Frontier Communications page on DSLReports

Review by asdfasd2 See Profile

• Location: Columbus,Platte,NE
Good "Not owned by recording industry. I've never had a C&D."
Bad "Unstable, speeds not as advertised, poor tech support, VERY slow for what you pay"
Overall "Don't use them unless they're the only ISP in town."

For the first few years of being with this company (since around 2003), I was miserable. Something in their box out in our yard was messed up, it was making our connection essentially unusable for MMO gaming and completely down altogether when it rained. They kept sending techs out, they started threatening to charge us for the tech trips, they kept not fixing the problem. Some of their attempts at "fixing" it resulted in our speed dropping to half for no apparent reason and it took years to get them to revert THAT change (same old distance excuse, despite the fact it was 2x faster before they started messing with it to "fix" things). EVENTUALLY, they finally replaced whatever was buggered up in the box and apologized.

The net itself, when "working correctly", is unstable, especially in the evenings, because they need a serious hardware upgrade to get with modern times. There are times when pages won't load or game latency spikes up to 2000ms.

I still have random short periods of no connection at all, though fairly rare now - 1-3 times a month.

That aside, their prices for slow internet are absurd. If your internet is slow, they will blame you or the distance, even if it's their problem.

Also worthy of note:

This is one of the companies that tried to implement a 5gb cap on slow $50/mo 3mbit connection with a steep charge per gb. Bandwidth doesn't cost nearly that much! And it's so slow compared to modern internet!

I'm not exaggerating, unfortunately. I've put up with this company because the only other ISP here is Time Warner - it's way faster but it's owned by the recording industry and too far to service me anyways.

Update Jul 16 2014:

These scumbuckets disabled my account for no reason and support had no idea why. When it was reinstated the next day, the speed was less than 1/3rd what it was before. We have had many problems with them lowering our speed, but disabling our account and having no idea why is hilariously bad. I wish Columbus, NE isps weren't running a racket. Our internet speeds are 10 years outdated and there is only 2 isps in town, one of which is too far for service.

Update: 21st Tech came out and fixed it in about a second. said the office ordered it, they wanted people to upgrade even though they always say there is only one speed. If this is how they try to retain and get more money out of customers they're going to be disappointed when they see opposite results. We spent hours trying to call them and get it out of them, when all it took was a tech and a couple seconds @ the box outside.

Comments:

New costumer

@50.47.30.x

Poor service

Very very very poor costumer service! And no this isn't a spam! It an actual costumer!;(

AnotherCust

@74.39.57.x

Just plain bad.

This is the second time I've had Frontier. The first time I had their 1Mb plan and got 120kbps on a very rare day. I switched to Time Warner and was extremely happy until they jacked up their prices. I switched back to Frontier about three months ago and it has been horrible!

I'm on their 6Mb plan and get about 100-300kbps (should get around 750kbps). Took them four weeks - yes, four weeks - to set me up with service. For the first week of service I was achieving a maximum of 30kbps, average of 5kbps. Took them another two or three weeks to come fix it, blaming it on one thing after another.

I can only hope somebody of influence at Frontier reads this, as their customer service department is less than helpful.

I will not be going back.

Review by MrBungle87 See Profile

• Location: Durham,Durham,NC
Good "Bonded ADSL is reliable."
Bad "Overpriced, inconsitent speeds, backhaul/congestion issues, upper management is worthless"
Overall "Don't bother. If you have other options, take them."

UPDATE, 7/20/14: Frontier lied. Surprise. They swore up and down that the capacity issues at the DSLAM would be fixed by the end of June. I called them 2 weeks ago and asked why it wasn't fixed, and they changed their tune to "we have no ETA for a fix. Sorry." So, they lied. I'm demanding bill credits but that has to be done every month and I'm still not getting what I pay for. Never do business with Frontier.

UPDATE, 4/27/14: tech returned and switched us to bonded ADSL from VDSL at 25/2Mbit. Speeds are as advertised for about half of the day. During the other twelve hours we're still dealing with network congestion, upstream from our CO. The latest tech I spoke to said engineering is aware of the congestion but the issue is they can't get the money and resources they need from higher up to fix it (basically, adding backhaul capacity). So, all in all, Frontier's local people are great and will do their best to help you, but upper management clearly needs to be FIRED.

UPDATE, 4/21/14: peak-hour congestion persists. I've spent the last two months trying to get switched from VDSL to bonded ADSL, but Frontier keeps kicking the can down the road. The tech who came out last week didn't finish the job and promised to come back later that same day, but never did. Incompetence, lies, whatever the case may be, Frontier's showing their true colors.

UPDATE, 2/12/14: despite assurances from our technical supervisor, we're still dealing with congestion. Peak hour download is usually around 4Mbit with higher than usual pings (>100ms). Traceroutes sometimes time out, or run over 2000ms to google.com. If you're considering Frontier and you have a choice (cable, fiber, whatever), TAKE THE OTHER CHOICE. Don't give Frontier your money. I've already switched my parents to Time Warner. Just a matter of closing accounts now.

UPDATE 1/26/14: backhaul problems popping up again. Download speeds plummet to between 0.8Mbit and 6Mbit during the afternoon/evening, sometimes lasting until 11 or midnight. Called my assigned regional Frontier manager about this several days ago and haven't heard back. Seems Frontier has now possibly oversold their VDSL product, too. Same old problem that we faced on our original 7Mbit (originally 3Mbit) plan. Not sure why Frontier has such massive and widespread problems with their backhaul, but they do. After discovering my upload will only ever attain a 1Mbit sync, this is just another slap in the face. Will likely be moving to Time Warner soon, not out of desire but necessity.

UPDATE, 8/9/2013: so far, so good. Haven't encountered any real issues since being switched over to VDSL in January. Still getting consistent 25Mbit (usually 30) downloads. Ping times could be better (around 60-70ms now), but this is the nature of interleaving, I suppose. My only real complaint is upload speed, or lack thereof. At the time of installation, uploads averaged 1.6Mbit (while being advertised at 3Mbit), and have since decreased to an average of 1Mbit. I'm not sure why uploads are low, but I'll have to talk to our local Frontier manager again to figure it out.

UPDATE, 1/24/2013: VDSL (25/2) is installed using the Actiontec V1000W modem/router, and speeds are great. 30Mbit down, typically, and roughly 1.3Mbit upload, which is less than I expected, but still double what I was seeing on ADSL. The only problem is ping times are higher now, at about 80ms (probably due to interleaving instead of fastpath). Will update if and when anything changes.

Comments:

Frontierrep

@144.70.2.x

In regards to VDSL availability

To be sure, VDSL availability is typically when available when you are withing 8000 feet from the central office to be capable for speeds up to 25mbps, we have been doing a lot of work since verizon was around, keeping in mind it has only been 2 1/2 years since we took over and started improving upon Verizons Antiquated networks. I apologize if you didn't get good answers from here in the Washington Call Center, I am extremely proficient in the systems and can definitely assist in this as well. If the issue has been addressed and investigated, then you should be good to go (at the very least being able to get bonded DSL for the 12/2mbps speed), I've checked the terminals in Durham/Raleigh area and do see that the Central office is equipped for VDSL (up to 40mbps for Business, 25mbps for Residential). We have a number of people available for VDSL but like with all internet providers (except wireless) it is distance related.
MrBungle87

join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

Re: In regards to VDSL availability

Thanks for your reply. The technician who installed VDSL (25/2) told me he wasn't sure whether VDSL or bonded ADSL2 would be used since we were the second house in the area they've installed VDSL. But, it seems to be working well. I also have to give credit to the technical supervisor for our area who called me and gave me information about our true total loop distance (which was longer than I thought due to a large cable loop on another street), but they either removed or replaced a tap and loop length decreased.

I do have one question for you, though: I'm seeing a lot of errors (presumably) under "30 Minute Near End FEC Interleave" and some under "30 Minute Near End CRC Interleave". Fastpath is disabled so I guess there must be a distance consideration in still using interleaved mode on VDSL2? Either way, my download speeds are great, so I don't know how accurate the SNR and attenuation stats the modem is reporting are. I've attached a screenshot for your perusal. Hopefully, you can make some sense of the FEC numbers.

I'm also seeing higher pings than before (75-100ms), which I'm guessing is due to interleaving. Is there a way to test whether fastpath would cut ping times?
jakej1978

join:2013-01-31
Camano Island, WA

jakej1978

join:2013-01-31
Camano Island, WA
I have Frontier DSL on Camano Island, WA zipcode 98282. Do you know if anything can be done to improve speeds? I am on the south end of the island, so I imagine I am far from the CO, and it looks as though we're routed through the Everett, WA pop. Do you know if VDSL is available, and can I bond two DSL channels together if I add a second phone line with Frontier? You can write me back at jakej1978 AT g mail dot com

Thank you.
ncted

join:2010-10-25
Raleigh, NC

Just switched to Frontier from TWC

Not sure where you are in Durham. I live in Brightleaf at the Park. I got the 24/2 service which appears to be bonded ADSL. My speedtest.net ping times are about 25ms, where I was getting about 15ms from TWC, but 25ms is still better than most people I know. So far, I haven't had any issues aside from an overnight outage during which TWC was also offline. I can say that I have observed no slowdowns during primetime. Streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime is much improved compared to TWC with respect to buffering and bitrates. Hopefully this will continue to be the case.

Review by muffy1986 See Profile

• Location: Bruceton Mills,Preston,WV
Good "nothing"
Bad "everything"
Overall "avoid at all costs"

I ordered the basic DSL package with speeds up to 7 MBPS. That "up to" is a bad bad thing, because the highest I have ever received was 3.x mbps, and that was prior to the Verizon buyout. When the internet is functioning, which isn't all that often, it's usually at 1 mbps or lower. Recently, throughout the day, the connection is down to 0.05 mbps, when we're lucky enough to have service. The service is down more than it's up, and they appear to be throttling many sites, like YouTube, Netflix, and Facebook. Unfortunately, this is the only company that will provide non-dialup internet service in this area due to the crazy oligopolies that exist, so I can't really get any other service.

The initial setup was surprisingly easy. I used to have Frontier service at my house and still had a router from them from my previous venture with them, so we were able to use that to have me online within about 6 hours of calling to have service set up. Service was wonderful for the first week, plugging along at speeds that honestly surprised me. It was only about 3.5 mbps, which was only half of their advertised 7 mbps, but with the "up to" they had thrown in the advertising, I wasn't going to complain. The only complaint I have about setup is that their website said that we could get business-class internet, but when we called to have it set up, we were told we could not. This wouldn't be an issue, except I do business that requires me to have a static IP. I've thankfully found ways around this for now, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Speeds were fairly consistent that first week, then service started to become patchy, and, at times, non-existant. We'd call customer service, they'd have us go through the process of resetting the router, running speed tests, etc., to no avail. Got really frustrating when we told them up front it was a neighborhood-wide outage. We'd even have a couple of the neighbors on the line for conference calls all saying here's the account numbers, none of us have service, please fix it. They didn't care.

Customer service phone calls to Frontier are dreaded at my house because the reps are almost always very snotty, disrespectful, not knowledgeable about anything to do with internet (they're obviously following scripts and have no clue how to think outside the box), and unhappy. There have been a few nice, upbeat, knowledgeable people, but they are few and far between. I can't complain about the techs who actually come out to fix line issues and whatnot in person, either. They're always friendly. But I dread calling the call center. Since we only have DSL and not phone service through them, they get uppity when we tell them that we don't know our phone number. Sorry but I'm not paying for extra services when you can't even begin to maintain the only one I have. They treat me like I'm stupid for not knowing the phone number, but technically, the only phone numbers I have are cell phone numbers, which wouldn't help them at all since they're in no way tied to the DSL account, other than as contact numbers.

In north-central West Virginia, Frontier apparently received a grant to alleviate bottlenecking. That was a couple of months ago, and the service is less reliable now than it was then. We've been told that our internet connection isn't functioning properly due to any number of things: a micro-tear in the fiber that is only affected during cold weather, oops that micro-tear affects the connection all the time, the internet halfways across the state is down due to a known issue (which they won't tell us what said issue is) and is causing issues in your area, the internet halfways across the country is down due to known issues and is causing issues in your area, there's static on your line, etc. They have literally used every excuse in the book instead of admitting that they're the ones at fault.

UPDATE 6/4/2014:

Speeds are getting slower and slower. There are numerous days where I'm getting 80% packet loss for hours at a time, if the internet is even running. Worst part is, if I call to have them send out a tech, they say that they can't put in a new ticket because of a common cause ticket that's been open since the middle of March. Yep, a ticket that's almost 3 months old is STILL open and unresolved.

My workplace put in a new contract to get the new fiber optic option that they are supposedly offering back in February, and they're already paying for it. I'm lucky if I can get a speed of 1 Mbps out of the network as is, and they have no ETA on the upgrade, yet it's already being paid for.

I can't watch Netflix, so I'm about to unsubscribe to that. Youtube videos are impossible to watch. Heck, even loading basic, mostly text webpages is nigh impossible.

I haven't mentioned the fact that I'm an avid online gamer, so I've got two MMORPGs that I'm still paying for subscriptions for just for the couple of hours I MIGHT be able to play in the morning, when I usually sleep since I work midnights. If I could get Frontier to pay me for my subscriptions I can't use, they'd be paying me more than I pay them right now.

Let's not forget the fact that my daughter has online homework that she has to do for school that she rarely can get done. Her school got a grant for an awesome website for kids to learn with, and none of them can utilize it at home because of the subpar internet. The teachers are all livid about this, because that was money they worked hard to get for the school, and now they feel like they've wasted it on something that none of their students can utilize. Let's not forget that I can't even access class letters from the teacher or grades online, like the state requires now. Thank goodness the teachers kind of gave up on that and still send stuff home cause they know how bad our internet is.

Wish that we didn't live in a rather poor area, cause if we didn't, I'm sure that Frontier would have a class-action suit against them over this idiocy.

So sick of this sub-par service, but we have no other choice. Although, I must add, it's pretty sad when my regular data connection (not even 3/4G, think it's considered 1G at best?) on my cell phone provides faster service than this crap they call "high speed" internet.

Ratings updated to include the fact that they're supposedly upgrading the lines, but there only seems to have been a downgrade.

Update 7/8/2014

So internet began randomly dropping a little over a week ago. Called tech support and they tried to give us a runaround about talking to a supervisor. Sorry, we called in three times prior that day with the internet dropping randomly only to be told that there was nothing they could do since it was back up and running when we called. Well, yeah, given that it'd go out for about 5 minutes and then be right back up, till we waited on hold, it was too late. So they promised us that there would be someone out last Thursday (July 3) at the latest. Call was made last Monday (June 30).

Took them a week to get a tech out here when they said it would take three days. Given that they only have two techs and one of them was on vacation in this area, I think that customer service should have been able to have seen the backlog and told us a more accurate date to expect a tech.

So the tech came out, fixed the issue (had a bad module where the line comes in), and things are working better now than they were.

Got info from the tech: the promised upgrade for my area doesn't even have an ETR right now. At least the next closest hub is getting an upgrade to be able to have up to 24 Mbps. Sadly, people off our hub can't get provisioned for higher than between 3 & 4 Mbps (of the 7 we're paying for, mind you) due to a bottleneck at the central office. No surprise there. But we are supposed to be getting an upgrade soon, but who knows how long that "soon" will take.

But as usual, the tech was awesome, as compared to everyone else that I've ever dealt with when I've called. Seems like my local techs are the only ones who care about customers.

Comments:
ZSwiftmend

join:2013-05-05
Morgantown, WV

Frontier is bad!!!

I agree! I also live in a rural area outside of Morgantown, and have the same issues and concerns. They have never provided the service they promised, but they have always taken our money. Never once have they reduced my bill because of outages (which happen all the time). In my opinion, they dont care about thier customers. Our local service technicians worked like crazy to make it the best they can, but they cannot fix the infrastructure. Frontier has to provide the resources to upgrade the infrastructure in our areas....which they don't appear to be willing to do. You can find the article on DSLR about WV having to give back a couple million dollars because they did not do what was required to set up their contracts for updating the infrastructure in rural areas. All of it is unacceptable.

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
·HughesNet Satell..

Re: Frontier is bad!!!

Everyones experience is different, depends on where you live. I know of someone now that hates cable and loves DSL much better. I know of someone who loves satellite connection and hates DSL and cable/Fios. So it just depends on where you live and what type of user you are.

Our state made a big mistake on buying all that fibre, indeed but we truely needed it cause some of us were on very expensive connection and in need of change bad but in the end we got better deal with better/reliable connection and some of us didn't improve all that much. If your in a very rural area, chances are your never gonna get good deals or very good connection at all, just crap while most of everyone else using that same service are enjoying it.

said by muffy1986:

the fiber that is only affected during cold weather

There is no doubt with this. The fibre should've been buried to help keep it from getting effected by the cold. I spoke face-to-face with a technician what it was and it indeed was the fibre getting effected, he didn't know how is what he also said.

said by muffy1986:

Recently, throughout the day, the connection is down to 0.05 mbps

How far are you behind a terminal? The main reason why I get good service from mine is because i am just 200 feet behind one and we're the first ones so we get the ultra for that reason.
I hope your reading this papap. You were as kind, sweet and easy going person I ever met.
You no longer have to suffer from all the pain you had when down here on earth.
I love you.

R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise 8/9/45-11/21/13

phoneman1

@50.43.129.x

Re: Frontier is bad!!!

Here the bottom line, frontier has grossly over sold there available band width, they will continually tell you they are upgrading there equipment in your area. this will not happen, I have heard this story for 18 months now, my biggest fear came true just after xmas. all the new xboxes, smart tv, hand held, lap tops, you know xmas gifts ate up what was left of the available band width.. Frontier claims know responsibility..they are not governed by the puco, so they don't give a shit. bottom line your screwed.. fight for rate reductions thats all they'll do..

Michelle101

@50.126.19.x

Internet

Absolutely terrible. Want to watch any type of video? Forget it. A 30 minute show will take up to 2 1/2 hrs to watch. You can't leave it to load and come back because it will be in the exact same. Games are impossible to play.
The phone and internet are constantly blacking out for DAYS at a time. If you get hold of repairs, it is never Frontiers fault. One time they blamed AT&T. Another time it was due to a lightning strike. Even though there had not been a storm for several month prior to the blackout.
Save your money, go else where rather then with Frontier.
benf25

join:2014-06-04
Plymouth, OH

frontier internet

I pay way too much money for 3mbps, it ended up being about $175/month. I would never even consider dealing with frontier again and would strongly advise that anyone who is thinking about getting this type of internet to STRONGLY think again!!!!!
sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ

You don't have access to Comcast??

You don't have access to Comcast??

»www.comcast.com/locations/intern···lls.html
ZSwiftmend

join:2013-05-05
Morgantown, WV

Re: You don't have access to Comcast??

No we do not. We had a cite survey done last month, and it is not available in our area. Comcast is all around us, but not in our little pocket of heaven...LOL

Review by icex See Profile

• Location: USA
  • Telco party Focal
Good "100x better than colane cable!"
Bad "Install date took awile"
Overall "Love it"

7/5/14

Time for a update I guess. Connection has been stable but lately have had some problems. Connection will drop for a couple of hours during the night at random times. Past 2 weeks the connection has been unusable, called frontier and the tech said that their logs showed my modem disconnected 400+ times in one day due to water damage. Tech never came out, just called and said he reprogrammed the connection on their end. It's been ok since, but the download speed is pretty slow, hovering around 2-3mb instead of 6.

I got Frontier business internet installed at my business, and I have to say it is much more reliable than my home internet. We've never had a problem with it except one outage which was a statewide outage.

7/20/13

I've had ups and downs lately with Frontier. It seems the service drops alot now adays, and stays down for 2-3 hours at a time sometimes.

I called and talked to a tech about the issue. He told me to plug my modem straight into my pc. When I informed him the modem was in bridge mode, he stated it would still work. I told him it would not because it goes through my linksys router. He got smart with me telling me I had no idea what I was doing and he has done this for years. I told him I've done it for years as well and know what I'm talking about. He creates a ticket and says it'll be installed the next week, and offers to sell me a bunch of bs.

The following Wensday it was fixed. Sometimes my speed goes down to 1-2mb and sometimes it'll still crash for hours, but not as bad as before.

I still recommend Frontier but expect to be treated with respect when I call their tech support.
-----------
*5/27/2012*
They upgraded me to 6mb. I have been getting around 5.5mbps steady. I love frontier (its alot better than colane cable!)

Ordered 3/26 and was given a install date of 4/9. Neighbor ordered 3/27 and got it 3/29. I waited paitently until the 5th and went to the Central office and asked why I hadent got mine installed yet. Next day they came and installed it.

I use to use colane cable, and had a 6mb package. I would only get 500k through the evenings with a ping of over 500. Horrible..

Anyway, Frontier was suppose to be 6mb but since they just installed the dslam it is currently 3mb and we are suppose to be updated to 6 by the end of the year

Overall im happy.

Comments:

scottymead

join:2007-07-29
Post Falls, ID

I love hearing peoples positive reviews I love it as well.

Review by co_elk See Profile

• Location: Effingham,Effingham,IL
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "Not much :("
Bad "Real slow.. Very inconsistent speeds"

No competition in area.. They know that and are not improving there network!

Comments:

GERRY

@70.100.151.x

SERVICE

TERRIBLE SERVICE,BUT CONSISTANT......CONSISTANTLY TERRIBLE

stratoman

@166.182.3.x

Re: SERVICE

I hear ya man!!!.....NET went down last Friday night....still don't have it back and it's Tues evening now....told me a Tech will be out when one becomes available.....also told me that they don't prioritize home customers at all....just business ones....so if other service tickets of a higher priority are in the hopper, you are last on the pile and it could be whenever as home accounts just get pushed back.......sounds to me like I will get a Tech out if they have nothing really better to do.....what a great company!.......I wonder if that is the way the owners' HOME account is set up and if he waits till all the business tickets are serviced before they get to his issue? Gives me real confidence in his sincerity when he talks about how "customers are the top priority" & "they will do what ever it takes" to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction on the TV commercials......there is a bright spot however.....NO long term agreement locking me in.......so time to go shopping. Bottom line.....FRONTIER SUCKS REAL BAD at what they do. Best of luck to you. Jp

Review by glhamden See Profile

• Location: Lerona,Mercer,WV
Good "Avoid this company "
Bad "Avoid at all costs"
Overall "Avoid"

This company is only interested in money they do not care if you get what you paid for even with their terrible dsl they are constantly trying to up sell for more junk you do not need or want they will not stand be behind anything they sale you

Also note FCC is slowly becoming aware

Comments:
DeLiver
join:2004-09-01
Cincinnatus, NY

For the record...

"They have over sold their bandwidth in every market they serve and refuse to supply you with the bandwidth you purchased"

That is a complete lie. I am a customer that gets the bandwidth I purchased. Location is everything.

Review by Blackbird See Profile

• Location: Fort Wayne,Allen,IN
Good "Service/repair response time"
Bad "Slowdowns/stoppages during peak hours"
Overall "Looking for alternatives, but very few economical choices available"

This service started out with Verizon several years ago (hence my installation reviews reflect Verizon's earlier stewardship), and was bought up several years ago by Frontier. DSL and POTS under Frontier started out on a par with the previous Verizon level, but about a year ago, notable deterioration of DSL download speeds began occurring at peak hours, at times bringing things to a complete halt for several minutes. Apparently, server and/or line capacity isn't keeping up with traffic levels, especially after 5pm until 11pm when a lot of users stream data or game. Also, there continue to be unrelated sporadic problems with POTS heavy line noise/static (caused by cracks in the aging copper) that interfere with the phone service, but not the DSL running at a higher frequency. The copper lines to this area are old and poorly maintained .

The service still remains priced at $14.95/mo "for life," as originally contracted with Verizon.

member for 9.6 years, 3148 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by EdmondsFios See Profile

• Location: Edmonds,Snohomish,WA

I have the Frontier Fios Extreme Triple Play package with all Premium Channels. There are 44 premium channels in HD. The total cost for internet, phone with unlimited calling, and the TV package is $203 but approximately $40 of that is for premium channels.

I have had the service under Frontier's ownership since July 2010. It has been the best triple play package I have ever had and I have tried both satellite and Comcast during the last ten years. The quality of the service is a 10 and the picture on the TV is perfect all the time.

I have a Motorola 7216 and two Tivo's and all have operated without any problems. If you live in an area that can get Frontier Fios, I would highly recommend it. I have never had Frontier's dsl service and have no comment to make on it.

My internet service has been bullet proof and I have had no downtime or congestion issues. The service was originally installed by Verizon in October of 2008 and has been basically perfect since inception. I love the Frontier Fios service. If I have to ever go back to Comcast, I will go to antenna OTA or move.

Comments:

Review by Hank See Profile

• Location: Burlington,Mineral,WV
Good "With exceptions - see below."
Overall "Reliability is mediocure."

I have the DSLMax with a second connect. Telephone service is included on both lines. Modems supplied by Frontier are Westel 7500 and Netgear 7550. These modems are low end consumer grade. Because I live in a very rural area I do not expect any upgrades beyond what is currently available. Although reliability has improved over the last couple years it is still below industry standards. Dealing with the Customer Service Rep's is always a mistake. They do not listen to what the customer is saying. They have the mindset that customers are dumb and have absolutely no understanding of how the system works. Often they say the first dumb thing that pops into their head. Being acquainted with the local management team is a big plus. They will do their best to make sure that problems are addressed. Unfortunately they also must deal with Frontier Corp. management and are often as frustrated as the consumer is.

member for 12.2 years, 6173 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by William See Profile

• Location: Washougal,Clark,WA
Good "-"
Bad "-"
Overall "-"

·Canvas Dreams

Comments:

Scott M tech

@50.121.70.x

Frontier services

Hello,
I'm actually a technician with frontiers regular high speed internet help desk. Definitely consider giving frontier a call about the issues you're having, all of our 100 percent US based work force would be happy to assist you in trouble shooting your problem.

Thanks,
Scott M
burnside

join:2012-06-19

Frontier DSL Port Availability

I am building a house in the Washougal area by the Washougal River. I have spoke to a few technicians and see that there are no more available DSL ports. The neighbors I am building by all have DSL with Frontier. Am I doomed never to get a port unless one day someone drops Frontier???

Thanks,
b

John tan

@mycingular.net

Bad

Frontier is bad!! I hate it I'm switching

Mark Mywords

@untd.com

The Frontier dsl Port Unavailability Excuse

Frontier customer service is so consistently inconsistent that it's hard to believe it's not part of a plot. Rumor has it that Frontier is an agent of the liberal agenda working to frustrate and deny hi-speed access to political adversaries/conservatives.