CableOne page on DSLReports

Review by Gem See Profile

Good "Very nice folks in local office and excellent installers."
Bad "Slow ping rates - often 200ms or higher"
Overall "Overpriced and declining service quality"

Cable one seems to me to have cut back drastically (imo) on the availability of technical assistance when we have service issues with their cable TV, Internet, or Phone services. Now it seems that they have little or no technical assistance "after normal hours" or on weekends or on holidays.

The web page for configuring our services and accounts on line frequently has not fully worked for us. Long load times and often a "Sorry, that is not available now" or words to that effect notice pops up saying "try again later" or again - words to that effect.

This used to be a much better company than what we are experiencing now.

member for 8.6 years, 3209 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by shilofax See Profile

• Location: Long Beach,Harrison,MS
Good "Used to be great, excellent service"
Bad "For the past two months, 7% packet loss"
Overall "Avoid like the plague"

I ordered the 50/2 package, I get about 30/1 on good days, sometimes worse.

I've been a customer for over 10 years, and I will be leaving them this month.

For the past two months, we have been dealing with 7% packet loss, and outages lasting hours. After 7 different calls to our local office, and the corporate office, nothing has been done to help correct this issue.

Comments:

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
·CableOne

...

Too bad. C1 has been good for me for 10 years I've been with them. This is probably isolated to your are and needs someone to listen and come see what is going on. A tech should come out and test everything. Besides this is probably isolated to your area. Not everyone has this problem.

Review by Le Roy See Profile

• Location: Biloxi,Harrison,MS
Good "You call this broadband?"
Bad "Unreliable service"
Overall "Only get Cable One if you have NO other options."

I've been a Cable One subscriber since 2008. Recently their service has sucked (the past 6 months) so bad that I get disconnected on an hourly basis most days. Tonight, 3:50AM and I've been disconnected about 10 times since midnight. Completely unacceptable. ATT offers a 6Mb connection (I'm currently paying for a 10Mb from Cable One) and 6Mb 24/7 is better and faster than 10 Mb whenever it wants to work.

Comments:

Review by 5statemobile

• Location: Ponca City,Kay,OK
Good "After months, they finally got it working"
Bad "Horrible service that is not dependable"
Overall "Stick with DSL, it may not be the fastest, but at least its reliable"

After 2 days of going to their office, modem being exchanged 3 times,
and three service trucks today, they finally got the speed up. We'll see
how long this lasts..... I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but am not
really optimistic based on a year of experience.

lodged 1 year ago

• Location: Ponca City,Kay,OK
Good "Nice, Slick TV Commercials"
Bad "Both TV and Cablemodem suck"
Overall "Your better off with Telco DSL"

What CableOne advertises and what it provides don't even come close to
the truth. The cablemodem service is horrible. The costs is sky high.
Actually, I'm going back to DSL from the phone company. The poor service
and worse speed from CableOne just isn't worth it. Yesterday, during off
peak hours I got the fantastic speed of 45kbs download. That's dialup !
The city I live in provides free WiFii service. While my CableOne modem
was giving me 45kbs, my free City WiFii was giving 160+kbs. Pathetic!

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:
Couriant

join:2012-10-29
Peoria, AZ

Still getting the slow speeds?

Did you check with technicial support to find the cause? If it's a modem issue that they provide, they will replace it for free.

Good "There ain't none"
Bad "Is Really Bad"
Overall "Your better off with Telco DSL"

Seems like with Cable One, no matter what you pay you still get rotten
service. I'm on their 50Mbps service. What a joke!

• Location: Ponca City,Kay,OK
Good "Nice, Slick TV Commercials"
Bad "TV Commercials Aren't for What I Got"
Overall "Better than DSL, But Not By Much"

Not dependable - lots of outages during daytime - some for three and
four hours.

Speed fluctuates wildly. Best time to use CableOne DSL is after midnight
or 1 AM.

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:
Couriant

join:2012-10-29
Peoria, AZ

Speed Loss / Connection Issue

If you haven't so already with our national technicial support center, I would like to check your connection so please message me through here or if you feel uncomfortable to message me, please contact us at 1-877-692-2253, 24 hours a day. If your speeds are not close to the speeds you are paying for, we can look at your account to find out what is causing it.

Review by sheureka See Profile

• Location: Bisbee,Cochise,AZ
Good "Speeds are reasonable (and the fastest available at 5MBPS)"
Bad "Unable to use video chat, google voice, etc."
Overall "Useless for me - I'm leaving ASAP"

I switched from Qwest, which had much slower speeds but seemed more reliable. It worked great for video calls and google voice. I can't get either one to work with CableOne. I've tried to contact them for help but just spend a lot of time on hold, which I can't afford because I only have a cellphone. The "ask a question/tech support form" on their website doesn't work, so I'm stuck with having to try to call. I'm used to using very few cellphone minutes and only google voice from home but no one can understand me since the switch. I'm switching back as soon as I can (I have to save up some money for the install).

member for 11.5 years, 2380 visits, last login: 1.8 years ago

Comments:

wired4life

@cableone.net

CableOne raising monthly rate to $50

I just got an account notification from CableOne stating the service (5MB $43 a month) is now going up to $50 a month. No added features, just bend over and take it.

I talked with my local office and all they could muster up is trying to sell me a package deal. I've been with them for seven years now and they don't care at all. I told them there are at least three or four providers that could beat there speeds and prices.

I'm going to CenturyLink....see ya CableNone!

mgcman

@96.18.0.x

Re: CableOne raising monthly rate to $50

In N. Texas they habitually talk to you like you're a computer illiterate child. Their automated recordings (not even a real person any longer) will tell you: "Unplug, wait 30 sec., plug back in...It must be your wireless router, you're not standing on one foot and patting your head right". Sad. They have NEVER admitted they are to blame for lost connections for days yet after some time everything magically works again. Hmm, must not have been on my end after all. As soon as I move they can collect money from those that are left. If they ever get competition, they will just move to another part of the country. Forget visiting the Sherman, TX office in person. They have got smart and closed it to the public period.

Review by SSJ4GOGETA21 See Profile

• Location: Fargo,Cass,ND
Bad "Not always fast, it lags a lot of the time for being 50 Mbps, 50 GB limit per month or you get overage charges"
Overall "If I had Midcontinent in my area that is who I would go through"

This company is not the greatest, I would not have them unless they were the ONLY viable option in your area,

Comments:

Told ya so

@twtelecom.net

Get ya there faster

It's all about the money. They allegedly give you a 50 meg connection but give you a 50 G cap Watching a few movies or gaming will undoubtedly get you there fast. Cable One can't sufficiently keep the 50 meg users happy. Old cable plant and lack of fiber build will eventually hurt. Cable TV has limits and bonding of channels takes away from cable TV channels available. The company really doesn't care about the customer all they care about is the money in the long run.

Review by BLITTZIN See Profile

• Location: Sherman,Grayson,TX
Bad "I'll let the screenshot do the talking."
Overall "I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy."

No help when line techs come out. Slap an attenuator on and that will fix 95 percent packet loss. Uh No it won't! Email to me from cable1 said We looked into your modem and can see that it loses connectivity. There are no issues reported in you area. I wrote back this email and screenshots of this choking packet loss isn't a report of an issue? Search THIS is messed up, for screenshots of what must be almost record packet loss. Sadly where I live it's Cable1 or Verizon 1meg. 50 meg plan I get 8 if lucky. Motorola sb 6150. The bad was no help and line techs walking in never checking anything putting an attenuator on my line and leaving. All the things people say are true. I'm just being throttled. 2 year Tv and internet agreement. Seriously considering buying out of the contract. Terrible quality of service.

Comments:

mcmikey

@96.18.147.x

Horrible connectivity

I recently switched from DSL to Cableone internet (50mbps service). It is atrocious. Page load times range from a few seconds to 60+ seconds and regular "timeouts." Constant lost connection (literally every few seconds), interspersed with blazing fast download speeds (according to speedtest.net - averaging over 40mbps when connected). I will probably be forced to go back to DSL. Their tech support is useless.
BLITTZIN

join:2011-10-23
Sherman, TX

Re: Horrible connectivity

They are really really bad here too. I had 7 megs dsl and I lost my mom early this year I inherited this house. I called verizon to put the account in my name they turned the phone and internet off for 3 days ???? and when the called me they informed me my line all of a sudden didn't qualify for more than 1 meg. So I turned to cable1 and it's a nightmare. It's verizon or cable1 here. Sad when they know you have little or no recourse. It shows. I would ride them til they fix it. I'm not done with em'. Good luck .......