Argon Technologies Inc. page on DSLReports

Review by Barryac See Profile

• Location: Royse City,Rockwall,TX
Good "good for the price"
Bad "goes out some time but only for a short period "
Overall "good for the money, for my area we do not have a lot of choice "

·Cool Access
Very happy with Argon Technologies, compared to my old IP,,the price is reasonable and the service is much more dependable than my last IP (cool access). Unlimited data and getting what I paid for. Again unlike cool access I pay for 1 mps and that is what I get, cool access paid for 2.5 luck if I got .50. I highly recommend Argon Technologies. Install went off with out a hitch and the few times I had problems there was always some one there to help.

member for 1 year, 0 visits, last login: 184 days ago

Comments:

Review by bmartus See Profile

• Location: Greenville,Hunt,TX
Good "Great customer service, fast install, worked with us for our custom situation."
Bad "None."
Overall "Good value for fast, reliable speed."

Because of where we are located, our office has limited options for Internet service. We were too far outside the city limits and unable to get a reliable high-speed option at a decent price. Argon Technologies worked with us to provide a fast and reliable solution. We haven't had any outages and Argon Technologies has worked with us quickly whenever we had any questions or needed anything updated with our service.

Comments:

Review by aerohead See Profile

• Location: Greenville,Hunt,TX
Good "Prompt Reaction and Resolution of Problems, Constantly improving capability and reliability of service."
Bad "Technical Service on afer hours and on Weekends not available until recently."
Overall "Good Relable Service"

I have been using Argontech as my means of accessing the Internet for a good number of years, from the lowest to highest speed dial-up, to their entry into the broadband world of internet service. One of their primary assets is their ability to provide their users with a reasonably wide offering of performance capability vs. cost based on the users requirements. I have considered other broadband providers some not chosen due to their availability in rural areas, others not chosen simply because their service was either higher in cost, did not provide variety of cost options, or their cost difference was not significant enough to go through all of the steps required of changing ISPs.

Comments:

Review by thebutlers See Profile

• Location: Quinlan,Hunt,TX
Good "really up front with us for the work to be done"
Bad "they cleaned up any that was in place by other people"
Overall "they are the best"

knowing all of the people that work there they have a very good support team.
they know their work and are friendly and very good with people. they listen and
put up with a lot of neg, people wanting something for nothing.

been with them for quite awhile and transfered from dial up to wireless and enjoy the
freedom we have with using our phones.

Comments:

Review by youandme See Profile

• Location: Greenville,Hunt,TX
Good "This is a very reliable service with great customer service"
Bad "N/A"
Overall "well worth the money and has a stable connection"

I have been With This Company for about 2 yrs. and have had only minor issues mostly on my part. The service has been exceptional with great tech support and a friendly staff that is helpful in getting things resolved.

Comments:

Review by garychappell See Profile

• Location: Cumby,Hopkins,TX
Good "Reliable Connectivity, Great Speeds, Responsive Customer Service"
Bad "Can't really think of any"
Overall "I'm a very happy customer!"

I ordered the Phantom Wave 64x 2000k Down / 512k Up Residential Package. I usually get 2000k Down & Up. This is a PPPoE connection. $199.95 initial setup fee and $74.95 per month with a 12 month contract.

I live in a heavily treed area which meant that they had to install a 50' tower on top of my house, and although my neighbors may be wondering what in the world I'm up to, I am happy to say that my wireless connectivity is just as fast and reliable as the DSL I had at my old house.

I am a home-based employee. To be more precise, I am a computer programmer for a travel technology company. I design, develop, and support applications for many of the world's largest and smallest airlines. I connect to customer networks via VPN to support systems installed on their network. When I'm not on a customer's network, I'm VPN'd into my corporate network. I generally work 7a to 5p Monday - Friday, but I'm "on call" 24 x 7. So my VPN connection is left on pretty much all of the time.

I also spend a lot of time on the phone and decided to use Vonage for my phone service to keep my long distance expenses to a minimum. If you're not familiar with Vonage, it's an Internet phone service. So rather than DSL over a land line, I now have a Wireless Internet connection with my phone service running over that.

So I have no wires running to my home except for electricity. I also get a fixed cost for Internet and phone service with unlimited long distance (even including a few countries outside the US).

I do everything from your basic email & IM to remote desktop control via VNC, Remotely Possible, pcAnywhere, & Terminal Services to FTP and telnet to Internet and Intranet surfing including WebEx conferences with desktop sharing all while connected to my corporate network via VPN. Oh yeah, I usually also have a radio station that I really like, but can't pick up here, streaming over this connection as well. All this while on the phone via Vonage as well. Also, between my corporate network and my customers' networks, I've used both Nortel Contivity VPN and Cisco VPN successfully.

Then there's my wife with her laptop doing basic email, Internet surfing, streaming audio and TV shows, etc at the same time I'm working.

When it was first installed, my Internet connection checked out just fine and I did a quick check of my VPN connection which worked fine so the installers headed on to their next job for the day. Unfortunately, I later discovered that I did have an issue with my VPN connection being dropped very frequently (i.e., sometimes up to 4 times per hour). However, I worked with the folks at Argon and after a bit of troubleshooting, they ultimately figured out that I needed a larger dish due to the thick cover of trees between me and the tower. Since they came out and put up the larger dish, things have been great. Sure, I occasionally loose connectivity (probably because of all the trees between me and the tower), but like I said, it's occasional and this is coming from someone who uses VPN 24 x 7. With VPN, if there's the slightest blip in the connectivity, the VPN connection is lost. So I am very much aware of how frequently I loose connectivity, and it's not enough to cause me any heartburn.

All in all, I'm a very happy customer!

Gary

Comments:

Review by surflikeme See Profile

• Location: Cumby,Hopkins,TX
Good "Can get almost any one service in the sticks especially"
Bad "I dont realy have one"
Overall "one happy customer"

The install crews did much more professional install than a few of my friends have with other ISP's.The service is at the best it's ever been you really get your moneys worth. I signed up for the 500/k down and 128/k up I constantly get at least 2x that! If you have a home or a business i would give these guys a call ****

Comments:

Review by gamemaster96 See Profile

• Location: Greenville,Hunt,TX
Good "Rock solid service faster than my cable internet connection"
Bad "Customer Service is 9-5:30"
Overall "These guys rock. Super Fast service and good support."

We contacted Argon Technologies Phantom Wave Broadband and got hooked up in 3 days. Their install fee was much lower than any competitor in our area after you add in the extras that are included with Phantom Wave.

The installation crew was very professional and did a great job!

We have the 1 meg account and regularly burst to 6! Ping times stay around 48ms from coast to coast.

Nothing but good here!