IntraLink Communications page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by chuppante See Profile

• Location: Lehi,Utah,UT
Good "FAST! Reliable, if you have the Canopy antenna, free static IP"
Bad "Install is pricey"
Overall "Good value for the money, especially if you live where nothing else seems to be available"

IntraLink is now known as RapidWave. Found at »www.rapidwave.net

The service was pretty good initially. I had the 2.4 Ghz atenna and experienced ocasional down time and slow down. On this antenna I was getting a consistent peak average of about 4 Mbps down, and 4 Mbps up. Slow down how ever could take it to a couple hundred Kbps. Part of the reason for the fast speed is my location in relation to their transmit point. I live at the base of the mountain where it is located, and am one of the first homes the signal reaches.

I have since upgraded to the motorolla canopy atenna, 5.8 Ghz signal, much less interferrence from wireless networks, phones and other devices that muck up the signal. I have pulled over 10 Mbps with this antenna, however my upload has dropped to about 3 Mbps. The average is about 6 Mbps down, and 2 Mbps up.

Rapidwave is a good ISP, I have been happy with their service and would reccomend them to anyone over DSL and Cable.

Comments:

Review by JDJr7 See Profile

• Location: Lindon,Utah,UT
Good "Fast speed, nice people"
Bad "Kinda high install costs"
Overall "Good value"

I had DSL for a long time but I'm a bit far from the CO so the best I could get was 900k. I found Intralink through DSL Reports and worked with them to get it installed. It has to be installed on the roof so it took a while to get it installed due to weather, also I'm far from their access point so they wanted to make sure I could get a good signal before they put holes in my roof. I get 3 mb down and about 1mb up.

They put a dish on your roof that looks like a satellite dish and a network line into your house, you need to provide everything else.

So far it's been great. I'm getting much better speed for much cheaper then I was paying for DSL. It seems to be pretty stable too so far no problems in rain or snow. I don't think I've ever had a saturation problem and the installer was pretty knowledgable and explained a lot of things pretty clearly and was honest about the installation process and what to expect.

Comments: