Mediacom page on DSLReports

Review by djbrettb0 See Profile

• Location: Ames,Story,IA
Good "Finally, Mediacom has comparable offerings to satellite."
Bad "Internet. I've bent over backwards to resolve peak speed issues, yet the company still seems to think it's my fault."
Overall "Mediacom isn't as bad as Comcast, Time Warner, etc., but they aren't perfect either."

In the Des Moines metro, Mediacom is the best because they do not encrypt regular HD cable channels. This enables HDHomeRun users like myself to enjoy our streams, which we pay for, without interference (digital encryption). Many of the channels they deliver to our homes are not rate shaped (re-encoded) at all, though some are. Still, while not as great as DirecTV in terms of picture quality, Mediacom provides an acceptable picture quality.

Internet, on the other hand, is great during the day. My full 100mbps. At night, I've seen speeds as low as 14mbps. I really hope Mediacom can resolve this issue.

Comments:

MediacomChad

Slow speeds

Hello djbrettb0 See Profile,

I've taken a look over your modem and I'm not really seeing an issue as to why you would experience such slow speeds at night. Utilization for your area spiked at about 85% 6 days ago but is primarily below 45% so that shouldn't be causing your issue. There is a slight upstream SNR issue for you and it looks to be an area problem. If you would like to further troubleshoot the speeds you can send me a private message when you're seeing these speed problems and I will further troubleshoot with you while it's happening.
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/

Review by rgod55 See Profile

• Location: Coralville,Johnson,IA
Good "Great download speeds, good ping times."
Bad "None really."
Overall "Good value with their new tier. Loving their 100/10 service,Great service(from people on here), no real complaints."

Great download speeds since they bumped it up to 100mb/sec. I have the modem connected to my Netgear Nighthawk router, it is an awesome router. Their service is great for online gaming compared to my DSL line as the ping times are about 40-60ms better. Overall, with an even faster download speed and an increased upload speed, they are worth looking at.

Comments:

MediacomChad

Thank you!

Just wanted to reach out and say thank you for the review. It's always good to hear from someone that is receiving all services the way they should. If you ever do have any issues you can definitely contact me here and I will be happy to help.

Review by UHF See Profile

• Location: Independence,Buchanan,IA
Good "Fast, reliable"
Bad "No pricing information on their website"
Overall "It's fast"

·Callcentric
·Dish Network
Smooth sailing so far. There's been two outages, both fiber cuts that also affected other providers in my area, so not Mediacom's fault. I'm generally able to get the advertised speeds, or very close to it. I don't like caps, and I don't like contracts, but this beats the slow CenturyLink internet I had before.

member for 12.2 years, 5250 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

MediacomChad

Great to hear!

I'm happy to hear everything is working for you. If you ever have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me here.

your name

not Mediacom's fault?

"not Mediacom's fault" ? That's what they've been saying to my family for YEARS...

They FORCE you to call for service trouble over and over again and THEY CHARGE YOU EVERY SINGLE TIME and say "it's not Mediacom's fault" as OFTEN as they can, because whenever they don't 'find' a problem at your house, they BILL YOU $100 every time they come out.

Anonymous
join:2004-06-01
IA

Re: not Mediacom's fault?

The service fee is $25 and it's not charged every time.
I speak for myself, not my employer.

Review by jmikey See Profile

• Location: Springfield,Greene,MO
Good "Good speed, nice discount when bundled with phone"
Overall "Have really improved over the years."

June 4, 2014. Love their new speeds, getting 50/5 and phone for 47.90 a month for two years. Consistent speed, no drops.

I moved north of town here in Springfield Mo, so only Cable High speed was available, I took the 8 Mbps package coupled with family cable so to get a discount on both. The tech was a little goofy and strung cable across my floor and left it that way, my niece called Mediacom for me and they made him come out and do it right. During the day the speed is great, averages about 7.5 to 7.8 Mbps, but at night it drops way off, sometimes below 1 Mbps. Mediacom told me that they don't guarantee the 8 Mbps speed, so not much can be done about it. When I had DSL my speed was consistant, I don't understand why Cable cant be the same. I like Mediacom but they need to do something to stableize their speed.

July 28 th

May 16, 2011

Tried their Ultra 50 on a 59.00 promotion, it sucked, my speed rarely ever got about 17 Mbps, downgraded back to VIP speed, but their over utilization issue drops my speed down below 1 Mbps at night. They promise to have it fixed by July, but that is a very long time to wait, yet they still charge the same price. I can't believe a company as big as they are sale bandwith that they don't have.

Well, first off I updated to digital plus, then I took the VIP pak since they were offering their phone service for a penny a month through January, then everything will be 29.95 a month until July of 08, then the entire package with Digital Plus goes up to 145 a month.
Phone service is great, no static or pops like I kept having with ATT. My internet speed got upgraded to the 10/1 tier, the only gripe being I had to call and remind them to upgrade it. Another gripe is they didn't hook the phone service up to the entire house, they just hooked my phone by the pc directly to the Arris phone modem, so I will have to do that myself.

Overall, I am satisfied now, rarely do I get any speed drops, they worked on the main node out here so it doesn't get overloaded like it did.

December 28

Well, I just learned that when I took the VIP package I was suppose to get Showtime free for 3 months which I never got. I spoke to them this morning also about the fact that my rates went up earlier than I was told they would. They said that I was mistaken about the rate thing and that yes I was suppose to have gotten Showtime free and didn't, but that there was nothing that could be done now.

I am starting to get ticked off at them now, I have had VIP for 6 months and now things are changing to higher prices and not everything being delivered.

January

Have put in 2 different orders to have my service canceled but for some odd reason each time it never goes through. Now they are trying to charge me a month in advance for something that I have told them twice to cancel. Each time I call back they say they can't find the order where I had everything canceled. Almost sounds like they are fighting me about shutting the stuff off. If they want to just give it to me free I'm not going to argue with them, and that is what I told them. Will wait and see this time if they mysteriously lose the disconnect order.

September 2009

Have been living in Humansville so have been without Mediacom for a while, am about to take it back since moving back to Springfield mo, they have upgraded the 8 Mbps to 12/1. was promised that the speed issues have now been taken care of. Am scheduled to be installed Sept. 12, the day after I get my new apartment, will see how that goes then will update this again.

September 13th update

First thing that happened was the minute I got online they had a network outage, which meant I couldn't get back on until 3 this morning, then each time I did a speed test the modem would lose sync when the upload part of the test was done, they are coming out Tuesday to swap out my modem, it is the Motorola SB4200, I understand that it is a Dinosaur anyway. One thing I appreciate is the fact that since I get family cable free with my apt. they gave me Digital cable for what they normally would have charged me for family cable.

October 16th update

Been with them a month this time and am having huge speed drops in the afternoon and evening. My 12/1 tier is dropping down to 1.5 to 2Mbps during those time periods. I spoke to a Mediacom tech that came to check my cable box out, he says he lives in the area and is having the same problems. He also promised me that they are in the middle of node upgrades and that the speed problem is short lived. I will wait and see, but there reputation has really been tarnished by their failure to deliver on their new speeds.

May 25, 2008

I took their VIP pack about a month ago, speeds have been pretty stable at 15/2. I do notice some issues when it rains, not sure why... That is about all I have for now.

member for 8.7 years, 1935 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
jmikey

join:2005-11-09
Springfield, MO
·Mediacom

Now sharing with a room mate.

Am currently sharing expenses with a room mate, in his name. Have a lot of morning outages which is really a pain. Speed is good when it is on, but the cable box sucks, we are on the third one and it keeps messing up. Keep getting pixelation and a bunch of weird colors.

Review by wth See Profile

• Location: Iowa City,Johnson,IA
Good "Steady speed 24/7"
Bad "Nothing at this time"

Did not rate Pre sales/install since I have have been on this cable modem the past 11+ years B4 Mediacom purchased the system. Node was upgraded in 10/07 to regain top speed during primetime, and has been steady since. In Sept '08, they increased the speed from 8/768 to 12/1. Big upgrade at the headend in Aug '11 fixed all speed issues. Speeds were increased to 15/1 in 2013. Monthly cost does not include modem rental fee of $5/month, as I own my own modem. Speed increased to 15/2 on 6/1/2014 for n/c.

member for 12.5 years, 6347 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

MediacomChad

Support

I'm happy you are satisfied with your Mediacom service. If you ever have any issues or have questions or concerns feel free to let me know.

MediaCon

Re: Support

[Mediacon, if you can message me your account or phone number I can check the availability of Ultra 105 in your area.]
ERIK RENY
14916 N RICHLAND LN
CHILLICOTHE, IL 615239289

Since i'm not a member of dslreports just mssg me back in the thread of what is available. i really dont want 3 yr contract for commercial account as i am not sure i will be in the area in 3 yrs. my job could move me at a moments notice if they choose. thanks for your help.
And yes, the online beats the human factor by far. so kudos to you all in the Gulf!!!

Review by CappinHoff See Profile

• Location: Des Moines,Polk,IA
Good "Good speeds and even an increase in upload."
Bad "Internet hardware"
Overall "Good deals if you talk to the right people."

Had CenturyLink and was getting tired of the issues with their network. Talked to a door to door sales person and got a great deal. $9.95 net for a year, then $14.95 a year the next year. Also got cheap phone and cable. Installation was quick and easy. The only issue I've had so far is the modems they use.

First phone modem we got was some odd named one. Worked for about 2 weeks then started to randomly disconnect. Found out that anytime I would use a decent amount of bandwidth the modem would stop working. No lights. Got a different modem, an RCA. Worked fine for a month then the same issue. This time the lights stayed on and it appeared to be working, but no connection. This only happens with the bandwidth started getting used. Seems my only solution will be to split the phone/net into two modems. One for phone, one for net.

I'll update once that happens.

Comments:
Maitri

join:2012-09-16
Springfield, MO

Modems

The modems do that because Mediacom is too cheap to buy new ones. They just refurbish old models that others return and reuse them. Welcome to the cheap side of the Internet!

Re: Modems

They don't buy them anyways. They lease them. So that's a little different. Since it's a phone modem anyways, there isn't much of a selection.

Tars

Re: Modems

They also DISABLE most of the features on their equipment before giving it to their customers... MEaning, their boxes are CRIPPLED if you are electronically literate...

**5/17/13** review update

**5/17/13**
So the same issue is still there, the modem. Everything else works great. Just the disconnecting of the modem under load. Signals are fine.

From what I gather the phone modem can't handle high bandwidth usage. Since I game and stream with netflix and other various online services it just can't handle it. Resolution..... get another modem dedicated solely for the net.

It's ridiculous that I have to do this at my expense. They need to get better modems that can withstand high bandwidth usage.

Re: **5/17/13** review update

I do apologize you're still having this issue. I would like to try and get this taken care of for you. Please private message me.

Re: **5/17/13** review update

It's not your fault. I blame RCA in reality.

Irritated and unhappy

Very long time customer that was very happy with service until September when the unneeded data caps were instituted to all customers.

Not really understanding why customers that had previous accounts got lumped into the data caps? We were told we'd be unlimited since we had accounts from before. Then out of no where that changed. I've heard and seen the reasons, but let's be honest it's not about lack of bandwidth. Since it's been stated that only %3 of accounts actually go above the allotted cap. Why should customers in good standing and long time customers be forced into something unnecessary?

I know I'll be told to upgrade to a bigger package, but that means paying more for something I and others should have to pay for. It's not really fair to customers who have been overly loyal to a company that shows little loyalty, only thinking about the $$$.

Something needs to change and it needs to change fast. Many were happy with being grandfathered into the caps since you had an account before a certain date you retained your unlimited cap, but now it's not that way and people are unhappy.

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero

join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

Re: Irritated and unhappy

Sadly, this is becoming a trend with ISPs, and it sucks. We all know this is a "because we can" thing and has nothing to do with bandwidth, but an easy way to grab extra cash from people who they feel are "abusing" the network. I'm sure they're also using this to keep us on CATV. Of course, being known as a rural provider, they know that most of us have limited or no other choices. Maybe we should all move to an area that uses fiber (Google!)

Re: Irritated and unhappy

The big clincher here is only %3 of all the Data customers ever go over that limit. On top of that Mediacom is one the highest grossing ISP's. As for google, they have caps(soft), and they are instituting hard caps soon. I think eventually Mediacom will redact their caps just like Comcast did.

Better than last update

Things are working flawless with the occasional hiccup but it's fixed rather quickly. Only thing still bugging me is the unneeded caps. I wish MC would have thought about long time subscribers rather than their bottom line. 20+ year subscriber and put into caps isn't how you go about things.

Review by Jacktheg See Profile

• Location: Walkerton,St Joseph,IN
Good "Sales people were nice. Telephone tech support seems to domestically based"
Bad "After five months the system is finally working again"
Overall "These people actually make me wish Comcast was available"

Their internet service is just unreliable. In less than 12 months, my service went totally to crap and it turns out it was a splitter located on the outside of our house. (Not an issue with my equipment.) That didn't really solve the problem so with the next visit they removed an internet trap on the pole. (Not an issue with my equipment.) And for good measure, the tech rapped on the junction box with the handle of his tool a few times just to make sure all was A-OK. LOL, a very low tech solution that doesn't seem to have worked. Internet still does not work.

The problem is that this is a weekend house, and they will not make a service call unless someone is there. The network interface is on the side of the house literally ten feet from the road...no fences. But NO, they will not make a service call unless someone is there. So each visit has required me to make a 6 hour round trip.

Spoke to a supervisor last time who promised to give me a credit, but as I am sure you have guessed...no credit. So the internet has not worked reliably for the last 4 1/2 months. And their big push was for me to sign up for their Home Monitoring Service. Are they kidding me? Why would I trust them to help monitor my house or provide emergency response service for my mother when they cannot get basic internet to work?

The biggest problem is they have no escalation procedure where someone will take ownership of the issue and get it solved. Each time, I have to start a square one and waste 6 hours and take a day off of work. Just really bad tech support!

Update 5/25/14: System is now reliable. As best I can tell they have replaced large sections of their cabling in my area. The old cabling had probably been installed 25 years ago. They also replaced an amplifier that is about 150 feet from my house. What is strange is they will not tell me what work has been performed; why ... I do not know. I have asked both MediacomChad and the service dispatcher, but all they will say is they have balanced the lines. Wouldn't you think they would be saying, "Jack, we value you as a customer and want you to have the best possible experience. We have replaced large sections of our supply lines and upgraded an amplifier on your line, because we believe in having 100% satisfied customers." But NOPE, nothing will be revealed.

Comments:

MediacomChad

Hello Jacktheg,

I completely understand your frustration with the service issues in which you are having. I will be more than happy to look into this, as well as your billing issue in which you mentioned.

As for the tech not being able to come out unless someone over the age of 18 is there, that is correct. This is for liability reasons. We do not want to have a tech go out to a residence with no one there and have something break or something go missing. To ensure nothing happens, we have to make sure that someone is at the residence for the duration of the time in which the tech is there.

If you would like for me to look into your issues, please feel free to send me an IM with your account or phone number.
»mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/
sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
·Vonage

Fiber???

Hopefully they "replaced large sections of their cabling in my area" with fiber..

Review by Technicholas See Profile

• Location: Winterset,Madison,IA
Good "105 MB Down and 10 MB Up"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "105 MB Down and 10 MB Up is great"

I used to have Centurylink service 12mb/896kb since 2002 I moved into a area that had Mediacom and Centurylink could only offer me 7mb/896kb I signed up for the 105mb download and 10mb upload and love it, MediacomChad helped me through the process and I appreciate him for helping me through the install process and making sure everything looked good before after the install. I get around 105mbps-120mbps on average download, and 10-15mbps on the upload no slowdowns etc. They provided a Thompson modem. I am finally glad to get off DSL and on to something that is fast and doesn't lag when I get all my devices on the service.

Service has went downhill use to be great

1/2/13 Update : Not getting the speeds I am paying for 6mb at 7pm at night. Tech support has been reluctant to fixing the problem.

member for 3.7 years, 688 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

MediacomChad

Ultra 105

That's great to hear everything is working well for you Technicholas. If you do need anything else moving forward don't hesitate to contact me here and I would be happy to further assist you.
Technicholas

join:2010-11-11
Winterset, IA

Re: Ultra 105

This is what I appricate about Mediacom your on and active on a Saturday at 11:23PM at night (CDT) appreciate it again MediacomChad!

Re: Ultra 105

You're welcome! I'm happy I can help.

Review by jeff0575 See Profile

• Location: West Frankfort,Franklin,IL
Good "105 MB Down and 10 MB Up"
Overall "Worth the Money"

Ordered 105 Mb download and 10 Mb Upload for $100 per month. So worth the money for these speeds.

Updated 11-17-13

Still Best Service i can find.

Comments:

MediacomChad

Service

I am glad your services are working properly. If you have any issues going forward, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Review by rblilly See Profile

• Location: Jefferson City,Cole,MO
Good "they gave me 20.00 off because the tech was late, and month of Nov for free"
Bad "cable tv is fine,,,,but I'm losing phone and internet at least once per day since service installed"
Overall "Don't use Mediacom"

I moved to Jefferson City on October 8th. Phone/Cable/Internet was installed that day. I haven't had any problems with my cable, however techs had to come out on Friday because I'll make a call, hang up, then not have a dial tone even though I wait 10 or 15 seconds to make the next call so the modem can reset. Of course, I lose internet at the same time. The techs had to go up on a ladder outside and readjust wiring, and removed a splitter since I only use one tv and one phone. They told me the signal should be twice as good and tested the phone line while here. It's Saturday, and early this afternoon I returned from the festival and my phone wasn't working. Usually I unplug the modem and replug and it will reset and work fine(for a while, anyway), but only a couple lights came on this time. I unplugged and replugged, unplugged and replugged. It came back on, I made a call to my parents, and I was disconnected. I unplugged and replugged, and had to call Mediacom, threatening with a BBB complaint, although the tech woman was very nice and credited my account for the time it would take for another tech to come out on Tuesday. It's up and running again, but I feel like I'm checking the lights on the modem every couple minutes to see if all are on, and I try not to use the laptop or phone much. I personally don't think it's a modem problem or connections on the inside of the apartment.....they'll have to check the outside wiring again as I was told by the tech that there was some out of range connection problems.

UPDATE::::::::::

Well, the techs have been out 6 times in a 3 week period, one came this morning. As usual, the phone/internet went out around 1030am and probably won't go back on until 4pm or 5pm. I'm at the library typing this.

Techs came out twice on thursday, the first switching modems, saying that he was giving me a modem designed for wireless which I should have had with my order in the first place. Within a 1/2 hour, the phone/internet weren't working.

Three vans pulled up around 5pm later that day, replacing the modem again with a brand new modem. I lost two calls that evening, and phone and internet service went out from around 10am on Friday until 4pm.

Because the phone/internet were working this morning, the tech this morning couldn't do much except check the outside, and it seemed ok. He also told me that because the modem had been switched out, there was little history on it, and i was best waiting a week until they could see the history of when i was losing signals, etc. UGGGGGGGGGGG.

Tech support is saying that a possible area wide signal which should be around 0, is at 12 percent or greater, and another signal that should be around 30 or better is in the 20's.

My case has been escalated at least twice, and now maintenance is supposed to come out and other Mediacom personnel are supposed to look into whatever it will take to resolve the signal problems.

In the meantime, my NEW SERVICE WITH CENTURY LINK will be installed on Wednesday, and Direct TV is coming out Tuesday to install the dish.

The Better Business Bureau of NY has informed me that my complaint has been sent to Mediacom Headquarters and a response is pending. From what I've heard, they sometimes don't ever respond to BBB complaints. They're not even registered with the BBB, and for good reason, as they'd have a lousy rating.

My landlord emailed me this morning telling me he had warned me not to go with Mediacom, and I responded that I didn't realize that their customer service was THAT bad.

GOOD RIDDANCE, MEDIACOM.

Comments:

MediacomChad

rblilly,

I completely understand your frustration with the issues you have had thus far. I will be more than happy to look into them from here. Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number?

3 edits

(personal info removed-tmpchaos)
In addition to the problems I'm already having, there was an area outage today, and my phone was down most of the day, and I think there was one earlier this week

I've reported Mediacom to the Better Business Bureau in NY, and have not only asked for the 90 day money back guarantee of the 129.00 I paid, but an additional 100.00 for pain and suffering in missed important business calls, losing minutes on my cell phone that I had to use when the landline was down, etc.....and I've asked that the refund not take 4-6 weeks as promised, but that I receive it a lot sooner for my trouble

I was told by a tech that my area has had problems for at least the 2 years that he's worked for the company and it's gotten worse in the past three weeks. He states that lines coming into my apartment are fine, that it's a neighborhood issue, and that maintenance workers are being called in from another city to work on it because Jefferson City doesn't have enough. I was told by a supervisor that there is no time frame of when this issue will be resolved.

I feel I've given Mediacom every opportunity to resolve this problem, and I can not continue not having phone service on a daily basis, and therefore called Direct TV this morning --from my cell I might add, since I didn't have service.

Mediacom has a C+ rating from the BBB site and most complaints revolve around service issues. Numerous poor reviews are posted on the Middletown NY Corporate Headquarters site

I WOULD URGE ANYONE LIVING IN THE JEFFERSON CITY MISSOURI AREA NOT TO USE MEDIACOM until they hurry up and get maintenance out to look at all the wires in the entire city to explore where their signal problems are coming from.
Mediacom should be upfront with their prospective customers and tell them ahead of time that they've experienced problems in various neighborhoods of the city. Even the Attorney General's office phone's were down less than a week ago and personnel there were highly aggravated and Mediacom made it a priority to get them fixed, according to the tech who visited my home. Too bad Mediacom isn't making it a priority to fix my phone service or the customers in my area to that degree.

Well, I was editing this review,, but, of course my internet gave out on me this morning, one hour after the tech left, so I'm at the library using a computer.

Techs have been out 6 times now in a three week period. Two came out on Thursday. The first replaced the modem with a used one, saying that I had been using a modem not designed for wireless, like I had signed up for. Since I lost phone service and internet within 1/2 hour of him leaving, they sent three vans out around 5pm and delivered a brand new modem. Within an hour, I could hear my Mom on the other end of the phone saying to my stepfather, "This is ridiculous, he lost phone service again", as we were disconnected. And another call was dropped, this time with a Mediacom rep. I had service overnight and lost it around 10am the following morning, as I usually do. So, I was set up with another tech visit this morning(Saturday). Of course the modem lights were working the way they should, and he checked outside and it appeared OK, so he left without being able to do anything---OR WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING that he may have been able to do.
He also told me that because the modem was brand new, that there was only a two day history on it, so I should wait about a week, and if having problems, he would be able to see a pattern on it at that time. Made me feel like I should have kept the old modem so they would have a two week history on that one.

Tech support keeps telling me that a signal that should be around 0, is up to 12 percent or more, and another one that should be around 30 or better is in the 20's.

People at Mediacom are starting to know me on a first name basis, and probably don't have to pull up my address anymore. My Mom thinks i should charge techs rent for them to live with me to be around when the phone doesn't work.

I emailed my landlord and asked him where he wanted the satellite dish for Direct TV, since i told him I was switching to Centurylink/Direct TV this coming week. He responded that he had warned me not to go with Mediacom. I responded that I didn't realize that Mediacom service was THAT bad. I told him that they gave me next month free for my trouble, and I had been trying to work with them to resolve the issue, but at this point it didn't matter if they gave me a zillion credits on my account, I'm not going to tolerate losing phone/internet service on a daily basis, especially since it seems to occur between the hours of 10am and 4pm. This morning i told the rep, "I know it's going to go out as soon as you leave, probably around 10am"......i checked the clock when it did and it was at 1030am on the button. Hopefully, when i get home this evening around 4 or 5, it will be back on.

My case has been escalated, of course,,,twice i believe. Maintenance is supposed to look into this. The tech told me that hopefully maintenance will be out before Wednesday, and you can stick with Mediacom. With the stress that Mediacom has put me through, that's not going to happen. I'll never be able to trust Mediacom service again, even if they say it's permanently fixed. I'll always wonder, while I'm away from the apartment, if a caller will get "the line's been temporarily disconnected", or whether they'll get my answering machine to pickup.

Good riddance Mediacom.

Re: Service

I definitely do not like to hear a customer is having so many issues and don't want to see you switch to another provider. If there is anything you would like me to look into then just private message me on here. In order to do so you'll have to register with the site.

Anonymous
join:2004-06-01
IA
They will refund any service and installation fees but that's about it. There is no way to expedite the process or that's what I was told a while ago. Area upstream SNR issues are not easy to pinpoint and fix...
I speak for myself, not my employer.

2 edits

Re: Service

well, i'll see what happens....I know customer service will only authorize a refund, but now that the BBB complaint has been submitted to the business, they may respond more favorably than with just a refund.......the NY BBB called me yesterday and said if they don't respond at all, it will take their rating down to a D or F.......so either way I'll be happy,,,I either get what I'm asking for or they get the D or F that they deserve

UPDATE:::::::

Area supervisors were supposed to come to my home yesterday--making Mediacom's visits to my home at number 7......I called Mediacom tech support this morning just to see what they accomplished and the supervisor said they couldn't find anything wrong.

She wanted to schedule an 8th visit tomorrow---actually one's scheduled----I told her I had told Mediacom about a week ago that I had been planning to switch to Centurylink this week, so they had some time to get the problem fixed. She understood my frustration and said she'd try to get them out today during the hours that my phone's usually down and call me back..........of course she hasn't called back.

Thanks for the good customer service, Mediacom-----NOT!
Expand your moderator at work

Re: Service

rblilly - I would love to help here. You never got back to me via PM, would there be a time I could call you and work with area management to get this resolved?

Re: Service

I responded to you and thanks for the response,,,,as you know I've messaged you privately.

NOW I"M GOING TO MESSAGE PUBLICLY::

Centurylink and Direct TV are working great and couldn't ask for better service.

I called on November 1st to disconnect all Mediacom services. They told me it would take a WEEK to disconnect...Never heard of that before. You would think if I wanted the service gone instantly, it would be done instantly.

Anyway, it's November 7th, and I called my old number from my Centurylink new number, just to see what the message says, to see if it indicated disconnection. It states that the number is temporarily out of service. LOL. Tells me that if I still had Mediacom phone and internet, neither would be working at the time of the call. I actually called it twice today, and it said the same thing.

I called customer service to make sure my account had been closed and that my number is being disconnected today--I was thinking to myself NOW YOU CAN"T GET RID OF THEM, like a fly that hangs on you, hoping that you won't leave them for another company.

Customer service says the account was closed today, but a tech has to come out and disconnect the signal coming into my apartment. That should be easy, because there is no signal into my apartment. Fortunately, I don't have to be here, like the other 8 times they had to send out a tech.

I don't understand why people would pay about 98.00 including taxes for lousy service with Mediacom, getting a limited amount of stations, and having to have a modem for each phone, when they can switch to Direct TV/Century link for about 85.00/mo including taxes the first year, for over 300 channels, and since I've got two phone jacks running into the apartment, I can make use of both phones without needing two modems, and I still get fast internet.

Makes you think, doesn't it?