Review by thx1200
Good "EXCELLENT value, great throughput, great customer service. NO CONTRACT!"
- Location: Raleigh,Wake,NC
- Cost: $59 per month
- Install: about 5 days
Bad "Tech support is only available 9am to 9pm on weekdays - no off-hours or weekend support!"
Overall "Other than the limited support hours, I have never been happier with an ISP."
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
I highly recommend Portbridge over the big telcos' DSL or local cable if you live in an area serviced by them (parts of NC and SC). I serve web pages and run my own SMTP server. I have never had a problem and never had an outage. They walked me through all of the settings to configure my router to speak with their modem correctly and were extremely polite and helpful. If you can live without 24 hour tech support, you will love this company. A side note: their support may not be 24 hour, but you always speak with somebody who understands the English language. I'll take high quality, but limited, local support over 24 hour crappy read-off-a-script foreign outsourced support any day of the week!
My connection stats.
- Type: ADSL
- Throughput: 3mb down, 512kb up.
- Contract: No
- Length of service so far: 4 months
- Uptime: 100%
- Setup charge: None
- Email: Not sure -- I did not want an email address with them
- Blocks ports: No
- IP address(es) registered as "dial-up" (may prevent some SMTP servers from communicating with yours, if you run one): No
- Equipment: Modem leased for free with active service; return on cancellation
- Modem: Zyxel -- supports routing multiple static IPs
- Static IP: Yes, I have a static /29 subnet. (modem appears to use PPPoE to connect to PortBridge itself)
- Monthly Charge: $59.95 (tax included; price is less without static IPs)
member for 8.5 years, 0 visits, last login: 8.5 years ago
lodged 8.5 years ago