Review by grod46 See Profile

• Location: Firebaugh,Fresno,CA
Good "Great Speeds and Great support from local center and Non overseas support"
Bad "Install fees"
Overall "if you want fast speeds i would highly recommend comcast "

Ordered online and got next day installation, the technician was very kind and helpful, replaced all the cable from the tap all the way to each of the individual rooms, the gateway is okay at best, would highly recommend getting your own modem and router unless your getting VoIP from comcast.I currently have the X1 Double play with one X1 DVR (free for 1 year) and 3 Companion X1 HD Boxes, Blast 105 (upgraded from Blast 50) and have a Owned Moto SB6141.

member for 1.8 years, 311 visits, last login: a few hours ago
lodged a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Rob See Profile

• Location: Miami,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "Fast Speeds, Always Up, Great Techs"
Bad "Price, Bad Reputation"
Overall "Good Speeds, but price could be better."

Great service. No complaints except for price.

member for 13 years, 6538 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by FarmerBob See Profile

• Location: Littleton,Arapahoe,CO
Good "It's there when I need it and has performed admirably since install (until Spring 2013 Increase) . . ."
Bad "Nothing just yet. And hoping nothing later . . . Spoke too soon . . ."
Overall "When needing to flee from CenturyLink, these guys stepped up. Tripped, stumbled, stepped up, tripped again . . . getting there."

·EarthLink
·ViaTalk
09/18/14

As directed I called back to the Exec CSR dept to "review" options on another years pricing and once again could not get a hold of my rep that told me to call back. So I left a message on the main line and got a call back from my, yet another, new CSR (number 9, I think). He was and has been reachable and quite attentive (and promises to be so forever on) to what I need. Although since I couldn't get a hold of anyone, and needed to get things resolved since I had a standing bill with the new rebound pricing, I called retention and got an OK deal after being told that the one I had could not be had anymore. But I did end up with triple the speed, 20/5 to 60/10 for $20 more a month. Now either the increase in speed put me in a slot that is more reliable or they are really cleaning things for another speed increase that I was told was in the works for my area. Of which I was told I would be getting another speed bump in a couple of months when the capability is rolled out in my area. So far things are better at the new speed. I think the slower speeds have inherent issues that the faster tiers don't. So for the most part I am happy. Although I would have been happier at the slower speed and lower pricing. AND at the lower pricing I was content to rent the modem. They were doing me a bit of a favor so I thought I would do them one and help add to the $300 Million rental pile. Now that it's increased, it's time to buy a modem.

Update: 10/11/13:

Well for the first 18 months, not counting the billing issues that finally got fixed by ExecCSR #2, it was great. But since the "Speed Increase" in the Spring of 2013, it's been a bit of a nightmare. My speed and solidarity hit the floor when it was suppose to be increased. I am now on my 7th ExecCSR who I have only heard from once after leaving 6 VMs, so I guess it's on to number 8. Tracking speed graphs from the best speed test site SpeedOf.me looks like a child bouncing a ball on the floor. I had a personal Tech Rep that in the beginning first said that it was all on my end until I told him to look up my last tech visit, which the tech that came out got pissed off because everything was perfect, if not better. He sad that we were wasting his time when he could be helping someone that really needed help. I didn't ask for him ECSR #4 said one had to be dispatched to start the ball rolling. After checking this report my over the phone regional tech super, now says it's on their end, he'll check into it and call me back. And at that time my 18/3 speed was all I should expect he said. Needless to say, I never heard back from him.

I had 30/6 solid before they started jacking around with things. That was last April and I have not heard from anyone since. And when I try to call him, he is no longer at the ext that he gave me. I have been told the reason that I am on my 7th CSR and techs are not returning calls, is because their department has been so successful at solving problems that they were escalated to cover the whole country instead of my particular region. Or so the dept head told me. Then she said I'd be hearing from another ESCR and I have yet to. This was last June. The day we buried my father (July 18th), what macabre milestone, my speed went back to 30/6 and has been all over the as the speed graphs show. But over the past couple of weeks things are leavening off at 30/6. Still a bit rocky and not a solid as it was. Good traffic happens with a solid connection, not speed. Speed is just an illusion that they use to make you think you got it good. WRONG. And their Flash or JAVA based speed tests can be "rigged". Use SpeedOf.me for a clean HTML5 test. Of which shows I have a faster connection than the new IPv4 & 6 test Comcast is using now. So day by day I watch and wait, when I use to just cruise along. We'll have to see what happens next. Oh and if you have a good connection, relish it and do not take it for granted. It may be gone tomorrow.

12/19/11:

First, my sales rep was great. I had an old eMail address for a manager that I worked with on a business install that was no longer with the company. But the eMail I sent was properly forwarded and I was contacted with no further effort on my part. She was right there with the info I needed and instantly took care of any weirdness or complications. Hurdle number one cleared easily.

So . . . It's been a little over a week since install. I wanted to give it a couple days for both me and the service to settle in a bit. I had to postpone a couple of times, weather issues. I wanted the installers not to have to deal with snow. Postponing was easy and there were no issues nor people getting perturbed about it and their electronic system keep accurate pace with all the changes. Once up and running, speed is great. 3X faster down, 6X faster up at a quarter of the price. Two Techs were dispatched, although only one was needed, but it made the install a lot faster. AND unlike "certain satellite installers", these guys were not afraid to go up on the roof and get things done as needed. It makes a big difference. These guys were sharp, confident and considerate. They worked with me as if I was their direct superior making it a team effort where all my wishes and concerns were addressed and I got an install the way it should be. Haven't seen that kind of interaction in a long while. Quite refreshing.

Price. Although I'm in a promo period, even when it's over I'll still have faster service at a cheaper price. And from what I am seeing, Xfinity is stepping up and are making it very desirable to migrate from CenturyLink. I have been a member of these forums for a long time and know that there is good information here. What I have been seeing is a dynamic switch in reviews and customer experiences with the market absorbing Qwest/CenturyLink on a far more negative level than I have ever seen for any provider of any kind of service. And Comcast rising nicely. Which made it easier for me to migrate. Mostly on a "mental comfort" level.

So far all is good and I am confident that it will stay that way. If not, I'll be right back and let you know.

Thanks to all involved that has made this so painless and hassle free that I'm not really noticing that I have new service, other than the great speed and stability that is making my life so much better. Oh, but that constantly flashing LAN light on the modem is making me nuts. I'm use to DSL flashing only when there is traffic.

Oh I forgot: I was hoping to get a Surfboard (SB)6120 or 21 as the rental so I could try it out so when it came time to buy one I'd had have experience with it. Since it's one of the #1 cited out there and given three stars on the Comcast modem page. But I was given a Ubee (never heard of it before) DDM3513 instead being told that it's their latest and greatest. So that started me on a night of investigation on my new service. I found the Ubee is one of the better and also found that my service can handle a better level of modem. That being a Zoom 5341J that I would have never known about if I didn't have to surf. So in the long run I won't be staying with the Ubee, but won't be going with my prime choice of the SB either.

member for 13.7 years, 1552 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

Review by krypt08700 See Profile

• Location: Midwest
Good "Consistant speeds, Solid upload bandwidth."
Bad "Moderate outages"
Overall "Average"

·Mediacom
Had Blast! 50M with random TV (that I never watched).
Upgraded to 100M Internet only. (All this before the national speed upgrades)
Youtube and a few other bandwidth intensive sites ran better while using a VPN (less buffering, etc).

Hardware: Motorola SB6121
Speed: 100/25M

»i.imgur.com/mIWjbr0.png

member for 11.3 years, 147 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by kellodl See Profile

• Location: Huntsville,Madison,AL
Good "Speed, Channels, HD Quality"
Bad "Kinda expensive...but that's what you pay in this market. For this speed though, I think it's worth it."
Overall "I get what I pay for. Can't really complain."

·Knology
I have the 100/20 package and the only reason I don't get 100Mbps is my router is capped at 100Mb, lol.
I ordered through a salesman, you get the best rate that way.
I received the X1 system and it's great!
Great experience overall. I can't complain.

Comments:

Review by floydb1982 See Profile

• Location: Kent,King,WA
Good "Fastest in my area"
Bad "N/A"
Overall "Faster than CenturyLink DSL"

·Clearwire Wireless
I have the 50Mb/s internet + HDTV. Works great and it's way faster than CenturyLink DSL. I did how ever have to get a signal booster after having HDTV installed in both my bedroom and living room. Other than that it works great. It may be $81.54 a month but well worth it to me.

member for 10 years, 2002 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by exess See Profile

• Location: Joppa,Harford,MD
Good "Haeford County MD, very reliable nothing out of the ordinary"
Bad "service change always require double check...(next day or even hour)"
Overall "could be unbeatable if offered speed match UP/Down"

we've been with Comcast for over 5 years. Last year before X1 launch, a tech had visited and talked to me about it but warned me that it is not yet available outside Baltimore county but only if I asked for it.... Of course I did, 5 days later X1 setup and working flawlessly.

for 5 years we had to call every 12 months since our service aggrement (not Contract) or price was valid for 12 monmths only. Every time they offered better or same for same price... I always use competition offers to get some freebies or upgrades at no charge....

09/16/2014 Bill was at 154 got reduced to 149 gained streampix and Blast internet...

Can't complain.

Comments:

Review by jimdm See Profile

• Location: Muncy,Lycoming,PA
Good "Extremely fast speeds, good spam filtering, very few outages."
Bad "Price keeps going up, tech support is still just a waste of time."
Overall "Has been reliable and really has no competition in this area. "

Speed Package is Blast, 105/10.

Purchased own modem, Zoom 5341J.

If you want tech support or special deals, good luck.

Too bad Comcast Direct isn't an option anymore.

member for 13.4 years, 4636 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Immer See Profile

• Location: Grovetown,Columbia,GA
Good "The internet connection is reliable. HD Channels meet my needs."
Bad "Technical support, Customer service"
Overall "If they are the only option in town, there is no choice but to lower your expectaions of service beyond an internet connection."

9/17/2014: We paid an electrician to re-stub the house and the install was corrected after another visit from COMCAST. We've had intermittent problems during the day. Yesterday all signal disappeared from the house (cable and internet). After a day of my wife dealing with telephone customer service (to no avail) we are finished with COMCAST. At one point when my wife asked for a way to lodge a formal complaint regarding the customer service, the tech gave my wife a bogus phone number to call. We will be moving to AT&T U-Verse this week.

I built a new house and had to switch back to Comcast. Their new Xfinity modem/router is a nice upgrade since the last time I was a customer. Their new cable boxes are also a solid upgrade in most features (I do miss the instant "last channel" button. Now I have to use a menu). The connection is more reliable, but the speeds during the day don't match what was advertised or what we are paying for.

The local Comcast also chops up a great deal of local advertising. I don't pay for advertisement, so I don't know if the 5~8 seconds of commercials that are being played and then swapped to a different commercial are billed at full price. It is a very common occurrence, so buyers beware. This comment was part of my original review, and remains. I see at least one commercial chopped to only 5~10 seconds each day. Again, I don't pay for advertisement, and I don't know if someone is getting a free 5 seconds or cheated out of 25, but as a viewer it is annoying.

The installation team, the wire burial team, and the telephone customer service teams are completely out of sync and horrible to try to work with to get a repair, troubleshooting, or to think through a problem with. We had one very nice tech come to the house to install wire and an extra grounding wire, only to have the burial team (2nd visit) remove the grounding wire, shorten the coax line, and bury a line that was never grounded. The next install guy (3rd visit) cut the buried line, laid completely new coax and chose a completely different approach to grounding the connection. All of which has yet to be buried (will require 1 possibly 2 more visits) and the telephone customer service is utterly useless. They only "add notes to the ticket" and argue against you when you ask for a supervisor, even going so far as pretending none is around. After waiting on the line for 20-40 minutes, that implies extremely long coffee/bathroom breaks, or a refusal to serve the customer. My vote is for the latter. If there was ANYONE else in my neighborhood... fIOS, WoW, ATT, we'd switch.

member for 4.7 years, 1651 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
netwerp

join:2010-12-10
Evans, GA
·AT&T DSL Service

Comcast customer service

I know it's a pain, but try this and assert your position as a paying customer (you certainly pay enough!):

First, keep notes with date and time for each change. Write down the ID of the customer service person. Record the phone conversation if practical, but the notes are best. Note the times when you call, (you will be but on hold) the time when answered, the times when you are switched to another, (on hold again) each time you talk to a customer service person and when they put you on hold.

If there is resistance from the c.s. person, be assertive; it's better not to threaten. But if you feel you must threaten, let them know your options (and then follow through if necessary): you are recording all conversations (if so), you will report dissatisfaction to various agencies: (Grovetown if they control any franchise), County, State Attorney General, etc. You can also call their sales line and complain to them. Find a corporate link to the CEO, CFO, CTO; send him (them) email. Publish results here, facebook, twitter. Talk to or send email to state and national political representatives, senators.

Finally if you know someone personally who is empowered, tell them your dissatisfactions.

My experience with comcast: they don't pay attention to their online reporting system unless when it means they can charge you more money. I have filled out user requests to not phone me and not send me email when my kids push the bandwidth allocation over the limit. I don't care because the price is still competitive - until the bill reaches a certain limit and then I will research and consider my options.

It's not enough that comast is the largest ISP, they want to gobble up Time-Warner, too. Corporations tend to follow the morality of their founders, regardless of what they say. The founder of comcast is quoted as saying something to the effect that charging for cable TV is like taking candy from a baby. If that doesn't convince you then look up "Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy" (try Wikipedia).

Review by teddystacker See Profile

• Location: Philadelphia,Philadelphia,PA
Good "Speed"
Bad "Price , Arrogance of the provider , number of outages"
Overall "Poor customer service , way over priced"

Even in 2009 the number of outages were Six for the year - Totally Unacceptable in this day and age and the main reason I would not even consider their "Digital voice" service.
Customer service as poor as ever.You cannot even call your local office to see if they have a DVR in stock , if you need to swap out a faulty one.You have to stand in line for 25 mins , only to be told they do not have one - crazy when you are paying these guys $150+ a month...

Price - when your paying more to Comcast than you do for your car payment each month , then you know its time to look for a change.

Comcast have had my business for many , many years now , but we are looking for a change , how much worse could Verizon actually be?.

Edit Dec 20212

I still dislike Comcast , but still no other decent ISP here in Philly , so I wait for FIOS , Comcast you are too Expensive and still way to many outages each year..

Edit 2014:

Still dislike Comcast with a passion , still waiting for FIOS - This company just gets bigger by the day , and their prices get higher and their service poorer. Do NOT signup for Comcast unless you really have to - be warned!

member for 12.7 years, 2050 visits, last login: a few hours ago