SaskTel page on DSLReports

Review by tfpeterson See Profile

• Location: Regina,SK
Good "Awesome customer service, great pricing, all in one packages a plus"
Bad "None really but installation coordination could be better"
Overall "I wouldn't have any other provider in my household"

It would be great if packages with HDTV could include the extreme high speed internet package.
Being limited to 4 TV jacks is somewhat inconvenient in a bigger house but nothing overwhelming to worry about.
The price breaks on bundles is the best and I can't say enough about how great the customer service; especially considering the population growth in our province.

Comments:

Review by bigbob68 See Profile

• Location: Saskatoon,SK
Good "reliable"
Overall "good deal"

sasktel has been very reliable.

Comments:

Review by macdonaldp See Profile

• Location: Saskatoon,SK
Good "Good customer service"
Bad "Ok speed (not as good as Shaw currently)"
Overall "Where is my free upgrade to 5 mbps?"

I read below that someone was upgraded to 5 mbps for free. I'm in Saskatoon and I thought that for sure they would be offering 5 mbps with their max service. I guessed wrong.

I just hope that the speed does improve sometime soon. I was told they are doing network upgrades in my immediate area (to improve TV service so we can have 3 boxes.) Hopefully this improves the speed as well.

Comments:

Review by boyio2006 See Profile

• Location: Prince Albert,SK
Good "Fast and bundled on one bill"
Bad "no high def and PVR yet (offering this summer or Fall)"
Overall "great service and billed on one bill"

I have Sasktel Max over a year and half now with no problems yet so I am happy the way the service performs since I got it from day one.

There is no PVR and High Def yet but they will be offering them this year, so hopefully I will be able to try them out and see what they like.

I like to have everything on one bill and I get bundle savings for signing up to this service.

Comments:

Review by jebster See Profile

Good "Speed and no cap"
Bad "Nothing really comes to mind"
Overall "FAST!!!"

I ordered High Speed Basic Self-install which is advertised at 1.5megabits/sec download speed, yet, I always(unless I am downloading from a slow host) get transfer rates in the 500-600kilobytes/sec range. Just did a speed test on Speakeasy:
Download Speed: 4984 kbps (623 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 523 kbps (65.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Talk about bang for the buck lol And there is no cap, I download around 30gigs a month with no over charges, so I am happy, alot happier then I was on my last ISP which had slower then advertised speeds and a 5Gig download/1gig upload cap.
I pay $22.47 for the first 6 months and $44.95 after that, before taxes and that stuff. And the self install is very easy!

member for 11.9 years, 100 visits, last login: 7.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by mustanggt82 See Profile

• Location: Saskatoon,SK
Good "Fast Speeds, reliable and no bandwidth caps"
Bad "Had a little trouble when switching to Plus from Classic"
Overall "Great speeds and Reliability, leaps and bounds over Shaw"

I had Sasktel Highspeed Classic with Max last year and part of this year and the speeds were pretty good... average 150 KB down, but I wanted more.

So I signed up for Plus... for only $10 more you get way faster speeds, 4Mb down, compared to 1.5Mb down, and I am extremely happy with it.

Any of the speed tests I try I get 5Mb and over consistently.

Because I am a university student I get High Speed Plus and Max TV for $50 so I would say thats a good deal.

I am really satisfied with their install time as well. When I ordered it there was quite a bit installs going on yet from University students so It took longer (a week) but when they told me Tuesday then showed up on Monday, hey, all the better!

The trouble I had when switching to Plus from Classic though was the tech people saw that I got Plus on Tuesday and it was hooked up on Monday, so my account and speeds were still classic speeds, fixed the next day though.

Comments:

Review by gopherzzz See Profile

Good "nothing"
Bad "everything"
Overall "They just want your money."

I mean sasktel, in general is a big joke. the amount of money this company has and the amount of money it charges its customers is ridiculous.

OK, were just getting started. Don't even get me started on home phones and cell phones..My point is this. For being such a large monopoly in Sask. And having all of this money, why not put some of it back into your communities. Become a real service provider and provide service for change instead of being so concerned with $$$$$$.

The blunt end of things, honestly with all of the choices of satilte, digi cable and internet: go with someone other than Sasktel, because they do not care about you!!!!

P.S. their installs take way to long. Horrible customer service. And i'm not kidding.

Comments:

Review by ryan.bercier

To Whom May Concern:

I am curious what is Sasktel's ranking today?

Ryan
1) Hearing Impaired Relay: 1.800.855.0511
2) Phone number: 306.565.5350
Fax number: 306.565.6623
Email: ryan.bercier@accesscomm.ca

(review was emailed from domain accesscomm.ca)

Comments:

Review by crooklynb See Profile

• Location: 90120
Good "Faster then Shaw Cable in my area"
Bad "Horrible tech support"
Overall "Currently better then Shaw and no down load limits"

I've been using sasktel H.S. internet since i moved here, except for one month that i tried Shaw cable H.S. then i moved back. The downloads are ok but the uploads are horrible. The tech supports and sales office have no clue as to what is going on. They give you the run around.

member for 11.6 years, 412 visits, last login: 8.7 years ago

Comments:

Review by xenon210 See Profile

• Location: Sherman,Grayson,TX
Good "Moderately stable connection, not much of a variation in download speeds."
Bad "Horrid speed, Tech Supports/Administration have no idea whats going on in their own network."
Overall "It's a great service for the day to day user, families, etc.... But not for hardcore tech's & heavy web users."

I encountered the high speed service, when a telephone soliciter from SaskTel called my house, and offered me the first month free, as well as a free installation with ethernet card. It took them about a month and a bit to actually get to my home to install it.

The first thing I noticed was a major downside. They didn't install a home-wide filter. They installed a (get this..) SINGULAR "micro-filter" ONLY for the single phone jack that the DSL went through. Later on in the year, when I needed to re-locate my system to another location in my home, I had to pay upwards of $200 to have the microfilter relocated.

The speed doesn't vary much. On the average download, I'd say the average speed would be 150kB/s, lower speed downloads would be 50kB/s and highest download speeds would be 250kB/s.

The service is great for families and moderate web users, but not tech/web enthusiasts. I do not approve of how this ISP runs their DSL network, and do not feel that they provide a fair game when it comes to the pricing:service ratio.