PDMNet page on DSLReports

Review by tuica See Profile

• Location: Fort Pierce,Saint Lucie,FL
Bad "very bad"
Overall "Unreliable, rude unexperinced."

The service is unreliable. You can not depend on PDMNET internet to be available every time you need to access the internet. Sometimes I need the internet to conduct company business and it was just not there. If you call tech support to ask what's going on they are rude and lie to you. I complained so much that they came to my home when I was not there, went on my roof without my permission and removed their equipment. They trespassed on my property! I paid my bill regularly despite the poor service. My neighbor has also said they are unreliable and rude.

Comments:

Review by charlievb See Profile

• Location: Vero Beach,Indian River,FL
Good "Very Fast Speed, Knowledgable Staff, knows business networking"
Bad "only available at 5 out of my 7 locations"
Overall "Saved us $ 300 a month on Bellsouth Private DSL charges"

I have had PDMNet for about 5 months now and can say they are much easier to work with then Bellsouth. Moving from a combination Private DSL and part T1 circuit solution to a wireless VPN was not something we did lightly. PDMNet provided several references that doing exactly that were doing the same type of thing with their network. Still I was a little skeptical that a relatively small company could be able to effectively service our business. Not only have they come through and handled any issue immediately, we were up after hurricane Wilma in 4 days, compared with almost 10 days for us to get phones at 2 of our locations. I am using them now to manage our Windows Terminal Server at all locations. They have 5 or 6 technicians but always have someone available when I call.

The wireless solution from PDMNet uses Motorola equipment I think and we have found it bulletproof. We have one link that is 10 miles from their tower in Ft. Pierce, and it never blinks. The frame relay we had there (much more money) went down at least a couple times a month.

I like the fact that they fully configured all our computers at each location, along with programming the VPN routers. I could never have gotten Bellsouth to do that. We host our website through them, and they do spam/virus filtering on our email domain too. The only problem we had was getting some of our firewalls setup properly at first.

All in all, I think we made a good choice towards reliability and service, while paying slightly less than we paid Bellsouth before.

We just got the latest radio upgrades that gives us very low latency and almost 10Mbit bursts from the Internet and the owner says Motorola has 30MB Radios in the works.

Very happy!

Comments:

Review by cyberzero6 See Profile

• Location: Sebastian,Indian River,FL
Good "No good points. Service was very bad, never work right. High install fee"
Bad "PDM is a horrible ISP. Service was up and down, is a one horse show. High latecy."
Overall "Higher cost than Bellsouth, slow, problematic, go back to dialup before using them..."

In my opinion,

Be warned, stay away from PDMNET.

PDMNET.COM www.pdmnet.com or

»www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/ ··· 15000816

BBB of Southeast Florida
2924 North Australian Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33407

1/1/1996
Principal: Paul McCall, President
Local Phone Number: (772) 564-6800
Fax Number: (772) 567-8307
Membership Status: This company is not a member.
TOB Classification: Computers-Sys Designers & Consult

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

12 consumers have requested a reliability report on this company in the past 36 months.

Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 2
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 0

Complaints Concerned
Customer Service Issues: 2
Outcome of all complaints -
Resolved: 2

This is not a good company to do business with.

I have used PDMNET for 3 clients now.

There will never be a 4th.

I am a computer consultant and a former ISP owner from up North.

If you need reliable high speed Internet, these people cannot give it to you.

I believe the problems are in 3 areas.

Service, Signal and Backend.

Service is 2 or 3 techs directed by the owner. All service requests / problems funnel through him.

I think the owner has been doing this too long as has built up resentment over the years to any problem and views them as criticism.

It’s not my system problem.
So any troubleshooting or (complaining) is problematic.

Signal.

PDM uses Radio Motorola canopy.

Close up the system works better. But if you are on the edge or have anything electrical near you, you will have trouble.

System would go up and down all day and all night long.
I had 24/7 network monitor until for the X number night in a row I would be awoken by my pager going off due to some pdm problem.
I had to turn off over night monitoring.

Backend.

PDMNET’s backend seems to also have problems.
We could never nail it down exactly, but latency was running between 90 and 200ms.

I.E. was it radio problems? Or PDMNET’s backend or backend provider.
I’m not sure it really maters. It was slow.
Vonage is problematic due to latency. Vonage says anything above 150ms is bad.

We would dip in and out of 150 all the time.

Terminal service also doesn’t like high latency.

After suffering for weeks and requesting something to be done we decided that PDMNET was too problematic, too hard to manage and not reliable.

We requested a full refund for all service and installation.

This was denied.

“I am not inclined to give any refunds”
Paul McCall, President

Please be aware of the issues we had before using PDMNET.

Comments:

Review by coderx_ See Profile

• Location: Vero Beach,Indian River,FL
Good "Fast, Reliable, Cost Effective, no hassles. Bottom line, it's good service from a good ISP!"
Bad "None that come to mind."
Overall "Great ISP, Great Service, all around it beats DSL/Cable/Sat. without any down sides."

----- Update: September 8th, 2004

I have since switched to Bellsouth Business ADSL Due to PDM's non-nesponsiveness to my request to move services to my new residence. I was informed that I needed to request a site survey prior to PDM agreeing to install the service at the new reisdence. Well to make a long story short, they had about a month to complete that and give me an answer after several phone calls, they never did, so september 1st, I returned their equipment, and bid them farewell. Bellsouth had me online within 3 days, now that's service! Their(PDM's) service, was fine and all, with some small outages, they never had customer support after 5PM, so if it went out after then you just had to wait till the next day before you recieved word on what happned. They also were closed on weekends, so no support then either if things went south. They didn't do reverse DNS, which I find rather strange considering they allocate subnets. In all, if you can't get DSL/Cable or they don't suit your tastes, PDM is definately an option, but you better be prepared to wait, PDM seams to live in their own world where time is plentiful, for the rest of us living in the real world, time is our most finite resource.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------

PDM has reliable fixed wireless service for both residentual and business accounts, they will even do custom plans, so if you need certin things not in their packages (like extras) then you can certinly get those and at very sane prices too! I don't, not even for a second regret my choice as a customer of PDM , they always make a huge effort to please every single customer. The PDM staff are prompt and very nice. I have not in the past two years, had any major problems using fixed wireless service. I honestly can't say that about the DSL or Cable or even dialup i've had over the years. My speed is awesome, 1.2 Mbit - 2.0Mbit down, and 384 to 1Mbit up! A Static IP comes -standard- with all plans! ( yeah, no extra charges! ) Of course just like DSL/Cable it's -always on- no waiting for anything or anyone, the internet when YOU want it! PDM uses only the very best wireless equipment, the motorola canopy system. I pay around $69.00 for my setup, which is a bit custom and it is a business contract. PDM does residentual setups for as low as $35.00/month. I have had nothing but top notch service from PDM and I don't expect to ever go any where else for my internet service. Comcast Cable and Bellsouth DSL are no match for PDM.

member for 10.8 years, 20 visits, last login: 10.3 years ago