WildBlue page on DSLReports

• Location: Mechanicsville,Hanover,VA
Good "Thank you for internet service I could afford in an area where NOTHING else worked."
Bad "Service becoming unreliable and slowing. Now I have this junk to get"
Overall "Verizon has come to the woods!"
Mail,DNS,News:
(ratings well above consensus)

I didn't want to pay for the new dish ( ugly looking in front of house anyway) ,wait for the installer, etc. They may give you a break on the service,

(review was emailed from domain yahoo.com)

Comments:

Review by Enemy Decoy See Profile

• Location: Oak Grove,West Carroll,LA
Good "Netflix runs fine"
Bad "Gaming not possible"

I recently heard of wild blue exede and called for info. The man i spoke to on the phone gaurenteed 10-12mbps with 12-15 at peak hours. He also said that it was great for gaming. Excited, i made plans for them to be there 2 days later on thursday. Thursday they call multiple times saying he is on the way. Finaly that afternoon they call and say he had faulty equipment and will be there saturday instead. Saturday they call and confirm several times, then in the pm call and move to tuesday because of an "equipment shortage." Then on tuesday after confirming all day once again they cancel to friday because of network problems. Finaly show up on friday, hook it up and leave, not answering questions or being helpful in anyway. I have yet to reach speeds over 7.5mbps, and gaming is not possible at all. Unfortunately i didnt read reviews first, as ive seen several similar to mine just on the first page. Very dissapointing.

Comments:
BigVe

join:2005-07-15
Gulliver, MI

Read up on satellite

If you had done that you would know that ANY satellite internet service is pretty much unusable for gaming due to very high ping(500->1000 ms) It is unusable anyway because of their FAP.I go back on dial-up before i get any Hughesnet etc sat service.Good luck(you will need it)
KDICHEL12

join:2012-10-23
Keeling, VA

dont get wildblue,exede

i have had this service for 2 months now and have had nothing but problems. my internet goes on off on off, very aggravating when
you are trying to work online, i called the company and all they tell you is to upgrade, yea for what just to give them extra money cause they sure as hell dont give you the service they made it out to be, they say i used all my download usage, but how can u use download usage if you dont download or stream anything, i got a not on the 13th or 14th saying I've already used 70% of my usage and never downloaded anything, so what is the deal wild blue exede, YOUR RIPPING PEOPLE OFF, WHY DONT YOU COME TO REALITY AND GIVE THE PEOPLE THEIR MONEYS WORTH, ST0P RIPPING PEOPLE OFF, I AM VERY VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THEM,

• Location: Webbers Falls,Muskogee,OK
Good "Not One Thing"
Bad "Everything"
Overall "I was lied to from my first contact with this company"

I will make this short and sweet because I have wasted enough of my time and my money on this scam. I was lied to about the service (the salesperson pumped it up to be way more than it was), the period of time to return the equipment and cancel the service (I was told 30 days by the installer, but no such thing exists) and the speed of the service (much slower than DSL and goes off and on completely at random.) Everything I was told changed once the equipment was installed. Now I have a service that is slower than the DSL I traded in for this garbage and this scam of a company will do NOTHING to make it right. Now I am pretty much being told that I am stuck with it and too bad. I will do everything I can to steer people away from this company.

(review was emailed from domain ayerskoi.com)

Comments:
BigVe

join:2005-07-15
Gulliver, MI

You should have known better...

....just by reading reviews from either Hughesnet or Wildblue what you had coming.I would go back to either Dial-Up Or No Internet at all before i would deal with either one of those scammers.Both of them should be closed down by government for lying and stealing from the customers

LindaM

@mycingular.net

regret going with this service

I set up service before I read the reviews. The day before I was supposed to get service, my son told me to read reviews. I am glad I did. I contacted customer service and told them I wanted to cancel installation. That was a big fiasco. After five phone calls, with five different answers, I was finally told my refund won't be issued for 14 days. When I called the cancellation dept. all I got was music and no answer. If this is that bad now, I can only imagine what it would be like after service. I also talked with one person who had this service and she hates it. She said it is slow and keeps going down. No thank you...I'm glad I found out before I was stuck with something that doesn't work as told.

Review by Aranarth See Profile

• Location: Stanwood,Mecosta,MI
Good "If you do not have access to DSL, Cable, or LTE its better then dialup"
Bad "Its only better than dial up, expensive, low download caps"
Overall "meh, krogoth not impressed"

·Frontier Communi..
At the time we got it the choices were, dial-up, satellite, or nothing.

Connection is generally stable, there is some rain fade but its not that bad. On occasion DishTV is down but we still have internet connection. Generally if Wildlbue is down its a pretty good size storm going through.

When we first got it 7 years ago ping time averaged around 600-700ms and I could still play Everquest. Now ping times average around 900 to 1500ms sometimes as high as 2000ms and you can forget about any only gaming except for flash games.

I can't wait till we get DSL, or 4G. Unfortunately DSL is going to be by Frontier. I'm going to try out 3g/4g from millenicom and see what sort of service I get.

member for 2.4 years, 670 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

A Holbert

@comcast.net

stay away

Wild Blue or Via Sat are a crooked company and the internet is always freezing up.
You have to restart your comp. all the time.
They only accept payment through a credit cardThey keep taking money after contract is up and I returned the equipment and have proof of delivery and they still charged me for it. They need to be shut down.
STAY AWAY!!
Kaosfury

join:2011-06-27
Altavista, VA

Re: stay away

if your computer freezes, its your computer, not the internet
JayRov

join:2012-06-07
Utica, MS

Thanks for the Run

Thanks for the run away advice, I have had 6 hook-up appointments, and still don't have their service. I will stay with Hughes Net, at less they show up when they say they Will.

Review by 2lakes

• Location: Kingston,Shoshone,ID

My usage is at 61 percent and it is not even opening most web pages even
when working its best gaming and voice over ISP is impossible streaming is
the only thing its good for but it uses up what little usage you have. The
service is setup to benefit wildblue not the customer, they just try to sell
you more time at outrageous cost .

(review was emailed from domain gmail.com)

Comments:

nothappy

@fsr.net

Don't use this company

This internet company is the worst commpany to work with ever. They cancel the hook up service and never follow through, they just suck!! I would not use these people period!
Kaosfury

join:2011-06-27
Altavista, VA

Re: Don't use this company

no clue in what point you were trying to make. sounds like a rant, not advice

Review by MsSanta See Profile

• Location: Liberty Hill,Williamson,TX
Good "customer service is very kind. But that's it for the good."
Bad "speed connection. I average 1/3 the speed I am paying for. It is terribly expensive. Their fair access policy is unfair"
Mail,DNS,News:

I'm paying $80/mo. to WildBlue for 1.5 Mbs and getting an average of .5 Mbs.
I'm pretty certain this isn't legal. Have I any recourse, I wonder. Surely
the FCC has pulled licenses for far less egregious deceptions. This is, I
believe, simply crooked. Why? Because they are charging me $80/mo. even
though I rarely get the speed I paid for. In fact today at 6:00 pm in
Central Texas I am running at .05 Mbs. And Wildblue is aware of this because
I and many other customers have complained to them. They have received the
results of our shockingly low speed tests. I have a friend who is using
Toast, a dial up service, and her internet access is far speedier than mine.

Wildblue has some of the nicest customer service people I have ever talked
to. I believe they are hired carefully and given a great deal of time to
talk to their irritated, bilked customers. The reason for this is to head us
off at the pass, before we file formal complaints with the FCC.

I don't know what to do about this. But after 6 years with this company I
have reached and now passed the limits of my patience.

Comments:

n1581j

@wildblue.net

Oh so right

On rare occasions I get just over half the advertised speeds, of course, it's up to such and such to give them a lot of leeway. Last night I tried to do a ViaSat survey they sent me, 13 attempts over a 10 minute period, each time having to reload, I quit in the end as a bad job. Right this minute I'm showing 169 kb/s so no, I doubt if I will upgrade. I'll stick to 3G at least it's fairly constant and of course I don't have the caps I currently have
rusriverman

join:2007-10-24

Lack of consistent connection and speed and now.... Excede

I've been a loyal and long time customer of wild blue, the speed has been a problem from the beginning, it's really the latency that is the biggest problem. I do get speed upwards of 1.3 on my 1.5 service. But it's spotty at best and often not working at all in the evenings, first thing in the am. It's really a horrible service, but now they have "Excede" but they aren't offering it to existing customers only to new customers, that's a fine thank you for being a customer. Just one more reason to leave wild blue.
ricky565

join:2012-05-28
Orangefield, TX

Re: Lack of consistent connection and speed and now.... Excede

not to be rude or any thing but thay did offer a special for wildblue to go to exede and like you i was with wildblue for about 6 years. the old wild blue was not vary good even a heavy fog would knock off my connection, but so far Exede is has been great I can even use netflex with out the skipping and fog has no effect. It is my best option where i live. I just hope thay dont over sale it. At this time its great.

Review by revdennis See Profile

• Location: Waynesboro,Wayne,TN
Good "best advertised speeds via satelite"
Bad "inadequately equipped sales support team / rediculously low monthly bandwidth limits for the advertised speeds."

I ordered WildBlue High-Speed Internet via Satellite on 2/14. At that time the only install date they had was 3/14, while I was out of town. I told them that would not work. They said I would have to call back in a few weeks to schedule a new time. I did, but customer support cannot find dates to install. They say they are escalating the issue and someone will call you back (it has been weeks). No one ever calls. Then they show up without an appointment to install on 3/14, but they do not even knock on the door (my brother in law was home all day). They charged a $149 setup fee over a month ago! I think if they are not available to install the equipment for the foreseeable future they should not charge you upfront!

Comments:
JayRov

join:2012-06-07
Utica, MS

Hook Up

I have had 6 appointment to get hook-up with this service and so far they have not shown up. I get phone calls from the installer saying that they are running late, or they have been over booked. Maybe it is a good thing that they have not shown up, I will stay with Hughes Net at less they show up when they say they will

Review by jdtxdot See Profile

• Location: Fort Davis,Jeff Davis,TX
Good "When nothing else is available."
Bad "Expensive"
Overall "Depends on how bad you want it."
Mail,DNS,News:
(ratings well above consensus)

Have had good service with Wildblue. It is VERY important the dish is set up properly. If you have to call technical support, they can see your signal strength..

Comments:

Review by mwkessler See Profile

• Location: Harrington,Kent,DE
Good "better than dialup when it works"
Bad "Out of 4 day I have been able to use it less than 4 hour due to gateway being down."
Overall "The worst company to deal with. If you have another choice DO NOT BUY FROM WILDBLUE!!"

Exede 12/3 15 gb limit $79.99

I finally decided to purchase service on Wild blues new satellite service Exede. They scheduled the installation for last Wed. At 8am. When the technician was late I called Wildblue, they assure me he was still coming. At 10:30 I called and then again at 11:30, 1:30, 3:00 and 5pm. Finally at 5pm they admitted he was not coming because he was on vacation. The Manager promised to pull a person from NJ and send him down on Thurs. At 1pm. The next day, he actually showed up at 12:30, 1/2 early. I watched him install everything very carefully making sure he doted his I and crossed his Ts. When it was time to install the modem and sign the contract I was very excited, after all it was 12mbs download and 3mbs upload.

When he tried to access the contract, it would not come up, in fact nothing on the internet worked. He decided it was the tria ( LNB ) that was bad, so he climbed up on the roof and replaced the tria. He came back into the house positive he had fixed the problem. Once again he tried the internet with no good results. This time he was sure it was the modem so he replaced it next. Next he replaced all of the cable and connections, next was the ground and the grounding block. Finally after doing the install 2 times and it was now 6pm. He decided to call Wildblue. The first call he was on hold for 45 minutes, the second call was over 1 1/2 hours wait time. With no answers from Wildblue he was even more determined to fix the service. So for the next 1:45 he just stared at the modem. It was now 10pm and I had convinced him to leave and come back another day. As he was leaving he made the promise to have a lead technician call me on Friday. That night I turned off the modem and router for the night and went to bed. The next day was Friday and I expected the Manager of the installation company to call me along with the lead technician. After several hours of waiting I called the company. They said the manager was too busy and the lead technician was out on a call, but when they got free time they would call me. While I was waiting for them to call I hooked up the old rusty and extremely mobile broadband and went on line to do some research. I decided that I would call the Manager and Technician again. This time it was 2:30pm. I was notified by the receptionist that both people had decided to leave early for the weekend. So there I was with my new satellite and no service. I finally found a link on a website that took me to another that had some useful information on it. In the post, I read that while doing regular maintenance on my local internet gateway they ran into a problem and their down time had been extended to 3:30pm from 11:00pm the night before. I decided to try rebooting the modem 1 more time. Yea!!!!!!!!!! The modem locked on the satellite beam and I now had internet. Here I was all connected to the internet with a connection of 21mbs download and 3 mbs upload and didn't know what to do. I finally started browsing, listened to some music and watched a few videos. I then realized that Wildblue had never told the technician. That the local internet gateway was down, during any of his may calls. That night at 11:00pm, like clockwork the internet disconnected and I lost my connection. As of this moment I am using my mobile broadband to post this because the connection is still not up yet!

All I can say is this has been a very frustrating and expensive lesson learned. Never ever ever ever do business with Wild blue. They are one of the worst companies I have ever seen run. It’s not a wonder they have not gone out of business because of their terrible customer service and communication skills. Also, I still have not gotten a single call from them yet. Unfortunately I am locked into a 2 year contract with them and still after 4 days, do not have internet. I spoke to a friend who lives in WV and was having his installed today... The very same happened to him........

member for 10.4 years, 195 visits, last login: 1.6 years ago

Comments:

hdman
Flt Rider
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI

Updates?

Just checking to see if you had any updates to your install problems?

Kfouquette

Re: Updates?

Had my upgrade to Exede yesterday at 9am. 3 hours later, hardware is done but the account won't upgrade/update/authenticate. NOthing can be done until WildBlue fixes the account. 30+ hours layer, account and Internet still aren't working and no one at customer service seems to know anything. They actually told me to call a special number - its so special that no one ever answers!!!!! What a joke! Now I get to wait, probably until Monday but I doubt anything will be working then either..
~K Fouquette

K Fouquette

Re: Updates?

Update: exede is still not working. Spent the weekend calling for updates, but no one seems to know anything. Tech is coming at noon to remove Exede hardware and reinstall the old WildBlue. So aggravating!!!
mwkessler
Wildblue

join:2003-10-24
Harrington, DE

Working

I an finally up and working but is nothing like they promised. They are going to have to lower the price to keep customers.
piith

I am Not There I do Not Sleep

Review by dori7711 See Profile

• Location: Cody,Park,WY
Mail,DNS,News:

This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with. Run AWAY if you are thinking of trying it. I have spent over 10 hours on the phone trying to cancel this service and 4 weeks later I am still trying. It is like a phone hell trying to work with them. They have charged my credit card $500.00 and the service was never hooked up and now I can't get it cancelled. Incompetence at the very least. Go try another company.

Comments:

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

Easy to Dispute!

Dispute the charge with your credit card company.

(Is this a TEMP AUTH or actually a POSTED CHARGE?)