TELUS page on DSLReports

Review by crypt0 See Profile

• Location: Edmonton,AB
Bad "Ripped off."
Overall "Greed."

They increased the monthly charges by $5 and decreased data limit by 50%... then started to nickle and dime me for the "extra" usage that was included in the previous agreement. Moved to cable for double the speed, a little less usage then previous package but still less then what I average, all for the same price as Telus after extra charges.

Comments:

Review by Matty632nm See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Great tethering internet access"
Bad "Telus itsself is expensive"
Overall "Telus/Bell Koodo/Virgin have great coverage in Ontario"

·Cogeco Cable
·Start Communicat..
I am not actually with Telus but have the Super 6GB Plan with Koodo Mobile. When tethering with my Dual Carrier HSPA+ Samsung Galaxy S2 T989D I often obtain 15-20 Mbps down and 3-4 Mbps up on speed tests.

»speedtest.net/result/2396952377.png

If only my phone was capable of LTE as this is one of my best tests!

Comments:

Review by hindumagic See Profile

• Location: Vancouver,BC
  • Telco party Telus
Good "solid, stable connection"
Bad "far too expensive for a slow connection"
Overall "Have no problems, but the price has slowly increased without a speed increase. Tired of being exploited."

Have been a customer for over a dozen years. Since cancelling the landline, and not opting for tv or other bundled services, the price was increased from $35 to $42. Fine, but now it has slowly increased to $47 (before tax). Speed has not been bumped up with those price increases. In fact, last time I moved, they realized I was still on their ultra-slow service and bumped me up to what I should be getting for what I'm paying (that was 5 years ago when we had their land line too).

Currently 5 down and 0.7 up for $47. Not worth it. Moving to Teksavvy for 15 down, 1 up no cap for $48. The real complaint is value for money, and I'm being exploited.

Otherwise their service is stable and have had no issues there. When issues were encountered in the past, had to wade through the stupid flowchart questions without getting to the real problem (I'm a developer and know what I'm talking about - had to fake that I was using Windows too).

Comments:

Review by royal signal See Profile

• Location: Calgary,AB
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Line speeds are constant"
Bad "Bundle price a bit high"
Overall "Good service not had any issues"

Been with the for over 10 years, never had any issues that lasted longer than 48 hrs, do speed tests twice a week and speeds and pings constant , overall nothing negative to say

Comments:

Review by aa_aa See Profile

• Location: Victoria,BC
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Extremely reliable connection and consistant speeds"
Bad "On the rare outage, answers where hard to get"
Overall "Very satisfied, would recommend"

- High speed Turbo 25/5
- ALU 7130 modem
- 2 static ip

Have had high speed turbo now for about 1 year. The download and upload speeds and constant and reliable. Have had very few outages, 1 due to most of Victoria going down the other for some scheduled upgrades. Getting any answers when Victoria went down was nothing short of pathetic Massive hold times, automated push 1 for this etc. One would think the first message would be they were experiencing a massive outage and save being on hold for over an hr.
The only other major gripe is the recent cut in download capacity. This I consider a real bush move on Telus's part.
Over all I have been very happy with the product provided.

member for 8 years, 1332 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by j_a_t_h See Profile

• Location: Calgary,AB
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Fast Speed all day long"
Bad "Have to reset TV once every 2 weeks"
Overall "Trouble getting setup, good once that is done."

·TekSavvy DSL
Having issues with Telus internet cutting out and TV not working, Telus responce to my issues F*** Y**. They do not care about there services or how they treat there customers. I am stuck with Telus until my contract runs out. NEVER SIGN A CONTACT WITH TELUS. You change the term of the contact, lie about the terms. It is hard to believe but they are making Shaw look like an honest company.

Order Telus HS Enhanced. I received a email telling me that my modem would be mailed to me in 3 days and welcomes me to lite-speed.I call back the next day to make sure that I had order the HS Enhanced and not the lite-speed, they show that I am signed up for Enhanced. On the forth day I still have not received my modem but I am being charged. I called Telus to ask about the modem and the person told me that the modem takes about 10-12 days to show up, he then said he would credit me one week. I finally get the modem after 11 days, hook up goes fine. I test the line it is 1.2megs. I then check my Telus customer service and surprise I have only been signed up normal High speed, of course being the weekend the customer service is closed. So I signed up for Enhanced, was told I lite and ended up with normal.

Update Sept 12 2006 - There have been a few times when the service has been down, 3 times in the last 9 months for about 12 hours combined. This is much better then Shaw where it was down about 6 hours a month. They increased the speed from 2.5 to 3 which can be seen. The best part in the speed is the same all day, until Shaw where it was dial-up speeds during prime time.

Update Feb 17 2007 - The news server have been useless for about 6 months, but the system has only been down for one hour in the last 6 months. The speed is about 2.2 megs on a 3.0 meg line. I do up to 120Gigs a month up and down and have not been contacted. Over all I am happy with the service.

Updated Sept 3 2007: the connection has been cutting out for weeks now, of course when you call to find out what is happening, by the 1-2 hours to get though the connection has been remade and all is fine on their end. The news server are worthless now, mostly incomplete. My speed has dropped to 1.8 mbps on a 3.0 line. When I ask about this slow down they say everything is OK on their end, it must be a problem with my computer. My computer is clean and running fine. My contract with Telus is over in 3 months and I will be going back to shaw.

Updated Sept 2008: Telus no longer supports binary news group, but the connection has been stable and the top speed is 2.9 megs with an average of about 2.3 megs on a 3.0 line. Has not complained that I have been downloading up to 180 gigs a month, this is the main reason I do not switch to Shaw is they download/upload limit

Update Nov 2009 - Called to get upped to 6/1 . Talked to a person that I could not understand. Received a new modem/router and set it up. Had to call back to get my line synced up to the 6/1. Talked to someone who spoke English and they explained how I was to give back the old modem. I get about 5.7/.6 from the line so I am happy. Does not go down much. Has been down for about 12 hours in the last year. No charges for going over the 60 gigs which is good because I average 80-90 gigs a month.

Update July 2011- Changed to Telus TV and upgraded to 15mbs line and I am receiving 13.7 download and 0.7 upload. The TV has had some issues about every 2 weeks I have to unplug the receiver and plug in back in to reset the box. This take about 2 minutes until the TV is usable. The install of the TV did not go so straight, they had to delete and recreate my account to get it to work. So the issue was not with the physical install but at the head office. Because of my account being recreate my account at Telus.com no longer worked. The person I contacted at Telus to get the Telus website account working was not any help. He went thought the script 3 times blaming me for it not working. The rep was very rude. I finally convinced him to delete the account and let me re-create it. It took 3 tries for him to delete the account correctly. As always with Telus, a headache to get setup but great was it is up and going.

Comments:

Review by Mindman See Profile

• Location: Merritt,BC
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Almost 100% uptime in my area, and i always get my advertised speed."
Bad "Only 6.0/15 packages are available and no optik TV."
Overall "Great service and great support."

We have both shaw and telus in our city. but we chose Telus years ago over shaw due to shaw having unstable internet in our area. We currently have the 15/1 package hoping to get 50/10 soon if they upgrade our area. We currently use the Actiontec V1000H modem.. not the greatest but its good enough.

Just hoping Telus upgrades our area this year. 15/1 is not enough for my needs and if they do enforce the cap 150gb will be no where enough for me.

Comments:

Review by theStabler See Profile

• Location: Longueuil,QC

I will update it...

Samsung Galaxy S3

Comments:

Review by Cartel See Profile

• Location: Chilliwack,BC
Good "It works"
Bad "Ping"
Overall "Better than nothing"

·TekSavvy DSL
·Shaw
Pings just got better.

member for 8.2 years, 698 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by tired See Profile

• Telco party Telus
Good "Good promo rate, reasonable post-promo.. Reliable service"
Bad "Changes to usage caps, possibility of incoming UBB"
Overall "Currently very happy. As long as they don't implement UBB I have no complaints."

·TekSavvy Cable
I'm currently very happy with my service from Telus - 25MB/s.

As long as they don't implement UBB I have no complaints and plan to stop bouncing between ISPs. Otherwise...

Comments:
fefrie

join:2012-08-17
Vancouver, BC

Is this just for the internet line only?

Do you get phone or Tv with that price