AT&T (Business Services) page on DSLReports

Review by wprensky See Profile

• Location: Brooklyn,Kings,NY
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "reliable fast service from AT&T - good Customer Service"
Bad "depends upon verizon for wiring - verizon response to problems slow"
Overall "if you have to use Verizon wire - AT&T provides muscle to get them to respond"

For basic T1 service AT&T is a terrific provider but they don't own their own cabling. this is a major problem. they depend upon local telco for line provisioning. Verizon is our local and they are overwhelmed with other issues and with infrastructure problems. AT&T had been talking about broadcast cellular hi-speed T1 emulations - they need to do that or something to get them away from local telco who is not necessarily focused on AT&T's business customers first. But AT&T MIS has terrific customer service - so we as a business are sort of stuck in the middle.

member for 10.3 years, 170 visits, last login: 1.3 years ago

Comments:

Review by jsullvn See Profile

• Location: Quakertown,Bucks,PA
  • CLEC party: Covad
Good "EXCELLENT communications before, during and after installation!"
Overall "Highly recommend AT&T despite slightly higher cost - It's worth the extra few dollars/month for the service."

·RCN CABLE
I was contacted 24 hours after placing my online order through AT&T. I ordered 604/125 ASDL and was constatnly kept updated throughout the ordering process with e-mails and phone calls. Additionally, 5 days later AT&T sent me via FEDEX a complete pre- installation (did I mention it was personalized?) planner, which contained all of the info, phone numbers, setup instructions, etc. that helped to answer all of my questions and ensure a smooth install. Verizon and Covad showed up as promised to do their part, and I always received a follow up e-mail from AT&T confirming every site visit and appointment. The Covad technician needed about 20 minutes to get me up and running. He was polite, professional (and even called me the night before AND when he was on his way the following morning to confirm my appointment). AT&T/ Covad KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF with their service! I have had no problems since my install. I am receiving a solid 125k up and 550- 575k down. I am paying $49/month (others quoted $39), but based on the horror stories I have heard so far , have no regrets paying a little more - the service is worth it! Besides, at least I know that AT&T WILL pay its charges to Covad, and not go belly up like many other ISP's; leaving their customers without ANY service! AT&T also hosts my personal domain mail which was a snap to transfer over. Not bad for a company that seems to always get slammed for being to big, unresponsive and "impersonal"!

UPDATE.....Upgraded to 1.5m last week (and also signed up for their free international dialup access 20 hours/month), and still HAPPY!

Well, hi-speed cable was too tempting for me. I cancelled my AT&T service in favor of Comcast HSI. I was extremely happy with AT&T, but wanted the 3000/256 speeds Comcast offers. So long AT&T, you were great, wish you had speed packages like cable, if you ever do , I would switch back in a heartbeat!

Comments:

Review by bennaim See Profile

• Location: Los Alamos,Los Alamos,NM
  • Telco party Qwest
  • CLEC party: Covad
Good "easy installation, reliable"
Overall "recommended"

So far so good. Installation has been very easy. Connection has been reliable. No problems to report.

• Location: Oak Park,Cook,IL
  • Telco party Ameritech
Good "hmmm....."
Bad "AT&T ADSL thank goodness they put us out of our misery"
Overall "DSL.net has been awesome for us..."

We started a web based business in Spring of 2002. Our
original ADSL was through AT&T in April of 2002. We had down time in May,
twice in June, 8 days in July, 10 days in August.

I was familiar with DSL.net from my previous employer.

We called, got immediate response from our sales rep.
Signed up for DSL service.

Got e-mail notification of installation with a phone
call for follow up and have been as happy as can be
ever since.

Great, reliable service. In the past year, we had one
"burp" in service for about a hour on one day. I
contacted C/S and we were up within 60 seconds.

(review was emailed from domain urbanhop.com)

Comments:

Review by mosgtwin

• Location: Saint Petersburg,Pinellas,FL
Good "yes"

I am served through AT&T ISP. What is my protection.

(review was emailed from domain worldnet.att.net)

Comments:

Review by ArgyleDSL See Profile

• Location: Fresh Meadows,Queens,NY
Good "Quick Activation and delivery/Great speeds"
Bad "Flaky installation software"
Overall "Awesome! I had DSL......no mas"

I recieved a postcard in the mail from AT&T offering DSL service to AT&T customers.

I called on June 27 and signed up. On July 1, I recieved my self-installation kit. (They emailed me that morning stating I would get it that day via UPS.) On July 2, I recieved email that I was activated. I installed the Speedstream ASDL modem and then started the software installation. The first time after it asked me to reboot, it wouldn't recognize the installation cd in the drive. However, the second time it went perfectly. Connection made and off I went on the web!

I tested the speeds and i get ranges of 672/343 - 612/303. It was advertised as 768/384, but as a long time dial-up user, I didn't care. So far, there haven't been any hiccups in the service yet.

I signed up for dsl 2 years ago with earthlink, but was told (after two attempts to get it) that my line is not dsl capable. (my CO is 4250 feet away) I am thrilled that I finally got broadband.

June 16 2003

I no longer have DSL. AT&T sent me a Fed-Ex stating that on June 16, it will no longer provide dsl to my area. They sent me a check as well to compensate for any inconvenience.

Verizon doesnt provide DSL either, so I am back to dial up

member for 11.8 years, 4569 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by jmdomini See Profile

• Location: La Grange Park,Cook,IL
  • Telco party Ameritech
  • CLEC party: Covad
Good "Quick No Hassle Install, No PPPoE"
Bad "No Newsgroup Access"
Overall "Overall Good Service"

Placed my order with AT&T on 4/22/03 and by the next day the placed the order to provision my line with SBC who set a due date of 4/30/03. Line provisioning was complete on 4/29/03 one day early. Ordered 1500/384 service and speed is as expected. No pesky PPPoE or MTU reductions necessary unlike my SBC DSL. Overall so far I'm pretty impressed with AT&T.

Comments:

Review by weiyin See Profile

• Location: Fresh Meadows,Queens,NY
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Good upload speed, great news server, cheapest broadband in my area."
Bad "Lack of information after ordering, mediocre download."
Overall "Good value."

I chose At&t because they were offering 768/384 DSL for $40 a month for a year. Waited two and a half weeks after ordering, and when I called At&t for a status update, they said my line was already activated. But they hadn't even mailed the DSL modem yet! Numerous phone calls later, they discovered that mistake and mailed the modem. Installation was painless. They included 6 microfilters and 1 NIC, even though I didn't need one. The DSL modem has an Ethernet connection, and seems pretty rugged.

Overall, very satisfied with the connection. The connection is via dynamic IP, but it hasn't changed at all in 3 months. I was pleasantly surprised, since I wouldn't have to install PPPoE client software onto my computer. The upload speed is great, but I would like a faster download than the 650kbps I'm getting from the speed test. Their network seems a little flaky sometimes; twice in the last 3 months my connection was down for no more than 24 hours each. Wait time for technical support averaged 15 minutes.

Mail and News servers are excellent, especially the high completion and retention rates their news servers have.

For $40 a month, this was a great deal. I would have chosen cable, but Optimum Online is not avaliable in my area, and Roadrunner is too expensive for non-cable subscribers.

member for 11.4 years, 2058 visits, last login: 1.1 years ago

• Location: Aurora,Arapahoe,CO

I struggled with Covad for three months, DSL. My line and low noise
figures. Like other reviews I've read on Covad, install was easy, but
speed reliability was very poor. Finally fed up after many hours on the
phone with support I called AT&T broadband. A tech. was at my location
for install and it was up and running in LESS than 24 hours. Speed is
consistent and above what they claim. 1784 Kbs down 256 Kbs up and less
expensive than Covad.

Mike Morrissey
Aurora CO 80012

(review was emailed from domain amikemorrisseyproduction.com)

Comments:

Review by mdobin See Profile

• Location: Jupiter,Palm Beach,FL
  • Telco party BellSouth
Good "price"
Bad "dynamic IP, lousy Customer Service, uncooperative disconnection policy"
Overall "Never again. These guys don't have a clue. I should have known better."

When I tried to switch from ATT to Covad, which supplied the ATT circuit, ATT refused to release the circuit to Covad. This then meant a lengthy disconnect period followed by a new install period. ATT doesn't care about its customers and its customer service was terrible. Unless you're desperate, I would avoid them. Go straight to Covad, the people were competent and much nicer.

Ordered speed 608/128. Dynamic IP. Lousy order status feedback