Windstream page on DSLReports

Review by compdave7681 See Profile

• Location: Sinclairville,Chautauqua,NY
  • Telco party AllTel
Good "Sales department is really good. They tell you what you want to hear to get you to sign up."
Overall "Until they have upgraded all the hardware go with someone else if you can."

First call was good although I really don't need any "home phone" I signed up anyways to get the "discount". Upon install things were good, speed was fine for about three days then it all when south. Speed was up and down, constant disconnect/reconnect. Tech came out and replaced line into house, didn't help. Ended up replacing connection in box on house. Again speed was fine for about three days then issues again. Called and was informed that I am in a "high latency affected area". From my 20+ years as a PC Tech I know that high latency is due to not enough bandwidth. Come on Windstream, you can fool the average Joe user but not everyone. Upon further discussion with the rep(s) I was told that the "issue" would be fixed between mid to late September 2013, but wait no that is not the correct time frame, we don't have a set time that the issue will be fixed. I have exhausted every other option for an ISP but alas I have no one else but Windstream to deal with.

My previous provider I had 12Mbps service with no dial-tone for $49.95/month and service was excellent. Windstream I pay $60/month and get 3Mbps with calling I have to pay for if I use it (NOR DO I NEED IT)!!! Really?? Come on that is just stupid.

My major complaint is if they were aware of the issue when I first called why did they sign me up in the first place? I really think that the first $120 bill (yeah didn't see that coming) should have been waived due to them overselling my area and trying to squeeze every last drop out of the consumer. I have a job lined up but due to speed issues I can not start and am losing money each day that I have to wait. Really something by the FCC needs to be done about them. Give us something back for having to deal with them and their $1.54 billion in sales last year.

(PS: My review says AllTel but Windstream bought them out years ago)

EDIT: Add SpeedTest result

member for 1.6 years, 28 visits, last login: 1 year ago

Comments:
iowaboy
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA
·Mediacom
·WildBlue

Sales telling you what ever it can to get you to sign

I agree completely with what you said. I am paying for a 3 Mbps line and now today the modem is connecting at 1017 kbps after rebooting 5 times just to get that. It was down to 194 kbps before I started the rebooting process. Pretty bad when upload was faster than download. Field techs did find that 1800 feet from me my line is at 3 Mbps. 500 feet from that it is at 1023 kbps which is what I was getting till this morning. Neighbors across the road from me are getting 4 Mbps down and we are on the same bundle coming from the central office.
kpatt2006

join:2012-08-14
Greensburg, KY
·Windstream

the great oversoldness of windstream

Review by jrn77478 See Profile

• Location: Sugar Land,Fort Bend,TX
Good "While it lasted, the DSL service was extremely solid."
Bad "Stopped working almost 3 months ago. Took that long to get someone to come clean on the issue."
Overall "Stay away. This company is not being operated in a responsible manner."

As the bad summary points out, my DSL stopped working about 3 months ago. Since that time, it has been intermittent at best, maybe 5% available. Each time I called support I was forced through "the dance". You know, "let me help you", "do these pointless actions", "let me drop your call", repeat.

Today, I calmly informed the customer service rep that if I did not receive a firm commitment to fix my service I would cancel it today. After some more hold music, I spoke to a very helpful and competent rep who, within 5 minutes, had determined the problem.

The BRAS that services my area is broken. Repair or replacement has been placed on an engineering hold because... there are no funds for this project. Yes. They don't have, or are not willing to spend the money to fix this central piece of their broadband infrastructure this year. No relief until 2014. You know, I could almost understand if it was my copper. "Sorry dude, but it's going to be a while before we can get to you. We have bigger fish to fry." That would suck, but it would be more or less understandable.

Comments:

Review by Napsterbater See Profile

• Location: Milledgeville,Baldwin,GA
  • Telco party AllTel
Good "Full 12 Mbits/sec From 12meg package (Overtrain), but only during non peak times."
Bad "Peek time Congestion 2.5 - 3 Mbps during. No static IP unless With Business. Peek time congestion."
Overall "This is the only broadband I have available to me and wish I had another option."

·VOIPO
·Xcelerate Broadb..
Update 01-29-13: Well now I have no internet thanks to a change happy tech who changed a setting in the DSLAM that now prevents my modem from authenticating via PPPoA, all I asked in the direct forum was for an update to with the peak time slow speeds would be fixed, instead a tech is dispatched for no reason and another tech makes an unneeded change on the DSLAM that kills my connection, and of course it happened when I'm out of town for 2 weeks so I can't reconfigure my modem and my parents or with out internet.

Just stay away from this 3 ring circus.

Update 01-03-13: Still having peek time congestion (5pm - 12am (or later) 12 Mbps line getting 2.5 to 3Mbps during these times, Multiple downloads from multiple locations at the same time yields to total of 2.5 to 3 Mbps so its not the source, tech support cant help (These forums or Phone) its just out of their hands.

If you have any other choice take it.

Update 06-28-12: Well having peek time congestion issue again, supposedly my DSLAM is fine and they were looking at other equipment but they have now gone silent and I'm still left with a 3Meg line at peek times.

Update 04-07-12: Getting 13.21Mbps Down and .60 Mbps Up on m "12meg" Line »www.speedtest.net/result/1881552031.png no problems.

Update 02-11-11: »www.speedtest.net/result/1153596779.png

Update 01-16-11: Still getting full speed with no issues at all.

Update 07-11-09: Just adding this speedtest,
»www.speedtest.net/result/515275401.png

Current setup is a D-Link DSL-2540B (synced at 14973/766, 20012/800max, SNR 14.9/13.5, Attn 22.5/8.8, Interleaved depth 1/1 Delay 0/0msec) Running PPPoA giving the public IP (via DHCP, "PPP IP extension") to a WRTSL54GS running Tomato 1.25 with QOS off for the speed test, Test was run a Windows 7 x64 Build 7100 with Wired 10/100.

Update 05-23-09: Really nothing to report service is still great. We did have a storm roll though one night and a tree took out phone lines and power for probably about 40 houses, but Windstream had a repair crew out the next day at about 8am working straight till about 8pm working on restringing and splicing cables and service is still great.

Update 08-09-08: We have 12meg ADSL2+ Greenstreak service ($50 a mounth) )now provisioned at 14973kbps Down and 766kbps up and have very very very stable service low pings 20ms - 40ms to the east coast and 80ms - 100ms to the west, with a limited use phone line (Greenstreak) free inbound calling 10c/min outbound to local and long distance with free 800 number outbound. We are currently useing VOIP as our primary phone but thanks to greenstreak I have the Linksys SPA3102 connected to the windstream phoneline providing lifeline service to 911 even when the power is out.

Update 10-31-07: We have 6Meg for about 9 months now and it's Trained at 7.2Meg so i get the 6Megs, good ping about 40-50ms to the east cost west coast is about 100ms minimum.Just wish i could get more upload stuck at 386Kbit.

08-??-05 We ordered 3/386 and been getting it every speed test i do.

Other then that Tech support in Very friendly not the most knowledgeable but they do their best.

And the People before us already had DSL so when we received the Modem (which was before we were even moved in) i plugged it up and it sycnd the first time.

member for 12 years, 4707 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Bob

BAD SERVICE

I have been with wind stream for a few years now and have nothing but problems. I never have service when I need it and just found out that all the people in my community are sharing the same Internet line do to not having the updated equipment need to provide my home with the service I pay for. They advertise High Speed but I seem to have dial up. I have been calling in every month for the past 8-10 months and they just keep giving a $10 discount. For those that wish to stay with windstream, ask them about the $29.99 monthly Internet service. I only wish I had other companies to chose from in my area. It is a shame that they are the only providers in my area. Thanks for all the bad service and daily headaches when I need to get something done.

Windstream
join:2009-03-31
Twinsburg, OH

Re: BAD SERVICE

Napster,
Just wanted to point out that residential DSL customers can have a Static IP if they want to order it. Typically it is a few extra dollars a month. Just so you are aware PPPoA is not available on a Ethernet connection. I am sorry about the confusion.

Aaron
Specialist II
We're here to help! wci.broadbandhelp@windstream.com

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
·VOIPO
·Xcelerate Broadb..

Re: BAD SERVICE

About PPPoA, that entry was from January when i was still on an ATM backhaul and a tech broke it. But yes now i'm on Ethernet backhaul and its gone for good, although you guys should switch to DHCP and get rid of PPP altogether and be done with it.

As for the Static IP, that was from the days of before when it was only offered to business customers, never looked into it and don't care anymore.

I'm still counting the days until this cable company turns on the network they just deployed to this area so i can dump you guys even though you have finally fixed your issues, its to late and i'm fed up with you guys now and your not gonna change my mind.
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe | AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE AM3 w/4 Cores @ 3.41Ghz(OC) | 8GB DDR3 Memory @ 1600mhz | Sapphire ATI HD4870 1GB 800mhz/1000mhz(OC) | 2x500GB HDD's Raid 0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64| Windstream DSL 12m (14.9m Sync)/766k

Noservice

@comcast.net

Aweful Customer Service

My business has been without phone service for several days. My first call into service, the tech was not able to resolve the issue. So he said he was sending it to another department and they would call me. After several hours I called back. Once again, the tech was not able to resolve the issue and said the next shift would call. Well, no call again and I called with no resolution. This time a tech was going to be sent out. Nearly 3 days later, no tech.

Review by Blyhill See Profile

• Location: Ashville,Chautauqua,NY
Good "Nothing good to say"
Bad "Paying for 3Mbps getting less than 1Mbps"
Overall "Only other option I have is Dish. Ugh..."

Very slooooooow....

Comments:

Review by intekredneck See Profile

• Location: Bolivar,Polk,MO
Good "I can't think of any"
Bad "Tech Support, Plant Signal, Service's "
Overall "I can't wait till google fiber runs this sorry excuse for a provider off the map. "

Lets begin with I’m a true blue cable customer and was one of the original beta testers back in 1998 when Charter launched modem service in Baraboo Wi, my speeds then were 1.5 down, 512 up. Of course as technology changed so did my service package and until recently where I relocated to Bolivar Mo. I had 100 meg down & 10 up for the past year and half, also with that I had 3 DVR’s and a host of channels for roughly 160 a month.

Last month I move here to find out windstream is the only option, the fastest service they offer is 12 meg down and 512 up, which I have yet to see, cost 44.00 + 5 for max speed, according to them I also have to have their phone for DSL, add another 35.00 plus taxes and fees.

I could care less about TV, anything I do I do over the Roku or the Xbox but the kids like Disney and ABC so I get there basic cable package 35.00 plus tax .. When I ordered all this I asked the women what would the total cost per month be? I’m quoted 120.00 plus tax, I made this order on the 31st of July and it couldn’t be installed till Aug 8th .. I was blown at that, however I’m a network engineer my system rivals most small businesses, I used to work for Charter so I rewired the entire house in Cat and Cable, activated the cable part of the service, put my DSAM on this 17- 4 tap and it was sitting at positive 2 on 266 MHZ, pulled out my systems bag walked the plant down to the amp where I found a suck out on the feed leg of the amp, fixed that and all my neighbors all the way down the line to make sure we didn’t have any ingress or egress, put the dsam on my tap .. wholla positive 14 DBMV ..

Now comes the 8th, early in the morning my phone has dial tone and I thought, let’s see if we can get this modem provisioned, nothing, tried at noon, nothing, so I call their customer service who says I have to wait till 5 pm the order isn’t complete yet. 6 pm comes around same shit, get on the phone and 2 hours later they figured out there was never an internet package created for me.

I have never in my life (and I’ve seen some stupid CSR’s } seen a company so ass incompetent.

Today I receive a bill for 186.00 and they had the nerve to charge me an activation fee of $60.00 for the cable after I fixed the entire block.

I am amazed a real company hasn’t come in here and wipe this company off the map and they’d have no one to blame but themselves.

Tomorrow should be a fun day when I go in to dispute this bill.

Hopefully this helps

Comments:
Blyhill

join:2013-08-26
Ashville, NY

Western NY Windstream DSL

Paying for 3Mbps getting less than 1Mbps. Called and complained many +20 times in the last three years. Filed complaint with State District Attorneys office still waiting. Unfortunately for me no other option other than Dish. I would consider Dish but it snows and rains often in Western New York causing many interruptions with Dish service. My 3g cellular service on my smart for is as good as it gets here.
intekredneck

join:2013-08-21

Re: Western NY Windstream DSL

I hear yea, if verison was a little more lenient with the bandwidth allocation, I would consider going completely with a wireless connection. But there is no way with the size of my network I could do that.
kpatt2006

join:2012-08-14
Greensburg, KY
·Windstream

hard to believe windstream still exists

This is my speed as of right now with no other programs running at all, nor any other browser tabs. This has been my speeds during the day since November 2011 when they finally admitted my area was oversold and is in a "latency outage". After countless calls to windstream, emails/ calls to the BBB, emails to the FCC, the only thing that was accomplished was $10 off my monthly bill for 1 year only. WOW. They kept lying about the upgrade progress as well. The date, of course, kept getting pushed back and back. Latest news, the equipment is not scheduled to be upgraded in my area this year, better luck next year. Funny though, they still keep sending my neighbors and older folks that don't use computers, flyers in the mail wanting them to sign up for Windstream "High Speed" Internet! Blows my mind that a company like this can just run wild and do whatever without any repercussions.

wallenator

@oanet.com

I feel for you.

You are 100% on the mark when you call Windstream incompetent. I will go out on a limb and call them downright thieves. Once you get your DSL installed, don't count on getting the speed you paid for. We finally got another option in our area other than Windstream and I jumped ship as quick as I could.

Review by Dr Digital See Profile

• Location: New Virginia,Warren,IA
Good "The information is out there for the customer to find on their own and try and fix their problems."
Bad "Not enough space to write in. If you have an option RUN! Avoid calling tech support or customer service."
Overall "Avoid any humans that work for this company! If a human touches your account they will mess it up and won't fix it. "

What I am trying to have done by current Tier 1.5 Tech A****:

If A**** would pay attention, he/she would see what the issue is and correct it like every other Tier 2 Tech has done WHEN THEY (NOT ME....) MAKE CHANGES ON MY DSL ACCOUNT.

Iowa Telecom 1.5mbps Plan: (I'm grandfathered in and pay for) - Provisioning 1920 download and 960 upload
»www.speedtest.net/my-result/2737482997

Windstream 1.5mbps Plan: (What they have me provisioned for!) Provisioning 1536 download and 368 upload
»www.speedtest.net/my-result/2900155652

"If any changes are made to your DSL account you may run into the same issue. Just contact us here with DSLReports if it happens again."
M***** B.

What A**** WON'T DO:
M***** B.
Broadband Tier II

I WOULD 100% agree with totalradio's review of Windtsream. M******, L****** and others in Tier 2 Tech support in past have NEVER had a problem helping fix my unique situation on my dsl account here on dslreports. This was before the current situation (same thing every other Tier 2 Tech fixed except A****) and person -A**** with this so called company called Windstream. However, the new person called -A**** is a complete joke and complete waste of time. It used to be different going through DSLReports to receive help. Now it is no different than the regular tech support for Windstream anyway. -A**** should not be in Tier 2 Tech support. This is somewhat my response to this so called tech support. I have changed some things for this review.

Whatever, seriously! You and your company are a joke. I PAY FOR 1.5mbps not 1.2 or anything else. THE 1.2 WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE IF I WAS ON A 1.5 MBPS WINDSTREAM PLAN. I'M NOT. I AM GRANDFATHERED INTO THE IOWA TELECOM 1.5mbps plan which is provisioned at 1.9mbps not 1.5mbps like the current 1.5mbps Windstream plan!!!!! Are you really that ignorant? I could care less what the WINDSTREAM PLANS are I am paying and should be provisioned for the grandfathered IOWA TELECOM plan I am billed for for three years now which you stated is 1.9mbps download and .80 upload. PROVISIONED. Doesn't mean I will get. But, when you provision me for the WINDSTREAM 1.5mbps you already know I won't get that. 60% rule. Do the math!!!! Seriously, and you are in tech support. YOUR COMPANY EVEN RECEIVED TAX PAYER DOLLARS AND STILMULUS MONEY. You all keep up this kind of support and customer service and your job will dry up. Seriously, remember I told you that. I will pray for you! Companies like the one you so eagerly work for will soon be a thing of the past treating loyal customers like this. So what is the difference between the 1.5 Iowa Telecom Plan and the 1.5 Windstream plan? Explain please!!!! I know one is provisioned at 1.5mbps and the other 1.9mbps. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see which one will get closer to the 1.5mbps I am paying for applying the 60% rule Windstream uses. According to you. Then the FREE INTERNET UPGRADE OFFER is a joke and a scam too. The ripping off of customers and the treatment and lies you tell will catch up with you all. Windstream may have a monopoly now. But the first step was getting higher speeds here (which are now available in my area and this is how I know it's provisioning NOT EQUIPMENT) and then competition. Google, Facebook, and Microsoft all have or will have data centers in Iowa. Therefore alot of internet traffic will flow through IOWA and then cause competition to come here. When that happens you better believe I will drop my service faster than the phone will dial the cancellation department. A**** Tier -1.50 Tech /WINDSTREAM

Earlier reply from 2012 when situation was fixed before by another tech.
**************
Sorry about the delay in our reply, we ran out of time last night. We were able to get your down load fixed.

By default IA Telecom set the modem sync. rates higher then we do for the same speed package. So took us a little finagling to get you back to the old IA Telecom settings.

*******If any changes are made to your DSL account you may run into the same issue. Just contact us here with DSLReports if it happens again.*******

We did check into a 3 Mb option. Your SNR readings are good enough for 3 Mb but the DSLAM you are connected to can handle the 3 Mb. But your DSLAM is slated to be upgraded, so you should be able to get 3 MB by the end of October.

Hope this satisfies all your needs,

M****** B.
*****************

8/14/2013 UPDATE...

The issue was finally fixed through A**** (Tier 2 Tech Windstream) and V***** at Windstream. I am going to leave this review the way it is until I know for sure everything has been corrected. What I mean is the plan, bill, and service that I am paying for was left alone and nothing changed to make this work. When I know everything is correct, I may move this to the mixed category

Comments:

kman1964

@oanet.com

?

A couple of things. Your post is somewhat confusing. It seems as if you are suggesting that DSL reports has something to do with Windstream tech support. I may be totally wrong, but the two have no connection at all. DSL reports does not troubleshoot issues with various broadband providers. Second, be prepared for many, many latency issues with Windstream. Their infrastructure is outdated and they make no attempt to improve it. If you have any other choice, go with someone else.
Dr Digital

join:2011-05-24

Re: ?

I love DSLReports. Of course this site (DSLReports) has nothing to do with Winstream. And as far as Windstreams infrastructure they have new equipment where I am and so that is not an issue. My situation is very unique.
iowaboy
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA
·Mediacom
·WildBlue

Re: ?

The reason he is supposed to come to DSLReports is to work directly with the Tech lls here on the Windstream forum as his situation is unique. It really isn't that hard to follow if one knows that Windstream does have a monitored form that the techs follow.

Review by Cuzinshaggy See Profile

• Location: Kershaw,Lancaster,SC
Bad "Terrible service"
Overall "If you have a choice, this ain't it"

Been going back and forth with these guys for a long time to get something besides 512 down. I was told when I called to get service last December that I would have at least 3m by March at the very latest, probably alot sooner. It's now August and still got the same terribad speed. It's just been one pushback after another. If you have a choice in providers, do yourself a favor and pick the other one.

3/2/2013 Alright! A year from when our upgrades were to provide us with decent speeds and still not a damn lick of improvement! Way to take sucks to a whole nother level! Our fiber may not be active, but I bet that fiber line you run to the cell tower in Westville is!

3/9/2013 The new dslam has FINALLY been turned up! My attenuation has been almost halved! Now, according to the field tech, I have to wait for the records to get updated before I can get my speed bumped up. I hope the records don't take as long as actually getting the dslam turned up!

As of 3/18/2013 I now have 6mb DSL. The service is great so far and I hope it stays this way. I'll keep reporting back from time to time stateing service quality.

8/4/2013 My DSL has been pretty much ROCK SOLID since the new DSLAM was turned up! I get advertised speed pretty much 24/7 with low latency. Now if they would just offer me bonded.........

member for 5.3 years, 495 visits, last login: 1 year ago

Comments:
Cuzinshaggy

Still bad

This is just to document as of 10/8/2012, our "high speed dsl" is still terrible as ever. Yet another couple of "fix dates" has passed and still no improvement what-so-ever. No one can even tell you why it doesn't get fixed. It does no good to call, they will just lie again. It's amazing that a company can stay in business like this.
jin

join:2012-01-15
Hazard, KY

Re: Still bad

I agree
This bullshit should be against the law.

Been waiting almost a year on this repair.

Checking in.......

11/19/2012
Just thought about checking in here to document I still have shitty DSL. No change, no nothing. Field tech says by the end of the year is what they're telling him, but then again they told him March back in January. Still paying for 1.5 down, still can only get .5 down on a damn good day, still paying 45 bucks a month. Looks like after almost a year of this I could at least get some kind of compensation............

checking in

Just checking in to state another deadline has passed and my internet is still the same. There's no need to call Windstream, they'll just give me another false date. I have filed an informal complaint with the FCC, maybe this will at least get an answer. Two more months and our upgrade will be a year over due.
ZexxMoore

join:2013-01-24
Trinity, TX

Re: checking in

My grandparents have it and their service is horrible. Every person I know who has Windstream has horrible service with constant disconnects and slow speeds.

I don't think a lifetime of searching could yield an ISP worse than Winstream.
Craig1993

join:2013-03-03
Denton, NC

Constant Disconnects and Speeds aren't promised either

I disconnected anywhere from 3-5 times a day, My service Fluctuates speeds well below 3Mb/s, I'm trying my damnedest to get Time Warner Cable in our Area, We had them when I lived with my father an the service was excellent as far as the speed, the price runs up after one year but IDGAF this internet isn't worth $.50!
Rebel Yell

join:2013-03-27

Re: Constant Disconnects and Speeds aren't promised either

I won't waste my breathe or your time to explain my displeasure with ShitStream. I have same troubles as everyone else and have been told same BULLSHIT as everyone else. No more Mr. Nice Guy (as Alice Cooper sang it best) for me. I will bash them every chance I get.

• Location: Dubre,Cumberland,KY
Good "Nothing"
Bad "Everything"
Overall "Windsteam...aka Suckstream. Do yourself a favor and RUN the other way!!!"

My family and I have had Windstream for 10 years now (previously Alltel in
this area). Unfortunately, we have no other choice for service. The first
few years we were overcharged for a service we weren't even receiving and I
had to jump through hoops to get the difference refunded. Every time we
have connection issues I am told there is a known latency issue and they
are working on it (lol...working on it for 10 years now!). They say our
equipment is overburdened but they never attempt to fix the service in the
area.
My job is now an at home job and I am required to use a VPN. I can connect
to the VPN just fine but I cannot stay connected (seems to magically drop
at around an hour of connection) and then I have to wait about 10 minutes
to reconnect again (even though I still have internet).
Customer service is deplorable! I tried to get a seperate business line
run for my work computer and all I get is lame excuses about why they keep
cancelling the install. I am at my whits end with this company and it
looks as though their incompetence and lack of care for customer will end
up causing me to lose my job!

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Review by mordie1001 See Profile

• Location: Bee Branch,Van Buren,AR
Good "Nothing anymore."
Bad "Horrible line quality/packet-loss, server issues, customer service issues, no alternatives."
Overall "Don't get these guys unless your only other options are Dialup or Satellite."

When we first got windstream 3 years ago, they were amazing, 400+ kbps downloads on a 3mbps line, no ping issues or connection drops. These ping issues started out as from 40 ping to areas in CA or NY, to 300 that would last for a few minutes and drop. Now after 3 years it's been 800+ pings to Texas for as long as 48 hours. Their customer service has done nothing and I have provided them with information, using this site. Sadly we cannot change providers because the only other people out here are Hughes Net Satellite internet or dial-up from the phone company. Avoid this company unless you have no other option.

Edit: So after calling them at the end of summer in August, they changed the lines in October, and still nothing is fixed now in the middle of November. I cannot get a hold of anyone in customer service to give them this data, I'll try again tomorrow after work, maybe I can get a hold of someone then.

Edit: June 25, 2013 - No hope of getting this fixed, was posting speed test data on the forums for months, got one answer back. Nothing happened so I give up, congrats windstream you have broken my will over the past 5 years. I will deal with your horrible ping spikes, crappy line quality, and unreliable connectivity until I move away. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Comments:

KK Memory

Outages and more outages

DSL down again, happens almost every week. Canton GA 30115. Today (6/28-6/29) 12 hours without service (10:30 pm-10:30 am)!!! The technicians do not even know you are down - I always ask - so they take you through the whole routine and then ask how old your computer is. I waste hours every week trying to fix it. If the techs knew what was going on it would save them and me time. I work at home. I NEED MY DSL AT NIGHT. My service is once again dropping about once a week around 10:15-10:30. What the --?? I'm thinking of making a formal complaint to the public service commission.

Review by dangladoo See Profile

• Location: Vilonia,Faulkner,AR
Good "Didn't charge me for the modem, customer support is in USA"
Bad "latency issues since 2 months after instal"
Overall "poor service"

Inconsistent connection speeds. Paying for 3Mbs and have never received it. Currently debating on cellular internet or satellite since Windstream, after 2+ years of giving us the run around and broken promises, stated it would be at least another year before the issue might be resolved. No other DSL or Cable available in our area, so they had a captive audience.

Comments:

sadwscustome

windstream service failure

same here. charging me for 3mb but cant deliver even one. I cant load basic pages. Tech came out once then was a no show for a second call- and I took off work to be here. have had issues with WS like this off and on for years. same as other poster, it is the only service out here and they know it and do not even try. they are beyond believable.

wartree

Me too

Horrible service every day. Even ran a new dedicated CAT6 to see if it would help. Still goes from bad to worse after 5pm.