TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by gord27 See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Tech support, no throttling"
Bad "none so far."
Overall "beats the crap out of bell."

after years of frustration with sympatico i'm finally satisfied with my internet service.

Comments:

Review by pcmikepl See Profile

• Location: Brampton,ON
Good "The change over was butter smooth"
Bad "Nothing that you can blame Teksavvy for"
Overall "If your reading this, your knowledgeable enough to set it up"

$30 5mb/800kb with 200GB cap (way better then a Bell cap)

$4 Static IP

Modem: $100 direct from Teksavvy: Speedsteam 614

I used to be on the Bell Hispeed plan (grandfathered, no cap), but I wanted a static ip, didn't need one but wanted one. on Bell it would of cost me +$20~ to get the equal business plan, which I'm not even sure you can on a residential line. So, BAM I found Teksavvy here, on my favorite forum on internet service. Ordering it was easy, its just that there was a delay of 30 days because of the crappy Bell cancellation policy. The change over was butter smooth. I didn't even have to do anything besides connecting a new modem and user/password ahead of time. The service hours are amazing and the staff there is actually smart AND helpful (that is rare). I had a slightly advanced problem (wrong VCI setting after modem reset) but in 30 minutes it was fixed and working. The help I've received was simple and quick. So if you know how to plug in a DSL modem you will know how to fix your problem. The things I hate that Teksavvy cannot fix (for now): using bell lines, crappy rental house wiring and running fiber to everyone's home so we don't have to use anything related to Bell. In the end I'm saving $10~/month for the lack of a modem rental!

Comments:

Review by dan991199 See Profile

• Location: St Catharines,ON
Good "Unlimited usage"
Bad "Bell dictates the speed"
Overall "Great alternative to ISPs with bitcaps"

only been with TSI for a short time but the staff are great, and the lack of a bit cap makes this a great choice for any heavy user.

member for 7.4 years, 1624 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by Smokin Chipz See Profile

• Location: The Market
Good " Service is reliable, modem next day usually, tech support proves awesome"
Bad "Getting activated takes 5 days in most cases, but not their fault."
Overall "Great value and the rare time you need help, its polite and resolve time is fast."

I've got a static IP for an extra $4 a month and it does exactly what I expect it to do.
Bottom line it does what is supposed to.
When you have to order a modem with your package, it is delivered next day usually, but the service sometimes takes like a week to get activated. This is not the fault of Teksavvy, it is the "bell" operations part of the process.
I have recommended this service to several people with success.

Comments:

Review by westvv See Profile

• Location: M2J 1U8
Good "the tech support is very good, I did not see a company like that."
Bad "As a bigger and bigger company, I think they should consider more upstream providers"

Well. I had used their service as a login account customer, basicly, their service is good, I mark it as 4.5 out of 5, you can think it's the best service with good price, but right now, their unlimited service price goes higher, 10 dollars difference. Premium service keep the same price, I do not know if that will be raised later. anyway, I think it's a growing company, right now it has peer1, cogent, and teleglobe as the upstream, but with more and more customer and maybe more and more business customers, it should consider more decent upstream service providers, like Alter(as701), Sprint(as1239), at&t (as as7018), German telecom(as3320, Deutsche Telekom AG).... I know they are expensive providers.

Comments:

Review by rupture See Profile

• Location: Toronto, ON
Good "Fast setup and knowledgeable customer service. Great price for DSL internet service, absolutely no regrets thus far."
Bad "None whatsoever"
Overall "Great ISP and would recommend to all!"

All I can say is: fast setup and knowledgeable customer service! I am paying a great price for unlimited service, absolutely no regrets thus far. I ordered the unlimited DSL package about 2 weeks ago. The connection has been rock solid and I have not had any difficulties with their internet or email service. The price is comparable to other ISPs on the market. What really sold me was that the support staff was incredibly knowledgeable and actually willing to assist! I've heard great thing about Teksavvy and thus far, they have lived up to all the hype! I would definitely recommend Teksavvy to anyone in search of an affordable and reliable internet service provider.

Update Nov 28 2007 (one year later):

My kind words for Teksavvy continue. They have made a switch with their DSL internet packages due to the increase in price and demand for bandwidth on their end. I was on their unlimited package but switched to the premium service, where the price remained the same. The switch was simple and quick and I think I'll benefit more from the service. The cap for premium has since been upgraded to 200GB, more than I could ever use in a month. I generally don't need much tech support but the times that I have required it, the staff at TSI have answered and resolved issues to my satisfaction each and everytime. I see myself with Teksavvy for years to come and will certainly recommend their services to all of my friends and family!

Comments:

Review by xgmranti See Profile

• Location: Almonte,ON
Good "Quick and easy"
Overall "The way it should be"

I signed up with Teksavvy for the Premium login for $10 a month (100GB Cap).

Called in to their toll free number, was redirected to a sales rep, and finished the sign up in a little under 5 minutes.

Account was live within 3 hours, initial connection appears to be stable.

For $10 a month; a nice backup connection with Peer 1 transit and slightly better pings then Primus for gaming. You can't really go wrong, more reliable then paying for "Business class DSL".

Will update the review as I go.

Comments:

Review by hakunamatata1 See Profile

• Location: Scarborough,ON
Good "excellent custojmer service/teksupport"
Bad "only getting 2.5M speed"

Was with bell before, they charged me too much for internet, switched to teksavvy, smooth transition, good pricing and customer service cancelled bell home phone after that so had to go on dry loop, everything is good ,except i am only getting 2.5 meg , i was told that it is due to the physical limitation of the bell line, not sure if that is true , before i cancelled bell service they had put in a ticket for the speed and i saw my speed going up to 4 meg.

Comments:

Review by vivalite See Profile

• Location: Peterborough,ON
Good "Good reliable service, very responsive customer service"
Bad "No so far"
Overall "Strongly recommended!"

200GB cap which more than I need. Rock solid connection, speed of 6016Kb/800Kb....What else I can ask for $29.95?

Teksvvy is the best ISP ever, strongly recommended!

member for 12.1 years, 164 visits, last login: 5.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by Ares45 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Speed, customer service, price"
Bad "Dependancy on local telco (Bell)"
Overall "Great ISP with great local customer support."

Switching from Bell's Sympatico was a breeze; 5 days to activate the connection, then just login and you're up and running. You can use existing equipment from Sympatico if you have it, or purchase a DSL modem separately.

With the Premium plan, I'm getting 200GB/month with a 3Mbps (max my line will handle) for a little over $30. And great tech support to boot.

Not only am I saving about $20/month on my internet, I'm also getting better service.

Highly recommend this company and their services!

member for 7.3 years, 3599 visits, last login: a few hours ago