Charter page on DSLReports

Review by B4Knight See Profile

• Location: Colon,Saint Joseph,MI
Good "Consistent Speed, Pretty Reliable, Customer Service Has Been Good"
Bad "Upload Speed Is Lacking"
Overall "Overall Its Been Great, But YMMV"

Became a Charter HSI only customer in June or July of 2011 and started on the 15Mbps/3Mbps plan @ $29.99/month for 12 months. I bought my own modem which was a Motorola SB6120 (now using a SB6121) to avoid Charters then $5 modem rental fee. After the year promo had ended I think the price went to $45.99/month. Sometime in late 2012 early 2013 I was offered a chance to upgrade to Charter's 30Mbps/4Mbps plan @ $54.99/month which I am currently still on and speeds are always consistent with what was advertised. I suspect that the consistency is due to living in a small town connected to a node which has little to no congestion.

Install was quick, tech (local contractor) showed up on time and didn't have to do a whole lot inside besides reroute some of the existing wiring that was installed prior to us living in this house.

We've had I'd say about 8 outages since I've had the service and most of them were weather/power outage related. The first time I ever had to have a tech come out was towards the middle of Feb. 2014 due to squirrels damaging my drop line causing moisture to build up in it.

August 6th, 2014 - Service is still excellent. Still waiting for Charter Spectrum to be available. I have a feeling it will happen soon.

August 7th, 2014 - Spectrum Internet has gone live! Getting around 60 Mbps/4 Mbps and PowerBoost/Traffic Shaping is no longer active.

September 4th, 2014 - Added Spectrum Voice (Home Phone) for $29.99 and the lady put me on a new promo. I'm getting both Charter Spectrum Internet 60/4 and Spectrum Voice for $59.98/12 months. My POTS bill with Clear Rate Communications (CLEC in Frontier Territory) was around $60/month. I can get two services for the price of one now. Even after the promotion ends in 12 months it goes to $69.98/month which is still a good deal in my opinion.

Install is set for September 12th between 8AM-10AM. I guess that's the earliest they could get a technician to install the service, they must have a heavy workload right now. Seems like a long time, but I can wait.

September 12th, 2014 - Contractor arrived to install Spectrum voice. He arrived right around 8 AM and was finished in about an hour. He installed the phone on a separate coaxial line and mounted an Arris TM822A D3 Telephony Modem onto one of the beams in my basement. The coax for the internet and telephone run into a Atronix 2-Way Vertical Splitter and then out to the house box and so on. I opted to not get the battery backup right now as I have a cell phone. I know that E-911 location services don't work as well with cell phones, but I don't really care much about that right now. I can always add it in the future or buy my own UPS and do it myself.

Call clarity is just as good, if not slightly better than I had with my old POTS line. So no complaints there.

All in all it was a positive experience and I'm saving quite a bit of money now by bundling my internet and phone together.

Update: 03/30/15 - Internet and phone service are still performing great. Only a few brief outages, which was most likely due to maintenance rather than technical difficulties. Recently there has been a routing issue in my area with calling multiple popular 1-800 numbers. It is being looked into and should hopefully be resolved shortly. Will update again when I find out that the routing issue is fixed.

Speeds for 2015:

member for 1 year, 301 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated a few hours ago

Comments:

cpsf856

@169.145.3.x

Charter - Apple TV vs Verizon

I am on day 3 of charter service. The reason that I moved off of Verizon to Charter was when I tried hooking up my apple TV to verizon DSL I was seeing 6 hour download times. After doing a little research I found that for $5 more a month I can try Charter. It came with a 12 month commitment, which is sub optimal but I figured give it a shot because as of now Apple TV is useless.

So the review - internet is faster, can download / stream content from anywhere instantly. I am amazed at how fast the download speed is. I hope the service stays as consistent over the course of 12 months. For now, moving from Verizon appears to be a good move.
B4Knight
join:2014-03-20
SW Michigan

1 recommendation

Re: Charter - Apple TV vs Verizon

12 month commitment? Charter did away with contracts and commitments years ago.. Maybe they still offer them to people who want to lock in a lower rate, most likely bundled. They do have a 30 or 60 day money back guarentee though.

Charter is the only cable provider in my town and Frontier offers DSL with a maximum speed of 6mbps download and around 1Mbps upload. A few of my neighbors had Frontier and could only pull about 3Mbps download even during off peak hours. So for me Charter was a no brainer as Frontier would never meet my needs. Welcome to Charter and I hope your experience is just as good as mine has been for the past 2+ years

BinaryXtreme

join:2013-07-04
Sparks, NV

Re: Charter - Apple TV vs Verizon

I'm on a 12 month commitment. I am bundled but neighbor isn't. He's on a 12 month commitment as well.

Review by grunt9800 See Profile

• Location: Hesperia,San Bernardino,CA
Good "Cheap when bundled"
Bad "Not as fast as Fios"
Overall "Good for the money"

Not bad so far considering it's Charter. Will update if anything changes.

member for 12.7 years, 3902 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by brucehlm See Profile

• Location: Brookfield,Fairfield,CT
Good "Rock solid since sign-on. 20x faster than best Frontier offer."
Bad "Price will go up at end of promo"
Overall "Glad I switched from Frontier ADSL"

I was driven to Charter by the extremely poor service from Frontier. I wish I had switched several years ago. After the mandatory switch from AT&T to Frontier the network became steadily more and more congested until the internet was unusable from 7:00PM until midnight.

Charter is providing exactly the service I bargained for. Time will tell but right now I am extremely satisfied. Charter 60/4 beats Frontier 3/0.5 any day.

Signed on Charter 01/05/15 and it is now 03/24/15 without one problem attributable to Charter.

Comments:

Review by cralt See Profile

• Location: Harwinton,Litchfield,CT
Good "Fast. Getting what I paid for. "
Bad "They are driving me nuts with the constant upsell spam and phone calls. "
Overall "Was happy. But constant nagging is ticking me off. "

I like charter's order system. Was able to do it all online and pick my time slot. In-house installer showed up on time and did install in dark and in poor weather.
I could have had it installed in under 24 hours from order...they where calling me trying to come out because they had an install timeslot open up. I couldn't do it so I kept my original time. Which was still only 3 days from time of order.

Speed is reliable and consistent. 55-60M down. Around 4 up. I pay 39/month for internet only. The modem rental is free. They gave me a new D3 modem.

Its not a contract. The price is just good for 12months. I can cancel anytime.

EDIT 3/20/15
They are driving me nuts with the constant emails, snail mails and calls from 972-528-7706. I asked them to stop calling but they still do. If I don't pick up they will keep calling over and over. Im done with this company as soon as the promo runs out. IF they just took my money and left me alone I would have been happy. But nope, gotta mess that up.

member for 4.2 years, 195 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
cralt

join:2011-01-07
CT

2015

New year. Same speeds. Connection has been stable.
Billing has been correct.

passerby

join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI

Privacy preferences

You can set your privacy preferences here --> »connect.charter.com/cas/portal/s ··· acy.aspx

Though, your verbal requests should have been honored.

Review by kherr See Profile

• Location: Collinsville,Madison,IL
Good "Good speed, Good HD"
Overall "Services rendered as advertised"

After an installation glitch, speed has been as advertised (30/4). The CS rep asked what I did to troubleshoot connection, and didn't make me to Power down, unplug, etc., etc. etc. like a drone reading from a script. and went right to what she needed, to actually watch the modem reboot (told to unplug and wait 20 sec.). She immediately saw a problem and scheduled a service call. Two days later problem was found (missing a filter for the whole house DVR that installer forgot) and have been flying since. After I ordered service, getting rid of ATT DSL I asked neighbor if he had Charter and what he thought. When he said that it was slow, my heart stopped and thought "Oh no, congestion!!. The TV does fine although when recording late night I have found more than once the "Emergency Network Test" has interrupted at bad times ....

When I got my Tivos I had a Pro install from the beginning. It took 2 days but when they sent the supervisor the second day he ripped out the previous wiring muttering something like “don’t these people read the instructions ….”, replaced the drop, installed an amp, and redid the wiring connecting to the splitter. He said that it didn’t have a chance the way they had wired it and said “heads will roll”. They’ve been working ever since. If I ever get another one I’ll spend the $20 and have them do it again.

Update :

Spectrum went active and now the speeds are 100/4 in the St. Louis market for the base package. With TV and HSI it is $125 now that my package expired. Still rock solid with only a less than a day outage.

member for 14.5 years, 4871 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by vaxvms See Profile

• Location: Worcester,Worcester,MA
Good "The technicians that come to my place have been great."
Bad "Telephone support sucks. Too many CSRs are mindless script readers. BOTs are a PITA"
Overall "When things are good they are very good. When things a bad they are VERY bad."

Ordering service was quick and pleasant.
Installation was good. Installer did what I asked without hassle. Arrived when scheduled.
I HAD to get Charter phone service - Verizon service was a big problem. It's been fine.
I have my own modem and router so I don't have any Charter hardware.
I haven't had to use tech support yet.

update April 2008
Phone support is useless. 1) When I had a problem and called support the person wasn't interested in hearing my problem. The operator just wanted my name and address to send a tech. 2) One day my connection dropped. After waiting 2 hours I called support asking if there was a problem. They weren't aware of any problems and told me there must be a large area without service and I happened to be the first to report it. Not the case.
Techs visiting my home have found and fixed problems quickly. These fixes have been simple. I hop not-so-simple problems are resolved quickly.

update: July 2008
Phone support is still useless. Techs sent out to fix hardware problems have been knowledgable and make quick work of diagnosing and replacing broken hardware. The time to get a tech to my home has been very fast. Scheduled a visit on a Saturday morning and tech arrived in 4 hours.

Update January 2009
Things are slacking off. There have been many times where the net connection will drop a few times in a short period. No real pattern to when the connection drops. It doesn't take long to come back but it's more than just annoying when there's 3 or 4 dropped connections in a hour.
I've given up on calling tech support and the standard "There's an outage in your area. We don't know when it'll be fixed." response. Cable service has vanished a few times in the past couple months.

Update April 2009
Outages of all 3 services is becoming more common; at least once a month. Typically service is out for more than 4 hours. Calls to support require I give them my name, phone number, account number, address, and more before they tell me the standard "There's an outage in your area. We don't know when it'll be fixed." response. When service is restored it's back for less than an hour before it goes out again for half an hour. The "new" SA box I got had to be replaced after 3 months.

Update Oct 2009
Service has started dropping out sporatically in rainy weather. When it was happening last(?) year they replaced their box on the utility pole that had become full of water. Literally full of water. Techs were at the neighbor's house this week. Shortly after they arrived my service went out. It's been flickering ever since. Talked to the techs before they left. The techs said the neighbor was having problems with their 'net connection but they could find no problem. Powerboost was introduced a couple days ago.

Update Nov 2010
Network service has been stable.

Update Jun 2011
Phone support is still completely clueless to the real world.
A couple extended outages over the past couple months

Update November 2011
Home service: N/C
I work in downtown Worcester. We have Charter business service. When things are working they work well. When there are problems it can be a nightmare. But that seems to be the case with any service that is provided using wires in downtown Worcester.

Update July 2012
When service works, it's great. When there's a problem phone support is USELESS. For example: I call and report a problem. Tech support says there's no outage in the area. I ask Could it be I'm the first person to be reporting a problem? Support person response is NO YOU COULDN'T ' BE. Then a minute later tells me there is a problem in your area.
Upgrading from service I currently have to the new minimal service will cost me $15/month. Lord I wish there was some other provider available here.
ARRRRG!

30 minutes later
When service is out, phone support is LESS THAN USELESS

10/14/2012
Again I say
Charter phone support sucks farts out of dead dogs butts
both home and business service.

5/18/2013
Yet again I say
Charter phone support sucks farts out of dead dogs butts, both home and business service. 4 out of 5 CSR are completely ignorant and useles.
I've been forced to 30/4 service. I don't need or want 30/4 15/3 would be great. But Charter has declared that to be NFG. The only good thing to say about the required 30/4 service is getting a DOCSIS 3 modem from them.

9/2013
The new 2 option internet service sucks. Charter's offering of 100Mbps or 30Mbps combined with their attitude of 'You don't like it? Then go f*ck yourself' is ridiculous. What's next a 2 package tv offering? You can gave All channels and offerings for $500/month or basic plus a bunch of channels you'll never watch for $150/month.
Cable TV - updates to the software/firmware in the cable box have been happening while I'm watching TV. The show video&audio disappear when a blue screen pops up announcing an update. After the update finishes the show returns. These interruptions have been happening between 8 & 10 PM.
---
When my package deal ended and internet became 2 choices with no package deals ever again I called Charter to see what I could get. I had to speak with 3 ignorant persons before I got to 1 who knew what he was talking about. One of the persons I spoke with told me the price for internet service would never change. What? What do you mean it'll never change? Are you telling me the cost will never go up? The price will never change sir but there will be adjustments made to cover costs to provide the service. So I'll be paying more for the service. No sir the cost will never change.

10/2013
Charter's phone support system is USELESS!!!!!

04/2014
I dropped tv service. All I have is 30/4 internet service (dl faster than I currently need/want). It's fine but when there is any kind of issue phone support is almost never of any help. For example:

ME: My cable service is out. My neighbors too. Is there a problem in the area?
CSR: No one has reported problems in your area.
ME: Could it be that I'm the first person to report the problem?
CSR: No sir. That's not possible.
ME: ??? sigh...

Update July 2014
Many Charter techs don't know their *ss from their elbow. Some are extremely competent. Most should be flipping burgers at McDonald's. I've had the privilege to interact with both. Those that are competent are always amused at what the others say and do.

Update March 2015
My DL speed has recently gone from 30Mbps to 60Mbps. "Free speed upgrade" as Charter calls it. Far more than I need but still the lowest level offered. Cost just went from $50/month to $55/month. Coincidence?
I may, not at my choice, become a Comcast customer this year if the FCC OK's the Comcast / Time Warner merger.

member for 10 years, 4515 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
ChrtrFanBoy6

join:2012-07-02

useless

So they are not useless then? Good. 3

Duggue

@charter.com

Review

Hey - I'm in the Tri-Cities too. After fighting a losing battle with Verizon for many years, bagged 'em and got Charter Cable Internet. Wow!! Super-fast 15Mb/sec down, 3 Mb/sec upload. Had it a year now and only two outages the whole time. One tech support to my house, went well and fixed the problem. Started at $19.99 a month - has kept creeping up now to about $30.00. My only complaint!

Kevin a

@172.56.1.x

charter are criminals

I was told the same thing about the router. Even though I bought the one the suggested. Also the owe me $1478.54. When I was makinga payment they withdrew $770 instead of $77. It cause over$700 in overdrafts in my banking account. This was in March 2013. It is October and still haven't gotten my money back. They state that is to late

Review by chaud See Profile

• Location: Anderson,Anderson,SC
Good "Good speeds, few problems"
Bad "Expensive"
Overall "Decent value for money."

Update 2012: Internet has been mostly solid, very few outages / problems. Not happy that they got rid of the social media support team and promo prices.

Update 2013: Internet has been mostly solid, very few outages / problems.

Update 2014: Internet has been mostly solid, very few outages / problems. Soft caps were removed and replaced with vague language about reasonable use. Speeds upgraded to 60/4.

member for 10.7 years, 3964 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

Review by dragger See Profile

• Location: Festus,Jefferson,MO
Good "Consistently fast"
Bad "Charter Tech! and office employees also"
Overall "Not the deal it once was but far, far ahead of the competition"

I've been a long-time DSL fanboy. I'd never changed away from ATT since the Worldnet days and my 2400 modem. But in the last year or so, ATT's service has deteriorated to the point where I was happy to make the plunge to Charter even after all the horror stories I've seen.

I am still in my 30 day trial and have not disconnected my DSL, but each day it's looking stronger and stronger that I will indeed make the change permanently.

Two issues that ATT couldn't seem to get a handle on: First, they seem to suffer from the oversaturation that was always the black mark against cable. Though I still got consistent speeds (Elite Pro at 6M) my pings were wildly inconsistent and often pages would not load. Running a trace route showed that the request would simply time out somewhere in the middle of the ATT system. Second, their inability to maintain a mail server was the most frustrating. A couple of times a month, pop ups would appear asking for my login name and password. It was the sign that the Yahoo servers were barfing once again. I'd have to turn off timed mail download for a couple of hours and then the same problem would occur shortly later. In 2011, there is no excuse for this.

But this review should be about Charter. That is a case of good news and bad news. The good news is that I am always getting 30 to 35M at any time of day or night. Latency is at a minimum and pages load quickly.

The bad is that Charter still does not seem to be able to run a professional business. I ordered a special offer online; their site crashed before it loaded the final confirmation page. I left the site and checked later and it showed the pending order. As the install date neared, I got double calls to confirm my appointment. I had to call customer service to find out I'd been scheduled for two different installations. No, I did NOT hit the button twice!

The first tech installed the modem, checked out the line, and called it good. After he left I sat down at the computer and found my speed was never higher than 9.6M on a 30M tier. I called Charter and to their credit they got another tech to arrive a couple of hours later. He changed the modem to a Cisco and after a great deal of fiddling got the rated speed. Neither he nor I saw anything we did to fix the problem and he swears it wasn't on their end.

I get my first bill a couple of days after service was installed and it's for $138. I had signed up for a 39.99 package with 7 modem rental. Calling and chatting let me discover that they had billed me for two installations and a monthly rate of 69.99 plus the rental.

Lots of arguing ("We don't offer that rate"), lots of screenshots sent, and after about three hours of my time they agree to the price shown on my confirmation email. But they say it's only good for 6 months. Even when I pointed them to their own website where it listed the term as 12 months, no one would lock in the price. I was told "I don't know why it says that but the system won't let me lock it in for more than 6 months. When the 6 months expire, call us back and we'll give you another 6 months". Yeah, I feel pretty secure about that.

As I get to the end of my trial period, it's going to be a tough decision whether my enjoyment of the fast service will override my hate of dealing with such Alice In Wonderland support people.

02/15/12 Update

I had my first glitch and the staff at Charter Direct came through with flying colors. My speeds were slowly falling off (though almost always right around my specific 30M tier) so I decided to update my network since my router was pretty old. I installed a new Motorola 6121 modem to pair with a Asus RT-N56U router.

When that didn't help much I contacted the forum. I received a reply within hours and was pushed a modem firmware update at the same time. I'm not sure what else took place but my speed has returned to a consistent 45-70M down with 4M up.

I am really happy with Charter at this point. There is no comparison with ATT and I'm really sorry I took this long to change over. The world changes and now I'm bragging about my cable HSI to anyone who will listen.

07/11/12 update

Rock solid performance even in the heat wave. I seemed to lose a little bit of speed but not enough to notice without running a test. I continue to be a happy customer other than the news that the modem I just bought is going to be no longer allowed. Stupid move on their part.

02/27/15

Though I experience a lot more outages these days, the longest are only an hour or two. It's an irritation but my connection is no longer for business so I just live with it. I originally would get a couple a year, but now it's easily a couple a month.

I left the original price in the template just as a reference. My monthly bill today is $57.95, which is a huge increase. But, of course the speed has gone from 30m to over 100. At the same time, we lost the excellent Charter Direct and have to rely on hapless script readers. My only other option is ATT, which I left to go to Charter. Since Ma Bell can only offer a 12m connection I have to stay where I am but would switch to a cheaper viable alternative in a heartbeat.

Still using my Moto 6121 and it's doing well. I don't know if this area has increased bonding channels so I will stay with it for the forseeable future. Not sure how much difference it would make anyhow

member for 12.7 years, 1337 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
rradina

join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

Increased Outages

Do you now have the Charter-provided DOCSIS 3 Cisco modem? If so point your browser at 192.168.100.1 and review the downstream and upstream power levels. I've had various answers as to what power levels are acceptable but I think something between -10 and +10 on the downstream and something < 55 for the upstream (lower is better). You might also take note of the signal to noise ratio. I *think* anything > ~30db is good.

For comparison, my downstream levels are +10 (sometimes a shade more) and my upstream fluctuates a bit based on weather. Generally it's < 53 and usually around 48. My signal to noise ratios are 40-41. A friend's installation a few miles away has the same +10 downstream levels but a much lower upstream of 35. Their signal to noise ratio is roughly the same as mine.

If any of your signal levels or noise figures are substantially different from these, perhaps there is an issue with ingress or signal loss due to poor connections/drop line quality. Check all your connections between Charter's dmarc (usually the gray box on the outside of your house) and your cable modem. Charter usually adds a grounding block in the dmarc or just inside your dwelling. Make sure it has a good ground so the COAX shielding can do its job. Consider eliminating or replacing any splitters or other devices between the dmarc and you modem. If none of these steps improve your levels/noise floor, consider replacing your inside wiring between the dmarc and your modem. If this still doesn't help, Charter might need to run a new drop from the pedestal/pole. Contact support and have them send a tech.

Do be careful by trying to make sure the problem isn't in the wiring inside your house (poor quality/too many splitters). Charter has been good to me about taking care of these problems without charge but I've read about other customers who were charged for a service call. Regardless of what you do there's no guarantee they won't charge you for something but I still think it's good advice to check the simple stuff before you call them.

Review by TheTechGuru See Profile

• Location: TEXAS
Good "Nothing Really"
Bad "18 Days & 2 No Shows & 1 Show But No Install Before Finally Installing On The 4th Appointment"
Overall "Company Needs To Do Away With 3rd Party Contractors & Fix Primetime Internet Congestion"

This is the most horrible and stressful internet install I have ever experienced in my life.

I ordered service via the Charter website on Friday Jan 28th 2011 from my old house and soon after got 3 confirmation email’s one confirming my install date of Wednesday Jan 2nd 2011. I was at my new home all day unpacking and no one ever showed up. I called and they rescheduled for Saturday February 12th 2011 between 5 & 7 pm saying this was the earliest date available not having any consideration to make it any sooner considering that THEY were the ones that did not show up. I was home all day working outside and no one ever showed up, I called at 7:05 PM to find out what was going on and they told me that a tech was at my door at a brown house with a brown door at 5pm. I told them my house is not brown, and it does not have a brown door (nor are any of my close neighbors houses) and described to them my house. They then proceeded to reschedule AGAIN for Monday February 14th 2011 between 8 & 10am. That morning I looked outside at random times between 8 and 10 and around 9am I saw a unmarked run down looking old pickup truck with ladders on top parked by the utility pole between my house and my neighbors house. I went outside to ask who the person was and found him out there messing with my neighbor's cable line and he said he is with the cable company and my service is next on his list. When he came over he came inside to survey where I wanted the service installed then back outside he told me he would need to install a box on the wall outside and asked if I am renting or own the place. I told him that I would prefer that he not install a box and use only a ground block and that I am owner financing. He said company policy requires that a box be installed and that he cannot install the service without permission from the owner. I told him that I am the owner and owner financing vs. bank financing makes no difference for matters like this and he still refused to install my service. At this point I was furious and cussed the guy out for never showing up the previous 2 appointments and he left. I then called my lender on the house and they said they would have someone hand deliver the needed letter within an hour. I then called Charter Management and told them what happened and that I needed my service installed TODAY and by a Charter employee not a 3rd party contractor. They told me they would have someone out between 2 & 4pm. A Charter employee in a Charter labeled van shows up about 3pm and finally gets everything installed. He only installed a ground block and not a box and I didn’t even need to tell/ask him to do so. I offered him the letter from the lender and he said he did not need it because it does not have to drill anything, he used all existing holes.

I am subscribing to the 12/1 service and it peaks anywhere from 15-25mbps in the middle of the night and it as slow as 4-6mbps during primetime in the evening.

Charter Management has waived my install fee and given me two months of free service for all of this trouble. Do note my first 3 months of service are only $19.95/mo with the current special.

On a side note, in my opinion I believe the 3rd party contractor involved is defrauding Charter. First because of his not showing up 2 times and reporting that he did show up but at a house that does not match my house’s description I think he is claiming pay from charter for the trips that he may or may not have really even made. 2nd I have seen him at my neighbor’s house 4 times since moving here and I believe he may only be half fixing problems in order to get paid more for more trips.

member for 11 years, 1121 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
stridr69

join:2003-05-19
San Luis Obispo, CA

Back to the Future!

WTH! This is from 2011. Please delete!

TheTechGuru

join:2004-03-25
TEXAS
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect

Re: Back to the Future!

Ya, not possible. All I did was make a one character correction and the damn system updated the post date. I didn't think it would change that. DSLR's website software is kinda dumb.
CompTIA Network+ Certified
I didn't obtain all of my knowledge for free. It cost me $48K in student loans which is ridiculous!

Review by BlakePaulson See Profile

• Location: Alexandria,Douglas,MN
Good "Always get my speed listed..."
Bad "Have to call in and get a promo every 12 months"
Overall "Internet here is amazing... never down, consistant speeds."

·T-Mobile US
Our internet has only been down 3 times that I've noticed since 2007... so in 8 years I've only noticed it down 3 times. I'm on the internet a lot. So needless to say it's very reliable and I have no problems getting the speed I paid for any time of day or night. All of our streaming video sites work great as well and as far as I can tell they don't block some residential server ports.

I added charter TV as well ($39.99 for internet and $39.99 for basic tv plus $2 for a cablecard and taxes and fees (like $12 worth.) I've been pretty satisfied with Charter's TV service aside from the fact that I wish they didn't use MPEG2. I have a 3TB TiVo roamio pro and for an hour long tv show in HD it takes up around 5.9GB's of data... DirecTV uses MPEG4 and for an hour long show I think it's only a little over 1GB. So even with 3TB of space to record stuff it still runs out of space quickly because the files end up being so big.

member for 6.6 years, 1673 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Charter Biz

@charter.com

Overall cool customer service!

First of all hello to everyone.
I've never done stuff like that,but thought id leave a feedback.Well i own a retail business,and charter business is what i use here at my store.I don't like to spend too much time with my vendors that i use at my business because owning one, means time is very valuable and i have to dedicate it to my customers that i care a lot for.So, long story short...any issue i had in past id call them directly and every time they are so cool to deal with its just amazing,its easy,fast,people in customer care are super nice i mean ALWAYS! I actually learned a lot from them about customer service for myself,yeah exactly i use it,and my customers always appreciated me for that.Companies like Sprint,T-mobile,Sams Club should learn a lot from Charter.I thank Charter and its stuff,keep rocking the good business and don't ever change that style of yours!

Thank you and God bless all.