TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by crumbworks See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Amazing speeds, no monthly caps, and great transparent customer service"
Bad "Rare downtime is usually on Bell's fault. Speed upgrades were both bad experiences"
Overall "Overall, I'm very happy with TekSavvy"

·Bell Sympatico
April 2010:
Just switched from Bell -- it was an older account from around 2001 so it retained the unlimited bandwidth perk. However, it was over $60/month and kept going up (Bell's way to force people off the grandfathered plans), and Bell's customer service is AWFUL. I'd rather beat myself with my broken modem than deal with an outsourced Bell agent trying to "help me" replace it. Never again.

So now I have TekSavvy. I heard such good things

Initial Installation: A+

It could not have been better. They asked when my parents were planning on taking the Bell modem to their place, so they can coordinate when they will activate my connection. Since they had told Bell they weren't moving it for over 2 weeks, the TekSavvy representative that I spoke with said "Great! Since that is far enough away, you'll have your modem shipped by then, and you can go online without any service interruptions."

...and she was right. The morning it was set to be activated, I unhooked the Bell modem, hooked up the TekSavvy modem, and opened my browser. It asked me some simple questions about settings / username / password (all provided in a TekSavvy email I got 2 weeks prior) and I was online within 40 seconds. I was amazed, because Bell had previously SCREWED ME with stuff like this.

Stability: B+

Overall, it's an A. The only reason it doesn't get an A+ is because there are a few downtimes at weird hours (like 1am to 5am) and I am sometimes a night owl. Either way, it's rare. Since it's the same infastructure as Bell, I figured this would be the case -- while I dislike Bell as a whole, their stability was top notch. TekSavvy, same thing.

Update 09/2013: There have been blips here and there, but nothing substantial. Our old gateway was starting to die on us but it also faced heavy traffic for over 2 years, so I think it was just on its last legs. Since June 2013, we've had VDSL2, which requires a new gateway, and that has not had any issues at all.

Customer Service: A

They've been very nice to me every time I called, answering every question I had to the best of their ability. Calling people in Canada ALWAYS makes me happier. I hate outsourcing and have had some terrible experiences with it. TekSavvy is fantastic for keeping it local! PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THAT!

The other reason I give it an A? Transparency. When there are DSL issues, I check the "network status" page and it mentions it right then and there... and on their forum here on DSLReports, among many other employees posting to inform us of the issue / progress, many of the replies are from the managers, VPs, and the CEO himself. What other company would have the CEO answer the customers directly?! I've always respected the hell out of this company.

Value: A

I went with Unlimited because my brother and I are very heavy users. Video podcasts, streaming services, cloud backup, etc -- we move a TON of data. I am very glad that TekSavvy offers an unlimited option in a market that otherwise has ridiculously small caps. Even better is the "we don't count upload" thing, which adds a great value to customers on the capped plans.

Update 06/2013: It's fantastic that TekSavvy has Unlimited tiers even for their fastest VDSL2 packages. I'm fine paying a premium to have it truly unlimited, given that this household uses far more than 300 GB per month. All in all, it still costs far less than their competitors, who haven't offered unlimited packages in ages.

Speed: A+

Update 2013: This section is being revised because since the time I originally wrote my review, I've upgraded my speed twice. From 5 Mbps ADSL... to 16/1 ADSL2+ FTTN.... to 25/10 VDSL2. The main reason for an A+ score: the TekSavvy reps (both over the phone and via direct forum) go the extra mile to make sure we get the speeds we pay for, in both directions.

Other/Misc: A+

I added this section to add 2 notes

1) When I initially called to set up my account with TekSavvy back in 2010, I was also switching my home phone from Bell to TekSavvy, and that was also very seamless. There was literally ZERO downtime for both services at any point during the transition.
2) There has never been one billing issue in the past 4.5 years -- the experience is enhanced when I don't have to deal with such issues.

UPDATE #1: Death of a Router
05/2010 - only a week or two into my TekSavvy service

The gateway they provided died. They are shipping out a replacement. Not a huge deal, but this put a slight damper on the early parts of my relationship with TekSavvy. It is likely a fluke.

UPDATE #2: Satisfactory Modem
03/2012 - coming up on 2 years with TekSavvy

After the gateway failure, the hardware (and the service) has had no issues since. As I suspected, it was just a faulty piece of hardware (which I didn't hold it against them... I know these things happen) and the replacement has been working flawlessly for nearly 2 years without dying. Given how heavily we hammer it with both LAN and WAN traffic, that proves it can withstand a barrage.

UPDATE #3: Service Upgrade Woes
05/2012 - a customer now for a little over 2 years

Two months ago, TekSavvy had a promotion to upgrade to a faster DSL package for free, which meant waiving the $95 upgrade fee (a promotion only offered because Bell was doing so -- Bell is the one that collects that fee). So we decided to upgrade from 5 Mbps to 16 Mbps service -- the fastest speed available without requiring new hardware.

Overall, the process could have been a LOT smoother. Let me explain...

To start, I didn't mind that it was a self-serve process online. That's actually cool. However, here's where it gets messy. Part of the online upgrade process involves selecting a date for the technician to come out, and the earliest date available was like 10 days later.

So I'm like "that sucks, but fine. I can wait the 10 days."

...time passes. A few days into the wait, I get an email from TekSavvy:

"Your up to 16.0 Megabit Residential DSL service is set to be tentatively activated on [X date] anywhere between the hours of 8am to Midnight. The first technician will arrive between 12pm and 5pm. A second technician will arrive between 5pm and 9pm. Someone must be home for both technicians."

First off:
Two separate technicians needed and such a large window? That's nuts. I figured by 2012, we'd be able to provide much shorter windows.

Secondly:
So I am waiting ALL day at my condo, and I am watching out my balcony like a hawk, because some of those Bell technicians make no effort at all. The building manager is rarely there to let people in, so if you aren't paying attention, they may leave. After waiting all day, I called TekSavvy late at night...

The gist of what was learned: the day selected from their self-serve upgrade tool is just a tentative "we'll try to accommodate" day... but then supposedly Bell is notified, they check their service schedule to see if that day works for them, and if it doesn't, they pick another day (of their choosing) and schedule that as the date of deployment, and then send out a finalized confirmation email.

They selected two days later, but lo and behold, they never emailed me to inform of that!! So I took a day off work, waited ALL day without leaving my suite, and no one was even going to arrive.

Thirdly:
Two more days passed, and this was the 'proper' technician day. So I wait and I wait, again watching to see if a truck pulls up to my building. But then I get a call from a TekSavvy service rep in the late afternoon, saying my speeds have been increased. So I tell him "oh? but no one even showed up..." and he was like "this is just a speed upgrade, right? not new service? yeah, no one needs to come out for that. we just have to open your profile and change your settings."

Are you kidding me?? Great, now I now have faster speeds... but if its just a setting in a system, why did I have to wait 10 days, then another 2 days, and take TWO days off work?!?! Why did I get emails telling me about all this technician stuff that turned out to be completely false?

Overall, I was not impressed with how that went down. If its as simple as a profile change, it should be automated. It should be: click "upgrade" online, it charges my credit card, and my speeds change effective my next bill cycle. Instead, I was faced with that ridiculous mess.

UPDATE #4: Another Service Upgrade, With More Issues
06/2013 - a customer now for over 3 years

TekSavvy had recently introduced new speed packages, while also dropping prices (which the CRTC influenced). Because of this, their call centres were flooded with activations and upgrades, and wait times were EXTREMELY long. So I did as they suggested, and submitted the upgrade request online via their self-serve portal. I submitted it on June 12th, to go from DSL 16/1, to VDSL2 25/10. It said the tentative tech visit would be on June 20 and that they will email me further details within 24-48 hours

I waited 4 days. No one emailed me, so I posted on their direct forum. I then got call from a TekSavvy agent later that day. She apologized for the delay, said they were very busy, and that she put the request in now. Not before when I submitted it, but just now over the phone. Basically, what I did online did nothing.

Since there was that delay, the June 20 tech visit was not available -- she said the 24th was the next available, and even that is still 'tentative'. She said they will call me when Bell has confirmed the date.

The new VDSL2 modem had already arrived, but still no confirmation call. On the 21st, I again reached out to them and asked what was going on. They said the order was rejected and they not sure why -- they said they would contact their vendor and call me back Monday morning with the details.

I asked on Monday evening why no one called me, they said they tried to call the vendor, but turns out they were closed for a Quebec holiday. So that got pushed to Tuesday. After contacting their vendor on Tuesday, they said another ISP is linked to my phone number (huh?) and after I told them there is only ONE tied to my line, they said they would contact Bell on 06/27 and find out what is going on.

Eventually, they replied to me on the forum saying that I had to contact Bell to get the other line removed from our phone number. I called Bell, but of course their inept outsourced agents had no idea what I was asking about. Growing ever frustrated, I contacted TekSavvy again, who gave me a number to call to reach a specific back-end Bell "specialization department". The TS agent gave me a bunch of tech jargon I had to relay to the Bell agent to get this thing going.

After I did all this, they were finally able to process the order. The technician came to my house several days later. He was very courteous and said everything was set to go, and all I had to do was wait for my speed profile change to go through on the back-end. He said if not changed by 5pm, to call tech support. I spoke to an agent at 6pm, he said it was still pending, and it may take until midnight. I spoke to another agent after midnight who said the work order has gone through (no longer pending), but in his own words, "it looks like it wasn't done right". He put in a ticket for them to fix that, which meant another 24-48 hour delay.

About 36 hours later, the speed was increased, but only the download was done. The upload was still 1 Mbps -- I spoke to TekSavvy, who put me on hold and spoke to 3 different Bell reps to resolve this. That TekSavvy agent said the proper upload speed should be set within 24 hours.

I checked that same time the next day, the upload was increased but only partially -- not to the 10 Mbps I was paying for. I contacted TS on their private forum on 07/05, they said they'd look into it on 07/08 (Monday) because Bell's department that handled that was closed until then. The agent also said "because you're getting CLOSE to the speeds you are supposed to get, they may not change it." (seems like the wrong thing to tell a customer)

Anyway.... finally on Monday afternoon, it was corrected. 25.1 Mbps down, 10.02 Mbps up

So it took from 06/12 until 07/08 (26 days) from when I submitted the order until I had the new proper speeds, plus I had to do a lot of legwork myself to call that back-end-server Bell thing to fix some issues that magically appeared on my phone line.

Conclusion [UPDATED 09/2014]:
Honestly, I'm very satisfied. Maybe parts of my review will have you think otherwise, but the two service upgrades were only a few weeks of madness. The rest of the time, it's been fast, stable, and error-free. I'm gonna give them a B+ overall because of the upgrades issues, and the fact a lot of the issues they can't fully diagnose because they're Bell issues. But it's all good. Definitely would recommend!

Comments:

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast

join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON

Clarification

First off let me say that I like this review in that it is very detailed and organized. Good job crumbworks.

However, there are a few things that I feel I need to address:

1. Not getting the Confirmation Email is a total failure with TekSavvy's Back End Processing. In addition, neither getting a call from them to confirm with you the dispatch date is another failure, albeit not as severe as this first mistake. Why neither of these things happened is a total mystery.

2. "...service is set to be tentatively activated on [X date]..." means just that. You took a day off work on a tentative date!? That's entirely your fault. I would have called or emailed TekSavvy a couple days after getting that email to ask, "When is this tentative date going to not be a tentative date anymore? I need to know when to take a day of work." Then, once you know it's confirmed, go ahead and take a day off work. On the flip side, the second day off work was totally legit... which brings me to #3.

3. No dispatch for FTTN 16.0?? That's just not proper. At the very least a Telecon technician should have stopped by to verify everything is all good with your inside wiring; this being an upgrade is irrelevant to that fact. I have no idea how or why it went down that way. Partly Bell and partly TekSavvy to blame here, presumably.

4. "...activated on [X date] anywhere between the hours of 8am to Midnight." does not mean a 16 hour technician window at all. That's the activation window meaning the new service will go active sometime between 8am and Midnight, regardless of a dispatch. The technician windows are clearly outlined in the next two sentences. In addition, those time-frames were incorrect in the earlier emails that were sent out. It's actually 12pm to 5pm then 5pm to 9pm; only a 9 hour window. But even if it was an 8am to 9pm time-frame, that's a 13 hour window, not 16. I can see how this might not be the clearest thing in the world, but still interpreted incorrectly by you.

So you failed on a couple things and TekSavvy (and by extension Bell) failed on a couple things. Just throwing in my 2 cents.
crumbworks

join:2006-12-19
North York, ON
·Bell Sympatico

Re: Clarification

Thanks for your comments Rizzle. I'm glad that you appreciate the breadth of my review.

1. I agree with you. I can't fathom why neither of these things happened.

2. Yes I know this was my fault, but from when I selected the date online until that specified date was over a week's time... I figured that someone would have called over a span of half a dozen business days to tell me if things were to change. While I was at fault, I did wait until the last minute to notify that I would not be working that day (and I didn't technically take a day off -- I just switched shifts with someone and worked on the weekend for them).

3. The only rationale I have for the lack of dispatch is that it's a relatively new building, finished building in late 2007. I've been living here since the day all of the electrical and fire safety precautions were finalized, and I was told by a few technicians that this building is wired up for the latest and greatest. Maybe TekSavvy/Bell is aware of this in some sort of database?

4. You are right. I checked the email again and it does say 12pm to 5pm, and then 5pm to 9pm. I'll amend my review. Also, going by the activation timeframe may not be fair, but in my defence, even two 4 or 5 hour windows is silly these days. I mean, if it was just one technician and a single 4-hour window, fine. I could've worked a different shift that same day and been there for that technician. But 12pm to 9pm erases the whole day. Even more wasteful when no one had to come out! Haha.

Thanks for your two cents. Anyone else is more than welcome to comment.

~ Chris

Hello Crumbworks,

Thank you for the updated review. I am happy to hear you’re still enjoying the services you are receiving. I apologize for any delays/issues with your speed changes, I hope these have been resolved now for you. If not please contact us in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct so we can assist further.

Thank you again for the updated review! We appreciate it!

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.

Review by donkey See Profile

• Location: Montreal, QC
Good "I came back, the grass is NOT greener on the other side."
Bad "Nothing."
Overall "Zap the Cap makes my 300gig cap GONE!"

·Acanac
I have been with Teksavvy for a number of years now. I have never had to call them on the telephone, because they have their direct forum here at dslr.

Any issues, and when I say issues, have not broken my dsl connection with tek, have been trivial and more to the point of being stuck on a crappy lucent/stinger remote that both I and tek have no control over.

In closing, teksavvy has been great to me, their 300g cap with 2am to 8am grace period where it doesn't count (uploading doesn't count either for the entire month) I've easily stayed within my allotment for the month.

UPDATE: With Zap the CAP, I don't even care when I download, mind you my heavy downloads are scheduled for the 2-8am period. Sure my downloads are limited to 9 megabits per second during the times of 8pm to 12am, and I am perfectly comfortable with it.

member for 6.4 years, 2106 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Martin

removed.

Hi,

Thanks for your review. We always appreciate a good word from our users.

I'm waiting for an answer concerning the ON vs QC pricing for you.

Re: Your Review

I had asked Marc about it in the past, he responded that he explained it in another thread, sadly I couldn't find it.

Montreal, QC
It has been a few weeks, thanks for the reply/answer?

I could get a faster telephone answer than this! (that's sarcasm because everyone waits hours)

Re: Your Review

Ok I take back that last comment, apparently rogers put a hockey stick in tesavvy's spokes and grinded their phone support to a halt.

Re: Your Review

Good bye Teksavvy, it's been fun, but your inability to specify or prove why you have to charge me $7 more a month than someone in Ontario has driven me out. Godspeed.
JB Webs you say? Sounds like a SCAM to me!

Chatham, ON
Glad to see you are still a happy camper! Enjoy!

Review by simsin0 See Profile

• Location: Laval,QC
Good "First company in Canada to stand up for the consumers who were being GOUGED by the big TELCO's. This COMPANY cares!"
Bad "Got popular due to great service and pricing, has surge of new customers which are overwhelming the support staff atm."
Overall "BEST PRICE BEST VALUE! Great knowledgable STAFF especially Michael W! Marc, Jonathan & Andre on the forums are great!"

The only issue I could forsee for future customers is the install. This is tricky because it has a lot to do with the local incubent that is sub-leasing its lines to TEKsavvy. These companies often set Teksavvy at the end of the line for installs which is frustrating on a customer level. However Once installed the power shifts into Teksavvys hands and issues get handled much more rapdily for the customers.

Comments:

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Thanks!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Cheers,

Andre

TSI Kris
join:2013-11-18
Chatham, ON

Updated review

Hey there!

Thanks for your updated review! We're definitely working on making sure installation goes smoother in the future, but we're glad to hear you're having a great experience with our service! Should something ever come up, just give us a shout over in the »TekSavvy Direct forum.

Thanks,

TSI Kris

Review by dsoegiarto See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Stability, Quality, Value and Support"
Bad "Installation/setup coordination was a little flakey and pre-sales was confusing"
Overall "Good value, good product. Can't go wrong!"

·TekSavvy Cable
Rewriting my review. Basically, installation is hell. That's all that matters. Still got no Internet. Got scheduled at 5 - 8PM, it's now 8:05 and still not a peep from the technician. This is after multiple reschedule. No less than a nightmare. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still sticking with this guy, until I remember that they have the best price and the best monthly cap.

Nothing else.

Comments:

TSI Martin

Your review

Thank you for taking the time to review. May we possibly ask that you elaborate as to what the cause of the setup that went horribly wrong?

This may help us identify avenues of improvement.

Noticed you have already posted in the public forum & our upper management is already looking into this.

Martin
TSI Martin (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyBuzz ; @TekSavvyNetwork ; @TekSavvyCSR

said by TSI Martin:

Martin

The posts in public forum is more than I can ask of TSI to look into.

Feel free to check ticket# 174507 (last year) and 175294 (this year) for more info.

It's the coordination with Bell that's more of a pain.

said by TSI Martin:

Martin

Even more update today to support my feedback. See ticket # 175294.

Ordered on the 17th, scheduled for the 26th, backup date on the 28th and 29th.

Today they're saying, my order is on the 28th, and Bell is just working on the 24th??

Wouldn't my order should be the 17th? Or 26th at worst?? How did I fall off the list?

The whole thing is a joke, and I'm being nice.

Re: Your review

Just an update: TekSavvy just went out of their way to do what they can to help me during my downtime by providing temporary solution. That's a 5-star effort in my eyes.

Unfortunately, ultimately, Bell is part of installation component regardless, and TSI could be a little clearer in communication.

So I'm bumping the stars, but still not a 5.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03

Re: Your review

Thanks for the update. We certainly appreciate it

Review by Brano See Profile

• Location: Burlington,ON
Good "Smooth browsing ;)"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "Best ISP I've used so far ;)"

·Bell Fibe
Currently subscribed to 15/10 VDSL2 ($34.99+tax) package.

The service is excellent and there is nothing to complain about.

member for 12.2 years, 7421 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Alan
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

Thank You For Your Review!

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

Glad to hear you are pleased with the VDSL service. We strive every day to be different in a good way!

Regards,
TSI Alan (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee
Follow us on Twitter: @TekSavvyCSR; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by Gammavino See Profile

• Location: canada
Good "Friendly, Canadian tech support & customer service staff"
Bad "Trying to sign-up and get service without help from NASA!"
Overall "Not sure if everyone knows "

The whole process began on August 1, 2014. I found the web site, read through what was available to me in my area, found the package I wanted and followed through with signing up for service. Apparently one must need to mind read so as to answer the questions correctly. It seemed straight forward to me, and there were explanations for those who did not know what a wet loop or dry loop was all about. I selected what I anticipated having by the time TekSavvy would get around to connecting me and and migrating my service over from my present provider. Note that no where on the multi-step sign-up forms is there anything to distinguish between a "migration" and an "activation" except on the last screen where they ask for your 3 preferred "activation" dates.

TekSavvy was quick to take my money and responded very well with courteous emails telling me all that had transpired. Within a few days I had an email saying that a technician will be arriving on the first date (Aug. 21st.) to do whatever and get me going. That was great except it did not seem to be going as many other acquaintances had told me it would. I was concerned about the 30 days notice I knew my current provider wanted, and this date was ahead of that. I was also concerned that after another provider ported my phone over to their system, I still had a wet loop at my house when tested several days later.

So in the evening of August 11th I thought it best to call and ask a few questions to be sure about things. Well I really learned a lot from that! Apparently, everything is MY fault because I "asked for" an ACTIVATION and not a MIGRATION! As I said - there is no place to do this that I could find on their sign-up form. I was then told to give them my B1 number and my dry loop number - nothing that was ever asked for before. So I got my dry loop number and called back with that information about 30 minutes later. Now I am told there is already a dry loop number on the file for my ACTIVATION and it is not the one I just procured from my ISP half an hour earlier. So I then get a whole spiel about how "back-to-school" is happening and that my present ISP is working on orders from 6 days ago, and that I need to tell T.S. if I want to cancel the ACTIVATION and proceed with a MIGRATION in which case good luck to me in hearing anything for about 4 weeks minimum. There is so much more to this conversation that I cannot bother to type out here - it goes on and on.

The bottom line is that I believe that TekSavvy will deliver a good product for a good price based on many first-hand reviews from friends and relatives. Also, the Customer Reps I spoke to were very nice to deal with, and were well spoken and courteous and doing their best to help me. But the discussion was convoluted and proceeded to get more complicated as time went on. I finally settled on cancelling the order that would have activated me on Aug. 21st. and asked them to proceed with a "migration" (which I really wish I knew about 11 days ago!). This should help prevent me from having two ISP's at the same time and two bills to pay as well.

Apparently, I will be waiting a long time to hear any updates (4 weeks) on my status which seems way out there. I thought hearing something in a day or two would be more like it, even if the cut-over date was 3 or 4 weeks out.

I think it would be best if TekSavvy dropped the on-line sign-up procedure and have all new potential customers call for service, and get asked ALL the questions up front that are important to avoid all the mystery and misery. Then I suspect this issue would not have played out as it did. Failing that, they really need a major overhaul of that sign-up page if they wish to keep it. It seemed straightforward to me until I found out there apparently is hidden assumptions behind the answers provided. I didn't like being told that I asked for an ACTIVATION rather than a MIGRATION when I cannot find that I had a choice. I tried a dummy sign-up today and still do not see where I did anything wrong, but here I am out of $246 or so and now waiting...waiting...waiting.

Comments:

TSI John

Hello,
I am sorry about the experience you have had with TekSavvy. I would very much like to look into this issue for you. Would you mind posting your account information here »TekSavvy Direct so we can look into this for you?

Gammavino

join:2014-08-12
canada

Re: Your Review

I will do that John - thank you. BTW - I forgot to mention that where I was asked who my current provider was, I answered that from the drop-down list - which begs the question - why would I want anything but a migration if I already have a provider? I wouldn't need two...

Re: Your Review

Thank you I will contact you there after I have looked over the account

Review by ehoni See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Kind customer service, Willing to get the work done"
Bad "Lack of updates"
Overall "Finally online, very happy"

Called to get service on July 26th. Was told that I could have service by the 1st. Line dropped (my fault) and I signed up online. Some hiccups with payment, but that got worked out quickly.

July 31st received modem. Set it up and called in to see if the technician was good to go on the first. Nope. Earliest date is the 6th. No way to move that forward, either. Was informed that I would get daily updates. Received 1 email in the 5 days since, saying that Bell hasn't responded.

I understand that Teksavvy is a the mercy of Bell and their sub-contractors, but a clear channel of communication would be nice. Even if each day the email said "No response from Bell, but we will continue to check with them"

Will update to document my experiences.

August 8: Still no internet. I have been told that my service date was moved from the 1st to the 6th because of vendor delays, and that because of the vendor delays I will have to wait another 5+ days. No one seems to have a handle on when Bell will get off their rears and do something about it.

August 11: Finally Internet. Bell tech came, fixed some issues, then I was online. Those speeds, tho!

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Ehoni,

Thank you for the review. We do apologize for any delay with appointments. We are coming into our back to school season and it is our busiest time of year. Our vendors are currently delayed with their technician appointments. We do apologize for this.
In regards to communications if you can post in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct with your account information I can ensure your account manager knows you would like daily updates for your account.

If you can post your account details in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct we can assist you further.

TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team

TSI Chris K
join:2013-10-25
Hello Ehoni,

Thank you for the updated review.

Glad to hear everything is back online. Feel free to reach out to us anytime!

Thanks,
Chris.

Review by sabareeshwar See Profile

To be short, I placed an order on 24th of July. They gave me three tentative days for installation, aug 1st, 2nd and 5th.

On 5th I got an update saying Vendor have not responded.

I posted a reply at their help center page but got no reply, then placed a query in the Direct forum and they put me on the callback queue. Later got a callback and all the customer rep can say is the same thing, no reply from vendor and we are having a close eye on your file. I kept bugging him to at least give me a solid date when they can install, but he doesn't have that information and didn't want to commit. Said it may take a day or two or even later to even get a response.

On 7th another update same thing. I thought let me wait till friday. Nothing on friday either, my guess is they will not do anything on the weekend either. Oh to be fair, atleast give me a date. Can't you guys escalate it and get a date come on. Do you expect the customers to keep waiting for weeks without even knowing when they will get the service?

Before this review, I just posted another reply on their direct forum and waiting for a reply. Let's see where this goes!

Comments:

TSI ShawnS
join:2012-11-22

RE: Review

Hello sabareeshwar,

I understand that this delay is causing an inconvenience for you. I assure you that this is not a usual occurrence. Our vendor usually confirms a dispatch date within 24-48 hours after the order is pushed to them.

Our vendor is working very hard to catch up as quickly as they can. Your order should be confirmed within the next 24-48 hours. Thank you for your patience as we await our vendor's response.

Sincerely,
Shawn S
TSI ShawnS (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee (»»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

Review by Dylan24 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Problem solved"

So my speeds are where they should be at, and I thank the reps that took care of these issues for me. I would say they were prompt and friendly.

Comments:

TSI John

Hello Dylan24,

We at Teksavvy do strive to make each and every customer a satisfied customer. We would very much like to look into this issue and get it resolved. Can you please post your account information in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so we can have a look for you?

Dylan24

join:2014-07-21
Toronto, ON

Re: Your Review

Thank you for replying in a prompt manner. When you ask for my account information, which info is it exactly that you're looking for? Would you like me to repost tis review in the Teksavvy Direct forum?

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Re: Your Review

My apologies for missing your reply here. Simply make reference to this review and supply the requested account info so that we can have a look (when you post in direct it will automatically ask you for the info we would need to locate your account)
TSI Keith Online Services Account Manager - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Calero27

join:2014-01-13
Chatham, ON

You have a line issue of some sort.

This is not a case of Teksavvy not providing the proper speed. This could be a line issue, a bad filter, phone cord, jack or modem. Lots of things can be causing this. Since this a physical problem changing to another Dsl provider will leave you in the same boat till the problem is resolved.
hightech

join:2011-01-03

Don't shoot the messenger

I have helped migrate a few friends to Teksavvy from Bell DSL and all of them had speed related issues. They were paying for 6mbps service and speedtest rarely got over 2 mbps (mostly under 1 mbps). This was an issue on the line (they were on old copper lines and not FTTH or FTTN settings. I have since got them migrated to Cable (Cogeco and Rogers) and their 20/2 and 25/2 speeds actually get 20/2 and 24.7/2 respectively.

Your problem is not really with Teksavvy but with the external line coming to your home or the lines inside of the home. As frustrating as this can be, blasting Teksavvy for the issue is like shooting the messenger.

You may be better served with a Cable connection if it is available in your area. With DSL, you either get great speeds or it just plain sucks. Rarely there is middle ground.

Review by ngraziani See Profile

• Location: Kirkland,QC
Good "Service was turned up easily with no need for a home visit by a tech."
Bad "Anomalous intermittent latency issues on occasion."
Overall "Excellent value for the speed and fixed IP address"

It really helps that they have deployed a lot of colo in the CO's. Makes turn-up extremely easy. Fixed IP and reverse DNS (PTR's) easy as well.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh

Hello Ngraziani,

Thank you for the review for your TekSavvy services. I am delighted that you are enjoying the services in your area. I am also quite pleased to see you are enjoying the speeds provided and the static IP address.

I see you have mentioned that you notice intermittent latency with the connection. We would be more than happy to assist you with any issues you are noticing.
If you can send us a message in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct we’d be happy to assist.

Thank you again for your review. Please keep us posted on your TekSavvy services!

TSI Ashleigh - Social Media Team