VoicePulse page on DSLReports

Review by justDave See Profile

• Location: Brooklyn,Kings,NY
Good "Unmatched feature set"
Bad "Technical & customer support email-only and only when they're in the mood, poor call quality for many"
Overall "Stay away!!! You don't realize how important support is until you need it"

With very high expectations, I decided to upgrade from Vonage to VoicePulse two months ago. I was happy with Vonage but really wanted several features they did not offer. With the generally good press here, I figured it was worth a try.

Order and setup went smoothly and I sent back my LNP authorization promptly.

Then the problems began. Call quality was very poor. Sound often breaking up. Both my Vonage and FWD lines were fine. I sent an email to support. A few times back and forth in the emails but no progress.

In the meantime, the LNP was going nowhere. I asked for status several times and received no reply. Finally after about 4 weeks they sent a response that was complete nonsense. Apparently they neglected to provide certain entries on the LNP request and were asking me for the info. I told them to get it themselves. Another 2 weeks and several unanswered emails later I finally for the reply that the number could not be ported. Again no explanation. I persisted and they finally responded that there was an error on my request. fair enough but how coudl it take 6 weeks to get this far.

At this point I gave up and cancelled my service.

Two weeks later, I get an email from them that my LNP has been completed and sorry about that. Now my phone service is out and we're left trying to recover the number. VoicePulse continues to be unresponsive.

Lucky for me that Vonage tech support is so good. I never realized how good.

To sum up, it's fine as long as it's working but their support model is incapable of responding to any request (except pre-sales) in a timely manner. Since they also have no support ticket tracking system, even the far-between responses tend to be repetitive and go nowhere.

VoicePulse is a fun toy but don't rely on it.

member for 14.7 years, 1929 visits, last login: 11 days ago

Comments:

Review by shivahota See Profile

• Location: Leesburg,Loudoun,VA
Good "Easy Setup"
Bad "Bad Initial voice, No customer service at all, no refund for bad service"
Overall "Don't go with cheap companies which don't have Customer Service"

Started this service. Initial payment was about $60.00 and installation was easy.

But call quality and call breakup was frequent until router upgrade and other setups were done.

Soon realized that many people couldn't call my home number from the local area. No telephone customer service, so sent complaint via e-mail. Some initial feedback but then when they figured out they can't fix the issue, they completely stopped responding to all my complaints. Never provided an ETA for resolving the issue or gave back any credit to the account, eventhough the web-site clearly states that there is a "money back guarantee". Kept trying to get an answer for my issues or any credits to the account but nothing happened for 2 months. Totally frustrated by then I went ahead and cancelled the service.

Never got any money back or an answer from the so called broadband VoIP provider. In my humble opinion, don't even bother trying them. Go with someone who can atleast provide some customer support

Comments: