Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

Cox HSI page on DSLReports

Review by debbieandjon See Profile

• Location: Laguna Niguel,Orange,CA
Good "Download Speed"
Bad "Dollar Value, upload only 5 megabit per second"
Overall "The only high speed provider available in the area."

75.80.242.x wrote: BS

Poor value. Cox is the only high speed provider here.

»/im/10 ··· 8820.png

Comments:

IESee

@75.80.242.x

HHMMM133;.

So, let me guess… We will most likely get another post next November when your promo rolls off huh? Over the 11 1/2 years of your post, you've had a few rate increases… WHICH EVERY COMPANY HAS DONE… Do you complain about the prices on restaurant/Fast food blogs because the Big Mac/Whopper are no longer .99 cents? From 1mbps - 50mbps and your rates went up.. How dare they.

mediocrecox

@68.4.214.x

2 recommendations

Re: HHMMM133;.

It is certainly time to complain when those rate increases come faster than competitors and are accompanied with caps that do not increase along with the prices. It is also time to complain when you are always the last market to get upgrades and continually pay the same prices for speeds far below other Cox markets.

It is not about price increases, it comes to where Cox is compared to their industry peers and in that Cox is lacking. Just today I finally gave up after 35 minutes on hold for a tv tech support issue. I have been trying to get through to Cox for 3 days only to be compelled to rot on hold far longer than I have time for. Tried the online chat to the same result...completely abandoned after the introductions.

It may be hard for you to contemplate but as an ARPU customer running $335 per month, I expect better as, GASP, do some others.
nmlobo

join:2002-11-02
Yorktown, VA

1 recommendation

Re: HHMMM133;.

In your title you wrote that Cox has a local monopoly - - if so, then what competitors are you talking about in your comments? They cannot be a monopoly if they have competitors. BTW, I thought this was an HSI (High Speed Internet) forum. Wouldn't your comments on television support be better addressed in a cable television forum?

Re: HHMMM133;.

There aren't any competitors at this location that offer 5+ mbps high speed. Fiber is not available. DSL connections do not offer more than 3 - 5 mbps.

Television support was never mentioned.

Competitors = AT&T

TV was mention by @68.4.214.x

Review by nmlobo See Profile

• Location: Yorktown,York,VA
Good "In line with the other local service"

More than ten years with Cox. They are not a monopoly in our area - FIOS is available. Cox service is excellent, internet and television. The few problems I have experienced over the years were corrected within a timely manner. When another contractor accidently cut the line leading to my house, Cox repaired the line the same day. Speed is consistant. I have no reason to change.

member for 12.4 years, 2787 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by brad152 See Profile

• Location: Phoenix,Maricopa,AZ
Good "Decent Speed, Price is OK bundled"
Bad "Ports blocked, annoying for a house with two programmers"

We picked up the 150/20 package because two of us being programmers in the house we were killing the 40/5 connection provided by CenturyLink (if they'd let me do 80/10 bonded I would have stayed with them, as my line wouldn't do 40Mbps upload bonded - but could sustain 15-20Mbps no problem)

So we had it installed and have discovered port 80 blocked, we have worked around it by using port 8080 but it's still annoying having to work around something that should just work considering the price we are paying, it's also annoying they do not have static IP on residential accounts (CenturyLink gladly sold us one), but we got around that by using DynDNS with a custom domain.

Usually, the speedtests usually show about ~190Mbps even during peak times/25Mbps upload due to the powerboost, so the speed is decent.

Overall if you're okay with blocked ports and tech support that does not know anything about how cable internet actually works Cox is a decent ISP.

member for 8.7 years, 1163 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
·Vonage

Cox business account

You can get what you want with Cox if you go with a business account..

»www.cox.com/business/home.cox

1433 TCP MS-SQL Inbound Worms, Trojans
1434 UDP MS-SQL Inbound Worms, SQLslammer
1900 UDP MS-DS / NetBios Both Worms, Network Neighborhood

Re: Cox business account

Did you not read the full review? They're only willing to offer 25/5 for $174 a month WITH a contract. I will just keep my $20 CenturyLink 40/5 connection for that purpose as stated in the review
sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
·Vonage

Re: Cox business account

I pretty much stopped reading when I saw someone complaining about port 80 being blocked on a residential account. Of coursed it's blocked..

You would of known that if you read »www.cox.com/residential/ ··· 00000000

Re: Cox business account

Considering Cox is the only ISP i've had that does this it's annoying considering what they charge for the service.

I have swapped my old cat3 cable for cat5 inside and am now able to do 80/40 on a CenturyLink residential account, so they've won my business over Cox - and the nice thing is it's one third cheaper and more reliable (cox tends to have issues during peak times - not to mention their contour is garbage)

Review by bokamba See Profile

• Location: Falls Church,Fairfax,VA
Good "Connection is generally stable, installation was quick"
Bad "Too expensive, returning rented modem was inconvenient"
Overall "Not terrible, but not a great value"

Update, 4/2/15: The latest speed test indicates we are getting speeds that are approximately as advertised. However, the monthly service fee has been increased 10%, so it's an even worse value. Also, last night we suffered an outage--happily, in the morning things were back to normal.

Update, 1/11/15: After getting a new wireless router, I can now state with confidence that we're not getting the 50 Mbps we are paying for (tests consistently land at around 35 Mbps or lower). Disappointing!

Update, 9/29/14: The $30/month promotion mentioned below expired after one year. Since then, the download speed has been raised to 50 Mbps (though I am not sure my connection is actually that fast, I'm getting at least 20 Mbps). The "standard" price for my Internet-only service is now $60/month, but I called and threatened to cancel, and got it lowered to $42/month for the next 12 months. Other than that, everything in the original review remains true.

Original review from 2013: Cox offers residents of my apartment complex a $30/month Internet-only deal (15 Mbps down/5 up). I think it's a lower price than I'd otherwise get in this area. It's month-to-month, which I appreciate, since I didn't want to commit to a long-term contract.

Installation was quick and professional. I initially used the all-in-one modem-router-WAP provided by Cox, but decided to buy my own cable modem and save the $7/month modem rental (which is in addition to the monthly fee). Returning the rented modem was inconvenient because I had to return it to Cox's showroom, which was inconveniently located.

The connection is very stable and fast enough for my needs (Web, gaming, high-def online video). I haven't done thorough speed tests, though.

As with most ISPs, Cox's default DNS servers redirect mistyped URLs to pages of ads. But they also have normal DNS servers you can use.

Comments:

Anonguy

@cox.net

Do you have a Docsis 3 modem.

You need a Docsis modem to get 50mbps.

What model modem do you have?
Jonasjlp

join:2011-06-22
Downingtown, PA

Re: Do you have a Docsis 3 modem.

Do you have problems with wifi connectivity? I seem to have problems on all devices when i'm not within 20ft or if there is a wall in the way.

Review by WiseOldBear See Profile

• Location: Litchfield Park,Maricopa,AZ
Good "Speed"
Bad "Nothing really."
Overall "Well worth the monthly cost"

Updated March 27, 2015:

Still have Cox HSI along with HD video. Internet service continues to be dependable, fast and functional. I do chuckle at those who complain about the email from Cox Net. Anyone who stays with an ISP provided email system gets exactly what they deserve. There are so many choices both free and for low cost that tieing oneself to an ISP is ridiculous. Our move from Phoenix to Litchfield Park was smooth, but proved once again that 99% of Cox sub-contractors are marginally to totally incompetent. Also the stores continue to hand out defective hardware. I had to arrange a visit by an actual Cox technician to correct several small isues and bring me a functional STB. Now all is good. CenturyLink continues to offer shoddy, unreliable service on all fronts. However, if you want a telephone that works when the power is down, you are stuck with a POTS connection. We senior citizens like the security.

Updated January 30, 2013:

Cox HSI continues to be the best internet service in Phoenix. Now have the second highest level of speed and it generally gives very fast downloads if the supplying system is also fast. The stability has been outstanding with no service losses of note. Like all cable companies Cox continues to slide prices higher and higher. As long as I can afford them I will stay with them. However, if an equally fast and stable service were to become available at a significantly lower price, I might jump ship.

Updated March 17, 2011:

Cox continues to deliver fast dependable internet service in my central Phoenix location. I upgraded to a SB6120 modem and the results were well worth the $100. Speeds down and up are 2x what they were and I pay no additional costs. The four channel link is quite awesome.

Updated November 4, 2008:

Well I returned to Cox HSI after several years with Qwest DSL. So far the experience is meeting my expectations. Sign up was done on line and on the second go around, things worked out fine. The installer was an actual Cox employee (my wife believes they have my account flagged since I have given them so much grief over the years so they didn't want to send a sub-contractor whom I might fold, spindle and mutilate). The installer was very professional, listened to my desires/needs and executed them faultlessly. I had pre-purchased a new Surfboard 5101 and we connected it to a single computer. Connection occurred shortly after he input the MAC address and all works great.

While I signed up for the Preferred 9 down 1 up tier, my speeds have gone as high as 22 down and 3.5 up. Actual download speeds seem to max at 1400kbs for largish files. I have seen no degradation of connection speed during the late afternoon and evening hours. The tech said that we were probably on a new node since fiber had been installed to our townhouse complex earlier this year.

So so far it is great and costs only $3 more per month than my Qwest DSL that won't go above 3M down and 640k up in my lifetime despiye all their advertising. They don't want to replace old copper.

---------------------------------

Some reflections from a long time Cox HSI user and an occasional DSL user.

I have had Cox since they arrived in north central Phoenix quite a few years ago. First video and then HSI. I have retained it even after multiple frustrations and flirtations with DSL simply because of the speed. Last week I ordered the upgrade from the standard HSI to Premier. This experience has precipitated these comments. The online application, after receiving email, was quick and easily done. I must note however, that the way they phrase and state things I might have thought I was buying HSI for the first time. They confirmed that order would be processed with 2 days-it was since on the third day I received an email telling me that the order had been implemented. (Like the phone companies, Cox uses stilited, complex and generally imprecise written communications. Some one should teach them some style and clarity lessons.)

When I got home this past Monday, I excitedly booted up and ran some speed tests. SIIGGHH....it wasn't appreciately faster than before. I got on here and checked out forums and read about the disappoints of others. Yesterday I purchased a new SB5120 modem to bypass the Broadcom chip issue in my SB5100. No significant improvement. I get radically variable download speeds, on occasion as high as 8500 and as low as 1500. Generally it fluctuates bewteen 4000 and 6500. The upload speed is quite consisten at 1000.

Experiences yesterday and today with tech support have produced the usual desire to do bad things to their bodies. They are not terribly knowledgeable, some are inarticulate to a fault, and ALL are incapable of fixing anything (presume Tier 1). I continue to be frustrated by their simplistic demand to have PC connected directly to the modem. I have never found that this enabled them to really fix anything, and I do not like sitting "naked and exposed" on the net. (Interesting side note: config management page on the SB5120 found at 192.168.100.1 says that the modem can act as a DHCP server and handout addresses in that IP range.But it doesn't work as ipconfig /all shows that PC is picking up address etc from Cox DNS server. Too bad as that might be good solution for many users.)

I now have techie coming Friday afternoon. It will be interesting to see what she/he comes up with. As I did once before I can cancel the Premier service and go back. But I will end up staying with Cox for the speed. I had a very good experience with Qwest DSL and Qwest net for a year as I explored MS Small Business Service. I got 1.5 mbs down and 896 kbs up. Static IPs and tech support that new how to solve problems. If Qwest can ever get a 3-5mbs down and 1.5mbs up setup for a reasonable price I will be gone from Cox in a heart beat. At that point I also dump the video and buy a dish.

I hope this is of interest to some of you.

Updated on October 16, 2005

I have since gone to Qwest (published forum message) and am quite satisfied. Cox was never able to fix the problem with Premier service, and after admitting it was their problem faded into desert when the tech changed schedules. I first dropped Premier, and have since dropped Cox HSI.

I have Qwest Premier at 3 mb down and 640 up. After an intial problem that was fixed when an outside tech found physical problem with the underground cable, speed has been totally consistent. I had two or three contacts with Qwest tech support and all were professional and they followed through and got problems fixed. Cox never did this.

I have five static IP addresses and no blockage of ports so the two servers are able to function well and provide email and web pages. Interestingly, Cox has apparently started blocking all SMTP traffic that doesn't flow thru their servers. A friend who has a website and email on GoDaddy found last week that his outgoing email was completely blocked unless he used the Cox servers. Even the work around that GoDaddy had provided was non-functional.

Comments:

Review by stanley_qaz See Profile

• Location: Gilbert,Maricopa,AZ
Good "Fast, fairly reliable (except e-mail in and out) and Cox techs visit the forum here"
Bad "good mail blocked, outgoing server won't send all messages, some important ports blocked"
Overall "If you can live with having to go elsewhere to reliably get and send your mail it is not bad"

·HughesNet Satell..
March 2015 - the blocked incoming/outgoing e-mail issue is still here and still a problem.

Some ports are blocked so you can't connect to or from other computers on them. Really a pain for e-mail since the Cox mail server blocks good incoming mail and the server will reject (without notifying you) outgoing mail for no good reason and you have to use another mail service to send it.

I have spent hours on the phone and e-mailing Cox support and the bottom line is that the Cox servers won't send some e-mail messages and there is nothing they are willing to do about it. I'm not talking about spammy stuff but sending a friend a simple image often will not work. They offer a "thisisnotspam" address but sending to that has not unblocked sending the same message to another address. Update: This is an ongoing issue as of March 2012 and little has been done to improve the situation for a couple years now. I have to rely on Gmail's SMTP server to send messages. Update November, 2012: The random blocking of incoming and outgoing messages has improved some but it is still far from perfect. Update November 2013: Moved my mail to other services as the problem appears to be un-fixable. Update April 2014, had to send some mail using Cox servers and several were blocked, back to my alternate servers.

Cox is also blocking incoming mail based on URLs in the messages, the source of this blocking is suspect as it blocks legitimate messages. If you want to get your political e-mail do not trust Cox to accept it and if you want to send anything with political links check to be sure it was actually sent on to the addressees by Cox. Outgoing mail is deleted without notice so you have to BCC your Gmail or Yahoo account to see if it actually went out from the Cox servers. Seeing more reports of legitimate senders that can't send mail to Cox customers and can't get Cox to fix the problem.

member for 12 years, 4540 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
ArizonaSteve

Seriously?

Why are you trying to use their email anyway, use Gmail.

Re: Seriously?

Since I'm paying Cox for it having it actually work would be nice.

Don't like the scanning Gmail does for their targeted advertising so they aren't an option for me. Even for outgoing e-mail the Gmail SMTP server is much slower than the Cox one but at least it doesn't silently delete e-mails it does not approve of.

Re: Seriously?

Well, they all scan your email if they have spam filtering since that's how it works so it's a trade off. If you like lots of spam then opt for one with no scanning but I'd rather they filter all the annoying spam.
I doubt they are really doing anything to your email and since you seem to be about the only one having a problem is must just be you. That explains why they aren't interested in helping you but ISP's are not known for having reliable email so my advice would still be to use something else and not go through any of their servers so they can't mess with you.
On the other hand there are some things you can do to try and fix the problem or at least get around it. You may be having DNS problems so you should try using a different DNS server instead of the default one from COX. Try the Google one at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or Open DNS at 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. You can change it for everything on the router or individually on each PC one at a time. You can check how well it works by doing a Ping or Tracert to each address and see which one is the fastest. Try the COX ones first to use for comparison. To stop them from spying on anything you do and having any control over it at all you can use a VPN to encrypt everything you send and receive. I've found that CyberGhost works well from cyberghostvpn.com/en_us. It doesn't slow down everything and you can try it free and it allows you to log into the internet from a remote location such as New York or even somewhere in Europe if you need to do that.

Re: Seriously?

What an amazingly clueless post, please go bother someone else.

Re: Seriously?

I was just trying to help but if you want to continue to use it even though you don't like the way it works and are too stubborn to change then I guess you can't be helped.

Re: Seriously?

Yep, I'm stupid and stubborn you got me.

I can't believe that I'm so stupid that I didn't think changing my DNS servers was going to fix an internal problem with the Cox SMTP servers or your other wonderful suggestions.

Sorry I'm also to stubborn to sip from your apparently endless font of Internet wisdom and have wasted your valuable time while wallowing in my ignorance.

I will now slink away in shame at what an awful person I am.

Re: Seriously?

You are aware that being rude will get you nowhere around here, and also Cox scans your emails as well, how else do you think they know what to override that banner advertisement with?

if you're that scared of someone reading your email you need to just set up your own SMTP/POP server at home and host it yourself, and why anyone would use their ISP for email is just insane.

Re: Seriously?

What is it with you clueless CenturyLink folks? Are they paying you a bounty to comment on Cox Cable reviews with the dumbest thing you can think of to say?

It is painfully obvious you know nothing, possibly less than nothing if that is possible, about Cox Cable service. How can you live with the level of cluelessness shown by your comment about setting up a SMTP/POP server at home on a Cox Cable account?

I'd wish you good luck with winning whatever prize CenturyLink is offering for your trolling efforts but I really think Steve has a lock on it with his "change DNS servers" suggestion above. Sorry.

Maybe the two of you could get together and try to comprehend the difference in a service review (this thing you are looking at now) and a support forum like the one for Cox Cable here:

»Cox HSI

Why I'd even guess that if you looked there for posts I've made on the topics in this review you might discover something. No real reason for you to do that of course as you are both showing as CenturyLink customers.

There may even be a forum for CenturyLink where you could post stuff, at least wouldn't appear to have wandered in there in error.

said by stanley_qaz:

»Cox HSI

See, as if you do not know i'm currently using both. I have a 150/20 from Cox and a 40/5 line from CenturyLink for when Cox decides to have issues (and in my neighborhood around Biltmore it's quite often that Cox has node issues)

I have my own SMTP server set up and have been using it with both CenturyLink and Cox no problem, but I also have a dyndns account with my domain so that helps with Cox being dumb and blocking ports and not allowing me to pay for a StaticIP

So sir, i'd double check your info before you go bashing anyone

I'm an IT admin and my roomie is a programmer, and trust me if you really want to do something, there's generally a way to get it done

But hey with a nasty attitude like that, i'm sure you get all the help you'd ever need from anyone (if anyone can deal long enough)

Re: Seriously?

So you have your profile wrong for the ISP section here and you are blaming me for trusting you to have it right? OK. Somehow that seems to reinforce my feelings you are up to something other than trying to help me out here.

With that in mind I can appreciate your warning to double check what you say. I will certainly do that in the future. Please send me your Cox account number and PIN so I can call in to see if you actually have an account and of course update your profile here to be less misleading to others in the future.

I however am very impressed that you have a SMTP server running from a Cox account, unless of course it is a Cox Business account that doesn't block port 25. My poor feeble mind and limited computer skills (even help from my roomie) have prevented me from being able to get an SMTP server to connect to the other SMTP servers on the Internet that require the use of port 25 from my Cox account without that port open.

I'm very glad you are an IT admin, that definitive title really gives me great confidence in your skills and having a roomie that is a programmer of some sort really impresses me too.

Just for fun, I'm a retired university trained programmer in Assembler for multiple architectures, C, C++ and SQL. A classroom trained and certified Oracle programmer, DBA and Oracle's CASE tools developer. I still do some light coding these days for Linux and BSD as a hobby. Oh, not to leave out the roomie, also retired. IBM mainframe programmer, multiple Novell and Cisco certifications, ex-admin of two Class B networks.

Now doesn't all that impress you with me so much that you must accept every word I type as pure knowledge dispensed from the kindness of my heart to lesser mortals? Nope? Oh well, I tried.

Review by Metal Head See Profile

• Location: Escondido,San Diego,CA
Good "Great Speeds and Reliability"
Overall "Beats the hell out of DSL!"

Somehow when we placed our order online the Fast Connect Kit did not get shipped to us. We then called Cox a few days after our kit was to arrive and they said the kit would be here in a few days, but again the kit never arrived. So to make a long story short the kit finally arrives almost two weeks late.

I have only been using COX HSI since July 06, and so far I'm very satisfied with the service, the connection has been rock solid and with the upgrades we have been getting lately it's all that much better.

We had just migrated over from DSL, and with the distance from the CO., our fragile copper lines that could barley hold a 1.5/384 sync, I could not be any happier with Cox cable.

As for the service, we are on the preferred package 9/768 and are getting slightly above our advertised speeds.

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::
Download Connection is:: 11735 Kbps about 11.74 Mbps (tested with 12288 kB)
Download Speed is:: 1432 kB/s
Upload Connection is:: 1351 Kbps about 1.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 165 kB/s
Tested From:: »testmy.net (Main)
Test Time:: 2008/07/16 - 11:10am
D-Validation Link:: »testmy.net/stats/id-985QPW4AD
U-Validation Link:: »testmy.net/stats/id-7092FGTXL
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16 [!]

***************************** UPDATE July 16 2008 ************************************

We have had our service for 2 years now and couldn't be happier with the overall service. The speeds have been rock solid and the connection has been very reliable.

*****************************UPDATE Feb. 25 2010***************************

The connection is still rock solid and were getting slightly above our advertised speeds on the preferred tier which was just upgraded from 10/768 to 12/1.5

***************************UPDATE Feb. 20 2013**************************************

Our connection still has been rock solid and our speed on preferred has been increased to 18/2 and we are getting slightly above the speed on the speed tests.

*************************Update October 30 2013***********************************

Our connection has been rock solid with one exception of packet loss in our neighborhood since my last update. The Cox people were on the problem and it was solved in a few days. We also just receive a upgrade in speed from 18/2 to 25/5.

********************************Update January 2015********************************

In October 2014 we got an upgrade in speed to 50/5 on our preferred package.

member for 14.1 years, 6546 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

Review by ptuck874 See Profile

• Location: Providence Forge,New Kent,VA
Good "services, up time, equipment "
Bad "contractors, always ask for Cox tech when they come out to house"
Overall "great guys over here, might get better pricing in competitive markets"

Had some problems when getting installed about 2 years ago with not Cox but the contractors they use to get services set up, basically looking for boxes in yard (green terminal) but we found out later the connection is at top of pole across the street, not a big deal now but frustrating in trying to get them to find the tap-had run a 75 foot cat line across the street to green box to get the cable and internet on until they came out to get it connected correctly lol, but it has since then been marked and I know if I have any problems, where to point too. We have since being online almost all the time but had 1 time of intermediate connectivity with a booster being on the last legs and over heating on the line up the road from us and a second time one of those boosters blowing out completely. Luckily the first time, the internet was workable, just really bad pings and speed from 1am to 7am. The complete outage kinda sucked as it went down on Saturday afternoon, but bucket truck was called and got everything fixed Monday morning. All in all the field techs know their job where I am out and am completely satisfied with them, being online 99% of the time with no speed dips during peak times or anything. The pricing is good (back when we had Fios where we lived before, had some better offers for the triple play, but in looking at the prices now, they are about the same), we have internet premier package and mostly get 120 download speeds and 10 uploads, tv with contour 6 dvr and telephone unlimited, also 3 premiums for a total bill with taxes of 182 or so. When the contract is up will probably get Magic Jack or something for the phone and buy my own motem/router to save a little more cash (not that the phone service is bad or anything, just getting tired of paying close to 17 bucks a month for phone taxes, lord have mercy ). But all in all, I cannot complain much about Cox. One of the better providers of service I have ever had.

»[Cable Speed test: 112.10/13.54 22 ms]

member for 6.4 years, 694 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by CamboDK See Profile

• Location: Alexandria,Fairfax,VA
Good "Great Customer Service, Responsive Connection"
Bad "Capped Connection, Spotty Connection, Price Increased after Six-Months"
Overall "Did the job for the price paid"

·Verizon Broadban..
This review is for service I had between 2011 and 2012. I ordered the basic Internet package only (no TV, no phone). However, for the sake of testing, I also hooked my TV and got basic/local TV service, so that was a plus. My Internet package was the 15 DOWN/2 UP at 34.99 (not including fees and taxes). The price went up after six-months to around $50 (not including fees and taxes).

Order process was fine, the place I was renting was already wired. I requested the self-install package and got it within two days. I connected everything up and there was no signal. Contacted Customer Service and reached a representative within seconds who was local (not a foreign representative)! The representative was very friendly and knowledgeable. They help me resolve the issue within minutes (asking for modem serial and etc.).

Overall, I enjoyed the service, it was spotty may be two or three times a year (connection went down), but mostly that was due to major storms. Resolved within the day. I was able to reach a CS within seconds and they were always local and very friendly. Other than that, the only downside was the price increase (if you didn't do a contract, which I didn't) and capped connection.

member for 248 days, 108 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by AZdesertguy See Profile

• Location: Tucson,Pima,AZ

I've had Cox for 7 years. It has rarely been what I'd call good. I did have TV through them, but dropped that and only have data now. All morning, it's been barely crawling. Tests from here and speedtest show the same thing (or fail completely). If you contact them, they always have you do the same thing, with no resulting improvement -- it just wastes time. They don't care -- they don't have to.