TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by carlom See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "Pre-Installation info and modem delivery"
Bad "Installation was a nightmare and TekSavvy insists on charging me for service when they were never able to get me connected"
Overall "You get what you pay for. Horrible installation and questionable billing practices, avoid at all costs"

·Videotron
I am currently on Cable Internet (with Videotron) and consistently get 15/10 speed but the high price drove me to explore options. I decided to give TekSavvy an opportunity. When I ordered the DSL 25/10 service, I had high hopes and was excited about potentially improving my speed and bandwidth at a significantly lower price. Here's the story:

1.) Ordered 25/10 via the website. process was simple and smooth. No issues

2.) Modem arrived about 3 days later. No issues.

3.) On the date of installation, I was told 2 technicians would pass by, one would work inside the house while the other (the Bell technician), would work outside.

3a) The 1st technician arrives around 2 pm. Installs a POTS splitter at the point of use (my living room), plugs in the modem. There is no DSL signal but he says that's normal because the Bell (outside) tech hasn't done his work yet. All told, this 1st tech was present less than 15 minutes.

3b) After waiting around all day and not getting a DSL signal (flashing light on the modem) I open a chat session with TekSavvy asking if they could confirm if the Bell Tech hooked up the DSL. I'm told to wait until the next day, everything should work

4.) On Day 2, there is no DSL signal. I call TechSavvy Support

4a) Phone tech tells me Bell (outside tech) had confirmed they passed by and the DSL should be hooked up. Phone tech says they are concerned it might be my inside wiring. Asks me to take the modem outside to plug it directly into the Telco DEMARC jack to see if I get DSL signal. I trudge through 3 feet of snow in my back yard and plug the modem into the DEMARC. No DSL signal. TekSavvy Phone Tech says he'll open a ticket with Bell Canada but warns me that if they find there is a DSL signal at the DEMARC, I will be charged ~$90. I figure it's a small risk and tell him to go ahead.

5.) Day 3, Bell dispatch calls to ask if their technician can pass by in the afternoon to do the testing. I agree. Bell Tech arrives at 5 PM. He goes to Bell Neighborhood NODE and returns to my house. Informs me the DSL was never hooked up at the NODE. He then spends the next hour outside at Telco Box and on the Bell pole, comes back and tells me all is good. DSL signal works at the DEMARC. We connect the Modem to the splitter (in my living room),and, guess what, no DSL signal ! He tells me it's the wiring inside my house and I have to deal with TekSavvy on that issue.

6.) Day 4, I decide to take the modem, trudge through 3 feet of snow in my backyard to the Telco box and test the DSL signal myself. Lo and behold, no DSL signal at the DEMARC !!

7.) I call TekSavvy and politely inform them I have had enough adventure and would like to cancel the order. Clearly, given the above, it's best to just realize this won't work and just move on. The TekSavvy representative asks me if I'd be willing to have another technician (the 4th) come by, I told them it was pointless given the experience. Especially since I would be risking the $90 Bell Tech charge. 4 days of effort was much more than I signed up for, especially since I paid for installation.

Here's the worst part:

Even though I was NEVER able to get a DSL signal and the service was NEVER rendered, TekSavvy tells me I will not be refunded for the 1st month of service ($44.95 + tax) or the cost for installation and they will accept the modem return but I will be charged a $25 restocking fee. I told them I would not argue regarding the cost for installation (the guy did show up) or the modem restocking fee (I wanted to be a nice guy) but the fact they would not refund the 1 month of prepaid service was ridiculous !! Keep in mind, I did all I could to get this to work, I was polite to their telephone reps and technicians, I personally assisted by checking the DEMARC twice and NEVER, not for a second, got any Internet service (a fact their phone technician confirmed). And TekSavvy feels justified not refunding the month of service? Charging for services NOT RENDERED is akin to THEFT.

I would expect a responsible company to acknowledge the above experience and agree to a refund in full, however, given TekSavvy is essentially a reseller, I figured I'd be completely fair. I didn't argue the installation charge(although with no DSL signal, I think I'd be justified in asking for this to be refunded as well), I didn't argue the modem restocking fee (although I doubt the modem was new, as advertised) but when I was told I'd have to pay for the month of service, which was never delivered, well, that's is just too much. As I said earlier, charging someone for a service you DID NOT DELIVER is unethical and akin to theft.

I will post the above story to all relevant websites until I receive proper resolution to my grievance.

Comments:

TSI JonD
join:2013-07-29

Hello Carlom,

Thank you very much for the review and for bringing this to our attention. All feedback is appreciated. I'm very sorry to hear about the frustrations you've had with this install. I would be more than happy to look in to this for you but I will first need to ask you to create a ticket here.

You will simply click the drop down menu and select "DSR - I was instructed to create a ticket."

Then from there simply provide as much of your account info as you are able to and we will be able to assist you shortly.

Regards,
Jon
carlom

join:2013-12-21
Laval, QC

2 edits

Re: Review

Ok. As requested, I have opened a ticket ( ticket # 48838). Let's see where it goes from there. I'll post progress on this review as well.

Review by fred222 See Profile

• Location: York,ON
Good "price"
Bad "Support is non existence. Teksavvy depends on Bell's support for DSL "
Overall "terrible service"

I have my home phone line and Internet on DSL with Teksavvy. i used to be with Bell on DSL. I have had nothing but issues with their service. Both my home line and DSL drop intermittently. I get a lot of static on the line. I have called them numerous times but still nothing. Teksavvy is cheap for a reason. they really are not able to give support what so ever. I am considering leaving and possibly going to Rogers on cable.

I would like to update this review as of May 21 2013. David at Teksavvy support took ownership of my issue. We had to call the Bell techs to come to the house multiple times. They eventually found a bad distribution cable on the Bell side. My line has been static free for over a week now and DSL has been solid since then. Let’s hope it stays this way.

Thank you all for your support at Teksavvy

Update Dec 17 2013

The static on the landline came back. It worked fine with no issues until last Friday Dec 13 2013 then all of a sudden the static came back. Teksavvy support has not been helping me. Mathew in support wanted me to go home so they could run some tests. When I got home I called support Shawn answered and he said there were no tests that he could do. I am very confused. The support agents tell me different things. no one is willing to take responsibility for my issues.

I get a lot of static intermittently on the line. The static is quite obvious at the NID when it occurs. I have connected an analog phone on the NID and I still hear the static.

Numerous Bell tech have showed up but still nothing. Teksavvy wants to send another Bell tech again.

This is the last time I am going to wait for a tech to show up. If the problem is not fixed I'm looking elsewhere.

Comments:

TSI Martin

Static on the phone

Hello,

Very sorry to hear you are having issues with your phone service. Due to this, it may be the cause of your issues with your DSL service as well.

If you would please send me a PM TSI Martin See Profile or post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum. We would like to see what is happening and the reason why a Bell tech has not been sent to your house to fix the issue at the Demarcation point.

Please refer this review in order to help you better. »Review of TekSavvy DSL by fred222

Thanks & Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Hi Martin,
thank you for your reply. The Bell techs have come twice. They keep saying the line tests fine. There are times that I don't have DSL or dial tone. The problem is intermittent. The number that the DSL is on is [phone number removed for privacy] in the Toronto area.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Hello Fred,

I see that you have messaged Martin and that you wont be available until after 6pm.

We will organize to have someone call you after 6pm to help resolve this issue.

Cheers,

Andre
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

Hambone

@rogers.com
Had a phone problem here, called India and they sent Techs out twice, no problem the techs say. Finally got a number in London, ON for service. Called it, problem fixed in two days. It was at a switching station miles from here. Furthest the first two techs I got when I called in to Bombay for service was the Bell panel just up the road.

Re: Static on the phone

I think you are correct. I have been in touch with TSI support. They sent a tech to install a POTS splitter. I am 100% sure that the problem is at the CO not in the house. The problem is that everyone blames the house wiring/phone/modem.
In the weekend I heard a lot of clicking on the line. I disconnected all cable pairs going into the house at the demarc. I put an analog phone on the demarc. I could still hear the clicking very loud. To me this is a CO issue.
I'm still in communication with TSI support. Someone from support is trying to help me. I am hoping they are able to fix the issue.

·TekSavvy DSL

Update

As of today May 05 my DSL and phone line are not fixed yet. TSI support calls Bell. Bell techs show up. First thing they do they remind me that I am not a Bell customer then they say there is nothing wrong then they leave. There must have been 6 or 7 techs that have shown up in the past month and half.
If anyone at TSI has a suggestion please let me know. Maybe there are other option? My DSL and phone lines were down from Saturday morning till Sunday morning. They just came up now. I know they will go down again. I am sure you have seen this scenario before, any ideas?

Response to Update

Hi There,

I'd like to have a look into your account to ensure that everything is in order and ensure the miscommunication you experienced didn't affect anything. I'm hoping this most recent bell tech will resolve the issue. Please feel free to open a ticket with us »help.teksavvy.com/hc/en-us/reque···orms/new so we can investigate or if you have any questions on the upcoming dispatch.

I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for all of your patience!

Review by donkey See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC

·Acanac
I have been with Teksavvy for a number of years now. I have never had to call them on the telephone, because they have their direct forum here at dslr.

Any issues, and when I say issues, have not broken my dsl connection with tek, have been trivial and more to the point of being stuck on a crappy lucent/stinger remote that both I and tek have no control over.

My only issue is that, here in Quebec the 15/1 plan costs $7 more a month compared to my brethren in Ontario. Same tariffs for both Quebec and Ontario, but yet I pay more.

In closing, teksavvy has been great to me, their 300g cap with 2am to 8am grace period where it doesn't count (uploading doesn't count either for the entire month) I've easily stayed within my allotment for the month.

member for 6.2 years, 2054 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Martin

Your Review

removed.

Hi,

Thanks for your review. We always appreciate a good word from our users.

I'm waiting for an answer concerning the ON vs QC pricing for you.

Re: Your Review

I had asked Marc about it in the past, he responded that he explained it in another thread, sadly I couldn't find it.

Montreal, QC
It has been a few weeks, thanks for the reply/answer?

I could get a faster telephone answer than this! (that's sarcasm because everyone waits hours)

Re: Your Review

Ok I take back that last comment, apparently rogers put a hockey stick in tesavvy's spokes and grinded their phone support to a halt.

Re: Your Review

Good bye Teksavvy, it's been fun, but your inability to specify or prove why you have to charge me $7 more a month than someone in Ontario has driven me out. Godspeed.
JB Webs you say? Sounds like a SCAM to me!

Review by kuhlaire See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Customer service reps understood why I was angry."
Bad "Incompetent service, incompetent communication, NO compensation"
Overall "I wouldn't touch teksavvy internet ever again, not with a ten foot pole. "

I just moved, and am a student who has papers to write and research therefore really need internet on a daily basis. When I moved in, I ordered internet by going to my uni library. When I ordered, I was a bit shocked to find out that on top of the $40 monthly fee, there was a $50 activation fee. Fine. They gave me the option to select a date that was only 6 days from the day I ordered - I was happy because I needed internet ASAP. But then received a confirmation that it would now be 10 days after. Fine. They said "please make sure someone is in the house from 12-9pm, 2 technicians will be coming" and so I stayed in from 12-9pm, skipping classes and could not study as I had no internet. After a whole day, finally at 8.30 pm I receive a call from ONE technician saying he'd be there in a few minutes. Happiness. A few minutes later, he calls me and says he's a few doors away - and I get confused and say no, I live a few doors down. He says "what? okay..." and then proceeds to tell me he will call me back. He calls back and says he cannot enter the house because he was given a different address. He said the other technician must have gone and left too and advises me to call TekSavvy.

By this time I am fuming - a good day of studying was wasted waiting around, for NOTHING.

I call Teksavvy who keep me on hold, for a good 20 minutes. Love that hold music. NOT. Every so often the auto-recording would tell me that if I want to change my services, I can do it "online!" -- let me ask you this, teksavvy, HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO GET ONLINE? HOW?

Once I talk to a customer service rep, she investigates and realizes that there was MISCOMMUNICATION - somehow Bell got the wrong address. She tells me that all they can do is give me a new installation date. I ask if I can cancel, she just gently tells me that sure I can, but I will not get my activation fee refunded - a good $50. I am a student. $50 pays for a week's food.

I wait around one whole day for technicians who do not show up - and instead of COMPENSATING me, they instead threaten me by telling me they will not refund my money. By this time my head is spinning from stress.

I say FINE. She tells me the earliest she can book me in is the 16th - experience tells me that they will not come on the 16th, that they will probably confirm on a later date. I hang up. I start fuming because I realized that I cannot afford to wait around for them - not during this busy exam period.

I call back. I tell them, I have no desire to have internet serviced by such a retarded company. I shouldn't have to pay for their incompetence. THEIR mistakes. NOT MINE. I waited. I stayed in. In the end, after a lot of fuming about how this is not my fault and they have no right to lock me in to their company, they magically are able to issue me a refund but told me that it will only be processed within 48 hours --

after such INCOMPETENCE, I won't hold my breath that I will get my HARD-EARNED money back.

Way to go Teksavvy, Way to frikkin GO. You mess up, you don't compensate me, but expect to hold on to MY money. I needed internet ASAP - now I have to survive by going out to Timmie's every day.

Comments:

TSILiz

Hi There,

Yikes, this is not the type of experience we like to provide. I'm really sorry to see this. There are a few things I can tell a couple of us would like to investigate because I want to ensure everything that could have been done for you, has. I especially want to look into this address miscommunication- please open a ticket with us at »help.teksavvy.com/hc/en-us/reque···orms/new and we will look into this ASAP.

Thanks for your cooperation and sorry again for your troubles,

Review by UnHappyinBR See Profile

• Location: Belle River,ON
Good "They are very, very sorry"
Bad "Everything"
Overall "They were a mistake"

I wanted to drop my home phone line and DSL modem from Bell for all the obvious reasons; number one being cost. My home phone line was $43 a month with tax and the only features I had were call display and unlisted number. I picked up an OOMA from Costco (voip system) and installed it while Bell was still running. Good system and my monthly bill is now $5 a month. Teksavvy was a little cheaper than Bell and I was very frustrated with their DSL modem; always an issue. After my 3rd refurbished modem had issues; I had given up on them. That was tough; since I had the same sympatico email address for over 10 years.

I signed with Teksavvy and purchased all the DSL equipment from them. They told me I could get Cable instead of DSL. Cogeco reconfirmed that there is no cable on my street and Teksavvy doesn't have good information; so DSL was my only choice. They offer 300 gigs vs. the 120 I get from Bell (I paid extra just to get to 120 gigs). We weren't allow to keep our old bell phone number as well - very angry that the government allows Bell to do this!

Teksavvy sales told me someone from TekSavvy would be out to the house to configure the modem, etc. My wife stayed home all day and we found out that Bell just shows up to install a dry loop since we were not keeping our phone line. I called Teksavvy at 3pm to ask what was going on and found out that new piece of information. Bad start already. Bell person came at 4pm.

By 9pm that night - bell internet was still working, I thought I would try the new modem from Teksavvy. I got it all connected - red internet light on the modem. I called tech support. Long wait times. Eventually talked to a nice guy, who couldn't help at first because I have "case manager" but they don't work past 9pm and he could get in trouble if he helped me. Several long waits on hold when he told me he could help me. We reset the modem SIX times. The menu to configure the modem was not on the screen (BTW: I actually work in the IT Field). He said the modem was probably in bridge mode; we may have to reset it up to 6 times. So that's what we did. Still nothing. By this point it was 11pm and I went to bed.

Called this morning from work - they have no idea what the issue is and wanted to troubleshoot over the phone. Sounds like the modem is "easy" to configure but there are no options to configure it because its in bridge mode. I spoke to the "case manager" this morning - she was less than pleasant. Every time I speak to Teksavvy the recognize they have issues; but they don't do anything for me other than explain how they should fix their "issues". I agree. Still I'm paying for internet and have no internet and its my job to fix it. I ordered 30 days in advance; they had time to ready for this.

Side note: When I was shopping around (clearly I did a bad job shopping around), they told me I could get Cable - should have been my first clue not to sign up. Then they took my address that I supplied them and they used it to ship me some silly poster. Why, I don't know. It didn't fit in my end of the street little mailslot so I had to go out of my way to go to Canada Post on a busy Saturday, thinking it might be something important to find this poster they shipped me. They could have asked if I wanted it. Why I would want it is beyond me. I had no idea they would do this - why not at least ask me before shipping me this "gift"?

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Hello UnHappyinBR,

Thank you for the review. I regret to read this review, it doesn’t sound very pleasant at all. This isn’t the type of service or experience we want for our customers. I would like to review your account and see what has happened here. Can you please send us a message in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct with your account information please?

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
Authorized TekSavvy Employee
dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
·ITalkBB

Bell Technicians

Apparently it's not obvious enough, but ACTIVATION is done by Bell Technicians, not Teksavvy!

If you want a real Teksavvy technician to fix things, it will cost extra, which is why the Bell Technician comes with the activation fee.

If you don't have a Bell Phone service in a household, then you will have to pay a $5 dry loop fee every month on top of the service (it's a way for Bell to make a tip and not shut their door on Teksavvy).

Finally, the modems vary depending on what service level you are getting. If you get a VDSL modem, which basically means a service greater than 15/1, you're most likely going to get a working functional modem.

If it's a ADSL, which is sub 15/1, it's most likely older modems which are configured differently.

Sometimes you can buy a modem and activate the services yourself by giving them your MAC Address, having good researching tools and knowledge helps you save money there and lets you configure the thing better.

I think the best solution both Teksavvy and DSLreports needs to do:
Create a Network steps checklist!

A list that is publicly available to everyone, which teaches them the number of steps that should be setup properly so people don't skip over stuff.

Example (Activating a DSL service with teksavvy):
1) Make sure the line is active and functioning
2) Make sure all required filters and lines are functioning (dry loop check too!)
3) Make sure you plug and power up the modem, then connect it to a computer to check it's settings (hint: 192.168.2.1) via browser.
4) If all settings are proper, you can possibly connect the phone line in to attempt connections.

By problem solving from 1 to 4 you can figure out where problems stem from as you are isolating them from various steps.

For instance, at step 1 you wouldn't be able to see if it's active or functioning without the providers saying so, but plugging in a phone to the jack and seeing if it makes noises or not is one example of figuring if the line is active.

Then from that point on is simply trial and error.

Review by AlexS See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Service is acceptable when it works"
Bad "Little to no support or communication when service is down."
Overall "Don't "depend" on this service."

-- TERRIBLE AND UNRELIABLE SERVICE --
My DSL went down on my billing date.
They told me to try a different modem.
Bought one from them - they double billed me.
Told me install for "new" service would be 10 Days after the call (Nov 11).
Received new modem & proved DSL was down, not my modem.
They said repair would be within 2 days.
After 2 days they called to say I didn't have DSL on my line (but I did, for 8 years??)
Told me "new" service install was scheduled for a different day.. Still don't know when that is.
--- I have been without internet for 10 days.
--- I have no idea when it will be fixed.
--- I have spent over 4 hours phoning them so far.
--- I am still paying for the service.
(This time I'm waiting for them to call me)

Comments:

TSI Martin

Your Review

Hello AlexS,

It is most disconcerting to see you have had these issues. If you could please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so I can take a look at your situation. I'd like to make sure we get this resolved for you appropriately.

Best Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Rhoarenth

@scansafe.net

TSI service

I couldn't agree more. The unfortunate reality with TSI is that they do not know how to handle exceptions. It is always Rogers, Bell or Telus' fault. Or they have opened a ticket with Bell and Bell is sitting on it, and so on. Being the service provider, they should own the problem and work to resolve it.

As long as the service (DSL or Cable Internet), you are good. It is the first hiccup or problem that things start to tear apart. Which is further aggravated by inconsistent responses from their CSRs (phone and direct forum). Issue diagnostic becomes a very incoherent and haphazard exercise with the blame is always on Bell (or Rogers, Telus).

I would suggest trying Start Communications. They seems to do a better job in handling exception, customer expectations and taking ownership of the problems reported by their customers. I do not work for Start, nor do I have any association with Start.

Rhoarenth

@scansafe.net
additional thoughts on TSI response to customer complaints. As I go though these Forums I see a consistent pattern: The person complaining is asked to contact TSI on Direct Forum. But the same or similar issues keep coming up again and again (as ascertained from Forums postings). TSI does not seem to manage problems by finding a real or permanent solution. Just ad-hoc response, line stats, speed test, etc. but no concrete steps to address the problem. I can contrast this TSI modus operandi from Start Communications in Start's handling of reported issues with Sagemcom DSL modem. Start found a real solution to that problem - a new modem which even have their branded firmware; on the other hand TSI keep repeating that same line : we have not heard back from Bell yet. Unfortunately this is not how you solve problems or issues by waiting on others or blaming others.

kalkuly

@70.28.95.x
When I moved last June, I had Teksavvy landline and dsl service reinstalled at my new home. I had been happy with the service at my old place and so just canceled my service and installed my new service in my new place - won't go into the reason here. I knew where I was moving to in April so I started the installation process there and then. I figured that 2 months would be plenty of to have everything in place when I moved in. Certainly didn't work out that way - appointments were cancelled and so hookup dates were not respected. Indeed, it was hell to setup and I was without a phone until mid-July. Unfortunately, Bell stuck their big thumb in the works by cutting my service once it had been established. Having unnecessary techs coming to my door, leaving messages without even ringing the doorbell and telling me to call Bell to set up another appointment - the first tech had told me that there were no problems with the lines in my apt nor my building but that bell HQ was the problem, they turned on the phone and the next morning turned it off, sent another tech out - the one who didn't bother to ring the bell and left a false number to call (I should've been told to call Teksavvy to arrange another date :/). I lucked out when I called the bell number by being shifted to the wrong dept - the person on the other end of the line was NOT clueless, unlike all the others and actually arranged for me a weekend visit. It took almost another week to get my phone.

After all that, I do have to say, things have been better. I have had no problems with either my phone or my dsl so I am staying put - and when Bell telemarketers call me, as they do regularly, I tell them I am boycotting Bell.
dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
·ITalkBB

Re: Teksavvy problems

Sounds like Bell is targeting you to make you go back to them.
I'm not sure if Corporations play harassment games to get things to work their way, but heck the NSA tries to 'stop terrorism' by shaming people with their porn activities, so sky's the limit right?

Review by CaptainMazda See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Friendly reps"
Bad "Constant disconnections, slow speeds, impossible to contact due to congestion and hundreds of complaints"
Overall "Disappointing"

·TekSavvy Cable
I think it's fair to update my review because my experience has been horrible the past two weeks with no signs of improvement. When the entire GTA began suffering from Teksavvy's DSL and cable outages, my connection went down as well and did not return. I spent over two hours on the phone with tech support (after a grand total of more than an hour on hold) and they managed to send a Bell technician the following day. The technician then lowered my speed profile from 15M/1M to 13/650K. Since then, my DSL connection drops whenever the phone rings and at any random moment. This weekend I've barely had a stable connection and my speeds have gone down to 11M/600K. I spent another hour on hold and could not get an answer from tech support. I contacted customer service to make changes to make changes to my account and lo and behold, they finally picked up. I've been a loyal customer for almost 7 years and because I barely have a connection with DSL, I considered switching over to the 25/2 cable because the last agent I dealt with promised a small discount towards the cable modem and activation for my troubles. The new agent I spoke with told me it would not be possible so I decided to no longer continue supporting Teksavvy.

Since their tech support has been unresponsive and is not addressing my issues, I'm leaving Teksavvy and will switch to Vmedia cable for a faster, unlimited cable connection for less money.

The bottom line is, don't expect any value in return for your hard-earned money. Now pick up the phone so I can cancel already.

Comments:
a1_Andy
join:2005-12-29
Oshawa, ON

Line Filter?

If your phone kicks off the DSL when it rings its most likely a bad line filter.
Changing it out should solve the problem.

CaptainMazda
Captain Mazda

join:2007-08-08

Re: Line Filter?

I don't have filters on the phone jacks, Teksavvy told me I didn't need them when I upgraded from the copper.

TSI ShawnS
join:2012-11-22

Hello CaptainMazda,

Thank you for your review.

I'm really sorry to hear that you have been suffering from the recent outages. We also apologize for the wait times to reach a representative.

Our goal is to get you online, you are syncing at the correct speed. Yet you are still receiving slows speeds and you also state that when someone calls the internet disconnects, There may be noise on the line affecting this or as a1_Andy stated, may be a filter issue.

You are set on the correct speed profile for 15/1.

Please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so that we may assist you further.

TSI Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

CaptainMazda
Captain Mazda

join:2007-08-08
·TekSavvy Cable

Re: Review

Hi Shawn, the parasites/bad phone voice quality returned after the Bell technician left which also coincided with the constant dropped connections, especially on weekends. I don't use filters. I already went through two hours of tests with Teksavvy the weekend before last, we've established it's not on my end. I need a technician who actually knows what the problem is who can come and fix it, but I can't request one if I can't get through to tech support. Everything was fine from the day I upgraded from 15/1 until two weeks ago. I refuse to believe that somehow I can no longer get 15/1 speeds at the same time that Teksavvy suffered from major outages and issues in my area. I just want my old speeds and stability back.

Review by vovan_st See Profile

• Location: Bolton,ON
Good "Price"
Bad "The worst service I have ever been provided"
Overall "Do not provide the service, steal your money and waste your time"

I was their customer for 8 months.

In the beginning of the August I arranged to move my Internet service to a new location and I scheduled date for moving on August 25th. After moving (August 28th) I connected my modem to the cable and it worked although nobody appeared at my place from TekSavvy or Rogers. Therefore I did not suspect anything bad.

In a few days service did not work. It was Thursday (Aug 29). I was able to get an assistance on the line only on Friday (lines were constantly busy - I waited few times at least half an hour each). They collected all necessary information for opening a ticket (it took 40 min) and said the technician was going to be on Tuesday or Wednesday.

However nobody appeared! When I called on Wednesday evening they shocked me saying that the ticket was NOT opened!!!! I spend time on the phone (again 40 min) providing information for a new ticket and technician was scheduled on Monday at noon.

I had to take a day off on that day. And one more surprise. I finally got a call from technician but they sent him to the old location I moved from 2 weeks ago!!!!!

I called them again and they said that my service was not moved!!!! They proposed new dates for moving on the weekend but I could not get a confirmation when exactly.

Their lines were constantly busy (I was waiting at least 30-40min each time)!!!! It is easier to CIC customer service.

I was trying to schedule new dates for moving several times. However, they just kept promising that it was going to be moved soon and did nothing - they just scheduled new appointments and nobody came. Do you think it is enough time to move the service for more than a month?

Moreover, they did not forgot to charge me for September in despite of the fact they stopped providing me with the service since the end of August. They just keep withdrawing money from my card.

When I was fed up with it and decided that it is enough to fool me I requested to cancel the service on September 20th. In fact there was nothing to cancel - I did not have it.

Now they refuse to refund the money they charged for the service they did not provided!

They just stole my money!!!
I am shocked how it can be! People who steal are send to jail. They do the same but keep fooling people. Why can government or regulatory committee allow them to do it.

Their license should be revoked!

Comments:

TSI Jon

Your review

Hi vovan_st,

This sounds like a pretty bad experience and would like to look into your account to see if everything that can be done has been done. Can you please PM me TSI Jon See Profile your account information so that I can take a look?

PAULSKY

@rogers.com

Don't call Teksavvy for Home Internet for ever....

I had a very bad experience of Teksavvy DSL internet just last week.
I called Teksavvy for DSL internet and after half an hour conversation everything was set on phone saying that your internet will start after 5 business days and setup an appointment for the technician between noon to 9:00pm {(a)so I have to keep waiting for at least 9 hours for the technician to come)}
Technician showed up at 7:00pm and checked all my bell wiring and replied that my wiring is not properly installed {(b).I am using Bell landline phone since last 10 years on the same home)}
so he run a new wire from bell box to my basement by simply laying the wire on my backyard to front yard on the lawn(ground) and when I asked him to fix on the wall he said that will remain on the ground as long as I am using the Teksavvy's Internet.

After doing all the mess he could not able to connect the internet replying that I have to call Bell for checking the wiring.

On the same day when I try to contact Teksavvy's Technical Support on phone at 10:00pm I have to wait for at least an hour and half (90 minutes) to have a customer rep. to discuss the issue and in between the conversation the technical representative hangup the phone without any reason.

I was sooooo pissed off and finally I called again for cancelling my service I talk to the accounting department and the rep. replied that I won't get any refund of $65.53 as I haven't taken any risk of trouble shooting with the Teksavvy's technician.

So finally Teksavvy robbed $65.53 from my pocket even for not providing the Internet service.

TO ALL MY FRIENDS .....

THINK TWICE THRICE BEFORE CALLING TEKSAVVY FOR ANY KIND OF SERVICE

KEEP IN MIND THAT THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES AND NOT EXPERIENCE TECHNICIANS AS WELL.

I CAN SAY THAT I PAID $65.53 TO TEKSAVVY - FOR MESS AND WITHOUT PROVIDING INTERNET SERVICE.

join:2012-08-20

Re: Don't call Teksavvy for Home Internet for ever....

This doesn't sound like a good experience at all. I can definitely understand why you would be frustrated. I would like an opportunity to see what happened in your account and to ensure everything was done correctly. There are a lot of things you mention that we can't avoid- the 12-9 time frame, we make this as well known as possible before people sign up, as well as the troubleshooting aspect is required in order to receive a refund. However there are certainly areas where we can improve and hopefully we can determine how to do so from your account. Again, sorry this all happened and please feel free to message us in the direct
»TekSavvy Direct anytime to discuss this.

Done w Tek

@teksavvy.com
This is almost identical to my experience. Currently on the phone with them for my stellar, regularly occuring, 3Mbps of service on my 15mbps line. Ongoing issues since they upgraded from 6 back in January. They used to be good, but now every time I call there is at least a 30 minute wait (today's is an awesome 60+ min wait) only to get some d-bag that doesn't give to shits about you, your internet, or your business. There seems to be pockets of people that care in the team, but maybe 1 in 4 calls result in someone who I think is willing to help, but whether or not they have been empowered to do so is another story....

Review by gotak See Profile

• Location: L6G 0C5
Good "No contract and less likely to try to screw you over"
Bad "Not what they used to be anymore, customer service and reliability has tanked"
Overall "If you can stand being offline for days with no answer without significant savings, it's the ISP for you"

·Rogers Hi-Speed
I came to Tek 2 years ago when I got married and moved out at the recommendation of a friend who had been a customer for years. And while the initial installation was a bit annoying as it took 2 weeks and even then the modem didn't work till a day after install, you couldn't get decent rates (or so I thought) with Rogers at the time. Not if you are a heavy user. Things were good.

Forward to today and things are different. You can if you ask for it get good plans from Rogers (yes likely due to competition from the likes of Tek). While TekSavvy had me offline for 4 days due to an issue introduced by Rogers yes but there's no resolution in sight. And there are people who have been offline for 2 weeks.

The above issue plus considering that I am not actually saving that much per year with Tek vs Rogers. My conclusion is that today the competitive advantage for TekSavvy is a lot slimmer than it used to be. And for me the risk of extended outage out weights any savings. So I canceled their service and moved back to Rogers.

TekSavvy isn't a bad company per say. But it's not a great ISP either. Not with their reliability and in many ways converging technical support practices with the likes of Rogers (outdated firmware on your modem you didn't buy from Tek? You are on your own buddy that or you can pay them 100 for a new one).

Update:

The experience of switching back to Rogers has been A+ even with the fees they had to refund. The reason being that the phone calls are so much more pleasant with Rogers than they have been with TekSavvy of late. The Rogers call were connected to a Rep right away, the reps were polite and helpful so the entire business was settled within a minute of talking. Compared to recent calls to TekSavvy where the reps always sounds annoyed or angry it is a pleasant surprise.

Someone needs to check if Hell froze over...

Comments:

TSI Alan
join:2012-11-22

Hello,

Thank for your review. We are sorry to have lost you as a customer, due to the issues you encountered.

We are actively working with our vendors to improve the processes, and have significantly less interruptions and inconveniences for our customers going forward.

We look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Regards,
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee
Follow us on Twitter: @TekSavvyCSR; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by Flashman See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Nothing. "
Bad "1 hour plus phone wait times, uncaring customer service."
Overall "Avoid! "

I've been a loyal and satisfied TekSavvy customer for six years... well, I should say "was." Unfortunately have been watching customer service slide over the past year, and today was the last straw.

Had an appointment booked between 8 - 11, after a two week wait for a change of address. 11 comes and goes, no tech. Called Teksavvy; they had the number wrong - completely their fault. They repeated a 7 as the last digit, despite me clarifying the number TWICE at the time of appointment booking... So the tech arrived as scheduled, but Teksavvy dropped the ball as they couldn't notify me he was here.

That's bad enough, but the CSR was absolutely unapologetic - I mean, literally didn't even say sorry for the inconvenience. Next appointment is in another week... Take it or leave it. Ya, no thanks, if I have

to spend an hour on the phone to actually talk to someone, only to be told I have to wait another week due to an error 100% Teksavvys fault... Pains me to say, but Teksavvy is now an ISP to avoid; they may have great plans and rates, but it seems impossible to actually get hooked up. And what a change in customer service, congrats - you're finally indistinguishable from Bell & Rogers. I mean, you worked pretty hard to push a long time loyal customer away... I pity your new ones who'll have to learn these lessons the hard way too.

Lots more similar stories here - »www.canadianisp.ca/cgi-bin/isp_c···ispid=50

Buyer beware! They'll take your deposit quick enough, and leave you holding your d*ck in your hand.

Comments:

TSI Jon

Hi Flashman,

I sincerely apologize for the recent experience you've described here. As a customer who has been with us for six years, it's definitely not the way we want our customers to leave a long term business relationship. I do want to investigate your account further to ensure that the representatives who made the errors are addressed and the fact that they were unapologetic as you've mentioned.

Feel free to PM me your account information TSI Jon See Profile and any questions or concerns you may have.

Flashman

join:2013-09-18

Re: Review

Do I get paid for my time? If I'm helping you solve your customer service deficiency, and I'm no longer a customer, what's in it for me for investing my time? So far I've waited at home for three hours for a tech who you gave the wrong phone # to, and spent an hour on hold. You guys seem to have a monopoly on my time today.

If you were going to investigate and get my Internet hooked up tomorrow, then we'd be
talking... But this just sounds like an invitation to waste more of my time with Teksavvy. Like I'm doing now.

Hi again Flashman,

I do not want to take any of your time, all I was asking for was to have your account information and I would do the work from there to ensure the issues you've brought up are taken care of on our side. A quick PM with your CID would be all that is needed. The representatives who made the mistakes need to be coached so that it does not occur again.

Unfortunately the mistake that was done on our part about the phone number which caused the need for a tech reschedule is something that I can't fix. The normal time frame to have a tech rescheduled would be 3-5 days but with the delays currently experienced with our vendor would push a date further away. We can certainly try to escalate your account but even escalations have been delayed.

I know this is not what you want to hear but what has been done is done. My job at this point is to ensure that what has happened to you does not happen again to anyone else and to see if I can make things better for you. We do have temporary solutions like sending you a wireless hub in the meantime until we have your actual service up and running. It's not the perfect solution but we could have that sent to you tomorrow to receive it Friday? That is if you are in a covered area which I would need to double check with your address.

We do care about our customers and you are no different. If you wish for me to assist you I will to the best of my capabilities.

Let me know...

Flashman

join:2013-09-18

Re: Review

I appreciate your efforts, I don't envy anyone who's a CSR on the sinking Teksavvy ship - but I'm already a happy Distributel customer... Install date is five days away, two days sooner than you
guys could manage for a rebooking, and the rate plan is slightly better.

Too bad I didn't get someone willing to
be so helpful without having to lose my
mind on the Internet. If the two other CSRs I spoke to on the phone today were a tenth as helpful, I may still be a customer.