcast almost 6 years ago. I'm not sure why they brought this review back to life. Comments about what happened that long are not really relevant now.
madrhino

join:2004-07-03

Re: Old Review

said by saratoga66:

I switched back to Comcast earlier this year after Verizon left me hanging after an outage.I left a comment 49 days ago noting how much they have improved the customer service,but it is now missing for some unknown reason.
Get Verizon FIOS,The Anti-DIOS
madrhino

join:2004-07-03

I give up

chat id: ffce2012-774f-4baf-a4b2-a957f1f03a4a
Problem: Why don't you criminals allow robocalls to show up and added to the call screening list?%0AI got a call from 9143311884 and like most,it doesn't show up.How much are they paying you?
Girlie > Hello WAYNE_, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Girlie. Please give me one moment to review your information.
WAYNE_ > My Issue: Why don't you criminals allow robocalls to show up and added to the call screening list? I got a call from 9143311884 and like most,it doesn't show up.How much are they paying you?
Girlie > I am here to provide you with excellent customer service today. Please be assured I will do my best to help you with your concern.
WAYNE_ > PLease block that #
Girlie > For that we need to activate Nomorobo call.
WAYNE_ > Do it
WAYNE_ > Although it's already been done
Girlie > You have reached the Phone department and our support is limited to troubleshooting phone service. I wil need to transfer you to the Voice2go department who can activate it for you.
WAYNE_ > ok
Girlie > The information you provided me will also be forwarded to them for reference.
Girlie > Will that be okay?
WAYNE_ > yes
Girlie > Thank you. I appreciate it. We are experiencing short wait in our Voice2go Department and you will see a message that says I have “left the room”; however, you will still be connected to the next available Sales agent. Please stay online and connected to the chat for the next agent who will assist you as soon as possible.
Girlie > Thank you for contacting Comcast – we appreciate your continued business.
WAYNE_ > I don't appreciate your crimina activity
Girlie > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
Armando Eleuterio > It is nice to have you on chat, Wayne! I am looking forward to help you with your concern today. Welcome to the Technical Support for Voice2Go
WAYNE_ > right,I know nothing will be doen,
Armando Eleuterio > I'm sorry, but it appears that you want to block or screen a certain number, is that correct?
WAYNE_ > WTF,cant you read?
Armando Eleuterio > I'm sorry, Wayne you just got transferred to me. I feel there's not a need for that harsh word.
WAYNE_ > 9143311884
Armando Eleuterio > I'm just trying to ask you a question and your phone service actually has a call screening without the need to use Nomorobo.
Armando Eleuterio > HAve you not activated your call screening feature yet?
WAYNE_ > I did that 3 days ago,it does not work at stopping these calls
WAYNE_ > Can I get a supervisor please?I've been through this enough times to know you can or wont help
Armando Eleuterio > No worries, I will bring you over to the Digital Voice phone services department for them to assist you in your present concern.
WAYNE_ > Supervisor please
Armando Eleuterio > Please stay online while I transfer your chat to the Digital Voice phone services department. You may see me leave the chat room, but please do wait for the next agent. Thank you for choosing Comcast, where we value your time and business.
Armando Eleuterio > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
WAYNE_ > Yes,e it
Aimee > Welcome to Comcast! How are you today?
WAYNE_ > Not happy
Aimee > I understand that you want to block this number; 9143311884
WAYNE_ > May I please get a supervisor?
Aimee > Let me assist you in blocking this number.
WAYNE_ > Why doesnt it show in the call list?
Aimee > What did you saw when this number called you, Wayne?
WAYNE_ > I said hello,there was no response
WAYNE_ > Why doesnt it show in the list?
Aimee > Because the caller might have enable there Caller ID block, Wayne. That is why.
WAYNE_ > BTW,Nomorobo does not work
WAYNE_ > If they ennabled call block,the # would not show
Aimee > For you not to have this caller go into your number we may proceed in enabling your Anonymous call rejection feature.
WAYNE_ > It's already enabled
WAYNE_ > It's already enabled
Aimee > Oh, Wayne. The nomorobo should be the key then for you not to have this call.
Aimee > The reason as to why Nomorobo doen't work because it is not being enabled in your account.
WAYNE_ > nomorobo does not work,I did that a few days ago
Aimee > I have to transfer to Voice2go for them to assist you in blocking this call, since the you have enabled the Anonymous call rejection already.
WAYNE_ > Clearly you do not want to fix this.I assume Comcast is taking bribes and you work for criminals.
Aimee > Nomorobo must be activated through Voice 2go, which is currently available only on Android and Apple iOS devices via the XFINITY Connect app.
WAYNE_ > OK goodbye.
WAYNE_ > Have a supervisor call me
Aimee > The reason why it didn't work because Nomorobo was not properly activated and set up.
Aimee > For it to work properly I need to connect you to Voice2Go for it to work.
Aimee > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst
Marriam > I hope your day is going well. I look forward to helping you today, Wayne.
WAYNE_ > See They are calling back at this moment
Marriam > I hope you did not wait too long in the queue and that your day is going well. This is Bea Marriam. Please allow me two minutes to review your conversation with the previous analyst.
WAYNE_ > Ty
WAYNE_ > They called again while the previous analyst was transferring me to you
Marriam > Thank you for patiently waiting.
WAYNE_ > I'm losing patience
Marriam > Wayne, to confirm, I understand that you want to block a specific number on your home phone number, and you want to screen it entirely, but you want to know that the said number is calling you, right?
WAYNE_ > I just want it to stop!
Marriam > Wayne, I would like to set your expectations that Nomorobo is for blocking all telemarketing calls.
WAYNE_ > ]And for Gods sake,don't tell about nomorobo
WAYNE_ > nomorobo does not work or I wouldn't be getting robocalls
Marriam > I understand that you need to have a phone number blocked and it is being handled by our phone department.
WAYNE_ > ?
Marriam > It is called Cal Screening feature of your Digital Voice service.
WAYNE_ > ?
WAYNE_ > It's been on and does not work
Marriam > As a representative who seek for your satisfaction, I will be glad to connect you directly to my partner in the Phone Technical team to guarantee you that best resolution will be provided.
WAYNE_ > Can you have an American supervisor call me?
Marriam > My sincere apologies for being misrouted to our Department.
Marriam > This should be handled by the previous Department.
WAYNE_ > I'm tired of being transfed
WAYNE_ > Can I have an Anerican supervisor call me or NOT Yes or no,
Marriam > Wayne, for the supervisor, this needs to be under the Department that is specific to your concern which is for your phone service's call screening
WAYNE_ > OK- so you are refusing to have a supervisor call?
Marriam > No, Wayne, I am not refusing to have a supervisor call, we need to have this transferred first to the specific department, in this case our Phone Team to have this addressed. They will be the one who will process the supervisor call. Will that be fine with you?
WAYNE_ > Ty for your incredible lack of help.
WAYNE_ > Have them call.
WAYNE_ > When will that be?
Marriam > Wayne, I can proceed with the transfer now to our Phone Team, then, they can process it for you.
Marriam > I assure you it will be really quick.
WAYNE_ > yeah,I'm sure that will help,until they transfer me to someone else
Marriam > I want to get this fixed as well, Wayne, but since it is only one number that you want to be filtered, we need to have this addressed by our Phone Team. We are from the Voice2go team which handles the calls and text features on your mobile device. And Nomorobo is a feature which blocks ALL telemarketing calls without notifying you that you are being called.
Marriam > For the Digital Voice or phone service, blocking specific number is being handled by them.
WAYNE_ > nomorobo does not work,please have an American supervisor call me
Marriam > Is it okay if I proceed with the transfer to the correct Department? I will be completely noting it on your account for reference.
WAYNE_ > I want a supervisor on the phone,this is beyond ridiculous
WAYNE_ > I've been transferred 5 or 6 times now.It's clear you condone this.Thank you for your time.
Get Verizon FIOS,The Anti-DIOS
bmilone2

join:2001-01-26
Mays Landing, NJ

Re: I give up

WOW, you are rude. Why call the them criminals and bribe takers? I would have hung up on you instead of continuing to try to help you like they did.
JohnShade

join:2009-03-07
Pearland, TX
Do you even understand how the system actually works?? You have to put the number in Call Screening.

Review by chgocolt See Profile

• Location: Chicago,Cook,IL
Good "It's available. TV doesn't go out too often."
Bad "Internet sucks. Not as fast as claimed. QOS is so bad that I had to give up my Voip service."
Overall "Only choose as a last resort. I'm almost ready to jump to DSL and Dish."

6mb down 1mb up + "Power boost" It rarely performs as advertised. My VOIP worked flawlessly on RCN until I moved here and had to get Comcast. QOS is so bad that I had to dump VOIP for POTS lines. Gave Comcast 1 year and 8 service calls to fix. They claim everything is within specs. Most their service guys don't know how to do anything other than cut off the coax plugs and replace them.

___ UPDATE 2014 ____

Ok. Foolish me came back to Comcast after 5 years with U-verse internet & DirecTV.

What they CLAIM they are giving me: ALL the TV channels to 3 HD TV's. (One with DVR that can be viewed on all), ALL channels, 2 - Digital Voice lines and "Extreme" internet (120mbps down, 20mbps up). Wireless Reouter has such bad range I had to buy a booster for it. for the 1st year promo cost of $149.94 + taxes.

What they delivered: The "X1" TV system that freezes up and needs to be rebooted for the 4th time in 3 months. Wildly unstable internet service. The data compression they use will give you false readings on speed test sites. I had faster file transfers with AT&T U-Verse. Digital Voice service that is so unstable that people are asking me to switch to my cell phone for a clearer call.

Customer service response, when you can actually get them, is the usual "reboot your modem/router", "reboot your X1 main DVR." Of course there was no change in the quality of service. Got them on a "chat" session and they claim to have made configuration changes to my router. The voice service is still bad.

It's going to be a VERY long 2 years until this contract is over and I can find a provider who will actual deliver acceptable service. Maybe Google Fiber will open up in Chicago by then.

Comments:
chgocolt
join:2004-07-10
Chicago, IL

Stupid me switched back to Comcast

Another move I regret. Took weeks for them to get my service moved. Almost lost my phone numbers in the port process. It took 3 attempts to get the port to complete.

The phone service itself is horrible. I have at least two to three times a day when the conversations are so garbled that you just give up.

The internet service is inconsistent. Some days I'll have 150mbps down and 20 mbps up. Other days like today, it freezes constantly. I watch my it stop and start every 5 seconds. (This is a WIRED connection to the Comcast router.) The wireless service from the router won't reach my kitchen. This is the only router I've ever had issues with here in 10 years.

Since installation in June, I have had 3 service outages. Nice when you're trying to work from home.

Customer service? Forget it. Endless circles of phone trees. If you're lucky enough to get a person, they transfer you back to the phone tree.

I got suckered in by a bargain price. The sour taste of the bad service will remain long after the sweet taste of a bargain has faded. I'm counting the days until my contract ends. Hopefully Google Fiber will be in Chicago by then!

Review by teddystacker See Profile

• Location: Philadelphia,Philadelphia,PA
Good "Speed"
Bad "Price , Arrogance of the provider , number of outages"
Overall "Poor customer service , way over priced"

Even in 2009 the number of outages were Six for the year - Totally Unacceptable in this day and age and the main reason I would not even consider their "Digital voice" service.
Customer service as poor as ever.You cannot even call your local office to see if they have a DVR in stock , if you need to swap out a faulty one.You have to stand in line for 25 mins , only to be told they do not have one - crazy when you are paying these guys $150+ a month...

Price - when your paying more to Comcast than you do for your car payment each month , then you know its time to look for a change.

Comcast have had my business for many , many years now , but we are looking for a change , how much worse could Verizon actually be?.

Edit Dec 20212

I still dislike Comcast , but still no other decent ISP here in Philly , so I wait for FIOS , Comcast you are too Expensive and still way to many outages each year..

Edit 2014:

Still dislike Comcast with a passion , still waiting for FIOS - This company just gets bigger by the day , and their prices get higher and their service poorer. Do NOT signup for Comcast unless you really have to - be warned!

member for 13.3 years, 2084 visits, last login: 2 days ago

Comments:

VerizonisCra

@74.98.34.x

-1 recommendation

Verizon not any better

Six outages in a year, I would be thrilled!!! I have more than that in a day with Verizon. If the damn politicians really cared they would do something about this duopoly of high cost and low, low quality. But they don't because they are paid off by these scum companies. Fortunately I switch my TV from Comacast to Dish seven years ago and I've received nothing but good service (I've had to call for service du to a lightening strike and an outside connector that went bad after seven years). Now if I could only have such a choice for Internet and voice.

teddystacker

join:2001-12-08
Philadelphia, PA

Re: Verizon not any better

Update Oct 2014. Still very much dislike Comcast , All these years and their customer service is nothing short of BAD. and the prices keep increasing , still feel ripped off every month. IF you have a choice people, shop somewhere else..

Review by sanka See Profile

• Location: Spring,Montgomery,TX
Good "reliable"
Bad "Exorbidant"
Overall "top of the heap"

This is a followup to a review I posted a few years ago as SANKA. I was
prompted to review our ISP and VOIP after trying to run a SpeedTest. I now
have a MacMini and evidently no Flash no Java no speedtest. Who knew?

Hi, Vonage is a placeholder for my 25 yr old land-line phone number. The
phone rings occasionally and works fine for about $12/mo.
Comcast ISP had been providing 25up and 5down as advertised, with no
troubles for 3 yrs, until the past weekend; 6-7 Sep 2014, just a trickle of
internet and Mon it came back slowly and then went on a tear; 85down, 12up.
Presently we're back to 30/4. Comcast boosted download from 10 to 25 a yr
ago, but I had to add basic cable and paid an extra $10/mo. Ttl = $85 now
and the cable box isn't hooked up. I tried Uverse when we moved to Houston
from Detroit 3 yrs ago and it didn't work out, for whatever reason. We had
decent service from Comcast ISP for 8 yrs in Pontiac, Mi. They scare me,
but I don't think I have any better options. Do you? Have a good one.