TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by TorontoSM See Profile

Good "None"
Bad "Everything - Pathetic service"
Overall "17 days and $100 later, I'm still waiting for my phone to work"

I tried signing up for phone service with Teksavvy and it has been a
nightmare so far. I signed up over the phone and was given a specific
installation date and time window (9-5). I stayed at home that day for
installation, but no one showed up. I called Teksavvy and was told that I
had to wait for a confirmation Email and the date that was given to me was
just an estimate.

I waited another five days and never got an email, so I called Teksavvy
again and was told that my phone had already been connected several days
ago. I asked which jack was "live" and the guy told me to go around the
house and try all of them until I found the right one! Anyway, despite my
anger, I did that and yet couldn't find any with a dial tone.

I called Teksavvy back and was informed that it is not their problem, as
they only connect the line to outside the house, and after that, it is my
responsibility. They then said that they would charge me $90 for a
technician to come out and see what was wrong. I asked for a refund for
the phone service I am not receiving, and that was refused. So, I'm stuck
paying for a service that hasn't worked and I've wasted over 2 weeks in the
process.

While the Internet may work well, avoid these scam artists for phone
service. Their customer service is worse than Bell's!

Comments:

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

I'm sorry you feel this way..

I can assure you we are not scam artist and if anyone wants to see what happened and how much we were trying to help out please check out this thread...

»Beware of Teksavvy Phone Service
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

JonF
join:2012-11-22

"17 days and $100 later, I'm still waiting for my phone to

see post above

Review by PPTHOMAS See Profile

• Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux,QC
Good "WAS Good prior to Sept 2012"
Bad "Won't recommend"
Overall "I can't even reach tech support due to wait times and can't reach anyone to cancel"

I am a tecksavvy customer and a great promoter when they came into the market. Was so impressed so took connection for my condo and home. Also recommended to all my friends in Quebec and Ontario..

Had a smooth run for the past few years, Also when i signed up back in 2010 the speed was max 5mps and i was able to get 4.35mbs. Now they offer 6mbs and i never seen more than 4.3mbs.

Recently my connection start dropping and slow. (Seems like they are going thru congestion or hitting the limit or so, but I don't think they figured that out yet).

So after giving few weeks hoping it will be fixed, I tried calling the tech support expecting the response i received in 2010 (ie fast response)...OOops I couldn't believe myself after holding the phone for 12 mins with no answer....So after few tries, able to get in touch with a rep, he concluded its noise on my upload. but he doesn't have a solution.

So I switched the modem and connected directly to the demarking point, nothing changed, same story so after 4 tries(each 30mins ) I was able to talk to a rep, and she concluded if I WANT TO FIX then they will let Bell to check it and if Bell says its my connection problem then i have to pay 87 +tax...so i am in a situation where if i want to solve i have to risk 87 dollars or go with another provider which will cost me less than that..OR SHUT UP AND SUFFER WITH THE CONNECTION ISSUE. and I asked the rep, What if Bell realises the problem adn decided to blame it on me... (How can u prove that its not Bells false other than BEll says that ) NO ANS

But i been trying to reach customer service to cancel or check my speed, but no luck and I don't have the patience to wait for more than 15mins onthe phone..

Comments:

TSI Martin

Hello

If you could please send me a PM [TSI Martin]so I can take a look at your situation.

You may not have anything wrong. But in certain occasions things stop working like they used to. Many things could be at play & so we always attempt to double check things with you.

If you could include contact information in the PM & I'll look things over & get in touch with you.

Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin
LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON

I guess I'm luckier than you. At least I got through to cancel, but the rep hung up on me when I said I want to cancel the DSL service.

Review by rsisinni See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "In the distant past they used to have good support."
Bad "speed, support, unwillingness to offer fair solutions."
Overall "time to find another provider."

I have the DSL/6 package however I was only getting 2 megabits instead of 6, that is well below acceptable. And then I had then trying to get something about it done just cost me money.. and the proposed solution was to spend more money.

Here is the timeline. Used the direct form to report the bad speeds, I waited for well over 12 hours for a response, I saw the they didn't deal with my issue and newer posts than mine were being responded to. I explained my modem was at the demarc. The demarc is inside the house. They send a bell tech, this is where things go off the rails. They run a test and tell me its my wires, well I think thats B.S. here is why. They hook up my modem only no other wiring just the modem straight to the demarc, and it fails, they tell me its my modem, but i have tried up three different modems myself directly on the demarc, house wires disconnected, none of them were able to better than 2mbs.

Well now the service call will cost $89, since bell says the problem is on my side, there is no solution and they only thing teksavvy offers to do is to switch me to cable, that sounds reasonable to me, until I find out they want me to pay a sign/activation fee I will have to buy a new modem.. and the monthly costs is more. What the heck are you guys thinking?? How about switching me over and compensating me for the service not provided, in the form of no activation fee, provide me with a modem.

So in order to placate me they finally decide to switch my profile, but instead of doing something reasonable like trying 4 or 3mbs, to see if the modem performs better, they switch it down to 1.5???,

Does anybody else understand teksavvys logic, I don't. What kind of diagnostic skills and customer service is that, how about doing a binary search for the best performance mark. I was getting 2 mbs my profile was set to 5, I was not getting disconnects, so hey how about trying setting the profile to something in the middle??? If it gets better try higher, if it gets worse/stays the same try lower???,

So in the end, I now have to go through the hassle of switching my internet my parents internet and my home phone away from TSI, as no reasonable solution has been offered to me.

One more thing, switching to cable they did offer a "discount" for the modem and activation fee, together the cost totaling $100.00.

So I hope you understand that If you have a connection problem with TSI, they may not be able to deliver, and they seem to be in no position to remedy some issues, an are unwilling to fairly remedy problems. I refuse to have to pay an additional $100 on top of the $89 service call to have this issue resolved.

Comments:

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

response to review

Hi There,

I'm really sorry about this, I'm looking into the matter as we speak and will respond on here shortly with more details.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

My 2 cents...

Hi rsisinni,

I am sorry that your experience has been bad with us. As Liz mentioned, she is looking into your account and she will get back to you shortly.

I looked into your post and I wanted to clarify a few things…

1) Although we strive for excellent customer service, we will not always succeed. There will always be learning curves with staffing and the evolution of the industry and the curve balls we sometimes get from the incumbents. We do try our best to make things work.

2) Over the past few weeks, you will have noticed that our presence on DSLr has been greatly increased as we recognize the need to keep our customers happy and to have a great online presence. You during the night time, and unfortunately, at this time, our E-Services team is not operating on a 24/7 basis. We do however offer a 24/7 phone support. (Yes, wait times are higher than usual, and we are working on getting them down)

3) Based on your comments, I honestly doubt that you will be billed the $89.70+tax DMC (Diagnostic Maintenance Fee). If you do, please let me know and I will personally investigate as if you are able to get service using different modems at the demarc.

4) As for the profile change, I want you to understand that we do not control which profile you are placed on. We can only ask for it to be adjusted and they never take our suggestion of what it should be at. Sometimes, this can be frustrating as we need to go back and forth with them on multiple tickets to get it just right. I want you to understand that we do not dictate your profile, Bell does… All we can do is just keep fighting!

5) When an issue seems to persist, whether it’s with DSL or Cable, we often offer our client the opportunity to make the change. In those cases, and depending on the severity of the issues, we work with our clients to make the financial aspect a little less of a burden. Now, that being said, I am sure there is more that I can help you with in regards to the switch if that is what you are willing to do. If you are, let me know, and I will make something happen (andre@teksavvy.com).

I hope that you will consider not leaving us and allow us the opportunity to make this right by you. By any means, we are not perfect, but we certainly get an A+ for Effort and Caring.

Cheers,
Andre
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

TSILiz
join:2012-08-20

Response.

I will be reiterating a lot of what Andre was saying, as much as we work to provide the best customer service around, situations can arise that leave the customer dissatisfied. The great thing about having an E-Service department, is we get to see reviews like this and work not only to improve your situation, but to stop it from happening to other customers.

With that said, E-Services is not a 24/7 service, and so when something is sent late at night, we may not be able to answer it until morning. I was the one to respond to you in that matter, and did so within the first 30 minutes of my shift. However, it's very possible I may have answered a newer post before yours and I apologize for that. That was my mistake.

Concerning the charge, looking through the troubleshooting, and again as Andre stated, I do doubt you will be charged the DMC. If you are, there will definitely be someone looking into the matter between Andre and myself.

I hope you will consider staying and let us rectify this situation, whether it being trying to resolve your DSL or making your switch to cable more reasonable. We really do want to keep you as a customer.

ChuckcZar

Fleeced by Bell

You obviously got fleeced by Bell since what you did ruled out all your inside wiring. Ask your neighbours what speed they get on dsl. Likely none get more than 2 mb/s.

Review by tech2002 See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "When it works you have internet,"
Bad "Long waiting times for support, frequent disconnections , very little support, always issue on customer side"
Overall "Time to look elsewhere"

I have been Teksavvy customer since 2008 , I chose DSL service 5MB the price was good and service was excellent , I had no issues for 3 years smooth connection, I recommended them to many friends and family as it was worth it, then something had happened in 2011 ,

Since September of 2011 I have been having multiple disconnections on my DSL service in sept of 2011 it lasted for 4 weeks on daily basis I had disconnection every 5-10 minutes during peak hours from 8-5 pm , Bell came in run test couldn't locate issue ; Told me must be something on Teksavvy end not syncing . after talking to Teksavvy support I had stable internet access,

November 2011 for 3 weeks daily disconnections , Teksavvy team suggested must be my equipment or wiring in house , I have replaced run new wires and I had collection 4 dsl modems (speedtouch 516, 780, 2 wire, TP-link) all of them were doing exactly the same thing, and after my complain somehow it stopped having problem it was stable connection

January 2012 for 3-4 weeks daily disconnections, bell arrived lower my profile from 7mb to 5mb,if this doesn't work there is a issue somewhere else , he can lower my profile to 3MB to make more stable but left it at 5MB

April 2012 for 2 weeks daily disconnections , nobody knows why could be my equipment new modem purchased

July 2012 for 3 weeks daily disconnections , nobody knows why

August 2012 for 2 weeks daily disconnections, nobody knows why

then by mid September 2012 until now I have daily disconnections, I can't be on net for 5-10 minutes during day or to late evenings , I have been swapping modems to try if this will improve anything, (modems were connected directly to Demarc box outside 3 feet of tel wire) found tel wire exposed between Bell demarc outside and leading to inside (Bell guy hadn't discovered or didn't care much about it) and I put new wire and thought connection was stable for 2 days, but it started again, I was in contact with one of the support stuff, since September 13, trying to figure out what is happening this time, but on your end everything was fine then roughly beginning of october I was inquiring about changing to cable service as I was very frustrated with DSL issues, (mind you I never got any credits issue for all the disconnections ) and when I told tech that I would like to upgrade to cable the communication stopped on october 11 no more replies (maybe the tech died or computer burned down that she lost my emails, I don't know ),

then I tried to call sales or customer service to get switch to cable and I was hold for very long time that I had to buy minutes to my prepaid cell phone on Friday oct 19 I called at 2:35 pm waited 38 minutes and I hang up , on Monday I called around 1pm and I waited 39 minutes and then I hang up, on Tuesday I waited total 45 minutes called at 11 am , then at 2pm, I run out of time on my minutes on cell phone, I had to go and buy time, then I tried one more time at 4 pm waited 15 minutes , and decided I will call list of companies and the first person answers within 5 minutes gets my business and I got connected within 2 minutes waiting after calling 4 different companies and made decision to switch ,

I wanted so badly to continue service with Teksavvy (mind you I have been teksavvy customer since 2008) but I have lost confidence and hope , I have lost a lot of money by replacing new cables in my house (suggested by teksavvy tech that my wires are probably too old) original were very good, bought brand new modems because Teksavvy tech told me must be my equipment, I spent close to $1000 on all this without any solution since October of 2011 until now, I am tired and broke, I wanted to continue my services with Teksavvy but I had to made a decision to move on.

Some will have perfect service with no issues but I didn't and I was disappointed, leaving Teksavvy is probably best option at this time..

Comments:

TSI Keith

DSL issues

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear you've been having these issues. First off I'd like to thank you for your patience and perseverance here with us.

I went ahead and had a look into your service from here, and unfortunately I have to say that your line stats here do look great at the moment. Certainly I am not going to suggest your wiring or modem at this time. I would like us to have one more attempt to make this right for you. Again, honestly, I don't see anything at this time. Do you lose the DSL/SYNC/Broadband light on your modem during these disconnects? If so it might not hurt to get Bell involved again.

In short I would love us to have another chance to correct this issue for you and I'd ask that you post here: »TekSavvy Direct so we can do so. With that being said I can see this has been a long process with you and the disconnection (and new provider) is already in place so if you choose not that would certainly be understandable.

On a side note I would also like to apologize for the difficulty you've had reaching us by phone. We are fully aware that these long wait time are an issue have been bringing in new agents as well as cross-training existing agents in an attempt to correct this problem as quickly as possible.

Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
tech2002

join:2010-11-12

Re: DSL issues

for the last 15 minutes or so it is stable, but I don't know for how long this will be but before that it was down every 2-5 minutes,
most of the times internet light turns off, then DSL after that , then waiting for reconnection , and once I had all green lights I couldn't go anywhere in internet , typed google.ca no connection and it hangs and resets the modem, once everything reconnects I get couple minutes of internet usage and the cycle starts over again internet light off then DSL line down , and this does with all 4 modems I have , tried with bridge mode through my router and did the same thing , Bell last time was here couldnt located issue he was for 45 minutes
usually after 6pm it was stable enough that I could be longer in internet but kept reconnecting in longer intervals

I have brand new phone line run from the box , I have new wire from outside box to the box inside, right now my modem is connected to bell box.
I have already signup for new service and prepaid to be connected I don't think I can cancel now .. my last day with Teksavvy is Nov 4

Re: DSL issues

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Again at this point I certainly would not point the finger at anything internal. The wiring has all been redone and you have tried multiple modems, plus connected directly to the demarc, not much more we can really ask there.

I was currious about the light patter because occasionally the problem may actually lay on our end (I have, for instance, seen connectivity issues resolved by creating a new login). However if the DSL light is going out on you then there is a definite loss of sync, if we have ruled out the internal (as I believe we have) that would then leave an issue on Bell's end.

Obviously they have had difficulty finding and fixing this for you. I fully understand what has led to your decision to leave. Again I just want to apologize for all of this difficulty and thank you once more for your time with us, and for taking the time to replay and explain further.

Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
tech2002

join:2010-11-12

thanks for reply
Funny thing after we exchanged posts since Friday oct 26 I had not one disconnection , which is very "interesting" . I am checking my event logs in my modem since Oct 26 not one disconnection and the IP I have is the same now .. so I as your customer and soon to be ex-customer you can only imagine what I am thinking now "that there is something not working on the other side of the my house and it is beyond my control "
Maybe I should've post here to get faster resolution then going through the company website

Zubair

Mr. Keith,

I am in Brossard, QC and having same intermittent issues, Secondly I agree with this gentleman regarding waiting time, once I waited almost 30 minutes and hang up and then its been more than 20 minutes and I m still on wait.
I guess you guys have only few ppls on support....
I am definately going to quit TekSavvy because this pathetic.....

Review by thisisthespo See Profile

Bad "Disorganized with Zero Technical Support. You are your own tech Support"

Important Facts about Tek Savvy (I was told this by multiple TekSavvy Reps)
- They get all their modems from Bell.
- Bell does diagnostic services and repairs on all modems used by TekSavvy
- Teksavvy does not have any service technicians, they use Bell.

I signed up for Teksavvy in January to try and avoid being linked to monopolies like Bell or Rogers, which typically force their customers into buying expensive plans to keep minimal benefits. As a company, Teksavvy has been marketed as the independent company that offered reasonable pricing and quality customer service. Let me start out by saying, they have the worst technical support I have ever experienced. A few of their representatives even refused to continue talking about a particular issue ( I never once raised my voice, used foul language or insulted them, just asked them direct questions)

The Main Problems

The first problem occurred when my Internet was cut off expectantly and without warning because their billing system failed to accept the payments I had made online. Their explanation was that the system had been having problems accepting and logging payments from customers. But the worst part about that small blip was that they never emailed or contacted me to tell me they would shutting off the service. This should have been a warning sign to me, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

The second problem occurred when I came back from New York and again, my Internet was cut off. I called and they said said that there were two options:

1. They would send a bell tech support person to test my phone line to see if the line was working or not. The caveat about this option is that if there was no problem with the Bell line, I would be charged $70-80 for wasting the Bell tech's time.

2. The second option the tech support advised was to find a way to test my modem and see whether it was faulty and to send it back for a free replacement if it was broken(was still under warranty). They did inform me that if the modem sent back was not faulty, I would be charged a $25 restocking fee. The first suggestion I got was to find a friend/family member that has DSL and test the modem to see whether it worked. The second suggestion was to drive to Futureshop, buy a modem, test it and then return it to futureshop. WOW. I'm sure Futureshop's head office would cringe at that second suggestion. This was warning sign #2.

What I did
I decided to go with the more ethical solution and find someone with DSL to test the modem. So I went to a family members house, had the Teksavvy tech walk me through the diagnostic procedure to determine that the modem was faulty....The tech assured me that short of being there to test it, she was almost positive that the modem was faulty.

The Conclusion
Two weeks later, I received a charge of $25 on my bill and a note that read "Modem fully operational, additional $25 fee". I called tech support again and the woman on the line said she was unsure how the testing occurred and therefore was unable to tell me how they were able to get the modem working, while we were unable to do it prior. I was pretty frustrated and asked "how ethical it was for a business to place all the responsibility of a failed service on their client?". She dismissed my concern and instead stated that I had agreed to absorb a $25 cost if the modem proved to be functional. While some may say, "its only $25", you have to look at the larger picture. A company that values its customers will always try to avoid passing on ridiculous charges because they see the bigger picture: YOUR CUSTOMERS DETERMINE THE SUCCESS YOU HAVE IN BUSINESS.

MY SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU

- Avoid Teksavvy completely. Even Rogers and Bell have better support systems for their clients. They may be monopolies, but their business model is more centered around customer service, than Teksavvy

- Teksavvy does not have technicians to help you trouble shoot issues. You will have to do all diagnostic and fixing yourself. And guess what? if it magically ends up working when it gets back to Tek Savvy, YOU GET CHARGED.

- There are good and Bad Tech Reps at TekSavvy (like any company), but three of the four I talked had weren't interested in solvingthe problem. They kept trying to get me to agree to a Bell Service technician coming to my house, which would have cost $70-80 (because the line was still functional).

- FIND AN INTERNET COMPANY THAT VALUES THEIR CUSTOMERS. Don't bother using a company that steps on the back of their customers to save a dime.

Comments:

TSI David
TSI David
join:2007-06-25

Account Issues

Hi,

Its very unfortunate you have experienced these types of issues. If possible can you PM me your account information so we can investigate what is going on with your specific account?

David

EDIT: typo
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed

You don't get how Wholesale works.

All wholesale companies run this way... If your getting dsl, your local phone company is always involved, as is your local cable company for cable services.

Under your mentality, there is no choice.. It's Bell or Rogers..

Doesn't sound like a choice to me..

Sadly due to how our lovely government/CRTC set up the system, there is trouble.. If you have issues, you have to understand it may take time to get things fixed. Bell has been playing hard ball ever since TEKSAVVY and the rest stood up to them over UBB etc. They can't bring in their own techs to work on Bell's network.. Bell would never allow it.

I would recommend you have your issue escalated or go back to Bell or Rogers and pay extra for the hand holding approaches.
LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON

Re: You don't get how Wholesale works.

I've seen a few Execulink trucks out in the wild here in London. But I think that's because in some of the smaller towns, they are their own phone company.
thisisthespo

join:2012-10-03
·TekSavvy DSL
@koreyb The main issue I had was with tech support and the lack of accountability when modem issues occurred. I'd rather not support the big corporations (due to the issues you mentioned above), but I also am not in favour of covering the costs for a modem that is still under warranty.

UPDATE:

David contacted me and made it his priority to resolve the issue, which I really appreciate. So Thanks David! Now, I'm waiting to see if the discussed changes show up the next billing cycle.
Cubytus

join:2007-08-24
·Vonage
·Skype

Not typical

I was on and off with Teksavvy for the past few years, as well as some friends, and all the described was a "human" company. They don't waste time trying to upsell you or bullshitting you about their supposedly stellar internal tools.

When they work, they don't brag about it, they just use them.
When they fail, they tell you right away, apologize, and offer a solution, not empty promises.

Review by GreenLantern See Profile

• Location: Waterloo,ON
Good "nothing anymore sadly"
Bad "service,support,speed, lack of any help to customers with actual issues."
Overall "TekSavvy used to be good now they don't back up the services they sell"

Honestly posting this message pains me to write as a once firm believer ,customer and refer-er of 4 customers (now 0) but I am done with these issues if you are considering buying teksavvy dsl DO NOT its oversold and it will not be fixed anytime soon (don't believe me google it or even look here people all over Ontario are reporting nightly slowdowns) Im not talking small amounts I am talking going from 10mbit down to 0.26 every night from 8pm to 1am for months I've spent hours on the phone with them they don't care they know the issue they just have no way to fix it either since supposedly its bells issue (as always) I have been with teksavvy since 2008 my phone lines are exceptionally good and have great line stats (I can get over 10mb when it works) so please don't post here saying it could be my lines I don't have to reconnect or do anything to modems its like a switch is flipped every night between these hours.

I pay a stupid amount for my internet (2 dsl lines running mlppp) because until tonight I was under the impression I had no other choices I have now been made aware I can get cable from a different provider.

Once again I hate to write all this but its the facts I have never had anything but praise for teksavvy but they aren't the same company they used to be and I'm honestly sorry I supported them this long considering this issue has been going on for months steadily (and over a year off and on) with no end in sight.

Comments:

TSI Martin

slow speeds

Hello,

A few things to clear up first. There is no such thing as overselling DSL. We have plenty of capacity. Even after 4 AGAS links had issues. Are your slow speeds been confirmed as a Slow Speed Pattern Issue?

I don't see you ever posting in our »TekSavvy Direct forum.

I would like to take a look at your situation if you would allow me. Please feel to PM me. TSI Martin See Profile

Maritn
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin
GreenLantern

join:2009-05-09
Waterloo, ON

1 recommendation

Re: slow speeds

I was told by your tech support that its an issue with bells network being overused between those hours as the network itself is getting old and cannot handle the load in layman's terms until its updated which could takes years to do.

my slow speeds have been a documented issue for over a year I don't see the point in posting in a forum when I was on the phone for many calls and wasted time.

I can post speed test everyday between the same hours after dinner say 6pm until around 12am it slowly gets better pings start coming down then by 1 am its back to full speed.

Reconnecting does nothing as the lines are connected at full speed just starving for the actual bandwidth.

I guess thanks for taking the time to reply but I don't feel like anything is going to change In fact I'm sure it won't after this much time and documented cases popping up all over.
hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

Re: slow speeds

I want o note that dsl is over sold. It can and does have the same issues as cable if there are more customers on a dslam than the connection to the actual internet. Dsl is not safe from overselling. Its how the internet works.
morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
·TekSavvy Cable
·ELECTRONICBOX

Dsl Cannot be oversold..

The actual links on teksavvys End Are not Oversold, I am guessing the poster is in Kitch/waterloo Nightly slowdowns occur there i have heard due to the Actual Feed from the remote/co Not being fast enough to handle the Load, Thats Not something Teksavvy as a Company Can do anything about unfortunately. Its Up to the Network provider(Bell) in this case to hook up a better feed / more of them between the C/o And 151 front where the traffic gets to teksavvys Servers.

On a Side note I am Located in oshawa Ontario on 25/10 I get My Full speed 24/7
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.
hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

Re: Dsl Cannot be oversold..

Not true! DSL CAN and is OVER SOLD. How do you think they make their profit? They sign up more customers on the DSLAM than what the backhaul can handle. They do this betting on the fact that NOT everyone is going to be on the Internet at the same time and not maxing out their speeds.

DSL is a SHARED resource of the Internet. The same as Cable and every other service. The only thing that is dedicated and not shared is the line between you and the Telco/DSLAM once your data hits that DSLAM you are on a shared resource thus, when it is oversold to where a simple t3 will NOT support everyone, EVERYONE seeds the speeds fall down.

Stop using the old BS saying DSL is not an oversold technology and is not shared when it is fully shared. And you even admit that the network is OVERSOLD by saying that bell needs to update the actual backbone connection. Thus meaning the network is OVERSOLD.
morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
·TekSavvy Cable
·ELECTRONICBOX

Re: Dsl Cannot be oversold..

Just To explain the Difference in the sharing...

You ever Open a Cable ped or see one opened all u see is a Splitter.. or 2 with some Cables feeding it, But each one feeds Multiple Homes. i imagine in The Cable Node again its Just a Big arse splitter feeding all the other splitters.. never seen inside there Nodes just the peds.

But In Your average Bell Opi The big brown dressers on the roads etc. Theres Thousands of Cable pairs. every single wire Its own individual Wire. feeding back to the Central office. totally Unshared. Thus Where the Feed gets Shared becomes much different. meaning Dsl is Extremely Resistant to Saturation As its not shared at the Node Level Like cable is. and Much easier to upgrade.

All of which is a Moot point because teksavvy is Not OverSold for there usage patterns, Sure they have More customers than they do bandwidth for but as a combined total we do not use more bandwidth than they have available at anyone time.
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.
GreenLantern

join:2009-05-09
Waterloo, ON

4 edits

its not one area

Its not just that area as you can see from the review below me and if you look at the teksavvy direct forum its the same thing here is some links to prove how spread this issue is the first is kitchener based but has reply's from a person in Montreal ? its not a Kitchener issue only I am closer to stratford I have been looking into this all trust me I wouldn't have posted my review but I stuck it out for over a year putting up with this bs since I had no choice in isp until now , and even now I'm still with teksavvy as I post this id rather see this this fixed for us all and stay with them and them show they actually see us as customers as this is not about one user.

»[DSL] Slow DSL Internet Speeds in Kitchener in Evenings

»[DSL] Evening slow speeds, North Bay, ON.

»slow 6M DSL Montreal (evening only?)

»[DSL] Peak-time congestion

The last link im posting shows the same issues with lack of bandwidth at the same hours in many areas.

Thanks for the post and backing up teksavvy you think if they complained enough bell wouldn't do something ? lol they are the biggest reseller bell has if im not mistaken they just don't care and really is your post supposed to make my 100$ a month bill acceptable?

ANYONE reading this please speedtest.net your connection between 6pm eastern time and up until 1 am eastern time and post if you have the same results this is NOT an issue only in one area!

Review by darionco See Profile

Good "Good Price"
Bad "Have not been able to get the service working"
Overall "Teksavvy seems like a company that offers more than what they can actually deliver"

Previous company: Bell
Previous speed: 16Mbit/s + FibeTV
Previous modem: CellPipe 7130 (VDSL2)
New service: High speed DSL 25 (TekSavvy)
New modem: CellPipe 7130 (VDSL2)

Although this is my first participation ever in DSL Reports I have been to this website more than once, either to research about companies and services or to find help "unlocking" my Bell modems and setting up my network.

We rely on our internet service for all our entertainment needs, and most importantly for my work, as a programmer that sometimes works remotely, having a reliable internet connection to establish a VPN connection to my company is vital.

We decided to make the switch to TekSavvy because Bell could not offer us more bandwidth per month in our new location (Mississauga), which was the only problem we had with them: for internet, land line and FibeTV we were paying around $300/month and most of that money went to pay the bandwitdh overuse every month.

The selling point for me was that I had read mostly good reviews of TekSavvy in DSL Reports and the ones that were not so good were responded and fixed by TekSavvy somehow; and that they use Bell's network, that had proven to be reliable in my own experience. On top of all that the price was unbelievable to me; $101 monthly for land line (with add-ons), 25Mbit internet connection with tons of bandwidth and way (WAY!) cheaper penalties for overuse.

We recently moved to Mississauga from Toronto, by the end of August I called to cancel all my Bell services and then called TekSavvy and explained my situation to the representative: I am moving on September 4th, I just cancelled all my services and I would like to get your services in my new house, but it is very important that we get the internet running before September 10th as I have work to do.

The representative was very cheering and helpful, she said that it was not a problem, that she had found a way to have someone come and activate the phone line in the morning and the internet on the afternoon of September 6th. Everything seemed to be perfect.

On September 1st, the bank pushed our closure date on the house from September 4th to September 7th, I called TekSavvy right away to let them know and explained the situation again: It is very important that I have internet before September 10th

This time the representative told me that it would be impossible and that the best he could do was September 10th itself, I tried to understand the situation and because I gave them short notice I agreed to be home all day that day, so they could come get the phone working in the morning and the internet in the afternoon. I had to go through a lot to get my company to allow me not just to not get my work done that day but to not work at all!

So I waited all morning (of September 10th) when at around 1:00 pm decided to call TekSavvy to find out what the status of the order was, I waited in line for about 30 min when I got a recording saying that I could leave a number and that someone would call me back as soon as possible (and that I would keep my place in line, you don't always get this recording BTW) so I left my number and called again, that way I would have two chances at getting a response because, to me, 30 min on hold is outrageous.

I was not prepared to what happened next; I was put on hold for more than 5 hours!

While I was waiting I unpacked a bunch of kitchen stuff, cleaned and installed a fishtank, figured out the new thermostat and a lot more. Since we rely on online services to listen to music, the only music in my house was the stupid TekSavvy lounge song that doesn't even loop properly and gets interrupted once in a while by some dude that says:

"Thank you for your patience, please continue to hold the line while we connect you to one of our representatives"

I hung up eventually, at some point through my evening: no answer, no call back, no technician, no phone line and, obviously, no internet connection.

My wife had to stay home the next day (September 11th), because we couldn't even contact TekSavvy, she called them again the next day and after about 2 hours of listening to the stupid TekSavvy lounge song that doesn't even loop properly and gets interrupted once in a while by some dude that says:

She actually was able to speak to someone, the person said that the phone line was activated and that we should have a working phone. When my wife explained that we didn't, the person answered that it was most likely our fault and that if my wife wanted, TekSavvy could send a Bell technician to check the line but if it was indeed our fault we would have to pay a fee of $80. So we already paid activation fee, the technician didn't show up, we are to blame for the line not working and we may be charged $80 for "our mistake"???

...My wife decided to not go to work one more day and wait for the Bell technician...

The next day (September 11th), we get Bell's modem in the mail and the Bell technician shows up and confirms that the line was NOT activated, he goes ahead and activates the line, once the phone is confirmed to be working he also installs the POTS splitter for the internet line. While all this is happening at home I get a call to my cellphone in the middle of the work day from TekSavvy saying that my internet will be activated on September 17th... When I asked:

"and what are the unanticipated circumstances?"

I asked that question because every single e-mail from TekSavvy reads:

"Please note that your activation date could be delayed up to 10 business days due to unanticipated circumstances"

But it does not say anywhere that TekSavvy will not give you an explanation of such "unanticipated circumstances" so I asked. The person just responded:

"Nothing, it is standard. The internet activation always happens at least 5 days after the phone line is confirmed to be activated"

Now I feel stupid; someone lied to my face just to get my credit card number that was charged the very next day after the order was placed.

I couldn't argue with them at the time because I was at work so I just let it go. When I came home and found a working phone line, a VDSL modem and a POTS splitter installed, I couldn't help but wonder "why the hell is my internet not working yet?"

...So I called TekSavvy again...

After about one hour of listening to the stupid TekSavvy lounge song that doesn't even loop properly and gets interrupted once in a while by some dude that says:

My wife entered the room and we had the following conversation.

wife: "hahahaha if they don't answer during the day, what makes you think they are going to answer in the evening?"
me: "no, look, it says on their website that the technical support is 24/7"
wife: "ahhhh... I think you are misreading it, what they actually mean is that YOU have to be available 24/7 if you want to contact TekSavvy"
me: *hangs up*

You know what? I think she's right... this is a company that makes you feel like you are being scammed, they get your credit card information, bill you and then disappear.

On top of all this I already ran out of daytime minutes on my cellphone and I am almost over my limit of data as well...

Oh well I guess this is an example of why the saying "you get what you pay for" holds true to this day.

And to explain.
Pre Sales information: 0 - They lied to me about installation dates
Install Co-ordination: 0 - Technician didn't show up and then they lied about line being activated when it was not
Connection reliability: 0 - Haven't been able to test it
Tech Support: 0 - Totally non existent
Services: 0 - Haven't been able to test them
Value for money: 2/5 - If I ever get the services (and decide to keep them) the price is great for a service that, in my opinion, is running on a very reliable network.

TL;DR: The only thing TekSavvy has done right and on time is billing my credit card. Also TekSavvy's support is not existent and you can't get in touch with them after they've charged your credit card, not even to cancel your order!

Comments:

TSI Keith

phone + internet activation troubles

Wow. Okay, I'd like to start by saying how sorry I am for the way this has started for you. There are a couple points I'd like to touch on here.

For starters the Bell technicians do not report directly to us. If the order gets marked as complete that is unfortunately all we have to go off of and if the service is still not working our only option is to trouble shoot and open a ticket. It does happen on occasion that the physical part of the activation proves to be done without the home owner actually seeing the technician so again, we have to go off of what is marked on the order.

When we open a ticket with Bell there is a possible service charge ($87.70 + tax) if the issue is not on their network. This is why we do the troubleshooting we do, to try and narrow down the possibility of that charge as much as possible. However we will not open a ticket without the customer knowing this is a possibility as we do not want our customers to see that kind of surprise on their bill. With that being said, you should have only been advised of the possibility, you should not have been made to feel like it was your problem. We do occasionally have customers that just want a ticket opened and do not want to troubleshoot any. Our agents are not supposed to let that happen (because we don't want to see that charge) and may stress the importance of the troubleshooting to try and make sure the issue isn't internal. Again if it went beyond that if you guys were told, or made to feel that the agent was sure it was your issue I'm very sorry.

The wait times are definitely very frustrating right now there can be no doubt about that. The callback option should always be available unless it is after 6PM. We have added 40 new agents to help alleviate these times as well but this is unfortunately our busiest time of year. With that being said there is a team of us that provide off phone support as well. We can be reached here, facebook, twitter, or via email at support@teksavvy.com.

With all of that being said I'd like to touch on the part of this that bothers me the most (and you as well I would expect). We are unable to activate phone and DSL on the same day. Bell requires 5 business days notice to process and activate a DSL order for us and will not except that order and begin working on it if the phone line that the DSL is going on is not yet active. I know the last agent you spoke with advised you of this 5 business day wait. You should have been told much sooner then that. If you were not informed that is a problem. If you were told otherwise that is much worse. I would like to have this looked into and addressed to make sure the misinformation does not continue. If you could please PM me or post in the direct forum here: »TekSavvy Direct with your account and/or phone number I will have these calls looked into.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com

Did you try a user name and password?

Maybe all you needed to do was enter the user name and password after Bell left

Review by jo207 See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "High bandwidth limit"
Bad "Service"
Overall "Customer service has dropped dramatically."

The biggest disappoint of all has been their customer service. I had made a call to switch from their DSL service to their Cable service. They had forgotten to cancel the DSL service however and I did not notice that they been charging me both services for almost a year due to automatic payments. I had requested for a refund on the DSL service and dealt with 3 managers and all have failed to prove that any of this was my fault. Yet, they refuse to grant the refund.

I have been a customer of Teksavvy since they were a very young company. I was initially pleased by their prices, customer service reps, and connection reliability but more recently, I have been very disappointed with Teksavvy on all aspects.

They could have kept my business for years to come had they granted the refund (though miniscule to a growing company like Teksavvy) but I guess they are willing to lose more money in the long run. I have since cancelled all services with Teksavvy. I am just glad there are still competitors out there that seem more promising than Teksavvy.

Comments:

TSI Keith

service overlap

Hello there,

First off allow me to say that we do have some customers who have both DSL and Cable service active with us. Some do this because they work from home and want a backup connection in case there are any outages. Others surely have their own reasons. We do not make assumptions on behalf of our customer and typically the customer should give us a call once the new service is working properly if they wish to cancel their current service.

With that being said though, this obviously should have been explained to you when the order for cable service was made. Now, if you have already spoken to management multiple times I can make no guarantees here, but if you can message me your account info, or post it here: »TekSavvy Direct I'd like to look into this for you one more time.

I have posted this already under your cable review but re-posting here as well.

TSI-Keith
alex68

join:2012-08-25
l4

Just awlful!

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER YET.
Hold time to actually speak to someone is ridiculous.
Internet hooked up10 days late, would not consider to give us a credit.(prepaid in advance)so not much I can do.Installation guy knew it wasn't working,still was charged for installation fee what not sure.. 5 days later 3 and half hrs on the phone finally with service and a bill of just over 220.00 .. is not worth it ..

Review by tech_monkey See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Bad "Tired of wasting time with Teksavvy"
Overall "If you like to beat your head against a wall, this is the ISP for you."

I build and manage networks and systems in data centers for a living. I deal with numerous service providers in the course of a day. The last thing I want to be doing when I get home to relax and play some xbox or surf the web is to be dealing with my ISP tech support because its not working properly.

I have been with Teksavvy for about 2 years, and about once a month on average my connection goes down and takes about 2 hours of my time to get it working again. EVERY time I call support I get the same lame routine and excuses.

Here are my biggest complaints about Teksavvy:

1. Suppose to get 6Mbps download, I get 2.5Mbps

2. Often get poor latency on connections

3. Often get short drops in connectivity, but long enough to lose connection to xbox live games

4. When I have to reboot my DSL modem, I often have no routing beyond the Teksavvy gateway. It can take up to a hour for the routing to return properly

5. When I call support for item 4., they TRY to tell me that it is a problem with my firewall/router and want to charge $$$ for a tech to come look at the problem. This is about the time I get very annoyed and hang up. Always funny how the problems seems to get resolved after without me making any changes on my end.

6. If I do happen to get a support tech with a little intelligence, then the only answer I get is that is Bell's fault.

Now that the monthly cost of service has gone up, it just is not worth the hassle any more and I'm looking for a new provider.

Update: 2012-05-18

I have been phoning around to look for a new provider. Been looking at both cable and DSL. I find that when I talk to providers of DSL and they check the Bell database (same one that Teksavvy has to use to qualify a customer line), that my dry loop is not rated for DSL traffic. This leads me to believe that Teksavvy doesn't care a damn about providing and verifying that the customer has good quality service before they install and take your money.

Also TSI Jonathan has not said a word since I scolded him in the PM reply about asking for personal info over a unsecured method. Guess Teksavvy is not that concerned about REALLY trying to resolve issues with its customers.

Comments:
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed

Welcome to Wholesale DSL..

1st off.. It's an UP TO SERVICE.. So 2.5 appears to show you have a bad line, or are simply to far from the equipment. This part is managed for ALL ISP's by BELL CANADA. It also can be why you are dropping connection/sync.

Bell charges $95+ to them if the issue is found to be with your equipment, which is why they don't rush to send a tech.

ALL DSL providers will have this issue, unless Bell fixes your line or moves to to a closer dslam. Latency will happen as well on these cases, and most people who have correctly working lines do not see huge latency with Teksavvy.

All these issues point to BELL's Network which TSI has no control over as TSI and all other DSL Wholesalers are a wholesale service, which is a mandated by the government service that Bell has to make available.

If available, you may want to use Cable, cause unless your willing to work with support, your line may never work to your satisfaction no matter who you use.
tech_monkey

join:2012-05-16
Montreal, QC

Seems you misses the point

Your not telling me anything I don't already know. I'm not paying $66/month to Teksavvy to help them solve their problems with their providers, and I'm certainly not paying for a tech to fix Bell's bad line. I have been playing the IT game long enough to know better than to agree to "possible" charges for technicians. If they can't resolve issues with their provider, and want to give the same excuses every time a support ticket is opened, then I have to move on and try another provider.

The average consumer looking for an ISP, who probably doesn't know what dslam is, shouldn't need to go and get a computer science degree just to understand that their Internet doesn't work properly because their ISP provider can't get it together.

TSI Jon
join:2011-08-24
canada

Hi Tech_monkey,

I just sent you a PM. Please get back to me so I can assist you further.

TSI Jonathan
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.
tech_monkey

join:2012-05-16
Montreal, QC

Re: Seems you misses the point

I now have to add another complaint to my list:

7. Asking for private information over an unsecured method (ie. this forum PM). Warning to anyone who has this same experience here. If Teksavvy requests your account # or any personal information in this forum, you risk having that information falling into the wrong hands. If they really want to help you from this forum, then they should give you a support ticket number that you can then call in to Teksavvy and begin a resolution.
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Jon
join:2011-08-24
canada

Hi Tech_Monkey,

As you can see on the approved list of techs in the TekSavvy forum. »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum I am an approved staff to assist customers. This list has been recently updated to make sure no one creates a TSI handle pretending to be us. People who reach out to us or when we reach out to them can verify and make sure they can trust us. You can always call in and ask to speak with me and I can assist you over the phone 1-877-779-1575. I understand if you do not want to give any of your information through PM. Just wanted to try and help out.

Enjoy the last day of the long weekend
TSI Jonathan
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

TSI Marc
join:2006-06-23
said by tech_monkey:

Hi, I've read your post and I've read your change in review. Within minutes of your original review I made sure our crew was looking into your issue. I personally told my crew to just send a tech out since it looks like its a line problem.

You state above that you won't pay for Bell to fix their line, to be sure, we didn't ask you to do that either. We asked you to pay if it was not a Bell problem. We hate to do this of course and I'm looking into ways if we can better assess from our side if we think it's a line problem or not. Years ago when we did not have these astronomical costs we would have send somebody out right away. But now days we try to scrutinize more in order to make sure nobody gets charged if they don't need to.

I'm sure it's frustrating as I too have had spotty Internet connections but I do have to say that the general tone of your post is not the nicest. I seriously doubt we've treated you that way.

If you don't want to post any of your information... That's all good with us, we are trying to help you though so implementing a system like you mention, however much a good idea that is, won't help you in the immediate. The irony is that this is one of the reasons why we started our own forums earlier this month given this sites recent events.

In essence we're trying to help you and it wont hurt to cut us some slack. Let me know if you don't get the help you're looking for.
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

sweetnurse64

Re: Welcome to Wholesale DSL..

Ha ha! That is "exactly" what I was told! They not only said that it was "Bells" fault but that "Bell knows about it, it's a problem on this part of the street and that there isn't any plans to do anything about it!"
vintagewino

join:2003-07-22
Grimsby, ON

Re: Welcome to Wholesale DSL..

Many of the Bell F1 & F2 lines are 40+ year old garbage, and the distances can and do make DSL flaky. If I had service from my municipality, I would be SOOL for DSL. As it is, my local comes from the neighbouring village 3.5km away. At the F1/F2 junction box 5 houses down, easy 6M FP @ 80% OF. 250 feet of F2, best I can have is 3008/512FP. 4032/800 IL is crap here. Also new drop from the F2 cylinder to the demarc & to the POTS splitter. The tech even told me the F2 is junk, and put me on a "less bad" pair.

I am not defending TSI. The lads there & I have had our quarrels, and they have been beauts. But, please tell me, how can the indie ISP force Bell to improve service? You call Bell regarding your internet, and they will tell you to talk to your ISP and hang up on you ( ... or ... dump that indie & come over to Bell). I was actually told that last part by the service rep.

Have you ever wondered why Bell cripples their modems they supply to their customers, and forces them to rent the damned thing?

But as long as Bell is allowed to flip the bird to the indies and their clients with impunity, we all lose.

By the way, don't get your knickers in a knot over the PM. I have used it many times, and it is quite secure. Wouldn't go as far as putting CC info on it, though. The other alternative would be to email the support member directly @ teksavvy.com.
Natalie

join:2012-04-06

Re: Welcome to Wholesale DSL..

I think the OP should leave TSI and get a new provider as, it appears, he finds fault all over the place.. it's not TSI it's him...TSI have excellent customer support; however, they're not doormats and ... uh... you can't expect to get world class service when you open up a discussion with such a negative and complaining tone.

Review by gorally See Profile

• Location: Markham,ON
Good "Pre-sales coordination was excellent"
Bad "anything after the day that I am supposed to be online"
Overall "I will second thought before I jump the ship"

I had Rogers cables over 10 years. Main reason I want move is their Cap. My usage exceed 50% over the allowance. They put me into a pretty good deal to upgrade to Extreme plus with about 30% off. I signed up but they screwed up my order when I picked up the modem. I was out for 2 days then I decided to move. I heard of TekSavvy in the past and wanted to give it a try. First impression was great because the sales lady picked up the call in no time and explain all the packages to me. They completed my 16mbps 300G order in 15 mins. I was so excited of my ex-Rogers era. I got my modem on the third day after I placed the order. I was so looking forward to the tech to get me going last Friday. I took a day off and were home waiting until 4:30pm. A tech called me telling me they were overloaded, they will have to change my date to the another day. I was a bit upset because I took a day off for that. At the meantime, a tech rang my bell and I was surprised that they have another tech just at my neighborhood. He came in and put a POTS splitter in my basement. He told me the Bell order had me on 12 mbs. I told him that I was on a 16 mbs plan. He told me he will talked to Bell to have me changed. About an hour later, he called back and ask me to check Speedtest. I got a 13.5 and he told me that is the best they can do. I am not happy but I accepted it. However, when I test the link with my laptop, I constantly getting link drop. I tried to contact TSI over the weekend, Mon, Tuesday without success. I was constantly put on the musical hold for hours. Then I discover this dslreports site which I can open a ticket to TSI. I gave that a try and was contact by the tech within 12 hours. Not bad considered I have been trying to contact the tech support over 4 days. At the meantime, my connection continue get its up and down. Even when it was up, I was getting about 2-4 mbs. The tech suggested me to move to the demarcation point, change my phone cord and even ask me to get another modem. I was not convinced that why and how do I get another modem? They gave me the ridiculous suggestion to borrow my friend's modem for test. Honestly, is that a viable solution to try to troubleshoot? How could I ask my friend to be out of internet for a few hours so that I can test if my line is good. Then I bite the bullet and bought a new modem from the store ($25) way cheaper price than the $75 dollar I paid for TSI. I told myself TSI is a business, they had to make some money and they will have to backup the product they sold. Well, I was half right. I was told then I may need to pay for 87 +HST in order to have Bell to look at the line, if they find no problem. I asked the tech what did they see from my line stats and what was the result mean. I didn't really get any real answer if the line is bad. So this is my one week since I been activated and I still doesn't have a reliable connection. Luckily my Rogers line still available so I wouldn't dead in the water. At the mean time, I am still asked to express my consent that I may be charged for the bell service.

I got a new modem, move that to demarcation point, change the phone cord. The link still dropping every few hours. Does that enough to prove the line is bad?

My experience to this really make me re-consider to sing-up with reseller. The installation part is lousy. Everything was just rush rush and no real test was being done. That leave the big mess to the user to deal with TSI and Bell. The tech support (or lack of) are totally unhelpful. First they expect every user is an electronic engineer. The information they provided was beyond any ordinary user can understand. The tests that they wanted me to go through, it can't be done by anyone without computer knowledge. I can't imagine how the elderly or non-technical user can deal with all the demand you guys are asking us as a usre to do. If this is the expectation, please include this as a pre-requisite when we sign up.

At the moment, I just like to have a stable connection. Speed is already second priority to me. Why wouldn't the tech onsite be able to tell me anything about that, instead, I had to go through this painful route? My take to this is even the plan is more attractive in a way, there are much more hidden cost and intangible that a reseller can compete with the big guys. I would not recommend TSI based on my personal experience

Comments:

TSI Martin

Bad experience

Hello,

I understand what you are going through at this time isn't quite fulfilling as an experience, but we don't stride at not getting things done properly.

If I read correctly, being with Rogers Cable internet for 10 years, DSL is quite a new technology for you. We certainly don't expect all users to be proficient with the internet, and it's our duty to do our best to help you out. Unfortunately, things that may have come up as questions or troubleshooting methods, may sound weird to you but they are all in good conscience an attempt to get to the bottom of the situation & to get the problem resolved.

Being that we are a Wholesale service, we do depend on the Vendors to keep the last mile (from Central office to NID/demarc outside your residence) in good standing. Any wiring, equipment or devices/hardware after that said demarcation point outside becomes the customers responsibility. If after troubleshooting we deemed that you line continues to have issues, then we will ask Bell to troubleshoot the last mile as long as you approve this first. We ask that you approve so that you understand that if the problem ends up being something on your end, you were aware & the DMC charges of $87.70 would apply. If the issue ends up being something on the last mile, then it's the responsibility of the Vendor to fix it. The DMC charge is voided as this wasn't your responsibility to fix.

We are always here to help & we will try to explain to you to the best of our knowledge what is going on, happening, & what we are attempting to do to fix the problem.

Please feel free to contact me via PM TSI Martin See Profile if you'd like to contact me personally.

Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
gorally

join:2012-03-31

Re: Bad experience

Thank you for getting back to me Martin. I do understand your company's role as wholesaler. However, I think there are problem in your delivery procedure. Right now you are just try to fulfill the activation part as soon as possible and leave the rest to the customer to deal with the rest. In a sunny day, there will be no problem. However, not everyday is sunny. I do believe if there is some effort were spent during the initiate installation will eliminate a lot of after service. Especially that part left the customer in a no man's land. You could probably do a better job in implementation and have the problem look at right at that moment. Me being a regular user, we don't have any equipment or tools to test the line quality. We can only use this tools within the modem to obtain the stats. I rely on your tech support to give me the answer if the stats are good or not. Not me to determine if those stat is good or not. May be I am just too naive that the switch over will go smoothly.
GerryTiger

join:2012-03-30
York, ON

Re: Bad experience

This is my speed most of the time....its 7:02pm Friday 4/6/2012. will post another one later late night.

I signed up for 6MB/800KB only get half of it. (most of the time) high/low peak