VoicePulse for Business & Wholesale page on DSLReports

Review by Granamear See Profile

• Location: Florence,Boone,KY
Good "Works with asterisk - Only pay for what you use."
Bad "No DID number in my area."
Overall "Easy to setup, Great audio quality."

Installation was a snap. I simply setup asterisk per their example and I was making calls. Total time of installation was no more than 10 minutes. VoIP service has been available whenever I have needed it.

Because I only pay for what I use (0.029 cents per minute) there is no monthly fee however I have seen other IAX termination points as low at 0.019 cents per minute.

This is a prepay service with a $10.00 minimum.

I have not contacted tech support so I can't comment on that.

I do wish they had 513 / 859 area codes as this would finalize my system.

All in all, voicepulse connect does exactly what they claim, and they do it well.

member for 10.1 years, 722 visits, last login: 6.1 years ago

Comments:

Review by gbroiles See Profile

• Location: San Jose,Santa Clara,CA
Good "Sets up fast, voice quality good"
Bad "Haven't found any"
Overall "Great option for Asterisk or other IAX connections"

I got Asterisk working and wanted to get outbound calling working. I signed up with a $10 charge against my credit card and got the configuration instructions immediately. I followed the examples and it worked, first time. Call quality has been very good (better than I get with Vonage over the same DSL line) with no dropouts or problems at all. They give me call detail in a CSV file and toll-free calls seem to be free.

I'm very happy with their service. I haven't had any reason to contact tech support so I don't have an opinion about it.

member for 13.3 years, 386 visits, last login: 1.6 years ago

Comments:

Review by rob1979 See Profile

• Location: Palm Coast,Flagler,FL
Good "Shipping was fast"
Bad "everything else"
Overall "If you have a problem with something dont hold your breath"

VOICE PLUSE IS THE WORST

This is the worse company I have ever had to deal with. Since day 1 I have had nothing but problems with them. The first machine they sent me didn’t work. It took a week to figure that out. Only because they email you back 2 to 3 days later. They have no customer service phone number that you can call. You would think a phone service "provider" would have a customer serivce number (especailly for new customers). If you get a response from them it is like hitting the lottery. When they sent the replacement they activated a NJ number and charged me for it!!! I tried to email them on that. NO REPONSE. -- no surprise . Since then I have CANCLED the service and had to resort to American Express to get my money back. So if you ask me if I would recommend this service? Use your imagination.

Comments:

Review by jds17j See Profile

• Location: Providence,Providence,RI
Good "Quick Activation, Seamless with Asterisk, Good Quality"
Bad "Some service issues, not bad though, some Rates are high..."
Overall "Great for use for testing out Asterisk or for Incoming Number"

I signed up a while ago with Voicepulse Connect and haven't really had a problem with them. I was just getting into * and wanted an IAX service I could use with it. The configuration was quite simple, both incoming and outgoing, and I use it for my voicemail system. I have extensions which are off network registered to * with softphones and i have a main menu when calling my Connect inbound number. I have a menu system set up so that the caller can reach each extension, a general voicemail box, or reach the voicemail system to check voicemail. Each extension also has a mailbox and the option to call out to the person's cell phone if they are not available. If they are not available by cell phone, the call is transfered back to the * system and a voicemail can be left there. This actually works great because the inbound number I have with Voicepulse Connect offers free incoming calls, for about $8 a month. Overall I have been pleased with the service they offer and I i like paying prepaid... Plus I have a number in a different city for Incoming. I run all of this off of a Comcast Cable connection. If you are wanting to work with *, give Voicepulse Connect a try

member for 10.3 years, 1160 visits, last login: 153 days ago

Comments:

Review by objective9 See Profile

• Location: New York,New York,NY
Good "Instant activation!"
Overall "A perfect service for slightly more technical users and hobbyists."

The VoicePulse Connect! service is based on a pre-paid system. When you sign up, you have to deposit a minimum of $10 into your account. As soon as you click "Done", your account is ready to go! They give you the SIP login/password to use in whatever hardware (Sipura SPA, Cisco ATA, Grandstream HT, etc) or software (Xten, SJPhone, Asterisk PBX, etc) that you wish. If you want incoming calls as well, you can pick a phone number and it gets instantly assigned to you. The cost of an incoming phone number is $7.99/month. This gets deducted from your available credit on the 1st of every month. They have an automatic recharge feature so you don't have to keep a close eye on your remaining balance. You just have to set the threshold and recharge level and it will take care of the rest for you. For example, you could tell them to recharge back to $10 whenever it goes below $1. The setup is amazingly easy for most hardware/software since it's as simple as adding three values to your device -- host, login, password. If you're using it for Asterisk, you're on your own for figuring out how to get it running, but they do provide example config files.

The cost for ALL outgoing calls (not including toll-free or international) is 2.95¢ per minute.

member for 10.6 years, 190 visits, last login: 9.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by williamray507 See Profile

• Location: Huntington,Cabell,WV
Good "PrePaid Service"
Overall "Good for someone like me"

I love the service because i can just buy time when i need it and it has been reliable for me and it is easy to use.

member for 12.8 years, 7435 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by underattack See Profile

• Location: Quincy,Norfolk,MA
Good "fancy hardware, good email support, good sound quality"
Bad "no phone support, more expensive then others"
Overall "Great geek choice, in particular if you use two VoIP services (e.g. FWD)"

First of all: This review is for the 'VoicePulse' service, not the pay-as-you-go 'Voicepulse Connect' service. But its the same company, just a different plan.

first the basics: I only did some limited testing so far. Most important to me is voice quality. I had no issue with it so far. All calls connected fine and the quality was equivalent to a regular phone.

Installation was easy. No issues with NAT and my linux firewall.

Voicepulse ships the 'Sipura' ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter). Like all of these devices, you plug one end into your network, and your regular telephone into the other end. The manual shipped with the device is meager. In particular compared to Vonage, the other VoIP company I am testing right now.

Voicepulse does offer more features (flexible call forward, conference rooms). Vonage is a bit cheaper (you get 500 instead of 200 long distance minute for $15, and international calls for countries I call are 5 Cents vs. 6 cents with voicepulse).

However, the reason I even bothered to try Voicepulse was the Sipura ATA. Its unique feature is the ability to use two VoIP provides in one device. As configured by Voicepulse, Line 1 is fixed to Voicepulse (and you can't change it). Line 2 is left open and you can use it for any other provider, like FWD or others that allow you to bring your own ATA.

Voicepulse right now only offers e-mail support. However, response times are adequate. After messing up my ATA (I just couldn't resist ), it took only a couple of hours for them to reply with detailed instructions how to re-provision it.

Comments:

Review by lestat99 See Profile

• Location: Piscataway,Middlesex,NJ
Good "Excellent Voice Quality. Good Reliability"
Bad "Email only customer service"
Overall "No problems. Would sign up again!"

VoicePulse is a NJ based VoIP provider that is the leader in features. Their voicemail has been reliable and features such as "call block" come in very handy. No problems with their service so far. Only grip is that customer service is by email only. However, when I have submitted an email someone has always called me back within 24hours.

Comments:

Review by CPM See Profile

• Location: Brooklyn,Kings,NY
Good "Clear calls."
Bad "Bad customer support"
Overall "Great product bad customer support"

They offer a great product. But they lack customer support. They need a 24 hour customer support number with a live person to talk to.

Everything else is A+

If you don't have a PnP router you will have problems installing it. But I can help if you need it. Just contact me at »www.computer-mensch-services.com

Comments:

Review by asterisk_boy See Profile

• Location: Hoboken,Hudson,NJ
Good "Excellent quality; runs over IAX; no fees or contracts"
Bad "No unlimited service available; no calling card service"
Overall "The best choice for Asterisk users"

as soon as I signed up and deposited $20 into my account (minimum deposit is $10), I received an email with simple and clear instructions on how to add their service to my Asterisk installation. minutes later, I was making long distance calls with no problems at all.

I've been using this service for about two months now, and cannot recall any negative experiences. while many of the consumer providers are only just now adding features such as outgoing caller id and low-bandwidth/low-complexity codecs, Connect! has had them all along. another feature which I find useful is that multiple simultaneous calls can be made from the same account.

one excellent feature of IAX is that it behaves perfectly through firewalls and routers -- none of the nat/proxy/stun hassle of SIP is necessary.

cost: 2.95¢/min for all outgoing calls to USA; $7.99/month for DID with no charge for incoming calls. international rates are satisfactory (see their site for latest rate info). my monthly usage is generally less than 350 minutes (i.e. $10 or less; I do not use the DID service). no unlimited plan is offered, but that's understandable considering the target market.

have never had to deal with tech support, so I give that a neutral rating.

one thing that would be nice to have is a calling card service integrated into account billing (but again, consider target market). however: using a combination of FWD, LibréTel, VoicePulse Connect! and Asterisk, I can easily create my own inexpensive calling card system that will function in most major cities in the USA.

this service is not right for everyone, but it's just about perfect for who I am.

supported protocols: IAX, SIP