Frontier Communications page on DSLReports

Review by ncted See Profile

• Location: Durham,Durham,NC
Good "Fast, connection for a reasonable price. No caps. Netflix open connect CDN. CSRs and techs are very nice and friendly."
Bad "Installation happened a day late even though I purposely gave them plenty of lead time. 2 long outages in a week."
Overall "Very nice folks, good service."

I was on TWC Turbo (20/2), and I was unhappy with Netflix streaming performance and first byte time on websites and the recent price increases. Despite speedtest.net ping times of >20ms, it was laggy. I read that Frontier had joined the Netflix Open connect CDN: »signup.netflix.com/openconnect, and the price and speeds offered were good, so I decided to give it a try. I ordered Simply Broadband Max (24/2) for $55/month, no contract, free installation, and 2 year price guarantee.

Installation was a annoying because they didn't show up in the window they specified, and didn't call to tell me they weren't going to be able to make the appointment. I got a call over an hour later letting me know they would try again the next day. When I called to find out why, I was told they were busy fixing service for many people affected by adverse weather. While that may be true, they clearly knew they would not make my appointment well ahead of time, and they could have let me know sooner.

I received an ActionTec FV2200 modem. It has a full set of router features. I disabled wireless, and may try to put it into bridge mode, if I can determine how to make my Airport Extreme work with PPOE on a channel bonded connection.

Speedtest.net ping times are about 10ms longer than TWC, but first byte times are actually about 1/2 second lower than I observed with TWC. Netflix hasn't re-buffered yet, and it seems solidly at the highest PQ so far. I did experience an Internet outage (but not DSL, so must have been a backhaul issue) the first night I had the new service from about 12:30-2:00 AM, but TWC was down at the same time, so I would've been impacted either way. Since then, it has been rock solid. Hopefully that continues.

At the end of the day, I am happy I switched, and I hope this will be a reliable service for a long time to come.

UPDATE 3/5/2014:

I am posting this from my TWC connection I hadn't cancelled yet. Frontier has been down for hours and Tech Support has no idea why. This is the second time in a week. Not happy at the moment.

UPDATE 3/6/2014:

Due to connection reliability issues, I have cancelled my service. The CSR was extremely nice about it, and offered to lower my bill to make up for the inconvenience of the outage. If I didn't need this for work, I might consider it.

UPDATE 11/11/2014:

After a couple of frustrating months with TimeWarnerCable, and a series of annoying calls with customer support where they essentially told me to go stick my head in a lake, I am going to give Frontier another try. Based on local experiences recently by people on this forum and in-person discussions, it sounds like Frontier has gotten their act together a bit. Install is scheduled for 11/20. Fingers crossed that things go better this time.

UPDATE 11/20/2014:

Service installed today. Installer named Mike showed up promptly at 9 AM, and he was very professional and friendly. He had everything working within about 15 minutes, including running a new line from the street to my house to be buried later. After Mike left, I tried a speed test but was only getting 12/1 instead of 24/2. I contacted customer support who put me back in touch with Mike. Mike contacted tech support, and after a short while the provisioning was updated to 24/2 which I am now getting reliably. While they made a mistake with the original provisioning, they did fix the issue quickly as soon as I pointed it out. I have a better feeling about the service than I did the last time I tried it. Fingers-crossed.

member for 4 years, 605 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated a few hours ago

Comments:

Lyle jeffrey

@50.36.70.x

extremely dissatfied

I am writing this to let everyone know just how we have been treated with this company! my wife was called over a year ago with a offer to bundle our services so we could save about $30.00 a month . she agreed and they bundled our service lo and behold our monthly bill did not go down but went up by over $30.00. after numerous calls to frontier (getting some one different each time) we got nothing but a run around. At this point we ask to cancel our services and was told there would be a large charge to do so. mind you we have been with this company for ever. this was a year ago just this week my wife called to cancel our service and they say the contract was renewed in October. we had no idea how this was done they now say there is a $100.00 for early cancellation fee. this company is like a bad omen once your in you cant get out with out paying threw to nose. so be ware people you should think twice before doing business with these rip offs. we are on a fixed income so every little bit helps!

WVuser

@172.56.1.x

installation of phone and internet

Frontier promised to have their complete installation finished by Oct. 17th, 2014. Since then I have been led to believe it was everyday tomorrow. This is a ridiculous operation without and checks and execution of agreement. I really think I will file a claim in small claims court for all of the lies, broken schedules/appointments and bad faith. If everyone filed a small suit against these guys, they would at least become truthful.

jsmiller58

@209.87.253.x

Re: installation of phone and internet

Same experience here.

Told install would be Nov 8. When I called them on the 8th to find out when the tech would be there they said - what install, we see that you placed an order for service but we don't see any date for the install in our system... What? Not a red flag for you people??

Then given a date for the 18th. Called on the 18. Sorry, but our tech is sick, won't make it on the 18th. Will definitely be the 19th.

19th rolls around around, we call to find out the stats and we are told, sorry, can't make it today either. We promise you it will be tomorrow, the 20th...

Anyone want to place a bet with me???
ncted

join:2010-10-25
Durham, NC

Installation delays

The first time I tried to have Frontier install service, they did not show up on time either. The installer I talked to today said they were hiring additional installers/techs nationwide to help reduce wait times for service calls. Some areas are having better luck than others actually finding qualified people.

Review by Darknessfall See Profile

Good "TV features, uptime, price, decent packages"
Bad "N/A"
Overall "More people should consider it!"

SEE ORIGINAL U-VERSE REVIEW WITH MORE DETAILS HERE:
»/comment/86111

Update: 7/28/14

I recently upgraded our broken VIP1200 to an ISB7005 which is must faster. I also downgraded from Max Turbo to Max Plus(getting 23/2). We also downgraded to the 200 minute plan a few months ago. My bill is now $109.

Line stats at the time of the update:

Down/ Up
Max User Rate 60168 kbs Not Available
Noise Margin 19.4 dB Not Available
Attenuation 10.8 dB Not Available
Output Power 14.2 dBm -20.7 dBm
Update: 8/30/14

Since the last review we replaced our second VIP1200 with a ISB7005 and our VIP1225 with a VIP2250.

Update: 10/23/14

We will be transitioned to Frontier in a few days. Hopefully I'll be able to update with some feedback of how it goes.

Update: 11/09/14

We haven't had too many issues since the transition. I'm awaiting my first Frontier bill to see if there are any mess ups with my promotions. We're waiting for the caller ID on TV to come back though. I'll give it some time. I wish Frontier had a more robust online management website though.

11/20/14

Still no caller ID, but hopefully soon(they're saying it may be until the end of December).

Now have Hallmark Channel in our TV line-up that hasn't been available for years with AT&T.

member for 2.2 years, 1264 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
jlarysz

join:2014-11-16

Frontier smtp emails getting dumped

I use Frontier DSL through lack of choice, and until yesterday I have been using their smtp servers to send emails using Microsoft Outlook. I discovered that since the end of August 2014, no emails were being delivered to a specific address if sent from my Outlook client. I traced this to a machine on the mailing route called "filter01.roch.ny.frontiernet.net". No emails for this address routed through this particular machine ever left it. They were not being bounced back to me, so they were being dumped. Frontier chat support were completely useless - "lorelei" (age, sex, qualification and location unknown) concluded that the port on which I was collecting POP3 traffic needed tweeking and had no idea what that blocking server was doing - and wasn't interested in finding out. I do not know if other recipient addresses were being dumped too - I can only find out if someone expecting an email from me doesn't get it and complains about it. I am now using a different smtp server and feel a lot more confident that the mail will get through.
jlarysz

join:2014-11-16

Frontier DSL Performance

I use Frontier Communications DSL in western NY state - it's my only option. It is a poor service. Performance is erratic; it is always slow, but often it is very slow. The local techies can't do any more. The infrastructure is terrible and Frontier are not the kind of company who invest any more than the minimumin their service. The company does not deserve many of the people who work for it.

Review by jhejr See Profile

• Location: Guntown,Lee,MS
Good "Most all customer support has been very good."
Bad "DSL system needs upgrade. "
Overall "For where we are it's good"

Modem router combo is Netgear Model 7500. Runs hot, weak Wi-Fi output. Frontier will not turn on router firewall, says the firewall stop's some of there services. No free security software. Try to up sell you security services, and software. System here is old but working ok. Speaking for myself: The system is oversold. System slow down from 4 PM to 10PM. A system upgrade would be welcome. Wish they would upgrade the netgear 7500, to a better combo.

The service was 12 Mbps ordered. Glad to get the 11 mbps speed. Frontier says they are working on the system. Not holding my breath on that. I was with Comcast 50/10 internet. Moved into senior apt. We miss the faster speed, but we do not miss wait on hold for 30 min, hang up's by so called customer service of Comcast. Frontier customer service is so much better than Comcast, we don't mind having a slower connection. Frontier's installer was helpful and well trained. He tried to satisfy our needs as well as possible. Hope Frontier steps up and works on there problems

Comments:

Unhappy Cust

@50.126.145.x

Frontier Internet

Just switched over to Frontier in a couple of weeks, I opened my first bill and was shocked. The bill is $436 included installation and all kinds of extra charges. I called Frontier Customer and waited for appr. 20 minutes; finally, someone answered. They said, the bill was wrong because they charged me 3 times more for installation fees ($99x3). I told them that when I called to switch over to Frontier; they said, "No installation charges whatsoever and no hidden fees incurred." Well, they lied. I called back the second time, they said that they will write to someone with Frontier for me so they can look further into my bill. They said, I have to wait' "someone will let me know about their decisions." If you think you would like to switch over to Frontier internet because of their low prices, please do your research and don't get trapped like me. I hope Frontier will do better in customer services and keep their promises. This kind of lies will lead to lawsuits and decline in customers' satisfaction.

Re: Frontier Internet

Unhappy Cust: Thanks for the post. We called Frontier and checked our bill. It was incorrect and we had them to change it, I hope. Thank you for your post.

PoooTang

@50.107.191.x
Same happened here....I will let people know,DO A CHAT SESSION ONLINE ,AND SAVE THE QUOTE WHEN FINISHED.....BEFORE YOU GET YOUR BILL...Its what i used to prove the same scenario. The chat log is save to your email,and they cant go back on the salespersons own chat.....Use CHAT ONLINE at all cost for ANYTHING!....Hope it helps any future customers,i went from 170$ a month 30/3Mbps, too 54.99$ a month for 27/1Mbps ...great service once you get past the Billing.

·Frontier Communi..

Update

Frontier got my 12/1 to about 11.50mbps and upload to.95 mbps, latency from .42 to .23ms. The download was about 9.50 to 10.25mbps. The upload was .32 to .33 mbps. It appears that is a good as I will get on a old dsl system. In a small town of 2000+ upgrades will be very slow in coming. I do have access to over priced cable internet. Hope that having compaction will get more speed and pricing.

Internet congestion

First month as a frontier customer. Congestion,slow downs,and very long waits for pages to load. To be fair to Frontier the customer service and pricing are very good. I also have access to cable internet service. We were a 20 year Comcast customer before we moved. After getting off cable's high prices and bad customer service. We do not wish to return to that world. If Frontier don't improve in the next month or so we will be looking for a new isp.

Review by yolarry See Profile

• Location: Creston,Wirt,WV
Good "Fast. Good Ping. "
Bad "Technical support needs a little improvement"
Overall "Better then Hughesnet"

·HughesNet Satell..
When you live in the rural area you got no choice but to switch from dial up or satellite to DSL. Finally after waiting for so long to get off the train wreck of Hughesnet. This year frontier answer my prayers and installed fiber optic lines. I had trouble with costumer service with techs giving me the run around and does give me a decent progress or ETA unless I talk the engineers from the remote box that is like 500 feet from my home which they don’t see to have no clue either . So 3 months later I talk to Ree GM Social Networking person, and she was very nice and send our order and 2 day air ship the netgear modem/router before they put the signs up on the remote box. Next day different tech calls in and say that she does not see anything listed on her database so I told the person it’s already taking care of, and she was being rude about saying my modem can’t do anything unless I am having account. So I hung up and called the main office, and the guy said it’s listed but I can only get 8mbps but funny thing the engineer tech was testing and getting 18 mbps. So I thought I go ahead and try 8mbps with $20 bucks a month. I got sick of paying $74 to Hughesnet. Not like I can upgrade anytime right? So 10/3/2013 the modem/router finally arrived. Place the filters hooked it up. DSL light blinking. Called the tech and he put me on hold for like 30 mins, and he tells me my neighborhood is set for 7th but he notices my neighbor is having a date for Friday installation so he’s going to put a request to check my end and see whats going on while he’s at neighbors. I know the box got redone in 2007 when a lighting storm struck the NIC beside my house. The line from the booth to the pole and to the house got replace in 2005. So could be an issue with junction haven’t rig up for DSL.. So next day (Friday) tech goes to the neighbor’s house. So I went to visit and ask if he got anything for me, and he said not without order #. So called frontier and to request the work order #. I was in a rush to get it to the tech before he leaves but the lady wanted to talk me into signing up for dish for like 5 mins and I told her we will discuss that later sometime but keeps bragging about it. So the guy hooked me up and told me to reboot my modem/router and should be getting 7mbps. WOOHOO

Benefits I like about this like about my new $20 internet

- I can game. That’s the major flow on hughesnet I couldn’t deal with it

- Unlimited. Now I can video chat with my friends and family over skype

- Netlifx. I’m a huge fan ever since I stay at my brother’s house.

- Weather does not kill my connection unlike hughesnet.

I’m overall happy since this the first time in my life I have DSL. I wouldn’t complain much to frontier but they really need some better techs.

Thanks for taking time to read this review. I just happy to get out of Hughesnet.

Update 11/12/2013: Still running rock solid. some hiccups with a couple of down times but all is good. I went ahead and upgrade to the 12mbps package and everything went fine but still getting crappy upload speed (1 mbps). I download some games from steam with my new package and sometimes it was hitting 15mbps. wow. Also, I been trying to port forward ports for an MW3 dedicated server off steam, but no mater what I tried I can't seem to get it open ports (Nat Strict) I even tried to bridge with my Linksys E3000 and still not letting me.

Update 12/4/2013: still running great. No bad luck! I saw my uptime 20 days and look at the chart and downloaded over 200GB last month. of course I brought a bunch of games on steam and watching netflix in HD on my xbox 360. Took the time and finally do windows update on all my pcs. Ask the neighbor if they have any issues and they say it's running great too!

Total on my phone bill with both internet and landline month $82

Update 9/19/2014: About couple months ago thunderstorm struck my modem and my poor linksys E3000 no longer reads LAN ports expect 1. Lucky I had a extra modem that frontier accidentally sent 2. I have not yet report this to frontier. Also my linksys turn into a wifi repeater only now I notice some days netflix and gaming doesn't play well. I get lag spike. Oh well! anything better then Hughesnet. Might call them next week to see if bundle with Dish Network since I miss tv for ~5 years now. I don't miss the commercials but I do miss my shows.

Comments:

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
·HughesNet Satell..

Disappointed

Well, been close to 6 weeks since frontier started doing stuff in my area and after all the talk of us getting DSL. I have spoke with tammy(in parkersburg) several times and she's still saying "several weeks to go" but she said by the end of this year, everything will be complete(yeah, sure) I have'nt seen frontier do anything big down at the sub station in atleast 4 weeks now and there is snow on the ground already.

I guess 20 or maybe 40 more years of good old hughesnet. Hope frontier is treating you good atleast.
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired switch/ wireless D-Link router with password

Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.
jazneo

join:2014-08-25
Hazel Green, WI

lucky you i only got DSL no fiber yet

lucky you i only got DSL no fiber yet

Review by dragonman300 See Profile

• Location: Anaheim,Orange,CA
Good "Order 6mbps plan now getting 12mbps!"
Bad "DSLAM appear to running at max capacity"
Overall "Internet work fine and I am happy camper "

·Dish Network
Im currently babysitting dogs at my Grandma house in Lake Havasu City for a month. I ordered $30 Broadband Simply MAX 6mbps. The tech installation and Netgear 7750 Gateway is free, Thanks to Frontier. After the technician left, I decided to speedtest my internet connection. Speedtest show 11.30mbps down and 0.90mbps up which is good! Although the ping is higher than I thought. But hey, at least my internet work and now I can get my service on my T-mobile GS4 via Wifi Calling.

My ADSL2+ signal stat and Speedtest

member for 3.7 years, 1229 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by jazneo See Profile

• Location: Hazel Green,Grant,WI
Good "Get good ping for online game"
Bad "Disconnect in the week Random"
Overall "Only DSL in my Area"

It run ok for a DSL line that 110miles from the DSL server. There some time the connection get Disconnect out Randomly mostly like something happen to the Telephone line. i only get 1.20mb down that enough for games but take forever to update and download new game. I live in valley only connection i can get. If there was any other DSL or Some other type Fiber line i would change over.

It only take one day to get connect get Frontier install

I get good ping for mmorpg games.

Example games i play

The elder scroll online no Combat lag
Dragon nest no lag
Mabinogi lag little
Vindictus lag little

member for 94 days, 110 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by slopoke See Profile

• Location: London,Madison,OH
Good "Always On, Wireless Strong, Mostly Consistant."
Bad "Congestion when the School Buses empty and kiddies online."
Overall "Rural area with DSL. At least we have broadband."

After we changed from Verizon DSL; things went without a hitch. Had a couple bumps when contract renewed, but got that fixed. Our 'road' guys are great, friendly guys who help you get everything up to par. Small town in NoHio on line. We have Nextel Modems. Excellent wireless signal. Good advertised speeds except when the homework starts, till about midnite. Normal. Don't really use Yahoo much but the mail is good. Keeps you posted. Fair on-line support. Better getting help Here at BBR. Good site. We good.

Update: Still good. Been 'on' 166 days without a drop. Speed has improved with local updates to equipment. Road guys are great. Cruise by to see if things are good. Could get cable (TW) but they want thousands to run cable back to farm. For an extrra 3Ms don't think so. People have problems but Frontier has been good here.

Comments:
slopoke

join:2012-05-20
London, OH

something falling apart.

Been having a lot of trouble with drops and or no connection to web sites. guy came out with a clipboard and tried to explain. I think he said we're having server trouble on outbound. Then I see him in town and he asked if any better. Told him no. Next bill was $6 more "because of our improvements." Not. Been two months and still dropping, if not worse. Somethings up cause we had no down time or problems for a couple years. He even said something about fiber but didn't understand what he meant. ( I've been into computers since punch cards and I don't get it.) Just saying, if you are experiencing any of this respond. Center Ohio
Just Me and My Acer. And a bag of chips.

Review by isp10002 See Profile

Good "Consistent fast speeds"
Bad "Dissconects, Slow"
Overall "Decent service, frontier needs to work on getting faster speeds"

·Dish Network
·Verizon Wireless..
I got this installed a few days ago, we got the highest package we could get 3 Mbps down 768k up, speeds are very consistent I'm getting 2.5 mbps down and . 5 up all the time, fast speeds, but I wish I could get something a little faster but 3 Mbps Is fine I play Xbox live and rarely have lag, but I wish I could get faster speeds buy 3 Mbps will have to do.

Update 1 week later
So far frontier is doing great, but I'm getting 2.5 mbps down and . 6 upload out of the 3mbps down and 768k up. I play Minecraft and Xbox and have no lag, I plan on staying with frontier for a long time in till cable comes to my area. I can stream 720p videos with no buffering and 1080p with little buffering.

Update 1 Month later:
Still rock solid service, but i did notice something yestorday, It was raining heavily yestorday and i notice my xbox was lagging a bit, i do a speed test download and upload are fine, but ping is 105+ ms when is is usally below 75, hopefully it doesnt do this all the time or i will make frontier do something about it. I hope its not because of a waterlogged dsl line or bridge tap. But anyways still great service so far, The only thing that makes me mad is when a family member is streaming netflix when im playing xbox, then one of us has to get off. I hope to see a upgrade in another year or 2, Maybe they will get bonded out here or move us to a closer hub. But everything is great, Hopefully it stays like that.

May 18th:
Still rock soild service.

June 18th:
Nothing has changed.

July 25th:
Still great service!
EDIT August 4th: Recently we have been having problems with dead spots in some parts of the house. The net gear modem/router is downstairs in the basement so we got a cat 5 cable and ran it from the netgear 7550 in the basement to a new netgear n600 dual band router on the middle floor. Now we don't have dead spots in the house and everything works great.

November 24:
Still no problums

January 18th: Something really unexpected happened. Armstrong started putting up guide lines for FIOS on our poles. They said it will be up and running in 6 months or so. So when they get their stuff up i will switch to armstrong. But still i have nothing bad to say about frontier. All though in decemeber we had the service go down 2 times for about 2 hours for a unknown reason but was fixed.

2/24/2014:
Well this was unexpected. Well we were having problums with out internet latley and so have our neighbors. The internet would go down at least 3 times a day ranging from a few hours to all day. Eventionally we got a tech out and he worked on a few boxes down the road and did a complete modem reset. First day every thing was good, than we started having problums again but it wasent as bad before he came out. It now goes out maybe 1 time a day and a modem reboot usally fixes it. All i have to say is try to stay away from this company only go unless you really have to they arent the most reliable company but i am still some what satified.

4/5/2014: All problems seemed to have cleared up im guessing it may have been due to very cold weather effecting our old lines. Everything seems to be back to normal now

8/14/2014: Finally, after 1 year after have having Frontier, Armstrong Fiber finally got to our area, Which is getting installed tomorrow with a 15/2 package. We had a 1 year contract with Frontier and they renewed it AGAIN for some reason. We managed to clear the auto renew and are canceling our service tomorrow for Armstrong FIOS. All i have to say is only go with Frontier if you have no other options, Personally i had no problem with relablity with them but the problem is their service is slow (2mbps).

Comments:

Disappointed

@mycingular.net

Terrible service!

My father who is 75 just moved into a retirement community where Frontier is the only provider of internet/tv/phone service. He has waited over two weeks for a technician to come turn on his service only to get an automated call at the end of today to say they aren't going to make the appointment. I tried to call the number only to get a rude customer service rep to say he'll have to reshedule. Frontier has represented themselves very poorly. They missedare their appointment and the customer service rep stated their appointment times are a ot committments they just try to make the times. I have never experience such poor service. If we had a choice we would not use Frontier. Terrible!! Awful!!

@mycingular.net

Hate Frontie

@comcastbusiness.net
When we first switched to frontier, it took them 2 weeks to get our service turned on. The kept coming out and "flipping a switch" and nothing worked. After 4 visits we finally got them to come in a fix the outlets to get our service to work. When we moved we explained what had occurred during the initial install and asked that a technician come in and make sure everything was ok before they left. They refused and told us it wouldn't be necessary, so after 3 more "switch flipping" visits they told us they would come in a do the outlets again. But the technician took it upon himself to decide it wasn't unnecessary. And guess what? We still don't have internet. It has ow been 3 weeks and have another schedule today to get our service activated. What really makes me mad is that frontier is our ONLY choice for internet otherwise I would have been rid of those worthless idiots. We spoke two TWO supervisors now and were promised someone would come in. If they do not I will be in there office in Bloomington and making a scene. I am starting to wonder if they recruit their staff at the special Olympics.

isp10002

join:2012-10-24

Re: Worst service ever

What do you mean by "flipping a switch" where? on the nid?

hate frontie

@comcastbusiness.net

Re: Worst service ever

I don't know. That's what they said on the . That they just had to flip a switch and didn't have to ever come in the apartment.

Isp100022

@50.43.177.x

Re: Worst service ever

I feel so lucky to have good service, i can stream hd videos without buffering,the choices around here are century link or frontier and the highest they can provide is 3 mbps.

tech

@comcast.net
there is no switch to flip. the rep has to go to the central office and loop the line through the dsl equipment or if it is a remote changed the port to one with dsl or dial tone and dsl on it. there is no switch to flip
Jeep80909

join:2013-05-27
Lakeville, MN

Re: Worst service ever

That's not true...there's is a switch.

I signed up for DSL Lite and had it for 4 years then switched to DSL Max over the phone Frontier had to send me a new modem. Once installed I ran a speedtest and it was the same old speed, lite version, I called they sent a "tech" out. The tech called the office, they flipped the switch and it worked.

Now 2 months later, it's back to 0.77 Mbps!

I called again, this time she tried to sell me an "Upgrade" for $10 a month...Frontier Communication are lairs

I'm going to check out a hotspot.

tech

@comcast.net
did you have a self install or did you pay for a full install? self install means it is good to the nid on the side of the house, full install is good to the jack... so it matters what you got.

isp10002

join:2012-10-24

Re: Worst service ever

Ha i dont get how peoples wiring is so bad. My wiring was installed by gte 12+ years ago or more probally.

Review by Aranarth See Profile

• Location: Stanwood,Mecosta,MI
Good "Cheap and available"
Bad "DSL is not as fast as cable"
Overall "If your choices are Satellite or DSL, DSL wins!"

Finally got it in the area after almost 9 years of promises.

Definitely better than Wildblue 500kbs service.

There are some coordination issues where everyone I called said yep its all hooked up but when the tech went to the NOC he found out it was not hooked up yet.

Price is decent.
Provided modem is a bit weird... may decide to ditch it early and get a better one form Netgear etc.

Update: After getting 3.2mbps for 6 months I started having dropped connections and other issues. Tech who came out just dropped my speed to 1700kpbs and said that was all the line was good for. So far frontier has given a deaf ear to the idea that it was running 100% stable at 3mbps for 6-9 months and that there is an issue with the line. I might switch to casair instead to get the performance I'm supposed to get.

Comments:

Arnold

@50.45.188.x

Frontier Will Not Help Us.

After about a year of having the same problems with my internet, over and over they sent a tech guy to come and help, many times. But each time the Frontier tech came here it was as if they did nothing and told us the problem was fixed and left. Each time was the same, and each time the problem did not get fixed despite their promises. Internet is very slow now and i still cannot go on youtube or watch any videos. I am hoping that one day they will do their jobs and finally help us.

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA
·SureWest Internet

3-6mbps

Frontier almost always does that. Start at between 3-6 on the download side, then whammo, they cut your speed and say everything in the book is responsible for your new landing spot of 1mbps download. You will never see that higher speed again. Frontier sucks!

wow

@50.120.125.x

same thing

wow,,,,the exact same thing has happened to us,, 6 to 9 months of really good service,, then disconnects,, then slow service

Review by icex See Profile

• Location: USA
  • Telco party Focal
Good "100x better than colane cable!"
Bad "Install date took awile"
Overall "Love it"

7/5/14

Time for a update I guess. Connection has been stable but lately have had some problems. Connection will drop for a couple of hours during the night at random times. Past 2 weeks the connection has been unusable, called frontier and the tech said that their logs showed my modem disconnected 400+ times in one day due to water damage. Tech never came out, just called and said he reprogrammed the connection on their end. It's been ok since, but the download speed is pretty slow, hovering around 2-3mb instead of 6.

I got Frontier business internet installed at my business, and I have to say it is much more reliable than my home internet. We've never had a problem with it except one outage which was a statewide outage.

7/20/13

I've had ups and downs lately with Frontier. It seems the service drops alot now adays, and stays down for 2-3 hours at a time sometimes.

I called and talked to a tech about the issue. He told me to plug my modem straight into my pc. When I informed him the modem was in bridge mode, he stated it would still work. I told him it would not because it goes through my linksys router. He got smart with me telling me I had no idea what I was doing and he has done this for years. I told him I've done it for years as well and know what I'm talking about. He creates a ticket and says it'll be installed the next week, and offers to sell me a bunch of bs.

The following Wensday it was fixed. Sometimes my speed goes down to 1-2mb and sometimes it'll still crash for hours, but not as bad as before.

I still recommend Frontier but expect to be treated with respect when I call their tech support.
-----------
*5/27/2012*
They upgraded me to 6mb. I have been getting around 5.5mbps steady. I love frontier (its alot better than colane cable!)

Ordered 3/26 and was given a install date of 4/9. Neighbor ordered 3/27 and got it 3/29. I waited paitently until the 5th and went to the Central office and asked why I hadent got mine installed yet. Next day they came and installed it.

I use to use colane cable, and had a 6mb package. I would only get 500k through the evenings with a ping of over 500. Horrible..

Anyway, Frontier was suppose to be 6mb but since they just installed the dslam it is currently 3mb and we are suppose to be updated to 6 by the end of the year

Overall im happy.

member for 10.5 years, 3323 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

scottymead

join:2007-07-29
Post Falls, ID

I love hearing peoples positive reviews I love it as well.