CableOne page on DSLReports

Review by BimmerE38FN See Profile

• Location: Boise,Ada,ID
Good "Good over all services"
Bad "No IPv6, support as of yet."
Overall "Great ISP provider for general and gaming internet"

Been with them for years. Took them a while to get DOCSIS 3 going however eventually did late spring of 2011. Have had a few ISP outages and presume not more then others ISPs due to technical difficulties. Great ISP here in Idaho.

Just went from 50Gb cap limitation to 100Gb cap limitation for free. I was going over the 50Gb cap each month due to a new roommate addition to the house hold. Asked them about the cap sizes an said, we can up grade you no problem. I asked how much? Free they said. Done deal.

CableOne has been great service for me. Works great for general Internet and gaming, specially with a Motorola SB 6 series modem I have. Great service.

UPDATE: 08/06/2013

C1 updated there tier Internet cable packages. Now they offer 50/60/70Mb down speeds however only 2Mb Up-link speeds are seen across the board. Not worthy of upgrading to 60 or 70 unless they can provide Up-link speeds higher than 2Mb IMO. Come on C1, Lets get into faster Up-link speeds.

UPDATE: 10/20/2013

I think C1 updated there UP link speeds from 2Mb to 3Mb possibly with out saying anything. I've noticed on my routers speeds tests and speed sites, I'm getting over 3mb on the up on results. Possible that my email to them after they updated there Tier pricing regarding cost vs upgrades on the UP Link and speed packages and didn't show any speed upgrades on the UP Links, maybe they decided to afford giving 3Mb on the UP. Nice C1, Nice and thank you very much. Will see if this is official or not. Any one else notice 3Mb on the UP?

member for 11.9 years, 820 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

dr3yec

join:2002-12-19

OK

You must be new to cableone , it wont take long for you to change your mind about cableone.
Bigsease303

join:2004-08-18
Sherman, TX

Re: OK

I have been with Cableone for about 6 years now in Sherman, TX and have never had a problem. I always get more speed then I pay for and I cant remember the last time my service went down.

derlik

@cableone.net
my internet drops out everynight,and im in idaho, cant wait for a new provider

·CableOne

No big problems with C1...

Never had a daily drop or any issues with C1. On occasion there have been a few drops, there at fault. I recommend that you have your ISP check the cabling going to the ISP modem, check signal levels going to the ISP modem. Check for t.v. line splitters and remove them as they can introduce noise on the line and lower the signal going to the ISP modem. Connecting to the ISP modem could result in a false positive as the signal to the modem could be just enough to that point then adding on a router, could see problems. The router operation is dependent upon getting good data flow from the ISP modem and the modem is dependent upon getting good signal from the ISP Service.

These can also be issues of bad internet services.

I have been with C1 since 2003 I think.

Boise, ID

Re: No big problems with C1...

I noticed a 1Mb increase on the UP Link speed. Now at 3Mb. Thank you C1. Still love C1 for an ISP.

@spcsdns.net

Problems

The first day I had cable one installed, I had to have 2 service techs out. Since then, I've had to have several techs out. Why don't I go with another company? Cable one pays my city to be the only cable company in town. Really???!!!!!

Re: Problems

Not sure. Maybe bad HW on the ISP side or techs don't know what they are doing or could be that your neighborhood is congested with other cable one users. Be sure to install a Motorola SB 6 series modem. They work well.

Re: Problems

Nope, now the cable box is turning itself off after about 5 mins of viewing. It will not turn back on until after about 30 mins. This along with all of the other instances I've had service techs out since I established service in September, I'm sick of Cableone!!!!!!

Boise, ID
Ya, need to contact them. Ask for level 2 or 3 tier support. Good Luck.

Thanks

Review by John Patrick See Profile

• Location: Sioux City,Woodbury,IA
Good "Up and running in hours when using my own modem."
Bad "None been with them for years great service."
Overall "Best in the Tri-State area"

On the 50Mbps/3Mbps. Very low down time and rock solid connection low pings very easy to stream YouTube videos or Netflix. I always recommend to family and friends to dump Century link and get Cable One. Also buy your own modem preferably Motorola brand, will save some money in the long run instead of renting from Cable One.

member for 13.2 years, 4855 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

dale avant

No internet service

My name is Dale Avant, I am a partner in Quad A inc, we use Cable One internet service at a store we own doing check cashing, money sending, etc.. The night of 6/10/2013 1:30 am Cable One had an outage I understand that does happen. The employees, at our location 1821 Andrews Hwy., began calling Cable One at 7:30 am find out when the internet might be working. They called later in the day and were told the internet was working on Cable One's side. We tried unpluging & replugging the moden, the router, & the switch. We had no luck. During this time we were unable to send or receive money make money orders do our daily buisness. I drove 60 miles after they had no luck & began checking wires plugs you name it. I then open the router and began checking settings. I pay extra for a static ip. I was unable to ping the public ip , but I was able to ping the gateway. We had changed nothing for 3 weeks on the router I had replaced it and all worked well untill 06/10/2013 at 1:30am. I finally changed the public ip to dhcp the internet came right up. I decided the problem was the static ip was not registering. I called Cable One at 1:30 am 06/11/2013 and spoke with a tech #1112 ticket# 13710605. The tech told me it was my router I assurred her it was not my router as it had been working fine untill 1:30am 6/10/2013. The tech assurred me it was the router and in fact she was right. We found the mac address was not the one that was registered to the public ip. I want to know if this was so important why did my router work for 3 weeks. I saw the mac address was not correct then was told it may take up to 24 hours more to register the new mac address. I told the tech I was going to tell Cable One the tech did stay with me and not quit, but I am still here with no connection to my bank and the tech was unable to help me I was just out of luck. I just feel like we had already been down for a day the tech should have been able to fix this issue. Thank you for taking time to read my comment.
Dale Avant

wayne

@qwest.net

cable one internet is a joke

I would like to post here that cable one has issues also they like to gouge there customers on there internet. yes cable one gives you 300gb a month and also 50mb speed but they took away the
12:00am to 8:00am option where your not monitored. the fact is there still doing the same ol way that they do business screw the customers. I have nothing positive to say about Cable One..

Review by Pashune See Profile

• Location: Gautier,Jackson,MS
Good "Really fast and reliable; Better than AT&T"
Bad "300 GB isn't as much as it once was."
Overall "Fast and reliable but the caps really need to be increased.."

1/12/14

I'm now on the 50/3 tier using my SB6180 modem. Same price, increased upload speed, same cap.

I've run into a problem though.. It's becoming increasingly difficult to stay under that 300 GB soft-cap. As I have friends visit every weekend, it's not unheard of to download 15 or maybe even 20 GB in a single day. Crunchyroll, Netflix, Youtube, you name it. It all adds up especially when you don't have basic TV service despite nearly everything we watch can't be found on TV, so figure that one out. Everything is becoming more connected to the internet and more data is consumed as a result.

I've broken the cap twice; once at 304 GB.. 2nd time around 354 GB. After the 3rd time they'll supposedly force me to a higher tier. =\

My speeds have been fantastic, no real issues to speak of except for the cap. I'm hoping they raise it sooner or later; I can't justify (or really afford) the cost of paying $75 for internet just for a 100 GB increase and 60/4 speeds at this time.

6/18/13

Upgraded from 10 meg to the new 50/2 tier with 300 GB softcap, although I'm still on a old D2 single-channel modem (50 meg requires D3) as of writing this post I'm regularly hitting 25-30 mbits/sec down on speed tests + 2.5 mbit upload which indicates that the node in my area is far from saturated. Reliability as always is top notch with CableOne in my area. Very few problems have been encountered other than lightning striking my backyard (shorted out tap) and a bizarre throttling issue that has long since been corrected over a year ago. EDIT: Got the new modem; SB6180. See images

I can't recommend them enough if your area is well managed like mine.

10/07/10

Upgraded from 5 meg to 10 meg because of how often I keep hitting the 5 meg 2 gb threshold cap. Needless to say... there was a huge improvement after updating my service package. I was trying my hardest to hit the cap through casual downloading and watching videos online.. along with other users on my network.. but I never really hit it until a few minutes before 12 am. Even then, I was still getting 5 meg standard speeds so it was still very fast. Though, I did have to call tech. support to send the new configuration file to my modem as the sales rep. was unable to do so.

My area doesn't seem to have any kind of capacity issues either; I get a little over 10 megs on speakeasy and close to 10 megs on speedtest.net; also getting my full upstream speeds. Kudos Cableone!

03/03/10

A few strange outages happened last month but they were bearable for the most part; the worst one lasting a few hours. Who knows what was going on that sunny day. I've yet to have another storm-related outage since the one last summer. Still getting my full 5 meg speeds @ 5500 kbits down and 555 kbits up according to speakeasy.net.

Looks like my stats took some sort of hammering after the last outage though:

Downstream
Freq/Power: 549.000 MHz 8 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio: 37 dB
Modulation: QAM256
Upstream
Freq/Power: 29.000 MHz 44 dBmV
Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA)
Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec
Modulation: QAM16

Still works like normal on the bright side. No lag, etc.

10/23/09

I monitor my bandwidth records every day to make sure no one in my house hold has gone crazy downloading stuff; it's only happened once or twice, but I still like to check now and then since I'm typically a heavy downloader.

The AUP says if you download greater than 3 gb for more than half of your billing cycle your service may be terminated or suspended without warning. Does this mean the 3 gb daily cap applies to a 24-hour period or between the hours of 12 pm-12 am?

It makes no sense! They call it a daily threshold cap. I brought up this issue because their bandwidth management records for my account are very much messed up. Ex., my bandwidth usage for yesterday was around 1,700 mb or so. Well within 3 gb, right? Well, I check it again 3-4 hours later and it zoomed up to 3,729 mb. Can ANYONE out there explain this phenomenon? The CableOne forums are a nearly dead source of information since the ISP is so small and I'm pretty sure tech. support won't provide an explanation for it.. then again, I'd rather not give them idea of terminating my account anyway.

One anonymous user claimed that the 3 gb daily cap only applies during the monitoring threshold cap period, which would be between 12 pm - 12 am; he also claimed that monitoring has been lifted for weekends, but another user proved otherwise. It makes no sense...

Long story short:

Speeds are still great; up time is excellent; but the caps have me confused and worried that my connection may be terminated.

08/06/09

I signed up with CableOne once again recently, but this time I chose their triple play package (VoIP, cable tv, internet)

My speeds are ABOVE their rated speeds (5 mbit) when being tested on Speakeasy.net (5300 kbps; 555 kbps upstream). CableOne once again brings the service I came looking for. As for those periodic outages a few months back.. they were simply "periodic", that's it.

The cable installers were baffled at the setup outside of my home (Which I did NOT do) and had to install an access box and replace the 30 year old drop going to my home, even though it worked perfectly fine last time I used cableone.

The installers seemed kind of lazy about the installation, but it wasn't anything too bad. The older guy knew what he was doing.. the younger guy.. not so much.

The modem is an Arris Touchstone Telephony Modem. I'm using a DI-604 D-link router with a Netgear WAP connected to it.

The modem stats? Even BETTER than what I had last time!

Downstream
Freq/Power: 549.000 MHz 9 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio: 41 dB
Modulation: QAM256
Upstream
Freq/Power: 29.000 MHz 39 dBmV
Channel Type: DOCSIS 1.x (TDMA)
Symbol Rate: 2560 kSym/sec
Modulation: QAM16

That upstream is pretty low.. but as long as it's working, I'm not complaining at all. In fact, doesn't a lower upstream mean a good thing?

Aside from the cost, threshold caps, etc., thumbs up to CableOne.

06/05/09
------------
What happened, CableOne? I know summer is supposed to the climax for bandwidth usage, but the problem I (or in my neighborhood, everyone, according to their modem stats) am experiencing is a complete, temporary disconnection. I was expecting less than stellar speeds as soon as school was out, but not loss of modem sync. This isn't supposed to be DSL! The modem loses sync anywhere from 5 minutes-5 hours. This happens around 10 pm-6 am. I'm speculating that a cable amp may be dieing out nearby, but if it's affecting everyone in my vicinity, could something else be going on? I also acknowledge that cable amps need to be adjusted during the summer, but for 3 days in a row? The time where I use the internet the most, and it disconnects on me.

Typically, I'd temporary use my neighbor's wireless router if my connection was down, but like I said in the beginning of this update: This affects everyone in my local vicinity. (except for DSL customers)

Like I've said in the past; no lag, very consistent speeds, but now I'm just losing sync entirely during the later hours (and so are my neighbors). This has been going on for 3 days.. and I hope it ends already. 3 days may not be so bad, but if this goes on for another week or so, I don't know what I'll do. DSL was just as bad in my area, if not a little worse. WISP? Forget it. I'll move out of Gautier, MS, before I pay $70 per month for 1 mbit wireless access.

Old update:
==========
I ordered CableOne's Residential Plus 3 mbit package 2 days ago and acquired internet service today. The tech was great. He seemed to be VERY experienced with his job and on top of that, we were able to carry on a hilarious conversation. He had to go through a few Motorola Surfboard modems to find one that would work but in the end all was well.

The modem is a Motorola Surfboard SB5101. It is connected to a Zyxel 802.11g 4-port router/switch.

As for line stats, everything looks great:

Downstream Value
Frequency 549000000 Hz
Signal To Noise Ratio: 40.8 dB
Power Level 6.5 dBmV

Upstream Value
Channel ID 2
Frequency 32000000 Hz
Power 41.0 dBmV

Both upstream and downstream speeds are perfect. Speakeasy tests download around 3270 kbits downstream and 305 kbits upstream. Compared to the previous AT&T DSL service that I had, this is a godsend. I would recommend CableOne to ANYONE who is struggling with a poor, attenuated DSL line in their localized area.

My only real complaint is the bandwidth caps which halve your speed between 12 pm - 12 am if you download more than 1.3 GB on my speed package. I have no problem with this.. at least until I need more speed. =p

In short, I am very pleased so far.

member for 8.3 years, 3464 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Carl
join:2004-07-21
Opelousas, LA

Good to see that you're rid of AT&T, buddy!

Re: :)

I got rid of them a looooooooooooong time ago, lol. U-verse is pushing up to 18 mbit speeds in my area now but I'm not switching.

My cable plan is actually still cheaper than what they have to offer.

Carl
join:2004-07-21
Opelousas, LA

Re: :)

I wouldn't believe that 18Mbps claim at all, given that they could barely deliver 1.5!

Re: :)

Hahah yeah, there really is a new RT about a mile away though so I'd expect a little improvement despite being on 24/26 ga wiring.

I'd never go back with them though. Even their techs are incompetent. I see DSL as something that's just way too sensitive to any kind of interference and with all the problems I've had with it (including other people I know), I can't bear the thought of going back. My father is facing random disconnects despite being really close to the nearest RT and getting full sync speeds.. they haven't been able to fix it at all. He's aggravated as all hell, lol.

CableOne techs almost always shows up the same day; I have to wait like a week with AT&T.. and now that service is exactly $50 per month without modem leasing, I think the choice is pretty clear.

Review by icu8124me See Profile

• Location: Jacksonville,Calhoun,AL
Good "So Far...AWESOME!"
Bad "Haven't had one yet"
Overall "Currently Testing it. Just installed. So Far So Good!"

I'm currently trying it out now. Literally! So I'll update this in a few days to let everyone know more in detail. Instillation was done myself as all I did was go from a SB5100 Surfboard Cable Modem to the new one that is SBG6580 Surfboard Cable Modem that says will be 50mb of service! Speed test was 1st thing I did & here's the link (»www.speedtest.net/my-result/3118005489) and it's advertised as promised clocking at (52.24DL & 3.15UL) so me like! That's all for now, but I will update, if any questions, hit me up! later!

**My Update as of Today (12.20.13) And am Fully Satisfied! Everytime I Tested my Speed, it's been a consistent (50-53mb) of Download Speed & I attached my Current Month Usage Since Upgrade! Most B4 the Upgrade was about (450-500GB) & this was 600+ So yes, 1st time EVER for ANY service I have nothing but PRAISE for it! Ever have ANY questions, feel free to ask! Peace Out

Comments:

BimmerE38FN

C! is good...

I think you'll like it. They just upped the UL speed from 2Mb to 3Mb.

You have a good modem too. Just beware that if you want to install a external WiFi router, there will be some configuration needed. Hope you enjoy the service. I like mine.

Re: C! is good...

Hi, thanx 4 the response! It's been a couple of days & I RARELY have a Praise for ANY Company muchless Cable One, but I couldn't be more Satisfied with the Newer Modem & Speed! Here are my recent test speeds over the last few days
( »www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh···29&ria=0 ) I Archive Videos of ALL kinds but mainly focus on News & History b/c ours is so Distorted. I've had 5mb unlimited service for past 2yrs & it tied up my CPU alot! I mainly get all of them from YouTube & a few other sites & Congressional Vids are anywhere from 400mb to some being 2.5GB! With the new service I have to mainly D/L majority of it between 12pm-12am b/c they don't monitor that towards their (Not capped 300GB a Month but frown on it if you do limit) but it's not an issue! I D/L 35GB in 3hrs yesterday! I'm Extremely happy with it & will knock the roof off my normal Monthly Data D/L where just the last 6months averaged 425GB-575GB! I know.....I'm in that 1% who use the SH*T out of it & those vids ain't small! Gotta buy more External HD's! Well, with that said, have a GREAT One!

Boise, ID
You should block out or hide your IP address in your results picture.
Enjoy.

Re: C! is good...

Thank you 4 pointing out my mistake! That was pretty Ignorant of me, as I didn't @ the time even think about it! Mad props!

shilofax

join:2013-11-27
Long Beach, MS

Bleh.

I'm glad you some people with Cableone still get good service. I guess it's just my area, and the local office.

Haven't gotten close to the 50mb/s I pay for in months.

Re: Bleh.

Glad 4 the response! I'm really Amazed myself, to get any praise from me, you really gotta hold up your end! They have! I figured I might get somewhere around 25-35mb but here are my resents & also my iPad's pulling 20-23mb while I have main cpu d/ling & believe me, in just over a week, I'm upwards of 315gb already. I'll see if I can post the snapshots! Thanx

Re: Bleh.

Here's my Most Recent & believe me I've been testing it beyond what your average user would! Has SURPRISED me EVERYTIME! Here's the link ( »www.speedtest.net/result/3135444326.png )
P.S. I just read that Caption on the Image & it said "Faster than 71% of the U.S." WTF? Really? Awesome!!

Re: Bleh.

Went back & got a refreshed snapshot of results as the other was several days old!

Looks Good. Enjoy now.

Review by StevenP88 See Profile

• Location: Kirksville,Adair,MO
Good "Relaible, Extremely FAST, Same day appointments,Local support,Great tech and customer support"
Overall "Price,Speed,Relaible, AWESOME Customer & Technical Support, Highly recommend them if they are in your area!!"

I have Cable One Business Office Plan,Which I use at my home, which is 60 MBps Download & 3 MBps upload, I pay 104 per month, I have unlimited usage (no caps), 3 year contract, 1 Static IP, Free Web Hosting and 50 E-Mail Address's, The internet has never went down.. I have a Motorola SURFboard SB6180, I also have my own router which is a TP-LINK TL-WR720N

updated 1 year ago

Comments:

Pashune

Nice

Great to hear they removed caps on the business tiers.

StevenP88

join:2010-11-01
Springfield, MO

Re: Nice

Yeah, no caps for business tiers and honestly they are a great company to deal with...

Re: Nice

+1, I couldn't agree more. I'll take their same day 1st class tech support over AT&T's week later rude technicians.

Increase in UPLink?

UPDATE: 10/20/2013

Review by Pocatello See Profile

• Location: 83201-4406
Good "50 mb down / 2 up"
Bad "2 up is slow, but better than anything else in my area"
Overall "Best priced option available"

50/2 with a 300 gb soft cap is the best thing available to me. The $165 includes cable TV plus HBO with no telephone services. I find C1 to be reliable. The listed speeds are usually available 24/7. I check the speeds all of the time and I usually have 2.3 mb up consistently. The down speed drops in the evenings at times to 44 mb or 20 mb... but this is not frequent. I have decent pings for my gaming, and I can FTP d/l at 2.5 mb/s from a server in Europe. I have looked into alternatives such as DSL, broadband wireless, and commercial services, but none are attractive. I will stick with C1 until something better comes along. I have been with C1 for 5+ years.

lodged 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by Sarentack See Profile

• Location: Ocean Springs,Jackson,MS
Good "Pretty good service."
Bad "Cannot think of anything atm."
Overall "Worth getting."

I ended up with a bundle package of Phone, Internet, and TV and all I had to pay up front was $130 and I think the monthly cost after was somewhere around $97 in that range.

This included Digital TV with channels like NFL Network and movie channels. 50 MBPS speedy internet which has been pretty stable and fast, has 2 MBPS upload.
Telephone service which works just fine.

Cant beat it for under $100, even if this service was for $150 I think it still be worth it.

I dont know any downsides to it right now unless its the 100 or 150 GB limit per month which is alot of data, but I cant complain too much seeing as additional data past that is only 50 cents per gig. With Hughesnet the older ISP I had was limited to 250 MB a day with options of pouring out $3 for extra 250 MBs within a day, and the cost of that service alone nearly matches Cableones package of TV, Internet, and Phone.

I say go for it.

Comments:

Surprise

50G service

Your 50MB service is only temporary. After your contract you will go to a 5MB service and be stuck. There is no more 10MB service anymore unless you are grandfathered into it.
Don't fall for their 50MB service sale unless you READ THE FINE PRINT!

Re: 50G service

You can always upgrade to the 50 meg business tier. You won't be bounded by a contract but you'll be paying $70 per month.. but they're *unofficially* not enforcing caps on the business plans at this time.

That's what I'd do since I don't watch much TV and I've already got Vonage.
CableOne 10m/1m
Couriant

join:2012-10-29
Peoria, AZ

No more contracts for Residentials

Just to clarify an old post here, CableOne does not have the 50MB contract anymore.

They do have bundle plans which tend to be cheaper or have internet only for either 50GB or 100GB data quotas. .50c per GB after that with the maximum of $50 max limit(100GB) charged.

You can also go to the business plan as mentioned, but that is on a contract.

Review by jimmyc65 See Profile

• Location: Brookhaven,Lincoln,MS
Good "Good Speed, No Drops, And good Phone Service"
Bad "With TV added its a little pricey"
Overall "May drop TV service and keep Internet and Phone Service"

Got fed up with BellSouth prices and incompetent tech support. Never got my 6 meg service right.

I seen several adds for CableOne internet and phone service, I talked with several people who had internet and later added the phone service and they had nothing but good things to say about the service. So I decided to bite the bullet and try the service.

The local office was great handling the switch over, I decided to change my number to one of the CO phone numbers and I love the service. Phone call quality is superior to BellSouth's by a mile. And all the horror stories I've heard about cable internet lag and slow down during peak hours have been just that stories. I've had no lag and no slow downs at all. I have the 5 meg down and the 500 up and I stay above those numbers all the time.

The install process was as painless as could be. The techs were great and new their stuff. I now live about 400 yards off the main road and they had to run a new service drop to me from the main road. The original drop was to small to carry all three services.

I have the Arris Touchstone Telephony Modem. The only complaint is that I can't "see" the modem stats unlike the modems from BellSouth. But I guess thats the only complaint I have with that.

Overall the only complaint I have is their channel lineup. It is not nearly as good as Directv or dishnetwork. I am gonna make the swap back to one of them in the near future.

Other than that I have no complaints and would recommend them to anyone here in the Brookhaven area if you can get them. As I said before phone call quality is much much much better than BellSouth.

UPDATE: 12/27/08

Well I guess its about time to update my review of Cable One and its services that I have in my home.

I have since dropped the phone service and use my cellphone for my all my phone calls. It is not because of the service I was receiving from Cable One, it is because OI am now back to working offshore and I am not at home enough to warrant having and paying for home phone service. The phone service was fantastic and I did not have any issues with the service or the price I was paying at the time.

I have continued to use their cable TV and internet service. I have not complaints whatever with the internet service. I no longer do a whole of downloading so the caps do not bother me. I do on occasion go over and get capped but its not a big deal. No drops or interruptions in service, and yes I check my logs when I am home.

My only complaint with the tv service portion is that I wished they carried more children s programming such as directv and dishnetwork does. But my child is getting older so I guess in a couple of yrs it will really be a moot point anyway.

So overall I am very well satisfied with the service I get from Cable One and would reccomend them to anyone.

Update: 2/28/09

Well I moved recently and kept my service with CableOne. My only complaint at this time is the coordination between me and the service dept. It took them several days to come out and run the necessary outlets for me. They promised between 1 and 5 pm but showed up around 6:30 that night. The lead tech Pat done a fantastic job but his helper half-assed his portion and they had to come back out and fix the stuff he done. Again at this point I as satisfied with the service and would recommend it to anyone.

Comments:

Review by mjscnb See Profile

• Location: La Plata,Macon,MO
Good "Pretty Fast, Reliable"
Bad "Fair Access Policy"
Overall "Good Value"

Coming From a area where there was only a slow DSL (1.5 Mbps) for a higher price, I think this is great. Install was fast, and I have actually ran consistently over my advertised speed. Only downside is the Fair Access Policy, but I have never even gotten to 1/2 of the threshold yet. Overall, a great buy.

Update: I just upgraded to the premium package and it is consistently faster that those advertised speeds as well. I am very impressed with this ISP!

Comments:

Review by daniel717 See Profile

• Location: Columbus,Lowndes,MS
Good "Fast and reliable-Plan allows you to furnish cable modem"
Bad "Slows down in evening when people get home from work and school"
Overall "Needs to be DOCSIS 3.0 but worlds better than AT&T"

I had AT&T since 2002 but finally gave up on them after catching them throttling my service from 6 mb service to 3 mb then below 1 mb. Every time I came home from my job being out of state I would have to call them about slow service because of the speed issues and then my 6 mb service started going below 1 meg they then sent out a service tech and he said it was because of the main office profile was changed and they were restricting the service from there. He made some phone calls and told them they should have caught that before he came on the service call and told they the dslam box was on my property, and told me I had fiber to that hub, and not to put me on a noise profile. Since AT&T took over Bellsouth my pings had gone from 90 ms to 42 ms then after AT&T the pings were 130+ ms. That was the last straw and I ordered CableOne 10/1 mb plan and they had only one issue that affected the whole network but thats been fixed months ago. DSL is looking like dead tech and AT&T will never invest in Fiber to the home.

P.S. never complain to AT&T management like this guy did in one polite e-mail after asking for a early upgrade. »www.engadget.com/2010/06/02/atan···a-cease/

My speed tested: »www.speedtest.net/result/837158236.png

I now have the 50mb service everything looks good less than 24 hrs local office had the new speed activated for me. CableOne insisted that I sign a contract for the 50mb service for 1 year at $45 after one year price will go back to $53

»speedtest.net/result/1299802912.png