CableOne page on DSLReports

Review by Kypdurron See Profile

• Location: Biloxi,Harrison,MS
Good "50 bucks for 50 Meg, low ping, nice local reps"
Bad "Router sucks, VoIP sounds static, upload way to slow"
Overall "Great deal for internet. Stay away from tv, VoIP "

Have had for 3 years. Suffered through high overages when with 50GB limit. Now we use around 175 and have no worries, Speeds during peak hours around 40/2 and around 55/2.5 when non peak hours. Ping never higher than 60ms regardless of server. VOIP is terrible only have it for adt alarms. Dropped tv too expensive for sucha crap product,

Still for 83 bucks including taxes and fees I'm pretty happy

member for 15 days, 1 visits, last login: a few hours ago
lodged a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Bonedoc See Profile

• Location: Chino Valley,Yavapai,AZ
Good "Very few disconnects or down time"
Bad "ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. WORST I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED"
Overall "Only Cable in town, but what a pain if you need support."

We have the 50mb internet package with television - we moved from a temporary location in Prescott to Chino Valley, all went well as far as we knew... BUT, they never changed the 'records' address, never changed our billing method (as we asked) and then tried to charge us for a late fee when they charged a card we closed (which was why we did the 'payment' type change in the first place)

Additionally, you cannot 'make any payment' changes in their online interface. IT DOES NOT work... AND (!) they know it, they even say so (with some pride, "Oh, that has NEVER worked, hahahah) - nor can you change other account details in their presented on line interface. TOTALLY screwed up. Their office phone hours are Mon-Fri from 8:30 'till 5PM and if you work and have difficulty making calls, you cannot fix these issues without losing time.

THIS is the only CABLE available and, while connectivity has been good (and those who work on it are very professional and acceptable) the "in house" office tech and billing people are low performance, incapable of helping you and frankly should not be working in that field.

I've been trying to add a second email account for the wife and the interface online will not accept the data... or at least the setup never completes satisfactorily to get mail. Trying to get mail ( and they go thru Google Mail sadly) is a joke, cannot log into the mail server thru their interface... "we are temporarily down, sorry for the inconvenience" is the usual popup. I greatly prefer Cable over DSL but this company is "not ready for prime time" but the only show in town. Be wary.

Comments:
fieroloki

join:2007-07-29
Van Alstyne, TX

Payments work

I pay online every month with no issue.

E-Mail login

As of this time, there are no known issues with the webmail login. Our technical support is open 24/7, as well as a new live chat option available on our support site, »support.cableone.net so please call us when you are able to troubleshoot that issue if/when it happens.

As to the billing department, they are indeed open between 8:00AM to 5:00PM. If you wish you can send an e-mail to support@cableone.net to request a call back from the billing department to assist in changing your information.

The bill payment website has had some disruptions but those have now been resolved and you should be able to manage your payments, such as EasyPay (Auto Payment).

Review by Idahospud See Profile

• Location: Boise,Ada,ID
Good "Fast Internet that is getting a little better with time"
Bad "Unreliable connection during peak hours, oversold nodes"
Overall "When it works it's great."

I've been with Cable One since 2005 mainly because there are no viable alternatives in Kuna, ID. Back then I was on the 3 MB down/ 0.3 MB up plan for 50$. Initially I was happy with the service and it seemed fairly stable for a while aside from intermittent disconnects and latency issues. Then in 2007 or so we were having massive issues with the internet cutting out constantly with terrible SnR levels. After about 10 service calls and trying to convince them that it's not our equipment, they FINALLY looked at the local network in the neighborhood. It turns out that the local CMTS inside the green box about 4 doors down was dying and overheating. They replaced it with a new one and the service became fairly stable again.

Then there were service issues off and on, overloaded nodes etc etc for the next few years and then they introduced the 50MB plan. Immediately we started having problems again with high latency and lost packets during peak hours. This problem subsided over the next year slowly as they added more nodes to the neighborhood with cable one construction crews installing something around Kuna, ID practically everyday. Then they increased the Cap to 300GB, and then we started having problems again with high latency, slow speeds, and lost packets during peak hours. Started seeing the cable one construction trucks around again and about after a year, the connection is somewhat stable during peak hours. The speeds still drop during peak hours but the lost packet and latency issues are less prominent.

Their techsupport is practically useless for someone who are already techy. Their low level techsupport people have no clue what SnR, DNS, tracert, CMTS, TCP, UDP, VPN, etc etc means and are extremely reluctant to hand the phone over to someone that can understand what I'm saying. Their new automated techsupport system is also insulting for people who tinker with electronics everyday and takes forever to get through. "Is your modem on?" "Is the modem connected to the computer?" lol.

Comments:

Review by John Patrick See Profile

• Location: Sioux City,Woodbury,IA
Good "Up and running in hours when using my own modem."
Bad "None been with them for years great service."
Overall "Best in the Tri-State area"

Now that they are changing the 50Mbps plan and raising the limit on data to 300GB with no overage fee's I made the jump to the higher plan. So far loving it rock solid no drops averaging 47Mbps to 52Mbps download and upload 1.8Mbps to 2.2Mbps. Best of all my bill will drop by 3 dollars on the internet.

Had to have Cable One come out to move the drop from pole feeding to middle of house to pole that would feed the corner of the house. They installed a new box outside to make future drop replacements easier. They dropped off a 1000 feet of coax so I could rewire the whole house 2 living room outlets. 2 bedrooms each with 1 outlet. Guest bedroom with 2 outlets. 2 outlet for the garage. One for the modem. Came in next day and put ends on all the cables hooked up to new splitter, tested signal and working great. Best part all free no cost.

I live in Sioux City, Iowa and Cable One is the best out there for the price. Very reliable service fast connection 10Mb download 1Mb upload and works great with my home network. Best of all every member of the family can be on at same time. Have nothing but praise for it in the years i been with them. I highly recommend them to all my friends and family.

member for 12.8 years, 4670 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

dale avant

No internet service

My name is Dale Avant, I am a partner in Quad A inc, we use Cable One internet service at a store we own doing check cashing, money sending, etc.. The night of 6/10/2013 1:30 am Cable One had an outage I understand that does happen. The employees, at our location 1821 Andrews Hwy., began calling Cable One at 7:30 am find out when the internet might be working. They called later in the day and were told the internet was working on Cable One's side. We tried unpluging & replugging the moden, the router, & the switch. We had no luck. During this time we were unable to send or receive money make money orders do our daily buisness. I drove 60 miles after they had no luck & began checking wires plugs you name it. I then open the router and began checking settings. I pay extra for a static ip. I was unable to ping the public ip , but I was able to ping the gateway. We had changed nothing for 3 weeks on the router I had replaced it and all worked well untill 06/10/2013 at 1:30am. I finally changed the public ip to dhcp the internet came right up. I decided the problem was the static ip was not registering. I called Cable One at 1:30 am 06/11/2013 and spoke with a tech #1112 ticket# 13710605. The tech told me it was my router I assurred her it was not my router as it had been working fine untill 1:30am 6/10/2013. The tech assurred me it was the router and in fact she was right. We found the mac address was not the one that was registered to the public ip. I want to know if this was so important why did my router work for 3 weeks. I saw the mac address was not correct then was told it may take up to 24 hours more to register the new mac address. I told the tech I was going to tell Cable One the tech did stay with me and not quit, but I am still here with no connection to my bank and the tech was unable to help me I was just out of luck. I just feel like we had already been down for a day the tech should have been able to fix this issue. Thank you for taking time to read my comment.
Dale Avant

wayne

@qwest.net

cable one internet is a joke

I would like to post here that cable one has issues also they like to gouge there customers on there internet. yes cable one gives you 300gb a month and also 50mb speed but they took away the
12:00am to 8:00am option where your not monitored. the fact is there still doing the same ol way that they do business screw the customers. I have nothing positive to say about Cable One..

Review by Gem See Profile

Good "Very nice folks in local office and excellent installers."
Bad "Slow ping rates - often 200ms or higher"
Overall "Overpriced and declining service quality"

Cable one seems to me to have cut back drastically (imo) on the availability of technical assistance when we have service issues with their cable TV, Internet, or Phone services. Now it seems that they have little or no technical assistance "after normal hours" or on weekends or on holidays.

The web page for configuring our services and accounts on line frequently has not fully worked for us. Long load times and often a "Sorry, that is not available now" or words to that effect notice pops up saying "try again later" or again - words to that effect.

This used to be a much better company than what we are experiencing now.

Comments:

Review by Pashune See Profile

• Location: Gautier,Jackson,MS
Good "Really fast and reliable; Better than AT&T"
Bad "300 GB isn't as much as it once was."
Overall "Fast and reliable but the caps really need to be increased.."

·Vonage
1/12/14

I'm now on the 50/3 tier using my SB6180 modem. Same price, increased upload speed, same cap.

I've run into a problem though.. It's becoming increasingly difficult to stay under that 300 GB soft-cap. As I have friends visit every weekend, it's not unheard of to download 15 or maybe even 20 GB in a single day. Crunchyroll, Netflix, Youtube, you name it. It all adds up especially when you don't have basic TV service despite nearly everything we watch can't be found on TV, so figure that one out. Everything is becoming more connected to the internet and more data is consumed as a result.

I've broken the cap twice; once at 304 GB.. 2nd time around 354 GB. After the 3rd time they'll supposedly force me to a higher tier. =\

My speeds have been fantastic, no real issues to speak of except for the cap. I'm hoping they raise it sooner or later; I can't justify (or really afford) the cost of paying $75 for internet just for a 100 GB increase and 60/4 speeds at this time.

6/18/13

Upgraded from 10 meg to the new 50/2 tier with 300 GB softcap, although I'm still on a old D2 single-channel modem (50 meg requires D3) as of writing this post I'm regularly hitting 25-30 mbits/sec down on speed tests + 2.5 mbit upload which indicates that the node in my area is far from saturated. Reliability as always is top notch with CableOne in my area. Very few problems have been encountered other than lightning striking my backyard (shorted out tap) and a bizarre throttling issue that has long since been corrected over a year ago. EDIT: Got the new modem; SB6180. See images

I can't recommend them enough if your area is well managed like mine.

10/07/10

Upgraded from 5 meg to 10 meg because of how often I keep hitting the 5 meg 2 gb threshold cap. Needless to say... there was a huge improvement after updating my service package. I was trying my hardest to hit the cap through casual downloading and watching videos online.. along with other users on my network.. but I never really hit it until a few minutes before 12 am. Even then, I was still getting 5 meg standard speeds so it was still very fast. Though, I did have to call tech. support to send the new configuration file to my modem as the sales rep. was unable to do so.

My area doesn't seem to have any kind of capacity issues either; I get a little over 10 megs on speakeasy and close to 10 megs on speedtest.net; also getting my full upstream speeds. Kudos Cableone!

03/03/10

A few strange outages happened last month but they were bearable for the most part; the worst one lasting a few hours. Who knows what was going on that sunny day. I've yet to have another storm-related outage since the one last summer. Still getting my full 5 meg speeds @ 5500 kbits down and 555 kbits up according to speakeasy.net.

Looks like my stats took some sort of hammering after the last outage though:

Downstream
Freq/Power: 549.000 MHz 8 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio: 37 dB
Modulation: QAM256
Upstream
Freq/Power: 29.000 MHz 44 dBmV
Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA)
Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec
Modulation: QAM16

Still works like normal on the bright side. No lag, etc.

10/23/09

I monitor my bandwidth records every day to make sure no one in my house hold has gone crazy downloading stuff; it's only happened once or twice, but I still like to check now and then since I'm typically a heavy downloader.

The AUP says if you download greater than 3 gb for more than half of your billing cycle your service may be terminated or suspended without warning. Does this mean the 3 gb daily cap applies to a 24-hour period or between the hours of 12 pm-12 am?

It makes no sense! They call it a daily threshold cap. I brought up this issue because their bandwidth management records for my account are very much messed up. Ex., my bandwidth usage for yesterday was around 1,700 mb or so. Well within 3 gb, right? Well, I check it again 3-4 hours later and it zoomed up to 3,729 mb. Can ANYONE out there explain this phenomenon? The CableOne forums are a nearly dead source of information since the ISP is so small and I'm pretty sure tech. support won't provide an explanation for it.. then again, I'd rather not give them idea of terminating my account anyway.

One anonymous user claimed that the 3 gb daily cap only applies during the monitoring threshold cap period, which would be between 12 pm - 12 am; he also claimed that monitoring has been lifted for weekends, but another user proved otherwise. It makes no sense...

Long story short:

Speeds are still great; up time is excellent; but the caps have me confused and worried that my connection may be terminated.

08/06/09

I signed up with CableOne once again recently, but this time I chose their triple play package (VoIP, cable tv, internet)

My speeds are ABOVE their rated speeds (5 mbit) when being tested on Speakeasy.net (5300 kbps; 555 kbps upstream). CableOne once again brings the service I came looking for. As for those periodic outages a few months back.. they were simply "periodic", that's it.

The cable installers were baffled at the setup outside of my home (Which I did NOT do) and had to install an access box and replace the 30 year old drop going to my home, even though it worked perfectly fine last time I used cableone.

The installers seemed kind of lazy about the installation, but it wasn't anything too bad. The older guy knew what he was doing.. the younger guy.. not so much.

The modem is an Arris Touchstone Telephony Modem. I'm using a DI-604 D-link router with a Netgear WAP connected to it.

The modem stats? Even BETTER than what I had last time!

Downstream
Freq/Power: 549.000 MHz 9 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio: 41 dB
Modulation: QAM256
Upstream
Freq/Power: 29.000 MHz 39 dBmV
Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA)
Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec
Modulation: QAM16

That upstream is pretty low.. but as long as it's working, I'm not complaining at all. In fact, doesn't a lower upstream mean a good thing?

Aside from the cost, threshold caps, etc., thumbs up to CableOne.

06/05/09
------------
What happened, CableOne? I know summer is supposed to the climax for bandwidth usage, but the problem I (or in my neighborhood, everyone, according to their modem stats) am experiencing is a complete, temporary disconnection. I was expecting less than stellar speeds as soon as school was out, but not loss of modem sync. This isn't supposed to be DSL! The modem loses sync anywhere from 5 minutes-5 hours. This happens around 10 pm-6 am. I'm speculating that a cable amp may be dieing out nearby, but if it's affecting everyone in my vicinity, could something else be going on? I also acknowledge that cable amps need to be adjusted during the summer, but for 3 days in a row? The time where I use the internet the most, and it disconnects on me.

Typically, I'd temporary use my neighbor's wireless router if my connection was down, but like I said in the beginning of this update: This affects everyone in my local vicinity. (except for DSL customers)

Like I've said in the past; no lag, very consistent speeds, but now I'm just losing sync entirely during the later hours (and so are my neighbors). This has been going on for 3 days.. and I hope it ends already. 3 days may not be so bad, but if this goes on for another week or so, I don't know what I'll do. DSL was just as bad in my area, if not a little worse. WISP? Forget it. I'll move out of Gautier, MS, before I pay $70 per month for 1 mbit wireless access.

Old update:
==========
I ordered CableOne's Residential Plus 3 mbit package 2 days ago and acquired internet service today. The tech was great. He seemed to be VERY experienced with his job and on top of that, we were able to carry on a hilarious conversation. He had to go through a few Motorola Surfboard modems to find one that would work but in the end all was well.

The modem is a Motorola Surfboard SB5101. It is connected to a Zyxel 802.11g 4-port router/switch.

As for line stats, everything looks great:

Downstream Value
Frequency 549000000 Hz
Signal To Noise Ratio: 40.8 dB
Power Level 6.5 dBmV

Upstream Value
Channel ID 2
Frequency 32000000 Hz
Power 41.0 dBmV

Both upstream and downstream speeds are perfect. Speakeasy tests download around 3270 kbits downstream and 305 kbits upstream. Compared to the previous AT&T DSL service that I had, this is a godsend. I would recommend CableOne to ANYONE who is struggling with a poor, attenuated DSL line in their localized area.

My only real complaint is the bandwidth caps which halve your speed between 12 pm - 12 am if you download more than 1.3 GB on my speed package. I have no problem with this.. at least until I need more speed. =p

In short, I am very pleased so far.

Comments:

Carl
join:2004-07-21
Opelousas, LA

Good to see that you're rid of AT&T, buddy!

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Re: :)

I got rid of them a looooooooooooong time ago, lol. U-verse is pushing up to 18 mbit speeds in my area now but I'm not switching.

My cable plan is actually still cheaper than what they have to offer.
CableOne 50/2

Carl
join:2004-07-21
Opelousas, LA

Re: :)

I wouldn't believe that 18Mbps claim at all, given that they could barely deliver 1.5!

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
·Vonage

Re: :)

Hahah yeah, there really is a new RT about a mile away though so I'd expect a little improvement despite being on 24/26 ga wiring.

I'd never go back with them though. Even their techs are incompetent. I see DSL as something that's just way too sensitive to any kind of interference and with all the problems I've had with it (including other people I know), I can't bear the thought of going back. My father is facing random disconnects despite being really close to the nearest RT and getting full sync speeds.. they haven't been able to fix it at all. He's aggravated as all hell, lol.

CableOne techs almost always shows up the same day; I have to wait like a week with AT&T.. and now that service is exactly $50 per month without modem leasing, I think the choice is pretty clear.
CableOne 50/2

Review by icu8124me See Profile

• Location: Jacksonville,Calhoun,AL
Good "So Far...AWESOME!"
Bad "Haven't had one yet"
Overall "Currently Testing it. Just installed. So Far So Good!"

I'm currently trying it out now. Literally! So I'll update this in a few days to let everyone know more in detail. Instillation was done myself as all I did was go from a SB5100 Surfboard Cable Modem to the new one that is SBG6580 Surfboard Cable Modem that says will be 50mb of service! Speed test was 1st thing I did & here's the link (»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3118005489) and it's advertised as promised clocking at (52.24DL & 3.15UL) so me like! That's all for now, but I will update, if any questions, hit me up! later!

**My Update as of Today (12.20.13) And am Fully Satisfied! Everytime I Tested my Speed, it's been a consistent (50-53mb) of Download Speed & I attached my Current Month Usage Since Upgrade! Most B4 the Upgrade was about (450-500GB) & this was 600+ So yes, 1st time EVER for ANY service I have nothing but PRAISE for it! Ever have ANY questions, feel free to ask! Peace Out

Comments:

BimmerE38FN

C! is good...

I think you'll like it. They just upped the UL speed from 2Mb to 3Mb.

You have a good modem too. Just beware that if you want to install a external WiFi router, there will be some configuration needed. Hope you enjoy the service. I like mine.

Re: C! is good...

Hi, thanx 4 the response! It's been a couple of days & I RARELY have a Praise for ANY Company muchless Cable One, but I couldn't be more Satisfied with the Newer Modem & Speed! Here are my recent test speeds over the last few days
( »www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh···29&ria=0 ) I Archive Videos of ALL kinds but mainly focus on News & History b/c ours is so Distorted. I've had 5mb unlimited service for past 2yrs & it tied up my CPU alot! I mainly get all of them from YouTube & a few other sites & Congressional Vids are anywhere from 400mb to some being 2.5GB! With the new service I have to mainly D/L majority of it between 12pm-12am b/c they don't monitor that towards their (Not capped 300GB a Month but frown on it if you do limit) but it's not an issue! I D/L 35GB in 3hrs yesterday! I'm Extremely happy with it & will knock the roof off my normal Monthly Data D/L where just the last 6months averaged 425GB-575GB! I know.....I'm in that 1% who use the SH*T out of it & those vids ain't small! Gotta buy more External HD's! Well, with that said, have a GREAT One!

Boise, ID
You should block out or hide your IP address in your results picture.
Enjoy.

Re: C! is good...

Thank you 4 pointing out my mistake! That was pretty Ignorant of me, as I didn't @ the time even think about it! Mad props!

shilofax

join:2013-11-27
Long Beach, MS

Bleh.

I'm glad you some people with Cableone still get good service. I guess it's just my area, and the local office.

Haven't gotten close to the 50mb/s I pay for in months.

Re: Bleh.

Glad 4 the response! I'm really Amazed myself, to get any praise from me, you really gotta hold up your end! They have! I figured I might get somewhere around 25-35mb but here are my resents & also my iPad's pulling 20-23mb while I have main cpu d/ling & believe me, in just over a week, I'm upwards of 315gb already. I'll see if I can post the snapshots! Thanx

Re: Bleh.

Here's my Most Recent & believe me I've been testing it beyond what your average user would! Has SURPRISED me EVERYTIME! Here's the link ( »www.speedtest.net/result/3135444326.png )
P.S. I just read that Caption on the Image & it said "Faster than 71% of the U.S." WTF? Really? Awesome!!

Re: Bleh.

Went back & got a refreshed snapshot of results as the other was several days old!

Looks Good. Enjoy now.

Review by shilofax See Profile

• Location: Long Beach,Harrison,MS
Good "Used to be great, excellent service"
Bad "For the past two months, 7% packet loss"
Overall "Avoid like the plague"

I ordered the 50/2 package, I get about 30/1 on good days, sometimes worse.

I've been a customer for over 10 years, and I will be leaving them this month.

For the past two months, we have been dealing with 7% packet loss, and outages lasting hours. After 7 different calls to our local office, and the corporate office, nothing has been done to help correct this issue.

Comments:

BimmerE38FN

...

Too bad. C1 has been good for me for 10 years I've been with them. This is probably isolated to your are and needs someone to listen and come see what is going on. A tech should come out and test everything. Besides this is probably isolated to your area. Not everyone has this problem.

Review by lordpuffer See Profile

• Location: Rio Rancho,Sandoval,NM
Good "Nice, Fast Internet Now With Higher Caps"
Bad "Upload At 6mbps Max Is Too Slow"
Overall "Happy With The Service Except For The Upload Speed"

I called and ordered CableOne's 50mbps service when I moved over a week ago. CenturyLink also offers service at my new address, however, the fastest speed that they offer is 20mbps.

When I called in the order, the Rep put down the wrong date for the install, so I ended up having to push the date back by a day. The installer who came over was very courteous, professional and helpful. He ran a new cable from their equipment to my modem, since my existing cable was about 20 years old.

The speed is fast and pretty consistent. I get around 50/2 most of the time. I'm just concerned with the 100GB Cap. I'm not sure how much NetFlix I'll be watching in the near future.

UPDATE 6/29/13: No more 100GB Cap. I upgraded to their 70/2 plan. It's pricey at $100 per month (especially with the upload max of 2mbps), but I cut down on other things in my life. I get consistant speed test results around 70/2. I am very pleased.

UPDATE 11/14/13: CableOne raised the upload speed on the 70 down plan to up to 6mbps. That's great, but IMO, it's still too slow for how much I'm paying for Internet service.

member for 9.5 years, 2957 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Couriant

Netflix usage

As long as you don't stream in High Definition (which is about 1GB per hour), you should be fine. Good quality runs about .2GB per hour.

The Data Usage Calcuator should give you some idea of your potential usage as well as accessing your current data usage at www.mycableone.com - My Account Settings. The 24 hour technical help line (1-877-692-2253) can also assist in checking your usage.

jasonkradiog

Re: Netflix usage

Why should we have to call the number, or go online constantly to check our usage?? How about they just give us a much higher more reasonable cap?? We have the lowest cap of any ISP in the country other than the cell phone providers. That's ridiculous!

Re: Netflix usage

You should be checking at least the bandwidth usage as you are on a metered plan. Now I do know internet usage has changed in the last few years, perhaps there would some modifications in the future.

Just to give you an idea, Cox will shut you down after 250GB as a one time thing then if you go over the limit again, your disconnected completely. At least here you pay for any additional usage that you have agreed on in the terms and conditions.

dr3yec

join:2002-12-19

Re: Netflix usage

LOL, try to charge me for overages and I will be the first to jump ship. I watch all my TV online and I am not going to be told other wise. Your meters at best are a joke. Show me a certified meter outside my house calibrated by our local Govt., then I will use your meters. Until then cableone can blow me and I will keep using the net the way I want , or until cableone tries to charge me overages. Bottom line is cableone wants you to pay for there overpriced tv , which you can find all those channels online for free.

CB167

Re: Netflix usage

Ever since we started using netflix and hulu, we average about 220 GB a month.

100 GB is just waaay too low, and it's a joke to think that the modern family with internet TV can survive on 100GB.

Review by BimmerE38FN See Profile

• Location: Boise,Ada,ID
Good "Good over all services"
Bad "No IPv6, support as of yet."
Overall "Great ISP provider for general and gaming internet"

Been with them for years. Took them a while to get DOCSIS 3 going however eventually did late spring of 2011. Have had a few ISP outages and presume not more then others ISPs due to technical difficulties. Great ISP here in Idaho.

Just went from 50Gb cap limitation to 100Gb cap limitation for free. I was going over the 50Gb cap each month due to a new roommate addition to the house hold. Asked them about the cap sizes an said, we can up grade you no problem. I asked how much? Free they said. Done deal.

CableOne has been great service for me. Works great for general Internet and gaming, specially with a Motorola SB 6 series modem I have. Great service.

UPDATE: 08/06/2013

C1 updated there tier Internet cable packages. Now they offer 50/60/70Mb down speeds however only 2Mb Up-link speeds are seen across the board. Not worthy of upgrading to 60 or 70 unless they can provide Up-link speeds higher than 2Mb IMO. Come on C1, Lets get into faster Up-link speeds.

UPDATE: 10/20/2013

I think C1 updated there UP link speeds from 2Mb to 3Mb possibly with out saying anything. I've noticed on my routers speeds tests and speed sites, I'm getting over 3mb on the up on results. Possible that my email to them after they updated there Tier pricing regarding cost vs upgrades on the UP Link and speed packages and didn't show any speed upgrades on the UP Links, maybe they decided to afford giving 3Mb on the UP. Nice C1, Nice and thank you very much. Will see if this is official or not. Any one else notice 3Mb on the UP?

member for 11.6 years, 689 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

dr3yec

join:2002-12-19

OK

You must be new to cableone , it wont take long for you to change your mind about cableone.
Bigsease303

join:2004-08-18
Sherman, TX

Re: OK

I have been with Cableone for about 6 years now in Sherman, TX and have never had a problem. I always get more speed then I pay for and I cant remember the last time my service went down.

derlik

@cableone.net
my internet drops out everynight,and im in idaho, cant wait for a new provider

·CableOne

No big problems with C1...

Never had a daily drop or any issues with C1. On occasion there have been a few drops, there at fault. I recommend that you have your ISP check the cabling going to the ISP modem, check signal levels going to the ISP modem. Check for t.v. line splitters and remove them as they can introduce noise on the line and lower the signal going to the ISP modem. Connecting to the ISP modem could result in a false positive as the signal to the modem could be just enough to that point then adding on a router, could see problems. The router operation is dependent upon getting good data flow from the ISP modem and the modem is dependent upon getting good signal from the ISP Service.

These can also be issues of bad internet services.

I have been with C1 since 2003 I think.

Boise, ID

Re: No big problems with C1...

I noticed a 1Mb increase on the UP Link speed. Now at 3Mb. Thank you C1. Still love C1 for an ISP.

@spcsdns.net

Problems

The first day I had cable one installed, I had to have 2 service techs out. Since then, I've had to have several techs out. Why don't I go with another company? Cable one pays my city to be the only cable company in town. Really???!!!!!

Re: Problems

Not sure. Maybe bad HW on the ISP side or techs don't know what they are doing or could be that your neighborhood is congested with other cable one users. Be sure to install a Motorola SB 6 series modem. They work well.

Re: Problems

Nope, now the cable box is turning itself off after about 5 mins of viewing. It will not turn back on until after about 30 mins. This along with all of the other instances I've had service techs out since I established service in September, I'm sick of Cableone!!!!!!

Boise, ID
Ya, need to contact them. Ask for level 2 or 3 tier support. Good Luck.

Thanks