Review by DataDoc See Profile

• Location: Martinsburg,Berkeley,WV
Good "Showed up on time, connected and gone in 1 hr, reliable connection"
Bad "Just occasional outages, usually less than 1-2 hrs on weekends"
Overall "Satisfied"

·Suddenlink
08/15/2013 This is a business service, lowest level. I chose this because I like to run my own mail/ftp/web servers. I chose to use their modem and connect my network equipment to it. All that was required of me was to change local IPs to fit the default range. I do have to make entries in my hosts file to reach any of my own servers, as the Comcast modem doesn't allow you to use your internet IP as an address for a server directly.

There was previous service, TV and cable, but it was residential.

This was as easy an installation as it comes. I've had frame-relay, DSL and now cable connections, and this was done on time as promised. Since then I've had as little outages as any other service. Longest outages have been during servicing, and the few others only 10-15 minutes each.

I don't have any TVs on the cable line.

member for 14.5 years, 6388 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by train_wreck See Profile

• Location: Antioch,Davidson,TN
Good "*BUSINESS CLASS* Quite reliable service over the past 2 years (internet only)"
Bad "If you DO have any issues/requests, good luck - numerous botches/cancelled appts."
Overall "Wish they weren't only game in town here, but could be worse."

This review concerns internet service exclusively. I upgraded to business class service from residential Comcast, for which I had been a customer for many years. In the early days, Comcast was notoriously unreliable; service would be down/slow at least once a month, sometimes more often. Over time, particularly since ~2008 or so, they've much improved in that respect. Speeds were mostly consistent on residential, with occasional outages that always affected the whole area around where I live. Switched to business because Comcast started charging overages in my area, and my residence would be considered an "excessive" data user - a house full of "cord cutters". Also I wanted a static IP for email serving purposes.

The original salesman I dealt with was pleasant, but gave me some bogus information; when I learned that all static IP customers MUST rent a special modem from Comcast, I had second thoughts about the static and told him that, for now, i'll just go with a dynamic and use my previous SB6121 modem. He then said that Comcast would be removing the requirement of renting a modem for static IPs, and that that would happen "soon". So I figured alright, i'll go ahead and get the static and wait whatever length of time that would be. This conversation happened 18 months ago, and from what it seems that was a lie; as far as I know, there have not and will not be any plans to drop such a requirement. He also said that my area would get an upgrade to 150mbps down within a year (this was ~2012). We didn't, we only got 100mbps. So that kinda stinks.

Initial install was fine, and service was great for over a year. I then moved to a new house. From the initial call, I was told that it would take approximately 5-7 days for the changeover to process, and that I would get a call when it was ready. I got no calls for 9 days. Called back, and immediately the CSR processed it and setup an appointment for 2 days from then. On that day, they call and tell me they can't make it that day. They finally do come, and get things set up at the new place - the tech ran new line and put no splitters in, giving a direct line from the tap to the modem.

I then upgraded from 50/10 to 100/20. Called, they pushed a new config file, and said within a half hour I would see the speeds. I didn't. Called back, they re-pushed it and it took that time.

I then had them change my reverse DNS for the static IP. My domain ends in ".co", and they registered it for ".com". Had to call back to get that fixed.

I then upgraded to 5 statics. This took about a week, and involved a tech coming out. I had them change the reverse DNS for these new statics, and they made the same mistake again, registering them for ".com"

Our modem then went out entirely, failing to acquire DS or US signal. They sent a tech out, but he was a residential tech and couldn't set up the replacement business class modem. They sent someone else out the next day who got it going.

Finally, last month I got a call from a collections agency, saying I owed $24.35 from the final month of residential service I'd had almost 2 years ago. This money was absolutely paid at the time of switchover, and multiple phone reps assured me that nothing more was owed and that the residential account was closed. Called Comcast, they admitted the error and credited me back the $24.35.

So it seems that tech support is somewhat problematic if you do need/want anything to be changed or added to the service. While the actual internet service has been very reliable outside of the 1 failed modem (we've transferred many many terabytes over our connection since getting it), they managed to screw up the majority of changes we've made to the service. For all its faults, the Comcast internet service has been issue-free, but the HR interactions should be considered before going with them, if you are lucky enough to have a choice.

member for 1.1 years, 662 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

Review by cbrain See Profile

• Location: Silver Spring,Montgomery,MD
Good "General availability at a fair price capacity for great service - promo pricing."
Bad "Unpredictable installation, poor tech support, no accountability or follow-through"
Overall "Great network-Customer service nightmare but improving"

******* 10-2014 ***********************************

Two Comcast reps canvasing the neighborhood stopped by my home this summer. They had my Comcast account history & "interesting sales tactics" but made me a very good 2 year offer ... in writing. I was considering the offer and did some research. I discovered Comcast scrambles all channels so customers need a Comcast box for every TV. All newer TVs have QAM tuners capable of using unscrambled signal from either Comcast or FiOS. I get about 60 FiOS channels with just coax connected to my TVs that are not available from Comcast. I decided not to take their offer.

******* 3-30-2010 ***********************************

From my experience, Comcast is a far better company since Verizon became a competitor. My mother had an ongoing, non-service issue with Verizon FiOS and became interested in Comcast's triple play. This promo included U/L nationwide phone with features, many premium channels and internet speeds beyond what is advertised. I asked if they would make a 2 year agreement. Comcast accepted. We had some issues with the install but all were resolved in about 60 days. She did not port her number until everything worked. At the 1 year mark Comcast started billing the regular price but made a correction on the first call. This promo included 2 digital boxes. Before they went all digital Comcast offered 2 more limited digital boxed at no additional cost. These boxes don't get "on demand" or premiums but allow older TV's to work. She loves the caller ID displayed in large letters on TV.

At this point I prefer the quality of DirecTV with TiVo, Fios internet and my VoIP phone, but Comcast has been far easier to work with than Verizon, and this package a better value.

******* 4-07-2008 ************************************

Service was good for the past year. The only interaction I had was Comcast's ongoing efforts to sell additional services. I preferred another provider and moved on.

******* 3-14-2007 ************************************

I recently had a problem with DirectTV and discovered a Comcast switch from dish promo. For 12 months the cost will be about half the DTV price for 2 DVR’s, most channels I had plus On Demand. DirectTV agreed to suspend my service for 2 months at no cost so I gave it a try. The service is excellent. DVR’s are good, but their not Tivo(DTV no longer offers TiVo).

My install was scheduled between 1 & 5 PM. At 4:45 I called for a status and was told tech would be there in 10 minutes. At 5:10 Comcast called and said it would be another 10 minutes. At 6:10 I called and canceled. At 7 the tech showed. I let him go ahead. All inside and outside wiring was done so he needed only to screw in 2 DVR’s, connect the TV’s and connect to Comcast. He didn’t have any advanced cables so he used coax. He had some signal problem so he played outside then asked for a signature. I tested a few things and noticed several problems. I asked how to flip tuners. He told me these were single tuner units and I needed to call to arrange a swap. As I dialed the number he insisted on getting my sig so he could leave. I told him I wouldn’t accept single tuner DVR's and asked him wait. He left. Comcast phone support told me they didn’t have enough dual tuner DVRs, to call back tomorrow and see if they could get me 1. I told him to cancel this install and call me when 2 were available. Without missing a beat or checking with anyone, he scheduled a tech to deliver 2 dual tuner DVRs the morning after tomorrow and promised component video cables. I tried a few channels and noticed a pixilation problem. The tech had added a splitter between the main drop and ground block but left an open leg. I removed the splitter and changed the 2 way splitter in the basement to 4 way. This resolved the problem. The follow up tech knew his business and did a great job.

Same Comcast, different year.

******* 11-2-2005 ************************************

In canceling, I allowed for service overlap during my transition. After both internet and video were installed I called Comcast and scheduled a disconnect on the last day of my billing cycle. Comcast handled this call very well. They asked what they could do to keep my business, who I was replacing them with and tried to convince me they were better without pressure. Comcast agreed to discontinue billing on the requested date and cut service the following week. I got one more Comcast call confirming I wanted to disconnect. I was favorably impressed. Then I got the bill. Comcast charged me $50 for the modem I own and a few other unexplained items. I confirmed there were no other charges and that I owned the modem when I cancelled. It only took about a dozen calls to get this fixed.

******* 03-28-2005 **********************************

Last week I discontinued both Comcast internet and video. My services have been reliable since my 4-2003 review. Comcast's retention department had me on an good price promotion, less that the services I replaced them with. I simply grew weary of dealing with Comcast. Every encounter is like buying a car. I needed to "negotiate" a proper install, needed repairs, price plan and Comcast was always trying to add something extra to my bill. Comcast techs will hook up a customer and leave regardless of resulting quality, then repeatedly make excuses and avoid proper repair if service is sub par. I suspect this is a part of the mentality that comes from negotiating with content providers, franchise authorities and takeover targets. It took me 18 months to get my services right. I did eventually get credit for the frequent overcharges but the time it took far outweighed the value of the credit. Comcast lost 3 members of my family for the same reasons. Verizon FiOS is now available to my mom so I suspect she will follow.

Considering the great network Comcast currently has, I hope they can come to grips with these issues and learn to deal with their real customers, end users. At the very least, if they do learn, they may provide competition to help keep Verizon on its toes.

»Comcast 3rd attempt @ $3/mo for owned modems!

******* 04-04-2003 **********************************

My connection has been reliable for months. A good value for the price. Video is finally good, my bill was correct 2 times in 26 months and I am now a citizen activist. An interesting odyssey for a lifelong pro business Republican. I’ve made lots of new friends, met with council members, testified before the county council, worked with the press and experienced how our Montgomery County Government works; or fails to.

Montgomery County deserves a better franchise.

I’ll fill in the details as I get time. Take a look at the Comcast forum here at Broadbandreports. »Comcast HSI

******** 02-2002 *************************************

I had 18 months of Covad DSL service prior to my 11 month Comcast@home service. @home was unusable for the first month(free trial period), then good until November 2001 when it became very slow every evening. Installation was on the day promised but then consistently unable to coordinate fixing problems. I needed tech help only in December when they altered my settings without notice. Resolved while on my first call. Overall I was very satisfied with both cable and DSL inet connections.

Since the transition to Comcast.net 3 weeks ago things are bad. I use dial up connection every evening. Connection is very slow, intermittent or dead every day starting about 5PM to about 2 AM. Needed a Comcast reset 2 times and am on my 3rd IP in 3 weeks. Have at times been able to force a connection by bypassing the DHCP server and using the assigned IP as static.

Gave them a week then started calling when connection is down. After long waiting on hold, tech support requires you to go through mandatory resetting of modem and computer, then going over all settings before they look at network problems. They don't log this info, or records of equipment, and are unable to access my local Comcast office database or to dispatch techs. When I call the local office they tell me to call the 800 number. When I explain that I was referred, I have twice been transferred to a queue that ends with voicemail.

Last night I stayed on tech over 2 hours and several transfers. My connection came live while holding but problem was still a packet loss of 40 to 50%, incoming and outgoing, within their network. They promised to have a local tech call me today. I added my cell # to the message. No call.

I feel Comcast is not being honest about the current situation. I expect some transition problems but have lost trust in Comcast's word and in turn their willingness or ability to resolve these issues. I hope they can get back to the @home service level but I'm here at DSLR looking at options.

********************************************************

After 18 days of being unable to diagnose my consistent evening outages, Comcast was finally able to make contact with the local office and schedule an onsite tech visit.

That tech will be at my site in a prompt, speedy 16 days!

*********************************************************

Comcast contractors showed up and rewired everything from the pole. Fast, professional and seemed competent. DID NOT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM! Current speculation…SW radio interference… no answer as to how they would track this down or resolve.

Over a 3 weeks period, Comcast personnel beyond call center never returned and most never reachable on incoming calls until I called Montgomery County. I now can make contact. Will update.

*********************************************************

Worked my way up to the field supervisor. He told me the problem was short wave radio interference. I questioned him in detail on all aspects of this then told him I would get the 4H SW Club to track down the problem for him. What equipment should I have them bring. He responded “let me go to the node.” From that evening on the multi hour outages stopped. First time since transition. I guess the SWR interference coincidently stopped that night. He now wouldn't take or return calls.

********************************************************

Attended a CCAC meeting and met the Comcast Gov't rep. The only person from Comcast to return calls. She got on this field supervisor. He got me in my car and told me he was trying to look at my connection but my firewall was preventing him access and implied me at fault. I again gave him a good quizzing, then said my firewall is on the lan side of the modem so can’t possibly block your access to the modem. I can be at a computer in 10 minutes where I can access my gateway, look at the logs, look at the modem, reset anything, look at BBR ping report and verify your statements. He hung up on me.

Comments:

Review by luckmann See Profile

• Location: Albuquerque,Bernalillo,NM
Good "Better speed than DSL"
Overall "great service"

I am a former Qwest / Centurylink customer who got terminated for excessive use. So, I switched to Comcast and told CL to go fly a kite. I now have better phone service with more features. I especially like getting voice mail in my email it has save me some hassles.

The thing I like the most though is that I am on the blast plan an got a speed upgrade last night (3.28.13) and went from 30-35mb to between 60-90mb steady. All i had to do for the upgrade was reboot the modem.

I have an Arris 722g telephony modem that is a replacement of a 602. The only reason I replaced the 602 that was given at install is I wanted to make sure it was IPv6 capable and allowed bonded channels.

So the bottom line is when I had Centurylink the phone was average with no features and the internet (40/5) was always somewhere around 30mb and cost $15 dollars more.

Very happy so far.

Update: 6/25/2013

Moved and upgraded to XF triple play. Other than the install taking three different techs things were good. The only exception was the fact that the any room dvr was advertised in my area (87121) after install I was told that I should have gotten it. Then I got another phone call and was told that it was not available in my area yet even though it was advertised. I was told that the node was not equipped for any room dvr. Someone is supposed to call in august and see when it will be available. The upside is I started out with a $328 install fee (complicated install), I got it waived down to the cost of the package for the month. So I guess that is something. I will update the review once I get the call on the dvr (if I do)...

10/31/13. Finally have dvr but was having some issues. Turns out the MOCA filter was installed improperly. That was fixed today. Overall still happy we will see how it goes

member for 10.4 years, 929 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by mjcrocket See Profile

• Location: Abingdon,Harford,MD
Good "Increased services, reduced monthly charge, minor problem quickly resolved"
Bad "Nothing"
Overall "Worth the money"

Called customer service on a Sunday morning to ask a question about a minor problem with my set top box. While waiting for the box to download software we got to talking about products offered by Comcast. The rep mentioned that I could port my landline to Comcast and that the cost for my existing TV & Internet service would drop to around $159.00 and would include a new DVR, additional channels, and a new Modem with WI-FII & phone access. I mentioned that I would need to port two lines. The additional line would add $11.00 to the quoted total. The new equipment was delivered within 72 hours. Due to a minor technical problem with the outside plant; the equipment did not work. A quick call to customer service resulted in an appointment to the a tech come out to fix the problem. Due to my schedule I would be out of town for several days and would be returning on a Sunday. I was told that appointments could be made for Sunday afternoon. On the appointed day the tech called two hours before the appointment to see if I was home and could he come then. We set the new time to 2:30 pm. I went outside shortly before that time and found the tech in his truck waiting for the appointed time. He ran a couple of tests identified the problem, went outside for some additional tests and adjustments. Returned in about 10 minutes hooked up the equipment and everything has worked fine ever since. The modem has provision for an internal battery which I had to call for at a different 800 number. In my county the battery is free and it was delivered in 48 hours. I have the modem connected to a small external UPS which gives me a total of about 10 hours of phone service in the event of a power failure and about 2.5 hours of internet & WI-FII. Total monthly savings are well over $100.00. Glad I made the move. Even if there are annual price increases those increases will never eat up the monthly savings.

member for 13.9 years, 3496 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by technik0 See Profile

• Location: Evanston,Cook,IL
Good "Fast speeds and acceptable reliability"
Bad "Can't think of any at the moment"
Overall "Pretty good overall"

·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
Had service for a month now which feels like a reasonable amount of time to get an idea of the quality of service. Purely internet. No TV or phone. In my area, it seems Comcast is well regarded and recommended. The Evanston, IL reddit had numerous people saying it was the best option so I decided to try it myself.

Visited a service center to get set up. Process in store was fairly easy and was handed a modem there & then as previous tenant in my apartment had service so everything was ready to go. Took it home but couldn't find anywhere to hook it up. Turns out last occupant sliced cable off the wall. Thanks bro!

Called Comcast up (Sunday evening) and explained. They arranged for a technician to come on Tuesday as the Monday was Labor Day. Quick turnaround...I was expecting a longer wait. Tech arrived in the afternoon on the Tuesday and only needed a few minutes to sort out the cable. Person on the call was helpful.

Once all plugged in the modem took a while to get a connection. I was on the phone with Comcast to "activate" and they said the modem would do that as it would be downloading updates. After about 20 minutes all was working. Person on the phone was again pleasant and helpful and stayed on until they were sure all was working right.

So far one month in I've had 2 or 3 momentary drops and re-syncs of the signal. One outage during the middle of the night for about 3 hours. This seemed to be a problem in my area as the Comcast site mentioned reports during the event.

Speeds, as far as I'm aware should be 50Mbit down and 10Mbit up. Every test I do comes in about 60Mbit down and 12Mbit up so it appears to be faster than advertised. I play a lot of online PC games and stream netflix. Pings to local Chicagoland servers are usually 15ms. To East Coast servers usually 25-35ms. Netflix streaming has been reliable with no buffering.

Online tracker mentions 250GB allowance but it doesn't appear to be enforced at this time.

The modem (Arris TG862G) appears to be a nice piece of kit. Reliably holds the connection. The wireless signal appears to be strong. I can still be connected on my phone when I'm over 100 metres from the apartment.

Overall quite satisfied.

Comments:

Review by JP84 See Profile

• Location: Lebanon,Hunterdon,NJ
Good "Lightning fast internet for the same price as DSL"
Bad "Terrible customer service,"
Overall "I would recommend this if your only 2 options are DSL or Cable."

Coming from Century link 10mbps DSL ($65 per month, plus a mandatory $9, because at that tier they make you use their own modem / gateway, and you have to bundle VoIP phone service)

Installed Comcast Blast 105, currently averaging 128mbps down (sometimes I can hit 132) No bandwidth caps, $64 per month, no contract, haven't dropped a connection since install a week ago, Using my own SB4161 modem, Asus ac87u router. I can play multi-player games on PS4, while streaming 1080p Netflix, and watching Youtube HD, at the same time with zero lag, or performance decreases at all. Only downside is Comcast customer service is a joke (Century Links is no better)

I can only comment about the high speed internet, I use Directv as my TV service, and use Verizon as my mobile phone provider.

I'm also not sure if it is a steady 128mbps down, all my speed tests show 125+ but I have not downloaded a huge file (Only ones I download are full games on PS3 and PS4, where you cant see the download bit rate, and it looks like Sony's marketplace servers cap download speeds to 20mbps regardless of connection)

Comments:

Review by asalamon See Profile

• Location: Bethesda,Montgomery,MD
Good "Awesome Internet & TV"
Overall "Happy I switched from FIOS!"

Comcast Xfinity X1 platform is great. The first time since the original Tivo box came out that I haven't been disappointed with guide. Internet is reliable and Netflix works great (which was constantly buffering on Fios).

Comments:

Review by grod46 See Profile

• Location: Firebaugh,Fresno,CA
Good "Great Speeds and Great support from local center and Non overseas support"
Bad "Install fees"
Overall "if you want fast speeds i would highly recommend comcast "

Ordered online and got next day installation, the technician was very kind and helpful, replaced all the cable from the tap all the way to each of the individual rooms, the gateway is okay at best, would highly recommend getting your own modem and router unless your getting VoIP from comcast.I currently have the X1 Double play with one X1 DVR (free for 1 year) and 3 Companion X1 HD Boxes, Blast 105 (upgraded from Blast 50) and have a Owned Moto SB6141.

member for 2 years, 394 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by FarmerBob See Profile

• Location: Littleton,Arapahoe,CO
Good "It's there when I need it and has performed admirably since install (until Spring 2013 Increase) . . ."
Bad "Nothing just yet. And hoping nothing later . . . Spoke too soon . . ."
Overall "When needing to flee from CenturyLink, these guys stepped up. Tripped, stumbled, stepped up, tripped again . . . getting there."

·EarthLink
·ViaTalk
09/18/14

As directed I called back to the Exec CSR dept to "review" options on another years pricing and once again could not get a hold of my rep that told me to call back. So I left a message on the main line and got a call back from my, yet another, new CSR (number 9, I think). He was and has been reachable and quite attentive (and promises to be so forever on) to what I need. Although since I couldn't get a hold of anyone, and needed to get things resolved since I had a standing bill with the new rebound pricing, I called retention and got an OK deal after being told that the one I had could not be had anymore. But I did end up with triple the speed, 20/5 to 60/10 for $20 more a month. Now either the increase in speed put me in a slot that is more reliable or they are really cleaning things for another speed increase that I was told was in the works for my area. Of which I was told I would be getting another speed bump in a couple of months when the capability is rolled out in my area. So far things are better at the new speed. I think the slower speeds have inherent issues that the faster tiers don't. So for the most part I am happy. Although I would have been happier at the slower speed and lower pricing. AND at the lower pricing I was content to rent the modem. They were doing me a bit of a favor so I thought I would do them one and help add to the $300 Million rental pile. Now that it's increased, it's time to buy a modem.

Update: 10/11/13:

Well for the first 18 months, not counting the billing issues that finally got fixed by ExecCSR #2, it was great. But since the "Speed Increase" in the Spring of 2013, it's been a bit of a nightmare. My speed and solidarity hit the floor when it was suppose to be increased. I am now on my 7th ExecCSR who I have only heard from once after leaving 6 VMs, so I guess it's on to number 8. Tracking speed graphs from the best speed test site SpeedOf.me looks like a child bouncing a ball on the floor. I had a personal Tech Rep that in the beginning first said that it was all on my end until I told him to look up my last tech visit, which the tech that came out got pissed off because everything was perfect, if not better. He sad that we were wasting his time when he could be helping someone that really needed help. I didn't ask for him ECSR #4 said one had to be dispatched to start the ball rolling. After checking this report my over the phone regional tech super, now says it's on their end, he'll check into it and call me back. And at that time my 18/3 speed was all I should expect he said. Needless to say, I never heard back from him.

I had 30/6 solid before they started jacking around with things. That was last April and I have not heard from anyone since. And when I try to call him, he is no longer at the ext that he gave me. I have been told the reason that I am on my 7th CSR and techs are not returning calls, is because their department has been so successful at solving problems that they were escalated to cover the whole country instead of my particular region. Or so the dept head told me. Then she said I'd be hearing from another ESCR and I have yet to. This was last June. The day we buried my father (July 18th), what macabre milestone, my speed went back to 30/6 and has been all over the as the speed graphs show. But over the past couple of weeks things are leavening off at 30/6. Still a bit rocky and not a solid as it was. Good traffic happens with a solid connection, not speed. Speed is just an illusion that they use to make you think you got it good. WRONG. And their Flash or JAVA based speed tests can be "rigged". Use SpeedOf.me for a clean HTML5 test. Of which shows I have a faster connection than the new IPv4 & 6 test Comcast is using now. So day by day I watch and wait, when I use to just cruise along. We'll have to see what happens next. Oh and if you have a good connection, relish it and do not take it for granted. It may be gone tomorrow.

12/19/11:

First, my sales rep was great. I had an old eMail address for a manager that I worked with on a business install that was no longer with the company. But the eMail I sent was properly forwarded and I was contacted with no further effort on my part. She was right there with the info I needed and instantly took care of any weirdness or complications. Hurdle number one cleared easily.

So . . . It's been a little over a week since install. I wanted to give it a couple days for both me and the service to settle in a bit. I had to postpone a couple of times, weather issues. I wanted the installers not to have to deal with snow. Postponing was easy and there were no issues nor people getting perturbed about it and their electronic system keep accurate pace with all the changes. Once up and running, speed is great. 3X faster down, 6X faster up at a quarter of the price. Two Techs were dispatched, although only one was needed, but it made the install a lot faster. AND unlike "certain satellite installers", these guys were not afraid to go up on the roof and get things done as needed. It makes a big difference. These guys were sharp, confident and considerate. They worked with me as if I was their direct superior making it a team effort where all my wishes and concerns were addressed and I got an install the way it should be. Haven't seen that kind of interaction in a long while. Quite refreshing.

Price. Although I'm in a promo period, even when it's over I'll still have faster service at a cheaper price. And from what I am seeing, Xfinity is stepping up and are making it very desirable to migrate from CenturyLink. I have been a member of these forums for a long time and know that there is good information here. What I have been seeing is a dynamic switch in reviews and customer experiences with the market absorbing Qwest/CenturyLink on a far more negative level than I have ever seen for any provider of any kind of service. And Comcast rising nicely. Which made it easier for me to migrate. Mostly on a "mental comfort" level.

So far all is good and I am confident that it will stay that way. If not, I'll be right back and let you know.

Thanks to all involved that has made this so painless and hassle free that I'm not really noticing that I have new service, other than the great speed and stability that is making my life so much better. Oh, but that constantly flashing LAN light on the modem is making me nuts. I'm use to DSL flashing only when there is traffic.

Oh I forgot: I was hoping to get a Surfboard (SB)6120 or 21 as the rental so I could try it out so when it came time to buy one I'd had have experience with it. Since it's one of the #1 cited out there and given three stars on the Comcast modem page. But I was given a Ubee (never heard of it before) DDM3513 instead being told that it's their latest and greatest. So that started me on a night of investigation on my new service. I found the Ubee is one of the better and also found that my service can handle a better level of modem. That being a Zoom 5341J that I would have never known about if I didn't have to surf. So in the long run I won't be staying with the Ubee, but won't be going with my prime choice of the SB either.