CableOne page on DSLReports

Review by Carol See Profile

• Location: Prescott Valley,Yavapai,AZ
Good "Always on and FAST!"
Bad "Cable TV required"
Overall "Good value for reliable connection"

Renting Motorola SB4200 SURFBoard Cable Modem

Getting consistent promised speeds (3000/300 -- actual = 2889/266 kbps avg.)

Install tech wouldn't stay to be sure the line was even live let alone working. :/

member for 13.4 years, 2838 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by lol2004 See Profile

• Location: Fargo,Cass,ND
Good "good servies, good speed and good Tech Support"
Bad "$50 a month"
Overall "nothing"

i like them now

member for 10.6 years, 415 visits, last login: 7.9 years ago

Comments:

Review by rtd2 See Profile

• Location: Biloxi,Harrison,MS
Good "steady connection (that was just given a boost at no extra charge)"
Bad "havent had it long enough to expierience anything bad!"
Overall "excellent value! and coice of packages"

called on friday morning and service was install same day with a 49.99 installation charge.... got locals only ( 13channels) and high speed internet for 47.00 a month.... use dish for premium channels..... thanks cablone for rolling out the locals channel! so far A++++

Comments:

Review by Bobgulliver See Profile

• Location: Joplin,Jasper,MO
Good "Fast; no outages; excellent service"
Bad "CAN'T HOST ANY SERVERS!!!"
Overall "Good, but not if you are wanting to host a server."

I ordered 1000/200. About three weeks ago, Cable-One upgraded us to 3000/300 for FREE!

The only really bad part is this:
"You may not run a server in connection with the CableOne.Net residential service, .... Examples of prohibited uses include, but are not limited to, running servers for mail (pop3 & smtp), http, https, ftp, irc, dhcp and multi-user interactive forums."
( »www.cableone.com/internet/cmaup.asp )

Overall, I get pings of about 60 ms to most servers, and get around 2900 kbits/sec download. Faster than T1!

Since we had an existing cable-tv connection, we were able to get CableOne Internet set up in just a day or so. It took us a couple more days to get the cable hooked up here where the computer is, but that wasn't CableOne's fault, and we did it ourselves.

Tech support is awesome; they answer our problems in about 6 minutes. During peak times of the day we have to hold for about 10 minutes, but that's alright.

Pre-sales info was awesome, they told us everything we needed to know.

If we had ordered T1 (slower) we would have expected $200-400 a month. CableOne internet is only 39.99 a month, and less if you have CableOne TV!

Our connection has only had three problems. Two of those were due to some short in the cable wiring at our house. The last one was because they tell you to use "Get DNS servers automatically" but that wouldn't work for us, and they didn't tell us when they changed the DNS servers.

They allow you to rent a cable modem for $5 a month I think. We bought one from BestBuy.

Comments:

Review by jporter07 See Profile

• Location: Moss Point,Jackson,MS
Good "Great speed, nice people at local office"
Bad "No Comedy Central!!!!!"
Overall "expensive, but nothing else available"

I live about 8 miles from my CO so DSL was not an option. We had satellite service with Dish Network, but we were paying about $105/month for satellite and not really getting that much.

I decided to get CableOne and I was able to get Full Digital Cable, HBO, 2 Digital Cable Boxes and 1000down/200up Cable Modem Service for $110/month including tax. Ordering was a breeze and the installater came out 3 days later and had me up in about 30 minutes. However, the same day CableOne had a cable modem outage that started at 9:30p.m. CST and wasn't back up when I went to bed at 12a.m. To their credit though, I have not had any problems since then (about two weeks since installation)

My biggest complaint though is that CableOne Pascagoula does not carry Comedy Central (which is my favorite channel) or a UPN affiliate. I have been requesting Comedy Central for years and they always give the same BS answers at the main office. It would be better if they just said they had no plans to carry it.

Bellsouth is supposedly installing DSL repeaters in the switchbox which is less than 2000 ft from my house. If they do that I will definetly be going to DSL and getting DirecTV with HBO for $49.99 and DSL for $39.99.

Otherwise the service is exactly as advertised, and although the price is high, it's acceptable for a rural area.

04/14/04 UPDATE
Cableone has raised our download speed to 3000kbs and upload speed to 300kbs without a price increase! That's awesome, I'm testing around that but not quite at it (2500kbs/278kbs)

4/26/04 UPDATE
Well I'm 30 days out and so far the service has been great. It has not gone down since that one time and I have not experienced any slow downs.

08/28/04 UPDATE 5 month update
Well the service has been great. It hasn't gone down once when I've used (8pm-12a.m.) I'm really really pleased with the quality of the service.

member for 10.6 years, 492 visits, last login: 3.4 years ago

Comments:

Review by Tarod See Profile

• Location: Ada,Pontotoc,OK
Good "Great Reliability, Good Service, Speed as Advertised"
Bad "none so far"
Overall "Price listed is with excellent cable package as well."
(ratings well above consensus)

Great provider, price listed with cable tv, 65 basic, 22 digital, 11 HBO, 44 music channels

Comments:

Review by jdub83 See Profile

• Location: Roswell,Chaves,NM
Good "speed increased to 3mbps, price stayed the same"
Bad "need faster upload"
Overall "now that the speeds are better, excellent internet"

Comments:

Review by archer101 See Profile

• Location: Page,Coconino,AZ
Good "exactly 1 meg speed advertised and tech support is great"
Bad "wish they would offer higher speed at cheaper price then 100 bucks"
Overall "Great deal for areas that are limited by choice"

Cableone finally started internet service in Page Arizona. Page is a small town of 8,000 on the shore of Lake Powell and 135 miles from the closest town of 60,000 Flagstaff. We are about as rural as you can get. They have busted ass trying to get the service going here. Much of the effort has got to be given to the local manager.
Page has 3 other isp's that offer wireless at 60 bucks for 256 and you are lucky to get 100kbps on a good day. I tried all three with a cost of 300-150 setup fee.
This cable smokes and they have a OS-3 in bandwidth for Page. It should be great for years.

Cableone is not as expensive as advertised with the 89 a month fee which includes digital cable, 2 receivers, cable modem and 1 meg internet service.
No contract and no limits set on downloads and uploads as Cox cable has.

Cox in Phoenix has a 2 gig a day download limit and 7 1/2 a week upload.
Big deal you run at 2 megs for a couple hours and get capped. Its like the tortoise and the hare.

Great deal for a small town.

member for 11.8 years, 82 visits, last login: 10.5 years ago

Comments:

Review by logitech See Profile

• Location: Wichita,Sedgwick,KS
Good "Really Nice Speeds at this point"
Bad "Nothing bad to say"
Overall "I need to upgrade with you all to your t1 services"

Well all i have to say is you all done very well ... here is the spead test i have from another spot .. and i like it alot ! ....

Status:
Test completed...
Bandwidth = 1390.6 Kbps

Im sorry i cant pass the fact up that its so nice to have the speed .. sometimes it slows down but from what i see its really nice !!!!! thanks you all

Comments:

Review by josh156 See Profile

• Location: Boise,Ada,ID
Good "Not that expensive and yet you get same features as aol etc. no contract."
Bad "Nothing really except you could still complain about price."
Overall "Great service, best in Boise!"

I love it I have it hooked up to a router wireless with two laptops I get great speed basically what promised. They gave me 7 email accounts with like 6 mb each. I dont use all the email but i can only have 3 things on net which as I said earlier I do. I also have 20 mbs of web space that has come in handy. Tech support is helpful and polite out of five times I have called only once was it slow. I like the setup to i drove to there headquarters in 10 minutes was home 20 minutes later and in half hour online. I like that it doesnt tie up my phone line and all although do to the fact I have many cable lines and there is bad weather here I have had some issues: once it went out i called tech support and the had a guy there the next day so that was great and its not really there fault. Just yesterday it went out again due to bad weather 8 hrs later it was back up. I highly recommend it just as good as say aol but cheaper great service and no contracts. i was given for 5 dollars a month lease of a motorola cable modem so without that its only 40$ a month you can also pay your bill online.