Execulink Telecom page on DSLReports

Review by yardman9 See Profile

• Location: Cambridge,ON
Good "Good"

I have had a continuous account since Dec 1996. What can I say but it's home and I would not trade it for any othere service. Some friends have switched for bundles from Bell or Rogers but given enough time they confess it was a mistake to have switched! I have found phone help a little limp but the level of my needs I would likely not have gotten better from any service. I one time asked to speak to the glazed eye fellow in the back room and they patched me through to a very knowledgeable employee. I wish they still had throttled unlimited Usenet but I suppose those days are behind us.

Comments:

Review by abrydont See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Reliable service, helpful and friendly tech support"
Bad "A bit more expensive than other comparable ISP's"
Overall "Recommended"

When I chose to go with Execulink, it was my first time signing up for high speed / DSL (versus dial-up). Previously I had only used AT&T Internet Service 56K dialup.

I have used Execulink for a number of years and have had very few problems with them. The only reason I am switching from them is because I want to try a different provider for a change and a friend of mine will be able to get (lower-priced) a group rate.

The service I subscribed to was High Speed (39.95/month) with modem rental. On their website they advertise 29.95 per month plus modem rental (no contract) for the first three months. After that time, my bill came out to about 48.68 per month.

The installation process was very easy to complete. I had all the equipment and was hooked up in less than 10 days.

Over the course of my time with Execulink, I found that I consistently got excellent customer service, friendly and helpful technical support, and that the DSL service itself rarely had problems. I did have a modem die once, but when I called in and described my problem it was promptly replaced with an equivalent or better one (the last modem I got was a Speedtouch which consistently performed well).

The thing about Execulink I liked the most was their tech support. I remember calling in late one night when my service unexpectedly cut out and getting help from a good humoured staff member for almost an hour. It turned out I needed a new modem. I was impressed by the fact that I didn't feel frustrated at all talking to the tech person because of their easygoing manner. In addition, I was not charged for the time I was without internet due to the expired modem.

All in all, I would highly recommend Execulink.

Comments:

Review by cupavi See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Price, Customer Service, Tech Support"
Bad "Sometimes Inconsistent speeds, but quick to resolve"
Overall "Very Good ISP for price, No DL cap"

Straight forward ISP no hassles, no bs on the tech side. Highly recommend. Had Golden Triangle before and Execulink bought them out. Smooth sailing. Had their straight dsl service for 5 year,s also had my own modem which helped with the pricing.

Comments:

Review by WEBnut See Profile

• Location: Belmont,ON
Good "Reliability, fair price, great support"

I have, over the years, been with several ISP's, but Execulink (Golden
Net) is hands down the best. I can't recall the last time it was down.
Support is friendly, very knowledgeable, and available 24/7.

Comments:

Review by ftp1020 See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "FAST tech support, Giganews newsgroups, reliable connection"
Bad "Web site could be more informative and provide more detail"
Overall "Good value, no waiting on hold for tech support"

·TekSavvy DSL
I've been with Execulink for over 2 years, and they're better than the others I had, going back to the 90s and 56K dialup. If you call for tech support, there's no "your call is important to us" canned Muzak and you do speak to someone knowledgeable right away. And they're local, not in India - that's important to me. Reliability is extremely good, and I've never had an outage that lasted more than a few minutes. The pricing is very good considering that you get 4 Giganews NNTP connections, although they are capped at 20KB/sec each; the alternative is paying at least $10 more to a commercial server. The service appears to be uncapped, and no ports appear to be throttled. I wish their web site was a little more intuitive and had more technical information other than "how to set up Outlook to read newsgroups", but that's not all that important to me. Good service and value for money, well run, and locally owned.

If you don't have your own modem (which they sell for $100), they add $10 to the monthly charge. IP is dynamic, service is PPPoE. I get 4200/680 on the 5MB profile with no slowdowns at any time of day. The technical staff were very helpful in diagnosing a problem I had moving from 3MB to 5MB, and once resolved (one phone was excessively noisy) it took less than two hours for the upgrade to happen.

This was all once true, but see "Gone Downhill" post below.

Comments:

Review by mmn100 See Profile

• Location: Delhi,ON
  • CLEC party: Bell Canada
Good "Good Company & Services Offered, Support, Good Speed, NO CAPS"
Bad "Reliability lately"
Overall "Good Support (24/7) and average price with many free services and bundles. Been a customer for 5+ years."

I have been with execulink for about 5 years starting with dialup and now ADSL. They have been my only ISP ever. I currently have their residential 3Mb Down/800 Up ADSL package for $37.40 (including taxes) per month. I purchased the modem from the dealer rather than renting and you are not forced to use certain brands of equipment. The service is PPPOE and I am using a router to share the connection with an unlimited number of computers. They are very open with their policies and do not put caps on your connection. They offer spam & virus email protection free for all accounts and allow 5 mailboxes for my package. You also get 120 minutes free long distance with this package because they are a phone company also. Lately (Spring 2005) they have been having reliability problems and the highest downtime I have ever had with them but SOME of these problems are with their internet provider and not Execulink themselves. They have a really good referral program that saves both the referrer and the referred money on their bill. They offer hosting with some accounts and many other services so check it out for yourself at www.execulink.com I think they are a great company and will stay with them for a long time. I should also mention the great 24/7 support and no port blocking.

Comments:

Review by moparman77 See Profile

• Location: London,ON
Good "Good customer service"
Bad "u/l speeds - my fault - not used to DSL"
Overall "Won't be switching any time soon"

Great service for the price. Beats the poor service, pricing, d/l cap and customer support I got from Sympatico. Been dealing with this company for several years, hosted a website with them and had excellent support at that time as well. My only beef is the upload speeds. As for the customer service, here's an example; I've been having some kind of DNS problem lately, and I figured that for sure when I mentioned I had my own DSL modem and a router, the tech. support guy would just hang up, but no, he helped me out as much as he could and said that if I have problems again, he'd be more than happy to help me troubleshoot it.

Small Update:

The DNS issue turned out to be something wrong with my router. Everything has been smooth sailing since. My internet connection is something I really take for granted these days, not a single hiccup.

Comments:

(review was emailed from domain footspecialist.ca)

Comments:

Review by Luvfishin See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Smooth and simple. Their dialup web accelerator was the attraction"
Bad "Have not had any problems."
Overall "Good stable isp and for $3..00 extra you get the dialup web accelerator which works well."

·silowireless
Hi,

My new ISP is www.Execulink.com and they are simple, solid and best of all, they offer a dialup web accelerator which performs very well. Dialup is my only option here (other than satellite) and Execulink offers the best dialup speeds for the dollar.

member for 12.9 years, 3334 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Dando83 See Profile

• Location: UK
Good "Quick support, generally good download speeds"
Bad "Disorganized, incomplete webpage, 3meg package is expensive"
Overall "Good alternative to Bell"

Execulink (PPPoE connection) is based in Southern Ontario and has always treated me nice. They're quick and polite on the phone and in their email responses.

I appreciate their referral program whereby they'll give you a $10 credit for referring others to them. Obviously they're still a small company...also one of the reasons I signed up. I didn't want major crashes inherent in the bigger companies.

The last few days have been the rockiest (end Sept. 2002). Connections have been difficult and download speeds are down from the normal 80-100 kilobytes/second to 5-10 kilobytes/second. They recognize a problem and say they're taking care of it. Hopefully I'll be cruising again soon.

I've toyed with the idea of going faster and upgrading from my 1.5 Mbit service to 3.0 Mbit, but Execulink's next step up is $70 a month. Local competition offers the same for $10 less. I'd hate to leave Execulink though.

I recommend Execulink mostly because of their good support and lack of problems compared to the "other guys". Also, signing up usually gives you a $15 a month discount for the first 6 months. Look into it if you're in the London or surrounding area.

PS. The cost is $34.95 a month and modem rental is another $10. First six months is $19.95 + $10 modem rental. Line filters are free of charge.

member for 12.8 years, 22 visits, last login: 10.3 years ago