RNK VOIP page on DSLReports

Review by ehej19006 See Profile

• Location: Huntingdon Valley,Montgomery,PA
Good "Cheap/ Free Int\\\'l Calling, Excellent Quality. Good Pricing. Use on cell phone too."
Bad "Not So Pretty MyAccount (voip management) site. Caller ID only shows #."
Overall "Good Service. Good Price. Can Deal with Caller ID problem."

I\'ve had ReVoS for about 3 months now and am very happy. I have a brother who is presently stationed in Germany and now I can call him whenever I like, because with the ReVoS HomePlus plan I have, gives me unlimited calling to Germany (not to mention the like 30 other places too). I couldn\'t believe they were able to transfer my phone number, as other VoIP providers told me my numbers was not transferrable to their service, yet with ReVoS it was transferred! The other thing that really impressed me was that when you call Customer Care or Tech Support, the people really seem to know what they are talking about, and it seems as though both are in-house and not outsourced overseas (unlike many companies are doing now). The HomePlus plan also lets you link it up to your cell phone for about $5 extra per month, so I dial into a special number in the USA which recongnizes my cell phone and then I can make International calls at my ReVoS rates. I signed up on a Monday morning, the Sipura-2102 ATA was shipped the same day to me and I received it on Wednesday. Setup was pretty easy, you just plug the thing into the back of the router. I will mention however, that Caller ID presently does not display the name of the person who is calling, just the number. I\\\'ve spoken to my ReVoS Dealer, Pulse Technology Solutions (who\\\'ve I noticed has posted on this forum before), and he has advised me that they have engineers working on rewriting the code that is needed in order for the Caller ID to display the name again.

Comments:

Review by john20071 See Profile

• Location: Clovis,Fresno,CA
Good "call quality was okay"
Bad "headache calling mobile , incorrect billing"

i ordered galaxy voice and i recieved the hardware on 6th day , it was up and running , but the calls at times didnt connect , when they did voice quality was good , calling mobiles was headache and they used to get disconnected every minute, when i called my brother in melbourne , australia , my end showed the phone as ringing but it never actually rung at his end , while i culd call him from my cell phone and he told me dat phone never rang , but the problem was oky next day , when i got my first bill things seemed okay but my next month bill was tragic da calls to US were regarded as international calls and it showed big bills , i thought dat was mess and shifted to axvoice next month with same equipment as they also have backhand as rnk , but things seemed oky and same problems with mobiles , the bill i got from they is a shocker too , call to US regarded as international , some calls to Us were taken as calls to russia In and few to pakistan , so dat shows that axvoice and galaxy are even getting calls billed through rnk and the company has gone crazy to make money. i got my bill yesterday , i will get my service disconnected today

Comments:

Review by nathanj See Profile

• Location: Washington,District Of Columbia,DC
Good "Clear voice, Reliable, Great customer survice and support"
Bad "Web-site is not pretty"
Overall "Reliable and Solid"

I have been using RNK Direct »www.rnkdirect.com for over a month now. I have not experienced any down time so far and the voice quality is excellent. RNK's other site RNKTel »www.rnktel.com reveals that they are a telecommunications wholesale provider. It looks like they provide services and products to other telecom companies and resellers. Many forum postings at DSLreports site show that some of the better VoIP providers are actually reselling RNK VoIP services as their own. Perhaps it's due to their traditional telecom background that they have been absolutely reliable so far

The customer support was available on Sunday, when I wanted to configure port forwarding on the Sipura SPA-2100 - they indicate that they are available 24x7. The customer support person was very knowledgeable and friendly.

My VoIP plan is the VoIP4HomePlus, which allows unlimited free calls to the U.S., Canada, and about 30 countries. Other international calls are very low. Base price for my plan is $24.95 and (misc tax/fees of less than $1). They have several other plans with lower base price. I just wanted the Plus account since I make a significant amount of calls to the free (in-plan) countries.

Their web-page is, well, it's as if someone deliberately designed it to be functional and not fancy. You can check your account info, call records, features (enable/disable), current bills, voice-mails, etc. Functional but very unexciting.

One thing about RNK Direct is that despite its name, you can not sign up directly. You must go thru a dealer. My co-worker told me about Volarity »www.volarity.com, and that's how I became familiar with RNK. They are authorized dealer for RNK Direct. Some of their website links take you to www.rnkdirect.com, so I tried to sign up directly through »www.rnkdirect.com. However, a page will appear requesting the name of the dealer. So, it looks like you cannot sign up unless you provide them with dealer info. Volarity's signup actually takes you thru »www.rnkdirect.com/volarity which will take you thru secure RNK signup pages.

Once I signed up thru Volarity, I have been dealing directly with RNK. The Sipura SPA-2100 and set of instructions arrived from RNK. The customer service number provided is direct to RNK. My account administration website is directly from RNK. So, far this arrangement works well for me since I don't have to deal with some reseller on my account questions or requests.

Overall, I am very satisfied and recommend RNK Direct to anyone.

• Location: M4S
Good "unlimited calling to some contries, other than Canada"
Bad "Service is pathetic"
Overall "may be in the future, but not now!"

I ordered the service on the day it was announced. Since I am in Canada, it took
a while to get the Grandstream SIP adapter (286). The entire process was very
friendly, like in a home - based family business, which is the way it feels when
you contact them. If you dial Tech support number, the person picking the phone
does not sound sure what Technical Support is. The entire operation seems to be
run out of someone's basement.. I was lured by the free W. Europe calling, and as
soon as I got the adapter, I plugged it in and tried to call a friend. The result
was that I could hear the person fine and they had very strong echo to a point
where they could not continue the conversation. I entered the Advanced settings on
the SIP adapter (password: admin - a lucky guess, right off the bat!) and
reshuffled the protocols (you have a list of choices, in order of preference).
With G723 the outgoing calls were crystal clear, but there was NO incoming calls -
so I reverted back to the original sequence of protocols. After setting the IP to
a fixed one, and adding it to the QoS policy on my Xincom router the quality of
the calls improved. There is an echo in 80% of the calls and it is sometimes for
me and sometimes for the other party - never for both. All this happened on the
weekend, so (as one might expect by now) there was no tech support. Today I left
one voice mail to the tech and got twice through to someone who sounded very
surprised that I am calling this number (which, BTW is listed as a Tech Support
number on the pathetic excuse for a web site »www.rnkvoipservice.com/) .

As a result - if you are a "bleeding edge" enthusiast like me (or a
"techno-masochist" as my ex was calling people like that) - go ahead. Anyone else
- forget about it.

SOF

(review was emailed from domain lozev.com)