Rogers Hi-Speed page on DSLReports

Review by claytonbar See Profile

• Location: Sparta,ON
Good "excellant"

I ordered 50.0 download and 2.0 upload, have an smc high speed modem wireless router,orered over the phone and completed over the phone. I was very pleased with the girl on the phone as she seemed very savey on the service and options. The price for the service is $99.99 per month for 175 Gb of service and $7.50 per month to rent router plus taxes of coarce totalling $121.46, I have 5 computers hooked to the service and Rogers online protection as well included I'm very pleased so far.Thanks for reading Jim

Comments:

Review by canDarian See Profile

• Location: Waterloo,ON
Good "Fastest most reliable in Canada."
Bad "Most expensive terrible reps"
Overall "if you got the money Rogers is where you should be."

I like Rogers for their speed other then that I hate them lol,they have some of the worst customer service ever and I been dealing with them for around 20 years and its actually much worse now.

As for the service it's expensive but fast and stable,if you use torrents it's iffy as whether your area will be throttled.

I use Giganews service and pay 25$ for that and I have express and I pay the 50$ overage which works out to like $131.35 with tax for unlimited un throttled internet with this setup I can easily do multi TB downloads per month.

Comments:

Review by ohzopants See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "I get the speed I pay for consistently"
Bad "Upload and caps are low, throttling is annoying"
Overall "The internet service itself is fantastic, the service conditions are not so good"

·TekSavvy Cable
The best I can get from DSL at my home is just under 2 Mb/s so I decided to give Rogers a go. I chose to buy my modem upfront and not to sign a contract, so I can't attest to anything that comes along with that. The installation was on-time and simple. I was up and running when they promised I would be.

Since then (~1 year now) I have consistently gotten the speed I pay for (10/1). In fact, I have not had any service outages that I noticed. Bittorrent is throttled on both the upload and download (despite what is claimed on their website). I do not check my pings very often, but when I do they are always fine.

I hate to say it, but for my situation Rogers cable is "the fastest and most reliable network".

I've left out any tech support rating since I have yet to need them for anything.

member for 6.1 years, 1068 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by lifeinthewoods See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Good Pings, Always up"
Bad "Caps, Caps, Caps"
Overall "I will be moving to an ISP that does not sell other media, ASAP"

I've used Rogers "Hi-Speed Extreme" for ~5 years now.

The connection is good, always up and low pings.

Unfortunately, the caps are too restrictive and the pricing is always going up (more money for less service)

I do not consider myself a heavy down loader. Which is to say, that I enjoy 3 or 4 movies a month and some games through Steam. That is enough to push through my cap and be charged $1.50 per GB. I feel that $71.18 a month is more then enough money to be allowed to connect to the internet for my modest usage.

The worst part I find is the obnoxious banner they insert into any browser that tells me that I've gone over and will be charged. There was no banner telling me I was close, just one that says I owe them even more money.

I will be switching to either tech savvy or montreal dsl when it's available at the end of Feb.

Comments:

Review by BigSensFan See Profile

• Location: Whitby,ON
Good "Reliable Service & good speeds"
Bad "Throttled and Expensive"
Overall "There are cheaper alternatives out there, with better pricing"

Have this service bundled with phone and cell..get a 20% discount because of this. If I didn't I would find a cheaper alternative

member for 10.9 years, 6431 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by beambud See Profile

• Location: Woodstock,ON
Good "Consistent"
Bad "25 Gb Cap"
Overall "Acceptable"

Hi Speed Lite. Reasonable download speeds. Slow upload speeds. Normally operational except unannounced recent work done by Rogers in the neighborhood. Far better that dial-up! Rogers installation service was competent. Using their SMC modem @ $4.50/mon. + taxes. Overall good experience.

Comments:

Review by mulambo187 See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Speed Test results"
Bad "I get dialup speeds on P2P, monthly fees from 12 month agreement are not in line with actual monthly cost."
Overall "Stay away, Rogers is far too cavalier with their customers."

I have been betrayed by helpful CSR who signed me up for 12 months. Taunted by the next CSR and threatened with an extortionate cancellation fee when I wanted to cancel after being victim to a bait and switched 12 month agreement.

Rogers is half decent for surfing the web and such, but nothing special, compared to the alternatives out there. Gaming latency is OK, but P2P file transfers are absolutely horrible. I am not new to this, and I know it is rogers tampering with my connections. The only reason I came to Rogers in the first place was because I was offered a very sweet price, too bad it turned out to be their most basic basic plan after I got the bill, and not what was offered over the phone to me. (10mbps connection, 95GB cap, ended up with 3mbps/25GB cap).

It's averaging $150 a month for Phone/TV/Internet. This company is completely ripping me off. If your on this site, I urge you to look anywhere else before settling with Rogers, or Bell for that matter. Good Luck, and BEWARE!!!

Comments:

Review by a_large_rock See Profile

• Location: Markham,ON
Good "Email seems to be reliable; connection is almost always on."
Bad "Horrible tech support, slow speeds, speed throttling, bandwidth cap, clost"
Overall "Expensive, VERY slow 4pm to midnight; Phone support is a joke"

·Start Communicat..
Web site is down often, can't login. Tech Support staff bounce you around from person to person without trying to address issues/problems. Tech Support seem to be confused; each staff member contradicts the previous one. Email seems to be reliable; connection is on, but throttled. The service isn’t as fast as advertised. P2P/Bittorent is throttled even though BitTorrent is one of the advertised uses of the service. Throttling disconnects applications such as World of Warcraft. Throttles downloads while saying they do not. The service has a very small bandwidth cap, and planned (implemented) fees for going over cap are insanely high. ISP’s site for monitoring bandwidth usage rarely works.

Comments:

Review by naturr See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Generally works"
Bad "Never at the speed billed, low cap rates, horrible service, extra charges"
Overall "Terrible thankfully their is Teksavvy"

I have never met a person that likes Rogers or has a nice thing to say about them and for good reason. Finally the Duopoly has been broken and TekkSavvy and other companies can offer Cable and DSL to customers and provide real service. I swapped two weeks ago as soon as I found out and glad I did. Cheaper, faster and better.

Comments:

Review by dollarbook See Profile

• Location: Selkirk,MB
Good "technology has room over this promotion/courts will admire strong influences to ensure"
Bad "advertising to consumers at the hieght of digital expulsions seemed to good to be a real deal"

Basically when a consumer decides to take interest on telecommunications and enterprises that fit long term finacial profit margin gains in the eletronic industry, it spells releief to who can adjust to maladjusted ad service to say what all one wants is margin gain by better influences? Nah, maybe, the crtc is flamboyant to address the strong, the bold and the reliable view of bold, but again too beware, all papers that broadcast simple to fast is less addressed to give more when really created before there time.

What it is said The Movie franchises is well ahead now, faster than roger's faster than bell its self and yet blind to owner ships on ceo directtion stumbles?

Here here, i'll show numbers that ring stable comfort setting rather than risk a consumer in hieghtened times of finacial ups and downs, to this the profits loss and gain projects are not really a cause but at consumers risk to sign with a company with strategic power plays of the strog, mind you not really bold enough, So when consumers want better, and demographically knowning dollars can give a company statgegic ways to ensure all loss even at fail to keep sign up in contracts, will most likey be the failer of many that try old school gain by loss with pay any ways events, So in my view hi speed events too soon? Cable guys waiting to here what they can offer as well, and yet again who is the big cheese that can privalty deploy communication signals with regulations other than there own made into force policies? Hmm Hmm, some one with more outside flair, some who gives less to squabble about by having more than one cable line, yet all? Hmm hmm not the french news papers either, once there news items are tired and bored they too tend to recieve the pinch, yes even in economic times too, papers can feel worse if it is not cafully thought out right, but adlib or mime art worked well in other regions? any ways, A rate on rogers? too much to go through, simple baby, keep it simple, the kids we make in the world today may not fit into seperated margins of perfected ingenius stats at harvard let alone golf reviews for the army. Have a nice day