Radiant Communications Corp. page on DSLReports

Review by dgass See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Good "Great Latency, and Great stability, Love the symetrical speeds."
Bad "Had to work with Bell to get the install completed, now it's in, its great"
Overall "Radiant offers a great service and is great company to deal with."

·TekSavvy DSL
·Rogers Hi-Speed
Working with Radiant to get the Fiber E10 install here at our business has been a pleasure overall. The only downside was that we had to rely on Bell for some of the install work.

Now that it's up and running I can't say enough how much it's superior to deal with Radiant for support either technical or billing support.

Plus the symmetrical DL/UL is exactly what we needed here.

We considered the E100 Burstable but at roughly $600 more per month over our Dedicated E10 service, didn't make sense for us at this time.

Overall we are pleased with the service and the support along the way. Again other than the Bell involvement it's been great.

Comments:

Review by Cronin2 See Profile

• Location: Coquitlam,BC
Good "I wish I had one"
Bad "They just do not care"
Overall "You can find more reliable and cheaper service"

I had been with Radiant for 4 years before I got fed up with all the problems and decided to switch providers. I signed up in 2000 for $65/month with free rental modem (with $300 deposit). Next year I received a letter from them stating that from now on I had to pay $99/month or sign 1 or 2 year contract to retain $65/month rate. In any case I had to buy their “free rental” modem using my $300 deposit. I wish I had quit at that time but probably I was too lazy to look for an alternative. The Internet access was satisfactory for non-commercial use with a couple of hours average down time each week. The real problems started when (about 3 months ago) I noticed that they were actually withdrawing about $100 from my credit card each month. It turned out that the extra charge was for the over limit traffic. One fine day when I even did not turn my computer on they posted 1.4G figure to my account. And when I called them they just said that they checked and all the figures were OK. How did they know? Because nobody else complained. The next day I found out that they corrected their traffic postings and the ridiculous figure was split equally between the three previous days (still 460M a day! – and I do not download the movies). After that incident their new figures had become more moderate though still about 50% higher than my own traffic meter showed. And when I finally decided to quit they withdrew additional 3 month pay ($195) from my credit card. Their explanation – early cancellation fee (for the 1 year contract that I signed 3 years ago). Here is my advice to their customers: if you are signing 1 or 2 year contract with them be aware that in fact you are signing no expiration date contract since it will renew automatically with “early cancellation fee” still in effect. During those many phone conversations with their technical support I have not got a single bit of useful information. Their phone line is very difficult to get through. Their answering machine lies something about “all our representatives are busy” making you lose time on the phone while in fact (as I found out from some kind of receptionist) they are all gone for the day. And they never return calls left on their voice mail. That was my experience with Radiant Communications.

Now it has been a month since I finally got rid of them. There was not a single hour of down time with the new provider and it is 2.5 times cheaper.

member for 10 years, 0 visits, last login: 10 years ago

Comments:

Review by RyanWirth See Profile

• Location: Vancouver,BC
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Tech support is kind and prompt"
Bad "Line has been flaky, at least 3 drops a day, although quick drops."
Overall "Cheaper than telus, but with telus type support."

The net will drop about three times a day, just quick drops that will reset the MSN Messenger status, and stop some pages from loading during the brief 10 second flake out. The problem was worse until an extra 250 feet on line was taken off of our "grid" by the TELCO, now they are investigating voltage on the line. We are on the outskirts of the service, and techsupport has been great at solving these odd issues. Just moved up to the 2.5 mbs line, with 10 gig traffic for 99 bucks on 24 month contract. Static IP ...