Frontier Communications page on DSLReports

Review by yolarry See Profile

• Location: Creston,Wirt,WV
Good "Fast. Good Ping. "
Bad "Technical support needs a little improvement"
Overall "Better then Hughesnet"

·HughesNet Satell..
When you live in the rural area you got no choice but to switch from dial up or satellite to DSL. Finally after waiting for so long to get off the train wreck of Hughesnet. This year frontier answer my prayers and installed fiber optic lines. I had trouble with costumer service with techs giving me the run around and does give me a decent progress or ETA unless I talk the engineers from the remote box that is like 500 feet from my home which they don’t see to have no clue either . So 3 months later I talk to Ree GM Social Networking person, and she was very nice and send our order and 2 day air ship the netgear modem/router before they put the signs up on the remote box. Next day different tech calls in and say that she does not see anything listed on her database so I told the person it’s already taking care of, and she was being rude about saying my modem can’t do anything unless I am having account. So I hung up and called the main office, and the guy said it’s listed but I can only get 8mbps but funny thing the engineer tech was testing and getting 18 mbps. So I thought I go ahead and try 8mbps with $20 bucks a month. I got sick of paying $74 to Hughesnet. Not like I can upgrade anytime right? So 10/3/2013 the modem/router finally arrived. Place the filters hooked it up. DSL light blinking. Called the tech and he put me on hold for like 30 mins, and he tells me my neighborhood is set for 7th but he notices my neighbor is having a date for Friday installation so he’s going to put a request to check my end and see whats going on while he’s at neighbors. I know the box got redone in 2007 when a lighting storm struck the NIC beside my house. The line from the booth to the pole and to the house got replace in 2005. So could be an issue with junction haven’t rig up for DSL.. So next day (Friday) tech goes to the neighbor’s house. So I went to visit and ask if he got anything for me, and he said not without order #. So called frontier and to request the work order #. I was in a rush to get it to the tech before he leaves but the lady wanted to talk me into signing up for dish for like 5 mins and I told her we will discuss that later sometime but keeps bragging about it. So the guy hooked me up and told me to reboot my modem/router and should be getting 7mbps. WOOHOO

Benefits I like about this like about my new $20 internet

- I can game. That’s the major flow on hughesnet I couldn’t deal with it

- Unlimited. Now I can video chat with my friends and family over skype

- Netlifx. I’m a huge fan ever since I stay at my brother’s house.

- Weather does not kill my connection unlike hughesnet.

I’m overall happy since this the first time in my life I have DSL. I wouldn’t complain much to frontier but they really need some better techs.

Thanks for taking time to read this review. I just happy to get out of Hughesnet.

Update 11/12/2013: Still running rock solid. some hiccups with a couple of down times but all is good. I went ahead and upgrade to the 12mbps package and everything went fine but still getting crappy upload speed (1 mbps). I download some games from steam with my new package and sometimes it was hitting 15mbps. wow. Also, I been trying to port forward ports for an MW3 dedicated server off steam, but no mater what I tried I can't seem to get it open ports (Nat Strict) I even tried to bridge with my Linksys E3000 and still not letting me.

Update 12/4/2013: still running great. No bad luck! I saw my uptime 20 days and look at the chart and downloaded over 200GB last month. of course I brought a bunch of games on steam and watching netflix in HD on my xbox 360. Took the time and finally do windows update on all my pcs. Ask the neighbor if they have any issues and they say it's running great too!

Total on my phone bill with both internet and landline month $82

Update 9/19/2014: About couple months ago thunderstorm struck my modem and my poor linksys E3000 no longer reads LAN ports expect 1. Lucky I had a extra modem that frontier accidentally sent 2. I have not yet report this to frontier. Also my linksys turn into a wifi repeater only now I notice some days netflix and gaming doesn't play well. I get lag spike. Oh well! anything better then Hughesnet. Might call them next week to see if bundle with Dish Network since I miss tv for ~5 years now. I don't miss the commercials but I do miss my shows.

Update 12/7/2014: So I recently bundle TV with frontier with Dish. I order the Hooper and 3 rooms. Of course. the installer didn't get the right order but we got straighten out. Today I was bored and thought I play some black ops II since Advance Warfare being buggy. Now Black Ops II gives you actual ping numbers.. I didn't realized how low it ever been. Normally I get 75 but I getting 56 each lobby I go to. I run a ping test and got a A instead C. 7ms of jitter. Google, Yahoo all came out 56 ping again.

So not sure if they upgrade recently or this could change..I hope not. Haven't test netflix and gaming same time yet.

Comments:

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

Disappointed

Well, been close to 6 weeks since frontier started doing stuff in my area and after all the talk of us getting DSL. I have spoke with tammy(in parkersburg) several times and she's still saying "several weeks to go" but she said by the end of this year, everything will be complete(yeah, sure) I have'nt seen frontier do anything big down at the sub station in atleast 4 weeks now and there is snow on the ground already.

I guess 20 or maybe 40 more years of good old hughesnet. Hope frontier is treating you good atleast.
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired switch/ wireless D-Link router with password

Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.
jazneo

join:2014-08-25
Hazel Green, WI

lucky you i only got DSL no fiber yet

lucky you i only got DSL no fiber yet

Review by ncted See Profile

• Location: Durham,Durham,NC
Good "Fast, connection for a reasonable price. No caps. Netflix open connect CDN. CSRs and techs are very nice and friendly."
Bad "Installation happened a day late even though I purposely gave them plenty of lead time. 2 long outages in a week."
Overall "Very nice folks, good service."

I was on TWC Turbo (20/2), and I was unhappy with Netflix streaming performance and first byte time on websites and the recent price increases. Despite speedtest.net ping times of >20ms, it was laggy. I read that Frontier had joined the Netflix Open connect CDN: »signup.netflix.com/openconnect, and the price and speeds offered were good, so I decided to give it a try. I ordered Simply Broadband Max (24/2) for $55/month, no contract, free installation, and 2 year price guarantee.

Installation was a annoying because they didn't show up in the window they specified, and didn't call to tell me they weren't going to be able to make the appointment. I got a call over an hour later letting me know they would try again the next day. When I called to find out why, I was told they were busy fixing service for many people affected by adverse weather. While that may be true, they clearly knew they would not make my appointment well ahead of time, and they could have let me know sooner.

I received an ActionTec FV2200 modem. It has a full set of router features. I disabled wireless, and may try to put it into bridge mode, if I can determine how to make my Airport Extreme work with PPOE on a channel bonded connection.

Speedtest.net ping times are about 10ms longer than TWC, but first byte times are actually about 1/2 second lower than I observed with TWC. Netflix hasn't re-buffered yet, and it seems solidly at the highest PQ so far. I did experience an Internet outage (but not DSL, so must have been a backhaul issue) the first night I had the new service from about 12:30-2:00 AM, but TWC was down at the same time, so I would've been impacted either way. Since then, it has been rock solid. Hopefully that continues.

At the end of the day, I am happy I switched, and I hope this will be a reliable service for a long time to come.

UPDATE 3/5/2014:

I am posting this from my TWC connection I hadn't cancelled yet. Frontier has been down for hours and Tech Support has no idea why. This is the second time in a week. Not happy at the moment.

UPDATE 3/6/2014:

Due to connection reliability issues, I have cancelled my service. The CSR was extremely nice about it, and offered to lower my bill to make up for the inconvenience of the outage. If I didn't need this for work, I might consider it.

UPDATE 11/11/2014:

After a couple of frustrating months with TimeWarnerCable, and a series of annoying calls with customer support where they essentially told me to go stick my head in a lake, I am going to give Frontier another try. Based on local experiences recently by people on this forum and in-person discussions, it sounds like Frontier has gotten their act together a bit. Install is scheduled for 11/20. Fingers crossed that things go better this time.

UPDATE 11/20/2014:

Service installed today. Installer named Mike showed up promptly at 9 AM, and he was very professional and friendly. He had everything working within about 15 minutes, including running a new line from the street to my house to be buried later. After Mike left, I tried a speed test but was only getting 12/1 instead of 24/2. I contacted customer support who put me back in touch with Mike. Mike contacted tech support, and after a short while the provisioning was updated to 24/2 which I am now getting reliably. While they made a mistake with the original provisioning, they did fix the issue quickly as soon as I pointed it out. I have a better feeling about the service than I did the last time I tried it. Fingers-crossed.

member for 4.4 years, 707 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Lyle jeffrey

@50.36.70.x

extremely dissatfied

I am writing this to let everyone know just how we have been treated with this company! my wife was called over a year ago with a offer to bundle our services so we could save about $30.00 a month . she agreed and they bundled our service lo and behold our monthly bill did not go down but went up by over $30.00. after numerous calls to frontier (getting some one different each time) we got nothing but a run around. At this point we ask to cancel our services and was told there would be a large charge to do so. mind you we have been with this company for ever. this was a year ago just this week my wife called to cancel our service and they say the contract was renewed in October. we had no idea how this was done they now say there is a $100.00 for early cancellation fee. this company is like a bad omen once your in you cant get out with out paying threw to nose. so be ware people you should think twice before doing business with these rip offs. we are on a fixed income so every little bit helps!

WVuser

@172.56.1.x

installation of phone and internet

Frontier promised to have their complete installation finished by Oct. 17th, 2014. Since then I have been led to believe it was everyday tomorrow. This is a ridiculous operation without and checks and execution of agreement. I really think I will file a claim in small claims court for all of the lies, broken schedules/appointments and bad faith. If everyone filed a small suit against these guys, they would at least become truthful.

jsmiller58

@209.87.253.x

Re: installation of phone and internet

Same experience here.

Told install would be Nov 8. When I called them on the 8th to find out when the tech would be there they said - what install, we see that you placed an order for service but we don't see any date for the install in our system... What? Not a red flag for you people??

Then given a date for the 18th. Called on the 18. Sorry, but our tech is sick, won't make it on the 18th. Will definitely be the 19th.

19th rolls around around, we call to find out the stats and we are told, sorry, can't make it today either. We promise you it will be tomorrow, the 20th...

Anyone want to place a bet with me???
ncted

join:2010-10-25
Durham, NC

Installation delays

The first time I tried to have Frontier install service, they did not show up on time either. The installer I talked to today said they were hiring additional installers/techs nationwide to help reduce wait times for service calls. Some areas are having better luck than others actually finding qualified people.

Review by zenfort See Profile

• Location: Bloomfield,Hartford,CT
Good "haven't billed me since switch over"
Bad "upload speed between 0.01 and 0.13 Mb"
Overall "Not a good switch over from AT&T to Frontier CT"

AT&T Connecticut sale to Frontier CT = I am in 0.03 Mb upload (not heaven) = Over a week now! They can figure it out. I read AT&T / Frontier deal gave them no support. Tech support person told me some large business has the same upload problem. They have no updates to tell me any more.
I hour to upload a 6MB file. I have 20 domains with CMSs to update.

So far they haven't sent me a bill - I think they know they have provided no value of service.

Comments:
corporat

join:2012-02-15
Westbrook, CT

Create frontier ID in Ct

One would think easy transition, NO. Web page slow to load would not accept newly created id . One customer rep, One tech, Supervisor , One more customer service rep . Now this guy tried to enter my id from out west bingo worked . Again i mentioned frontier page slow to load . Asked to speak to supervisor again . Finally 4 hrs later supervisor says YES there is a problem with server will make note and pass along . Could i be compensated for time, say a bump in speed ? No.

Time for comcast again ? *shivers*
gbonehead

join:2008-10-01
Glastonbury, CT

Late charge without bill

I'm not thrilled with Frontier either. Several months ago they sent a cheerful postcard, not a peep since.

NOW I have a bill for two months, including late charges? For what? Them not sending me a bill?

In addition, I'm trying to figure out what all the cruft on the bill is, and their site seems to have no explanations of what they're charging for. "Complete Choice Enhanced"? Be nice to know what that is.

Gonna have to call them tomorrow. NOT looking forward to that.
zenfort

join:2014-11-21
Bloomfield, CT

Re: Late charge without bill

I received my bill today. called them to tell them I wasn't paying anything till my service was working. They said they'd put a note on my invoice and to call when it's working and they would credit the bill.

On their web site they say they will credit the late charges during the first 2 months.

I couldn't email a 8 MB image file last night. Tried 3 times each time nothing after 1.5 hours. I have to drive 4 miles to use the wifi at dunkin doughnuts. - I did get an app to transfer files to my phone - I then use cellular to email & ftp. Incredible pain in the behind!

Review by Omne See Profile

• Location: Dunbar,Kanawha,WV
Good "no caps"
Bad "very unreliable connection"
Overall "Live very close to the central office"

·Suddenlink
I'm supposed to be on a 12mb bonded service but, I have never seen that best I have gotten is 7mb and if it runs then it drops. I have had the service for 2 years now not good for netflix or gaming. So it looks like Suddenlink may be the only other choice, I had Verizon before the sold and never had connection problems. Using the Netgear 2550 modem.

member for 14.5 years, 4237 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

why me

@50.45.0.x

horror slow horror show

I am new to this service and all they keep promoting is their 3bies highspeed deal...well they have service slower than 56k...at least with 56k i would see some video. I can't get 1 sec of video to play on youtube...pages on websites load and load. With this horrible service there might as well be no youtube. How does one keep picking up more customers and never upgrade their net services? This could be fraud to charge over $34 for poor service like this. Seems like the housing scam....making promises, lying and giving nothing.....

Review by McPolygon See Profile

• Location: Everett,Snohomish,WA
Good "Unshakable Upload and Download speeds with VERY low ping times!"
Bad "BPON from the Silver Lake central office and the ONT only has a 100Mbps ethernet jack (FYI for people in Silver Firs/Mill Creek)"
Overall "Frontier fiber optic internet is priced right and very reliable even during peak hours its smooth sailing"

After being with Comcast for about 5 years I just wanted to get out. My only other reasonable option in my area (Silver Firs/Mill Creek) was Frontier Communications. I called Frontier's 800# and talked with their FIOS team and was offered 35/15 Internet for $49 a month (before Taxes and Fees) with no contract or install fee. This set up was hassle free with minimal effort on my behalf. The day before my scheduled install I had to have a fiber cable ran from the fiber junction box outside my house. Frontier appears to contract with Pacific Cable Construction, INC. to bury residential fiber. This contractor was very friendly and did a clean run underground along the side of my house. It took them about 1hr. A day later the Frontier technician arrived on time for the install. I asked the tech if he could enable the Ethernet port on the ONT. He had no problem doing this. However, the tech had to make sure it was working with the Frontier supplied router (Actiontech REV.I). and he made the disclaimer that if I use my own router and I needed technical support the only supported router is the Actiontech. I was fine with that. The installation went smoothly. The Motorola BPON ONT was installed on the side of the house, the battery backup installed in the garage and Ethernet connected as requested. I get a solid 35.5Mbps down and on average 17.7Mbps up, which is above my quoted upload speed of 15Mbps. The connection is rock solid, with no fluctuations in speed day or night. Regional pings are in the single digit range, which are far better than Comcast’s on average. All in all I am very pleased with the installation process and service provided. I would recommend Frontier Fios if you live in an area where this service is available and looking for an alternative to Comcast.

member for 1.3 years, 399 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by jmcgeejr1 See Profile

• Location: Kirkland,King,WA
Good "When it works it's great"
Bad "Nighttime slow downs to 2-5Mbps suck."
Overall "Miss Verizon so greatly. "

I cant go on and on about just how bad it has been since Frontier took over from Verizon, trust me, they suck.

member for 14.8 years, 2440 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

disappointed

@50.108.189.x

frontier sucks

Stuck in Rochester. I used to get great speed with frontier but now I get 1 mb/s download and .3 mb/s upload and they tell me that they can't do anything about it and that is the best I am going to get. I am paying for 6 mb/s and am going to change carriers.

Review by Bob61571 See Profile

• Location: Washington,Tazewell,IL
  • Telco party Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "No Contract , No Extra Added Services"
Bad "Slow Speed, Bad Online Support and Website, Lack of Communication, Frontier not keeping up with current technology here"
Overall "DSL speeds too slow, phone/DSL bundles price too high"

·MTCO Communicati..
·DIRECTV
August 17, 2012
Just received bill for 4 months of 3Mb DSL and Telephone service in the mail, for $360+.
No penalty added(that was so nice of them).
Frontier allowing for partial payment plan, if you call them.
Sounds like the customer billing/payment software system failed, big time!

++++++++++++++++++
As of July 1, 2010, Frontier is now my provider, after the Verizon acquisition.
$30 is for 3Mbps/768 speed, transferred from previous Verizon deal from late 2009/early 2010. Also, pay $54 for telephone, plus taxes/fees. Router/gateway is Verizon's Actiontec GT704-WG. More reliable than previous Verizon issued hardware(Westell 327W and 7500). Usual speedtest in range from 2.8 to 2.4 down. Have recorded 1.8 in late 2010/early 2011.

My alternatives are Comcast, MTCO(reselling DSL), HiBeam wireless, and the cellphone providers(Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, US Cellular). Some new Fiber providers are providing service nearby: ITV-3 in Pekin, and MTCO in Metamora). I don't think that Comcast has upgraded the Peoria area to DOCSIS 3 yet. AT&T has no interest in adding U-Verse in the Peoria area, since they still offer slow DSL. Local area has patchwork of telcos(Frontier, MTCO, FairPoint, CenturyLink, AT&T). Aggravating for Peoria area, as we are World Headquarters for a Fortune 50 multinational. Many of its employees provide support from home.

Good: Few connection problems for months(until lately). Recorded 14.55Mbps speedtest in October 2010(only lasted for a few days).

Bad experiences: Had 36 hour DSL/Phone outage(connected to rain/local construction) in mid June 2011. In last month(per speedtest.net), Frontier has been moving my initial connection from Carbondale, IL to DeKalb, IL to current Wichita, Kansas(where IP is now identified as Frontier, not Verizon). This required router power cycling. Verizon had previously used a small town near Dayton, Ohio.

Netflix is unwatchable on TV. Even YouTube on the PC has stutter.

Lack of communication from Frontier on outages(until after service restored), and future area plans. Website still has many Verizon references, 1 year after acquisition. Website support/documentation is definitely worse than Verizon.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
June 20 2014 - Cancelled Frontier because of 3 MB DSL Internet service and high bundle price with wireline phone of $98.

Good: Relatively stable, although had problems during snowstorms.

Bad: Frontier just did not want to upgrade their DSL speeds from 3MB here. Confirmed that this was my best available speed , after talking to Jeff Scott, Frontier area manager in Spring 2013. Frontier showing that they are not even close to being in the current game, with internet speed. They must think that area has no alternatives, or that they just don't have the $ to get into the current game. Bundle of landline and DSL was $98, which is too expensive. Also, cancelled service June 20 2014, and refund check arrived exactly 3 months later Sept 20 2014. This may be their process, but it's a slow/antiquated process for customers. All this shows why Frontier is a sub-par telco, that will continue to wither on the vine. Left Frontier for newly constructed fiber over builder CLEC, MTCO.

member for 6.6 years, 1953 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by aurgathor See Profile

• Location: Lynnwood,Snohomish,WA
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (month by month)
Good "works fine sometimes"
Bad "broken DNS servers, occasional long outages, throughput issues"
Overall "seriously thinking of switching comcast"

Verizon was OK, but things have gone seriously downhill since the switchover to Frontier. An IP change from a Verizon IP to Frontier IP took about 16 hours, for one.
Their DNS servers are crap and do page hijacking, see: »page hijacking by Frontier

Because of their "automatic" 12 months contract, I dropped them at the first renewal. After nearly 15 years, I don't want long term contracts.

member for 12.3 years, 6837 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

fancythecat

@74.32.109.x

Frontier not fixing service area where I live and no other service available

Hello,
We have no cell service in our area. We are having multiple problems with both phone service and internet with Frontier. Happening to over 100 residences. I would like to know just what we are supposed to do. No other company here, monolopy area.
We have multiple medical issues and phone works just sometimes.
If phone companies cannot afford to repair lines, and making people go to cell service, then they better put up a tower here. Something really must be done about this issue.
Why isn't the public service doing something about this problem???????????????????

@74.32.109.x

Re: Frontier not fixing service area where I live and no other service available

While they are having their meetings trying to decide what to do, we the customers, are without dependable service here. This has went on for months and months and months now.

jlevans

join:2002-11-20
Mansfield, PA
where are you ???

@184.9.184.x

In Cabins, West Virginia

Review by BillMcIntosh See Profile

• Location: Washougal,Clark,WA
Good "No complaints, except mail service"
Bad "Flaky mail service"
Overall "Fast and reliable"

·Canvas Dreams
02-15-14, been almost 2 years now, quite happy still, though wish mail service would work better. Frontier Yahoo mail is a flake of a service.

As an satellite user, was quite skeptical about Frontier was even really available here, my location is over 10 miles from the nearest town, there is a remote terminal about 2 miles down the road. Had Frontier DSL since 02-23-12 and took about a week for the install, using the Westell 7500 modem/router, all-in-all quite happy with the service.

Started with 3 Mbps down and 768K up, see speeds of ~ 3 Mbps down and ~ 1 Mbps up, don't recall exact date upload speed increased to 1 Mbps from 768. Have yet to contact Frontier for support. not needed yet, been over a year now. Pings generally stay below 50 ms all hours of the day, do spike every now and then above 100 ms, higher pings really don't bother me, coming from satellite.

member for 4.9 years, 1868 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Scott M tech

@50.121.70.x

Frontier services

Hello,
I'm actually a technician with frontiers regular high speed internet help desk. Definitely consider giving frontier a call about the issues you're having, all of our 100 percent US based work force would be happy to assist you in trouble shooting your problem.

Thanks,
Scott M
burnside

join:2012-06-19

Frontier DSL Port Availability

I am building a house in the Washougal area by the Washougal River. I have spoke to a few technicians and see that there are no more available DSL ports. The neighbors I am building by all have DSL with Frontier. Am I doomed never to get a port unless one day someone drops Frontier???

Thanks,
b

John tan

@mycingular.net

Bad

Frontier is bad!! I hate it I'm switching

Mark Mywords

@untd.com

The Frontier dsl Port Unavailability Excuse

Frontier customer service is so consistently inconsistent that it's hard to believe it's not part of a plot. Rumor has it that Frontier is an agent of the liberal agenda working to frustrate and deny hi-speed access to political adversaries/conservatives.

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA

Re: The Frontier dsl Port Unavailability Excuse

As outlandish as that rumor is, it could be true. Frontier sux in almost every way imaginable.

Review by spaceace49 See Profile

• Location: Altamont,Effingham,IL
Good "Speed is as advertised during the daytime"
Bad "In the evening from 7pm-12am the speeds drop to around 1.5Mbps down like clockwork"
Overall "I am leaving Frontier ASAP"

The package I ordered was the Business Ultra package. Advertised speed is 15Mbps down and 2Mbps up. Priced at $79 per month. My location is around 1-1.5 miles from the CO so signal strength isn't a problem. I ordered the business package because I work from home and required stable speeds and latency for VOIP connection.

Initial installation took around 2 weeks to complete due to rescheduling of the technician and needing a network interface box installed outside the house. Calling Frontier's support line didn't give any real results as they wouldn't give me a specific date when it would be completed. I was originally told it would be installed within a week.

Modem supplied was the Zyxel P-663HN-51 model.

After the initial installation the speeds seemed fairly stable and the internet rarely goes down. However, within a month I started noticing in the evenings the speeds started declining around 6pm and got progressively worse until around 12am with download speeds dropping to around 1.5Mbps down. The upload speed stayed consistent at around 1.9Mbps up and this never changes. After 12am the download speed jumped back up to 13.5Mbps down which is the normal maximum speed. During the day the speeds were close to normal, but still inconsistent. I placed several calls into Frontier support describing the issue I was experiencing and they dispatched a technician who replaced my modem with a different model (Frontier branded FV2200 model). I had the same problem with this modem as well. The technician suggested it might be "too many people online during the evenings". I put up with this for several more months with most evenings having to deal with the download dropping to 1.5-2Mbps. The lowest I saw was 1Mbps. At these speeds Netflix would not even load. HD viewing is out of the question. After around 10 months of service, I submitted a complaint to the FCC which Frontier responded to within a week by sending out 2 service technicians. I was told my line and connection looked solid with no issues on their end. They ran some speedtests inside and noticed the connection being inconsistent even around 3pm when they were here. They again replaced the modem with the same FV2200 modem and I continued having the problems as before. I was told I shouldn't be experiencing these drops in speed and that nobody else in the area was experiencing this. I received a call from the "supervisor" for the area as a followup and discussed the ongoing issue that was still occurring. I was again told this should not be happening and he would let the technicians know so they'd take a look at it again. I never heard anything back several weeks later so I again filed another complaint with the FCC with an attachment showing my speedtests every hour for one evening from 6pm-12am. I have heard nothing back since then and the problem continues.

I will be leaving Frontier very shortly once I verify my contract has expired and setup connection with Mediacom cable which is the only other option in this area other than wireless cell service.

downloadSpeedtest.pdf 119,177 bytes

Comments:
sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
·Vonage

We don't care

LOL!!!!!

"too many people online during the evenings"

In other words, "too many people online since we over sold our service and our equipment is crap and we don't care".
jazneo

join:2014-08-25
Hazel Green, WI

Re: We don't care

Medicom has some problems to