B2B2C High-Speed Internet page on DSLReports

Review by MalekDa3 See Profile

Good "speed"
Bad "the rest"

They had good prices so i said why not. 40$ 10 mpbs 100go. i specifically asked how much would it be if i canceled the service, they said there was a 50$ spread over 2 years so if i canceled it after a year it would've been 25$. They installed it everything was fine. Then i had to leave the city, when i came back... no internet connection. we fixed it the next day ok, maybe it was bad luck.

2 weeks after, the internet just stops working. They had me go thru different tests then realized the modem they sent me just isn't working well. They shipped a new one, i installed it, yay it works. One week after, the internet stops working again. And of course my new modem isn't working well. This time, the internet stopped working on the 1st of the month and they charge on the 1st, so if i wanted to cancel my contract with them, i'm still supposed to have internet for the rest of the month. So after talking to the worst customer service on the planet I just decided to ask to be transferred for service cancelation. They did not even try to keep me as a client they said..... OK.

A third modem was shipped for my last month with them. They didn't even include the wi-fi password lol.

3 problems, 1 month. PLUS they charged me an extra 100$ for something that was never mentioned before.

member for 1 year, 0 visits, last login: 1 year ago
lodged 1 year ago

Comments:

Review by SuperSnake See Profile

• Location: Lachine,QC
Good "They were good in the past, as you can see in the reviews."
Bad "Auto-renewal 36 month without notice, rude customer service"
Overall "Stay Away and pass the word !"

Please stay away from them, their auto-renewal process is on limit to be legal. They wont hesitate to fight even if it doesn't make sense. You have 30 days before the end of the contract to cancel. If you wait on the 29th day, you wont be able to cancel and will get stuck with them for another 36 months.

Also, be careful to keep all the original router equipment to return your things when you cancel their service to avoid any indecent invoices. Their invoice will be as high as brand new equipment, nothing less !

I am reviewing all my client's contracts with B2B2C and will cancel them one by one on renewal period. I don't want to deal with them again.

Comments:

Review by snowrr See Profile

• Location: Saint-Laurent,QC
Good "Reliable internet connection, had only 1 shortage in 2 years."
Bad "Bad pricing policy, really bad customer services, phone won't reconnect after power shortage."
Overall "Not worth your time and your money, rude staff."

I had 8mbit cable with phone.

I was a 8 years clients with them, so I know how they work a bit. First, you will get locked in a long term contract. Once your contract is over, it will carry on if you don't change it, even if current pricing is lower. They will never update you to current contract, which can lead to severe problem.

The installation process was ok, but b2b2c give everything to the tech company (videotron). The tech had some problem connecting, and B2B2C didn't try at all to help to fix the issue. Hopefully, the technician was really helpful and manage to get my B2B2C equipment working. After the installation, the only issue with the equipment was with the mediatrix that didn't automatically reconnect after a power shortage, so I had to reset it manually everytime. It is a little bit inconvenient because I am not always aware of those few seconds shortage.

During the 8 years with them, I needed upgrade twice, and this is when all goes wrong. First time, they wouldn't propose any good deal until I had commanded something else from a competitor. Sudently, when I call to cancelled, they propose me an OK deal (3$ less than videotron), if I sign up for another 2 years. I took the bait to find out later that this special offer existed on their website, hidden somewhere. So don't expect their staff to propose the best option to you, they will lure you in more expensive plan.

Recently, I was in need of a higher limit transfer, so I call them to see what was my best option. The only that was propose to me was a plan that cost 25$ more every month than the competition. I explain that I would be switching if they couldn't come up to a better option, to no avail, so I cancel my service with them for the end of the month.

To my big surprise, they decide to charge my extra transfer of the current month to the 2010 rate (5$/gb) because that's when I last made modification to my plan, instead of the current (1$/gb) advertise on their website. When I was in contact with the support previous when I was looking for a new plan for augmented transfer, it was never stated that my current overcharge was 5 times the current plan same plan today for the same price.

The assistant on phone told me that he could fix it if I stay with them, else, I could suck it up. Needless to say that I'm very glad to leave them.

Also, even if I ask them to notify the disconnect to videotron when I cancelled, they didn't do it, which caused delays for my new installation.

Seriously, avoid this company at all cost.

Comments:

Review by aricenter See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Bad "customer service is the worst I have experienced"
Overall "Stay away"

This is the worst worst worst company I have ever hired a contract with. They charged a lot more than initially said and they were arguing I had agreed to a one year contract when I specifically said I wanted to test it for one month. After many hours of useless phone conversations they reviewed the call when I contracted them. They accepted it was their mistake and did not make more charges but in total, for having internet 10 days they charged me $170. And never sent a kit to return the modem, which I had to go and return in person!

Stay away from this company I hired them because of supporting Quebec companies but they subcontract the people from videotron for EVERYTHING, connection, problems with the signal, speed etc. and of course they want to serve their costumers first and you end up waiting a lot more to get anything fixed.

Comments:

Mervgriffih

@bellsouth.net

10 days?

Who has internet installed for 10 days? Of course they would charge you installation in that case so your point is a bit moot.

• Location: K6V2M
Good "Good speed, good price (when I started), decent tech support (PC, modem)"
Bad "Dry loop fee, Trailing charges on disconnect, trailing charges for telco support"
Overall "They are at the mercy of the phone service provider - and you will pay!!!"

WARNING: B2B2C is ok, but only until you line difficulties! And be
prepared for an extra monthly charge if ever do cancel.

I am not talking about a modem unplugged or a loose network cable. If
you have something more serious that requires Bell involvement, just
cancel your service and QUICKLY, before the end of the month!

I was pro-B2B for 3 years. My DSL worked perfectly and the price was
not bad. Phone support was also good.
One day toward the end of July my service just stopped. I let it go
for a week - I am not a daily user and short outages do not concern
me. There had been minor issues in the past but all were resolved
quickly.
I am not a whiner, so I let it slide - MISTAKE!

Into early August, I call them to report my internet connection has
been out. They sent me a new modem - still no luck.
They said they could have Bell out to check the service up to the
house, and that it would cost extra if the tech had to enter the house.
I know how Bell operates... but that is another review! I flatly
refused to have them enter my house but understood that there was no
charge to check the service at the pole, so I agreed.

Bell did their thing - and said it was OK at the pole. I did some
more trouble shooting and determined that my in-house lines were
good. Thus, the problem was between my house and the pole (ie -
underground).
B2B2C advised that Bell would charge me to find the problem, so I
kindly asked them to cancel my service and I returned the hardware.

HERE'S where the eggs slide off the toast!!!
It was still August, but they told me that they would have to charge
me for September as well - a matter of cancellation policy. I
reluctantly accepted - what choice did I have?

THEN...
Last week I get my credit card bill and find a $99+ bill from B2B2C.
I called to question it, and was told that this was the fee that Bell
charged them for checking out my service at the pole and they are just
passing it along.
I gritted my teeth and kindly informed them that the B2B tech in
August did not say it would be so. "Sorry, nothing we can do."

So there you have it - I am now ANTI-B2B2C. I used to recommend them,
now I lump them in with that other company mentioned in this article
that also takes every opportunity to gouge consumers. Shame on you
B2B2C!!

So friend, if you take them up on their service, be advised that they
are not actually in control when things get sticky, and you could be
on the hook for unforeseen charges. Any savings I got by using their
service was wiped out at the end, with interest!!!

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

Review by Go_faster See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Bad "False advertissement"

I pay in order to get DSL TURBO (unlimited) internet conexion. Speed up to 5mbp

They say

"Navigate the Web faster by enjoying the full speed of your Internet access. Walk away from slowdowns and overloaded networks. Our guarantee: No slowdowns due to congestion, even during peak hours, and maximum speed at all times. None of the major network operators can claim this!"

My speed has never reached that speed that they guarentee...It goes from 0.12 mb up to 1.4 Mbps

Comments:

Review by IamGimli See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "none"
Bad "none"
Overall "none"

none

Comments:

Review by Multitasking See Profile

• Location: Lasalle,QC
Good "Sales Rep"
Bad "Very bad commercial ethic when things get complicated"
Overall "The Good, The BAD and the UGLY."

The Good

Good product, especially the MxDSL. For around 200$ a month, you get a DSL 6m x 3.2m (theoric, more 6m x 2.2m real speed) with 4 dryloop lines.

The BAD

If you choose any DSL product, be aware of Bell tech guy who install the lines and don't test them. This might get you into hell, on either sides (B2B2C or Bell).

The UGLY

If you got some financial difficulties, or your accounting clerk was on vacation and missed one or two payments, be aware : you're running for troubles, i mean real deep troubles. Their policies are on the limits of being legal, they're not afraid of taking an enterprise in hostage by cutting any services without any notice, even after you take arrangments with them. They seems not talking to each other inside the building, so once you make any arrangments with the accounting peoples, they don't advise the other departments, so the services will be cut anyway. They usually do this on fridays, so you cannot reach anybody until the monday morning ! I don't mean not to pay your providers, you HAVE to, but sometimes money don't show up at the right time or other issues can arise, and a little letter of phone call to the owner CAN do the difference.

Their only invoicing mechanism is by emails. Paper invoices don't exist with B2B2C, so as phone calls to advice anyone in you company of any commercial issues that might lead to service disruption...

Conclusions :

When problems arise, you see the real nature of your providers. Sometimes dealing with smaller providers doesn't mean they will listen, and they will probably will have less flexibility than the bigger ones, especially this provider. I'm not the only one who had troubles, lot of my customers also had their own administrative adventure with them, and I'm taking them out of B2B2C one by one...

Comments:

Review by Doctorphate See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "WAS kick ass..."
Bad "Time Warner anyone?"
Overall "you're better off with Rogers.. Atleast they are upfront douche bags."

I had been with B2B2C for 8 years now. They were awesome at first. I had 3mbps down and 800kb/s up and it was super stable with awesome customer service. On top of that it only cost me 29.95.

Later on I switched to unlimited and ran that at my fathers place where I lived for 5 years and was able to download 200+ GB per month several times without any complaints from anyone. I still had awesome speeds, awesome customer service and the awesome price of 34.95 was still there(+$5 for unlimited) but this is where things started going wrong.

I had some high latency so I called them after I had tried trouble shooting with my network. Like the old, plugging your PC directly into the modem deal etc. Up until this point whenever I called to ask a question or something I would wait on hold for no more then 1 or 2 minutes, this time I waited for 20 minutes. I thought nothing of it and was just glad to be answered, until he opened his mount and I realized this guy not only isn't at b2b2c's head office in montreal, he isn't even from north america. The guy was from India or something. I explained to him that I had latency issues and i had already ruled it my side so it must be because they were running me on 5mbps line when the DSL lines in my area could only handle 4mbps which makes it unstable. He had no idea what I was talking about. After 45 minutes of explaining the way it worked to him and explaining I already did the trouble shooting his monitor was telling him to tell me to do I finally got frustrated and hung up.

After this encounter I had a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I called back to complain and talk to someone who had more then a grade 6 education and was actually greeted by someone who mostly spoke english. You see, at b2b2c they have excellent french speaking reps but being that I'm english, I'm second class and not worth alittle extra money spent so i can understand the tech guy. I spoke to this guy and although his english was the stardard I couldn't care less about pronunciation he was intelligent enough to understand what i was talking about and promptly fixed my line.

Fast forward now to 4 months ago when I took my internet from my step fathers place(he no longer used it) and transferred it to my new apartment. I had unlimited yet again and after a month I was greeted with a lovely cease and desist letter. Here is an excerpt from it.

"This letter is to advise that B2B2C considers your current bandwith usage is in excess with over 100Gb of transferred data since the start of the month 6/1/2009 : Down:108.90 Up:62.50 TTL:171.40. This usage far exceeds what is considered normal for residential customers. Excessive usage significantly affects our network performance and by consequence negatively affects the service provided to all of our service subscribers."

I called them right away and explained a mistake had been made, I pay for unlimited.

The person informed me that Quebec's ISPs had formed a Cartel and were now limiting UNLIMITED users to 100GB per month. I told her well too bad because I'm in ontario and I signed up for unlimited.

She then explained that it doesnt matter because b2b2c is based in Quebec therefore I am subject to Quebec's rules. I told her she had 2 options, 1 stop sending me these letters and allow me to continue as we did and I'll forget about this incident and keep recommending b2b2c to friends and family or 2. send me more letters and I'll make sure I download at the full extent of my connection 24/7 until you cancel my contract and release me to find another provider.

She told me she could not release me from my contract unless I received 3 more of these warning letters. So I hung up, went to Canada Computers and purchased a 1TB hard drive. I began downloading at the full 5mbps speed for the rest of the month. I ended up downloading over 400GB and then received another letter which was exactly the same but with my updated numbers.

At this point I have called all the people I recommended to b2b2c and suggested they switch to another provider. So since I'm already pissed at the underhanded nature of what b2b2c has turned into I decided to reply simply with this;

Unlimited \Un*lim"it*ed\, adjective

1. Not limited; having no bounds; boundless; as, an unlimited expanse of ocean.

2. Undefined; indefinite; not bounded by proper exceptions; as, unlimited terms. ''Nothing doth more prevail than unlimited generalities.'' --Hooker.

3. Unconfined; not restrained; unrestricted.

I have yet to get a response from them. I have started my search for a better ISP in the Ottawa Area.

Comments:

Review by leruisseau See Profile

• Location: Pointe-Claire,QC
Good "Dry line Voip Know how, good service, no contract, proper billing, accn'ts online"
Overall "Good deal for the money with dual products Voip and DSL. Client of 7 years."

Have been with this company for 7 years. Always top notch and very reliable. Service never down and always got proper tech support and more from them. I have a bundle with DSL and a voip' naked line' phone. Excellent and I much prefer this smaller independant firm than the big one's. My 2 services cost me 63$ tax in. A savings 0f 35$ a month if I had Bell and a cable company with barely any options on the phone line. I had these other services before which are good but there is no need to pay high fee's for the same from B2b2c. I highly recommend them without any worry. They are now quite 'Dry line' experienced. The actually offer the seperate dry line format which is excellent and clear. We call Japan all the time and the line is perfect for half of a regular 'discount' company fee's. This new technology is great compared to the old voip. No more Bell in this home !