Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

Windstream page on DSLReports

Review by emprjoe See Profile

• Location: Audubon,Audubon,IA
Good "Stable Connection, Phone Features, Available to rural areas, Support on DSLReports"
Bad "Distance, tough to operate in a rural area"
Overall "Better than Dial Up, Better than Satellite, Good Enough Provider if Cable/Fiber isn't available to you."
(ratings well above consensus)

We don't really have other options for Internet Access, besides dial up. So windstream is our only option other than satellite. While our 1.5 mbps download is much less than that which is offered by satellite, but windstream doesn't limit data usage.

UPDATE: We had previously had issues where we were paying for 3.0 and told 1.5 would be available, however, we never got it. Thankfully, I came into contact with some good people from Tier II on the direct forum, and they looked at issues in our area, and said that our area's lines in general were pretty bad. We got a tech out looking at our line in our house, found a bad jack and worked on the demarc point also. We were finally able to achieve 3.0 service, However, distance was the primary limiter, which is not really windstreams fault. Overall, I am pretty happy with windstream's service, especially their support on these forums.

Comments:
marinegundr

join:2013-06-20
Audubon, IA

Windstream DSL

sSadly I just moved out of town where Mediacom doesn't service. The jacko's at Wind$tream failed to tell me that I can only get 1.5Mbbs top speed. Now after reading this I'm sure I'll be paying for speeds I'll never see.

I hate you windstream.

Review by cavcol See Profile

• Location: 68516-4875
  • Telco party AllTel
Bad "bad 43% half of advertised download, 42% of advertised upload"
Overall "Bad speed"

I have 12 Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload.
Received the advertised price. It has been lowered since I upgraded from 6Mbps.
Order and install process was painless.
Received a Sagemcom modem/router Sagem Fast 1704 Windstream. This is built specifically for Windstream.
I appears that the download speed is throttled.
Windstream uses Ookla speed test for their speed testing and it always registers 12 Mbps or greater for upload and about .75 Mbps download.
Using DSLReports speed test I have never exceeded 6 Mbps download. It seems like they never upgraded my service to 12 Mbps.
Replace the proprietary modem/router with a Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ modem/router to see if the speed improved as it had been reported that the Sagem 1704 maybe the problem. No improvement in the speed what so ever.
iPad is always getting kicked of the internet. Put the iPad on the 5 Ghz band and no improvement. No one else in the neighborhood has a 5 Ghz band wireless router at this time, so there is not channel overlap.
Tech support is no help as them will not recognize the speed measured by DSLReports. They only accept speed results from Ookla.

Comments:

Review by gwm743 See Profile

• Location: Jasper,Pickens,GA
Good "service reliability while not good yet, has improved"
Bad "Dishonest practices regarding price for life plan; unreliable service; expensive for what you get"
Overall "only game in town except for satellite"

I have had Windstream at my mountain cabin for 3 1/2 years. Initially the price was reasonable but the service reliability was horrible. In early to mid 2011 I ordered static IP service from them $20/month for static IP was sort of expensive, but I needed it so I paid. The process of getting the service converted from dynamic IP to static was painfully slow to get provisioned and took multiple phone calls to people that had no clue what they were doing in order to get it completed.

In January 2012 I discontinued the static IP service as I no longer needed it and it was expensive. They informed me it was too much trouble to change my configuration but they would stop charging me for it but not to change my router configuration. I was fine with that. It worked find until 04/21/2014 when they deleted the static IP setup with no notice to me. If they had only emailed me I could have changed my router setup in advance to PPPoE dynamic so that it would have continued working. Since they didn't tell me I lost remote access and was without service for over a month since I was off-site and could not fix the configuration.

Now for my BIG complaint. In late 2013 Windstream called me to inform me that my area had a network upgrade and I now qualified for 12mbs service. They offered to upgrade me to the new speed for only $2 a month and at the same time lock my account on the "price for life" plan so that the rate could never increase. I accepted the offer. I had been paying about $53 a month at that time. The first bill after the upgrade came in at the expected $55 range. By March of 2014 by increasing the surcharges section of the bill they had added about another $1 to bill and I was paying $56/month. Not a big deal, but not a locked price. In May 2014 another $1 showed up and the new total was $57 a month... again, I noticed but did nothing as the increase was still small. In June 2014 the new bill came in and was $64.80. A nearly $10 increase from the "locked" rate I was promised when they "upgraded" my service. The latest increase was mainly by removing an offsetting credit against the federal subscriber line charge (SLC) that I had been receiving.

On June 12, 2014 I called and spoke with a CSR and explained all of the above. The CSR blamed the recent increase on the SLC claiming they had no control over the increase as that is a FCC fee. That is a flat out lie. I have done some research and while the FCC allows telcos to charge the SLC, it is not mandated by the FCC, and in fact telcos are free to absorb the SLC if they so choose. Bottom line is Windstream represented to me that my bill would be locked in with "price for life" and then has used "surcharges and fees" to increase my bill by nearly 20% in just 6 months. I am posting this review here, and also considering a complaint to the FTC

Comments:
gwm743

join:2014-06-14
Jasper, GA

Changes to situation

After doing some research and arming myself with information from the FTC, as well as information from Windstreams own web site, I called back on June 19, 2014 and asked for a supervisor. The CSR that took my call said she had to hear my issues before transferring me to a supervisor, so I gave her the whole story above. She started by giving me the same "company line" as the previous CSR did on 06/12. I made it clear that I was not going to accept that and that I knew the SLC was not required by the FCC and that it was Windstreams choice to start charging (stop issuing the line item credit) me that fee. I also pointed out that their own web site touts "Don't worry about your bill going up" on the price for life page. It makes no mention of the guarantee being only for the service line item. It says your "bill". She then agreed to issue a credit of $6.50 for the current month and then a $10/month credit going forward for the next 12 months. I found her to be quite helpful within the restrictions that her employer places on her. I will have to fight again in 12 months, but at least for now my bill will actually drop back to around what I was paying or maybe even a dollar less than what I was paying when I accepted their "price for life" offer.

Review by micco See Profile

• Location: Helen,White,GA
Good "Nothing good... Not a single redeeming factor..."
Bad "Latency, Bandwidth, Price, Reliability, Resolution of Issues or lack there of,"
Overall "If I had a choice I would choose it.... If you have a choice don't choose Windstream"

After getting caught lying about speeds in Georgia, fees, surcharges and rates have gone UP! My bill has increased 35 percent over last year. The state of Georgia needs to RAIN HARD on this company, stop allowing them to monopolize coverage areas, and allow competition to enter. Free markets will sort this problem out in a heart beat.

The actual service itself. Latency=sucks, options=suck, speed=suck, reliability=suck, customer service=ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
This is why people hate large corporations..

Comments:

Review by thutchings6 See Profile

• Location: Whitney,Hill,TX
  • Telco party @link
Good "Always on very little down time"
Bad "6mb is as fast as it gets.."
Overall "I will be switching to wireless/cable if they ever get higher speeds offered at my locale."

I started with 1.5 MB download and .512 MB upload..I had my dsl bundled with a phone package..It served the purpose at the time..I upgraded to 3.0 MB download and .384 upload as they would not offer the .512 upload anymore..I also did away with phone service and went to their greenstreak which is just dsl no phone plan..I liked that I still kept the same home phone number and could still receive calls at no cost..I bought a magic jack for outgoing calls and it has worked out well for me..I noticed here within the last few months that my upload speed has increased to .670 upload..I assume they upgraded everyone in my area to .768 upload who has the 3MB download..The only reason I upgraded to 3MB download was that I got netflix service and started streaming movies on my xbox..With the 3 MB download I can stream movies in HD..Sometimes my connection will slow a little and the movie will not stream in HD but 3MB download service is as fast as Windstream offers in my area right now..I have speedstream 4200 router running into LInksys WRT160N ver.2 wireless router..I started with Linksys WRT 54G and then went to a Belkin Model F5D7230-4 wireless G but both seemed to freeze and need to be rebooted to often, especially the Belkin..My WRT 160N is MUCH more stable and dependable..

When I first got windstream DSL it was when they first offered it in my area..Great at first but after about a year and a half they had over sold the available band width and service was very slow at peak times of the day..IE: after school let out until about 10 PM at night..They finally ran fiber cable to my DSLAM and it made a world of difference..That is also when they started offering the 3MB download..

Over all I've been happy with Windstream since they got through the growing pains..

Not happy any more!! Started experiencing the same problem as before but this time MUCH worse..Got no help from calling customer support..I will not deal with this crap for another year and a half as last time because now I have a choice!!

Still waiting for WS to do something..Have wireless service available but will cost $350 or more to get it in my house as I will need a pole or tower to be able to receive the signal..That also would include a 2 year contract..

I would not be so upset with WS if they would just admit the problem they have created by over selling.. It started when they started offering 12Mb service..They should move all customers back to 3Mb or less AND NOT SELL NEW SERVICE until they can upgrade their equipment to provide the service they sell..That is the most irritating part of all is that they continue to sell service that they know they can NOT provide!!

What if other utility companies, water electric etc., ran their business this way? Oh we will have your lights back working full time maybe sometime next year if your lucky..But in the mean time keep paying your bill as you have no other choice of providers!

Well I was on the verge of spending over $300 to get Nextlink Wireless when WS got my connection back to normal.. I think it was helped along by techs on WS forum.. I now get 15ms pings and full 6mb down almost all day.. The speeds will fall some and pings rise some at peak but mostly when we have many connections here in the house running at the same time.. Would love to have more speed but can not justify spending the extra money to get more speed.. They offer 12mb here but I'm to far from the dslam to get it.. I noticed some cable guys working in the area and wonder if that might have pushed WS to do something.. There used to be cable close to my area years ago but they went out of business because of not enough customers but the cable is still there..

Comments:
totalradio

join:2007-09-15
·Suddenlink
·Windstream

Don't hold your breath...

Windstream has similar plans in our area. Problem is that download speeds for me aren't important, but upload is. Their upload speeds don't change from one plan to another, so I have the 3m service. 12m doesn't help me a damn it.

Another problem with Windstream is they like to pay lip service to its customers. They'll lie as long as they can get away with it, especially when someone has no choice for internet, other than Windstream. They really can't afford to "upgrade" areas, as their balance sheet is in the toilet, so if they've promised you "upgrades", take it with a grain of salt.

They used to have their trolls on here to "help customers", but I've yet to find one person they "helped". Since people are on to their lies, you don't see them on here anymore. So, my guess is that you're stuck with them until you can some meaningful competition.
rickash

join:2014-06-06

Re: Don't hold your breath...

Windstream has been the same here in NE KY for 10 years but I have no real complaints. I am getting 8.2M down and 803K up on the last test this evening. Direct TV had some servers down and the chat tech admitted it. But back up now and just fine. And I am watching/playing on a Kindle Fire....
rickash

join:2014-06-06

Windstream in NE KY

Outperforming what I pay for by a bit. I had 803K up about an hour ago, 8.2MB down is pretty constant. Can't get 12Meg svc as I am 7,221' from the LO...

Review by Jackal1 See Profile

• Location: Lincoln,Lancaster,NE
Good "Price is competitive"
Bad "Nothing really. Had problems in the past with slow throughput due to a configuration problem, but was resolved eventually."
Overall "Decent choice, unless you can get fiber."

Has generally been more reliable than cable internet was. Had some problems with slow speeds in summer 2012, due to a misconfiguration at the CO. Took a few months for them to sort it out. It seems like their engineers/techs are doing the best they can to keep things working as well as possible with limited funding and limited personnel.

Overall my speeds have been as advertised (12/.8 and now 24/2) all the rest of the time with few outages. In fact, I have only had two significant outages that I can remember, and both have been due to failed modems (one about a year ago, and one about a month ago). Both modems were replaced at no charge, so that was positive.

Currently on 24/2 solo service for $49.99+taxes. Modem is a Comtrend 5600u (I think). My only complaint about it is that the "n" wireless version on this modem is not the "final" "n" version from my research. It has some incompatibilities with "final" "n" devices, so I can't use it as an "n" router. Hoping for a firmware update to fix this at some point, but so far one is not available. Pretty minor problem overall, and not really Windstream's fault (other than they chose the equipment).

Updated monthly cost due to Windstream no longer crediting Greenstreak "SOLO" (without home phone) customers the $5 line charge. This has been in place for years to offset the "line charge" and was solely done to increase revenue (i.e. it is not a required governmental fee). Sneaky way to perform a rate increase so they can still claim "price for life". Boo... Their value is now "average" compared with the other choice (TWC) we have here.

member for 4.6 years, 1645 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
AckAck

join:2011-06-02

Welcome to the wonderful world of Windstream.

p.s. - don't forget to readjust the "connection reliability" indicator to reflect your current reality.

Review by bcdavis1979 See Profile

• Location: Ashland,Boyd,KY
Good "none"
Bad "slow, expensive, lies about rates"
Overall "worst ISP I've had in 10+ years"

First let me say that this is the only ISP I have available to me or I would not be using them at all.

I placed my order with Windstream for their "High Speed Internet Flash" service which their website advertised as 6Mbps for 34.99 on 5/31/2013. I received a confirmation from them later that same day confirming a rate of 34.99/month plus 10.00/month for the modem for the first 12 months.

The next day I received a second email from Windstream confirming my order had been processed but "with exceptions" Turns out that they can only offer me 3Mbps at my location. Fine... I've got to have Internet for my job and 3Mbps is better than nothing. The email informed me that my installation date would be Friday, June 7th between 8-5pm and that my service should be live by 7pm that evening.

I received the modem/router and hooked it up on the 7th. At 7pm when I did not have service I called Windstream. After over an hour on the phone waiting for a representative I reached someone who informed me that my work order says my service will be active on the 8th not the 7th. I told the lady about the email I received and she apologized but said there was nothing she could do and I'd have service tomorrow.

The next day came and went and still not Internet. I called Windstream back on Sunday to let them know I still did not have Internet. The first rep I spoke to tried to troubleshoot the issue over the phone but was not able to connect to my modem. Then the line went dead. I called back and again had to wait over an hour on hold for a representative. This representative tells me that they need to dispatch a technician to take a look at the lines and that it will be Friday or Saturday before they can get anyone out there.

It actually took two visits from a technician to clear up the line noise and get me online. The speed was slow, but at least I was online.

A few weeks later I received my first bill and had sticker shock.

I had originally signed up for 6Mbps at a rate of 34.99/month. Since they were only able to give me 3Mbps at my location I expected a lower rate than that... logical, but not correct. My new rate? 39.99/month, plus a 120.00 one time fee for the modem, plus enough fees and taxes to take the bill up to 65.00/month for the recurring portion of the bill.

I attempted to resolve this billing issue with Windstream with several phone calls and emails. On 6/26/13 I spoke with "Robert" who asked me to send him the confirmation email I received advertising the 34.99/month for 6Mbps and he would have a supervisor call me. I forwarded the email to him and heart nothing back.

On 7/1 I sent him a follow up email letting him know I hadn't heard anything back. Robert replied and said he would speak to his supervisor again. Still no contact from Windstream.

on 7/8 I called Windstream and reached "Kimberly" who said she couldn't find any record of my previous interactions with Robert and again asked me to forward the email to her. I complied and again was told that I would get a follow up phone call that I never received.

When I received my next bill it turned out that some corrections had in fact been made. Not to the rate though. That was still 39.99. The correction they made? They credited me for the 120.00 modem fee and instead substituted a 10/month fee for 12 months to spread the fee out. I had no problem paying for the modem, and would rather have just paid for it all at once, but at this point I was so frustrated I just let it go.

I have made a few further attempts to contact Windstream and tell them that this rate is unreasonable given the service I'm receiving and the service they themselves advertise on their website. To this day if you put my address into their website it says I'm eligible for 6Mbps at 34.99/month.

If I had any other option I'd be taking it. I've actually considered going LTE as we get a great signal to our home on our iPhones, but the bandwidth limits just don't make it feasible since I work from home often.

member for 1 year, 1 visits, last login: 329 days ago
lodged 1 year ago

Comments:

nikiinpa

join:2013-03-31
Rockton, PA
·Windstream

We have to take it because they are the only game in town

We have to take it because they are the only game in town & they know it, I was told awhile back I am lucky to even have their service by one of their techs, I imagine a lot of people in my area have left Windstream and gone to cable or Huges Sat internet.
I was going to go to Hughes but when I heard about you're only allowed so much of this and that I never went for it.

Windstream takes care of their stockholders not the customers who made them

mark40511

join:2004-10-12
Lexington, KY

Sorry to hear

about the fiasco you had to deal with. Aside from that, how is your 3 mpbs working so far? Is it consistent?

cryobaby

join:2001-10-26
Jefferson, GA

Used to be good, now, not so much

I have seen considerable amounts of degradation in the reliability of my Windstream internet svc. I have also seen considerable amounts of degradation in the quality of customer service. Up until March of 2014, i enjoyed a very stable connection of 12mb but after March I started experiencing loss of connection, outages lasting multiples days and of course, poor customer service where they tell me a technician will call when my svc is back up and they NEVER do. They lie, they offer unrealistic repair dates of over a month and they cant seem to keep accurate records of dialog between them and the CUSTOMER. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB and the FTC today. last night i got so frustrated with the first CSR i spoke with as he couldn't even confirm my last 4 of my social and was telling me i was wrong. Also, i think part of the problem is that they are putting the cart before the horse here in Jefferson, GA. There was a city council meeting held about a month and a half ago which the public was invited as well as two reps from Windstream. those two reps are lucky they made it out alive after being scolded by so many of mu fellow residents and subscribers and even two of the council members told of their distaste for what they are putting us through. Many in my town have been without svc for over a month!

Review by rwinegar See Profile

• Location: Mifflinburg,Union,PA
Good "Nothing"
Bad "Online support ignores me "
Overall "I would switch ISP in a minute if I could."

Line speeds are all over the place. It works for a week or two. Down speeds of up to 12Mbps. Then for the next week or two down speeds fall to 3Mbps. Peak time line speeds ALWAYS drop drastically. I post on Windstream Direct Support Forum and do not get even the courtesy of a response. I am totally ignored. If Windstream had any competition in my area I would switch to a different ISP in a heartbeat. The service is over subscribed. Windstream denies this. But the evidence is all over the place. AVOID THIS ISP!!

lodged 1 year ago

Comments:

Bufferland

@windstream.net

Speeds are all over the place

Since 2010 Windstream has been telling me I am in a slow outage area and my DSL problems will be fixed next year.... I wish.

I would gladly switch if I could as well but of course there is nothing else available in other words Windstream is AWARE of our plight and refuse to do nothing because there is no competition in our area and you either are online or not.

Buffering is horrible a regular TV show from Hulu can take up to 2 hours to watch or more. I abandon most of my attempts due to buffering.

As for tech help they always want to send a repairman to your home under the threat that if it is in your wiring YOU will have to pay. It has never been in my wiring because they don't intend to honor their contract of one price for life they simply are so inept at providing service they are waiting us out to cancel our service so they can hook us up on a GB per month deal instead of unlimited.

That is underhanded and double dealing crooked stuff that as far as I can tell there is the only explanation for them not fixing the hot mess they call 3M DSL.

Review by foxsnipr See Profile

• Location: Waco,York,NE
Good "Lost all hope"
Bad "Lots of talk and empty promises, connections drop, usually provide 1/2 speed promised"
Overall "If there was another provider I would have switched a long time ago"

I've had service for several years now, everytime they upgrade they promise more DL speed, never UL speed. I signed up for 6mb DL and still am waiting and using 1.5mb. They keep promising but they still haven't made good on anything. They provide a router a Speedstream 4200, no one installs it, they mail it to you with instructions (thankfully I know how to plug it in). Tech support is sketchy, best to call late nights and get someone who knows what is going on, but is not able to do anything about it. day time all you get is promises and the usual 'it's not their fault'. Tonight I was at dial up speeds and tech support wasn't able to do anything. Getting a tech to come out is impossible, I've requested one and they find some excuse around it. Maybe they don't have anyone that actually works in the field on their stuff.

DL & UL 12 hours later have gone from good back to worse, in between dial up and 1mb. It appears that at certain times of the day is when these problems arise. You don't suppose Windstream needs upgrades or something?

See added comments

10-28-2009 The forum Tech Support is awesome! They were able to get things up and running, no problems. Thanks guys!

11-2011 Back to SSDD...called and asked about 12mb package for $5 and was told that my area it would cost $15/month more! Getting 1/3 DL speeds at best most of the time. Tech Support not being too responsive or committal. If I had any other options would change in a heartbeat.

01-2013 Same thing again....now 12 mb down is .70....if they can't keep up with cutomeers then offer them a refund

06-2013 Now being told July will be upgraded....no hope....will believe it when it happens.

04-2014 Month long equiptment problems...not another DSLAM going out I hope, the last one was 6 months of dialup speed and no offer to reimburse. Windstream gets federal subsidy, but gives questionable service.

updated 1 year ago

Comments:
foxsnipr

join:2008-08-17

Windstream - poor choice

3-9-2013 same problems new chapter
have 12 mb and getting .06
Tier 2 Tech support on forums is no longer helpful, all they do is say the engineers are working on a solution then the upgrades are scheduled but not in near future.

Customer Service is DEPLORABLE, quality is DEPLORABLE. For the price of internet and phone of $90 ($72 for internet) you do not get anything close to what you pay for.

GeekMan

@windstream.net

Same crap

I have been having a lot of issues lately as well. I have an Internet business, and I am also a City Councilman, we use WS for our Official Government office also and we deal with a lot of very important matters that have to be done online. I live about 2 blocks from our City Hall and both the City Hall and my personal house are on WS. I have not had internet at home for 3 weeks and I'm supposed to have the 12Mbs bundled with WS through Dish, we have a burst of about 0.7 Mbs every 13 or so hours that lasts about 2-20 minutes which may load facebook or gmail for a few minutes at a time but nothing close to what I am paying for.

At the City Hall we have very good internet right now but it gets disconnected once in a while. again, I only live about 2 blocks away so it's not in the lines. There was a two day period where we didn't have internet at the office last week.

We have called WS Customer Support three times this week and each time they tell us it's a service overload and that they are upgrading the lines to match the amount of customers they have. Finally two days ago they said they realized the reason I have no internet at home is because I was one of the 1200 unlucky people to be on a server that crashed and that yesterday morning around 6AM it would be fixed as they were putting in a new server. no change happened so that afternoon I called again and they said it would be midnight before we say a change, it's now 5:30 AM and the internet is letting me do Bing searches but I cannot even load youtube so this website is as much as I can load right now so I will be contacting them again at 9AM but I will be using the online Chat this time.

Review by JayA See Profile

• Location: Iola,Grimes,TX
Overall "Windstream Is Over Selling Bandwidth!!"

Bottom line is Windstream Communications is ripping off customers every where! I've been a customer for more years than I would like to admit but living in a rural area I have no other service! Windstream is piggy backing several customers on one line in order to sell DSL to more customers and it slows everyone on the line down! When I signed up I paid for and am paying for 3Mbs service the speeds never came close so I've complained for over two years and the story is the same! We are working on the system, We are aware of a problem in your area, We are working to upgrade the system over and over again! The highest speed I have ever reached was 1.31Mbs and now it is down to an average of .51Mbs and sometimes it's so bad I have to revert to my cell phone and when I'm roaming on my cell it's faster than the DSL, however I can not do many things on my small cell phone that I can do on my computer! My suggestion to any and all Windstream customers is, Call or go online and rteport this wishy washy company to your Attorney Generals office the more of us that get involved the better for every customer that has no other options other than sukey Windstream!

member for 1 year, 0 visits, last login: 1 year ago
lodged 1 year ago

Comments:
totalradio

join:2007-09-15
·Suddenlink

I feel the pain.

Windstream does nothing but lie to its customers. In fact, a few of them used to troll this site claiming to "help" people, when in fact they couldn't (or wouldn't). They quit appearing here after a series of bad press stories hit the media, especially in Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas. The favorite lies they seem to be using in the past year are "they're working on the problem" or "latency outage". As a retired CenturyTel employee (now CenturyLink), Windstream isn't "working on the problem", except to make it worse and I would like for a Windstream troll to explain to me (and the rest of us) what a "latency outage" is. I've never heard of it (until Windstream started using that phrase), nor does it exist. But since they've run away from this site, I doubt I'll get an answer to that.

Since DSL is a deregulated product in most states, there's not much, if anything, the state of Texas can do. However, there is another avenue to try...

First, you might get the media in your area to do some stories on the problem. It was tried in the areas that I mentioned above, however it met with only very little success. The Windstream response was a predictable one...trotting out the talking heads and claiming "they're working on the problem and with their customers", when in fact they haven't. Another way is to contact the Federal Trade Commission. They regulate advertising of products, whether it be broadcast, print, or any other advertising. If Windstream is advertising a product, and they constantly do not provide it (in a reasonable amount), the FTC CAN step in and force Windstream to provide adequate service, or stop advertising their claims. That comes with a drawback. It might be cheaper for Windstream to stop advertising their claims and probably accomplish nothing, but one never knows.

On a lighter note, if nothing gets done, which is quite possible, I suggest taking up drinking. Windstream is nothing more than a fraud and their reviews here are proof of it.

Keep the faith !