WildBlue page on DSLReports

Review by imcintyr9 See Profile

• Location: Denver,Denver,CO
Good "Good question... Early termination charges are reasonable I suppose."
Bad "Where to begin? Oo, I know the sales department lying about available services!"
Overall "Steer clear of WildBlue (but HugesNet is just as bad)"
Mail,DNS,News:

WildBlue subcontracts their inbound sales team. They have ZERO scruples. I was told that there was no such thing as a business account and my only choice for our company was a residential account.

Of course we used too much bandwidth so the trickle of bandwidth we started with was choked down to a 5 second interval drip.

I can't understand how these companies stay afloat but the do...

Comments:

Review by larry1934

• Location: Augusta,Butler,KS
Good "Usually redily available and reliable"
Overall "I'm keeping WildBlue"
Mail,DNS,News:

I also had very slow connectivity May 6 PM and was finally able to connect to WildBlue forum. I found out there I was not alone. I learned of the service to test my download speed via testmy.net which told me what I already knew. This AM (May 7) connectivity again was very slow. I rebooted my satellite modem and now all is back to normal. The last testmy.net check showed I now had over 4 X the speed I had yesterday.

(review was emailed in)

Comments:

Review by wahoo50

• Location: Edgewater,Volusia,FL
Good "None"
Bad "Poor service undisclosed setup fees unreasonable cancellation policy"
Overall "Reported $203 cancellation fee to credit bureau showing unpaid 120 days past due."

I am glad to know I was not the only customer to have a horrendous experience with this company.The installation required an additional $180 undisclosed fees.The service was slowwwww support was pitiful and the regulating authorities should investigate.About 15 months into my \"contract\"I was no longer able to afford because of permanent disability fixed income and foreclosure of my home.They still wanted their $203 \"cancellation fee\" for service I never got!!!.I too would like to be made aware of any class action suits.This service was initiated through Dish Network at location 5015 Tranham Rd Whites Creek Tn 37189.

(review was emailed from domain yahoo.com)

• Location: Epping,Rockingham,NH
Good "none"
Bad "got service thru Blacksheep ,got equiptment can't get it installed!"
Overall "crappy service from the start"
Mail,DNS,News:

I was referred by Direct TV to go thru Wild Blue which then put the order thru Wild Blue wholesaler Blacksheep. I have the equipment which has been sitting at my house for 2 weeks and neither Wild Blue or Direct Tv will take the responibility of installing this equiptment.

Both of these compnaies are playing he said she said and I'm stuck equiptment,no service and the worst customer service from both on the entire planet!

All I wanted was internet service but all I've got is no service or installation what so ever....

(review was emailed in)

Comments:

Review by Luxe See Profile

• Location: Mcalester,Pittsburg,OK
Good "Downloads faster then dial-up"
Bad "FAP limit extremely unreliable connection latency expensive (69.95 a month excluding installation fees and equipment) )"
Overall "I don't think I would suggest the service to a gamer or a casual browser"
Mail,DNS,News:

I recently moved to an area where DSL and Cable were not available (of course) Oklahoma is scarce when it comes to internet. I ordered the 1.0mbs down and 200kbps up with a 12Gig threshold. I have had hughes.net at a different location just as bad except, I like the FAP controlling better (daily not monthly). Our service is down often, you cannot game on it, steaming is difficult, FAP limit. Go with dial-up this service is overpriced and overrated.

Comments:

Review by dashosen See Profile

• Location: Nederland,Boulder,CO
Good "Remote location coverage"
Bad "Poor upload speeds, customer service is questionable at best"
Overall "If you live in the moutains above boulder, investigate any avenue available before choosing this"
Mail,DNS,News:

I knew my options were limited in the mountains before I started down the path of choosing an ISP, the choices were HughesNet or WildBlue for Satellite service. When I talked to customer service I explicitly stated that for my job I need to ssh for oncall. If I would have gotten the minimum for upload (at 256K) it would have been livable, instead I got less than a 56K modem.

Part of this is shame on me. I did not read that there was a cancellation charge and their contract forbids VPN (this is not VPN but a console ssh - but that could be splitting hairs).

Regardless I called on 3 occasions about the upload speed. They made me download their diagnostic software to test the speeds, but the software never worked or posted results to their site. I directly asked if they would send an agent out to look and was told they could not without the results (what a great way to deliver run-around customer service).

In short ... if you have the option join the co-op which has better download speeds and reliable service (never down so far). If you cannot do that, get HughesNet. A colleague has them and has had no big issues as well as not punishing you with a cancellation charge. This service should advertise that it is ONLY for using a web browser, which is fine if you are still a 90s internet user. Thanks for wasting my time WildBlue.

Comments:

Review by kstorm16 See Profile

• Location: Leggett,Mendocino,CA
Good "Better than dial up"
Bad "Expensive, not as fast as dsl, cable or any other "high-speed" connection, DL limits are a bit limiting"
Overall "If you have no other options it is OK"
Mail,DNS,News:

Customer service sucks, and it isn't blazing fast but it is better than dial up which is the only other choice where I live. Given the opportunity I'd go back to anything else (cable, dsl, fios, etc) Also the 30 day rolling DL limits are a little oppresive, and I have the top package 15gigs!! Installation people were great though, Timely and professional. Rumors are that the speeds and data limits will be greatly increased this summer and I really hope so. Also, remember that getting this service is a min 2yr commitment. So basically, I'm happier than I was, but not as happy as I could be.

Comments:

Review by hoblory

• Location: Folsom,Saint Tammany,LA
Good "there is no good points"
Bad "the service was horrible from day one"
Overall "do not waist your money on this junk"
Mail,DNS,News:

When your service does not work like they claim, and you cancel, they will keep your money. I have sat. tv and on cloudy days I would have tv but no wildblue internet. It does not have to be very bad weather as they claim. My speed, when I did have service, was no faster than dial up, as they claim. On the back of Jason folse (jason@aerfectsatellite.com) wild blue buisness card reads, up to 30 times faster than dial up, reaches virtually everywhere w/a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, constantly connected. None of this was true in my case I ordered the service and on 11-06-09 they took $99.95 from my account and then on 11-16-09 they took $195.56 from my account. I canceled there junk before a 30 day period and on 12-21-09 they put back $18.32, keeping $277.19 of my money. I was totaly dissatisfied with every aspect of thier service. Olin Lory

(review was emailed from domain aol.com)

Comments:

Review by jrkauffm See Profile

• Location: Bennett,Cedar,IA
Good "I'm two miles too far for DSL so this is the only option"
Bad "Speed, cost, and reliability. You don't get what you pay for"
Overall "Wait for DSL - don't spend the money"
Mail,DNS,News:

Wildblue was the only broadband option for where I live. I started with the basic package not wanting to buy more than what I needed. I checked the speed it averaged around 250 down and 50 up - not good, but better that dial-up or so I thought. I noticed about a year later my speed dropped to a snails pace - seems that I got FAP'ed due to excessive use. I thought that was odd since the usage on my network hadn't changed. I don't down load movies or music, so I checked my network. I didn't find anything wrong so I changed out the router. After I got FAP'ed three times and changed out the router again, I decided to upgrade to the Pro package. They claimed up to 1.5M down a more bandwidth. The bandwidth is fine now - the speed is bad. I've never gotten better than 950 and that's in the morning before 8am. The technician is coming out this Thursday, if they can't fix it I'm going back to dial-up

• Location: San Antonio,Socorro,NM
Bad "slower than advertised"
Overall "better than nothing"

none
7500 mbs or bottom of offered
order good----istallation -I got it.- Installer was hard to understand.
ViaSat Surfbeam I.T.E. Model SM2000 compared to other equipment I'v seen mine looks used.

I don't think I have been above above 50% but I have been slower than I shwuld be.

(review was emailed from domain wildblue.net)