AEI Internet page on DSLReports

Review by blaze_125 See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "stable, reliable, no caps"
Bad "none"
Overall "Best value for your money"

I just spend a chunk of time reading other people's review about AEI and I'm surprised not more people are satisfied. I've been with that provider for 10 years now and I have no complaint what so ever. The service is stable, and reliable.

My location allows me to get the full speeds they advertise.

5mb down for 35$ including taxes and NO CAP is nothing to turn away from.
Their technical/billing support isn't "as fancy" as Bell, but they get things done.

I had to communicate with their reps a big total of 2 times.
Once because I had forgotten my password, and once because I wanted to change my billing info.

I left a message on their voice-mail and got called back within 24hours.
I didn't have to disconnect my network and stand on my head to get my new password as opposed to Bell.

All in all... AEI all the way.

Comments:

Review by deizblood7 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Price / Unlimited Bandwith / 6 megs"

I have AEI since 2006 no problem till now.
For the price of 29.95$ i got nearly unlimited bandwith i reach sometimes 250gigs nothing.

Comments:

Review by firefox360 See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "Good prices, reliable & stable connection."
Bad "Non-existant customer service."
Overall "Good if you're not the type to complain or ask for help, otherwise look elsewhere."

I am on the residential DSL service, and have been with AEI for many years now. The actual DSL service itself is decent and reliable, however AEI's customer service is extremely poor. Don't expect any help if you're looking for email support; phone support is below average if you manage to reach them, otherwise you can leave voice mail messages to your hearts content.

I recently inquired about having my profile boosted up after seeing that there is potential for it to be higher (I'm currently stuck on the 1.5Mbps profile). After sending off an email, I received a reply a while later after a week or so, telling me that they'll "look into it", and that was that. There has been no changes thus far, and no further reply from them.

There are much better alternatives out there that are either the same price or cheaper.

Comments:

Review by wingman84 See Profile

• Location: Gatineau,QC
Good "No caps, reliable and fast service."
Bad "Hard to complain about something that always works and costs next to nothing!"
Overall "For the price you pay, you can't go wrong!"

Have been with AEI since Bell first introduced the dreaded DL cap back... whenever it was, 4-5 years ago. At first the connection was terrible, dropped all the time. Was due to all the new customers and their infrastructure not being up to snuff. They had that fixed within 6 months and I have not had a problem since.

Their prices are cheap for 5mb service. With upload speeds were a little higher, but for 30 bucks a month... really can you complain?

I would recommend without hesitation.

Comments:

Review by Uzrnem See Profile

Good "Good HTTP speed"
Bad "Bad for P2P"
Overall "Depends what you want"

AEI offer good speed for web surfing, but turns the speed down on evenings for BitTorrent users to 25k/sec (does not affect HTTP (web surfing)).

So depending on what you want AEI can be a good ISP.

member for 6 years, 1 visits, last login: 6 years ago

Comments:

Review by amherst4 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Good Technical support staff"
Bad "Hours of availability technical support"
Overall "Excellent if you do not need 24h/7 technical support"

I have been with AEI at least five years now. I am satisfied. No comparison possible with my previous supplier Bell Canada. I did ditch Bell for AEI and it has been a great decision.

Comments:

Review by camoreau See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC

I've been with AEI for the past 2 years and I have no problems at all but for the first install. I was getting slower speed than expected. I contacted AEI. We did a few verifications and the conclusion was that Bell Canada needed to check on their side and pay me a visite. Once the Bell technician came and solve a little problem on Bell wiring outside of my house I got good speed. My connection for the past 2 years has been very stable.

Bonus : AEI offers 10 hours per month on internet via phone which is good for me when I'm at the cottage and that I need to check a few emails.

Comments:

Review by skurys See Profile

• Location: h1g
Good "A. Cheap B. It's not Bell C. No contracts"
Bad "Occasionally has 1/2 day - 1-2 day outtages"
Overall "9/10 : Great value for money spent"

I have been with AEI for 6-7 years now. I am very satisfied with their service. There's the occasional time when it won't connect but I am not fully convinced its their service, as I don't trust the line quality in my area, like 3 times a week I see a guy from Bell fiddling in the main box. I think the connections are now being throttled but I'm pretty sure there's no way around that since they simply resell Bell's networks. They rent out modems, but I had one already and it comes out cheaper that way (29.95/m no contract as of jul 1st 2008). No 24/7 customer service but they do know what they're talking about when you reach them, and hey, if you were the kind of person that didn't know anything about computers and needed to call customer service 3 times a week you probably wouldn't have heard about AEI in the first place

Since I subscribed, I haven't once had to worry about my service, they don't call me to offer other "services" and the line speed is great considering it's DSL and I'm not exactly living next door to the central. I get a pretty constant 2000/600 kbps DL/UL speed and it's unfortunate that I will be changing providers after so long with what I consider a good company, but my job will be requiring 3000+ kbps download speeds to handle 2 VOIP lines, video conferencing and still leave me with a nice chunk of bandwidth for my personal use I give them an overall 9 on 10!

Comments:

Review by blyt0004 See Profile

• Location: Vanier,ON
Good "Very fast"
Bad "purchased an internal modem :( Now I wished I had an external!"
Overall "I would recomend!"

Signed up back in 2003 for 29.95 a month. I live in Ottawa Ontario and the service is based in Montreal Quebec, So I only pay GST!

Comments:

Review by smallj53 See Profile

• Location: Niagara Falls,ON