Rogers Hi-Speed page on DSLReports

Review by preetham0000 See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "Wicked download speed i get at like 230 kB/sec.....and i have a consistent connection"
Bad "well upload speed is too low...44 kB/sec..."
Overall "Rogers is the best..if u live in toronto rogers is the best choice......others have many tech probs"
(ratings well above consensus)

After using 3 years of dial up. I switched to rogers and it is great. People often complain about connection problems and not good tech support. I never faced any of those problems yet. If u have connection problems then it is ur location not becaz of rogers caz i know this form my friends experience. As for tech support ya sometimes i heard they can be sloppy..but i wont say anytin abt this caz i never needed any( hope i wont in the future). The new offer is really good and i am makin full use of it. About upload speed that is the only thing i hate.....IT STINKS..44 kB/sec wat?? i upload abt like 2 gigs a day..so upload speed is not satisfactory to me.....anyway thats abt rogers.......................now dslreports.com is cool website for info and tests.....thanz

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comments:

Review by MaxBuF See Profile

• Location: Moncton,NB
Good "Speed, Stability.... awesome connection"
Bad "Tech Support"
Overall "If your in New Brunswick, Rogers is your best choice."
(ratings well above consensus)

After being a NBTEL Vibe customer for 18 months, I decided to switch to Rogers (who were just starting to offer cable internet here in New Brunswick) because of the reliability and the speed of Vibe which is slow. I got this deal that the connection is 20$ per month for 6 month (120$ credit) which was a better price than 42.95 for Vibe. The tech people came and hook me up, it took about 25 min to make it work since they didn't have a guide for Windows XP. When they left, I went to test it here on the west coast server and I was amazed, 1700 down/340 up, I never went that high with Vibe who the highest was 500/400. it's been about a month and it didn't went down once so the reliability is great.I don't know if it's gonna be like this forever but we'll have to see

If your in New Brunswick, IF rogers is available take it unless your vibe is good which I doubt mostly.

member for 12.8 years, 13 visits, last login: 12.8 years ago

Comments:

Review by dslisdead See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "i feel sorry for AOL users who pay 2 times less but get 50 times less"
Bad "DNS servers sometimes suck / no static IP"
Overall "well spent $40"

the service's been good since the begining (7 months). all is installed for free and u don't pay for the first month (that might've changed since). the down part was when the installation guy came over with his girlfriend and installed everything whithout asking a single question about my prefferences. when i said that i have a NIC in the PC, the guy decided to keep the NIC that he was supposed to give me anyway according to the agreement (i wander if he toke it back to the office). also when a have questions and try to call tech support, it takes almost 1h and i usually give up (it's about the same with all of the providers i've seen). another problem is my DNS. it's rather slow but the ppl in tech sup don't seem warried. i'd appreciate if anyone could give me a fast DNS for toronto area.

member for 13.3 years, 18 visits, last login: 11.2 years ago

Comments:

• Location: New York,New York,NY

In a word the service is POOR. I recently waited for a new modem for
over 10 days; I finally went and got it and installed it myself!! As of
late the connectivity issue has been not to bad, but in the recent past
I was getting "Bounced" off line quite regularly. I have NEVER seen
download speeds as mentioned in here!!?? A DL speed of 60 to 80 BPS is
normal for me. If I had an option in my area I opt for it in a
heartbeat. Cheers terry J. Lynch , Dartmouth Nova Scotia

member for 44.9 years, visits, last login: 44.9 years ago

Comments:

Review by amanbirdi See Profile

• Location: Toronto, ON
Good "always gives consistent download\upload speeds. always around 2000kbps (download) and 375kbps (upload)"
Bad "at times maybe once or twice a day i lose the connection but not for long probably around 2-3 min"
Overall "Its better than having a dial up connection."

Rogers@Home kinda rocks.

member for 12.9 years, 142 visits, last login: 11.8 years ago

Comments:

Review by Spazmogen See Profile

• Location: Woodstock,ON
Good "Mail and News Worked OK."
Bad "34 modem resets in 3 weeks ! Not a stable service. Poor tech support"
Overall "Debating between Rogers & Sympatico? Get Sympatico."

Very poor quality over all.

Comments:

Review by lewislewis See Profile

• Location: uk
Good "LOw cost for six months, better than previous adsl"
Bad "Minor, Rogers is changing from excite@home to rogers@home with minor problems"
Overall "Truely hi speed, better than adsl and good good value"
(ratings well above consensus)

Due to rogers changing their business there are understanable delays in their help line, but they should get more helpers. That's what help means.

Comments:

Review by firecat39 See Profile

• Location: N2L1W
Good "Very fast, connection really good"
Bad "Wasn't told pre-install that permission from landlord was required"
Overall "very very happy"

Haven't had any problems so far, and the connection is fast. Installation was a hassle due to Roger's not informing me that permission was required from the landlord before install, which was a hassle. I don't use Roger's email or net services, so rating on those probably isn't accurate. I haven't had to call tech support (cross fingers), so rating there is also probably inaccurate. Overall, very happy with the service.

Over the month we've had it, we had one service outage, but it was a problem with all cable in our neighbourhood, and it was fixed within 2 hours.

Comments:

Review by gemino See Profile

• Location: Hamilton,ON
Good "The easiest of all to install and get working right off the bat."
Bad "Very bad backbone used, getting scanned by old virus machines every second."
Overall "I switched to xDSL just like that :)"

It was the greatest thing the first time I ordered and had it installed. Much faster than the 56k modem I'd been using for quite some time. Web surfing, emails and news all worked as expected with minimal problems. There are a few downtimes, but limited to about once every 3 months. The IP gets changed about twice a year.

THEN came the CodeRed, then came the problems. @Home was hit bad and Rogers@Home can't handle all the infected machine on their network. They have machines that scaned the network so bad that the routers got brought down.

I live in the Richmond Hill area in Ontario (less than half an hour drive from downtown TO on DVP/404), and the network over here was so bad, I got disconnected from the web altogether at least twice a day. It is crazy to have such a big company that cannot fix a common problem that's almost six months old. Others trying to blame it on something else, saying it cannot all be @Home, but I had it with them and switch to Bell Sympatico.

The disconnection of @Home was quick, but the weirdest thing they will asked. I already told them I wanted to cancel my Rogers@Home connection, they had this idea that people would want to cancel the TV cable as well? Plus, they said they had to come and disconnect the extra cable line that was installed when I order the @Home crap, else I'll have to pay an extra $60/month fee!! HELLO!! That was part of the FREE installation they advertise when I order @Home, if that installation was conditioned in anyway, and have me paying a fee at the time of cancellation, then it ain't FREE at all!!!!

Comments:

Review by sebzag See Profile

• Location: London,ON
Good "Really fast, quite reliable, still supports static IP"
Bad "Connection goes down sometimes every few months"
Overall "Probably the best cable modem service in Ontario"
(ratings well above consensus)

Rogers@Home cable modem service is very good in the long run. Though they had many problems long ago, the service has shaped up quite nicely.