how-to block ads
| next review in page|
| Review by kyrrian |
member for 7.3 years, 0 visits, last login: 7.3 years ago
lodged 7.3 years ago
- Concord,Contra Costa,CA
- Contract price not specified.
- "only a billing company"
- "does not offer wireless service, according to the guy on the phone"
The person who answered the phone said that they only do billing for other companies and do not set up or offer any wireless services.
| next review in page (previous review) |
| Review by Caesar |
member for 9.2 years, 128 visits, last login: 158 days ago
lodged 8.3 years ago
- San Francisco,San Francisco,CA
- $29 per month
- (month by month)
- "No extra equipment, quick signup, mobility"
- "unreliable connection, potential signal strength problems, horrible tech support, non-public IP address (i.e. NAT)"
- "Don't touch em unless you need 802.11b wifi access or don't have alternate connection possibilities"
|Pre Sales Information:|
Value for money:
Airpath runs the only 802.11b network I can access with some measure of stability from my location in downtown San Francisco. There's so many networks here that most get drowned out in noise, but I always get 90%+ signal from thier hotspot halfway down the block.
Thier authentication servers die occasionally and tech support is useless and rude.
The speed is farily decent, 120-140kBps transmitted via 802.11b. The website offers a quick signup form and no additional equipment is necessary (assuming you already have an 802.11b card)
You're given a private, non-routable, IP address and have to suffer a NAT.