Digis page on DSLReports

Review by seanh46 See Profile

• Location: Tooele,Tooele,UT
Good "glad i can still get fixed wireless for a decent price"
Bad "contract was sold to digis from beehive broadband"

I was a happy, loyal Wireless Beehive customer of over Eight years, but unfortunately in the name of progress?, Beehive Broadband sold all of our accounts to Digis. So far my service has remained the same, almost even a little better, but with change over of billing systems we ended up having to pay a double bill which was upsetting , especially considering they are running an installation special for new accounts to get one month free, I guess since we didn't have a choice to switch to Digis, we don't get the discount... nice!

Comments:

Review by jack_sprat See Profile

• Location: Woods Cross,Davis,UT
Good "A reasonable cost for the service they say they will provide"
Bad "They do not provide the service they sell yet continue to oversell thier product"
Overall "If I could find a similiar service for approximately the same cost I would drop them in a minute"

Signed up for thier service about a year and a half ago. In the begenning it worked fairly well. Then the service began to get worse and worse and worse. Thier policy concerning throttleing is simply off scale and unreasonable. Windows has an update, now you cannot get a page to load because they have throttled your account. Find a movie you like and it is free to download, bad Idea because they willl throttle you until it takes 2 minutes for a page to load. Thier throttleing policy is 10 years out of date, yet they continue to do it. But the worst was yet to come ! About 6 months into using thier service, I became interested in Netflix and signed up and paid 6 months in advance. First few movies were poor quality (due to speed of ISP) but managed to watch them. Over the first month of Netflix, my download speed went from 5 GBPS to 3 GBPS plus severe throttleing for all other services. Netflix began stuttering and finally became useless. Using Digis's own speed test I watched thier download speed go from 5.5 to .05 GBPS. During this sever loss of speed I contacted tech support some 6 times. Always got little help but lots of excuses for Digis tech support. It took 2 months of my service being less than 1 GBPS and they finally sent out a technitian. It was on a saturday as I recall and the tech was driveing a beat up 1970 something pickup with a ladder in the back. His ability to speak in the english language was limited and he finally got in his truck and drove off assureing me the receiver was properly alligned and working just great. When he drove off, I check my download speed and found it to be considerably less than dial-up speed that I had some 20 years ago. After repeaded calling and tech support assuring me that all was fine, I called them and told them I was getting another ISP. They then offered me a reduced monthly billing of $5.00 per month until thier tower updates were completed. I did get the lower billing for a couple months and then it went right back to $40.00 per month. In talking to one of thier technitians that came I found out that thier backhall was so loaded they were loosing customers at an alarming rate. They said the tower would be completed at the end of November 2011 and it was. They gave me a free month while they offloaded customers to the new tower. I could not get on the new tower beause there were trees in the way of the signal. The service improved over the next few weeks and then suddenly began to decline as they again oversold thier services. I have talked to several Digis customers in my area only to find out they are having the same problems. Even though it is a reasonable price, it still is not worth what you are paying for it. If you are considering an inexpensive ISP and have a phone line into your home, get a good dial up account from a good provider. It is a lot cheeper than Digis Wireless and actually about the same DL speed as you will get with Digis. Its the oldest game in the world, set a low price and then sell it to tons of folks being aware that some will hang around no matter how bad it gets. I am looking for another ISP around the same price but cannot seem to find another in the area. Here is yet another reason to not use Digis Wireless as your ISP. I owed a bill of $87.17 for the month of December 2011. Mid month I made a payment of $35.00 which is all I could afford because of Christmas. My account showed an $87.17 balance due even though I had made the partial payment. Today I had enough money to pay the remainder of the bill ($52.17) I went online and clicked make a payment and put in my debit card info and click make payment, only to find out the way they have it setup it took the entire $87.17 out of my account and not the $52.17. I called them and explained the mistake. The nasty little office person told me if I were to stop the $87.17 payment, they would charge me $20.00 for a bad check charge. I explained that it was an online payment and she said "we really don't care, it a bad check" ............ Do you really want to do business with a company like Digis???????? DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU ----- STAY AWAY FROM DIGIS WIRELESS Also known as JAB Wireless. This is thier complete address

DIGIS

782 S AUTOMALL DR STE C AM FORK,UT 84003-2692

Comments:

Review by motoxer913 See Profile

• Location: Ogden,Weber,UT
Good "consistent 14+Mbs, 10ms ping, 3Mbs upload, reliable, good price"
Bad "must mount sat type dish to roof"
Overall "Amazing speeds and reliability for the money"

I tried wireless providers in the past and had nothing but problems. Digis with their new 15Mbs/3Mbs plan has far exceeded my expectations of what wireless is capable of. My speeds are consistent with what I pay for and the ping times are faster than both DSL and Comcast I previously had. I am a very heavy "geek" internet user, my wife works for fortune 500 company from home office connected to VPN every day, netflix streaming, xbox gamer, large downloads, etc etc. I have had Digis for about 4 months now and I am 100% happy with them. Comcast is still my favorite ISP, but I cannot get them in my new home...Digis so far has been just as good as Comcast and in some ways (ping, cost) better.

Comments:

Review by grconner See Profile

• Location: Mapleton,Utah,UT
Good "Speed, technical support, price, phone"
Bad "inconsistent speed"
Overall "I could live with the inconsistent speed, which was always fast enough, but the flakey phone service killed it for me."

Review:

I've had digis for two weeks now. The tech support is great, since you can leave your number and they call back in about 10 minutes. They seem to *really* know what is going on compared with Qwest tech support people.

For instance, when the system was first installed and I got the phone hooked up I was getting stuttering. The tech support lady first reset the frequency of my antenna and when that didn't work she went over all of the settings and realized the "quality of service" setting wasn't turned on. Now, realize I was *calling her on the stuttering phone*. She was able to change this setting (which completely solved the problem) with about a 5 second gap in the phone call that she warned me about -- but *the call never dropped*. I was completely impressed. The whole think took about 5 minutes, since I had used their tech support call back service.

A few days later I called about some speed inconsistencies I was seeing and they were concerned that I wasn't getting perfect speed so they sent out a technician two days later. Now my connection is normally (say 75% of the time) 100% of advertised speed (5 mbs up, 2 mbs down) instead of the 80-90% (3-4 mps up) I was getting before. They are very clear about throttling and download limits if you call them. It's very cheap to double the limits ($8 per month I think) so it's a no brainer. That gives you 120GB per month, which seems very reasonable. I downloaded a huge, 12GB, game file and it slowly degraded my speed as expected. Near the end of the download I hit the maximum daily hard limit and I was throttled down to a crawling 256kbs up and down. Guess what? Even at that speed I found the Digis service MUCH superior to Qwests 1.5mb service. Why? Because ping times and web page loads are still instantaneous even when Digis is at maximum throttle. Qwest was always an unbelievable slug. One other thing that made me happy was that even at maximum throttle, the Digis phone service still worked well even while browsing webpages and finishing the massive download. At about 1 am my throttling was reset and the download finished without a hitch. The quality of the Digis phone service is a big surprise, I only tried it on a lark since they have a 10 dollar trial for 30 days. I'm really liking it and plan to port my phone number over from Qwest. The quality is good and the price is great. I'm still a bit worried about phone quality degradation due to heavy traffic or internet outages somewhere in the system. We have cell phones so it's no longer a top tier priority. Only time will tell if the phone system reliability is up to the Qwest standard (which has always been absolutely perfect in the 23 years I've used them).

Notes:

1)This service apparently has been review under the incorrect name of DigisNetworks. The correct name is Digis.com.

2) It has been pointed out by some that Digis has a reputation of giving really good service for the first month or two and then not being as responsive later on. Thus this effusively positive review might not be completely indicative of the service I will get a few months from now. If things change for the worse, I will definitely edit this review.

3) Digis claims that within the next 6 months every Digis subscriber will be ported to the new Wi-Max technology with completely new hardware for no cost. The download speed will double to 10mb/s but the price will stay unchanged. I await this upgrade with great anticipation and a bit of skepticism.

Update:Jan 2012

Just canceled Digis to go back to Qwest/Century link. I can now get 20mb down 894k up and a *real* phone for $10 more than my Digis service (about 2 to 3mb down and 2mb up with crappy phone service). Overall they were pretty decent, for what I really wanted them for -- Netflix. I didn't really have much problem at all with the throttling because I paid the extra $8 a month for a bit more data. However the phone didn't ever work very well : people couldn't hear, and the porting process never worked correctly so people on AT&T couldn't call me -- weird.

Comments:

Review by farmer18 See Profile

• Location: Springville,Utah,UT
Good "For the price you get great speeds. Very reliable service. Throttle is reset nightly."
Bad "THROTTLE!!!! After 3gig download your internet speed is a slow crawl."
Overall "If you like gaming, browsing the internet. This is great. If you add downloading movies to that mix, then you might be hurting"

Qwest is the big player out in my neighborhood. You can't get Comcast or Veracity. Qwest could only offer me the 1.5 plan, but my speeds were barely reaching above 1. Upload was a joke with Qwest.

The install process went fairly smooth. He was here at the house for a total of an hour running line and installing the equipment.

I was really surprised about how fast I was able to get up and going with these guys. Digis came out the next day to install. The advertised speed was almost dead on when I ran the speed test. The install price did hurt a little, $99, but in the long run I'll be saving money and getting better service.

Comments:

Review by egnlsn See Profile

• Location: Salt Lake City,Salt Lake,UT
Good "Excellent phone service"
Bad "Unable to get theit Internet service because of trees"
Overall "Very good bang for the buck"

Left Vonage and went with Digis as my VoIP service provider. I've had them about a year and a half and I have had no complaints so far. Unfortunately, I can't get their Internet service because of trees, so my VoIP service is dependent on my Comcast Internet service being up.

Still no complaints after another couple of years.

Comments:

Review by ComputerGURU02 See Profile

• Location: Pleasant Grove,Utah,UT
Good "Good Price and good speeds, No Contracts,"
Bad "Not open 24 hours, no 10 Mbps plans"
Overall "Digis is a good option if you are tired of feeding the pig!"

Digis is a WISP who actually delivers a high-quality product. As far as my experience is concerned, I think my speeds are great, my upload especially. I have their 7 Mbps plan (5 Mbps down/2 Mbps up) and i typically see between 2-3 Mbps down and around 1 Mbps upload. I was pretty skeptical about how it would perform being wireless and all, but surprisingly it has been even more reliable than my old comcast.

I considered several options for broadband but chose Digis because they are local and upfront about expectations, charges etc. I also liked the fact that they didn't have any contracts. I check my connections regularly and my latency is always low (between 45 ms - 80 ms) and my connection is really solid. I have recommended Digis to several people and will continue to do so because they have been so outstanding.

CON: The only con I have for Digis is their lack of 24-hour support. I guess for 99% of their users it's not a big deal, but moving forward that is something they should consider. Also, if they offered plans around 10 Mbps than I would be even more thrilled.

So, if anyone at Digis actually reads this just know you are doing a great job. Continue to give me as you put it, "the fastest broadband connection for the money." Nice.

Comments:

Review by tazz987 See Profile

• Location: Orem,Utah,UT
Good "Their service techs are so knowledgable and friendly"
Bad "The call center call center and accounting could be better"
Overall "They are a good company if you are an average user and want good speeds for a good price."

I've had Digis for over two years and I've found them to be a good company. Upgrading from wifi to Canopy was absolutely a good move as it greatly improved my speed and service. Calling the tech support can be a little time consuming and frustrating, but if you can get past some of the people that don't know anything, the rest are very reasonable and helpful.

I live in Orem, Ut and the service tech that came to my house has been very helpful. He fixed our line when our dog chewed through it and even set up our home wireless network for free, but I wouldn't expect that. (Geek Squad charges a $100 for that)

Their speeds are good, I typically get 4 down and 2 up. Comcast might be faster, but then you have to bundle everything (which I don't want) to get similar prices and then its less reliable and the tech support is far worse.

Throttling is frustrating if you are downloading a lot of movies or music. But once they explained that throttling was implemented to prevent a power user from slowing the entire network it made sense to me.

Overall, they are a good company and local so you can still talk to a human if you have any questions, but large enough that they have great coverage and you don't need to worry about them closing at any time.

Comments:

Review by Brentino See Profile

• Location: Layton,Davis,UT
Good "I've had Digis for over 2 years, fastest speed in my area, and truely unlimited bandwidth.(Promo# 19017)"
Bad "Customer Service is slow and the customer service representatives don't know a lot."
Overall "Digis beats Qwest DSL, Sprint, Xmission, and Vonage(vs Digis Voip) in everything!"

With Digis you don't need a contract. With Digis your installation is virtually free. With Digis, you do not have your upload speed restricted, in other words Digis upload speed even beats comcast. Many Local Businesses use Digis, and they have no complaints about the service. You also get 10 email accounts(7mbps plan), optional internet filtering, and much more. Through Digis you can get your internet and phone in the same package for less than the competitors. There are also business packages as well. If you would like to sign up call 1-888-DIGIS-88, and just tell them you were referred by customer 19017, thanks. It's $139.99 for the installation before a $40.00 canopy rebate(antenna), and a $99.00 90-day Customer Loyalty Mail-in Rebate, so basically free. The basic plan (1.5mbps download / 512kbps upload) is $34.95 a month($29.99 internet, $5.00 canopy rental) The Ultra Highspeed Internet Plan (5mbps download / 2mbps upload) is $40.00 a month($34.95 for internet, $5.00 canopy rental). You won't find that kind of upload speed with anyone else, unless you were to purchase a $300 a month T1 connection. If you would like to know more information go to »www.digis.net, and again if you sign up tell them you were referred by customer 19017, thanks. I have had Digis for over two years and it has never failed on me, I get 4000+ download and 1300+ upload during busy hours, they have very good voip that beats vonage, it is worth every penny. About the unlimited bandwidth, there are months where I have downloaded over 20 gigabytes and my speed was still what I was paying for.

Comments:

Review by LolaT See Profile

• Location: Lehi,Utah,UT
Good "Faster then dial-up"
Bad "Customer Service is non-existent; Tech Support is a joke"
Overall "mediocre service; company is ridiculously unproffesional"

We have been with Digis since they purchased RadioBurst about a year ago.

Speed: let's put it this way; my daughter can't watch a freaking five minute cartoon on NickJr.com without it stopping and starting several times.

We have had countless tech support issues, equipment issues, mail, ftp issues, etc. They have been equally horrible at addressing all of them.

When you call in to tech support as I did twice today, you will be on hold before someone answers the phone for maybe 10 minutes or 20 minutes. If you are transferred, you run a high risk of getting "disconnected". No one who answers the phone will be able to help you at all. They will tell you an engineer will look at the problem and he is not in the office (because apparently there's only one?) and he will call you back... some day. They won't call you back and no one will follow up.

When you call back for the 50th time and finally get to talk to a technical guy, they usually site the reason for the problem which can take weeks to resolve to be related to someone getting fired and either steeling a server that was on the floor in someone's office or that guy being the only one with the administrative password to the server so now they have to move everything to another server, etc, etc. And if you didn't believe that, then the FTP server is also controlled by a MySQL server which has no value as far as explanations are concerned.

On crappy service and completely incompetent support alone I would not recommend Digis.