Review by guitboxgeek See Profile

• Location: Churchton,Anne Arundel,MD
Good "When it works, it's fairly speedy and reliable"
Bad "When it doesn't work, it sucks all around"
Overall "There are a few good techs, the rest are junk"

As I write this, an excellent tech is trying to help me get my phone/high speed internet from Comcast working again. The problems are not in my home, but all along my street and at various nodes in the neighborhood.

I am set to have FIOS installed Monday, next week. While I appreciate how hard this tech is working and the effort he's put into communicating with me, the rest of Comcast support has been almost non-existent.

Their own technicians have ample software and tools to stay on top of their areas, yet they do not use them properly. One tech comes out and blows up the other tech's hard work of the past few days. Zooms off in their shiny new truck and doesn't update the Comcast TS logs. End result? FIOS.

I'm probably trading one set of headaches for another, I know, but at this point, it's the only weapon I have left in my arsenal (e.g. my wallet). Pray for mojo!

Comments:

Review by bo789 See Profile

• Location: Jacksonville,Duval,FL
Good "***NOTHING****"
Bad "I see others doing well and NO HELP FROM COMCAST"
Overall "waiting for another company to come to JAX FL"

CONSTANT DISCONNECT, NEW MODEM(I own and approved), 2 VISITS AND NO HELP YET I HAVE PAID 1000 DOLLARS FOR INTERRUPTED SERVICE!!

Comments:
Joseph327

join:2006-02-03
Jacksonville, FL

The Solution for Comcast's terrible service!

Call your councilman or councilwoman in Jacksonville. Be very polite and explain the entire situation in detail to them, they in turn will communicate with Comcast on your behalf and then you will see action. Your complaint to the city is not welcomed by Comcast and they will move swiftly to correct the situation and put out the fire so to speak. Look up your council representative on the city of Jacksonville website via your zip code. Best of luck to you.

Review by Diaboyos See Profile

• Location: united state
Good "N/A"
Bad "Horrible tech support and customer service. Abysmal speeds offered for outrageous prices in their monopoly of my area."
Overall "If you're lucky enough not to live within a Comcast monopoly use someone else."

I have decided to upload the Better Business Bureau report I filed against Comcast. It is a long read and yet another horror story against them.

To Whom It May Concern:

I called on the first week of March, 2007, and spoke to John in Tennessee to schedule an appointment to have Internet installed. John told me there would be no charge for the Internet installation, and I would only be charged for the installation for one additional outlet at $34.95. I was told no one could come until the 20th of March. I called on the 19th of March to confirm the appointment for the 20th and spoke to Kayla in Tennessee. She confirmed the appointment for the 20th between 1:00-3:00 P.M. I asked her the price of an additional outlet and after telling her I was quoted a price of $34.95 by John, she informed me that price was only if they had to make a separate trip and if done on the same trip would cost $18.95. She then confirmed it would be all I was expected to pay. On the 20th, Comcast did not show up and I tried calling three different times to find out where they were. Each time I called, I was transferred to the local branch and kept on hold for 45 minutes before finally hanging up. At 10:00 A.M. on March 21st, I went to the Comcast home office located on ****** Road to speak to someone personally. The woman behind the counter called Maxine, in the Service Department, and Maxine told her she would try to squeeze me in between the appointments they already had for that day rather than handle mine first, which was already a day late. Around 3:00 P.M. on the 21st, they had not arrived so I called Comcast again. They once again transferred me to the local branch and kept me on hold for 45 minutes before I finally hung up. At 5:00 P.M., I called back and spoke to Terrance in Tennessee and told him the local branch always kept me on hold so I would like him or his supervisor to find out what happened to the technician that was supposed to show up between 1:00-3:00. Terrance repeated my phone number back to me and said he would call me back when he found out where they were. He never called back.

On the 22nd of March, I again went to the local office, and the woman behind the counter called Maxine on the phone, and once again, Maxine said she would have someone out that day between 1:00-3:00. Again, no one showed up. I tried calling again but was kept on hold for 45 minutes before finally hanging up.

Page 2

On March 23rd, I went to the local office again, and this time I asked to speak to a supervisor and they sent out a man named Spencer. Spencer told me he would ensure someone would show up on the 24th between 1:00-3:00.

On the 24th of March, the technician showed up around 2:00. After about half an hour, he realized he didn�t have all the tools necessary to complete the job and wanted to leave to get some, but I was uncertain whether he would come back if he left, based on my experience so far, so I told him to call another technician to bring him what he needed. After about 40 minutes, the other technician showed up, and I went inside to finish some work. I came back out 30 minutes later and they were both in the yard talking and laughing and had done no work at all. When I came outside the other technician left and the original technician began working again. When he was done, he attempted to just leave without having tested the work he had done. He did not test the cable TV or the Internet. I turned the TV on to test the cable, and I only had 7 of the 13 channels I was supposed to have. After another half-hour of working with that, he finally got that working and then attempted to leave again before testing the Internet. He said the Internet would work because all the lights on the modem were on. I told him it would not work because he had not called in the Mac I.D. yet. I�ve done this enough times to know how it works. He said it was their modem and they already knew the Mac I.D. I informed him it was not their modem and that he had not brought one in from the van. The modem was already in my house. He then agreed and called the local office to give them my Mac I.D. I told him to tell the woman on the phone (Deidre? Shreveport) to put a note in my file that the modem was mine and not theirs. I have had to do this since purchasing my own modem so when the service is disconnected the ISP doesn�t try to claim it�s theirs and retrieve it. I found out later he did not. After half an hour of working with the Internet, they could not get the speeds to where they were supposed to be. It was obvious neither the technician nor the woman he called to give the Mac I.D. to knew what they were doing. I eventually got on the phone with her personally when the technician proved to be totally inept with using a computer. It worked fine with the 6Mb settings but when set up under the 8Mb settings the connection went dead. After the woman on the phone couldn�t figure out why she couldn�t get the speeds to where they were supposed to be, she said my computer must be broken - then she had the nerve to ask me what use I had with hi-speed Internet anyway. I explained that if it was my computer it wouldn�t have worked using the 6Mb settings either and told her why I wanted Comcast Internet was irrelevant and was none of her concern. I later found out that she was entering the wrong codes for the 8Mb settings, causing the connection to go dead. Deidre (?) told me to call 1-800-Comcast and ask them what the problem could be rather than looking into it herself. She then told me that she would ask her supervisor about the problem and call me back. She then got back on the phone with the technician, and after about ten minutes, I realized she had not asked me for my phone number. I got

Page 3

back on the phone with her and asked how she was planning on calling me back, and she said she was going to call me on my cell phone. I asked her what my number was, and

she said she forgot to get it from me. It was obvious she was not planning on calling me back. Regardless, I gave her my cell phone number, and she said she would call back. Of course, she did not. I told her to leave the settings on the 6Mb setup which worked until we knew why the 8Mb didn�t so I could at least have some use of the Internet. When the technician went out to his van, presumably to gather the paperwork, the modem reset and the Internet connection went dead again. I went outside to inform the technician it was not working, but he was gone. They were still on the phone when he went outside and I have no doubt that he told her he was gone and she changed the settings back to the 8Mb knowing it would kill my connection. After he left, I looked at the work he had done and realized he had not installed outlets. The wires were simply coming in from the outside of the house with no plate on the wall. Further, he left me no paperwork at all showing what work had been done or his name.

On the 26th of March, I returned to the Shreveport branch and told them I would like someone to come out to put plates on the walls for the wires. It was scheduled for April 3rd.

On March 27th, I called again and spoke with Dustin in Tennessee. Since I was dissatisfied with the technician�s work, I wanted to ensure that he did tell the woman he called the Mac I.D. into that the modem was mine. Dustin looked up my account and said there was a $3.00 rental charge being applied, which meant they did not mark the modem as being owned by me. After learning this, I looked back on past bills since Comcast took over Time Warner and discovered ever since they took over, I�ve been charged a $3.00 rental fee on the modem I own.

I asked Dustin what all was going to be on my bill, and he told me there was no Internet installation fee - there was only the $18.95 for the installation of an additional outlet, but since no outlets were actually installed, and having to schedule another appointment to fix what should have been done in the first place, he removed that charge as well. He assured me the only amount that would be on my bill would be the regular cable fees of $15.66 and Internet fees of half price for the first three months at $26.48 plus taxes and surcharges.

Dustin told me he would try to get my modem issue resolved and to give him a few days to see what he could find out. He hasn�t called me back.

On April 2nd, I received my cable bill, and they charged me $53.90 to install an additional outlet, which should not have been on the bill at all. I am continuing to be charged $3.00 for the modem rental fee, and I was charged full price when it was supposed to be half price for the first three months for the Internet beginning in April.

Page 4

I called Comcast again during the first week of April to ask about the charges on my bill and spoke to Debra in Tennessee. She could not explain why charges of $53.90 were added for the installation of one additional outlet, when it was only supposed to be $18.95. After explaining the situation regarding the $18.95 charge for the additional outlet being removed due to having to schedule a separate appointment to repair it Debra removed the entire charge of $53.90 from my bill.

I asked her about the $3.00 modem rental fee and told her that Dustin had already sent in a request for confirmation on the 27th of March. She looked and could find no work order entry regarding my modem, so she entered another one. She did tell me that she had received several calls from people with the same problem, and told me that when Comcast took over in Shreveport many people using modems they owned were being charged the modem rental fees.

I asked her about the charge for the Internet not being half-price as I was told it would be for the first three months. She informed me that only the 6Mb line has the three month half-price offer, not the 8Mb line. When talking to all of the different people that I talked to, before and during the installation, they all confirmed it would be half-price for the first three months, and made no distinction between the two services.

I would like Comcast to immediately remove the $3.00/month modem rental fee and reimburse me for each month they have charged that to my bill since taking over for Time Warner. It shouldn�t be difficult at all to confirm the modem is not theirs. I had my Comcast Internet service disconnected from my previous address on March 19th. If the modem was a rental it would have been retrieved then or the service wouldn�t have been disconnected. Besides that, it shouldn�t be difficult to go over the database of modems in their possession ready for distribution on the 23rd of March, the day before I had my new service set up. If the modem belongs to Comcast then they would have had it in their possession the day before I had my new Internet installed. I know the modem is not theirs because I purchased the modem through Time Warner several years ago and have used it in many different locations since then.

Also, at the very minimum, I would like Comcast to honor what I was told by several of their employees, and only charge me half-price for the first three months of Internet service. April was the first month that was supposed to be half-priced at $26.48 yet I was charged the full-price of $52.95. Either a reimbursement for the overage charged to the month of April and half-price for May and June or no reimbursement for April and half-price for the months of May, June and July will suffice.

Page 5

Sincerely,

******* **********

END of BBB report.

Here are the two photos I took with my cell phone of the wires the technician ran into the house. He installed no outlets, he merely drilled a hole through the wall and ran the wire through it.

Comments:

Review by ma71turbo See Profile

• Location: Santa Maria,Santa Barbara,CA
Good "Internet is fast when it works. "
Bad "Phone support is the worst I have ever experienced"
Overall "If you have any option other than comcast, take it."

I have been on the phone with tech support waaay too many times this last month for numerous issues relating to my account activation and setup. It seems like every single "tech" I speak to can do nothing but verify my account, reset my box, then try their best to get me off the phone as quick as possible. Signed up for the Blast Plus! package at the beginning of July, and was happy with the internet, but wanted HD TV, and some more channels. Last Saturday i upgraded my service from the BlastPlus! package to a triple play package with preferred digital hdtv and 50Mb internet for 109$ a month. I was told by the phone sales agent that the tv service would be available within the next hour or two, and that the box would not need to be switched out. I was also told that for the phone service would be unavailable until i received my new modem, and that the existing internet service would remain active on my existing modem. The extra TV channels never came, and I called support to troubleshoot this issue. I was told by an Agent that the service has not been activated on my box yet, and that i should call back tomorrow if its still not working. Next day, still do not have the channels. Called support again, and spoke to another agent who told me that the upgraded package has not been activated on my equipment yet, but that he would be happy to activate it for me. He said that he activated the services on my equipment, and to give it an hour or so before the upgraded services become available. Two hours later, still no channels, so I called back. I spoke to another agent, who asked me what my issue was, i told him that i recently upgraded my services and that the changes still have not taken effect. Agent said that the package has a work order that has not been completed yet, and that to complete the work order I would need to speak with someone from billing. I told him that the previous agent said that he had activated the new services onto my equipment, and he insisted that there is a pending work order stopping the service from working, and that he could not do it on his end. I asked to speak with a manager, and was told that there is no manager available and that one would call me back within 30 minutes if i gave him my callback number. I gave the agent my callback number, and waited. I did not receive a call back. Fast forward to today, when i come home from work to find that both TV and internet are both down completely. I contact support again, and am told by agent(Axel, was told her operator id was H5) to connect my new modem. Connect the modem, and get no service. I was told that this issue would need to be escalated, and that she would get a Comcast special care agent(?) on the line with me to assist further. Was transferred to another queue, and was greeted by a woman named Mary(Agent id SDCR968) who answered the phone and asked me what my issue was. The previous agent did not give her any information whatsoever regarding my case, just transferred me to another call queue. I had to re-verify my account again, and give her the history of what has been going on. Agent resets my box and modem, neither come online. Agent then said that she would need to escalate the issue to a level two tech. I told her that she just did the same thing that the last agent did, and asked to speak with a manager. She said that a manager was unavailable, and that i should at least try to speak with the level two tech to try to resolve my issue. I asked the agent to please get the level two agent on the line before transferring me so that she can give him some info regarding my issue so we would not have to start from the beginning all over again. The agent said that she would do that, and put me on hold. 15 seconds later, i get cold transferred to another queue. I was greeted by agent Hayli (agent id 80622), who started from scratch asking me what my issue was and if i could verify my account info. The previous agent did not speak to her at all. I verified my account info AGAIN, and gave them a rundown of my issue AGAIN, and was told by the agent that she would run a diagnostic on my box. After 5 minutes, she told me that my box is showing that it is offline. She then reset my box and modem, and told me to call back in a half hour if service is not restored. I still asked to speak with a supervisor regarding the way things have been going, and am again told that a supervisor was unavailable. I told the agent that I would wait, and waited on the line, checking in every couple minutes. After about 20 minutes, I was hung up on. Internet service has since come up, TV however is completely down still. No supervisor has called me back, and I do not want to call support again just so they can reset my box and tell me to call tomorrow. What is going on with phone support? Every time I call , the next agent has no idea what happened in the previous calls. I dont know if it is their standard policy to leave no notation when a customer calls support or what, but this is ridiculous. Nobody has any clue what the last guy did, and we have to start from scratch every call. Every time i ask for a supervisor I am told they are unavailable , or that one will call me back. I get wildly different agent numbers as well. I am not even sure they are giving me their correct names and agent numbers. It's as though phone support has no accountability whatsoever. If anyone else has experienced this with phone support please chime in.

UPDATE: Internet is back up, but at 25Mb/s now , instead of the 50Mb/s I just had yesterday. Ran multiple speed tests at multiple sites.

Update : 7/27/13 Went to comcast service center today to try switching the box out, because im pretty sure the sales agent was incorrect when he told me i could keep my existing box. I tried to tell this to the phone agents but its like they didnt even hear me, they just reset the box and sent me on my way. Spoke to service agent Luisa (m-G) who confirmed that I did indeed need a new hd capable box. Asked her what she could do about my internet speeds being cut in half, and she told me that the package that had been added only included 25Mb internet, and that if i wanted blast back i would need to pay an additional 10 dollars a month. I told her the sales agent sold me on the whole package because of the 50Mb internet, and she said there was nothing she can do. Asked to speak with a manager, and I got the same story that none was available but that one would call me soon. At that point i chose to cancel the tv /phone and go with dish. Kept the internet open, and come back home to find that my internet has been cut off. Called support again, ask to speak with a supervisor. Agent said she would connect me with a supervisor, and the call again "mysteriously" dropped while on hold. Called back and asked for supervisor again, and got an agent who insisted on troubleshooting before he sent me to a supervisor. He verified my account, then stated that he sees no active devices on my account. He said he would activate the device and that to "finalize the activation" he would need to send me to a billing agent. I asked the agent to please warm transfer me to an agent rather than just sending me to a queue. Agent said that he would , and asked if i could go on a brief hold. Instead of putting me on hold , the agent disconnected the call. Called back and asked for a supervisor, and was told yet again that a supervisor is unavailable and that I would have to wait. While waiting on the line with the agent, internet comes live again, i'm running speed tests and getting a super consistent 3Mb Down and 1Mb up. I should be getting 50/10 . Again i asked the agent that she please warm transfer me to a supervisor instead of sending me to a queue or putting me on hold. Agent said that she would, says a supervisor is available and that she would connect me with him. And sure enough i get sent off to another queue.

Update : After 40 minutes of waiting in the queue, I call back with a second phone and ask for a supervisor again.Agent places me on hold to see if a supervisor is available. 15 minutes later, im on hold on both lines, waiting for a supervisor. After 20 minutes on hold, disconnected on the 2nd phone i called in on. First call has now been on hold 55 minutes. Calling back a third time. third call, got agent May, (operator id 0.~ ) asked to speak with supervisor again, placed on hold.6 minutes on hold, finally got a supervisor as the first call ticked 1:04hour on hold( John, operator id: 44010 Internet Dept. ). Gave him a rundown of the issue, let him know that at this point my internet is up, but I am only getting 3Mb down and 1Mb up. Supervisor stated that he noticed a discrepancy in the services provisioned to my device, said he would try to fix it. Placed me on hold, and came back telling me that he sees that my account is currently set to 3Mb and that this is the problem(duh). He asks me what i should have on the account, i told him 50Mb blast plus. He put me on hold again while he applied the changes. Supervisor came back and said that he could not apply blast plus to my account. Instructed me to contact the retention dept because the cancellation of the triple play package created an issue where they could not apply the blastplus package to my account. Was left with a case id and was told to contact retention tomorrow. Supervisor got me off the line without giving me the phone number however, so i guess im calling 1800comcast again tomorrow.

Update 7/28

Called support again and reached agent( Mark operator id 9K.) asked to reach retention dept, agent said he would get a retention agent on the line. After 16 minutes waiting for someone from the retention dept, got hung up on. Called back and got agent [Ken, operator id V)Q ] and asked to speak with a supervisor. Agent asked me to wait while he tries to reach a supervisor, and of course he is unavailable. Waited another 15 minutes to reach a supervisor, then the agent came back and insisted that I just let him transfer me back to retention. I agree, and agent transfers me to retention queue, where i have currently been waiting 58 minutes.

member for 1 year, 3 visits, last login: 362 days ago

Comments:

Review by Micky Lee See Profile

• Location: San Francisco,San Francisco,CA
Good "Customer service"
Bad "Creeping costs, unexplained cancelled discounts"
Overall "pricey "

I had a big package with lots of extras including a discount for cable, TV, and internet. The cost creeped up inexplicably over a few years by $60, or 1/3 of the original price. I was getting discount for having all three services. One month I noticed it just wasn't there anymore? I guess our contract allows them to charge whatever whenever.

I had trouble with their online guide, so tried 8 or 9 digital converter models before learning only the new, HD box solved my problem. But I had no HD TV. When I used that box to solve my problem, I was billed for HD. They couldn't remove that charge. So, they told me to call in every six months for a credit. Their CS reps could only credit so much, so I was the one to work around their accounting software inflexibilities. I still have that box and an HD package but no HDTV.

They are very good at keeping your internet service going. I had several personal modems not work, and they always installed one of theirs promptly.

In the end, they have great technology, but it isn't cheap.

I have the fasted connection possible at 50 MBps download and about 12 MBps up. Monthly cost is $63.

Supplied DOCSIS 3.0 modem is the equivalent of a Ubee DDM3513, a Ubee U10C035.

Their web site makes it very easy to add new cable services. You just can't cancel anything at all. Unbelievable and very frustrating.

member for 1.3 years, 1 visits, last login: 1 year ago
updated 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by Jaybirdnet See Profile

• Location: Cumming,Forsyth,GA
Good "Nothing good about them"
Bad "Worst customer service / support"
Overall "Comcast SUCKS"

I signed up for the business class internet. It never worked. When I call the tech support number, I go thru their stupid automated system just to be hung up on before ever speaking to a human being. When I finally got thru, I was told that there was an outage in the area. 18 hours later, still no service and no response back from Comcast. If this is how they service business accounts, then I'd hate to see how the residential accounts are handled.

member for 1 year, 1 visits, last login: 1 year ago
updated 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by Jay864 See Profile

• Location: Fort Lauderdale,Broward,FL
Good "Consistent speeds"
Bad "Everything else"

Customer service is non existent. Really every single person I have spoken with (this month alone for many hours) including supervisors are completely clueless. They really can't do anything right. I wish i had alternatives to choose from, if I did I would drop Comcast instantly.

I have high speed internet + HD TV + Voice (which i got only to make the whole package cheaper, I don't use it and noone has the number but spam calls bug me daily!)

member for 1 year, 97 visits, last login: 72 days ago
updated 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by a2nxtcrav3r See Profile

• Location: San Jose,Santa Clara,CA
Good "NOTHING"
Bad "EVERYTHING"
Overall "Do not order"

Cancelled my DSL service was moving to comcast.HSI

Orderered online and installation was scheduled to be in 5 days within my cancellation with my DSL service.

5th arrives installation person says my underground coax cable was damaged and he will send a tech as soon as possible. My family and I waited 3 days Nothing was said to me of when the techician who could handle it. So i called comcast and had gotten a date for install. The day came I have been waiting all day no calls from comcast and no one shows up.it is currently 9:24 PM I called comcast to ask why no one came, Tech support from india was not clear. rescheduled to another week without internet for the tech to come 6 days later. Which would be over 21 days from when I ordered internet service.

I told them many upon many internet service providers I would gladly pay to get things done within 3 days Cancelled my phone service and internet service with comcast and am now searching for anything as fast as possible. STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST!

lodged 1 year ago

Comments:
SJTech

join:2013-01-28

Really bad phone support

Dude, sorry about your really bad experience. You must have had a contractor that gave you a BS line. The SJ in house team is much better than that, what you were put through is beyond embarrassing. I am an in house Tech, replacing an underground line takes approx 10 days. If I knew what part of town you are in I would take care you myself!
stig1111

join:2001-12-21
Vancouver, WA

So far, so good!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Comcast! Like most "chain stores", each location has it's ups and downs. Hope you got everything taken care of without to many other problems!
I just now updated to a bundled Comcast service. Higher speed plus free cable - and less money!
Cable Box "installation" within 3 days.
I switched from Qwest DSL to Comcast Cable a couple of years ago, and have had only one problem (monthly payment amount), which was fixed over the phone in a short time. So far I am happy with Comcast and have no complaints!

sdofisdf

@comcast.net

planning

So, I'd recommend that people that want to switch, plan at least a 30 day overlap of service, and only cancel service after you have 30 days of being happy, all issues resolved, everything working. If you had done this, you would have gotten a nice fast internet connection, instead of spinning in the wind, looking around for solutions. The best solution is planning.

waitaminute

@sonic.net

Re: planning

so, your proposed solution to comcast's incompetence is for the customer to assume comcast will screw it up and keep the prior service to "cover" for comcast's inability to communicate/perform.
Sure inspires confidence.

Review by sashier See Profile

• Location: Portland,Cumberland,ME
Good "Install went smooth, Just moved from Road Runner to Comcast due to RR not available in the area."
Bad "slow speeds from install that was to be fixed within the week per the installer opening a ticket to look into slow speeds."
Overall "we will see"

Since the installer reporting we were not getting the speeds we are paying for nothing has changed. I will be calling to follow-up with this issue, updated review when things have been fixed.

lodged 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by wered See Profile

• Location: Petersburg,Petersburg City,VA
Good "None as of yet"
Bad "Connection,reliability, customer service."
Overall "Avoid at all costs"

We got comcast when we moved into our new apartment, and since day one the support has been absolutely horrible, they missed 9 appointments to set up the internet, then after finally getting it set up the connection is intermittent and all the udp traffic keeps getting lost, there customer service has no knowledge of networking at all, they even told me voip doesn't exist. avoid comcast at all costs, i am moving to another location the second i get the chance so i can get a decent service provider.

member for 1 year, 1 visits, last login: 359 days ago