TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by adii8 See Profile

• Location: Montreal,QC
Good "Excellent in all aspects of the game!"
Bad "No real French service for reseller in Quebec."
Overall "Can't go wrong with TekSavvy! It's a definite win-win situation."

I used to work for two ISP companies (Inter.net and B2B2C), so I have a perspective of what is a good ISP... From the informations process to the final installation, TekSavvy's staff is there, friendly and efficient. The cost and value are the best, in Montreal anyway, compared to all other major ISP's. Not to mention the speed! I just checked and my downloads are at 626K and my ups are at 86K! That's way better than others...trust me! Price, very acceptable: 31.75$ tax in.

I would not change my ISP for nothing at this time!

Good job TekSavvy!

Comments:

Review by canstocker See Profile

Good "Good value for money"
Bad "Worst service ever when something goes wrong"
Overall "If you don't mind being down for at least a week when something goes wrong, then this is your company"

Once everything is setup things are fine (like most ISPs). However their communication with their clients with regards to getting a Bell tech is downright AWFUL!

3 needs for a Bell tech - 3 awful experiences.

1) I call to register, Teksavvy bills right away and tell me a tech will be at my place in 5 business days. They don't ask when is a good day for me. Fine.

However they fail to call me back to tell me when the service will take place. So while at work, a Bell tech calls to say they are at my house to install the dry loop. So I have to plead with the Bell guy to wait for me as I leave work run home.

2) Internet goes down - call Teksavvy - we need a technician. They ask when is a good day for me (this is a Tuesday by the way). So I tell them Friday or Saturday evening.

Friday and Saturday go by - NO TECH SHOWS UP. I call Teksavvy. They tell me the service call was made from Monday day time!! So miss work Monday - the tech doesn't
show up until the evening!! He tells me that he could have been at my place earlier, but was scheduled for the evening!!

3) I'm move to a different apartment - call Teksavvy on a Monday to get a tech to come in. They tell me the earliest is Friday evening and that this will cost 20$. Fine.

So I call Teksavvy Friday (today) to confirm the tech will show up this evening and to verify what hours are considered evening... and they tell me that Bell only does dry loop connections during the day from 8 to 5!! So now it's Friday afternoon and I will have to leave work early... I will update as time goes by today.

THIS TEKSAVVY COMPANY HAS BEEN EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. I was with Rogers before and at least when something went wrong they had a tech the next day within a 4 hour period!!

Anyways I will update with what goes on today...

Comments:

Review by TheZodiac See Profile

• Location: canada
Good "Top Notch Customer Service and overall experience"
Overall "I'm an idiot for staying with Sympatico so long"

I was put on 3Mb profile but a simple post on Teksavvy direct forum and now I'm 6Mb plus.
I bought my own Speedtouch 516 like everyone has been recommending.

member for 10.7 years, 757 visits, last login: 1.8 years ago

Comments:

Review by BoxerJoe See Profile

• Location: Hamilton,ON
Good "Tech support is by far superior to anyother ISP."
Overall "Responsive tech support if needed and great value for services offered."

Switching over to TekSavvy from Sympatico and TekSavvy tech support seems by far better than any other support service from other ISPs that I have used. There support is responsive, you can understand them and you do not have to go through the automated system like most other large ISPs.

I would definately recommend this ISP to others. Great job TekSavvy.

Comments:

Review by beamer69 See Profile

• Location: Burnaby,BC
  • Telco party Telus
Good "Good value, great support"
Overall "Great value for money, good support"

Moved from Telus to TSI during the beta test. Moving was easy but try to remember your password unlike me who forgot it. Simple phone call fixed that up in no time.

This move has dropped my monthly price for ADSL from about $52.95 down to $35.95 before tax and my cap is more then 3x what it was before.

I might not have moved if I wasn't getting charged extra for not having LD or a cell plus extra because I wouldn't sign a contract.

Glad I made the move.

Comments:

Review by shapester See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Great service, tech who know what they are talking about"
Bad "none"
Overall "Awesome."

I considered Rogers and Bell's Ultra High Speed options (10MB+) but stick with Teksavvy because of price and service. Their techs know what they are doing, and are very helpful. I won't leave unless I move somewhere they cant service me....like the Moon.

Comments:

Review by coreyp0 See Profile

• Location: Orleans,ON
Good "Great pre-sales from the forum and the information on their website is just what you need - no fluff like the 'other guys'"
Bad "None yet"
Overall "I switched from Bell and you should too."

I recently switched from Bell HS to Teksavvy. I've been a Bell DSL customer for 8 years and found them incredibly lacking. I got tired of the runarounds and found that Teksavvy treated their customers with much more respect than Bell ad the support is actually helpfull and present.

The online order page was a snap I was signed up and confirmed in less than 20 minutes. I also got exactly what I asked for a day earlier than was promised.

Comments:

Review by Antonin See Profile

• Location: Rockwood,ON
Good "Great tech support. Great Price. No concerns about bandwidth. Used cheap 2wire modem."
Bad "Speed is a bit slower than cable, but I knew that would be the case"
Overall "Highly Recommended. These guys know what they're doing, and they think of the customer."

As one of numerous former Cogeco customers (and with thanks to the DSLreports forums), I decided to make the switch from cable to dsl. I'm very happy.

To be clear, this was not an exercise in finding the cheapest access to limitless downloading. Rather, it was out of a need to reduce risk. Given that the big Telcos in Canada are not doing a good job of communicating with their customers, there's no telling what shenanigans they'll pull next. Teksavvy clearly knows their customers, their market space, and is up front with people. That's refreshing and IMHO very necessary.

Comments:

Review by excaliber See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "Excellent service, worth the price."
Bad "None!"
Overall "Would definately recommend."

I've been on the net for over 20 years and this is the best ISP I've ever used.

Comments:

Review by chriswtf887 See Profile

• Location: Etobicoke,ON
Good "Competent technicians, friendly customer support, resolves issues within a timely fashion"
Bad "Has to work under Bell (which can sometimes cause delays/issues out of their control)"
Overall "By far the best value for Internet service i've seen. Worth every penny."

Considered many different ISP's before selecting Teksavvy. I eventually chose them based on other user feedback from a forum I frequent. Haven't looked back since.

Price is great, 29.95/Month for 5Mbit DSL, Speed is consistent. I was originally placed on a lower speed tier by Bell, but after determining through a line test that my line should be able to handle the 5Mbit speed, a request was put through and all was well.

Purchased a Speedtouch DSL modem from them, which although I could've obtained a modem cheaper elsewhere, have no complaints, It arrived very fast, and was as described and has worked flawlessly since day one. They even offer the option of preconfiguring it for your DSL connection so you literally have to do nothing but plug and play.

Had zero bad experiences (at the fault of Teksavvy), and nothing but good to say about this company. If your'e considering, consider no more, and make the switch. If you weren't considering, well...make the switch anyway =)