RNK VOIP page on DSLReports

Review by ehej19006 See Profile

• Location: Huntingdon Valley,Montgomery,PA
Good "Cheap/ Free Int\\\'l Calling, Excellent Quality. Good Pricing. Use on cell phone too."
Bad "Not So Pretty MyAccount (voip management) site. Caller ID only shows #."
Overall "Good Service. Good Price. Can Deal with Caller ID problem."

I\'ve had ReVoS for about 3 months now and am very happy. I have a brother who is presently stationed in Germany and now I can call him whenever I like, because with the ReVoS HomePlus plan I have, gives me unlimited calling to Germany (not to mention the like 30 other places too). I couldn\'t believe they were able to transfer my phone number, as other VoIP providers told me my numbers was not transferrable to their service, yet with ReVoS it was transferred! The other thing that really impressed me was that when you call Customer Care or Tech Support, the people really seem to know what they are talking about, and it seems as though both are in-house and not outsourced overseas (unlike many companies are doing now). The HomePlus plan also lets you link it up to your cell phone for about $5 extra per month, so I dial into a special number in the USA which recongnizes my cell phone and then I can make International calls at my ReVoS rates. I signed up on a Monday morning, the Sipura-2102 ATA was shipped the same day to me and I received it on Wednesday. Setup was pretty easy, you just plug the thing into the back of the router. I will mention however, that Caller ID presently does not display the name of the person who is calling, just the number. I\\\'ve spoken to my ReVoS Dealer, Pulse Technology Solutions (who\\\'ve I noticed has posted on this forum before), and he has advised me that they have engineers working on rewriting the code that is needed in order for the Caller ID to display the name again.

Comments:

Review by nathanj See Profile

• Location: Washington,District Of Columbia,DC
Good "Clear voice, Reliable, Great customer survice and support"
Bad "Web-site is not pretty"
Overall "Reliable and Solid"

I have been using RNK Direct »www.rnkdirect.com for over a month now. I have not experienced any down time so far and the voice quality is excellent. RNK's other site RNKTel »www.rnktel.com reveals that they are a telecommunications wholesale provider. It looks like they provide services and products to other telecom companies and resellers. Many forum postings at DSLreports site show that some of the better VoIP providers are actually reselling RNK VoIP services as their own. Perhaps it's due to their traditional telecom background that they have been absolutely reliable so far

The customer support was available on Sunday, when I wanted to configure port forwarding on the Sipura SPA-2100 - they indicate that they are available 24x7. The customer support person was very knowledgeable and friendly.

My VoIP plan is the VoIP4HomePlus, which allows unlimited free calls to the U.S., Canada, and about 30 countries. Other international calls are very low. Base price for my plan is $24.95 and (misc tax/fees of less than $1). They have several other plans with lower base price. I just wanted the Plus account since I make a significant amount of calls to the free (in-plan) countries.

Their web-page is, well, it's as if someone deliberately designed it to be functional and not fancy. You can check your account info, call records, features (enable/disable), current bills, voice-mails, etc. Functional but very unexciting.

One thing about RNK Direct is that despite its name, you can not sign up directly. You must go thru a dealer. My co-worker told me about Volarity »www.volarity.com, and that's how I became familiar with RNK. They are authorized dealer for RNK Direct. Some of their website links take you to www.rnkdirect.com, so I tried to sign up directly through »www.rnkdirect.com. However, a page will appear requesting the name of the dealer. So, it looks like you cannot sign up unless you provide them with dealer info. Volarity's signup actually takes you thru »www.rnkdirect.com/volarity which will take you thru secure RNK signup pages.

Once I signed up thru Volarity, I have been dealing directly with RNK. The Sipura SPA-2100 and set of instructions arrived from RNK. The customer service number provided is direct to RNK. My account administration website is directly from RNK. So, far this arrangement works well for me since I don't have to deal with some reseller on my account questions or requests.

Overall, I am very satisfied and recommend RNK Direct to anyone.

Comments: