Review by MTBikerChris See Profile

• Location: Broomfield,Broomfield,CO
Good "Great speed even better Now 180/20"
Bad "nill"
Overall "Loving the speed upgrade we got this Xmas 2015 ."

Review Update 1-7-15

Since my last review my speed has gone up many times and now sitting at 180/20 Loving it Thanks comcast !

Review Update 8-13-13

Since we got the upgrade a few months ago i have been very happy with what i have ! The Service has been rock solid ,Never any down time !

Review Update 5-15-12

Moved back to old Apt and the speed is way faster with 30/4 and loving it.
Comcast has been awesome for all these year's !!

Review Update 12-02-10
I Moved and now have even more Speed vs just blast and Loving it.. Comcast HSI has been awesome for all these years.

Review update 10-5-2009
Well The Service has been great. It took alittle longer for us here in Broomfield to get the new speeds that Denver got back in early Sept. i am now getting what i had on blast for 20 bucks less. Thanks Comcast.

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::
Download Connection is:: 23173 Kbps about 23.17 Mbps (tested with 25600 kB)
Download Speed is:: 2829 kB/s
Upload Connection is:: 9281 Kbps about 9.3 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 1133 kB/s
Tested From:: »testmy.net (Main)
Test Time:: 2009/10/06 - 11:37am
D-Validation Link:: »testmy.net/stats/id-OAF9E74WL
U-Validation Link:: »testmy.net/stats/id-IHOLV1DKP
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) [!]

Review update 3-2-2009

The service for the most part has been great. As of dec 24 2008 CC has blast here in Colorado but went back and forth with them to get it . My speeds have been 17mps up to 22 down/2.5 to 3mps up and been loving it . Now i can watch tv shows online and the play like they should.

Review update 8-10-2008

My HSI still is working great.as of may i dropped down to the 6000/512 package but Comcast has now upgraded us to 6000/1000 as of june so thanks Comcast..

I have to say that i have the 8000/768 deal from Comcast and it sure rocks.I use to have Roadrunner in Houston and if i wanted this speed i had to pay out of the you know what to get 8000/512 . This deal is for 29.99 for 6 months and it go's to 52.99 after that.I have to say that i am very happy that i got it.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 11107 Kbps about 11.1 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)
Download Speed is:: 1356 kB/s
Tested From:: »testmy.net/ (Server 1)
Test Time:: 2006/10/23 - 7:08am
Bottom Line:: 194X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.76 sec
Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 8.968 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 101.32 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Still loving it

Comments:

Review by hortnut See Profile

• Location: PNW
Good "Speed is consistent. Decent service"
Bad "Price keeps increasing"
Overall "It works as advertised."

Patience is the best tool.

1-4-2015
Now is the time to get out the Shaver.

member for 9.5 years, 3496 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by cox3406 See Profile

• Location: Knoxville,Knox,TN

XFinity X1 works good most of the time, new set top boxes are a little buggy but overall its nice.

Comments:

Review by Robyn See Profile

• Location: Ponte Vedra Beach,Saint Johns,FL
Good "Excellent TV/HSI/Voice"
Bad "Bad wireless range with Gateway. Isn't cheap."
Overall "I Like It"

I've been a Comcast customer for a very long time with TV (decade +). Added HSI about 3-4 years ago (switched from AT&T DSL). Added voice a little over a year ago (switched from AT&T). Overall - I really couldn't be happier with these services almost all of the time (especially considering the dismal level of our DSL and even our AT&T landline when we gave them up). Are there occasional problems? Yes. Are they sometimes a PITA to solve? Yes. Overall really good.

With one exception. If you're looking for great wireless coverage in your house - you're probably not going to get it with a Comcast Gateway device. And will have to come up with another solution.

Note that this service isn't cheap. OTOH - my service is for 105/20 internet service - tons of TV stations on 6 TVs - and a phone line with lots of features. I'm not complaining.

Comments:

Review by orson39 See Profile

• Location: Chico,Butte,CA
Good "Crazy fast!"
Bad "None!"
Overall "Actually very happy"

Going into our 5th year of triple play. Internet, voice and HDTV with DVR including HBO and Starz ! They just bumped our speed up to 105 mbps! Customer service has been amazing. Truly. We couldn't be happier!

»www.speedtest.net/result/4031020 ··· 0866.png

Comments:

Review by KayakinMike See Profile

• Location: Alameda,Alameda,CA
Good "Actually faster than advertised speeds"
Bad "Download speeds inconsistent"
Overall "Faster than old provider for same price"

·VOIPO
Happy with my service.

Comments:

Review by MNickerson See Profile

• Location: Hayward,Alameda,CA
Good "Been a solid connection with only 1 outage in the past year"
Bad "Speed changes erratically 5M+ on minute 1M the next. Throws this tantrum about 1x or 2x a month."
Overall "Works in my case, its here to stay for now. $ to $ it's one of the better values"

Well once you finally get them to install a clean line if you need it.

If you have Issues Customer Service is PATHETIC [**STILL IS BAD**]

Own my own router, cost of the Comcast ones are ridiculous nowadays

**UPDATE**
As of JUNE 2014, the information has changed minimally. I tried a few other plans but in my area I am limited realistically

Comments:

Review by Lou_n_Di See Profile

• Location: Seymour,New Haven,CT
Good "reasonable price for 25Mbs-Excellent Tech installation"
Bad "none YET"
Overall "Everything is working fine!"

·AT&T DSL Service
02/17/2014
New installation this afternoon---25Mbs Performance Tier---$29.99 for 12 months then $53.99/month.
Tech installed(I'm lazy) with a CICSO DPC 3939 Wireless Voice Gateway.Tech ran a new line from the pole to the house(replaced the 30 year old wiring)replaced the exposed cable in the house(short run from outside to a new spliter in the garage) New box and hardware in the computer room.He setup everything from wireless to email.Worked quickly and neatly. Showed me speed and line tests results....Was happy to answer ALL of my silly questions.
Adjusted RWIN to 300000- Speed test (speedtest.net) shows 28Mbs DWN 6Mbs UP.
Everything is working perfectly...Nice change from the 1.5Mbs DSL
03/02/14
Two weeks of great service- No issues with email and no service interruptions with excellent speeds that continually measures 28 to 33 DWN and over 5Mbs UP with the 2.4 GHz WiFi network yielding 20 DWN and 5 UP with NO range issues within the house. (Presently there's nothing home that can access the 5GHz network)
Excellent PING numbers and NO packet loss issues. REAL nice change from my old DSL service.
03/16/14
upgraded the WLAN card on the laptop---can now access the 5GHz network--download speeds measure 22-24Mbs with upload at 5 to 6.
Life is good!
12/22/14
Almost a year of GREAT service.....NO issues with service interruptions,no issues with email, have yet to see a xfinitywifi hotspot pop-up on the router, excellent speeds. I have noticed that the range of the 5GHz WiFi is much less than the 2.4 GHz. I see this when I'm at the far end of the house. Other than that all is well!

member for 14.2 years, 3404 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Noodles

@comcast.net

Watch out for the wifi

I've read online some people are saying that comcasts new wifi routers now have two networks. One for you personally, and one public wifi that anyone can use. It does pull on your overall bandwidth and cause you to go over you 300 gig bandwidth cap. I would check to see if any new wireless networks have popped up and see if you got hit with one, and if so disable it.

Lou_n_Di
Everyone Needs A Hero
join:2001-01-18
Seymour, CT

Re: Watch out for the wifi

No SSID xfinitywifi hotspot noted-Thanks for the heads up!

Review by g0nepostal See Profile

• Location: Burlingame,San Mateo,CA
Good "Phemonenal speed, reliable service"
Bad "Nothing so far, haven't hit any invisible caps yet"
Overall "Happy with the service, far more than I was with U-Verse"

·magicjack.com
12/15/2014 UPDATE: After logging into my account through Comcast's customer service website, I found out that Comcast's monthly cap is 250GB, but apparently it is currently NOT being enforced. YMMV. Also, as noted, you CAN call Comcast tech support to request that your cable modem be placed in Bridge mode, but from what I've read this takes a bit of persistence, not to mention patience. I'd rather stick to using a DMZ.

4.5/5. I'm still happy with the service, 2 months in.

------------------------

Cut the cord from ATT U-Verse to go with Comcast for HSI and Dish for TV. Signed up for 50 down / 5 up HSI service for $39.99 a month for 12 months, with no contract (regular rate is $69/month). Ordered online and the technician came to install the service 4 days later.

Since our house already had a prior Comcast cable drop, all the tech had to do was run new coax from the old drop connection to our den where the cable modem was going to be set up. I had already purchased my own modem, so all that was required was for him to activate the modem and make sure that we had good signal. Once that was done the install was complete and we were online.

Been online now for about 2 months and haven't had a single service outage. Unfortunately Comcast does not appear to allow cable modems to work in bridge mode, so to get around this I set up a DMZ and assigned our edge router to it. Also, apparently Comcast wants to turn all of the WiFI capable modems on its network to free hotspots for its customers (there is a lot of information on this here on DSLR), but this apparently will only apply to rented modems, not customer-owned equipment. Hence I would recommend buying your own modem and saving yourself both having to share the connection with strangers and having to pay Comcast a modem rental fee (I bought a refurbished Motorola SBG6580 on Amazon for $90. Much better than leasing.).

Other than the above, Comcast HSI has been excellent. I am happy with the service and the price is not bad at all. So far I haven't hit any sort of download cap, even with all of the video streaming my wife and I do; I am presuming that the monthly invisible DL cap is somewhere around 250-300GB, which is actually not bad.

I haven't had to use tech support yet (it helps that I know what I am doing), so I can't really rate it. That said, since the install coordination was excellent and since the tech knew what he was doing while setting up the connection I am going to rate tech support a 5.

Comcast HSI gets a 4.5/5 in my book. The 0.5 point deduction is due to the famed invisible DL cap and for forcing users to run a DMZed edge router to get around not being able to bridge the connection. Otherwise, I'm quite happy.

gp

Comments:

Clark Kent

join:2014-07-31
Detroit, MI

Bridge mode is allowed.

Comcast does allow customers to place there gateways in bridge mode. Some can be done from the user interface others require a call or chat to a comcast rep and they can place it in bridge mode from there end.

g0nepostal
I Am The One Her Mom Warned Her About

join:2001-03-23
Burlingame, CA
·magicjack.com

Re: Bridge mode is allowed.

So I've read, but you apparently have to go through the gauntlet of Tier I and Tier II tech support to reach someone who can send the command down the wire to your modem to enable bridge mode, if you can't turn bridge mode on yourself using the modem's configuration pages. No thanks. DMZing the edge router is much easier.

Review by MysterHide See Profile

• Location: Bremerton,Kitsap,WA
Good "Low Pings, Speedy, Fast Install"
Bad "Random disconnects, slow during peak, awful customer service"
Overall "Most reliable in town"

49.99 Internet Plus w/Blast + Local TV + HBO & StreamPix
Fast order, easy install. Tech showed up early.

member for 13.1 years, 681 visits, last login: a few hours ago